Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

That’s certainly good advise for features that are hyped up or vaguely described. But the fact that we were getting a complete set of legendary weapons wasn’t vague info or hype. The only part left unclear was the time frame for that delivery.

I suppose that’s where we’re going to disagree, I’m sorry. I don’t remember seeing any art for the complete set, there’s no description of visual effects, no complete list of names, no lore, nothing but marketing and eventually 3(4) weapons. The weapons that are released are proof enough they made a “good-faith” attempt at delivery… but otherwise what I saw was vague info and marketing.

~EW

This is a fairly non-vague statement.

Additional legendary weapons will be released in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of 16 has been added to this game.

I shouldn’t need a detailed list or picture of every screw, nut, bolt, and washer included in the box of a new desk to be confident that those items are indeed included. But Anet’s marketed legendary weapons were more specific than a vague mention of “parts included”. Not just “legendary weapons”, or “a set of legendary weapons”, but they explicitly said a “set of 16”.

And as has been mentioned a few times before, and remains true as of right now, that information is still on the HoT website.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

This is a fairly non-vague statement.

Additional legendary weapons will be released in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of 16 has been added to this game.

I shouldn’t need a detailed list or picture of every screw, nut, bolt, and washer included in the box of a new desk to be confident that those items are indeed included. But Anet’s marketed legendary weapons were more specific than a vague mention of “parts included”. Not just “legendary weapons”, or “a set of legendary weapons”, but they explicitly said a “set of 16”.

And as has been mentioned a few times before, and remains true as of right now, that information is still on the HoT website.

Nope, to me that still counts as marketing and vague info. They’re telling you their intent… but nothing concrete… “set of 16” isn’t enough for me; those are just words for their intended finished product. Show me some concept art, and some lore, and some video of characters wielding them and showing off effects, and then there starts to be something substantive to base a purchasing decision on. I’ll believe the product exists when the code is done.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Legendary weapons

mrstealth.6701

Nope, to me that still counts as marketing and vague info. They’re telling you their intent… but nothing concrete… “set of 16” isn’t enough for me… those are just words of their intent. Show me some concept art, and some lore, and some video of effects, and then there starts to be something substantive to base a purchasing decision on. I’ll believe the product exists when the code is done.

~EW

I get the impression that you’re one of the shoppers that tends to tear open a box in the store to be sure that what’s inside matches the picture. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with doing so, though I doubt the store or another person eventually purchasing the item are very appreciative of it.

You are free to have whatever standard you desire on believing the product being sold is what you really getting. But consumer protections and laws regarding accuracy in advertisement are in place to give a consumer reasonable confidence that what is ‘on the box’ is actually ‘in the box’. Of course that, doesn’t stop a company from trying. It does, however, mean that the company is in the wrong and that the responsibility does not lie on the consumer for believing the advertisement.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I don’t get why they went the collection route anyways. I’m currently doing the collections for bolt and nevermore out of curiosity to see why they are such a big issue.

So far, ALL they are are wp checklists of running to an npc to get an item or finishing an event. It’s certainly not the “epic journey” Johansen would have u believe and in fact it’s just a chore.

Honestly the old rng system was better than this boring grind.

Legendary weapons

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I get the impression that you’re one of the shoppers that tends to tear open a box in the store to be sure that what’s inside matches the picture. Not that there is anything inherently wrong with doing so, though I doubt the store or another person eventually purchasing the item are very appreciative of it.

You are free to have whatever standard you desire on believing the product being sold is what you really getting.

Lol, I’m just the type of consumer who doesn’t buy software based on what’s it’s intended to be made in to… And, yes, that also means I never pre-order games or expansions as a personal policy. But, that’s neither here nor there.

But consumer protections and laws regarding accuracy in advertisement are in place to give a consumer reasonable confidence that what is ‘on the box’ is actually ‘in the box’. Of course that, doesn’t stop a company from trying. It does, however, mean that the company is in the wrong and that the responsibility does not lie on the consumer for believing the advertisement.

I’m not a lawyer of any kind. But, I am pretty confident that before making such an announcement ANet would have had lawyers who were paid to know about the various consumer laws make sure they weren’t in the legal danger zone.

