Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

Obviously I go into this knowing that some players will be very upset. That’s why it’s such a tough decision.

Ankdarkwolf, Darkmikau, Ballads, Spira, Caerbannog, Cysgod, you each posted a variant of an accusation I’ve seen many times over the past few months on the forums, something along the lines of, “AN shipped half an expansion with HoT.” I take issue with that. We shipped a new region full of content, a new mastery system, gliding, guild halls, a new profession, nine new elite specializations for existing professions, and more. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.” While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

Mo

Mo if you advertise content and don’t deliver then you haven’t shipped a complete expansion even by your own description in advertising . Suspending indefinitely is not acceptable. We purchased what was advertised and that’s what we should get. You owe us all least some time frame and no further expansions should be marketed till you fulfill this obligation.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

58 pages, and the last response was on page 9. I suppose this really is just a thread for people to vent and then forget.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

58 pages, and the last response was on page 9. I suppose this really is just a thread for people to vent and then forget.

It’s simply an FYI from Anet. The vent and forget is what players do when they get information.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Guhracie: you were there for the traits thread. You know this one will be no different. Sadly they will keep trying to ignore this thread until it either buries itself OR they close it due to it no longer being constructive or whatever other excuse they come up with. Maybe they will learn to under promise for their next xpac so any new players that stumble along won’t be so disappointed.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Hey guys, is our attention span so bad that we forgot about this already? We need to continue to demand a proper response that isn’t just Mike O’Brien insulting people on the forums.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Hey guys, is our attention span so bad that we forgot about this already? We need to continue to demand a proper response that isn’t just Mike O’Brien insulting people on the forums.

It’s over, they have said what the wanted to say and anything they say further will be same as what they have already said.

RP enthusiast

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

They have given the response. just because you don’t like the answer dose not mean it’s not a proper response. Time to get over it and face it, ANet are not going to back peddle. Now if this had got some traction with media outlets, maybe we would have got somewhere. But we are not in that place. Let it go. They are not going to respond now, they have not responded on this in weeks.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary weapons

Dinks.2478

They have given the response. just because you don’t like the answer dose not mean it’s not a proper response. Time to get over it and face it, ANet are not going to back peddle. Now if this had got some traction with media outlets, maybe we would have got somewhere. But we are not in that place. Let it go. They are not going to respond now, they have not responded on this in weeks.

Um.. They didn’t give a response. Mike O’Brien replied once and insulted a bunch of people and then retreated to his hole. And why would I let it go? I paid money for something, and the company I paid isn’t providing it. This world is getting more and more complacent with getting ripped off, its getting ridiculous.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Um.. They didn’t give a response. Mike O’Brien replied once and insulted a bunch of people and then retreated to his hole. And why would I let it go? I paid money for something, and the company I paid isn’t providing it. This world is getting more and more complacent with getting ripped off, its getting ridiculous.

It’s not getting complacent. If like another poster mentioned a news outlet, or a couple of them, got involved then maybe something would have happened. Anet are also smart, they break this news to us and a few ekes later release SAB and after that this Spring Patch to gloss over this monumental failure.

RP enthusiast

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Hey guys, is our attention span so bad that we forgot about this already?

Forgot about what?

Ooh! Look! A new patch! And Chaos Gloves! CHAOS GLOVES EVERYONE!!!! Oooooooooh!

Legendary weapons

BrotherBelial.3094

They did in the recent reddit AMA. About 2 weeks ago I think. They said something along the lines of, they might look at it again after the next xpac at the earliest. Don’t take that as fact, I’m just going of what I remember reading in the small hours, so I could be remembering things completely wrong.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I haven’t forgotten, but there reaches a point in time where it becomes obvious that they’re not going to respond or change their mind.

Not that I won’t mention it though on appropriate threads, such as the next expansion if they haven’t started work on Legendaries and they make claims that there will be content later, if only we will trust them to add it in.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The response, proactive, is in the OP. MO states the player reaction to the announcement and then responds to that reaction.

I am not saying that I like the response, but it is there.

Legendary weapons

cosmicegg.8502

They did in the recent reddit AMA. About 2 weeks ago I think. They said something along the lines of, they might look at it again after the next xpac at the earliest. Don’t take that as fact, I’m just going of what I remember reading in the small hours, so I could be remembering things completely wrong.

With so many people feeling absolutely cheated I don’t see how any future xpac is going to get past all the flames that are going to occur.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

That’s not something they didn’t think about when they made this decision. They made it anyways. It’s almost like the people complaining here don’t understand that Anet already walked through those scenarios. Amazing.

Legendary weapons

Guhracie.3419

That’s not something they didn’t think about when they made this decision. They made it anyways. It’s almost like the people complaining here don’t understand that Anet already walked through those scenarios. Amazing.

And anet’s decision-making has been so flawless in the past. It really is amazing.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Legendary weapons

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah, ANet has never made a decision and then had to backtrack because they misjudged the response after “walking through the scenarios”. NEVER!

Riiiiight.

ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

You shouldn’t be so quick to judge … no where did I say that Anet makes the best decisions or that they haven’t reversed things in the past. frankly, I don’t see them doing that here, not without a major simplification of how Legendaries are developed, which in itself is just another cost to them on top of the other reasons they have to stop development of Legendaries in the first place.

Yet another problem with people that complain … very narrow focus on only the things they think matter. Most of you have little consideration for the business side of this decision when in fact, it’s almost the only thing that matters.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

And anet’s decision-making has been so flawless in the past. It really is amazing.

I love the irony of your quote in your signature. Seems you have missed his point completely.

Legendary weapons

cosmicegg.8502

You shouldn’t be so quick to judge … no where did I say that Anet makes the best decisions or that they haven’t reversed things in the past. frankly, I don’t see them doing that here, not without a major simplification of how Legendaries are developed, which in itself is just another cost to them on top of the other reasons they have to stop development of Legendaries in the first place.

Yet another problem with people that complain … very narrow focus on only the things they think matter. Most of you have little consideration for the business side of this decision when in fact, it’s almost the only thing that matters.

If your happy with getting half of what you paid for, and if you have the expansion, then fine. But I cant comprehend for the life of me why its your job to say me not being happy is any less valid then what you feel. I was cheated plain and simple and there isn’t any remedy offered that doesn’t do further damage. Aside from that I couldn’t care less how you feel about focus.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Legendary weapons

Obtena.7952

If your happy with getting half of what you paid for, and if you have the expansion, then fine. But I cant comprehend for the life of me why its your job to say me not being happy is any less valid then what you feel. I was cheated plain and simple and there isn’t any remedy offered that doesn’t do further damage. Aside from that I couldn’t care less how you feel about focus.

That would be a GREAT rant if I actually did what you are accusing me of. I mean, I get you feel cheated. It’s too bad you can’t get past that. You’re right damage is done, but you don’t seem to want to let it go, you just want to make it worse. it’s sad really. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a dev will change gears, whether you paid for access to specific content or not. The reasons they did it appear beyond most of you.

You think your angry because you didn’t get something but really, you’re angry because you don’t get why they made this decision. I don’t blame you. A more objective stance would help you out with that.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Legendary weapons

cosmicegg.8502

That would be a GREAT rant if I actually did what you are accusing me of. I mean, I get you feel cheated. It’s too bad you can’t get past that. You’re right damage is done, but you don’t seem to want to let it go, you just want to make it worse. it’s sad really. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a dev will change gears, whether you paid for access to specific content or not. The reasons they did it appear beyond most of you.

You think your angry because you didn’t get something but really, you’re angry because you don’t get why they made this decision. I don’t blame you. A more objective stance would help you out with that.

I really don’t care what goes on at anet, its none of my business or my concern. All I’m concerned with is getting all the marketed content I was sold. It makes no difference to me why they haven’t made good on their end of the contract. And don’t tell me why you think I’m angry. I already know why I’m not happy. And I wont let it go because I was cheated. Anet is wrong and counting on people like me to let it go. I wont. And please, I don’t need your condescension or your analysis especially your defense of the indefensible.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Legendary weapons

BrotherBelial.3094

With so many people feeling absolutely cheated I don’t see how any future xpac is going to get past all the flames that are going to occur.

It will get past just fine, not everyone cares or is unaccepting of the reasons why. Like me, I understand. And I will get the new expansion at some point.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I just want to say thank you for not adding more legendary weapons to the game I’m sure I’m in the minority but hey – our voices exist, too and you should hear them. Thank you.

