Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sol.6213

Sol.6213

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

“we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game”

It is clear that you are not delivering on a product as it was promised, whether you take offense or not, the facts are there.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

I’m going to take a step back and set all emotions aside for a moment.
I think it’s been a trend over the recent years at ArenaNet to set arguably unrealistic timetables and goals for the release of new content.

What we are seeing here is probably Mike stepping in and taking the 1st step towards adjusting that, and it makes a lot of sense.

Of course there’s going to be a LOT of flak… but looking at the bigger picture? i really hope this means more realistic goals for the future.

/raises flame shield

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Payne.1250

Payne.1250

Can you just give us what you advertised with HOT please ?

I swear we’ll remember of the way you are handling this for your next expansion, you can trust us, we’ll believe nothing it’s gonna be easier

From our windows you seems so understaffed, you’re literally doing nothing to give us positive hints

[TSS] Tequatl Slayer Squad

#TeamAmber

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think the biggest issue is that players currently have no idea what is and isn’t part of the game going forward.

I would like a rough definition of what the developers see as the “core game,” a phrase they have used several times.

So, which of the following are – and are not – still on the development table as part of the living world:

• Guild Missions
  • Fractals
  • Open World Maps
  • Dynamic Events
  • World Bosses
  • Collections
  • Holidays (Dragon Bash, Queen’s Gauntlet, etc)
  • Specializations (or even just new utilities and traits)
  • Cosmetic Weapons
  • Guild Hall Features and upgrades
  • Adventures
  • Story Instances
  • PvP Maps
  • WvW overhaul

Which of these are still on the table between now and the next expansion (and just as importantly, which are not) – and did I miss anything?

Part of the marketing messaging behind HOT was that you were putting base systems in place that would make it easier for you to add new content. Since HOT, we’ve seen the exact opposite to be true. Legitimate question – is there a reason why those systems didn’t serve to do that?

This is an amazing game, but the last six months have been severely disappointing and devoid of content – with little to no promise for anything new in the next 5-6 months. It’s time fix that.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

If this is not an April Fool’s joke post – I’m going to be incredibly upset.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: alornm.9081

alornm.9081

I tend to be one of the last to want to say anything negative about this game. I read patch-notes carefully, I remember the small details and back up the ArenaNet staff whenever I can about what they’ve said they were going to address that people complain about. I tell people programming new content is difficult and that while there wasn’t as much to this paid expansion as most of us hoped that we did get a lot and that a lot was promised to be on the way and asked people to be patient. But this is actually almost disheartening because now I find out that what we “paid” for may not ever actually be released in a timely manner. Updates are one thing, we’re not entitled to bi-weekly content, nor are we entitled to new outfits every month. However what we are entitled to is what we paid for. We paid for an expansion, with content that was promised to follow in the months to come, but nearly half a year later we still only have 4/16 legendary weapons, 0 extension to the personal story, 2/3 raid wings (even if we do have a tentative date as to the 3rd), the first “legendary” backpack released has yet to be finished, and so on. The team has talked about how “difficult” armor/weapons are to make and yet we see gemstore outfits and armor being released frequently asking us to pay more money on them when we still have yet to receive what we already have paid for. When will our “expansion” actually be released? If not players will start expecting some sort of compensation for what you’ve failed to deliver despite promising the player base (correction after reading this thread, people already do). I will always be a fan of this game and I want to keep buying the shiny things you all work so hard on creating, but after this I may choose the “free to play route” because how do I know if I’ll ever actually get what I pay for if I don’t buy it in micro transactions.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I appreciate your willingness to be the bad guy in this situation. I’d much rather have new living world content than more HoT legendaries that I’ll never be able to afford. Shrugs, I guess I don’t see the big deal that’s making everyone angry.

It’s easy to understand why people are mad now, but hopefully, it will make everyone happier with the game in the future.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: evanlegion.7680

evanlegion.7680

The next gw2 expansion advertisement will be something like :
- We will give you the legendaries we promise in the previous expansion
- More LS! but that will come 1 year later!
- 4 new maps!! this time with 6 hour meta!
- New especializations! that will cost 10000 skill points to unlock it but fear not you can unlock it in pvp paying 1000g!
And if you pre purchase we will give you a title and a mini!

seriously…i hope with this “delay” AT LEAST we get a decent LS3

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I think this is a really, really bad idea. Let meh explain before you kill me pls. I’m not against no more legendaries, as much as I love them. I too would rather have more LW than weapons. However, I really think Anet should finish the second gen legendaries because;
1. Now we have an incomplete set
2. Progress on others such as mace (supposedly farthest along) is now wasted.
3. Whatever you intended, players thought HoT would give us 16 new legendary weapons – no underwater ones as for the time being underwater is basically dead. But all the other kinds of weapons were promised (as I understand) that there would be one. And while I do acknowledge the word postpone instead of cancel, most people will probably see indefinitely and get angry at a “HoT” ripoff. I am also personally extremely disappointed for no dagger . Anyway, those are my initial thoughts and my feeling is that I really want them to finish gen 2, THEN postpone legends forevs. Here’s a thought: Put more devs on it to finish the generation, then postpone in favor of LW??

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

Obviously I go into this knowing that some players will be very upset. That’s why it’s such a tough decision.

Ankdarkwolf, Darkmikau, Ballads, Spira, Caerbannog, Cysgod, you each posted a variant of an accusation I’ve seen many times over the past few months on the forums, something along the lines of, “AN shipped half an expansion with HoT.” I take issue with that. We shipped a new region full of content, a new mastery system, gliding, guild halls, a new profession, nine new elite specializations for existing professions, and more. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.” While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

Mo

The story is left pending, waiting for “next episodes”
Raid wings are being delivered in parts, waiting for “next episodes”
New legendaries delivered in “episodes” (and now stopped)
PvP balance and tourney is being done (?) in “episodes”
WvW update after you yourselves blowed it up is.. in developement…
Dungeons? What are they?
I don’t talk about Fractals because i simply don’t do them so i have no knowledge in that aspect of the game.

Also you have to consider that pre-HoT you left us pending for months and months without even a drop of content. No dear Sir, i do not accept the “we offered what we promised” shiny words. If i did something similar to the customers of my company i would lose both work, money (because i would have to compensate them) and especially reputation.

If i look at you as a company my opinion is: unprofessional, and quite a step towards false advertising.

Ps. im starting to think too that this is just a bad taste setup for an april’s fools. I sincerely hope it is.

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

Can we at least see the concept art or finished designs of the legendaries we aren’t getting?

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Legendary weapons

Posted by: tazer.4982

tazer.4982

You should shift Fractal Leaderboard team to Legendaries team.

/sigh

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Jim.4935

Jim.4935

Message for MO and Arenanet:

It seems like we’re not gonna get any Legendaries other than the Shortbow anytime soon (2016). If you ever start making Legendary Weapons again, please follow this post and make something that YOUR community wants.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Next-3-Legendary-Weapons-Poll/first

Legendary weapons

Posted by: aRestless.6213

aRestless.6213

I’m a software developer and because I kind of understand what’s going on behind the scenes, I’m usually that one guy who’s defending ArenaNet in controversial situations.

But in this case I have no sympathy for your decision whatsoever. This is not something ominous and shrouded like fractal leaderboards or the WvW overhaul, it’s a very clearly advertised feature of the expansion. No room for interpretation. And it should, from my perspective as a developer, be one of the features that have a very clear scope and can be planned (effort-wise) way better than most of the other stuff that’s developed for GW2.

And, on top of all that, I think it’s in itself a very, very bad decision, because legendary weapons are the very definition of endgame in Guild Wars 2. It is definitely what keeps me playing right now. Take that away and you’re taking away a big long-term goal and motivation from a serious number of players. That’s a killer for player retention, which should be your number one goal with GW2’s business model.

Never lose track of your friends again, with Who’s Talking for Overwolf

Legendary weapons

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

There are players that DON’T CARE about Legendaries and CARE about content.
I am more angry because I bought expansion with hope that I’ll meet Malyck. I’ve always been interested in this story. I was also so happy for Caithe – I remember when she stole the egg and I told Marjory – “It’s okay, I believe in her, She’s gonna make it”. I also was worried about Trehearne.
And you GAVE US WHAT? – I’ve NEVER-EVER thought that my character will be yelling at Caithe “traitor”?! Trehearne killed?! Malyck not found?! You listen to players too much. Actually not players but crying kids on this forum. “I paid for this, I paid for that”. They forgot that YOU’RE artists, YOU are creating this game, YOU make things YOUR WAY.