In other words I know enough about law to know that I don’t know enough about law to make any sweeping statements that they’re in the legal right or wrong.

~EW

Legendary weapons

mrstealth.6701

I don’t get why they went the collection route anyways. I’m currently doing the collections for bolt and nevermore out of curiosity to see why they are such a big issue.

So far, ALL they are are wp checklists of running to an npc to get an item or finishing an event. It’s certainly not the “epic journey” Johansen would have u believe and in fact it’s just a chore.

I see it as a mixed bag, with pros and cons in either system.

It’s really great to win at the RNG and get the precursor you need, or one that can fund buying what you need. On the other side of that coin, it’s rather “unepic” to just grind out a pile of gold to buy it from someone else that got lucky with RNG.

With collections, there is progress outside of farming gold or waiting to get lucky. And one advantage is that you’re still getting money/loot in addition to that progress. The downside is that you’re pigeon-holed into doing a very specific list of things to progress, instead of just doing whatever you want to earn gold/gambling fodder.

Another thing, and what I think is one of the biggest actual problems with collections, is that the system still relies very heavily on an economical resource sink. Much of the process is gathering or buying an insane amount of materials, many of which are ascended materials with timegated crafting that encourage buying. This just brings back the same “unepic” feeling of grinding gold to buy a precursor. I know some players that see this aspect of the not-so-legendary journey and ask “why can’t I just buy this thing?”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

They’re telling you their intent… but nothing concrete… “set of 16” isn’t enough for me; those are just words for their intended finished product.

Where did they say, “it is our intent”, I would really like to see your source.

Legendary weapons

EphemeralWallaby.7643

They’re telling you their intent… but nothing concrete… “set of 16” isn’t enough for me; those are just words for their intended finished product.

Until the product is finished, it’s all just intent. Doesn’t matter how specific or vague they are with their words. My source is reality, welcome to it. Without a finished product, there only exists intent to create that product.

~EW

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Right … making a mistake, recognizing a bad business decision and stopping low-value development now equates to immaturity.

The bad business decision was taking people’s money and then deciding not to give them what they paid for. Whether or not it’s immature is irrelevant; it most certainly is unethical.

Do you not agree? Will you give them money in the future, knowing that you might not get what you paid for?

I don’t see how it’s unethical at all and I don’t agree. Anet intended to deliver that content and even attempted to do so in good faith. It’s just not working out for them.

Will you give them money in the future, knowing, as you do, that if whatever you’ve paid for ‘just isn’t working out for them’ to deliver, not only will you not get whatever it is, but they will also keep your money?

I will because I understand what my money pays for, how much entertainment value I get from it and think the game is worth supporting. I don’t ‘act out’ and demand a full refund if a single feature is only partially delivered because I’m just not that selfish.

Even if I was due a refund, it would only be reasonable for it to be the part of the expansion that pertained to the partially delivered feature, not the whole thing, since I have been satisfied with other aspects AND got entertainment value from it. I just don’t have the audacity to eat a whole buffet and ask for a refund because they didn’t deliver chocolate ice cream that day.

So people are ok to get a partial refund now so how much is that 10-15-20-25-30-35 bucks?
considering the legendarys provided longer lasting content then the other features it should be around 50% refund imo, I still have only got 2 precursors since I refuse to buy of the tp I want to find and craft my legendarys myself. ( and thats 2 of the old ones in 3 years. )

Legendary weapons

StormageddonBK.9842

Until the product is finished, it’s all just intent. Doesn’t matter how specific or vague they are with their words.

~EW

No that’s not correct if it’s being sold. As soon as you start taking money for said product you no longer can change your scope willie-nillie.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I see it as a mixed bag, with pros and cons in either system.

It’s really great to win at the RNG and get the precursor you need, or one that can fund buying what you need. On the other side of that coin, it’s rather “unepic” to just grind out a pile of gold to buy it from someone else that got lucky with RNG.

With collections, there is progress outside of farming gold or waiting to get lucky. And one advantage is that you’re still getting money/loot in addition to that progress. The downside is that you’re pigeon-holed into doing a very specific list of things to progress, instead of just doing whatever you want to earn gold/gambling fodder.

Another thing, and what I think is one of the biggest actual problems with collections, is that the system still relies very heavily on an economical resource sink. Much of the process is gathering or buying an insane amount of materials, many of which are ascended materials with timegated crafting that encourage buying. This just brings back the same “unepic” feeling of grinding gold to buy a precursor. I know some players that see this aspect of the not-so-legendary journey and ask “why can’t I just buy this thing?”

Also, thematically, it doens;t feel like what you are doing relates to the weapon in hand at all. At least when you crafted your lightsabre in say SWTOR, it felt like an event. In GW2 , it’s literally just checking out who the venders are on wiki and runnign to them…..

Legendary weapons

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Until the product is finished, it’s all just intent. Doesn’t matter how specific or vague they are with their words.

~EW

No that’s not correct if it’s being sold. As soon as you start taking money for said product you no longer can change your scope willie-nillie.

They didn’t change their scope willie-nillie. In fact 3(4) completed legendaries is probably enough evidence to show that they made an effort to fulfill what they marketed for that feature… which probably goes a long way to keep them in the legal safe-zone, along with other things such as their (controversial) refund policy.

~EW

Legendary weapons

mrstealth.6701

Lol, I’m just the type of consumer who doesn’t buy software based on what’s it’s intended to be made in to… And, yes, that also means I never pre-order games or expansions as a personal policy. But, that’s neither here nor there.

I’m with you on that. I don’t pre-order games, because there is really no need to in the digital age where stock issues and shipping delays are of no concern. But that is more about waiting to see the overall quality of the product for me, not because I doubt it will really have 20 different vehicles, 50 guns, or a dozen playable classes.

I’m not a lawyer of any kind. But, I am pretty confident that before making such an announcement ANet would have had lawyers who were paid to know about the various consumer laws make sure they weren’t in the legal danger zone.

In other words I know enough about law to know that I don’t know enough about law to make any sweeping statements that they’re in the legal right or wrong.

~EW

They also have an EULA to sit behind, which is likely the biggest thing keeping them out of the danger zone. Despite there being questions about how enforceable those are, that is still a legal hurdle most people lack the resources or drive to get beyond. It still doesn’t make them right, the move any less unethical, or place any more responsibility on the consumer. It just makes it more difficult for the consumer to actually do something about it.

I’d say that is pretty effective against individual grievances and disgruntled customers. But something on a larger scale, that effects a lot more customers, has more risk that someone will stand up and try to fight it.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Right … making a mistake, recognizing a bad business decision and stopping low-value development now equates to immaturity. I suspect posts only get better from here.

Choosing to not fulfill your responsibilities, honor your obligations, or keep your word?

Yeah, that could certainly be considered immature behavior.

Making a, “mistake,” and leaving others holding the bag for it is not what I would consider the mature thing to do.

They said they would – actually sold the product saying they would have all these legionaries. The lesson is to not believe them or at least take a bucket of salt with anything that they say. Generally people who say they’re going to do something and don’t are called liars.

SBI

Legendary weapons

StormageddonBK.9842

*snip

An interesting read on Valve getting prosecuted in Australia for “misleading representations” last week.

Australian courts, for the first time, has just enforced the Australian Consumer Law against the US based Valve (you don’t need to be Australian, just sell to Australia).

The law specifically states in the first point:

“Products must also:

- match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
- match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
- come with full title and ownership
not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
- come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
- meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees and money back offers
- have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise."

However, based on the GW2 license we don’t actually own the game, “License Grant – Any Service, Content or Game supplied by ArenaNet is licensed, not sold, by ArenaNet.” Plus Anet states they can “remove elements with reasonable discretion”

But…

Steam is the same stating, “All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software and any and all copies thereof, are owned by Valve US and/or its or its affiliates’ licensors.”

Based on this I think Anet would be similarly liable as Valve for false advertising, who knows, any lawyers here who know how to interpret this stuff?

http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Even if I was due a refund, it would only be reasonable for it to be the part of the expansion that pertained to the partially delivered feature, not the whole thing, since I have been satisfied with other aspects AND got entertainment value from it. I just don’t have the audacity to eat a whole buffet and ask for a refund because they didn’t deliver chocolate ice cream that day.

I can agree with this. Unless someone’s primary interest in, reason for purchasing HoT, was the new legendaries I think that compensation for Anet’s failure to deliver on a advertised and paid for feature need not necessarily be a full refund.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

Well good thing there are other parts of the game that were removed and canceled as well.

And Obtena, if ANET would really be canceling the content that it’s not approached by many players, then why are they still working on the legendary armors?
Not only will the players have to go trough the similar process as they are going trough with the legendary weapons (presumably the reason why people aren’t approaching them), but they would also have to raid multiple times (considering they would have to get the insights), which is already on it’s own a small neiche.
At the same time, they have to design over 50 armor parts (for different races and genders) while in the case of the legendary weapons, they would only have to make 13.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

I really don’t understand what’s ANet’s problem with content production, especially with the full-time staff of devs they have. Just take a look at the Skyrim Nexus. There are thousands of high quality mods (46k last I checked) made by ordinary folks during their free time. There are abodes, armors, followers, weapons, monsters, new zones, you name it! And that’s just Skyrim. Many games have mods that rival and even surpass original content in quality. Now how can a full-time pro team such as the one at ANet struggle so much after all this time?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

I can agree with this. Unless someone’s primary interest in, reason for purchasing HoT, was the new legendaries I think that compensation for Anet’s failure to deliver on a advertised and paid for feature need not necessarily be a full refund.

I think most people would find this very reasonable. I’ve stated before that something should be done towards making this right. Simply saying something along the lines of “Sorry, that wasn’t working out the way we’d hoped. We’re gonna have to indefinitely suspend that plan after taking your money. We’ll come at ya later. Wait for it. Love, Mo.” (note: this is not a quote, except for the ‘indefinitely suspend’ part) and leaving us an open thread to ‘vent’ in isn’t getting it for most people. A gesture of goodwill and intent is often enough for a customer to continue being a customer. A gesture of “ No, because I said so.”.. eh, most folks pass on that kind of thing.. but good luck with that come the next expansion if that is the road that is taken!

For those stating they don’t expect content that is advertised till it is on the table, so to speak, please repeat that when LS is delayed further than it already is.. or this “content drought” continues well into the summer months.. or SAB is a dream long since past (I see threads already popping up about how it will be gone soon or why no world 3..).. and you’re looking for one, or many of the features sold with this expansion or with the original GW2 to be expanded on as they claimed it would be. Sit down and just be happy you can log in daily, right…?

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Legendary weapons

StormageddonBK.9842

I really don’t understand what’s ANet’s problem with content production, especially with the full-time staff of devs they have. Just take a look at the Skyrim Nexus. There are thousands of high quality mods (46k last I checked) made by ordinary folks during their free time. There are abodes, armors, followers, weapons, monsters, new zones, you name it! And that’s just Skyrim. Many games have mods that rival and even surpass original content in quality. Now how can a full-time pro team such as the one at ANet struggle so much after all this time?

I understand your sentiment with this and I do agree but unlike a modder a dev in a company is often the lowest position possible. Every company is different but mine is like this.

Dev<Lead Dev<Business Analyst<Software Architect<Lead Design<Key Stakeholders

Believe me the Dev in my company has no power whatsoever, if the key stakeholders doesn’t sign off on anything it doesn’t get built or implemented and they only sign off on things that are also signed off by the software architect and lead designer (red tape can suck balls in big organisations).

Legendary weapons

mrstealth.6701

A lot of the problem is that Anet is rarely adding anything that fits into the existing framework as a mod does. They are constantly adding new systems or completely overhauling old ones, instead of just adding content into the existing game systems. This gets further complicated by their repeatedly abandoning these new and overhauled systems before they are even fully implemented.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

I know I know, hot sensitive topic…

Since indefinitely suspension means we never get it, because given reason: devs need more people to develop other stuff… What I ask for is 1 guy from probably computer art design team.

He makes a contest, that is a blogpost anouncement that they take submits of legendary weapons, gives his email, we send our work to him…
Reasons: we know Tyria probably better than most devs do,
we can create an interesting journey because we know where mobs spawn what event are in Tyria.
We are already familiar with legendary journey and how much raw gold and materials it should require based on 3 HOT legies.
Gw2 community has made insane impressive art and fan based stuff during the years which devs keep showing at podcasts and streams.
We can do full requirements with collections and estimated gold costs time req etc… maybe even make icons…

Similar like how bloggers and youtubers do best elite spec contests, we can do same for legendaries just for Anet. After lets say the art design guy has 100 submits of different legies he presents the one he likes to the board. Then the best lets say 3 legendaries get made.
Resourses needed for that are very limited: only to take lets say BOLT collection change it around take our art replace the art of Bolt and BAM new legie(maybe not that simple but still…).

And what the community winners of that contest get? Well ofc the legendary they designed. Win Win Win… Sorry for English, I am not native.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Since indefinitely suspension means we never get it, because given reason: devs need more people to develop other stuff… What I ask for is 1 guy from probably computer art design team.

He makes a contest, that is a blogpost anouncement that they take submits of legendary weapons, gives his email, we send our work to him…
we can create an interesting journey because we know where mobs spawn what event are in Tyria.
We are already familiar with legendary journey and how much raw gold and materials it should require based on 3 HOT legies.
Gw2 community has made insane impressive art and fan based stuff during the years which devs keep showing at podcasts and streams.
We can do full requirements with collections and estimated gold costs time req etc… maybe even make icons…

Similar like how bloggers and youtubers do best elite spec contests, we can do same for legendaries just for Anet. After lets say the art design guy has 100 submits of different legies he presents the one he likes to the board. Then the best lets say 3 legendaries get made.
Resourses needed for that are very limited: only to take lets say BOLT collection change it around take our art replace the art of Bolt and BAM new legie(maybe not that simple but still…).

And what the community winners of that contest get? Well ofc the legendary they designed. Win Win Win… Sorry for English, I am not native.

What the winner get is not the legendary itself but mention in the lore of said weapon and flavor text of weapon, that is priceless.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Haha, wow. I understand needing to re-invest yourselves into certain areas…but it sounds like a lot of people bought HoT for new legendaries (at least one of the reasons).

And to think the last two days I had thoughts of GW2 and what it may be like if I re-installed, what I would do in game…

I dunno. Sounds like LS is coming back? Its the one thing that has kept me from coming back to the game.

Maybe I’ll continue to sit this one out.

While many of you will disagree, I think GW2 best days are behind them. In particular, the first three months. Those were amazing days in MMO gaming for me.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Until the product is finished, it’s all just intent. Doesn’t matter how specific or vague they are with their words. My source is reality, welcome to it. Without a finished product, there only exists intent to create that product.

~EW

When they are selling it however, they’re no longer selling intentions. they are selling an actual content. It doesn’t matter whether they have done it already or not – the moment they sell it stops being their decision whether to deliver it or not.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Legendary weapons

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

> 0 people working on an unfinished feature from the last expansion
> 70 people working on the next expansion

Seems reasonable to me. Sure, you charged an industry-high for an unfinished expansion on the understanding that all the unfinished features would be added post-launch. And sure, you’re now telling us you won’t be delivering the features we already paid for. But it’s not like the lack of trust from your customers that you’re operating in good faith will hurt the sales of your next expansion. Or at least that’s the gamble you’re willing to take.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Broken Memory.1436

Broken Memory.1436

Reading the forums i just as bad as trying to PUG Raids…. Guys honestly stop crying like a bunch of huge babies. I also bought the expansion and have an issue or 2 but MO has told us what they plan on doing and I’m sure that with time the new legionaries will come again once they have sorted other bugs and content out. What you can do in the meantime instead of crying like a little girl is farm and get the mats for the legionaries and play other content. Unless you have every single achievement, weapon, Armour and so forth you have no right to complain about new content. Until you have all that you have no right as a low life to say anything. The Dev are working as hard as they can and you should all know what they do and are doing isn’t easy nor does it just happen over night.

