Magic Find [merged]

Magic Find [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Giving you a free 20% and allowing you to select a new stat combo is taking care of it. Furthermore, if you had no use for the set after the change, you can salvage it for dark matter, which is used to create ascended gear.

You know what would have solved all this crap?

A magic-find percentage on party nameplates.

Mind = blown

People complaining about the magic find guy in the group wasn’t the sole reason why it was removed. People felt forced into wearing it.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

Giving you a free 20% and allowing you to select a new stat combo is taking care of it. Furthermore, if you had no use for the set after the change, you can salvage it for dark matter, which is used to create ascended gear.

You know what would have solved all this crap?

A magic-find percentage on party nameplates.

Mind = blown

People complaining about the magic find guy in the group wasn’t the sole reason why it was removed. People felt forced into wearing it.

tbh MF is a stupid mechanic altogether.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Is the MF account wide or character?

If it’s character this is gonna be a huge PITA…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

They never once led anyone to beleave they were giving out 300% mf. They flat said EVERYONE would get 20% and those with mf gear would be able to change its stats into something useful. Thats a rather massive perk given mf gear was always super cheap compaired to say zerkers or such.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Uxian.6743

Uxian.6743

I’m curious about whether base magic find was adjusted with the Sept 3rd patch. It could just be the random nature of the beast but it seems to me that I’m finding a lot less with 22% MF than I was with the 1% I had yesterday.

Magic Find [merged]

DaveyC.4398

no one said 300% other than that being the account max… I certainly did not expect 300%.

Magic Find [merged]

SiNoS.2147

Is the MF account wide or character?

If it’s character this is gonna be a huge PITA…

Its account wide.

Magic Find [merged]

DaveyC.4398

On the Merged Magic find Thread, someone from Anet said they would compensate people with MF. That has not happened, people with MF got the same as everyone else.

Magic Find [merged]

SiNoS.2147

no one said 300% other than that being the account max… I certainly did not expect 300%.

Sorry bout that davey. I totally misread your post. My bad. But anyways the advantage was the fact mf gear would be able to be turned into other types of gear making those pieces still useful. Or as i said earlier ya can salvage it for ascended mats :P.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

On the Merged Magic find Thread, someone from Anet said they would compensate people with MF. That has not happened, people with MF got the same as everyone else.

i believe the compensation was the ability to choose a new stat combination from your previous mf gear.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Magic Find [merged]

SiNoS.2147

Can you link the post please? I personally think your misunderstanding the meaning. I dont think they ment they would give you extra mf just because you already had mf gear. I think it was the fact they were making mf gear able to become other types of gear thus not making the old mf gear useless.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

You are being short sighted about this issue. A few gold spent and probably earned back already. Players complained about MF gear, sacrificing stats for a small chance to get better loot. So they separate MF from gear, this is a win overall.

Pretty rude to tell someone they are being short sighted. That is only your opinion. In his eyes it obviously isn’t a win overall. His opinion is just as relevant as yours.

I am somewhere in the middle. I like account wide MF, but also spent a lot of time and effort on some of my MF gear. I created The Mad Moon not only because I liked the skin but as part of my Guardian’s MF gear. So in my opinion it isn’t a ‘win overall’ but more of a wash.

(edited by jheryn.8390)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

I was wishing that they were going to take the character with the most magic find and just change that into account wide. I knew it was a long shot but a man can dream right.

How about some love from all the events we have completed already. I have finished almost 4500 events it would have been nice to get a ball of luck equivalent to the amount of events we have finished up to this point.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Magic Find [merged]

DaveyC.4398

Can you link the post please? I personally think your misunderstanding the meaning. I dont think they ment they would give you extra mf just because you already had mf gear. I think it was the fact they were making mf gear able to become other types of gear thus not making the old mf gear useless.

I will have a look for it tomorrow, I cannot be bothered atm.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t really buy into all this magic find stuff anyway. The best items I’ve ever had drop were with no magic find. Maybe it has just been odd luck but who knows. I gave up on magic find stuff well before the news came out they were dropping it.

The Burninator

Magic Find [merged]

SiNoS.2147

I don’t really buy into all this magic find stuff anyway. The best items I’ve ever had drop were with no magic find. Maybe it has just been odd luck but who knows. I gave up on magic find stuff well before the news came out they were dropping it.

From my understanding mf does not increase the change that a super valuable item drops but the chance a non standard item drops. Non standard being blue, green, gold, orange, and now pink. Less junk items. You will still have the same chance of that non standard item being exotic as if you were not using mf just more of the non standard items droping which in its own way increases the changes of getting better loot.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lyl.3028

Lyl.3028

I am horrified at the new patch. I do not understand why it coming out means I have to redo the monthly I was almost done with. I do not understand how my unbuffed mf set at 260% mf is somehow made up for by giving me 20% mf, nor why they took away karma. instead of a jug you now get a drop for dailies and monthlies. that is literally 10% of the karma before gained. my mf set was a second set, so now I have ascended gear that I spent 35 and 25 laurels on that is not even salvageable. The ONLY good thing about this patch was that greens no longer require you to hit accept to salvage. this whole patch feels like a total robbery. There was nothing NOTHING of value given in exchange for the losses. Just some account bound mat I will NEVER use.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

At least they warned us about the magic find change. They could of just yanked it like they did with the halloween weapon recipies and screw over everyone who was still trying to craft one.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

You really think there should be additional compensation for you selfish MF people

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Change is not the problem, its being led to believe one thing then getting another. I never expected to get 300% account bound. But they where the ones who said they would take care of people who have invested in MF but that has not happened. Every one got the same regardless of MF investment.

Really? Led to believe what? They’ve said for some time now exactly what would happen. This update was NO surprise whatsoever since they had revealed basically exactly what they were planning for the last month now.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

To be honest you shouldn’t complain.

You get a new exotic set of your choosing. On top of account wide magic find. So now your no long killing mobs at a snails pace and kitten ing groups off with your bad MF gear. You get the best of both worlds and a set of your choosing. Make a full set into beserkers from MF and you just saved like 30+ gold….

The QQ in the forums is just off the charts. Its incoherent and nonsensical.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: GuitarAudiologist.5408

GuitarAudiologist.5408

VERY disappointed as of right now. I too spent lots of money on magic find gear. I thought they were supposed to compensate you for it somehow, or transfer it to an account-bound thing. I don’t think a standard +20% is fair, I had 3 level 80s each up to 150% or so… But I don’t even see this “free 20%” anywhere!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: GuitarAudiologist.5408

GuitarAudiologist.5408

Oh, the +20% is in the mail.. Still, this sucks Anet!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

You get a new exotic set of your choosing. On top of account wide magic find. So now your no long killing mobs at a snails pace and kitten ing groups off with your bad MF gear. You get the best of both worlds and a set of your choosing. Make a full set into beserkers from MF and you just saved like 30+ gold….

I have a full set of exotic/ascended zerker gear that I already use in dungeons.

So what advice, ole great sage, do you have for me and my soulbound MF set now?

And I apologize, after the fact, for my bad MF gear and my killing mobs slowly in the open world and the effect it had on you. If I had known before that my using this gear in a lonely part of Tyria was having such a profound effect on you I would have stopped using it long ago. My apologies.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

It seems that it now costs more to get to, let’s say, 100% magic find with the new system than it would by buying a full gear worth of MF bonuses.

That’s fantastic. That’s what we always wanted in a game where you NEED Magic Find gear to earn a meager amount of money to do anything.

Good job.

Why not add a terribly grindy expensive new set of weap… oh, looks like you’re ahead of the game there already, ANet!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I have a full set of exotic/ascended zerker gear that I already use in dungeons.

So what advice, ole great sage, do you have for me and my soulbound MF set now?

And I apologize, after the fact, for my bad MF gear and my killing mobs slowly in the open world and the effect it had on you. If I had known before that my using this gear in a lonely part of Tyria was having such a profound effect on you I would have stopped using it long ago. My apologies.

I didn’t say anything about being upset your killing slowly on your own time. I just said now you can kill faster and get MF to boot.

I did however refer to people wearing all MF kitten ing groups off. AKA when your running a dungeon…..

Why don’t you go cool off son.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Captain Bulldozer.9028

Captain Bulldozer.9028

Promising one thing and delivering another is the core philosophy that GW2 is built on. No surprises there. Really though, this magic find fix was a disaster for other reasons. Anet took action to fix a problem, but didn’t seem to understand the problem before doing so.

Why do so many people want magic find? Because the drops in the game by default are so god-kitten ed awful that people feel like they NEED magic find the feel properly rewarded. Having it as an item stat was a bad idea, undeniably. However, having it at all is the real bad idea. Why should one person have a better chance at good loot than someone else simply because he ate some omnomberries?

Moving it to account bound doesn’t solve the problem, it just makes anyone who invested in MF gear annoyed because they almost certainly wasted a large amount of resources (laurels, time in fractals, gold, whatever) to get something that now has been significantly downgraded. There were also people with over 500 MF who are now at less than 100, and the drop rates don’t seem to have been fixed.

Also, its likely the crafting material market will crash, since everyone is salvaging to get the stupid luck mats.

I’m starting to get a feeling of desperation from ANet. It’s subtle, but noticeable in their recent updates that have tried harder and harder to push people into the cash shop while causing parts of the game to unravel at the seams.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

VERY disappointed as of right now. I too spent lots of money on magic find gear. I thought they were supposed to compensate you for it somehow, or transfer it to an account-bound thing. I don’t think a standard +20% is fair, I had 3 level 80s each up to 150% or so… But I don’t even see this “free 20%” anywhere!

Only items that were not soulbound will become accountbound, such as items on the TP for sale. Salvaging items of Fine or greater rarity will boost your account MF. It seems to be going up rather quickly for me. =)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

Well I went out and killed 50 random mobs and I got no blues and no greens to drop but a lot of crafting mats so I think there is something wrong, all I have is 25% MF which was my acct bonus and a few salvages of some stuff I had. We all need some better drops, amen.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

The only thing that bothers me is that the MF set was said to be account bound. But it remains soulbound to the character that was using it. I like being able to switch the stats up, but i already have a set that I use on that character. Account bound would be very very nice as I can then use it to gear up my alternate characters. Did I misunderstand it being account bound?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

i understood the same, that they would become account bound

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Snaekolf.5973

Snaekolf.5973

I had 4 80’s with full exotic MF gear. They all had Zerker and PVT too. The ability to change it is useless to me. Way to go. Seriously.

P.S. I just found out I got screwed on my monthly too. Yeah

</insert random curse>. I have a kitten too, you guys forgot to kill it.

Winslow Arden – 80 – Thief
Mintari Le Voss – 80 – Mesmer
Winslow Heer – 80 – Ranger

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I am very happy with this magic find change.

I don’t have to gear out any specific character since all my characters will have it.

I disagree with anyone that is requesting a refund. You spent your laurels on it to get more gold, you got your use out of it.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

Magic find overall I don’t mind. It means I don’t have worse stats just because I want maximum gains.

Superior Rune of the Traveller, great item. People who own them will be pleased.

Superior Rune of the Pirate, terrible. ‘This stinks like a skritt cesspool’ comes to mind. A lot of people seem to agree with me, the price has dropped from a high of 40 silver down to well under 5. I thought they were going to give some choice. I personally would have much preferred precision than power, and why didn’t we get a 25% speed boost?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Anet is doing a duck and cover routine. Conveniently not mentioning Celestial gears on the blog and completely ignoring the thread by merging the threads so it’s easier to bury it.

So yeah, they’re not going to do anything about it. Noticed how fast Colin commented on the Karma thread last time and got it fixed within a day, compared with this? I don’t know why they don’t just give people the option to switch Celestial into another stat. It’s almost like they’re doing it out of spite because this whole magic find issue created another bunch of work items for them.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lyl.3028

Lyl.3028

so yeah, they totally merged the threads so that no one would ever see the complaints at the back, only the stuff from 6 days ago at the front…. Anet doesn’t want people to know that anyone is currently displeased, nor do they care that anyone is. It isn’t just the mf change to account wide being so much less than my gear was, but that now I have a second set of gear that is useless, including ascended, which are worth 3 months of laurels, and now worth a little over 4 silver. It isn’t just that karma was lowered, but lowered down to 10% of what it was before. It isn’t just the redoing the monthly. It isn’t just that the game has become a biweekly chore of more grinding of more temp content that they remove, and that the world that was made at launch is literally almost exactly the same size a year later on this ‘expansive’ game… The temp content just covers up lazy design in that the glitches at launch are all still there, and everything they make, they don’t leave in the game for the world to GROW. The merging of the thread just covers up that Anet doesn’t care. I wasted so much money and time on a game that kicked me out for 6 months, and Anet didn’t care about that either, and I was NOT banned. I came back, to have the game handed to me as crap, and tried to play. Now they have perm added something, finally, and the perm content is that I will get 10% of anything I got before from now on. I will never catch up. I will have a 90% harder time getting obsid shards for the legendary it feels like everyone else has and I will never get my mf back that I had before, because the cap is 300% and I had more than that before, even if I can salvage enough things to ever get that 300%. I think I made a mistake believing in this game and I wish they never fixed whatever was keeping me out of the game for 6 months because of the literal tears I shed today. This game just got killed. I got nothing in return for the robbery. I am looking at other MMO’s.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

Wow, I can’t believe my post that I made in the support section got merged into this thread.
Apparenetly asking for compensation for 3 sets of wasted transmutation stones is “not a support issue”.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Anet won’t be replying because they laid all the cards on the table.

Magic Find would simply disappear from the Celestial gear. Simple as that, the end.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

hmmmmmm, they are looking at their cards, with no clue how to beat getting their bluff called……

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Bump to top.
Let Anet at least post a reply

It won’t happen, that’s why even remotely connected posts regarding this change gets rolled into one forgettable thread. I bought 4,000 assorted blues and greens of level 60 and higher gear before this was implemented. By salvaging those pieces I raised my percentage by 47%, and each percentage gets harder to reach needing more and more essences.

They literally made it so you will need to salvage MILLIONS of items before you ht max. One more grind added to the game.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: NiceSight.9837

NiceSight.9837

I like the idea, as usual the facts are disappointing.

From a full equipment, now I have a 20% base. I think it’s not enough. The idea of letting people choose stat is great, but not useful enough to “repair” for MF loss.

I feel I’ll never reach again the 300% MF, it’s such a long way.
114480 points to reach 98%?!?! Are you kidding?

I understand that such a change in game mechanics is huge and require a lot of work, and 20% is better than nothing, but this rewar is not even close to a satisfying refund.

My thought: another grind/sink to make prices rise. I understand they make real money on gems, but this changes “ad hoc” every couple of week are a joke.

Mr. Copycat – Mesmer
Insert Coin [IC]
Gandara

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

I know a lot of people are upset with the magic find change, but I completely agree with Anet’s reasons on this one.

For those of you who had to re-tool a MF build, you’re only losing some MF in the short term – That sucks, granted… But what you gain in the long run is better; you get the ability to fully boost your character’s combat stats AND have high magic find at the same time. Not immediately, of course. But eventually.

As for wasting time/money getting expensive magic find gear, you aren’t losing the gear itself and get to choose your new stats anyway. So your investments there aren’t wasted.

So what is the freaking problem? They’ve made this transition as smooth as possible for everyone.

Seems that impatience is the only legitimate concern here.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

I know a lot of people are upset with the magic find change, but I completely agree with Anet’s reasons on this one.

For those of you who had to re-tool a MF build, you’re only losing some MF in the short term – That sucks, granted… But what you gain in the long run is better; you get the ability to fully boost your character’s combat stats AND have high magic find at the same time. Not immediately, of course. But eventually.

As for wasting time/money getting expensive magic find gear, you aren’t losing the gear itself and get to choose your new stats anyway. So your investments there aren’t wasted.

So what is the freaking problem? They’ve made this transition as smooth as possible for everyone.

The problem is that some of us don’t need a third set of armor. I had an MF set, dungeon set, and a set for WvW. What can I possibly change my MF set to since I have no need for anymore on that character? Now if it was account bound, I would have been able to outfit an alt with all new gear. That was what I was looking forward to, but it didn’t happen. I have a useless set of exotics and a few ascended pieces sitting around.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Valior.4712

Valior.4712

All the efforts and resources I put into my MF gear are gone. I can’t refund single ascended MF I got, I have to buy the BL salvage kit to get all the useless runes and upgrade from useless gear ( it’s so great to be able to change the stats, I don’t really have any other armor sets with those already). So thank you very much ANet.

Pike ‘n’ Square
Nythanryn Zior, human necromancer | and others

Magic Find [merged]

Snaekolf.5973

I’ve had a couple of days to think about what was done. I’m even more angry now than I was on Tuesday.

You need to answer us now Anet.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

The positive outweighs the negative in the long run in my opinion. Hey, it freed up six slots in my bag. Permanent magic find that I don’t have to think about? Good in my book.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Magic Find [merged]

Snaekolf.5973

The positive outweighs the negative in the long run in my opinion. Hey, it freed up six slots in my bag. Permanent magic find that I don’t have to think about? Good in my book.

Since it cost me 3-4g a slot on 4 different characters. Not. Worth. It.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

My problem is we clearly didn’t have any choice as regards how the runes were changed, it was imposed on us. While those with Traveler runes are clearly ahead in value those with Pirate runes have ones that are effectively worthless – they aren’t worth salvaging the armor for so what we will have to do is put another set of runes over the top.

Had they given the option, ‘hey, we’ll be generous, you can have traveler runes too!’ I would have been much more happy.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: EllyBean.6485

EllyBean.6485

I think overall it should clear out some MF gear off of some players, more room in the inventory.

I think the only issue I have was that in the patch notes, their explanation of what would happen to your MF trinkets was vague. They mentioned that MF trinkets will become account bound. Unfortunately, they did not mention any exceptions to this. In the end, they did not clearly explain or indicate that previously soulbound MF trinkets will, after the patch, continue to become soulbound to the original owner of the item, and will not become account bound at all. Because of the vagueness of this, I actually ended up changing the stats of my ascended MF ring (which is weird, other characters in your account should not be able to change the stats if it is “soulbound”, only the original soulbound owner should have the power) on another character thinking that whoever changes the stats, it would become soulbound to the new owner. Well, that did not happen. I ended up changing the stats on another character, but the item still ended up soulbound to the original owner. It had elements of it being account bound but was still soulbound which led to a lot of confusion amongst some players. I basically selected stats I doubt I’ll use on my character (the original soulbound owner).

Perhaps in the future, it would be nice to get a clearer explanation and exceptions to major changes that happens in the game because there was no disclaimer in the patch notes, and y’know, that’s a total waste of an ascended trinket, sigh. :/

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Renegadez.3281

Renegadez.3281

Yep feel screwed now on Celestial wtf no trade out on the MF stat Bullchit