In HoT content you didn’t give us free will like it used to be in LS2, you made this what players were moaning about – People here were talking and crying about Caithe that she’s TRAITOR? So you made it, bravo! Example of what’s my character saying:
LS2 – Caithe is good. I believe in her. Don’t worry! She’s my babe.
HoT – Gimme the egg you kitten, you traitor, you b****!

Just great. My character saying things and thinking like people on this forum. Just kitten great.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Developing content for a minority is always going to be bad for the majority and the game so this is great news for the majority.When you going to do the same with this raid nonsense?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Titan.8215

Titan.8215

Hello, Mike I have a problem with this game, I love it too much, but I already have all done, (a lot of achievements, all raid done, all pve done, pvp legendary done) so I’m really bored latelly… so do legendaries is an entertaiment (I have at the moment 10 legendary weapon, all vanilla), and now you stop this… Is a kitten, but I prefer that you communicate this to us that waiting for always for the new legendaries. Sincerely, I dont know what to do at the moment, you nerfed the dungeons (gold) what I used to do a lot with my friends, the 5 man content is at the moment just fractal what is swampx3 in almost cases, because not make sense do lvl 100 or another type because the rewards are insignificant…

At the moment Im playing alone a game what I played a lot with my friends, please, make back the dungeons rewards and at least we have something to do with 5-man (although be the same content that 3 years ago)

I trust on you

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

Honestly. You have 70 people working on your next expansion, without this expansion to be fully delivered. How about you first finish this product and start focusing on your next expansion AFTER you give us what you promised. Heck, you should take all 70 of them and rush to finish this expansion fully and then start working on the next one….

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Mike how do you expect people to buy expansion 2 if expansion 1 was such a disappointment for many players? you are misusing our trust. you sold us an expansion that was way too expensive for its content and now you’re not even delivering what you promised?

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

Nero and Onevstheworld, you asked if this means that LW can come sooner than July.

Full story episodes have a long lead-time. But I don’t think LW content has to be all about the episodes. So… maybe.

But I’m not here today to make predictions or promises. I’d rather we start by shipping, then talk about what we shipped.

Mo

But you already made promises when you put out HoT. It is not out of the realm of reason for the community to expect you to actually hold true to that. People paid for this stuff.

I think it’s exceptionally unethical to pitch a product and then not even remotely come close to what you promised with it. You charged a premium price for the content, with a lot of hype coming off things you haven’t/won’t include. What? If this was any other industry, you’d most definitely be held accountable in some capacity.

This is really the first time I’ve reconsidered my support of the company and game. I justified a lot of things by saying ’they’re just working on it and we’ll get it eventually’, but you’ve made it pretty clear with this that such isn’t the case at all. There is now a pretty decent list of things you promised with HoT purchase that simply have not happened, and I would think this would be a major concern instead of something passively posted on the forums.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Slightly disappointed, but I am far more encourage about the proactive communication. Priorities sometimes have to change based on new situations and new information. I’m glad that Anet has communicated clearly that focus has shifted to other things. Despite that this thread will mostly be filled with complaints, I still think this is the right way to do it. Thank you.

Mo, is there anything you can tell us about new things that are coming soon? Maybe not today and in this thread, but something you can announce or let out because its almost ready?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Add this onto the list of incomplete content you said you’d be working on. I find it incredibly insulting to be told that work on a future expansion is more important than completion of a product people paid for. You keep on losing your customers with the stupidest decisions. It’s absolutely not solely on the lack of content but your kittenty management. Instead you should be pulling developpers from the 70 working on a future project and COMPLETE THE kitten CURRENT PROJECT! How hard is it to see that this is not a simple controversial decision but a plain bad one…

This is not in any way worthy of praise for being “open” communication or whatever else you’d want to qualify it. This is NECESSARY communication, they do not deserve praise for giving us what we deserve in terms of communication. Do not be blindsided. We deserve far more than even this. Tell us why. Tell us what this team will be working on instead ( “LW” is too vague, don’t take us for idiots any longer).

And more importantly: Tell us why we should trust you after how you are treating your paying customers in regards to Heart of Torns.

Even if some of you do not care about the content that is being hacked at here (the legendary weapons) you should open your eyes to what this means.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is one of the most disappointing things I have ever read regarding GW2.

The legendary weapons and precursor collections are some of the most impressive and greatest experiences I have had in-game, and I was looking forward to the rest of the Heart of Thorns legendaries more than anything else in Heart of Thorns. We were promised that we will get new legendary weapons for every single land weapon types, and that was a major part of why I wanted to get and participate in Heart of Thorns. With that loss, I lose a major part of what I was excited about with this expansion, and my love for this great game dwindles a great deal.

This is a bad business decision.

When my company has problems meeting deadlines and getting things done, we hire more people. We don’t cut out the exciting projects that people were excited about. Do you know how many people have been sad about the dungeons team getting absorbed by the LW team oh so long ago? A great deal. I read thousands of posts a month on multiple community outlets from unique players who tell me that they loved dungeons and miss them. You are making that exact same mistake here, except now it affects literally every player in the game.

The work of the legendary/precursor team is something to be commemorated.

You guys worked really hard, and as sorry I am for myself and my fellow players that we will not get what we were promised for these legendaries, I am sad for you. You poured your hearts and souls into this content, and despite the minor flaws along the way, you have made something great. You deserve all the recognition for this achievement, and I wish nothing more than that you could finish the job, get a few more people on your team, and move it along quick enough that the current game director would support it moving forward.

I want LW season 3 very much, but not enough that these 6 developers have to stop working the new legendary weapons to get it. I want what I bought Heart of Thorns for. Thank you.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

also keep in mind the forums are mostly players who are more dedicated, meaning these are the ppl who do legendaries and people who buy LW and leave or at least more casual ppl are far greater in numbers (most likely) and there are many here (most likely).

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Legendary weapons

Posted by: OfTheFunk.9625

OfTheFunk.9625

I just want a reason to play the game. A goal, a meaningful goal. I did the elite specs I wanted, I’ve saved up mats on the off chance we’d get new legionaries. I’ve played all the story and more…where’s the content? Why does it feel like we’re in that abyss again that was Pre-HoT content drought?

I just want to play the game and have fun man.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Asazi.7561

Asazi.7561

I’m never giving Anet another cent for any game.

We PAID FOR new legendaries. They were advertised as part of HoT. They were one of the few selling points that I actually cared about. I started to think we’d never get everything we PAID FOR months ago but now that its confirmed I’m just… disgusted.

I’ve spent a few hundred dollars and 4k hours on GW2 over the years. I’ve thought about leaving multiple times but always stayed because of how much I put in. This is the last straw and I’m pretty sure I’m done. Whether or not its technically legal, this is nothing but refusing to give us what was advertised and paid for. That is not okay.

Its probably time to stop working on the next expansion and fix what’s left of this crumbling game. No one will spend another $50 for a box of empty promises.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

By suspending legendary weapons “indefinitely,” does that mean they will never come? Or just not come for a very long time (like close to or over a year?)

NSPride <3

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Virtutis.8614

Virtutis.8614

Mike, do you understand how expansions work? You offer content to the community who purchases it, you complete what is offered, and then you continue on to the next expansion. In this situation, it was advertised that legendary weapons would be a key feature in HoT and is one of the main selling points for many players; so then why are you taking people away from something necessary and promised for the CURRENT expansion and not taking people away from the next expansion? Hao 2 project management?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I thought Donald Trump is the president

/s

What the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t grieve over.

Do what you must if that means any new content, better game balance or that fabled WvW rework coming out this year. Two new skins won’t bring old players back, but siginificant gameplay changes can.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Well, I think we’ll all remember this conversation the NEXT time ArenaNet tries to pre-sell an expansion.

New rule: no ANet market-speak bullet point to ever be taken seriously until it’s actually delivered, because the ‘priorities’ excuse is “always on the table”.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Strix Nebulosa.3579

Strix Nebulosa.3579

Thanks so much for letting us know the plan! I happen to love LW and I am very much game for you guys to focus on that. I know you and everyone else at Anet work hard to give us a variety of things and so I trust your decision. Sometimes you have to weigh your options. I would rather you guys put high quality content out because you focused on one thing at a time.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dreamwolf.7423

Dreamwolf.7423

I will be honest, right now the legendary journey is the only thing keeping me playing right now. The lack of content and the fact the the entire HoT story was dumped on us all at once was disappointing. Also, the focus on professional PvP has turned me off the little PvP I did do.

Now if there is a chance that the living story will contain some logical origins to the new specializations or, at least, some of Rytlock’s story in the mists, I might view this decision as acceptable, even commendable. However, if it’s some random story out of left field with no connection to the existing content, it will be yet another disapointment.

Lastly, having the short bow as the next legendary is laughable when only 2 classes can use it, and we were promised 3 at a time. I hope that this gets back on track very quickly regardless.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

First, I don’t care about legendaries. I got the best legendary in the game already—The Flameseeker Prophecies—and that is all I need.

Still, it’s disappointing, because money were involved. I’m a rather poor person, so sometimes it stings when the content and features are delayed or put off when you spent money that could have been needed for something else. But games helps to escape that reality at times.

But I appreciate you being more open about these things than remaining in silence for too long.

You can only keep trying and do the best out of the situation.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

That’s very disappointing, as the new legendary weapons were one of the aspects of HoT I was most looking forward to (as the existing versions of some weapons are very aesthetically unappealing to me).

I’d rather have a new legendary journey – something to put my time toward – than an instanced-based story that I could take or leave, and lasts less than a few hours on playthrough. Unless you’re planning on bringing back LS1-style, open world events, I’m quite certain I’d only bother with LS3 for the sake of unlocking achievements so my character can progress in masteries (if masteries are ever expanded on..).

I didn’t even bother with LS2 until mastery points became an issue, because I despise instanced solo content in MMOs. I have, on the other hand, completed two legendary weapons and stopped on the third tier for astralaria before I was drawn away to another game (BDO).

Thank you for communicating your change in direction though, beats being left hanging.

Tl;dr – I got more engagement, “purpose” in game, and time investment with legendary weapons. LS2 was empty, lifeless, and boring solo/instanced content.

(edited by islarose.7356)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

But I thought we paid for HoT for all 16 weapons, which would come out every 3 months.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: XxColdDeadxX.4839

XxColdDeadxX.4839

This sincerely disappoints me. While I understand needing man power for the new LS and Xpac, I bought HoT because you told us it would be required for the new legendaries, which I took great joy in making. Anet PROMISED a new SET of legendaries. Now, they won’t be delievered, and we’re left with skins every other week for the Gem Store.

Thank you for reinforcing that you’re bottom line is money, and our experience is nothing to you. I have defended Anet to multiple of my guild who left because of the xpac, saying that the legendaries and mastery system make up for it. Now you’re telling us that those who grinded for that system for a legendary, aren’t going to get them? Great job.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

Okay like what? Really? Are you freaking kidding me?

It’s been over half a year already since HoT shipped and many features are yet to be implemented, balanced or bugfixed. Reconsider striking the new legendaries. Get to work on all those promised features people paid a lot of money for. This is basically rip-off.

Consider this… HoT currently has: 3 new maps (which are still buggy looking at DS) which are grindy as hell, Elite Specs which are heavy powercreep (pay to win in PvP…), a Story which is short but at least good (if you ignore the myriad of bugs f.e. in the Mordi battle), Guild halls, 2 Raids with 5 1/2 bosses, a new PvP map (which is quite unbalanced) and now only 4 legy weaps (3/4 being rarely used thanks to being underpowered or buggy)… That’s it? If you’d announce that as the first Xpac with that price people wouldn’t bother! You’d need to cut off at least 10-20 bucks to make it reasonable.

Meanwhile you announced you work on the next Xpac – For crying out loud those Decs are needed to fix the first Xpac first! Stop trying to get yearly Xpacs, it will not work. You’ll leave broken content and promises with that approach.

Sorry Anet but as much as I was always on your side I am questioning if this game will run longer than 2 more years. As much as you burn your playerbase it’s to be expected that a lot of players are angry and disappointed.

Please. Fix and finish HoT. Fix WvW. Fix Underwater combat instead of phasing it out, Bubbles is still out there. Fix Fractals. Everything else should go on hold, especially new Xpacs. Hire people if you can’t get it done. Stop burning the playerbase!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: EpicTurtle.8571

EpicTurtle.8571

Well in the gloom and darkness and disappointment of this announcement. You should offer a way to trade Mystic Tributes for Gifts of Fortune since some people may have made them in advance to prepare for the new legendaries that are no longer viable to wait for.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

THIS GAME IS NOT ABOUT LEGENDARIES kitten .
Wake up. Content is more important than shooting mobs with flowers, kittenes or other weird things. You have lots of legendaries, other ones can wait. Living Story vol 3 Please! :*
Malyck! :* Rata Novus :*

Legendary weapons

Minx.7521

Well, I think we’ll all remember this conversation the NEXT time ArenaNet tries to pre-sell an expansion.

New rule: no ANet market-speak bullet point to ever be taken seriously until it’s actually delivered, because the ‘priorities’ excuse is “always on the table”.

Yeap. Keep this in mind, kids, for when the next expansion comes out. If they make promises to finish this new legendary set, just remember what they did this time.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Garrith.7468

Garrith.7468

Thank you for the update, Mike.

While I am sad that the next set of Legendaries will be delayed, I am very happy you are shifting some of the focus to content.
I love the new Legendary designs, especially Astrallaria, but I play for content, not skins. Our guild has been having a lot of difficulty recently as people are bored with old Tyria, raids are for small groups only, and the new maps require an entire map, except for Verdant Brink.

Legendary weapons

Minx.7521

Wake up. Content is more important than shooting mobs with flowers, kittenes or other weird things. You have lots of legendaries, other ones can wait. Living Story vol 3 Please! :*

It’s more about what we were promised. We were promised new legendaries and basically now it’s not going to happen. This is a TRUST issue and a LYING issue and a BUSINESS ETHICS issue.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Caerbannog.7138

Caerbannog.7138

While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

I appreciate you take the time to not only read my garbage posts but also mention me by name, but you cannot escape that this has happened, and with work on new legendary being stopped the percentage drops even further. Obviously not the thread to resolve this, but if you could explain briefly why we should not care that:
*Dungeons were destroyed with the promise to work on fotm, and then fotm was abandoned (and ruined)
*Raids were promised, but as of now only two wings exist, and none shipped with HoT
*Guild Halls are abandoned, after putting existing guild features like +5 camps and other previous “free” upgrades behind huge gold barriers for seemingly no reason other than to prevent WvW players from realising there’s no content for them
*Only four new zones shipped with HoT, zones that require you to spend hours at a time for rewards, and with no solo play
*The inclusion of four new zones that are largely vertical, without any sort of improvement to the mini- or the normal map
*WvW was massively ruined with Desert BL, clearly showing how out of touch you are with this game mode, and then the promised rehaul of WvW was gutted
*Legendary armour was promised, but currently does not exist.
*Legendary weapons (16) were promised, but only 3 shipped with HoT, and 4 is all we’ll get for a long time

Look upon what you’ve done and tell me I’m not right to complain I was robbed with HoT.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

I miss season one style 2week update cycle, but not temp contant

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

People are croggy that what they paid for wasn’t delivered in full. They feel betrayed by that. Personally, I don’t mind that much. I trust A-net to do what they can do with what they have. But I also understand those who are upset.

NSPride <3

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ewon.5903

Ewon.5903

Maybe not the place to ask this, but is the legendary backpack for fractals still on the table?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

I really hope they cut a big part of the “journey” and get the skins in faster once they resume the work.

Because seriously, most of the Journey is there to cost you a kitten-ton of gold and the rest is just nice to have, but consumes way too much time to develop.

I wouldn’t even mind if they made it so you trade mats to an NPC, throw the stuff you get in the mystic forge and get the precursor.

Besides Raids, new legendaries were a main selling point of the game.

The story was “meh” at best, the fractal-backpiece won’t be released this year I guess, so only raids keep me playing. I really hope the LS3 is worth this trade-off.

I love GW2, I really do, but I’m more than disappointed by the stuff that gets promised and never released, or only kitten.

The journeys for the old Legendaries were promised a long, long, long, long time ago. Fractal Leaderboard was first mentioned when, almost 2 years ago? And now it’s scrapped. What the kitten are people even working on?

Please, Mo, can we players get some kind of roadmap? I mean, internally, you must have SOME, ANY kind of plan. Many players are disappointed by all the stuff not delivered or underdelivered. Trust is hard to earn, but easy to loose.

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Stop reworking, scrapping stuff, moving launch dates and promise us even more hot air. Just start delivering (promised) content.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

(edited by Gully.7358)

Legendary weapons

Minx.7521

Okay like what? Really? Are you freaking kidding me?

It’s been over half a year already since HoT shipped and many features are yet to be implemented, balanced or bugfixed. Reconsider striking the new legendaries. Get to work on all those promised features people paid a lot of money for. This is basically rip-off.

Yeap. Again, this is a BUSINESS ETHICS issue. A ripping-off of the people, if you will.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I wasn’t going to make any and if this means I’ll get stuff I like somewhat sooner, that’s nice I guess, but…

Not cool.