Lemongrass: The numbers don't lie.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Regardless if the OP obsessed with the food or not really doesn’t matter…a food that makes condition builds useless in WvW is just wrong on Anet’s part. Like someone pointed out…a -40% crit damage would cause all hell.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I knew one day my sig would become relevant.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Mmm much simpler solution. Remove all consumables from WvW.

^ this good bye annoying consumables, hello builds and skills..

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Okay so just so everyone knows, after posting my long winded post, I decided to go test this for myself. As it turns out, I was wrong, and lots of other people too.

In SPVP using Blood is Power which is a 30 second base bleed.

With Base condition duration on my necro:
Target without melandru runes = 30 seconds
Target with melandru runes = 22 seconds

With +75% condition duration on my necro
Target without melandru runes = 52 seconds
Target with melandru runes = 44 seconds

If the runes were working off the cast duration, that reduction would be 13 seconds in the second case, and it is around 8 seconds, or 25% off the base duration.

Now I did not test against lemongrass, as I would need to find a willing party on another server in WvW to help out, who happen to also have melandru runes, but I have no reason to believe it would work any differently.

I take back my complains.

I also tested with immobilize on the necro dagger 3, but the durations are fairly short so it is hard to get conclusive data like the above. Basically it took about 1 second off the immobilize (which is 4 seconds), no matter what + duration I had.

Anyone with -96% duration (ele for cripple/chill/immob) on Fort Aspenwood or EBay want to meet me in WvW, I can test what +100% duration cripple does against -96% duration and make a video of it.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Are you like, obssesed with Lemmongrass. This is at least the third thread you have made on the subject. Give it a rest already. It’s been discussed to death. Making multiple threads on the same subject is against forum rules.

You already have:
Lemongrass food nerf and I think lemongrass is too potent

Enough already. We get it. You think Lemmongrass is too strong.

Dude, he’s a troll. Feeding the troll is never rewarding.

He has 3 whole topics of conversations. 1) warriors are too weak! someone beat me! 2) your class is too strong, someone beat me! (inevitably followed by incoherent rant about ranger pets…) 3) lemongrass is too strong, I have to think!

I was hoping for something interesting about lemongrass… but, hey…

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Anyone with -96% duration (ele for cripple/chill/immob) on Fort Aspenwood or EBay want to meet me in WvW, I can test what +100% duration cripple does against -96% duration and make a video of it.

Lol Melandru runes have gotten expensive but I’d have sacrificed karma for it if you need someone from Tarnished Coast.

This is an interesting turn of events. Perhaps this was ninja patched or something? Have people noticed a change in the melandru+lemongrass combo lately? AFAIK, people have tested the effectiveness in the field and experienced huge reductions in durations of conditions but a difference in 39 and 44 seconds is pretty noticable.

There might also just be a difference in in the effectiveness of the Melandru runes in PvP vs WvW/PvE which may or may not be a bug.

Rennoko.5731

Lol Melandru runes have gotten expensive but I’d have sacrificed karma for it if you need someone from Tarnished Coast.

This is an interesting turn of events. Perhaps this was ninja patched or something? Have people noticed a change in the melandru+lemongrass combo lately? AFAIK, people have tested the effectiveness in the field and experienced huge reductions in durations of conditions but a difference in 39 and 44 seconds is pretty noticable.

There might also just be a difference in in the effectiveness of the Melandru runes in PvP vs WvW/PvE which may or may not be a bug.

Right… it certainly could work differently in WvW as opposed to testing in SPVP, wouldn’t be the first time that has happened.

Also it would be important to keep in mind most people with cripples and immobilize are going to be running base or very low condition duration, which would make the effect at -96% exactly that.

Unfortunately at least this week, I am up against FT Aspen and Ebay and I exist on Maguuma. Hopefully someone from those servers has the required gear to test it against my 100% duration.

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

It’s too strong because of how the duration is calculated. Say I have +40% cond duration and they have -40%. 1.4 × .6 = .84.

It not only counters it, but then reduces it even more. A fix for how that is calculated would solve the problem… but it’s probably easier to just nerf the food down to where it would just even out.

It hasn’t been proved that it even works that way yet. Everything else uses the unmodified value as a base for modification, so why the -40% should work differently?

That IS how it works.

Dogged March/The Ele trait + Melandru Runes + This Food = Immunity to:
Fear, Chill, Cripple, Immobilize. (Melandru Runes Reduce Fear duration by 50% because fear is also considered a stun, so 50%+40%= 90%, which brings most fear’s durations to 1/4 or 0.)

Its absolutely broken in WvWvW/PvE and should get fixed.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

It’s too strong because of how the duration is calculated. Say I have +40% cond duration and they have -40%. 1.4 × .6 = .84.

It not only counters it, but then reduces it even more. A fix for how that is calculated would solve the problem… but it’s probably easier to just nerf the food down to where it would just even out.

It hasn’t been proved that it even works that way yet. Everything else uses the unmodified value as a base for modification, so why the -40% should work differently?

That IS how it works.

Dogged March/The Ele trait + Melandru Runes + This Food = Immunity to:
Fear, Chill, Cripple, Immobilize. (Melandru Runes Reduce Fear duration by 50% because fear is also considered a stun, so 50%+40%= 90%, which brings most fear’s durations to 1/4 or 0.)

Its absolutely broken in WvWvW/PvE and should get fixed.

where are you getting 50% from?

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Melandru runes reduce condition and stun duration by 25% each.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That IS how it works.

Example from few posts above seem to contradict this. Unless of course Lemongrass is an exception to all other effects.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Daecollo.9578

That IS how it works.

Example from few posts above seem to contradict this.

Um? Sorry to say that his test was correct.

The man had a 4 second immobilize and the enemy had -25% condition duration, this brought it down to 3 seconds… so yes.

98% brings it down to 0 seconds.

-% Condition Duration takes the total duration and brings it down by the percentage.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Astralporing.1957

That IS how it works.

The test showed that the reduction is to the base duration, not the enhanced one, so the -40% food would simply cancel the +40% one.

Actions, not words.

Daecollo.9578

That IS how it works.

The test showed that the reduction is to the base duration, not the enhanced one, so the -40% food would simply cancel the +40% one.

I’m sorry, but your wrong i’m afraid. That is not how -%’s work.

For example Protection takes your total damage taken and reduces it by 33%, it doesn’t take the damage before critical damage/power and reduce it. It takes the total. Otherwise it would simply be too hard to code.

Daecollo.9578

Leo G.4501

Skimmed your links. All in all, it appears that those posters either outright admit they aren’t sure about how the effects (the -% duration) stack, rely on feel and not math (chill/immo/cripple feels like it drops right off!) and/or do not express any sort of shallow tests against +condition duration.

That last part is the crux here. That’s what needs to be determined.

I’m eagerly watching this thread for updates.

Posted by: Aten.8046

Aten.8046

Without food in wvw some build couldn’t be viable… for ex. as a shatter mesmer if I hadn’t melandru runes+lemongrass I wouldn’t have any chance to defeat any condition build. Anyway, I often like to check other people buffs and I rarely see using lemongrass, most of the players just use food to buff specific stats (power,preci,crit etc) so I don’t think it’s overused either.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

If the runes were working off the cast duration, that reduction would be 13 seconds in the second case, and it is around 8 seconds, or 25% off the base duration.

How did you get +75% duration on your conditions in sPVP? You can get 30 from traits, and 20 from runes, unless you extend a specific condition like bleeds.

Astralporing.1957

Unfortunately, all these people think it works my way… because it does!

Unfortunately, all these people think it works that way. The one person in this thread checked, and found out it doesn’t. When i have to choose between many guesses and beliefs and one hard fact, i’ll always go with facts. Unless, of course, any new facts will show up that will contradict the previous info – which hasn’t happened so far.

In the meantime, you can continue to believe what you want.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

There is no “best food available”, as the food needed depends on the build you use. However, this is particularly useful in a hammer warrior build, and once people started using it and the demand went up, there hasnt been enough lemongrass to meet the supply needs, hence the lemongrass spike and why the food is expensive.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

Rennoko.5731

How did you get +75% duration on your conditions in sPVP? You can get 30 from traits, and 20 from runes, unless you extend a specific condition like bleeds.

I apologize, I should have specified I was using bleeding duration specifically and not condition duration. I had 45% bleeds from runes and 30% from the spite tree.

Again, I am not swearing lemongrass works the same way as the melandru runes, and things like fear/immobilize are very very hard to test, as it is nearly impossible to get to 100% duration on those without the +40% duration food.

I have no reason to believe that any other condition is going to work differently than bleeding, and that +45% to bleed is treated any differently within the game mechanics to +45% to all conditions.

As I stated above, I am more than happy to make a video, against a warrior or ele running those traits that give supposed immunity, against my +100% duration necromancer in WvW. You just have to be on Ft. Aspen or Emery Bay, since that is who we are playing this week.

Since I cannot run food, and my opponent cannot run food in an Spvp game, I cannot test the claim they directly cancel each other out. I was only able to test a long bleed against melandru, which reduces by 25% of the base in every case. No matter how much + duration I had running (10%, 30%, 75%) the bleed was always reduced by around 7-8 seconds, which is 25% of 30 seconds, the BASE duration of Blood is Power.

Since it was easy enough for me to get 50% duration on immobilize, I was able to try and test with dagger 3 on a necro (dark pact) which seems to last 4 seconds (wiki note seems to be wrong) with no condition duration on against a target with no negative duration runes on. When the target does have melandru on, the duration is lowered by 1 second. If I was to boost the duration by 50%, making it a 6 second immobilize, it stayed on my target for 5 seconds, which would indicate a drop of 1 second again.

The difference in an immobilize test would be only .5 seconds above, and very hard to quantify since it you cannot get exact durations except by watching the timers. The indication SEEMS to be that immobilize functions exactly like bleed.

Also claiming I am out-right wrong without posting any evidence to the contrary is just ridiculous. If you want to prove me wrong, do so with some data points at least, or a video even better. Hopefully someone in my WvW competition this week will speak up so we can put this to bed.

Because of how lingering curses works, I can get a cripple on sceptor that lasts a very very long time, at 123% duration. If your case for 96% duration reduction is correct, that cripple should last no more than a fraction of a second…. If my testing is correct, it should last 6 seconds.

EDIT: Strange formatting and cripple duration correction.

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

Daecollo.9578

Again, i’m not sure how it works in SPVP since the rules for SPVP are entirely different then PvE/WvWvW, they could of capped it by 50% to avoid trait/rune abuse.

However all I know is when I used it and tested it myself, I could not get immobilized or snared or anything, I was completely ridiculous.

I am sure it helps elementalist better then warriors due to the fact they can cure faster, so when the movement/fear conditions melt off all your left with is to cure the damaging ones.

Rennoko.5731

Like I said, I would be more than willing to accept that you tested it with any infromation other than saying… “I could not get immobilized or snared or anything, I was completely ridiculous.”

If people with no condition duration were casting on you, then yes that would be the case. But that doesn’t prove that the effect supercedes rare veggie, it just proves that it can be really good…. I am interested in the mechanics of how it interacts with + duration.

To call this overpowered if the effects are identical, would be ike me posting.. “I was cripping people left and right and no one could get away!… Rare veggie pizza is so OP”. The question I am trying to answer is, do the plus and minus foods cancel each other out… because if they do, then there is nothing wrong here.

If you commit to massive minus duration, and your opponent spends NOTHING on increasing his duration, then you should own his face… bottom line… but if he is spending on plus duration, and you invested in minus, they should cancel out.

I believe they do, and I can’t for the life of me find anyone on Ft. Aspen or Ebay to test with…. so I will ask again in hopes someone has those runes and will post or message me so I can verify.

Leo G.4501

I made a request thread on the Warrior forums for you. Hope someone answers, just have to coordinate times to log in and test.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Need-a-Warrior-s-help-in-WvW

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

If you get matched up with Blackgate, let me know. I have melandru and use the poultry soup.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

Rennoko.5731

I made a request thread on the Warrior forums for you. Hope someone answers, just have to coordinate times to log in and test.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Need-a-Warrior-s-help-in-WvW

Thanks, hopefully you get a bite there.

I would really like to test it at -96%, though I guess it doesn’t really need to be that high to verify the functionality of the mechanic.

Leo G.4501

PS: Whichever way the test turns, I suppose one could consider what the ramifications of snare ‘immunity’ is within the game. Which classes can attain it?

To do so, it requires a combination of traits, runes and food, to which it seems only Elementalist and Warrior can do this with the traits Dogged March and Geomancer’s Freedom. It should also be noted that Dogged March is just an Adept trait in Defense while G.Freedom is a Master trait in Earth.

Also consider the fact that, an Elementalist is likely the most vulnerable target of all professions if snared and closed in on (lowest HP, no Aegis, requires active healing, locked in a specific range) and Warrior is almost necessitated as a melee profession (shining up close). Both have limited active negation of damage (that is limited blocks, limited evades, limited stealth, moderate mobility and limited supporting pets).

All that weighed against each other, how much harm does it do to the game that these two professions might be capable of snare ‘immunity’ with a special build set-up in non-sPvP? Go ahead and weigh in the lowered duration of other conditions/stuns as well but don’t forget that this is also rolled up into a build that does have to sacrifice other things (and it might not be as attractive with the current state of the Earth trait line and the fact Elementalist has decent to good condition removal in water traits).

Daecollo.9578

Elementalists are one of the most evading classes in the game due to having so much vigor/invulnerabilities. However that isn’t the topic at hand.

The main cause of concern though is the fear immunity due to fear also being classed as a stun, which makes melandru runes -50% fear duration. (50%+40% = Necro + :< )

Leo G.4501

Well, I’d say fear is a concern. If it works like that then it probably is more a bug than WAI.

As far as Ele and vigor/inv is concerned, Elementalist has 2 invulnerability skills: Mist form (4sec of not doing anything on a 75sec cooldown) and Obsidian flesh (only on Focus off-hand). I will give you that Ele has very good access to Vigor, but that is inherently why snares are so dangerous to Ele. If you’re immobilized, you can’t even dodge and if you’re chilled, your innately longer cooldown skills take longer to recharge as well as hampered mobility.

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Here’s a quick duel video between myself ( running 6/6Melandru+Lemongrass+Dogged March)

Note at about 10 seconds in when I cripple him how long it lasts compared to his cripple he applies just after mine. Cripples used are both Hammer “3” which is a 7.75second cripple.

You can watch my condys Vs his condys how quicky I drop cripples etc compared to Warrior I’m fighting who isnt running Melandru+lemongrass.

also on my channel is a few duels with a Condy trap ranger, and you can see the condys do drop off fast.

Simple Maths.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

(edited by Ajaxx.3157)

Rennoko.5731

Here’s a quick duel video between myself ( running 6/6Melandru+Lemongrass+Dogged March)

Note at about 10 seconds in when I cripple him how long it lasts compared to his cripple he applies just after mine. Cripples used are both Hammer “3” which is a 7.75second cripple.

You can watch my condys Vs his condys how quicky I drop cripples etc compared to Warrior I’m fighting who isnt running Melandru+lemongrass.

also on my channel is a few duels with a Condy trap ranger, and you can see the condys do drop off fast.

Simple Maths.

Your missing the point. Your opponent warrior isn’t running + condition duration. Which means that, yes, his cripples on you would last an incredibly short duration (4% of normal).

As for your duel against the trap ranger, since I didn’t go dig for it:

1. How much plus duration was he running?
2. What is the base duration of each of the effects he is using?
3. How long did each last on you?

Many of the trap ranger effects are short pulses, and if he was only at say 40% duration, and you were at -65% duration, then yes, they will seem very short.

It isn’t simple math when you don’t give any math… that is just anecdotal evidence… like everything else in the thread… which isn’t accurate.

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Rofl..

As someone who’s pretty known for using Conditions Builds in World vs World while running Solo

let me say for starters that this food will not save you vs conditions builds, What saves you vs conditions build is determined by if one of you is a Substain Bunker Condition Build, and if you’re not..

You can have as much condition reduction as you want, But if you can’t last in a fight..I’m going to kill you, Yes it will take longer then normal, but you will die…Its just a matter of time.

i kill warriors all day long running these setups, Because most Warriors run Knights or Berserkers gear….Which do absolutely nothing for fighting against conditions..You’re going to eat some damage….and you won’t kill a competent bunker very quickly usually.

Now if a Substain Bunker decides to run this food and rune setup, yea…I won’t kill them..I have to get lucky to do it, But if they’re running this setup as substain bunker, they have zero chance of killing most other bunkers as well as the damage is to low

It’ll allow them to kill condition builds if they normally have trouble with them that aren’t substain builds (Rabid Gear Necro’s for example) but chances are if they were bunker before they could probably kill a Rabid Gear Necro.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

snip

well.. sure.. your thief could eat warriors alive,..
now if only you could test the mechanics for -duration vs +duration.

Astralporing.1957

The main cause of concern though is the fear immunity due to fear also being classed as a stun, which makes melandru runes -50% fear duration. (50%+40% = Necro + :< )

Now, if -condition and -stun effects stack, that should likely be considered a bug and fixed. I don’t think that this stacking was intended.

Actions, not words.

Rennoko.5731

I will try to send this back to the top one more time, and hope I can get a nibble from someone on FA/EBay; but since the warrior thread, the WvW thread, and this thread have failed to get a single warrior/elementalist with Melandru runes, as well as several in game messages to people on those servers looking for folks with that setup, I have not had any success.

We have the technology to get this done, I just need a willing party with the runes on one of those servers in WvW. If our matchup changes on Friday, I can re-request and see where I go from there, but I am not going to beat a dead horse on this one.

My previous testing suggests the effect is additive, and that is what I will run on unless it can be proved otherwise.

Rennoko.5731

Got the testing done, thanks to oZii.2864 for the help on this one! I will post the video and findings in another thread when I can get the edit done. I know the suspense is killing everyone.

Leo G.4501

Congrats on finally finding help and thanks for taking the time.

Oy, when should we expect the video to be posted?

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

this is mythbuster at work. hope to see the result. =)

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I know i’ve been crippled for 3 seconds when running dogged march + food + melandru’s runes on my warrior. I think its additive scaling. Thing is, I run into very very few people running pizza in wvw. I think its because of the rumor that dogged+food+mel makes pizza worthless. Some hard facts showing that it cancels instead might get people to start running pizza more regularly again.

ANet can nerf this food by implementing multiplicative scaling to condition duration. They don’t have to nerf its standalone value (which is fine).

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

Rennoko.5731

Okay guys here you go…. and excuse my lovely video quality, as it is fun bouncing around extensions while editing. Plus apparently I am terrible at making videos as well.

As suggested above the findings were that both negative and positive duration effects act on base duration, and are combined additively. Once I put on the same amount of + duration that he had on – duration, we ended up cancelling each other out, as if neither of us was running food. My personal opinion – This is fine, and how it should work.

If you are running huge levels of reduction against someone trying to disable you with no duration increases, you deservice to avoid that disable almost entirely, which does happen if the caster on the warrior is NOT running plus duration.

An intersting finding I put at the end of the video, which I did not know, was that if you go over 100% duration, when the calculation is done between your plus duration and their minus duration, you can mitigate the effects of their food/runes with enough increased duration. Not sure anyone would want to do this, but its worth noting.

Daecollo.9578

Wait…

You didn’t test with 98% Decrease?
Rune of Melandru (-25%)
Food (-40%)
Trait (-33%)

How did he get -60% duration?

You can only get -65%, there is no way to get -60%. There is simply no way.

You can get -50% – -65%, but not -60%.

He must of given you disinformation, because there isn’t really a way to get -60% condition duration. No combination of stats or gear with get you it.

(-20% Food + -25% = -45%.)
(-40% Food + -25% = -65%)
(-40% Food + -10% = -50%.)

There are no more combinations.

Leo G.4501

~clap~

That was not the conclusion I expected, particularly the part about +duration over the cap still being applied if the user has -duration. Thank you and thanks to oZii.2864 for the time and effort. You both deserve some prestige as few people really understand the mechanics of the game. Some people don’t even realize conditions are capped at 100% increase so never last longer than 2x its base.

You should make a new thread specifically for discussion on this. Kind of feels out of place in a thread complaining about food costs.

Leo G.4501

Lemongrass Poultry Soup (-40%)
2 Superior Runes of Melandru (-10%)
2 Major Runes of Melandru (-7%)
2 Minor Runes of Melandru (-3%)

Leo G.4501

To further guesstimate, that warrior is likely using that rune set up I mentioned for -20% duration.

The first test with -89% cripple, he must be eating poultry and leek soup with is -36% duration. Adding those percentages up that’s 36+20 = 56%. Add Dogged March for 89%.

When he was testing with 60%, he was likely eating lemongrass to save for last to get the highest decrease when tested against the highest increase. The likely reason is, it’s cheaper and he was canceling food buffs by eating other cheaper food and didn’t want to waste. Wouldn’t put it past me if they chose a cheaper rune set-up as Melandru runes aren’t cheap except the non-superior ones.

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Why bother with that setup? You are only getting -20% condition from the runes and no reduction to stuns. If you go with a full set of superior you will get -25% condition and -25% stun. You’ll also get more toughness to reduce physical damage as well.

Rennoko.5731

Wait…

You didn’t test with 98% Decrease?
Rune of Melandru (-25%)
Food (-40%)
Trait (-33%)

How did he get -60% duration?

You can only get -65%, there is no way to get -60%. There is simply no way.

You can get -50% – -65%, but not -60%.

He must of given you disinformation, because there isn’t really a way to get -60% condition duration. No combination of stats or gear with get you it.

(-20% Food + -25% = -45%.)
(-40% Food + -25% = -65%)
(-40% Food + -10% = -50%.)

I tested against what I had…. if its really that unclear, I can re-test at 98% (with a willing party), but the findings at 89% should be no different. The warrior was in the early parts of the video using the -36% food and hoelbrak runes, which are -20% conditions, in conjunction with dogged march is 89% reduction to cripples/chills/immobs.

In the later part of the video he was still using Superior Hoelbrak (-20% duration decrease) and the -40% lemongrass reduction food, for a total of -60%.

I won’t speak to Hoelbrak vs. Melandru, but that wasn’t the point of the video or the test.

Rennoko.5731

~clap~

That was not the conclusion I expected, particularly the part about +duration over the cap still being applied if the user has -duration. Thank you and thanks to oZii.2864 for the time and effort. You both deserve some prestige as few people really understand the mechanics of the game. Some people don’t even realize conditions are capped at 100% increase so never last longer than 2x its base.

You should make a new thread specifically for discussion on this. Kind of feels out of place in a thread complaining about food costs.

And actually sceptor for necros cheats the 100% rule as well, and will go up to 133%. Oddly enough the reason for that seems to be that it applies (from the testing) the additive 33% AFTER all the increases and decreases to conditions. Since the first calc caps at 100%, then the sceptor 33% just adds in on top. No idea why its that way, but has been since release.

I will post a new topic for it, and I linked it over in the necro forum as well, just to get some more discuss on it, thanks for the idea.

Leo G.4501

Why bother with that setup? You are only getting -20% condition from the runes and no reduction to stuns. If you go with a full set of superior you will get -25% condition and -25% stun. You’ll also get more toughness to reduce physical damage as well.

The idea is to test. If the warrior was volunteering and didn’t have Melandru runes, that would be about 2g vs 6g or more…but it’s already been clarified that he’s using Runes of Hoelbrak which has a 6slot bonus of 20% condition duration so…same

Leo G.4501

And actually sceptor for necros cheats the 100% rule as well, and will go up to 133%. Oddly enough the reason for that seems to be that it applies (from the testing) the additive 33% AFTER all the increases and decreases to conditions. Since the first calc caps at 100%, then the sceptor 33% just adds in on top. No idea why its that way, but has been since release.

lol I don’t get it…but then I don’t play Necro.

Anyway, maybe with this new info though, it might entice more people to buy Giver’s Weapons

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Leo G.4501

I play a condition necro… made completely useless because of this food. Wish I had the numbers to chop people down.

Sorry to bump but this got me curious so I reread.

Daecollo, you don’t use +condition duration on your Necro? You surely would have noticed your chills lasting at least 1sec if you had 50% duration (40% from food and 10% from somewhere like traits or runes/sigils). Vs someone with the melandru + lemongrass + dogged march combo that’d turn Chillblains’ chill from a +50% duration base 4sec chill into -48% duration base 4sec chill. That’s still 2sec of chill there.

What is your build, Daec?