Let's Take a Vote

Let's Take a Vote

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Hey everyone I created a straw poll to see how people feel about the new leveling experience.

Have at it.

http://strawpoll.me/2555336

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

The new changes to leveling would be okay with some adjustment. By “some” I mean a lot.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

Not really the point though. So many people are saying everyone hates it. At this moment in the poll 14 hate it but 10 like it and my wife couldn’t vote because we have the same IP.

All I’m saying is it’s closer than people here would lead you to believe.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think the new rewards are great! Also, the speed at which you level (at lower levels).

For me, there seems little difference (overall) except for what I have mentioned above. Yes, things are different, but the overall leveling experience seems about the same.

I asked my Guildie what he thought (he’s one of those never-read-the-patch-notes/come-on-forums/doesn’t-follow-the-news types) and he said it seemed about the same. Lol. Today was his first experience with the NPE. But, his character was already level 20, so….

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

121 votes total and the picture is starting to become a bit more clear.

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

I only did this to show it’s not the end of the world. They way people are going on about it, there are people who absolutely despise it, but they’re not in any kind of majority.

A new patch comes out, the patch needs tweaks, the patch will be tweaked, and somehow life goes on.

People are talking about leaving, boycotting all that stuff. It’s all a storm in a teacup. This isn’t going to have a major affect on the game’s bottom line, with one possible exception.

If Anet is right and new people do end up staying longer, the game will be more successful in the long run.

And the long run is what MMOs are inevitably about.

Let's Take a Vote

Sokia.3710

According to your poll, 68% of respondents say that the changes are not good as-is.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

According to your poll, 68% of respondents say that the changes are not good as-is.

And 1% say “meow” . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Quite honestly if they just unlock utility earlier, most people might even like it.

We’ll level faster 1-15. And we get to unlock utility at the same time.

the last vote with only 2 option have 83% people like it and 17% don’t. I think most people fit the I don’t like it, but it don’t bother me too much, so if they make slight adjustment…

I’m only bothered because the utility is pushed back… The trait thing bothered me already before.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

And 1% say “meow” . . .

But they could have voted don’t like it or hate it. They haven’t.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

I see what you did there with the choice “the leveling would be ok with some adjustments”. You interpred it to your own case, and thats misleading. You stear it with exactly that option.

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

And 1% say “meow” . . .

Doesn’t mean they’re happy with it.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

The vote is kinda bias imho, should just be “Do you like this new changes? Yes/No/Not apply”. Breaking down the not-like into so many categories while like in just one is an attempt to divert the Nah votes.

Btw. I voted “not apply” option, since the trait update already kill my desire to make new alts, this update really just reinforce it.

Let's Take a Vote

Sunshine.4680

The vote is kinda bias imho, should just be “Do you like this new changes? Yes/No/Not apply”. Breaking down the not-like into so many categories while like in just one is an attempt to divert the Nah votes.

Btw. I voted “not apply” option, since the trait update already kill my desire to make new alts, this update really just reinforce it.

Yes the vote is pretty well worded to divert people from the dislike vote. Pretty sneaky.

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

I think the point of the poll was to quell the mass hysteria that has been fueled by a few people when in reality the problem is not as “game-breaking”. Sure some people don’t like somethings but its not the end of the world like some very vocal posters have led to believe.

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

I think the point of the poll was to quell the mass hysteria that has been fueled by a few people when in reality the problem is not as “game-breaking”. Sure some people don’t like somethings but its not the end of the world like some very vocal posters have led to believe.

Dont go whiteknighting and dismiss other peoples constructive critisism. Speak for yourself.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yes the vote is pretty well worded to divert people from the dislike vote. Pretty sneaky.

This

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

Nothing sneaky about it. It’s simply that so many people seem to HATE this change and others might not feel as strongly.

The truth is if peoiple are voting it would be okay with some changes, they’re probably closer to liking it than not, because I gave them that option.

I could have put I like it but it would be better. I didn’t, to make it fairer.

The bottom line is it’s not as dire as some are painting it, period.

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

Dont go whiteknighting and dismiss other peoples constructive critisism. Speak for yourself.

What are you talking about? How am I white knighting FYI I voted (could be ok with some adjustments) so what are you talking about dismiss constructive criticism?

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Let's Take a Vote

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And 1% say “meow” . . .

Look, not my fault, I don’t speak charr.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Let's Take a Vote

Sunshine.4680

Nothing sneaky about it. It’s simply that so many people seem to HATE this change and others might not feel as strongly.

The truth is if peoiple are voting it would be okay with some changes, they’re probably closer to liking it than not, because I gave them that option.

Than word it,

Dislike
N/A
Not sure yet

the way it’s worded now is so vague. I could put do you think congress is ran well? yes/no/it could with changes, well duh dislike and changes are nearly the samething. That’s why people dislike it.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Tried it, it’s not bad. It’s different.

Not the end of the world as forum people describe it.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i actually just ended up leveling a char before the update well up to level 60 that is and specifically started new char after update to try out new leveling mainly to see if there what the differences.to tell the truth. i dont really like or hate the new leveling it does affect me yes its different yes. i personally dont think it was needed . it isnt easier and not really any harder. i also got a friend who just started the game several days ago i dont think the new experience and i helped him through by answering question. hes still got questions so im not thinking the new leveling affected him. to be truth i asked what hethink he likes getting the rewards every level but all else he doesnt care.

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

Than word it,

Dislike
N/A
Not sure yet

the way it’s worded now is so vague. I could put do you think congress is ran well? yes/no/it could with changes, well duh dislike and changes are nearly the samething. That’s why people dislike it.

well, here is the 2 vote option. I think people generally dislike it, but dont’ make it too much a deal with it.

http://strawpoll.me/2537863/

And quite honestly, there are mainly only 2 complaint about it. Utility getting lock, and personal story getting lock. The other are more minor complaint about other things getting lock.

So any slight adjustment people’ll be happy.

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

When people say they hate it to me at least it feels like they want the old system back but I like the new rate of leveling in the current system the new reward system the way PS is tied in better with the leveling process. The wording in the poll is fine with me. The only thing I don’t like is the skill locks but that is just one portion of the overall leveling experience.

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

No, this is a actually a useful poll and not biased. I couldn’t have answered “no, I don’t like this change” as there are aspects about it, that I really do like (such as the personal story changes) and aspects that I loathe (gathering, pet control, weapon unlocks), but can be changed to make them a lot less annoying.

Let's Take a Vote

laokoko.7403

When people say they hate it to me at least it feels like they want the old system back but I like the new rate of leveling in the current system the new reward system the way PS is tied in better with the leveling process. The wording in the poll is fine with me. The only thing I don’t like is the skill locks but that is just one portion of the overall leveling experience.

Maybe the OP should reword his poll, how many people like things things getting level locked.

The OP was the one that dont’ like the trait lock, now he likes utility getting locked? I’m confused.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Than word it,

Dislike
N/A
Not sure yet

well, here is the 2 vote option. I think people generally dislike it, but dont’ make it too much a deal with it.

And quite honestly, there are mainly only 2 complaint about it. Utility getting lock, and personal story getting lock. The other are more minor complaint about other things getting lock.

I don’t think things are usually black and white such as this poll suggests. People can like parts and dislike other parts. So, where is the option for that?

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

Maybe the OP should reword his poll, how many people like things things getting level locked.

The OP was the one that dont’ like the trait lock, now he likes utility getting locked? I’m confused.

The wording is fine. It’s specific without being overly complicated.

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

The game is still prompting my level 5 to go to Blazeridge Steppes, apparently new challenges await me there. I base my leveling experience from there.

Let's Take a Vote

Sokia.3710

The game is still prompting my level 5 to go to Blazeridge Steppes, apparently new challenges await me there. I base my leveling experience from there.

There are also new challenges that await you in Frostgorge Sound.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

There are also new challenges that await you in Frostgorge Sound.

Yeah I know. I created a new character just to go through this leveling experience like a new player would so that I can give a more accurate feedback based on what is in the game now.

Let's Take a Vote

Sunshine.4680

The wording is fine. It’s specific without being overly complicated.

The wording has two negatives which are nearly the same thing but one sounds like “oh it’s not that big a deal, just a few lil bugs and such.” Well three counting hate. It should just be 4 simple options since dislike = changes need to made already.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Let me put it this way; I have zero interest in ever leveling up another char in GW2. Leveling prior to the April 15, 2014 patch was fun. Now it’s a PITA.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

a better poll would be

“which leveling system would you enjoy more?”

1) Pre – trait lock
2) NPE

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Than word it,

Dislike
N/A
Not sure yet

My only issue with the two vote option is that my only choices are yes I like it or no I dont like it. Neither applies because simply put it doesn’t affect me.

I do not like it so I am grouped with people who do dislike it even though I do not dislike it.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Than word it,

Dislike
N/A
Not sure yet

Doesn’t matter. Would be okay with some adjustments just means its NOT ok now.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Let's Take a Vote

Sokia.3710

Doesn’t matter. Would be okay with some adjustments just means its NOT ok now.

Like I said, 68% of people voted that the patch is not OK. So, that’s 68% of the people that responded to Vayne’s poll which he is trying to use to defend the current patch.

Yeah. Vayne is not being dishonest or misleading in any way. Nope. Not happening.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

The New Game Experience is justified.
Look at WoW, Rift, Star Wars Galaxies. They changed their game because their populations peaked.
GW2 is no exception.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Would be okay with some adjustments just means its NOT ok now.

Pretty much.

Hell might be OK with air conditioning, a snow cone machine, and cable. ; )

Let's Take a Vote

Leo Paul.1659

Would be okay with some adjustments just means its NOT ok now.

Pretty much.

Hell might be OK with air conditioning, a snow cone machine, and cable. ; )

LOL I know I would be ok with the patch if it included a snow cone machine.

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

ok so people better understand what I feel the OP was trying to detail

1) ok but needs changes (I like the new system but few things can be changed i.e skill locks)
2) I like system as is.
3) I don’t care
4) Don’t like changes
5) Hate it rage quit

Whole point of poll imo was so people stop trying to say that EVERYONE thinks the “sky is falling”

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Leo Paul.1659

He should’ve worded it better then. It’s silly to assume that someone would think that ABSOLUTELY every single person in the game hated the patch anyway.

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

He should’ve worded it better then. It’s silly to assume that someone would think that ABSOLUTELY every single person in the game hated the patch anyway.

If you look at the forums some people where trying to say just that. (ABSOLUTELY)

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Leo Paul.1659

If you look at the forums some people where trying to say just that. (ABSOLUTELY)

Hyperbolic vs categorical

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

All you have to do is look at the forums for proof of what I am saying. Look back when patch release to get an even better idea.

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Which is the argument being tried anyway – the patch was terrible and kills puppies and if you disagree you must be fanboy white knighting.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the poll is fine, what it means is that only 20% of the population likes/doesnt care.

This mean 80% of people are disatisfied.

thats really a large %

as far as with some changes, yeah, with some changes it would be fine.

remove skill locks, remove skill point locks, make personal story attemptable at any level.

i guess the problem with your poll is with some changes is a really vague statement.

edit:problem 2 is that he breaks disliking it into 3 categories, and liking it into 1. but eh, you can just add it up, and you see a pretty telling picture.

(edited by phys.7689)

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

80% of people not being satisfied with a change is relatively unheard of, and 10% of whats left doesnt care.

thats a really bad rate for people who like it.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

These changes are meant to attract new players and make them stay, because GW2 will be on trial from September 25 to October 1, 2014.

Considering this, what they did to leveling system(only) was valid. I absolutely hated camera thing(until they brought it back to normal),whatsoever.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g5aix/psa_you_can_register_trial_account_to_play_for/

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.