in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Yes. Defiantly, this is something we don’t need fur really really want

Legendary Armor: Yes or No?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I heard some rumors about this, and I hope it isn’t true. I feel like ascended should be the final tier in armor grind. Although I feel ascended armor should have more of a significant stat increase than Exotic. New Legendary weapons, fine. But armor should stay at the current tier level

i can accept legendary armor, only if, upgraded from ascended armor. and no rng stupid precursor armor thing. please.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have no great issue with Legendary armor, as long as:

1) It works the same way weapons do – always top tier (so, on par with ascended) and has swappable stats. Considering what I would assume I would need to sink into such armor, in both time and materials, one set should be all I ever ‘need.’ (Do note the quotes there)

2) Precursors for it are not RNG based. Make me craft them, make me turn ascended into them via some combination of gifts, give me a quest for them. Hell make me do a jumping puzzle and give it as a guaranteed reward. Those are all fine. No. More. RNG. Plz, ty.

3) The particle affects are adjustable, to some extent. They really should not be so over the top that it makes everyone around me lag. I do have some consideration for others…

Just my 2c

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

3. NO SPECIAL SKINS. Instead, give it a common skin, BUT allow it to be changed to different skins without consuming Transmutation Charges. This means the Legendary armor could ALWAYS be changed to whatever skin a player wants, as many times as he wants, without consuming Transmutation Charges. The transmutation technology is already in the game, this is JUST a small change.

I think this is actually a great idea. Would be nice to let people see what you’ve earned, though. (Especially if the armor cannot be bought on TP). Perhaps no matter what skin you put on it you would have some sort of glowing aura signifying that you are wearing legendary armor, or if you get a full set you get a symbol next to your name, similar to the 100% exploration star. Legendary effects should be able to be turned off in general by all players. I don’t think its right not to give them flashy glowing effects because some people don’t like it. Just make it so characters can disable those effects for all players on their screen, themselves included.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Alasteir.7031

Alasteir.7031

I agree – Legendary Armor if implemented well could be a great success. What do i mean by that?

1.Build it off existing Ascended armor.
2.Give us decent skins – not like with Ascended.
3.Give us the option to turn off the flashy pew-pew effects that will most likely give us seizures.
4.Make the skins look good – I cannot stress this enough.
5.Make them have the same stats as ascended – we don’t need more power creep – i again cannot stress this enough. Changing stats is fine but it shouldn’t be numerically better.

Numbers 2 and 4 are weird requests since what constitutes decent or good looking varies from person to person. I personally loved the look of the Ascended Armor, of all three armor weights.

As for the topic at hand, it would definitely add another goal to strive for. Guild Wars 2 isn’t very theme parky when it comes to end game; that is, anet doesn’t tell you what you should be doing like mmos with raids being the main source of content, instead players are practically encouraged to set their own goals here, and Legendary Armor, which will obviously be of the same stat quality of Ascended Armor (why wouldn’kitten Since they only added ascended because Exotic was way too easy to get), will be yet something else one can choose to do. Although I agree that it should either be built off of ascended armor, or not require a precursor armor piece that relies on an rng drop. Maybe an epic quest (unique bosses that spawn in unique instances that require a lot of skill to beat?) to reforge some ancient equipment, I don’t know.

Lady Novae – 80 Human Ele – Blackgate

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

We will see it somewhen in the future.
the first legendary equipment besides of weapons that has been spoken of are legendary accessoires, like legendary rings, legendary earings, legendary necklaces and legendary back items.

Thats the first stuff that we will see, before we will see legendary armor sets, that require alot more work.
Due to the point, that accessoiresare no items with any visuality, except of the back items, we can just guess, that if we might ever see something like legendary rigns/earrings/necklaces, that these items might provide us new overall visual effects.

Example:

Sacred Light of Dwayna
Legendary Version of Light of Dwayna
Has bigger wings, more impressive sparkling lights and your Dodge Roll-Animation changes into a Flash of Sacred Light

The Ursurpator
A legendary Amulet with the power of a mighty ancient old demon sealed within it, which has been said, once had the power to become stronger by draining out the energy of its victims.
Wearing this Amulet could add visual Weapon Swing Animations that all your attacks look like, as if you would drain health out of your foes

The Destiny’s Eye
A legendary Ring, that has been said,gives those who wear it the power to see the future.
Wearing that legendary ring you give you the visual effect of Retaliation permanently, regardless if you have the buff acttive or not

The Dawn of the Golden King Moa
A ledendary Earring with an impressive shiny golden down of the golden king moa.
Wearign this, gives you permanently the animation of Swiftness, regardless if you have the buff active, or not, you look much swifter with this earring

Stuff like this would I love to see getting implemented with legendary accessoires.

Legendary Armor Sets should just visually look awesome and should be together with Ascended Armor Sets the equipment, that should be able to use on them also new Ascended Runes which would be slightly better accountbound runes with the feature to also be changed outside of battles like Stats.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Toxica.6749

Toxica.6749

OOOooooh do we get to show off our legendary gem purchasing abilities or legendary BLTP trading skills like we do for the weapons?

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

IMO they most definitely should incorporate some type of legendary armor. But how to obtain the materials to craft it is the bigger question. They should not make it entirely a gold sink, but require you to obtain the materials through some new Raids/New Dungeons/New Permanent Content, which would give life and purpose to doing new content they may incorporate.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Ascended Armors should become just precursors, same as like ascended weapons should become precursors for some new legendary weapons in the future.
That way would Anet hit two birds with a stone.

Anet doesn’t need to add tons of new items, just make use of what is already there except of gifts of exploration. For the love of god, please not more of that in usage.

but all the other gifts could be used to mystic forge some simple new gifts with that you could make your legendary armor sets later
Legendary Armors should be crafted directly as full complete sets.
Not as 6 single pieces!!!.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I would love legendary armor as long as stats are the same as Ascended. Give something shiny and something that can change stats, don’t see anything wrong. I also like the idea of using Ascended as the precurser

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Draknar.5748

OOOooooh do we get to show off our legendary gem purchasing abilities or legendary BLTP trading skills like we do for the weapons?

If the armor wasn’t sellable and the reqs to get required something like 5k of each dungeon token, completed FoTM50, obviously 100% map completion, max crafts in all crafts, complete personal story, 15k AP, 5k PvP kills, 10k badges of honor, etc. etc. It should require things you can’t just dish out money to get or purchase on TP. Then you would know that person actually was legendary.

I would support it if these things were requirements.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

15k AP…. ow…

/15kSadCharrs

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

It should have the same stats as ascended but allow stat changing and of course, a legendary looking skin.

Ascended are already kittening expensive, we should have stats change on them as well to avoid being stuck with the same stats/build forever.
Legendaies should be just what they were intended to be when anet advertised them: nice skins.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yes…but…

Same stats as current ascended, no higher.

Each piece changeable to all stat types just like legendary weapons.

Each legendary armour piece should be equal in grind to a current legendary weapon is now. Don’t want just any casual riff raff getting legendary armour!

We must have precursor armour pieces.

Obviously when they design the armour set/s they must aim to make it by far the most awesome looking armour in GW2. Being considerably better than anything seen before, so every players desires it.

Must be possible to sell on the Trading Post, so we can makes 1,000’s of gold in profit.

Posted by: Toxica.6749

Toxica.6749

If the armor wasn’t sellable and the reqs to get required something like 5k of each dungeon token, completed FoTM50, obviously 100% map completion, max crafts in all crafts, complete personal story, 15k AP, 5k PvP kills, 10k badges of honor, etc. etc. It should require things you can’t just dish out money to get or purchase on TP. Then you would know that person actually was legendary.

I would support it if these things were requirements.

Absolutely. It should have had more to do with achievements in game from the get go. It makes sense lore wise too, if you had done that many achievements you would indeed be the toast of Tyria and quite the legend.

Unfortunately for us NCSoft seems to think legendary pertains to something else entirely (like the size of your wallet).

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

It should have the same stats as ascended but allow stat changing and of course, a legendary looking skin.

Yes please.

And especially the legendary looking skins. When my human mesmer steps into DA garbed in full legendary epicness I want Queen Jennah to feel as if Dawyna has graced the land with her presence. Or go insane and jump off a cliff. I’m good with either.

/Idon’tactuallyhateQueenJennah

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

We will see it somewhen in the future.
the first legendary equipment besides of weapons that has been spoken of are legendary accessoires, like legendary rings, legendary earings, legendary necklaces and legendary back items.

Thats the first stuff that we will see, before we will see legendary armor sets, that require alot more work.
Due to the point, that accessoiresare no items with any visuality, except of the back items, we can just guess, that if we might ever see something like legendary rigns/earrings/necklaces, that these items might provide us new overall visual effects.

Example:

Sacred Light of Dwayna
Legendary Version of Light of Dwayna
Has bigger wings, more impressive sparkling lights and your Dodge Roll-Animation changes into a Flash of Sacred Light

The Ursurpator
A legendary Amulet with the power of a mighty ancient old demon sealed within it, which has been said, once had the power to become stronger by draining out the energy of its victims.
Wearing this Amulet could add visual Weapon Swing Animations that all your attacks look like, as if you would drain health out of your foes

The Destiny’s Eye
A legendary Ring, that has been said,gives those who wear it the power to see the future.
Wearing that legendary ring you give you the visual effect of Retaliation permanently, regardless if you have the buff acttive or not

The Dawn of the Golden King Moa
A ledendary Earring with an impressive shiny golden down of the golden king moa.
Wearign this, gives you permanently the animation of Swiftness, regardless if you have the buff active, or not, you look much swifter with this earring

Stuff like this would I love to see getting implemented with legendary accessoires.

Legendary Armor Sets should just visually look awesome and should be together with Ascended Armor Sets the equipment, that should be able to use on them also new Ascended Runes which would be slightly better accountbound runes with the feature to also be changed outside of battles like Stats.

Would definitely like ascended something sorta like this. I don’t like the idea of combat buff animations, but maybe glowing points on the character’s finger where a ring would sit? Something to indicate fancy rings? Rainbows swirling around the hands? A glowing amulet visible over armor? Something flashy or that has some interesting new effect. Maybe leaves and flower petals trail after your hands for rings or start growing through your hair for earring.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

3) The particle affects are adjustable, to some extent. They really should not be so over the top that it makes everyone around me lag. I do have some consideration for others…

That’s so sweet. And naive. People will do the opposite, trying by any means to stack auras and boost their egos.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That’s so sweet. And naive. People will do the opposite, trying by any means to stack auras and boost their egos.

Oh, I realize people will do the opposite. I’m not that stupid.

Thus why I said that particle effect should not be over the top as to make everyone around me lag. I probably should have clarified further that it shouldn’t be over the top when turned all the way up.

Conversely, we could use some (additional) graphics tools to allow us to control some of the partical affects of those around us. I mean, we have some limited options currently, but I know some people have asked for more ways to deal with other player particle effects.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

Excalibur, Durandal, Hrunting, The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch,… Legendary weapon is a concept that holds its ground in fiction. You rarely ever see a “named” armor, though.

-Blackgate-

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

If its a long grind requiring me to farm a lot of materials? No of course not.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I got my mom’s credit card, and now I have all of the legendary weapons.

Posted by: Hwk.6987

Hwk.6987

post patch before 15th april=Ofc.. after. Not at all. Not worth the time

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, no special skins.
blank skin please.
no RNG precursor kitten as well.
the ability to swap to all stats, once unlocked.
the ability to swap to all runes, once unlocked.
the ability to swap to all infusions, once unlocked.

we have enough particle effects in the game.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

This game already has enough of a grinding problem. Introducing more obscenely difficult to obtain loot will surely exacerbate it.

I’d much rather see another campaign or something. Some kind of permanent, lengthy, playable content. Horizontal growth is important for stability.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

No to Legendary Armor – they said that Ascended would be it.

Correction, they said Ascended was the last tier they plan to introduce. Legendary however already exists, hence it would not be a new tier if they made Legendary armor.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Although I feel ascended armor should have more of a significant stat increase than Exotic.

This has never been the Guild Wars way. In fact, I find the 3-5% boost to be quite gracious of ANet – especially if you consider that their previous game was nearly complete horizonal progression – and max armor was max, whether it was 5k from Droknar’s Forge or 150 ectos + 150 obsidian shards + More from Fissure of Woe.

I think there should be legendary armor though – and more legendary weapons. You grind out for Ascended if you want the small stat boost and AR. Then, if you desire, legendaries for some awesome looking skins.

They’ll really have to go all out with the legendary armor though. Not like make it as flamboyant as possible but at least make it armor that people really covet and desire.

This game already has enough of a grinding problem. Introducing more obscenely difficult to obtain loot will surely exacerbate it.

I’d much rather see another campaign or something. Some kind of permanent, lengthy, playable content. Horizontal growth is important for stability.

I would like to see an expansion and legendary armor/more legendary weapons come WITH that expansion. If they opened up Dominion of the Winds, for instance – they could introduce some different skins or new Ascended/Legendary equipment that was obtained a different way.

Basically, I would like to see a new campaign. And the new campaign I envision would include stuff like new armor and weapons (of legendary status, to boot).

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

As long as it has the same stats as ascended, (as is the case with weapons), I couldn’t give a kitten.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

bad idea…

pls no more grindfest

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

Considering what a pain ascended armor is to make already, I really don’t want to see them take that to the next level.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Make it 10 times as hard to get legendary armor than it is to get ascended.

The only thing that is hard in getting ascended items is to motivate yourself to do ridiculously easy tasks over and over and over again.

How would you make farming ressources ten times harder? If it means ten times more ressources, it would be just ten time grindier. Impressive! That sounds like a real achievement. You should also get titles like:

Legendary Lumberjack, Nemesis of the Ancient Wood Log
Legendary Miner, Destroyer of Ores
etc.

Mate, lets just face it, this game is a joke if you look at items. Challenge is non-existent in any form outside of being a zombie. Legendaries and ascended are part of that grind. So much for no power creep.

If you do want challenge, take a step out of PvE and come PvP/WvW (tpvp/dueling/solo-roaming). Those are some of the most fun parts of the game.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

My only concern about legendary armor is “Special Effects Overload”. With a weapon you have between 1 and 2 equipped at any given time so the cool visuals are able to be seen. With 6 pieces of armor, it is possible that you’ll basically be a laser light show clown.

Make this a gem store outfit. I love the laser light show clown concept. Like seriously ridiculous.

Draknar.5748

15k AP…. ow…

/15kSadCharrs

For legendary armor, 15k AP sounds like a completely fair number. You should at least have that Masterful Achiever title. A good % of players are at 10k+ AP at this point in the game.

For reference: I have 12.2k AP and 1250 total hours played across all characters. Should be able to hit 15k by the 1500-1600 hrs played mark. Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me for legendary armor. I mean, it’s legendary!

When you actually work to get AP, it comes pretty quick. Obvious channels of course are doing all daily categories, all monthly categories, do all of the JPs, do all Explorer achieves, do all LS achieves when they become available, all WvW tourny achieves, WvW achieves in general, PvP achieves, crafting achieves, X monster kills, personal story achieves for each race, mini-game achieves, FoTM achieves, dungeon achieves. It’s actually pretty easy to get this stuff if you focus on it.

You would have to actually AP hunt essentially. That’s the legendary aspect I’m suggesting.

Lilith Ajit.6173

15k AP…. ow…

/15kSadCharrs

For legendary armor, 15k AP sounds like a completely fair number. You should at least have that Masterful Achiever title. A good % of players are at 10k+ AP at this point in the game.

For reference: I have 12.2k AP and 1250 total hours played across all characters. Should be able to hit 15k by the 1500-1600 hrs played mark. Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me for legendary armor. I mean, it’s legendary!

When you actually work to get AP, it comes pretty quick. Obvious channels of course are doing all daily categories, all monthly categories, do all of the JPs, do all Explorer achieves, do all LS achieves when they become available, all WvW tourny achieves, WvW achieves in general, PvP achieves, crafting achieves, X monster kills, personal story achieves for each race, mini-game achieves, FoTM achieves, dungeon achieves. It’s actually pretty easy to get this stuff if you focus on it.

You would have to actually AP hunt essentially. That’s the legendary aspect I’m suggesting.

Okay.

Well great for those achievement hunters. I see nothing at all legendary about killing 1000 skelk.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

With the insane requirements vs the insanly low drop and lack of materials for resonable price? no sry.

If they add legendary armors it’s strictly to make the game p2w even more. Consider the game revolves around skins mostly … so the main win of the game is the skin not the stats. That means the game is a major p2w game as long as they don’t fix drop rates and make it more accessible. Not make ppl either be very good at scamming tradingpost or waste thousands of $$ on gems.

Draknar.5748

15k AP…. ow…

/15kSadCharrs

Okay.

Well great for those achievement hunters. I see nothing at all legendary about killing 1000 skelk.

Clearly you don’t think legendary armor would be an actual achievement worth, well, achieving then.

And you don’t have to kill 1000 skelk. Supplement that AP with 1 day’s worth of dailies. Point is, it can be done. If you have Ascended armor, you had to grind gold to buy the mats, or grind the mats themselves, plus max your crafting, plus have laurels and gold for the recipes. You would replace gold grinding with AP grinding. (and for the people that chime in with “but GW2 said there would be no grind!!”— anything that is a long term goal is a grind, if you want something long term to work towards, it will have to include a grind, there’s no way around it, otherwise everyone and their cousin can get it, thus losing the prestige, unless of course they just gift it to you when you hit X years played…)

I’ve never grinded for monster kills btw, I played the game normally across 8 different characters at this point, and have all 1000 kills completed except for Jotun and Giants.

My point is 15k AP is not that difficult to get if you are motivated to get it, and I would like to think legendary armor would be a good motivator.

But if 15k AP seems so horrible then maybe 10k AP.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I don’t much care one way or the other… I don’t think Anet would implement such a system anyway. As a dungeon runner, I could never achieve 15k AP doing the things I like to do in game, and just like ascended armor, I would not do things I don’t enjoy just to get it (ie dragonite). For my legendaries I had to spend about 3 hours of my life total to get the required wvw map completion, but the rest I was able to achieve while doing things I like, exploring and dungeoning. To get 15k AP though… would turn the game I love to play into a chore. So I would never get legendary armor. That’s my only point. And my initial response was merely “15k AP” Not “15k AP LOL NO WAY YOUR WRONG”. I don’t find achievement hunting legendary. That’s just me. I get you’re different. That’s okay. Anyway:

Tl;dr: A system which required steep AP for a legendary is something I would never pursue. I get that others would.

[ARES]