Legendary weapons

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Should they be willing to give partial refunds, the big dilemma is how does ANet distinguish between those who bought HoT primarilly for the legendaries and those who’d just want a partial refund ‘cause it’s being handed out? If legendaries were even a partial consideration for some (which is more likely) how do you draw that line in how much consideration makes one eligible for a partial refund? If they just give a partial refund to everyone across the board, how much is appropriate? There’s too much ambiguity for such a solution to make it viable.

Their better bet is to keep adding on things to HoT (that they might not have in the first place) to somehow make some type of amends to those who are disgruntled. Things that are more sustainable than the legendary weapons development.

No matter what they attempt to make amends, it won’t be enough for some people. Especially that no matter what it is they’ll try, it’s going to taketime to enact. Patience is very difficult for anyone who’s genuinely upset about anything.

So, what it comes down to is if a person can’t accept the reasoning for the cease of legendary development, and they don’t accept any eventual attempts by ANet to make up for it, they’re going to have to make a judgement as to if it’s important enough of an issue to stop playing and just move on to other things…. or cease investing into ANet for a period of time they deem appropriate… or pursue legal action… or whatever means they can devise that allows them to exercise their agency.

~EW

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

I also bought the expansion and have an issue or 2 but MO has told us what they plan on doing and I’m sure that with time the new legionaries will come again once they have sorted other bugs and content out.

What makes you so sure about that?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

Has there been any mention of any kind of compensation for those who bought HOT? Like some gems or anything?

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

Has there been any mention of any kind of compensation for those who bought HOT? Like some gems or anything?

Why would there be any compensation?

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

Why would there be any compensation?

Asked and answered. no point in retreading old ground.

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

I also bought the expansion and have an issue or 2 but MO has told us what they plan on doing and I’m sure that with time the new legionaries will come again once they have sorted other bugs and content out.

Im not sure about it. They said its indefinitely suspended. That is slightly worrying but i would rather be optimistic and happy other new content will come to keep me happy than cry about something I can’t control anyway.

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

Im not sure about it. They said its indefinitely suspended. That is slightly worrying but i would rather be optimistic and happy other new content will come to keep me happy than cry about something I can’t control anyway.

You said you’re sure about it. I quoted you.

Just because you can’t control something, doesn’t mean you have no influence over it. People can influence this.

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

You may not be able to control it, but you can influence it.

That is true. For some odd reason I got some faith in them… Also you say we can Influence it. This is a a place for us to voice our opinions and such. So lets try influence what content they may bring rather than negatively voice what isnt going to happen at this moment.

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

That is true. For some odd reason I got some faith in them… Also you say we can Influence it. This is a a place for us to voice our opinions and such. So lets try influence what content they may bring rather than negatively voice what isnt going to happen at this moment.

I’m more interested in getting this back on track than new content, even if it’s not going to happen in the near future, to be perfectly honest.

If you don’t like the way this thread is going, feel free to start a new one.

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

This guy is taking the right spin on things… Taking a bad situation and trying to go around it with a positive idea. Rather be like this guy than cry all the time.

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

I’m more interested in getting this back on track than new content, even if it’s not going to happen in the near future, to be perfectly honest.

Well its why I reposted Adrifts comment as it is practical in a sense and is what everyone should rather posting. Ideas on how to help to get the new legendaries rather than slander is a good start right?

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

If you read the whole thread, you’d know there was already constructive feedback given.

You should probably have done that before hostilely calling people crybabys.

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

Sadly I’m not gonna read 50 pages of threading to see 2-3 constructive feedback and 49 Pages of whining. I did read the first 10 or so pages and got tired of seeing everyone whine. I then started only looking at what Mo had to say and then moved on to the later opinions people had. Still the majority is whining which in my opinion is really sad for such a big community game.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

Well its why I reposted Adrifts comment as it is practical in a sense and is what everyone should rather posting. Ideas on how to help to get the new legendaries rather than slander is a good start right?

Hmm, so the players should get either a partial refund if they dont’ get it to work, or a monthly paycheck for brainstorming how to fix the issue; Essentually, something ANET is paying someone to do.

I still don’t get it why is this even a matter of debate.
We’re the customers, ANET is the provider.
The only thing we have to do regarding this situation, is pay for the item they are selling. And the only thing ANET has to do is react appropriately.
Same as ANET doesn’t care how we earned that money, we shouldn’t care how they are making the item in question.
Both sides have different internal/personal preoccupations, which the other side shouldn’t bother with.

