Leather Farm

Leather Farm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

So, either the farm was meant to be pointless from the beginning, or it is a design failure. There’s simply no other option here.

I don’t know how many times we can say this and have people continue to not understand basic economics.

Leather Farm

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It sounds like you expected prices to plummet overnight. That was never going to happen.

The purpose of the farm was to give players the ability to CHOOSE to get leather for either their personal use or to sell it on the TP. And ONLY with enough units for sale on the TP will the price ever move down.

ANet gave us a tool, it’s up to the players to use it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Leather Farm

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The new Grandmaster Leatherworker Mark for buying from vendors cost 50+65 refined t5 leather. I guess that is why the farm gives so much of it…

Leather Farm

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

The purpose of the farm was to give players the ability to CHOOSE to get leather for either their personal use or to sell it on the TP.

Hm, I don’t recall seeing Anet say this anywhere.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Leather Farm

TorsoReaper.8530

I can’t wait to see leather prices now that people need to craft leather tokens to buy ascended from vendors.

Leather Farm

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Wait, what do we need hardened leather for again? Hardened leather is only a small part of crafting ascended armor and most leather that is needed to make the square has been getting cheaper over time.

Exotics? There’s named armor, including the one that really matters— berserker— and also karma armor. The HoT stats have always been expensive to craft; the cost has just been moved elsewhere. You get 2g a day from just doing dailies. If you can’t muster up the 100-150g, then you probably don’t need HoT exotics to begin with. Exotic Weapons + Rare Armor + Rare trinkets—-> Convert to ascended trinkets with laurels or map currency. I doubt you’ll notice the difference and save up tons of gold so you can make ascended weapons.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Leather Farm

TorsoReaper.8530

Wait, what do we need hardened leather for again? Hardened leather is only a small part of crafting ascended armor and most leather that is needed to make the square has been getting cheaper over time.

Exotics? There’s named armor, including the one that really matters— berserker— and also karma armor. The HoT stats have always been expensive to craft; the cost has just been moved elsewhere. You get 2g a day from just doing dailies. If you can’t muster up the 100-150g, then you probably don’t need HoT exotics to begin with. Exotic Weapons + Rare Armor + Rare trinkets—-> Convert to ascended trinkets with laurels or map currency. I doubt you’ll notice the difference and save up tons of gold so you can make ascended weapons.

You need all kinds of leather for elonian squares but because of the new changes if you want to get pvp or fractal ascended gear you’ll now need about 4,000 thick leather sections which is basically 67 gold