Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Anet could easily argue they DID deliver on their ‘sales promise’ because what they ‘promised’ didn’t specify how many Legendaries they would create. No one can sensibly argue against that.

Going to leave this here for all interpretation.

“It takes a lot of work to craft these legendary journeys for release, so rather than take the time to develop the full set before releasing any of them, we will be releasing new legendary weapons in small groups at regular intervals until the full set of sixteen has been added to the game. "

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

The post you quoted is from October 2015. It was edited at the bottom to point to the first message in this thread (which obviously counters your quote).

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, looky there, a new Legendary weapon! Not as indefinitely suspended as thought.

Well done, Mike and Team. =)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Leovic.8615

Leovic.8615

W00t more legendaries! Wooden Potatoes will be happy about this!!

MACE!

“TACOS! The meal of champions!”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Yeah it’s good they decided to continue follow through on what they advertised with HoT.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

YAY!!!! THANK YOU ANET! The gem purchases can resume!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I personally will be upset if they start hyping another expansion before they start putting out new Legendary weapons and I bet a lot of others feel the same way.

You can be as upset as you want, but that’s the way it’s going to be.

You don’t know that. Losing customers over this is a very real possibility.

They currently have ~100 employees working on a new expansion pack. They currently have 0 working on legendary weapons.

Do the math.

Assignments can and do change, hence their suspension. Your ‘logic’ means nothing.

It took them 6 months to make a single Legendary Shortbow. The next expansion is intended to launch within 2 years. Do the math.

Sounds like your math is all wrong:

New Legendary Mace: Eureka
A new legendary weapon is now available. Speak to Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs in Lion’s Arch to learn how to craft the new mace precursor, Endeavor, and forge the new legendary mace, Eureka.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah it’s good they decided to continue follow through on what they advertised with HoT.

It is nice. Glad they decided to do this also.

I’ll be interested to see if the system is actually more streamlined, though. Or if that’s just mostly spin.

People that bought HoT looking forward to all those new weapons now have a lot of hope that this will still be part of their gaming experience.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Snippy reminder that “indefinite suspension” never meant canceled.

Good job on the nice new Mace. I like it.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Legendary weapons

Posted by: PaladinVII.1647

PaladinVII.1647

Gem purchases will now resume with the continuation of legendary weapons. Thank you for honoring your promises.

Legendary weapons

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The collection is completely gone now along with any lore or story. Map currency + mithril + elder wood == precursor. Pretty sad now but I guess it’s better than the Mystic Toilet.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

The collection is completely gone now along with any lore or story. Map currency + mithril + elder wood == precursor. Pretty sad now but I guess it’s better than the Mystic Toilet.

True…sad about the loss of story behind the Legendaries…but I also see the plus. I like seeing Legendaries play-gated rather than time-gated(1 Elder Spirit Residue/ day…really?). Just wish it applied retroactively. (I’m working on Nevermore…lol )

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

No story or treasure hunt?
Sad and lame. I see the point making all the whiners to shut up once and for all, but legendaries done in this way will be un-legendary again.

Less sad and lame than RNG precursors, but still sad and lame.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Legendary weapons

Posted by: celticdragon.9370

celticdragon.9370

We can always hope that some time in the future, they will retroactively add journey elements to the new legendaries. I love the journey elements but it may make the most sense for them to pump out the skins to placate all the people who just want them to exist in any form. Later, maybe they will have time to go back and add stories for each weapon, like they did with the original set.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

For the record, I loved the direction new legendariess were going in. Chuka had some brilliant collections and a journey I thoroughly enjoyed. I do think it is a real shame that direction had to come to an ened. I thought it really showcased the imagination and talent of the designers, whilst the new direction doesn’t do that.

It’s great to see legendaries moving again and I get it is in response to feedback about just pushing them out, for me personally, it is just a shame quality had to take a backseat

Legendary weapons

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

They can’t retroactively add the collections as that would change the requirements on obtaining these new ‘cheap’ Legendary weapons.

(edited by Elric Of Melnibone.4781)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ZupaleX.8631

ZupaleX.8631

I am confused by what I am reading. Did they change the way to acquire the precursor for ALL the legendaries? Only the HoT legendaries? Only the new legendary added with Rising Flame supposedly called Eureka that I do not find anywhere in-game?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Eureka and those who will follow will be done with the new system. The old ones (also the 4 from the HoT-Set we already had) will remain the same.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am confused by what I am reading. Did they change the way to acquire the precursor for ALL the legendaries? Only the HoT legendaries? Only the new legendary added with Rising Flame supposedly called Eureka that I do not find anywhere in-game?

This may help: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-weapons/ as well as the Wiki.

Good luck.

Legendary weapons

ZupaleX.8631

Thanks for the clarification.
I actually read that post and I did not find it clear at all.
Searching Eureka on the wiki was more helpful :-)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Sad and lame. I see the point making all the whiners to shut up once and for all, but legendaries done in this way will be un-legendary again.

I knew this would come up and I’m here to respond.

No treasure hunt? Boo hoo. At least we STILL get the skins.
Yes – I’d love more content – but I would rather have new legendary skins in the game rather than not have them – so good job for adding this.

They should add more of them like this and just be done with it.

I’d rather have cool skins that feel “less than legendary” than no skins at all.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I knew this would come up and I’m here to respond.

No treasure hunt? Boo hoo. At least we STILL get the skins.
Yes – I’d love more content – but I would rather have new legendary skins in the game rather than not have them – so good job for adding this.

They should add more of them like this and just be done with it.

I’d rather have cool skins that feel “less than legendary” than no skins at all.

I’m not against the change, because it means two good things:

• Developers will focus on things other than legendaries, which required a ton of work relative to how many people acquire any particular one.
  • This will (eventually) reduce the distraction created by the “indefinitely postpone” announcement.

However, I do like the collections for the original four 2nd Generation legendaries. I’m sorry we won’t see more of them, even though I understand why that’s a better choice for the game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Legendary weapons

ZupaleX.8631

I find the first part of the legendary collection enjoyable but the rest is garbage in my opinion. The amount of wood required to do the step 2 of Kudzu or Nevermore for example doesn’t make any sense.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I am somewhat disappointed that this legendary won’t be coming with the story that the other legendaries have had but it’s leaps and bounds better than no legendaries. This is good news.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I’m on the other side of the fence- I’m totally okay with the new collections, and am bummed that it’s not retroactive. The lore is cool, but I hate that it requires us to do fractals, even the “easy” ones. I would gladly grind HoT maps for a few more months if it meant not having to deal with them.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

I find the first part of the legendary collection enjoyable but the rest is garbage in my opinion. The amount of wood required to do the step 2 of Kudzu or Nevermore for example doesn’t make any sense.

Absolutely this.
I liked Part 1 of the HOPE Collection. Part 2 killed my excitement for the collection completely. It was a relief getting past it but after that I was just in mindless quest completion mode. I don’t even REMEMBER what Part 3 was like but Part 4 had my inventory/bank overflowing with items that I couldn’t combine because I had to make flasks.

I don’t know. I mean, it was a good effort towards trying to blend in lore with something that’s meaningful to the player but I feel like it hit really shallow after the first part.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Quoting myself because I called it.

I believe the community is actually reaping what we sowed:

• We asked for demanded scavenger hunts.
  • Arenanet constantly tell us that it’s easier to make a weapon than it is a suit of armour.
  • The problem with the amount of time invested in making legendary weapons MUST therefore be because of the time required to make the scavenger hunt we demanded (and not the weapon model).

The relevant blog post info fyi.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-weapons/

The system of legendary journeys we created to overcome this was very deep and immersive, but they were also very time consuming to make.

I suspect that although Legendary Journeys are almost entirely about PvE anyway, the new system just turns the new legendary into (a LOT more of) a PvE-only grind.

It is true that you make zero progress if you’re not in the new map, grinding? What about PvP/WvW/Fracdull/Raiders?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Scellow.1596

Scellow.1596

There is no sense of grind in the game, time spent on game/progression doesn’t reflect on your character, only the skins does, think about it!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

There is no sense of grind in the game, time spent on game/progression doesn’t reflect on your character, only the skins does, think about it!

Wait, you revived a year old thread to point out the obvious?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Progression, or a sense of it, it paramount in an RPG’s PvE. Without it, you are effectively asking your playerbase to play the same game over and over again, having essentially the same experience every time. Even the most die hard fans of FF7 or Skyrim can only play the games so many times in a row before getting tired of it.

Honestly, I wouldn’t really be disagreeing with this. At all.

Only GW2 was built around that idea, and there are plenty really really great MMOs out there who never tried to go “progressionless”. I tried FF14 recently, and if I wanted that again it’d be a clearly superior game to GW2. Granted it has a sub, but meh, minor amount of cash each month and the game shows that it clearly has more money to feed into development.

And then there’s ofc still WoW, old as it is now it has this “progression PvE” formula so perfected that you can’t really beat it, plus it’s probably still the by-far largest MMO in sheer player count.

What I’m trying to say is, correct as you might be, that isn’t the niche GW2 was aiming for, and doing a complete 180° turnaround feels even more damaging to it, now.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.