Still very much confused by these posts. You’re literally thanking them for not adding content somebody else paid for simply because you don’t necessarily plan to play that content. Pure selfishness.

No they are actually thanking them for not wasting time on more grind content that they have most likely never used, never wanted and don’t care about..

Now Anet can focus on actual real in game content over some fancy overpriced graphics to show off in Lions Arch..

I do agree though what Anet did to you guys is wrong and just was a bait and switch on customers.

But to me if they never made anymore useless legendaries and those hideous grinds to go with it the game will be much better off for it in the long run.

Legendary weapons

BrotherBelial.3094

I just want to say thank you for not adding more legendary weapons to the game I’m sure I’m in the minority but hey – our voices exist, too and you should hear them. Thank you.

Still very much confused by these posts. You’re literally thanking them for not adding content somebody else paid for simply because you don’t necessarily plan to play that content. Pure selfishness.

No they are actually thanking them for not wasting time on more grind content that they have most likely never used, never wanted and don’t care about..

Now Anet can focus on actual real in game content over some fancy overpriced graphics to show off in Lions Arch..

I do agree though what Anet did to you guys is wrong and just was a bait and switch on customers.

But to me if they never made anymore useless legendaries and those hideous grinds to go with it the game will be much better off for it in the long run.

Nothing bate and switch about it. I think you need to look up what that means.

But I agree with the collections being a bit naff. Ever time I Thi j about doing another one, I remember how much I hated having to save up mats or farm gold to get items, then I think I’d much rather be doing something I enjoy and get jt when I get there. Then I look at the price on precursors and think, “**** that, I could kit out 4-5 characters for that price” some people like it and that’s fine. I.like that I have one, so I can say I’ve done the legendary thing, and it’s a skin I like and will not end up skinning over.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Thanks for all the comments. I know there’s nothing I’m going to say that will make you feel better, but I’ll share some final thoughts for the night.

I said three weeks ago I’d focus on sustainability and quality. I want to reiterate the part about sustainability. Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires. What I think we actually owe you is sustainable, predictable, high-quality content. I’m making a decision that’s painful in the short-term so we can position ourselves to deliver that.

Consider this… HoT currently has: 3 new maps (which are still buggy looking at DS) which are grindy as hell, Elite Specs which are heavy powercreep (pay to win in PvP…), a Story which is short but at least good (if you ignore the myriad of bugs f.e. in the Mordi battle), Guild halls, 2 Raids with 5 1/2 bosses, a new PvP map (which is quite unbalanced) and now only 4 legy weaps (3/4 being rarely used thanks to being underpowered or buggy)… That’s it?

I previously addressed the “half an expansion” thing, and I can point you to pages like this one and this one (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns), but that doesn’t matter because it’s just arguing. My job is to entertain you, not to argue with you.

I strongly believe that we will in fact entertain you. We’re a team of people who love the game that you love, and are working on things we’re confident you’ll love. But I’m not here to convince you of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to take my word for it. You can make that judgment in April, and each subsequent time we ship. I will work to make you happy, and I’ll do it by making you happy with what we ship, not with what we promise to ship.

Mo

With the spring update, no i’m not entertained. HoT are so busy with so much extra stuff you don’t need that I can no longer play them so I am stuck with core content which I have ran out of things to do in so, better luck in 4 months with the next Quarterly patch.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ArenaNet's_MMO_Manifesto_trailer

Btw maybe you need to reread the entire thing if you are going to use this as a defense of stopping the legendary weapons. You guys are literally doing the things you said you wouldn’t

“In most games, you go out, and you have really fun tasks, occasionally, that you get to do, and the rest of the game is this boring grind to get to the fun stuff. ’I swung a sword. I swung a sword again.” – pretty much most of the game. Having to repeat the same events trying to get masteries to be able to explore or do anything. Not fun at all.

“As a structure, the MMO has lost the ability to make the player feel like a hero. Everybody around you is doing the same thing you are doing. The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.” – Everyone in the game is the “boss” for the same group of 4-5 NPC’s. With the Pact, it felt like the marshal was taking all the credit. The entire personal story lead up with his quest and then at the end it was okay now kill zhaitan"

“You’ll get quest text that tells you ’I’m being attacked by these horrible things,’ and it’s not actually happening. In the game world, these horrible centaurs are standing around in a field, and you get a quest step that says ‘Go kill ten centaurs.’ We don’t think that’s OK. You see what’s happening. You see centaurs running to the trading post, knocking the walls down, burning and killing the merchants.” – so I will point out none of this happens either. “Defeat Aquabase Terror-Seven’s massive pet, Fluffy” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done map comp in Mount Maelstrom and this event is up and he is just circling the base, nothing happens if you don’t kill him.

“We do not want to build the same MMO everyone else is building, and in Guild Wars 2, it’s your world. It’s your story. You affect things around you in a very permanent way.” – same thing as above, the story doesn’t feel like it changes anything besides dead NPC’s not even your home instance changes.

Attachments:

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’m curious as to why it’s so complicated to make a new collection for a precursor. It seems to only require basic functionalities that should be available in a content editor.

- Create a new item.
- Modify an item.
- Add an item to a merchant.
- Add a conditionally available item to a merchant.
- Create a new recipe.
- Create a new recipe item.
- Create a container item.
- Add an item to a container.
- Add an ‘OnUse’ function on an item to activate a collection.
- Add a conditional item reward for a successful event (collection activated and concerned achievement still not completed).
- Add a conditional item drop from a monster.
- Add a conditional item drop from a chest.
- Add a conditional item drop from a gathering node.
- Add a conditional dialogue to an NPC.
- Add a conditional interactive item/space to a zone.
- Create a new achievement linked to an object.
- Create a new collection object.

Considering the collections were introduced with the “September 2014 Feature Pack”, that they did some rework for Hot and that they knew they would make quite a few collections, one could have expected them to develop the tools to do it efficiently. They had what, 2 years to do it?

My views on this is that their developer tools must be really terrible. I can imagine that instead of having sophisticated world builder applications Anet has to C++ every single item and quest they add to the game. That would at least explain why it takes them years just to add a few items to the game.

If you start on the wrong code foundations it can be really difficult to add content.
Look at how much content a small team can create when provided with proper tools, for example with Bethesda world builder utilities they provide with their singleplayer games players that know nothing about coding have been able to create entire side-games or expansions. Do you really think it would take years to add a few legendary items and quests with a tool that sophisticated?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: LordCody.6245

LordCody.6245

yeah compensataion should be a precurser of our choice since even the the crafting of 1 still leans people to use a credit card to do it

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nickr.1298

Nickr.1298

Can we get Mini Twilight and Sunrise Swords; just the size of bolt?!?

I need this in my life.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

I’m still hoping to hear that ANET will be resuming work on the promised content for the expansion. Any information on an ETA would be appreciated

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

“In most games, you go out, and you have really fun tasks, occasionally, that you get to do, and the rest of the game is this boring grind to get to the fun stuff. ’I swung a sword. I swung a sword again.” – pretty much most of the game. Having to repeat the same events trying to get masteries to be able to explore or do anything. Not fun at all.

Other that high level fractals, no content is locked behind a grind. Rewards are another story and especially those such as legendary weapons. When it cam to HoT though, the masteries only blocked a minimal amount of content until you got your gliding updraft mastery. Practically all other content was freely available.[/quote]

“As a structure, the MMO has lost the ability to make the player feel like a hero. Everybody around you is doing the same thing you are doing. The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.” – Everyone in the game is the “boss” for the same group of 4-5 NPC’s. With the Pact, it felt like the marshal was taking all the credit. The entire personal story lead up with his quest and then at the end it was okay now kill zhaitan"

Just as everyone is the hero in the personal story. Traherne never took credit for what the player did.

“You’ll get quest text that tells you ’I’m being attacked by these horrible things,’ and it’s not actually happening. In the game world, these horrible centaurs are standing around in a field, and you get a quest step that says ‘Go kill ten centaurs.’ We don’t think that’s OK. You see what’s happening. You see centaurs running to the trading post, knocking the walls down, burning and killing the merchants.” – so I will point out none of this happens either. “Defeat Aquabase Terror-Seven’s massive pet, Fluffy” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done map comp in Mount Maelstrom and this event is up and he is just circling the base, nothing happens if you don’t kill him.

It does. You see NPC’s running around trying to get your attention to point you to dynamic events. Go play in Queensdale sometime for an example. Not every event needs a fail mechanic where something bad happens if you don’t complete it within a specific amount of time. Some events do though such as if you were supposed to defend a bridge but didn’t.

“We do not want to build the same MMO everyone else is building, and in Guild Wars 2, it’s your world. It’s your story. You affect things around you in a very permanent way.” – same thing as above, the story doesn’t feel like it changes anything besides dead NPC’s not even your home instance changes.

Things have changed in a very permanent way through the living story.

The thing you have to realize is that not just you play this game. They can’t have things that are completely permanent in the open world that only you experience. This is why you have events that run on a cycle. The kind of permanency that you seem to be looking for only occurs in single player games.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

The thing you have to realize is that not just you play this game. They can’t have things that are completely permanent in the open world that only you experience. This is why you have events that run on a cycle. The kind of permanency that you seem to be looking for only occurs in single player games.

That could be said about pretty much any game. GW2 is not unique at all in this matter and this whole changing the world thing is just a marketing spiel.

I bought a car in gran turismo, I’ve permanently changed my experience in game by purchasing a car, I now have said car

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That could be said about pretty much any game. GW2 is not unique at all in this matter and this whole changing the world thing is just a marketing spiel.

I bought a car in gran turismo, I’ve permanently changed my experience in game by purchasing a car, I now have said car

Go out and do some dynamic events. Areas on the maps do change and last for some before the cycle resets. There have been some permanent changes to the maps since launch as well. The unfortunate thing about that is that newer players did not get to experience it nor will they ever.

That’s a bad analogy. This is about the game environment changing and not personal feelings someone may have when purchasing an item in-game such as a car.

Legendary weapons

Just a flesh wound.3589

That’s not the same. Buying a car mount is not the environment changing. That’s more along the line of you buying new armor and dyeing it another color and claiming that changed the world and your experience in game, instead of, for example, Kessex Hills being permanently changed by the story line or Lions Arch being destroyed and rebuilt.

ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

This was such a bad decision to postpone legendary weapons. Its one of the few things I was actually looking forward to.

They said they’re going to add new content and events in living world for everyone to enjoy. Legendaries, however, are the only thing to work towards. They are pretty much a major component of gw2 endgame. So whats the point of doing said events if there is nothing to buy or work towards or accumulate resources for?

They really screwed up and in hindsight the only reason these weapons aren’t released is because they made it so that all the legendary precursors have to be obtained through a series of complicated quests which require too many programmer resources to implement. They should have left out all quests for the original precursors and only done them for the expansion precursors.

That way we already would of had all of the HoT legendaries in the game already.

As I’m sure the skins for all of them are already completed and just sitting there but their precursor quest lines are what isn’t complete.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Kitten leg weps, who care about them when we got new shiny blc set with a glider! I mean.. they have time for it? How come? I heard they are so busy that they cant affort to finish legendary weps we paid for but there is no issue to make new blc weapons. Seems legit

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Legendary weapons

Dinks.2478

Bullkitten, You’re literally thanking them for kittening over their customers. Where is that “real content” they were focusing on huh? It has been nearly 2 months since this post and 7 months since HoT launch, where is season 3? Where is raid wing 3? Where are new fractals? Where are the balance changes to dungeons to account for the massive power creep? Oh nowhere, anet just doesn’t get it, and it seems you never will too.

This game has and always will be bout horizontal cosmetic progression, legendaries were one of the original games selling points and they were the 1st expansion primary A second set was promised back in 2013, we didn’t get them. A second set was promised with a PAID expansion with HoT and we didn’t get them. So when they sell a 2nd expansion and it doesn’t sell, they have nobody to blame but themselves and people like you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Legendary weapons add massive grinds to the game that keep people playing for longer.

Living story content is something you do in a day or two then never do again.

Please reconsider your decision and priorities, they should not be in disposable content with little to no replay value.

I mean, I could be completely wrong and you release another silver wastes, which is still one of the best things ever added to this game. Here’s hoping.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

But you know? You are right about the legendary weapons. Indeed, they broke their word on being able to offer 16 new legendary weapons.

You know, kind of the same way a parent may break their promise in getting their kid the number of clementines they requested.

“Sorry sweety, you asked for 16 but I could only get you 4, I’m thinking we need to invest in more foodstap—”
“THEN I WILL BURN DOWN OUR HOME AND CURSE YOUR EXISTENCE”

It’s not a good analogy. A parent/child relationship is not even remotely similar to a business/consumer relationship.

Comparing apples and oranges here.

Yes, literally.

But if the best you have for me is to tell me my analogy sucks, we agree. My analogy sucks. I’m trying to convey a point, not be Shakespeare.

It’s not so much about whether or not someone wants those Legendaries. It’s that it’s part of the purchase that people spent up to $100 dollars to buy. Now, after people put down their money, ANet said the part of what was purchased has been put on hold for an undetermined amount of time.

Let’s say you bought something from a shop in “real life” and part of the purchase was to be delivered later. After you bought it the company said they’re not making that item any more, they don’t know when they’ll make that item, and you are not going to get a refund. Now do you see what the fuss is about?

If I wanted a refund from Anet, I could get it one way or another. Chargebacks are a thing. Legendary’s being put on hold aren’t taking me to the point of wanting a refund.

If others feel differently by all means. I’d try to be a decent person and contact support first, but that’s me.

They’ve helped folks out with things like that in the past and as passionate as some people here seem to be about it, I’m sure they could work something out.

So I should have my account banned and suspended because I want a refund for an undelivered product? Because that is what happens when you get refunds. BTW if you chargeback GW2 you’ll end up banned from purchasing ANYTHING that digital river processes payments for.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What is there to do in GW2 these days that keep you progressing your character? What drives you to continue to log in, farm events, etc etc. Is it masteries or something?

The first and the second part seem oddly related for people.

What keeps me logging into TF2? Certainly not the progression. :P

GW2 was built around mostly eliminating the treadmill, or at least make it non-required to the game.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Bris.7984

Bris.7984

This is stupid….and bad from top to the bottom.We are dumb, but till when?And how will you Anet repay us from the parts we don’t get and we paid for?So I expect that in the near future to cut off …more .. no?I will live to see and judge.I got my eyes on you!

Legendary weapons

Guhracie.3419

After reading some of the comments legendary weapons would be core and legendary weapons were promised too be a feature is the new heart of the thrones expansion.

Is this meant to be a defense for why they have to add the crafting component and can’t just release the precursor/legendary in the way that they released the original set? There are plenty of easy ways around that. For example: Drops only in HoT zones. Requires Heart of Thorns in order to use. The mystic forge recipe for the legendary requires a gift of HoT which is, itself, crafted by buying items from the 4 zones and combining those items in the forge. The aforementioned Gift of HoT is account bound, as are the pieces you buy to make it.

Or we accept that it’s a compromise that the precursors can be found anywhere and used by anyone, but only people with HoT can get all the pieces to make the legendary.

After all, people who don’t own the expansion can go into guild halls.

-Mike O’Brien

Legendary weapons

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

No big surprise here, GW2 has been a continuous series of let downs for the past year or so.

HoT turned out to be less then ideal, it was missing a lot of the things promised, and with it came the death of many things that many players enjoyed like dungeons… and loot.

The whole demise has been drenched in a constant effort to make the loot in the game less and less rewarding, and the effort required to obtain it more and more tedious.

Increasing the costs of crafting Ascended items, removing the majority of loot value from dungeons, and dropping loot in fractals that requires you buy keys to open all came across like a slap in the face.

The whole precursor crafting facet of the game is a joke, being more expensive to craft then to purchase in almost every case.

Raids are really lack luster, as is the loot obtained from them…

Legendary armor that is still currently unobtainable..

The whole silverwaste style grindathon sucks, and is why HoT has failed so hard on so many levels.

I’d say if the next expansion doesn’t come relatively soon, and have content more inline with the original game, with things like dungeons and world bosses, etc then it will probably be just another nail in the coffin, of this once magnificent game.

I hop on the forums just to see if anything positive has changed since I quit playing about 6 months ago, and every time, all changes seem to be for the worse.

It’s always just more disappointing news.

Indefinitely postponing content that was said to be included in an expansion that players were overcharged for in the first place is not just a disappointment, it’s a rip off, and and calling it an indefinite postponement is just an attempt to sugar coat what it really is, a rip off and yet another slap in the face to those that purchased the lackluster expansion, but of course they are all used to that by now, since it’s been happening since before the expansion was even released.

I used to talk very highly of this game, and brought more then a handful of players to it… but anymore, I can’t recommend the game nor can I be bothered to play it since nearly everything that I enjoyed about the game originally has been either removed, nerfed to the floor, or made so unrewarding that it feels insulting.

I’ll keep my eye out for news of the next expansion, but if it is anything even remotely close to what HoT was/is… I will have to postpone indefinitely the re installation of GW2.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

What is there to do in GW2 these days that keep you progressing your character? What drives you to continue to log in, farm events, etc etc. Is it masteries or something?

GW2 was built around mostly eliminating the treadmill, or at least make it non-required to the game.

That’s a false analogy.

TF2 is a PvP game (mostly) meant for people who enjoy shooting at other people online.

Progression isn’t necessary nor even usually wanted in such a game type because the “fresh content” feel primarily comes from facing off against new people.

Sure, new maps help and are needed from time to time, but there’s a reason people love Payload or de_dust (aware that is a different game) and will play that mode or map all day, every day.

Progression, or a sense of it, it paramount in an RPG’s PvE. Without it, you are effectively asking your playerbase to play the same game over and over again, having essentially the same experience every time. Even the most die hard fans of FF7 or Skyrim can only play the games so many times in a row before getting tired of it.

If people get tired of a single player RPG it just sits on their shelf/library for a while. If people get tired of an MMO RPG, it loses it’s community and may very well shut down from lack of funds, ceasing to exist as a playable game ever again.

Without a constant stream of things to shoot for in PvE there isn’t much of a reason to log in unless you like PvP/WvW. It’s kind of the reason there was such a massive slump in the months leading up to HoT.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

That’s a false analogy.

TF2 is a PvP game (mostly) meant for people who enjoy shooting at other people online.

Progression isn’t necessary nor even usually wanted in such a game type because the “fresh content” feel primarily comes from facing off against new people.

Sure, new maps help and are needed from time to time, but there’s a reason people love Payload or de_dust (aware that is a different game) and will play that mode or map all day, every day.

Progression, or a sense of it, it paramount in an RPG’s PvE. Without it, you are effectively asking your playerbase to play the same game over and over again, having essentially the same experience every time. Even the most die hard fans of FF7 or Skyrim can only play the games so many times in a row before getting tired of it.

If people get tired of a single player RPG it just sits on their shelf/library for a while. If people get tired of an MMO RPG, it loses it’s community and may very well shut down from lack of funds, ceasing to exist as a playable game ever again.

Without a constant stream of things to shoot for in PvE there isn’t much of a reason to log in unless you like PvP/WvW. It’s kind of the reason there was such a massive slump in the months leading up to HoT.

To be fair there can be something to shoot for, to do, without progression. Story is a solid example.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

There is definitely pros and cons to the expansion, but let’s try to keep this thread on topic, which is simply about delaying the production of promised content with the expansion. I would still like to hear from ANET when they plan to resume production of the legendaries so we can enjoy what we paid for. So please ANET give us an estimate on when the remaining 12 legendaries will be released to us. I understand they are a lot of work, but there are changes that could be done to ease the burden and still give us the legendaries. See previous posts for ideas

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

They’ve already told you when: “Indefinitely”. That means there is no definitive time for which legendary weapons will be returning.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Legendary weapons

cosmicegg.8502

I wish I could of indefinitely postponed my payment for HoT.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Go out and do some dynamic events. Areas on the maps do change and last for some before the cycle resets. There have been some permanent changes to the maps since launch as well. The unfortunate thing about that is that newer players did not get to experience it nor will they ever.

That’s a bad analogy. This is about the game environment changing and not personal feelings someone may have when purchasing an item in-game such as a car.

Although I can partly agree with the logic involved here, I remember how fired up I was when Anet announced that you would actually be able to change the world! I am usually a pretty calm and collected person, but oh boy, I could not wait to throw my money at Anet after this announcement. Imagine my sad face when I found out that your contribution and the world changes are very, very limited. I don´t know if this already counts as a bait and switch tactic, but it sure felt like a kick in the balls. Obviously the work involved into somewthing like that is too much, but Anet promised, and I would have bought the game for this reason alone if i had not played GW1 too.

As with legendaries, Anet did at least not fully deliver here from the start, although they tried valiantly and I still had a blast with ls1 in general and the original story. Contrary to legendaries, that is something I care for so I can relate with the people that feel burned here.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Hello, any news on the promised, sold, yet undelivered content ?