Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

I, on the other hand have 8, and if I use all 8, I should get 8 rewards. Its taken me 8 times longer so why no cake?

Because the cake is a lie.

Secondly, because ANet are protecting their economy. They don’t care if you spent hours speed-crafting your way to your 80’s or if you’ve got world completion/personal story completed on every single one of them, you’ll always get treated as if your effort and time put into the game is worthy of minimal reward – and it’s all in favour of keeping the “open economy” under a tight control.

Hey, I don’t blame them. They’ve got to keep people stuck on the game. Some ways more annoying than others.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Whilst I can see some of the reasons why (Overflows/Chumps guesting), this news is awful.

I’ve made 8 characters, all classes, all 80. Mainly because I wanted to play all the classes at top lvl in PvE & WvW (sPvP is total toshballs and I completely ignore it because it’s rewards aren’t interchangeable)

Now I shouldn’t even have to say why this update shafts me, it should be obvious. Yes I spend a lot of time playing; But then again I have worked for this, everything I’ve got I deserve 100% (I deserve well more if you ask me but my luck on drops seem to be awful).
A few days ago I did T the Sunless 6 times in 1 day using 6 of my charaters to gain the rewards – I don’t guest for World bosses, I stay in my humble home server (So I’m not creating overflows in a server that isn’t mine). Now explain why don’t I deserve rare drops for each character?

Do you even know how long it takes getting 8 characters to 80? And now I’ve got 8 80’s… I’m ready to really kick it into top gear, and you’re saying that regardless of all my hard work I can no longer claim the rewards. Telling me that I might as well just have 1 character… like an effin’ noob…

You should only get 1 per day yeah. Because YOU haven’t put the time and effort into this to have more than 1 character, so you can have 1 – Thats fair.
I, on the other hand have 8, and if I use all 8, I should get 8 rewards. Its taken me 8 times longer so why no cake?

Being treated like some illegal farmer when I’m just trying to get the most out of the game, not cool.

lol, “effort”. You can do half the levels for just a few gold by crafting… or all for a bit more.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

I was under an impression they rehashed the loot to be higher quality, with a minimum of one rare. Now they change it to provide SINGLE rare via additional chest and bring normal chest rewards to the way they were before.

If I am right, then the loot will be godawful again, it is basically just a rare per event, close to zero chance for extra rare or exotic. Forget Final Rest if you ever wanted it.

All this because they are unable to make a chest lootable once a day per account.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Kets.5894

Kets.5894

All this because they are unable to make a chest lootable once a day per account.

Uhh what? Have you even read this thread?

The big reward chest will be lootable one day per account.

Mega Boss loot changes

nethykins.7986

I was under an impression they rehashed the loot to be higher quality, with a minimum of one rare. Now they change it to provide SINGLE rare via additional chest and bring normal chest rewards to the way they were before.

If I am right, then the loot will be godawful again, it is basically just a rare per event, close to zero chance for extra rare or exotic. Forget Final Rest if you ever wanted it.

I’m more inclined to think they’re doing it because the can’t “test the water” in any other way. No amount of metrics, or “internal testing”(!) or hard numbers will give them data on how people will react to loot drops being changed.

Some people could call it Trial and Error. Some could call it Flip-Flopping.

Mega Boss loot changes

Aelaren.3784

Have you?
“The current chests will stay lootable once per day per character

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Zog.3954

Zog.3954

You’ve missed the point. I do them, but when I’ve done all of them on 1 character for the day, I should be able to use my other characters in my own effin server to get more if and when they pop up.

You still can do it BUT you don’t have a 100% chance for a rare. The chest will still appear after the first kill.

Have you?
“The current chests will stay lootable once per day per character”

As far as i understand, the 1 per day lootable thing will be the guaranteed rare. The chest ( that theoretically still can drop rares or above ) can be looted more than once from the same event.

(edited by Zog.3954)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

So, when they will fix the number of players in WvW?

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

lol, “effort”. You can do half the levels for just a few gold by crafting… or all for a bit more.

Yeah, you could, but I didn’t so thanks for the idiotic and pointless reply, here’s one for you.

No need to state that, I already expected your reply to be idiotic and pointless as you didn’t have a point in the first place People using the word “deserve” in conjunction with video games are generally not to be taken seriously.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

As I read the statement you will still get one rare/per boss/per account. If this this is true they will still be farmed, which is good, but just wont have people getting…I don’t know…30+ rares per day. This is a good change.

That is indeed correct. You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

does this statement imply that precursors can only drop from the dragon chests? I thought there was a chance from any world boss now.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Mega Boss loot changes

Iruwen.3164

Have you?
“The current chests will stay lootable once per day per character

Have you? The “big” chest he mentioned, the one that contains the guaranteed rare, will be lootable once per account. The normal chests will be lootable per character then.

Mega Boss loot changes

Aelaren.3784

Have you? The “big” chest he mentioned, the one that contains the guaranteed rare, will be lootable once per account. The normal chests will be lootable per character then.

One rare is not that “big”, normal chest can give you much more, including a precursor. I might missed the point where you decided to dub small icon-ish chest with a rare as “big” (why on earth?… ) It should have been obvious from my post I am talking about BIG freaking chest that appears on the ground after the thing is dead. The one that used to give trash blues until the recent update, and now going to give trash blues again, apparently. So instead of overall better drop from a chest, with a guaranteed rare and better chance at more rares and exotics, you now going to get a guaranteed rare and trash blues from main on-ground chest.
Corrections?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

This will stop the lag for sure. Awesome awesome awesome
I’m happy

I think you’re kidding yourself if you think lag is going to get better. It was there before the chests were revamped after all. I predict overflows still as well, especially for Claw.

Martin, I have a question: Since you’re now limiting us to one good chest per boss a day, will your team be better at fixing bugged events? There are at least two Orr temples that regularly bug.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

One thing – : " you may check other events " – I would be doing that if there is any way on the map level to define if the event is ongoing. Sorry but hoping from one wp to another just to find ongoing events is even less fun than killing Shaterrer. At least there I can do some dodges

And If other events are “dynamic” as Hydra Queen – no thanks. This is the only achievement from boss list I’m missing but I do not like idea of staying there for several hours to be able to participate in that.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

SO.. what’s the reason to fight the big boss fights now?
I mean the event reward is very little as it was, Yes it was fun at times, But nothing special.. Now the main reason to fight one is being taken away.

I mean the event reward is very little as it was, Yes it was fun at times, But nothing special.. Now the main reason to fight one is being taken away.At least make sure the big bosses drop nothing but greens then cos i mean .. their big bosses… the rewards should justify them

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I mean the event reward is very little as it was, Yes it was fun at times, But nothing special.. Now the main reason to fight one is being taken away.

I don’t get this “argument”, you will fight the big bosses for the same reasons you always did… you will not get extra rewards for killing them with alts though, and that’s what they are -finally- changing.

At least make sure the big bosses drop nothing but greens then cos i mean .. their big bosses… the rewards should justify them

Size doesn’t matter, easy fights-easy rewards, challenging fight – challenging rewards, that’s how it should be. These “big” bosses are a big joke as far as difficulty is concerned…

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

I reaaaallyyy don’t see the problem. As far as I’m concerned it’s like this:

Player: “Hey look! This game is awesome! But there’s nothing to do when you hit 80 because all I care about is power levelling and being better than everyone else.”

ANet: “Well there’s lots more to do and see, that’s why we put all these lovely looking vistas and awesome events in.”

Player: “Do they give me better gear?”

ANet: “Well you can get legendary weapons that look fricking awesome, but they’ll take a while”

Player: “But doing the work is boring!”

ANet : “Well how about we give you a new currency that’ll help you if you go and explore and just play a bit?”

Player: “But I want more money!”

ANet: “Why?”

Player: “So I can just buy all the stuff I need!”

ANet: “But… why don’t you just play the game and earn them over time as you have fun playing?”

Player: “But it’s no fun now, I just want money so I can complain about how boring it is when I buy all my legendary ingredients or it directly!”

ANet: “Right we’ve had just about enough of you guys, we’ve tried to be helpful but if we do anything else we might aswell send you all one, now take your rare and be thankful!”

Can’t say for sure this is how ANet feels but It’s exactly how I feel just listening to you guys. Now grow up. And don’t say this doesn’t affect me or I’d be calling kitten too, I’m working towards two legendarys simultaneously in maybe 2 hour play sessions, It would be soooooo much easier to buy the stuff but that’s not how you play the game, if any of you are still actually “playing” atall. And I for one must say, ANet thank you for the laurels and all the gameplay changes you are making to help the casual crowd who can’t spend all day online, you have no idea how much of a help they are.

TLDR: Quit calling kitten and go and enjoy the game.

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Mega Boss loot changes

nethykins.7986

I don’t get this “argument”, you will fight the big bosses for the same reasons you always did… you will not get extra rewards for killing them with alts though, and that’s what they are -finally- changing.

I’d totally agree with you if DR didnt effect rewards like karma or money (or exp?) when you want to do them more than a few times in a row but it does.
That only adds to the “so…why should I do more than one? Why should I continue to play more of your content if all I’m going to get is less?”

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

That is indeed correct. You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day.

This is my biggest concern about this entire change. Anyone want to give odds on Anet managing to apply this to rares in general? (only one per day per account, in any method of obtaining loot)

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: BlueL.7382

BlueL.7382

Like I said this is not the only reason this game is not alt friendly. And yes I did have alts before the rare farm begun. I am not saying it was better then. The chests were upgraded because they wanted more people participating in the events. If I want to invest the time to do them 2 or 3 or 4 times a day I should be getting the reward. And to whoever that sounds like a job can simply not do it:)

I agree that being able to farm rares in 1-15 minute events is wrong. It is unbalanced. But this is not the way to fix it. Make the events harder so that people “deserve” their reward. Killing the “Giant Wurm” and the Priest of any of the Temples should NOT have even similar rewards

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Like I said this is not the only reason this game is not alt friendly. And yes I did have alts before the rare farm begun. I am not saying it was better then. The chests were upgraded because they wanted more people participating in the events. If I want to invest the time to do them 2 or 3 or 4 times a day I should be getting the reward. And to whoever that sounds like a job can simply not do it:)

I agree that being able to farm rares in 1-15 minute events is wrong. It is unbalanced. But this is not the way to fix it. Make the events harder so that people “deserve” their reward. Killing the “Giant Wurm” and the Priest of any of the Temples should NOT have even similar rewards

Wait how would making events harder fix any thing? Would these mobs be able to kick ppl out of the zone? If not nothing will be fixed.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: BlueL.7382

BlueL.7382

I did not say making them harder would solve the overflow problem. I said it would make it more balanced. “Rare” rewards should not be so easy to get imo.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

People still crying over this change.. get a grip please, this is something that is ONLY good for the game, the fact players took it upon themselves to time/camp/farm events that were designed to be cool one off’s is a shining example of when a dev should step in and alter this toxic playstyle.. think about it for more then 30 seconds before posting more tears :P

Yea…and now people will simply go back to farming plinx and temples over and over and over and over…..

Actually, no. People will still want to do all three Dragons every day, and that takes time. So people will be more evenly spread between Temples/Plinx and the Dragons than they are now.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Honestly? A guaranteed 12 rares a day is still an enormous number. I don’t see how anyone could deride this change as a bad thing, or argue that abusing the Maw’s short timer on the current system is a good thing.

Yes, it is an enormous number. However, we will see people claiming that it is indeed a bad change. I’m not one of them, but the claims are there and will continue. This change was necessary. Anyone who didn’t realize it was “too good” was deluding himself.

@ all those claiming there is now no reason to have alts…

How about for fun? You know, fun? The reason for most games?

Game: activity engaged in for diversion or amusement.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I’m kind of in two minds about this.
Since drops have been so good from bosses, it’s basically all I’ve done. It’s affected my gameplay for the worse. I’d start playing an alt I’m levelling, only to realise my time would be more profitably spent doing the next boss event to pop on the timer (I have 5 level 80s so I could spend all day doing major events and getting yellows; didn’t help that my friend got a pre-cursor the first night, goading me on to even more obsessive play).
I was no longer exploring the world or levelling.
I was doing one activity, and one activity only, which can’t be a good thing.

However, at the same time, I realise the draw was so strong because drops are so god-awful throughout the rest of the open world game.
If GW2 didn’t feel so tight-fisted elsewhere, people wouldn’t have been farming these events.

So props to ArenaNet for realising that this change was engendering an undesirable method of play, but at the same time they really need to look at increasing rewards for other forms of open world play.

If they really want people out there doing things, they should improve rewards for some of the more interesting long event chains out there such as the Branded war in Iron Marches out Ogre Wars in Fields of Ruin. Keep it once per account per day, but DO improve the rewards.

Some jumping puzzles should also offer the same level of reward as the event chests. Let’s face it, it takes a lot more skill to do some of the jumping puzzles than to kill the Shatterer. Again, once per account per day, but they do need improving.

Oh, and all participants in guild missions should get the same rewards, no matter their guild status.

Don’t drive people back into crappy, repetitive instanced content.
Reward them for spreading out and helping others.

But when all’s said and done, I only have to look at ArenaNet’s history to see that they have a rather weird idea of what’s achievable.
They are really rather fond of having goals for players be so extreme as to be nigh on unachievable.
Don’t get me wrong, God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals is one hell of an achievement in GW1, but when you look at the sheer amount of time needed to get there, it begins to look positively abusive, and definitely unhealthy for the player. The Kurzick and Luxon titles alone required months of continuous speed-farming for influence points.
Somehow I suspect that the company responsible for such hideous grinds in the past have no problem having achievements in their new game be just as abusive, if not more so.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I did not say making them harder would solve the overflow problem. I said it would make it more balanced. “Rare” rewards should not be so easy to get imo.

I see so one rare is too much per boss fight per day so you must love this changes then because it use to be one rare per boss fight per hero.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Before this change:

Assume you got

Rare Shield
Final Rest
Blue Sword
Green jewel
Green trident
Crest

Under the new system only that rare shield would be in the account bound chest. The exotic drop rate stays the same, just the guarenteed rare is moved to the chest. Not the “Rare or BETTER” just Rare.

On occasion I have gotten 2-3 rares from a single boss chest, after this change only one of those would be moved to the restricted chest, meaning it is still possible to get rares from the chest itself.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

This is the right move. The people complaining are the ones who were ruining meta boss farming for the casual players. Half the time me and my guildies couldnt get on our own servers because of people abusing the system and guesting. Its a complete joke that guesters can prevent the actual home server users from enjoying content. They could of fixed the problem in a different way. But the ingame economy was kittened enough with the guaranteed rares so this was a pretty good solution. GJ Anet a solid and perfect decision. Ignore the selfish cretins who have no idea how their actions affect other players.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am sure I will enjoy the change. It will mean that more people are going to more events. Great move imo. It will also mean that overflows in dragon zones aren’t as bad. that really affected my guild for our tier 2 guild bounty the other night. One of the bosses was in Frostgorge and we sent two parties there. they all ended up in different instances of the map. This change will go a long way in changing that. Hopefully none of the people that are complaining about this change are the ones who were also complaining about the overflows.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This change is almost certainly a "oh crap people don’t like overflow, we’ll make up some imaginary problem and “fix” it and hope people stop complaining"

I mean come on. There are 51 servers in this game and >3,000,000 accounts. That means there is a very rough average of 58,800 accounts per server. An area goes to overflow when there are 300 people in it. And they are saying Alts are the problem? yeah ok….

Even if they have only 10% concurrency during prime time, that is almost 6000 people and at any given time 1 event is going on. Even if only 5% of the online players try to go to the event it will get sent to overflow. This is almost assuming every server has the same number of accounts on it. The top 3 NA servers probably have 10x the number of accounts as the 3 smallest servers, making the issue 10x worse for them.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I agree with a few others here, i see nothing in what Anet said that will fix guesting and overflows (unless the world boss chests are nerfed back to before) people will still hammer these things the same way…just get less rares..

This in my opinion only fixes the TP again to suit the flippers and high prices..

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

This is not a solution. It is Anet telling me its pointless to have more than one chars. This actually hurts a part of the player base imo. Anyway its not the first time they do it and it will probably will not be the last:)

Actually this IS a solution. Because they achieved exactly what was intended. You don’t like it because you won’t be able to farm on couple characters and THAT is exactly why they made it this way in the first place.

The point of having more characters is to have fun with different classes not to more efficiently abuse the system to get rich.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Guesting is more about more completing the bosses in a short period of time rather than anything else. Limiting alts will not change much there….ie…this doesn’t really fix guesting. During high concurrency there will still be guesting (if not more) and overflows.

Players with multiple alts actually had less reason to guest as they could/can switch toons to do the relatively short cycle boss (maw, fire ele), in the meantime when waiting for the longer cycle bosses.

With this change players with alts might be more likely to guest to get all the boss chest in short period of time since there is no comparative reason to not….ie…… there is less to do between that offers equal reward structure.

Tbh i have not guested b4 b/c I always had a fresh character ready for a chest on my home server. I probably will start guesting to complete my daily rounds in a timely manner once this change goes live.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Mega Boss loot changes

Killyox.3950

I agree with a few others here, i see nothing in what Anet said that will fix guesting and overflows (unless the world boss chests are nerfed back to before) people will still hammer these things the same way…just get less rares..

This in my opinion only fixes the TP again to suit the flippers and high prices..

who knows maybe at the same time they will increase chance for precursors

Mega Boss loot changes

Killyox.3950

This change is almost certainly a "oh crap people don’t like overflow, we’ll make up some imaginary problem and “fix” it and hope people stop complaining"

I mean come on. There are 51 servers in this game and >3,000,000 accounts. That means there is a very rough average of 58,800 accounts per server. An area goes to overflow when there are 300 people in it. And they are saying Alts are the problem? yeah ok….

Even if they have only 10% concurrency during prime time, that is almost 6000 people and at any given time 1 event is going on. Even if only 5% of the online players try to go to the event it will get sent to overflow. This is almost assuming every server has the same number of accounts on it. The top 3 NA servers probably have 10x the number of accounts as the 3 smallest servers, making the issue 10x worse for them.

If you are exaggerating at least do it properly. Why not say AN has 1099000000000 accounts?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I like this change. I still get my rares, I can keep going for the randoms on alts. Nice.

How is “I can get a rare, then run it on an alt later and also get a rare” NOT superior to what you call “nice”?

‘Keep going for the random on alts’… That’s just funny. You could do that for the last, oh, 8 months, and it wasn’t worht doing then and it won’t be worth doing again after this change.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you are exaggerating at least do it properly. Why not say AN has 1099000000000 accounts?

Because they have >3,000,000 accounts, not that dumb number you stated.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Sorry my numbers are accurate.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

As someone with 7 80s, this change was needed.

This game isn’t about using dragontimer and sitting and farming chests all day. It hurts the rest of the game by causing huge amounts of lag and overflows while events are going on, which makes it very annoying for things like the new guild quests and any other things they plan to add to flesh out zones.

Before the buff to group event chests, there was never overflows and far less lag during events. Having a guaranteed rare per day per event is still loads better then what we had before the chest buff, and overall it’s a pretty fair compromise to get people to still do an event but not overload zones because of how easy it dragontimer makes it to hit everything. Not to mention you have to think about the economy and rewards of doing other things, it’s much harder to balance rewards for other styles of play when you can just port around and use a webpage to get 10+ rares an hour with minimal work by just auto attacking a dragon while you go browse the internet or watch t.v. on a 2nd monitor.

Everyone whining obviously knows nothing about balance in terms of economy and reward structures or has never played other MMOs, because this is by far the lowest risk/ease to get valuable items out of any game I’ve played as it currently stands.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Thanks ANet, I guess I won’t be buying anymore character slots since it’s pointless to have alts now.

Instead of nerfing loot (yet again) how about allowing main maps to communicate with overflows? That way people can group up. Or synch the event timers. Or…you know…boost drop rates everywhere and make DR less harsh. People flock to dragons because it’s pretty much the only way to make money in the open world other than playing the TP.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

1) I don’t do these events at all unless I am already on the map.
2) Guesting never was the problem here. So this Fix won’t fix anything for overflows.
3) I have given solutions many times in various threads go check my post history I am not going to repeat myself just for you.
4) Restricting gameplay is never a good solution for anything. You need to widen the possibilities not limit. I also pointed this out in the same various threads.

1) By the sound of that, you’re unlikely to be affected by this unless you actually guest and run into these events repeatedly.
2) Yes, it is part of the problem. People could guest to bypass a timer on an event for that rare item. This lowers the incentive after your first event so you don’t repeat the same event through guesting (You could, but less reward).
3) Okay, well this solution works so… It’s solutions many other players suggested too.
4) No, restricting is a form of solution. It can be both good and bad. It’s never not a good solution nor is it always a good solution. In this case, I would say it’s proper.

I like this change. I still get my rares, I can keep going for the randoms on alts. Nice.

How is “I can get a rare, then run it on an alt later and also get a rare” NOT superior to what you call “nice”?

‘Keep going for the random on alts’… That’s just funny. You could do that for the last, oh, 8 months, and it wasn’t worht doing then and it won’t be worth doing again after this change.

And why should leveling an alt and gearing it up be easy…? Remember your first 80 where you had to run your dungeons and all? Or gather karma or run WvW? When did alt-ing become farming the same boss over and over through a way that seems pretty much unintended? An alt requires just as much work as a normal character. No more, no less. Of course, alt-ing means that you focus on your alt just like your main character. It doesn’t mean you get to split your work over all your alt and expect them to have the same level of progress for all.

I really don’t get why some people are upset about this. You’re actually getting a guaranteed rare vs a high chance of rare. That guarantee is account-bound, but this basically means the best reward is your first run of the event. For MOST people, that’s great! Not everyone wants to farm and farm and farm the same event every single time (Actually, most people just run in and hit the boss, and boom, it’s done lol).

As soon as there is an easy path, people will exploit it. Just like exploiting guesting to farm rares off those events, and that made the events seem more like a joke… At least this change will make people less likely to guest and farm due to Diminishing returns that are account bound.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

One of better news I’ve heard. Current system had to go – as simple as that. Personally I would have gone even step further – ONE guaranteed rare, PER account, PER day. People who are complaining that there won’t be any reason to do one or another chest event more than once per day are missing the point – there SHOULDN’T be any reason for that… As it dumbs down world events into a mindless grind. Do you guys really enjoy killing fire ele or the maw 5-8 times a day? I don’t, can’t imagine how anyone would.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: MeatShield.1983

MeatShield.1983

As someone with 7 80s, this change was needed.

This game isn’t about using dragontimer and sitting and farming chests all day. It hurts the rest of the game by causing huge amounts of lag and overflows while events are going on, which makes it very annoying for things like the new guild quests and any other things they plan to add to flesh out zones.

Before the buff to group event chests, there was never overflows and far less lag during events. Having a guaranteed rare per day per event is still loads better then what we had before the chest buff, and overall it’s a pretty fair compromise to get people to still do an event but not overload zones because of how easy it dragontimer makes it to hit everything. Not to mention you have to think about the economy and rewards of doing other things, it’s much harder to balance rewards for other styles of play when you can just port around and use a webpage to get 10+ rares an hour with minimal work by just auto attacking a dragon while you go browse the internet or watch t.v. on a 2nd monitor.

Everyone whining obviously knows nothing about balance in terms of economy and reward structures or has never played other MMOs, because this is by far the lowest risk/ease to get valuable items out of any game I’ve played as it currently stands.

^A million times this. A lot of win in this comment. The point of alts is not farm easy boss chests over and over, its to have fun with the variety in play style. There’s no reason that someone who only has one character and plays the same amount of hours as I do between my alts they should get less reward. Why should I get more rares than person with a dedicated main character? They can press “1” just as good as I can. These are literally the easiest events in the game. In fact still getting a guaranteed rare is a great deal.

Ehmry Bay
Zergs on Demand [ZoD]

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Do you guys really enjoy killing fire ele or the maw 5-8 times a day? I don’t, can’t imagine how anyone would.

Not really, but the variety, imo, was better than grinding cof p1 or shelter/penit for relatively decent reward compared to anything else in the game.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I can’ believe everyone who is saying ‘’guess my alts are useless now’‘. If the only reason you had or used your alts was to farm dragon chests all day, I think you should use a different term to describe your other characters. To people who play on their alts to have fun, and enjoy them, more power to you. This loot crowd that’s slowly growing in this game is becoming absurd.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

For a lil europian dipkitten i bet your use to geting lied to hence the eruo failuer …..but for the rest of the world anet is the worst bag of liars i have encounterd in my 25 plus years of gaming i understand trying to fix overflow but dont use excuses on why your chaning things be honest you dont want people to get precursor drops ect dont say its cause theres to many yellows on the market.

First off, before you start ranting about failures, spell check your post. 25 years gaming experience ( which I’m sure looks great on a resume) made me LoL btw.

Anet hasn’t lied about anything. They implemented a solution to a problem – which was overly generous IMO – that had unforeseen consequences. No test scenario in the world would have caught it. I honestly believe the one guaranteed rare per account per day deal should have been implemented from the start.

I’d think after 25 years of real world gaming experience would give you atleast some manner of hindsight to understand the rationale of making a mistake. If you’re really not happy, go back to WoW, see if Blizzard treats you any better… >.>

This is great advice Dub and exactly what I did and on my first day back I didn’t have to worry about DR and I made over 1k gold selling skins I farmed on the AH. Having a great time too and just reading this forum everyday to see what’s nerfed next just reminds me I made the right decision.

Also please excuse any spelling errors I might have made.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Mega Boss loot changes

nethykins.7986

I can’ believe everyone who is saying ‘’guess my alts are useless now’‘. If the only reason you had or used your alts was to farm dragon chests all day, I think you should use a different term to describe your other characters. To people who play on their alts to have fun, and enjoy them, more power to you. This loot crowd that’s slowly growing in this game is becoming absurd.

That’s a bit of a naive statement. Sure people will role alts, but if they’ve done all they want to do one 3 80’s then why on the 4th and 5th are they to force themselves to “have fun” running through the same old content again?

Alt’s aren’t meant to be trashed as soon as they hit 80 just because farming becomes it’s sole purpose at that max level, Alt’s shouldn’t be disposable.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This change was necessary. Anyone who didn’t realize it was “too good” was deluding himself.

It was “too good” only when compared with the rest of the game. The problem didn’t lie in the dragon chests having too good rewards. It was with everything else having bad ones.
Balance doesn’t mean nerfing everything down to the same level.
Anyone that thinks this change solved anything is deluding themselves.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mega Boss loot changes

nethykins.7986

This. x1billion.

I said in another post before. ANet devs seem to think that “Nerfing = Balance”
The devs will never, ever see this in their eyes because it’s always changes based off metrics and “what the numbers have shown us”.

ANet Dev 1: “Oh, Look guys. Stats tell us that people are farming Dragons since we put the changes in. Should we start making the game a little better rounded with the rest of the loot tables and curb the very high quality rewards fromDragons?
We wouldn’t want everyone to just farm Dragons! We worked really hard to give them an open world. I’d like them to explore that and get rewarded for it. Or maybe open a thread asking why people flock to dragons only then work from there?”

Anet Dev 2: “Nah, Just nerf something on the dragon’s side and cap it per account – making sure alt’s aren’t exploiting whatever may be exploitable. That should give us the correct stats we expect for the future.”

(edited by nethykins.7986)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Thundolfe.9302

Thundolfe.9302

This change was necessary. Anyone who didn’t realize it was “too good” was deluding himself.

It was “too good” only when compared with the rest of the game. The problem didn’t lie in the dragon chests having too good rewards. It was with everything else having bad ones.

Very much this, go do a dungeon or a fractal and tell me how your chest was. Playing those areas certainly isn’t ‘all about the loot’ but getting a few blues out of a tough frac is pretty demoralizing.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

this! I would gladly do more dungeons if it was worth the effort. Fractals are also meh if you compare time spent, repair fees, etc vs rewards. Let’s be frank, rewards in dungeons just suck. Besides the main reason people hunted those events were either Globs or stuff to dump into Mystic Toilet in hope of getting something of REAL value.

Personally I don’t care about this change. I get more rares just by farming events. Was fun while it lasted but indeed was too good to keep.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU