Magic Find [merged]

Magic Find [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

What is going to happen to recipes? Ones that you can buy or ones that we have learned? Are they going to be adjusted or disappear?

I believe the developer in this thread indicated they would be changed to produce a new stat combo.

EDIT:

I am sorry you had a bad experience in your former job. Here our developers actually talk to us and give us information we need. So what I am posting here is coming straight from the people working on the changes.

To answer a few more questions:

• If you currently have listed an item with MF on the Trading Post, they will be returned to you, as they become account bound.
  • Upgrade components that currently give MF bonus will be updated with new functionality.
  • All existing drops and crafting recipes that have created Magic Find gear will be replaced with new stat combos.

The recipe will be changed? Ok I will scroll through I do not remember reading about it.
So will sellable recipes become account bound or just be changed and still available to place on the trading post?

Edit- This is for the actual recipe not the item it makes. In case there was any confusion.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The recipe will be changed? Ok I will scroll through I do not remember reading about it.
So will sellable recipes become account bound or just be changed and still available to place on the trading post?

Edit- This is for the actual recipe not the item it makes. In case there was any confusion.

My guess is that since all the recipe does is “unlock” the ability to craft an item, the recipe item itself will not need to be changed. If you’ve got the recipe items in your inventory they should not become account bound since it is the item you craft that has Magic Find on it, not the recipe.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Okay, ANet… We’ve got over 500 responses on this topic, so you obviously didn’t address this whole thing properly. Now that you’ve seen our questions and concerns, do you have any updates for us?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Okay, ANet… We’ve got over 500 responses on this topic, so you obviously didn’t address this whole thing properly. Now that you’ve seen our questions and concerns, do you have any updates for us?

Considering the sudden silence after a couple quick responses, my guess is either they have no answers or they are rushing back to the drawing board. That, or they’re apathetic.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Still waiting for that blog post…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Is the ‘hunters’ stat set a typo? Or is it a new stat set with only power and precision?

Edit:
Also there still is no clarification as to whether or not the ‘crafted sets’ to choose from will include craftable sets like the new ones you are implementing and previous (now rare to obtain) sets like sentinels and apothecaries etc…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

That new craft grind for ascended weapons really does not feel like it’ll set me hugely back in my quest for a legendary! Ascended items were supposed to be a stepping stone to bridge the game between exotics and legendaries, but now it feels like it’ll be a stumbling block instead.

How many exotics on average do we need to salvage to get enough Dark Matter to craft one ascended weapon? That’s some important information here :/

(edited by stof.9341)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Nice to see how they completely avoided to talk about celestial items in that whole article.
Also, nothing about trinkets “of winter”, too.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Why oh why are you time-gating, on a per-account basis, ascended weapons that are bound to us? This really hurts alt-a-holics who have multiple characters to equip. I just don’t get why you would need to slow the creation of bound ascended gear that much… unless you changed your mind and we’ll be able to sell our creations?

(edited by BilboBaggins.5620)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lovebane.1658

Lovebane.1658

Does this mean that the floor magic find is
300% (EXP) + (+% Achievements Account Bonus) + (Consumables Etc)
or is it
(EXP + Account Bonus AKA 300% Maximum Only) + (Consumables Etc)

[sarcasm] After seeing the farming problem with this current event, it would seem that this MF change is the perfect compliment to Farm Wars 2. [/sarcasm]

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Haven’t read the blog post yet, but in the live stream the dev said that the kit quality effects the magic find drop rate. That means the infinite salvage kit is now completely useless (and it was arguably useless before).

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Silent Polaris.9301

Silent Polaris.9301

Have we heard anything about what will happen to the Wayfarer’s trinkets you could buy with karma at Melandru? Will those turn into the “click and select a new stat”?

Silent Polaris – Level 80 Ranger – Henge of Denravi

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

And its confirmed, all my mf barring 20% poof into thin air….

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Is the ‘hunters’ stat set a typo? Or is it a new stat set with only power and precision?

Edit:
Also there still is no clarification as to whether or not the ‘crafted sets’ to choose from will include craftable sets like the new ones you are implementing and previous (now rare to obtain) sets like sentinels and apothecaries etc…

Pillaging only has two stats so I don’t see why there would be an issue with Hunter’s having only two stats.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

re: the livesteam

Is every player going to get [Essence of Magic] to “give you about 20% magic find” regardless of whether we have any magic find gear? Or is it tied in some way to the amount of magic find gear we have currently?

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Typo in the last Paragraph.

Magic Find [merged]

Lucky.9421

Do you guys need an editor? I will do it for gems.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

Has anyone heard what happens to existing MF items held in a guild bank?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ratche.6204

ratche.6204

Let me save you the trouble of reading the blog fellow players… basically it says “hey guys you know that MF stuff you spent laurels, commendations, gold, and crafting materials on? yeah it’s worthless now and you’re getting nothing back. hahaha hahaha hahaha”

Magic Find [merged]

Lucky.9421

^^^Zerk and sentinel gear is worth more than MF gear usually. Knight’s too I think.

Or will the transformed pieces be soulbound still? That would suck.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

Will kit quality affect the chance of salvaging essence of luck?

Also, since there will be a good reason to salvage greens now, will you please get rid of the confirmation dialog when doing so?

Xander Moss
Gandara

(edited by eremos.8142)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: pokikon.6834

pokikon.6834

What about MF in celestial stats? Will it be replaced with other stat or just removed? I don’t want to change my celestial set for something different.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

So you guys are holding firm on the Celestial bull**** move? I noticed it was conveniently not mentioned at all. Heck, based on that article, it looks more like Celestial is just plain gone after update.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Thanks. I still have some questions that weren’t answered, or that are new based on that.

Q: On salvaging blue/green items, will the type of salvage kit used matter for the drop rate of these Essences of Luck? More pointedly, did the 800 gems I spent on the copper fed salvage machine from the gem store just go to waste?

Q: On giving everyone enough to get to 20% MF, how will this interact with MF from achievement points? Specifically, I already have 7% MF from account bonuses due to achievements. Do I get enough so that I’ll get to 27%?

Q: On 300% max MF, does that include or exclude consumable bonuses? If I have 260%, would the booster from the gem store bump me to 300%, or 310%?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Darkmorphos.1530

Darkmorphos.1530

Thanks. I still have some questions that weren’t answered, or that are new based on that.

Q: On salvaging blue/green items, will the type of salvage kit used matter for the drop rate of these Essences of Luck? More pointedly, did the 800 gems I spent on the copper fed salvage machine from the gem store just go to waste?

Yes the type of salvage kit will matter. EDIT: No the type of salvage kit won’t matter! ^^ Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic-Useless/first#post2736640

Q: On giving everyone enough to get to 20% MF, how will this interact with MF from achievement points? Specifically, I already have 7% MF from account bonuses due to achievements. Do I get enough so that I’ll get to 27%?

I believe you’ll get enough to get to a total of 27% mf.

Q: On 300% max MF, does that include or exclude consumable bonuses? If I have 260%, would the booster from the gem store bump me to 300%, or 310%?

I was wondering the same thing ^^

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsjhbHQEzDQ

(edited by Darkmorphos.1530)

Magic Find [merged]

Wallace MacBix.2089

1) In the live stream the dev (missed her name) said in passing that kit quality will effect the MF item drop (so yes, you and I both wasted our gems on that now worthless basic kit).
Edit: Woops, kit quality does not effect the Essence of Luck drops.
2&3) good questions, and I assume for 2 you’ll go to 27% (based on the words “all current players will receive enough luck to get to +20% magic find.”), and for 3 I’m not sure, but it’d be nice if it was the latter

(edited by Wallace MacBix.2089)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Sorry about the confusion folks! Curtis and I examined how everything is set up and the type of salvage kit does NOT affect the amount of Essence of Luck that you get. Please do enjoy your Copper-fed Salvage-O-Matic without any fears of it not giving you the standard amount of Essence of Luck that any salvage kit will produce! – Linsey Murdock

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic-Useless/first#post2736640

Quality of kit does not effect getting Essences of Luck.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Vyral.4365

Vyral.4365

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item. … For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.

This statement still seems a bit unnecessarily vague. Explorer’s is stated to be swappable to any other crafting stat. Does this mean just the original crafting types (Berserker, Valkyrie, Rampager, Knight, Carrion, Cleric)? Include apothecary, sentinel, and celestial as well? What about Giver’s? Based on the use of the word “any” I would assume all of these.

What are the conditions that determine which stat choices are available to choose for other gear? Explorer’s is a crafted stat combo, and it has been stated that it can be changed to stat combos that can be crafted. What about dropped Traveler’s gear? Similarly, it seems as if available stat combos should include any combo that can otherwise be found on drops within the game. If I have wayfarer’s trinkets from the temple karma merchant, should I only be able to expect to change them to stat combos that are otherwise available from temple karma merchants?

It would be nice to have some clarification on this.

And on that last point, has anyone seen any mention regarding what stats Wayfarer’s will be replaced with?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

So what’s going to happen to Opals (the raw crafting and exquisite types)? I didn’t see any information on them, only the runes and sigils.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Vyral.4365

Vyral.4365

So what’s going to happen to Opals (the raw crafting and exquisite types)? I didn’t see any information on them, only the runes and sigils.

I figured Opals would get switched to Assassin’s stats.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

its confusing as raw opals are an upgrade component that drops, i doubt they would have them be + all stats like runes then change to assassins when made exquisite as even when crafted they are still an upgrade component, so that really needs clarification

still no idea whats happening to medallions/crests, same as runes or same as drops?

are we basically out a rune/ gem set due to this change. or is there some other form of compensation for runes/gems already in Armour?

also which of the ascended crafting things can i sell, as i have 0 interest in climbing the vertical progression ladder

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Jomo.3914

Jomo.3914

Just got done reading the blog post and I am very disappointed. Since the original notice of a change coming to magic find they guaranteed the players that those who had spent their resources on magic find items would be compensated so as have a minimal disruption. I see no compensation. If all my magic find armor and weapons are going to become something else I want that magic find I had put towards the new system in some way. Because guess what, everyone who has magic find armor and weapons either:

1. likes their combo just fine the way it is and to add new stat combos to it will just throw their set off
or
2. Have a second set of armor that is used for situations where more heavy hitting stats are required.

Both groups are going to find themselves slack jawed and scrambling to figure out what to do with their now use less (and that is use less not useless) MF items. Please developers, consider giving a 1% to 10% bonus for each piece of modified equipment and weapon that falls under the “being changed to not have MF” either when it is salvaged or when it is converted to a new set of stats. Or at the very least make it so there is a guaranteed “essence of luck” gained by salvaging all items that once had MF on them. This way those that have cared about MF and spent hard earned resources to get it are not left out in the cold come Sept. 3.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Let me make sure I understand this…

Explorer’s give Magic Find, Power, and Precision and it’ll be Assassin’s which is Precision Power, and Crit Damage.

Traveler’s give Magic Find, Power, and Condition Damage, but it’ll be change to Dire which is Condition Damage, Toughness, and Vitality.

Wayfarer’s give Magic Find, Toughness, and Vitality currently, yet no change to this.

If the new Assassin’s was based from Explorer’s, why is Dire not based from Wayfarer’s? And if it was suppose to be Wayfarer’s, then what’s Traveler’s going to be change to?

Magic Find [merged]

Wallace MacBix.2089

Both groups are going to find themselves slack jawed and scrambling to figure out what to do with their now use less (and that is use less not useless) MF items. Please developers, consider giving a 1% to 10% bonus for each piece of modified equipment and weapon that falls under the “being changed to not have MF” either when it is salvaged or when it is converted to a new set of stats. Or at the very least make it so there is a guaranteed “essence of luck” gained by salvaging all items that once had MF on them. This way those that have cared about MF and spent hard earned resources to get it are not left out in the cold come Sept. 3.

Yep, I need to figure out what to do with my MF set, before Tues, considering I already have my dungeon gear. But the down side with your suggestion, considering they have yet to lock magic find gear crafting or selling people are already going out to craft exotic gear so they can get a cheaper zerker set. If they had announced something like giving each gear +1% or something, anyone with any money (or saved up mats) would go and craft/buy as many as they could and get to 300% MF on day 1. And since they have no way of knowing when the gear was crafted they’re just giving the +20% to all current players (yay?).

Do I feel completely compensated, not really, but it could have been a lot worse.

The only solace, is that we can always salvage it for a chance at the new crafting mat that only comes from salvaging exotics.

Magic Find [merged]

Wallace MacBix.2089

They have said that the essences of luck will have diminishing returns on account magic find so I wonder how this will work with existing magic find from the achievement chests. Like if someone has 5% MF from achievement chests it may only be equivalent to salvaging 5 greens but once people get up to 250% magic find from essences another 5% could cost like 5000 greens.

So if they add it to your account MF first it will essentially be worthless along with the gold, karma and XP gains.

I hope (and don’t think) your account bonus will count towards the 300%, but that’s just a feeling (we’ll have to see). It really depends how fast the DR kicks in for getting higher MF and how low the drop rates on the MF items will be. Same goes for food/boosters, we still have no clue if those let you go over 300%.

As for the DR in MF drops in general. I just see this as Anet’s way of making us get less money. They said that >75% of blues/greens are vendored, and I know that I get 10+ greens/blues for every rare that drops even with ~150% MF. To me that means that vendoring blues/greens a very large contributor to the average players income. So now we’ll need to decide if we want our extra silver, or do we want more magic find.

Just think about it though, if it takes 100 greens to get enough Essences of Luck to go from X% to (X+1)%, that means it cost you ~2g for 1% MF. And we still don’t know how common of a drop they will be, or how many more Essences we will need each level.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Is the changing of the stats on MF gear a one time thing or is it ooc like legendaries? Might have to buy a set of MF gear just in case…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Magic Find [merged]

Wallace MacBix.2089

Is the changing of the stats on MF gear a one time thing or is it ooc like legendaries? Might have to buy a set of MF gear just in case…

During the live stream, they said it’s a one time thing only (and the result is account bound). Only legendary weapons will have the option of changing whenever they want to.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

hey, i have a legendary weapons with a MF stats, is my legendary going to be account bound or what?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Glitter.7634

Glitter.7634

All my ascended gear from laurels is in MF. With limited endgame material, grinding for high tier crafting materials and precursors in order to get legendary weapons has become the norm for not just me but many of my guildmates and friends.
What happens to ascended gear?
Do we get our laurels back?
Are we forced to accept a power buff instead of the original MF buff?
Do we get to change the stats on these items out of combat like the new ascended crafting gear?
Aside from having an imbalance of incomes for Guild Wars 2 players, do we really expect in game inflation to not occur? If balancing the economy or MF for casuals to get a better experience is the goal of this change then several other options are more viable than removing a mechanic that so many players have spent months building and saving for.
Many MMO’s already have built in experience boosts for accounts (and even player specific boosts within accounts) for periods of inactivity. Why not apply this to MF? Every 3 hours of inactivity equates to 1% magic find for 30 minutes with, for example, a 50% max buff? This could be upped to 1 hour for 3 days inactivity, 2 hours for a week, a whole day for a month etc.
The same could apply to the purchasing and selling of Gems in the gem store. For example, a player has not played Guild Wars 2 in 2 weeks – now they get 10% off purchasing gems or a 10% discount buying gold with gems. Again, increase the amount for a month of inactivity, 6 months inactivity, etc. Bring players back to Guild Wars and continue encouraging them to invest in the game.
I don’t mind that precursors cost what would take me 9 months of 40hrs/week of farming. If and when I have one drop I will either craft one, or finish what I need in order to do so.
I do mind that a year after release developers are going to eradicate a mechanic that allowed a few players (I seriously doubt that even 10% of GW2 players have legendries) to get these extremely rare items and force everyone else to start at square one in their efforts.

Invictus Aeturnum (IA) ~ Dragonbrand since August 2012 ~
Glitter Monkey (Warrior) / Phlaxis (Thief) / Svetlana Demitrova (Guardian)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Any idea about Ascended accessories with MF? I hope to have a refund.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Questions regarding Magic Find that were not addressed in the blog post:

It states that the Magic Find caps at 300%. Some questions regarding this below.

Q1: Does this 300% include the bonus from achievement chests? So can we just get 300% or can we get 300% with the new consumables PLUS the account bonuses from the achieves?
Q2: Is this the max magic find total? So if someone has capped out their account magic find, are things like food and infusions going to stack on top of it making it 350% or 400% or whatever their total happens to be?

Q3: Are the consumable items gotten from salvaging sellable? If someone has 300% already but wants to salvage drops for materials, are they going to be stuck with consumables they can’t use? Or will they be able to sell them on the Trading Post?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

I far preferred diablo 3 paragon system. With Magic Find being tied to characters vitual leveling. Salvage is the least possible fun a person can have playing this game. Now people are forced to farm the trading post.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: FellTablet.6879

FellTablet.6879

This has been some frightening news. Celestial Ascended Trinkets are involved in this nerf? I am denied the otherwise shared option for alternate stats?

These were available well before the armor, and personally, I have them on multiple toons. Due to the terrible RNG that exists in Tyria, the MF stat made the gear rather appealing. Without the MF stat, a mix of Knight’s, Valkyrie, and Berserker’s gear is infinitely more compelling for most builds.

Honestly, nerfing top tier, time gated gear, especially a midst news of more incoming time gated gear, is absolutely baffling.

I understand that replacing MF with any stat or boon would unbalance the set.
However, why are we not given the option to just switch to a different set combination? The guild missions and fractals needed to get these sets were rather daunting. I really can’t afford my time to do this again.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Not amused at all.

Why not let those people who actually invested in these gears get what they want out of it instead of forcing it into what’s easiest.

I know i don’t need a second zerker’s set, nor will i benefit from the new Sigil of Luck…
Pretty much a slap in the face to anyone who wasn’t running around doing all damage all the time.

I wish you would take a step back and pause on this change and realize that in when players did something like this in GW1 you didnt restrict them you embraced it. Instead you’re punishing anyone who doesnt play your game the way you’ve decided it should be played. That’s not the game many people log in to play. Not everyone is a DPS freak, please let the collectors and explorers out there play the way they want too.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

@TexZero
Anet have said we can trade our magic find gear into another stat set of our choice which is fine in my book. So long as we don’t get a very limited choice. I would be more than happy to turn my magic find gear into one of these new types (dire looks nice) or maybe even sentinels. But Anet have not yet said if those will be available to choose.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lung Koku.9164

Lung Koku.9164

Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.

For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat. Since all weapons, armor, and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, any of these items currently on the Trading Post will be return to the poster. The only exceptions to this rule are in some high-end weapons that will still get the ability to select their stats, but will remain tradable.

If I understand well Celestial owner will also get the ability to change their armor/weapon/trinket stat, is it true?
What about the exception of the account bound rule? is it only for legendary weapons?

About the 300% max MF I’ve the same question than people in this thread:

1) 300% include the achievement bonus or not?

2) 300% is the max cap with infusion/food/booster or we will be able to go up to 400% and more? (20% infu + 40% food + 50% booster + 300% cap = 410% + eventually achievement bonus dépending on question 1)

3) What about selling essence of luck when we have reach the max cap of 300%?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Blads.6132

Blads.6132

Has anyone heard what happens to existing MF items held in a guild bank?

I’d like to know that too.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

Bottom line, it appears that anyone with really high end Magic Find sets and items is well and truly brutally screwed. A Vendor offering a FULL refund of Laurels etc. on my Ascended gear would be the only plan I personally would have found acceptable. A special Vendor who would offer some set amount of Gold for any existing non-ascended MF item as Alternative to the announced would also be a good thing.

However, to imagine that at this late date any change to the announced plan will be made is pretty silly.

So imagine if you will the following quote from an Imaginary ‘unnamed source’ –
“Magic Find was screwed up. This is the best fix we could come up with, and since the Future of the Game, and thus our continued employment, is on the line, we tried really, really hard to be fair to everyone and avoid a mass of rage quits. So get over it, enjoy the new Tyria without all the MF hate, and hopefully we won’t have to EVER do anything like this again.”

And I do mean EVER. Another fundamental change like this, after a whole year of actions based on existing parameters, will be Reall, Really hard to swallow. So I hope the team is going to look really, really carefully at all new add-ons. This is rather like a major recall, and there are certain automotive brands and automobiles I will never again consider buying as a result of past problems. At least here no one died.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’m mainly concerned with what happens to celestial. Replacing the MF stat with boon duration or just upping all the rest of the stats by 5-10% would be nice.