We’re not family. You should start acting accordingly.

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

Sadly I’m not gonna read 50 pages of threading to see 2-3 constructive feedback and 49 Pages of whining. I did read the first 10 or so pages and got tired of seeing everyone whine. I then started only looking at what Mo had to say and then moved on to the later opinions people had. Still the majority is whining which in my opinion is really sad for such a big community game.

It’s ok to complain about things. People are expected to be sad when they are disappointed, and hurt when they are betrayed. You don’t have to go through life being a doormat.

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

Hmm, so the players should get either a partial refund if they dont’ get it to work, or a monthly paycheck for brainstorming how to fix the issue; Essentually, something ANET is paying someone to do.

The only thing we have to do regarding this situation, is pay for the item they are selling. And the only thing ANET has to do is react appropriately.
Same as ANET doesn’t care how we earned that money, we shouldn’t care how they are making the item in question.
Both sides have different internal/personal preoccupations, which the other side shouldn’t bother with.

Well Said

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

It’s ok to complain about things. People are expected to be sad when they are disappointed, and hurt when they are betrayed. You don’t have to go through life being a doormat.

I do agree we dont need to go through life being a doormat but rather make your feelings into something useful or something constructive atleast.

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

Also I didnt and dont expect Anet to pay people for their suggestions or even if they made a legendary for Anet to put in game. I wouldnt expect Anet to pay them but being mentioned in the lore like someone else posted or it being named after the creator in some what way would prob be appreciation enough. Well atleast it would for me.

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

I do agree we dont need to go through life being a doormat but rather make your feelings into something useful or something constructive atleast.

Just because you disagree with the methodology doesn’t mean peope aren’t being constructive or useful.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It has been proven time and time again that the only way to reach Anet is by withholding money, bad reviews and yelling as loud as possible.

All reasonable and mature responses have yielded 0 results over 4 years, yet yelling and screaming and making a fuss and leaving bad reviews has lead to a positive change in almost a dozen separate instances.

If Anet wants to change the response then they need to change their policy first. Until then we will do what is necessary to enact change.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I reckon if I was Anet and I needed/wanted to divert dev effort away from legendaries I’d make a forum thread about it, prod it along for a few hours then leave it to descend into players arguing amongst themselves, as all such threads do.

Then I’d instruct customer services to take a hard line on refund requests and set the dev team on whatever I was planning for them to do anyway. I might look in on the thread occasionally and chuckle at the naive threats of legal action and wildly-wrong guesses at the composition and activity of the dev teams.

It’s a done deal and we are well short of a big enough rebellion to change it. There are actually only a few dozen folks complaining loudly, and some of them are the ones who complain about everything.

I also believe that legendaries will return in the future, maybe in a slightly different form, but there will be some insanely expensive shiny stuff for us to work towards. In the meantime “Ooh look! Shiny SAB!” and “Ooh look! The shiny spring update!”

Legendary weapons

Broken Memory.1436

I reckon if I was Anet and I needed/wanted to divert dev effort away from legendaries I’d make a forum thread about it, prod it along for a few hours then leave it to descend into players arguing amongst themselves, as all such threads do.

Then I’d instruct customer services to take a hard line on refund requests and set the dev team on whatever I was planning for them to do anyway. I might look in on the thread occasionally and chuckle at the naive threats of legal action and wildly-wrong guesses at the composition and activity of the dev teams.

It’s a done deal and we are well short of a big enough rebellion to change it. There are actually only a few dozen folks complaining loudly, and some of them are the ones who complain about everything.

I also believe that legendaries will return in the future, maybe in a slightly different form, but there will be some insanely expensive shiny stuff for us to work towards. In the meantime “Ooh look! Shiny SAB!” and “Ooh look! The shiny spring update!”

Im hoping Dungeons get overhauled in some manner or just the gold reward reintroduced or some other reward introduced. Fractal changes is gonna be cool hopefully they dont reset everyone back to lvl 30 like they did when they revamped fractals the last time.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Rest in pieces in speghetti-o’s new legendary weapons.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif