Lets talk about the new Gem conversion [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Whoa, this is bad. But, I think I’ve figured some of it out. In a word: China. In another word: NCSoft. At least it fits all the clues.

Think about how as one player put it “… Game has changed direction in the last 6 months…” Specifically:

o NPE – Who are these “New Players?” NA/EU is pretty well tapped. China is new.
o Common Code Tree – Why? To piggyback on the China devs work. Confirmed.
o Feature Patch – Leftovers from China rollout. Confirmed.
o Gem Store UI – " Make it easier to understand." For China.
o The Delay – Anet was freaked out by the China drop as well.
o Cmrd Tags – “Horrible version of the CDI!” China devs didn’t read it.
o Projected Profit – An after thought poorly integrated. China does not want it.
o Female Idle Animations – Breaks a Rule under China game codes.
o Repeated Content – Not to China.
o No Communication – Anet is in the dark too.

At least it makes a lot more sense. Anet isn’t that stoopid to make so many errors in design as have been rolled out the discussed timeframe. And if you think about it, it’s a pretty savvy business plan: NCSoft eats X% of NA/EU rage quitters but we were pretty tapped out anyway. They gain Y% of new China players they can re-sell old content to and get access to cheap China Devs who never see our forums. Result: Z% Won increased profit. The main purpose of a business is to return value to it’s shareholders. Bingo!

Then after NCSoft realizes they will lose more than X% of the NA/EU players they green light a fix by Anet. Once again there is Joy in Whoville.

I’m not sure of how I feel about it all. When the China roll out was announced I was kinda excited to think we’d all be in the same World game. Looks like we are and that comes with a cost.

I know everybody is pretty upset right now but again we’ll get a little tweak to make things right. I’d expect more of this in the future. Looking forward this means more resources resulting in a healthier game. Meanwhile, Anet mostly in the form of Gaile are left to scramble dealing with a fire that could have been avoided.

The deal is if we knew about it we might say “Yea.” We have had a lot of good things happen lately. Welcome to 21st century gaming… Smile and be as Happy as You Can.

Of course their metrics are based on the Chinese market, and guess what: they played the game because they had no other option, and if there happen to be more players in China than in NA/EU, it’s normal we get screwed.

Everything buggy we’ve had so far is a copy of the Chinese game, the “metrics”… That’s how I understand it, due to the lack of transparency.

So, as many said, subscription fee coming in Nov., and by 2015 you’ll only have access to the warrior class, and each class should be unlocked for 401 gems each.

Tbh, if a sub/vip thing does so up (and at this point yeah, I fully expect) we all may as well move to FF14. I hear they give a kitten about their player base.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

They simplified the system solely to insult you. All devs are now tweeting around your post to show their success and are tempted to throw a little bash to rub it in even more. -end sarcasm-

The only thing that ever crossed my mind when I saw the new gold -> gem interface was; miauw, I only need 200, followed by thinking it is a clever move from a business perspective because yes, I will just get the 400. Some customers will think twice now about exchanging gold -> gems, but the majority will either just over-purchase gems, be easily tempted into getting something ‘just’ to get rid of their extra gems (because just turning them into gold isn’t as easy anymore either,) few months later, new item gets introduced, rinse and repeat. A bit disappointed at first, but then I realize I’m playing a game, made by a company, for a rather small investment of ~30-50 euros, and they simply made a (probably) smart business move.

It’d never even cross my mind that this system is solely introduced to insult my mental capabilities.

As for their leveling system, I hate it how it is now, but that’s because I experienced a change that doesn’t benefit me. I’ve not heard anyone who purchased the game after it was introduced complaining it was too simplified. Met quite a few people that were completely new to MMOs still being rather confused. So likely, I was wrong, and it was a good change. I can’t even remember the very first time I played games, I must have been so clueless.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

#GemGate2k14 #OccupyLA

lol but in all seriousness, now stop it, rollback or update, i dont think this is something that people are gonna put up with for a long period of time

If I recall Guild Wars 1, had an LA Occupation (protesting something I do not recall now) at one point in its history or so the rumor goes.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Mr Snotty Pants.3980

Mr Snotty Pants.3980

goodness, want to see a new post just press F5.

Just remember Gaile is a person.

She’s the public face of what looks like an attempt to swindle folks out of cash. Not an enviable position.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

She’s the public face of what looks like an attempt to swindle folks out of cash. Not an enviable position.

Where do people come up with all this kitten?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Sanadar.8327

Sanadar.8327

So if i wanna transfer to another server now i have to pay 80 golds instead of just 20 -30g? meaning i buy 1600 gems cash from store and just 200 with gold which was around 25 gold the last time i checked which was last monday soooooooo yeah anet, i will say this move is just plain stupid from your part especially when WoW expansion is just around the corner and people like me are looking for an excuse to play it, nice way to keep your current player base up, oh btw i got a friend that recently join gw2 and he totally disagree with the nonsense gem store change just because now he has to throw 80g that he doesn’t have to buy the phantom mask good job anet, do some surveys in the future before u do stupid things like this one.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

You are clearly the posterboy for confused new player.

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

so are we, but here we are and look at how they treated us. we are like a bunch of monkeys with no brain who have a lot of $$ to them. so what is your point?

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

Extremely disappointed with the direction of the game. I was involved with GW2 since before the beta, but it failed to captivate me then, came back for 4 months to give it a chance – after burning through the newer content (revamped Tequatl, Triple Trouble, Aetherpath), I find nothing appealing about GW2.

Perhaps it’s time for ANet to focus on veteran player retention, but given the release history and the recent focus on the Chinese market, I don’t expect veteran player retention efforts to begin in earnest until Q2 2015.

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

The only other option I would be satisfied with this change, is that from now on, they add ingame ways to acquire gemstore items.

The hexed outfit reward during this halloween is a good move.
If this is the intention, say so.

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

I don’t believe this is an attempt to swindle players out of money – it really doesn’t look like that if you look at the experience of someone giving Anet money for gold right now.

Say I want to buy 800 gems and exchange it to gold, here is the process:

• Buy 800 gems for real money
  • Click 100 G
  • Click 1G
  • Click 1G
  • Click 1G
  • Click 1G
  • Click 1G
  • Click 1G
  • Click 1G
  • Feel sad about the few left over gems that you can’t turn into gold

It’s not exactly streamlined.

You can’t argue that they’ve made this interface bad because it encourages people to pay real money for gold when the experience for them is far far worse under the new UI as well. It’s clearly a case of incompetence and not malice. What ever they were trying to achieve with the new UI, they completely failed and it’s a massive indictment of their QA process that they managed to go live with something this bad.

(edited by Chalky.8540)

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

So, just incompetence? Poor foresight?

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

There is a simple fix to this issue:

Leave the current denominations as is but also give the players a more advance option which allows us to manually enter the exact value as below.

This way, the newer players can continue to use this new system and the veterans who are already familiar with the old can be unaffected by the change.
Also since the old system should not require any re-work this should not be any extra effort. Just add a button in the current UI and have it direct back to the old UI page and vice versa.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Ultimately I’m not a huge gem shopper because I don’t need much… But I know I spend more than most of my guildies ($40-$60) every couple of months and especially during festivals. However as listed above I don’t save the excess I trade it for gold.

If you won’t change the system back, at least make it less likely to get random gems (I.E. from buying keys/ other awkward priced items).

Truthfully I’m not bothered enough that I won’t buy more gems… But there’s 23 pages of people who are, please listen to them Anet. Please don’t chase off more people.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I was formerly a defender of Anet for their weird, irrational decisions as of late. But this one screams of nothing but greed.

How?
Did they somehow remove the ability to buy gems with gold?

I have the best solution for this whole “issue”! Lets simply remove gold to gems altogether then we would never have this discussion. Keep in mind that people are already shouting that ArenaNet is greedy and only does this to force people to buy gems with real money. So why not actually do exactly what people claim and outright remove the ability to get gems via gold?

How to completely miss the whole point of the issue… the more you post in this thread the more “clueless” you make yourself look.. sorry if that is harsh but how does removing gems sale/exchange from the game help anyone including ANET.

The issue is the tiers they have now pushed into the conversion stream and taken away a players freedom to purchase what they can afford at the time.
This will likely now have 2 outcomes.. players wont bother to use it out of principal or players will use it less often than they used to because the tiers kind force you to wait and save… and the items they wanted to purchase is no longer available or not on sale.

If you can purchase gold in tiers of 1, 10,50 etc.. why is it so hard to purchase gems the same way… there was nothing wrong before the patch, its merely another NPE smokescreen in order to try and encourage more gems sales, nothing more nothing less… why they are doing this is, I guess someone, somewhere came up with the logic, but we will never know.

But bottom line is.. will this encourage more sales or discourage more.. I personally think it will discourage (myself included)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Whomever is pulling the strings on the economy needs to have his authority reduced. Purposefully making us over buy gems is cheap to the point of a slap in the face.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

so are we, but here we are and look at how they treated us. we are like a bunch of monkeys with no brain who have a lot of $$ to them. so what is your point?

Too illustrate; “Don’t blame the innocent hostage, shoot the criminal!”, it should not be too hard to go down the list of employees in the various departments, right now that person(s) are hiding behind someone whose creditably and integrity is being challenged through no fault of there own.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

It’s working as intended. There’s no way it’s a bug.

How is it no way it’s a bug? It is fully possible that it could be missing a part of the trading and so on.

I am not saying that it must be a bug, but it is quite silly that the forums explode every single time something is changed without even thinking about if it is actually working as intended or not.

Look this is a circular argument that lets you conveniently take whichever side of the argument you favor.

You have to assume it’s working as intended because it was released as such. Until ANet actually confirms it’s a bug, then it’s a feature.

Do you expect every forum poster to say “this sux unless it’s a bug” for every complaint?

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Sanadar.8327

Sanadar.8327

There is a simple fix to this issue, leave the current denominations as is but also give the players a more advance option which allows us to manually enter the exact value as below.

This way, the newer players can continue to use this new system and the veterans who are already familiar with the old can be unaffected by the change.

I was about to say exactly that, if you guys really wanna satisfied both new and veterans players leave the new system up and bring the other one as an advance system for veterans players, everyone knows the exact intentions of the change u don’t have to use the “new player” excuse to hide from the truth i found that very greedy, i expected this move from publishers like Activision and EA and not from NCSoft.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Tbh, Krall, I think you emphasized the wrong part. Since the lowest increment is 400, and last night that meant over 75g to buy ANY gems with in-game money, how can you say it’s nonsense to believe that this would motivate someone to just pay cash for gems now, rather than save up gold? Remember, this is supposedly to make it simpler for new players. New players hardly have any gold.

With all due respect to Gaile, I really appreciated seeing her name come out after the Sept. patch fiasco. I thought that it meant a lot that Anet cared enough to put one of their most beloved representatives out there to smooth things over. However, after seeing bad idea, after bad idea implemented and excused by “metrics” and “simplification for new players,” I am thoroughly disgusted, and my cynical side says that she was brought to the table simply to pacify us. I hate seeing players screaming ragequit/digustquit, but I must admit, I am really getting soured by these experiences with changes that are uncalled for at best, and manipulating at worst.

With all respect for the devs, I know they put a lot of time and effort into these changes, but I completely disagree with so many of the directions they have been instructed to go.

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

I don’t believe this is an attempt to swindle players out of money – it really doesn’t look like that if you look at the experience of someone giving Anet money for gold right now.

I wouldn’t use the word “swindle” either, but the reduction in agency over gem purchases serves a strategic goal of increasing gem purchases with money.

This is accomplished by exhausting the Gold savings on surplus gems created by the this tier system. Essentially the system is making people spend all their gold now on gems they don’t need. Also, because the conversion rate is tied to the volume of conversion, that gold is being exhausted very quickly as you are getting the worst gem for your gold right now.

This is possibly why the gem conversion rate is unprecedently high and climbing at a similarly unprecedented rate. People are buying too much gems for more gold than it’s ever cost because they must buy at least 400. This will leave less gold in the pockets of players and the intention from that is that they will buy gems with $.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

So just logged in and took a look it’s $200-300 for a pay to win Legendary. Looked through the preview option that they’ve added since I last really played. Gawd those models look old and dated. How about MAYBE $20 maybe.

Pay to win with a legendary, really? You do know that legendary weapons have the exact same stats as ascended right? Most people in this game (that did not start recently) have ascended gear and weapons, so how is a legendary pay to win?

If you are to complain about something, then at least get your facts straight first. There is nothing special about legendary weapons stat wise, only difference is that you can swap the stats on it when out of combat and they have nice graphics. How ever you can also swap ascended weapons when out of combat, so left is graphics. And last time i checked noone wins anything with graphics

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

I remember the good old days when converting gold to gems was so cheap. The conversion rate is starting to get prohibitively expensive.

Posted by: Phil.7903

Phil.7903

This sucks. I was gonna buy devil horns, but now I wont.

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Too illustrate; “Don’t blame the innocent hostage, shoot the criminal!”, it should not be too hard to go down the list of employees in the various departments, right now that person(s) are hiding behind someone whose creditably and integrity is being challenged through no fault of there own.

3 days ago I asked of Gaile to bring the decision maker Mike O Brien to an important thread. Not only did I receive 0 reply, but I was hurriedly and quickly deleted for even typing his name.

That is called: “fault of their own”.

And I haven’t even begun on patronizing forum-communications some players have written about (not even me).

P.S. I don’t buy gems with money. There is currently no timeframe if this will change :-)

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

The whole system of tier payments like this are designed for just that. It’s entire purpose is to ensure a high chance of the customer having left over, useless gems. The goal in such a situation is that it will further entice them to spend more so that they can actually use said gems. Riot, owners of League of Legends, do the exact same thing.

This has nothing to do with making it more simple to use. Instead Anet is using these magical myths about new players who can’t even tie their own shoe laces in a attempt to justify these rather insulting changes lately.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

I don’t see why millions of people have to “suffer” because some “new” players could not spend 5 minutes to ask around and learn the system (The amount of time is obviously less than that…)

I also find kinda “odd” that this change is to help new players, when the minimum amount of gems they can buy requires 75 gold…

So if you want “real suggestion and feedback”, please add a custom amount option below the current fixed ones, for the “not that dumb people”…

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Did you see my post about pomeranians? It’s the same thing.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I don’t see why millions of people have to “suffer” because some “new” players could not spend 5 minutes to ask around and learn the system (The amount of time is obviously less than that…)

I also find kinda “odd” that this change is to help new players, when the minimum amount of gems they can buy requires 75 gold…

So if you want “real suggestion and feedback”, please add a custom amount option below the current fixed ones, for the “not that dumb people”…

Good point. What new player has amassed 75 gold? If you have 75 gold, you are not new. Honestly, Ive done the farming and all that jaz, took me several months to get up to about 100. And at that time I had probably 500hours+ hours played.

Whats the next lie or excuse, arenanet?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Can anyone spell out what sort of projected losses Anet can expect from moving the minimum gold to gem transactions to something lower? What sort of losses were they taking already? How do we as consumers know what the losses and gains are for suggestions to lower the minimum gold to gem transactions? Do we feel that knowing or not knowing this particular question is relevant to the discussion? I’m all for suggestions on making the system we have better but I think if we want to be let in on all of the decision making for financial matters (as some players seem to be suggesting), I feel we should be somewhat informed on the science of financial forecasting. Like I said earlier, if we aren’t, then we are just asking companies to eat losses for our own gain, which can be a good or bad thing depending.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

GW2Spidey is broken … look here :
https://www.gw2tp.com/gems

Spidey may a little borked, potentially, but the massive increase in cost does not tally with previous event increase in gem price. We are talking here about about a 5-8 gold price increase for 100 gems between yesterday and today. There has never, to my knowledge, been any event that has had that sort of gem price increase, and it comes right when they change they layout?

I think ArenaNet has manually changed the average price when they released the patch, potentially to encourage people to buy more gems with rl money, trusting that the change in UI and the lack of detailed graph information would inhibit many players from noticing.

I have seen these jumps before and while sometimes they could be explained by a patch (new rewards people where interested in) what never could be explained was why it then not really dropped back down again.

If I look at my personal gold income that has been stable ever since one gold got yout about 50 gems. Not it was something like 6 (well before this patch).

So I do expect Anet to increase that average once in a while. Of course I can’t be sure.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Anet have revealed themselves to be the villains people like me warned you about.

I’m going back to single player games and mario kart until Star Citizen releases.

Posted by: Erebus.3897

Erebus.3897

The inflation for conversion gold2gems is too high, and the algorithm used to drive said conversion is obscure and unknown. this makes the gold2gems conversion innadequate for new players.

Unless that is you use the [Legendary MasterCard] and the [Gift of Credit] to buy stuff

GreedWars2

Commander Gladius Deum [ART]
Gate of Madness

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This has probably been pointed out, but I am not reading through them all just to make sure.

Yes, I’m a veteran player. Yes, I dislike this change for the little I use it immensely, and here is why. I bought gems with gold to either even out gems to a more round number, or to give me just enough to buy an item. What I mean is this, and sorry if it sounds like a confusing math problem: You budget yourself no more than 800 gems a month. You really want to buy 2 new limited time items, but they are 450 each. Under the old system, all you had to do was exchange for 100 gems, and you could get both. Under the new system, you are forced to exchange for 400 gems, when you only want 100.

Or you buy a lot of gems and go on a little spending spree, and somehow are left with 645 gems. There is really nothing else you want or need, until a new outfit comes out. And one does, which you just must have, and it works for every one of your characters, and you are certain you will not need any new outfits again. Problem is, it costs 700 gems, and your choices are: buy More gems in increments of 800 via card/paypal (or 1200 from a gem card from say gamestop), or convert 400 gems worth of gold. Under both scenarios you will have leftover gems that you have no further use for, since you already bought everything you want, and this outfit works so well you won’t be buying any more. Under the old system though, you could have gotten 55 gems and solved that problem with only a few gold.

And I feel sorry for someone that prefers, or feels the need, to have a nice even number.

Want a suggestion? Give us an advanced tab to choose an amount, in increments of 1 gem to buy OR sell. Quit dumbing down things to the point they are useless or ruin things for veteran players. Yes you need to keep new players, but if you do so at the cost of alienating veteran players from so many aspects of the game, you will be doing far more harm.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

Anet have revealed themselves to be the villains people like me warned you about.

I’m going back to single player games and mario kart until Star Citizen releases.

You know it’s bad when someone implies Star Citizen is less money grabbing than your game.

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

This is a disgraceful, money-grabbing ploy! Come on Arenanet..

I only need 50 gems but I gotta buy 400? I don’t even have enough gold for that.

Allow us to pick our own amounts… why break a perfectly fine system?

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

“it’s just business nothing personal…”

By the way, where are the forum mobs today?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Actually the thing that irritated me more than anything was scapegoating the new players as a reason for it all. How many new players have 85 gold to buy gems with to begin with, it took me months and months to get to that point. Frankly I’m rather fed up with the whole Nexon monetization push and I am having a very hard time with the blatant disrespect of having to swallow this kind of explanation.
I’m sorry but there needs to be some serious changes in how things are being laid out because frankly that dog don’t hunt.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

GW2Spidey is broken … look here :
https://www.gw2tp.com/gems

Spidey may a little borked, potentially, but the massive increase in cost does not tally with previous event increase in gem price. We are talking here about about a 5-8 gold price increase for 100 gems between yesterday and today. There has never, to my knowledge, been any event that has had that sort of gem price increase, and it comes right when they change they layout?

I think ArenaNet has manually changed the average price when they released the patch, potentially to encourage people to buy more gems with rl money, trusting that the change in UI and the lack of detailed graph information would inhibit many players from noticing.

I have seen these jumps before and while sometimes they could be explained by a patch (new rewards people where interested in) what never could be explained was why it then not really dropped back down again.

If I look at my personal gold income that has been stable ever since one gold got yout about 50 gems. Not it was something like 6 (well before this patch).

So I do expect Anet to increase that average once in a while. Of course I can’t be sure.

What makes the Gold to Gem conversion rate go down is when people convert Gems to Gold. That’s the seesaw those rates operate on. If there’s no real reason for people to do that, the Gold to Gem rate remains relatively stable or increases. There are people converting Gems to Gold but not nearly at the same rate as those converting Gold to Gems. You could argue that the minimum 800 Gem purchase had something to do with that. That also made converting Gold to Gems much more attractive when you think about it. Also, Anet hasn’t released a ton of Gold sinks in game that compelled people are willing to buy large amounts of gold for. In conclusion, there are reasons for the Gold to Gem price remaining stable or not dropping a whole lot.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Also really dissapointed by this change. I feel it is really imporatnt that as customer I am able to aquire the exact number of gems needed to buy a item on the gemstore. I agree with the suggestions made already, either:

1) Include a field on the new UI where we can specify a custom number of gems/gold
2) Revert back to the old UI
3) Provide an option to toggle between the old and new UI

I believe in being a responsible consumer and I just can’t bring myself to buy gems anymore as it might be used as a metric to show support for this change.

You know, this is so typical of arenanet. Launch something that they know will create flame and rage. They will let us rant and rave on the forums, ask for our feedback, and then do very little about it. Once the crying and raging has died down, they go back to business as usual.

They did this with fractals, ascended gear, megaservers, living story stuffs, and now this. Its so typical and we MUST expect this sort of thing. Theres a reason NCSoft has the rep they have in the industry and sadly this trickles down to the developer(arenanet). Arenanet will soon have this sort of stigma attached to them if they don’t already…the stigma of impulsive additions to wait and see how we react and they KNOW how we will react.

My question is: Why tinker with a system that is tied so closely with consumer behavior to spend real money. This has only angered a lot of people and has done very little good. These people that are upset are less likely to spend money in your gem store. Why risk it?

Yeah it’s something I also noticed before. And I do wonder if they think there-self that if the complains of the forums die out that people really don’t have the complains anymore?

Like the megaservers for example. The fact that the complains have gone down is not because the problems are gone. Sure we have leaned better ways to work around the problems but we still have the problems of it. The reason we are not complaining about it on the forums anymore is because we already said what there way to say about it and then it’s Anet’s turn. (not fixing it just results in – points for them)

But they seem to be oke with it. So they think the ending of the complains means the problems are gone and people are just raging at a change just because it’s new and they will be fine with it when they get used to it (What is not the case with bad changes).

Thats also the excuse many people without good arguments use to defend any bad change (people just don’t like it because it’s new).

Or do they understand people still have all those same problems but they simply don’t care?

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

Allright now.

The changes are definitely another step in the wrong direction, but when I first saw it, I thought to myself: “Meh, not the best news in the world, but I’ll manage, I’ll adjust. They are a business after all”.
But the answer given to the playerbase to why these changes were made is the biggest load of crap I have heard in quite a along time.
Do you really think your players are that kittened? Seriously, one cannot succumb to not ranting after treating your playerbase like a bunch of slack jawed gas huffers who are unable to press more than a number “1” key or navigate through one of the simplest UIs provided for the, said, players.
First the “New Player Experience” patch, where you basically simplify the leveling process to a point a where I think my little 2 year old cousin can blitz through.
And now, this change. Devs, it’s okay to say: “We are a business, we have to earn money in one way or another.” But for the love of God, STOP thinking your playerbase is so stupid, that they can’t find a way to handle a simple UI & see through your bullcrap explanations for making changes such as this one.

Non rant suggeation: Combine old & new systems together. Add a slider at the bottom of the both conversion sides, and allow players to convert the amouts they themselves wish to.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

lordkrall.7241

It is also rather funny with these threads since they bring back all those people that shouted about how they quit several months if not years ago.

I suppose that shows that some people are simply complaining for the sake of complaining.

Just to make it clear (as I have done earlier but people seem to ignore it because I am not raging) I do not like the new chance as it currently stands.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Seriously…is this what the secrecy has been about for the past few months?
Why wasn’t the resources used to create content instead of milking the gem store?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

I feel if i post something im gonna get infracted again :P so ill just sey return the old system back pls and i feel the gold was nerfed converting to gems a bit

Posted by: Machupo.1095

Machupo.1095

Incredible ! If you want money , give us a real extension. I won’t spend anymore money for gem.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

It is also rather funny with these threads since they bring back all those people that shouted about how they quit several months if not years ago.

I suppose that shows that some people are simply complaining for the sake of complaining.

Just to make it clear (as I have done earlier but people seem to ignore it because I am not raging) I do not like the new chance as it currently stands.

Just because people still post on the forums doesn’t mean they haven’t quit.

lordkrall.7241

Just because people still post on the forums doesn’t mean they haven’t quit.

Oh, I know. I just find it funny how they always turn up when it comes to controversial changes and threads like these.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

This update to conversion screams “WE WANT YOUR MONEY!” There was nothing difficult about the old system: we typed in how much gold or gems we wanted to convert, and we were shown what that would amount to in the new currency. I have a friend who is a new player, and she had no trouble converting gold given to her to enough gems to transfer servers. Where is all of this “new player confusion” coming from? A little less than two years ago, I was a new player- and look at me! I have spent at least $1000 on gems with no trouble converting back and forth.

My typical gem use is something like:
Oh, I need a bank tab! 600 gems, hmmm… I guess I’ll buy 800, then convert the other 200 to gold. Or maybe I’ll keep the 200 gems and convert enough gold to get me 50 more to purchase 5 black lion keys. And I can’t tell you how many times I have spent $35 instead of $20, with the intent to simply turn the excess gems to gold.

You are making things very difficult for me, a veteran player! I wanted to buy 5 black lion keys for 450 gems last night. I was ready to give you my money for 400 gems, then convert the other 50 from gold… until I saw that I couldn’t. I do not like being left with straggler gems. I always convert them to gold. I can’t help it, I have OCD about these things. In the end, you got none of my money and I exited the gem store with a sour taste.

If you are going to keep this structure, please allow us to buy appropriate denominations. Black lion keys and outfits are extremely popular purchases from my circle of friends. Most outfits are 700 gems and keys are 125 each or 5/425. If I could buy gems in those increments, I would easily spend the money. If you brought the old UI back, I would easily buy more gems than I needed. Ultimately, you will see reduced gem purchases from me because I can no longer use my money, gems, and gold as I wish.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

While there is a lot of hyperbole and hate in this thread, it is nice to see that alot of people responding are doing so in a civil manner.

Threads like this are extremely important and its important for players to remember that level headed discourse is more productive and likely to be read than hate and vitriol.

Hopefully, Anet will see that as opportunity to prove they really listen to players and either revert or, better yet, keep the current system, but put in a button that allows us to use the older, much more flexible gem acquisition system (which would address the issue of player confusion, but still allow us to access the greater functionality afforded by the old method).

And again, it is good to see so many keeping things civil and level headed. Let’s keep this thread alive and make sure the devs know this is something pretty much everyone that uses the gem store cares about.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Wow, even Vayne is on ‘our’ side. Guys, change it, add content and some interesting boss tactics. I recently played a Console shooter MMO (I guess you know what). There is a raid that I did with some others and I just remember how good cooperative gameplay can be with interesting boss tactics AND NO GOD FORSAKEN GEM SHOP!!!!!

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong