Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Its this and that’s the truth and that’s final! Now stop complaining shut up and play the game as usual please or go play another game! Its getting tiring!

complaining about people complaining… irony.

its a forum why else are people here?! to complain, the end.

Complain train! I’m here to complain about your complaining about people complaining about other people complaining on forums!

This irony thing is a double edge sword. :p

Anyway, Svetli has some point, although there are already special skins for each of the low level zone bosses. In my opinion, I seriously think that certain skins should only be obtainable through these bosses. Final rest for example was “lost” for a long time. which made a great story of it’s own, until ArenaNet basicaly spoiled it and made drops so messed up there are now dozens of them where it’s not even special anymore.

In GW1 the green weapons from certain bosses were sought after even many years after release. These things really were one of the key things that made GW1 fun. I wouldn’t mind seeing that a little more with other events that have chests too, or some jumping puzzles that have a specific exotic reward. These world events get played anyway, but all those far away events that rarely get played don’t have anything to it. I don’t think the Shadow Behemoth nor the Shatterer nor the Claw of Jormag needed an extra incentive at all. People were doing those already, I rather have many smaller incentives across all other content like specific exotic skins that are only available at one location than this.

Adding endless amounts of different loot to a few bosses is just bad, in my opinion.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I do not know what is your gamestyle or expectation from game and actually I don’t care. Do whatever you like – explore, wvw, pvp, chain events. Your time – your rules. But I expect the same from you – let me play however I find interesting.

You’re not playing a game, you’re not even aware this is a game that’s meant to be fun anymore. And you’ve just proven that in the very same post:

If something is hard and painful to do so – like completing all of dungeon in one day please give me credit for that.

This is really sad.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Here’s another point of failure:
You’re still going to see overflows; in fact they may be worse.
In the evenings, when normal people get back from work, they’re all going to try and do the high volume, slow turnaround events like Claw of Jormag. When they can’t get in to their own home server instance because everyone else has the same idea, they’re going to guest.
This solves nothing in regards overflows and guesting. It’s purely an economic nerf.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

In the evenings, when normal people get back from work, they’re all going to try and do the high volume, slow turnaround events like Claw of Jormag. When they can’t get in to their own home server instance because everyone else has the same idea, they’re going to guest.
This solves nothing in regards overflows and guesting. It’s purely an economic nerf.

That makes no sense. You are saying it will mean less Ectos…which logically is because less people are doing events…but that it will have “no effect” on the possibility of overflow. Most illogical, captain.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

I do not know what is your gamestyle or expectation from game and actually I don’t care. Do whatever you like – explore, wvw, pvp, chain events. Your time – your rules. But I expect the same from you – let me play however I find interesting.

You’re not playing a game, you’re not even aware this is a game that’s meant to be fun anymore. And you’ve just proven that in the very same post:

If something is hard and painful to do so – like completing all of dungeon in one day please give me credit for that.

This is really sad.

I think you don’t understand. Once again : I don’t care how do you play. Do whatever you want for having fun, but let others to have their own way. If I like speed run in fractals – how this is impacting you? If I prefer farm boss? My rights. If I just want to have guild pvp events – why do you care? If I just stand in LA and dance – IT IS MY TIME!

Rewards? Are in your daily life. It is parts of having fun. Just look around. Why ANet bothered with achievements? Because people want to be feel that they make progress. Why people goes for platinum on PS3? In GW2 there is no direct reward for killing risens. Except Slayer title (and loot).

Once again – I’m not for loot. I want to be credited for doing things. I do not want to be limited to play one and only character.

Before patch there was difficult to find a party doing mega events and chains. Now this is so easy. That’s I really like. I can shout “xxxx chain started, and I know that in few minutes I’ll have a company for the task”. After the patch I expect that the currently overwhelmed events will be empty. The same is for guild missions. If someone already did the mission, he rather go for other tasks than spending the time to play it again.

What I do not like is that you can just jump in and get rewards for doing nothing. Thats why I’ve seen someone earlier mentioned about rewarding on the basis of early tasks. You could accumulate some points to use in big events to get big reward.

TLDR – Live and let live.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

That makes no sense. You are saying it will mean less Ectos…which logically is because less people are doing events…but that it will have “no effect” on the possibility of overflow. Most illogical, captain.

He’s saying that this change won’t affect overflows, therefore, the only purpose of this change is to reduce the amount of gold generated.

Overflows will be the same as they are now. Just after the daily reset, everyone will head to get their daily chests. There will be overflows everywhere. People are still going to guest to get those chests as fast as possible, because who wants to wait. Like now, the more hours that pass the less people that show up. After the change however, even less people will show up the later it gets, but there’ll still be like 50 people, because that’s how many I used to see originally do them. Right now, if you do the dragons in the hours prior to the daily reset, there are no overflows. For example, I just did 9 dragons in about 1 hour, popping in at the last second – no overflows anywhere.

Furthermore, the loot from the chests even without the guaranteed rare is still better than playing open world content. The chests do after all have a heightened rare and exotic drop rate. People will still use alts to farm the chests.

If the point was to reduce overflows, this change won’t change anything.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Furthermore, the loot from the chests even without the guaranteed rare is still better than playing open world content. The chests do after all have a heightened rare and exotic drop rate. People will still use alts to farm the chests.

This here! And I continue to drill it into players heads that there will be no change to loot rates after your 100% guaranteed rare (and can still farm chests, one boss per area per character per day with good rare and exotic drop rates), but everyone says I’m wrong and I’m the idiot here.

So after this I’m going to let them stew in their own baseless sorrow. I have better things to do than reason with complainers that make no sense.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

It will, though, because whilst the loot is good, it’s not so much better that it will warrant people swapping through three dragons on multiple characters. The GUARANTEED rare factor was what got people going with multiple characters. Without that, MOST people will lack the dedication to profit and quickly get kitten off by chests full of blues and greens. So less characters will be participate which means less load which means less overflows. That’s incontrovertible.

Will it completely eliminate overflows right after reset? Probably not. Will it reduce them? Certainly.

Mega Boss loot changes

Eurhetemec.9052

This here! And I continue to drill it into players heads that there will be no change to loot rates after your 100% guaranteed rare (and can still farm chests, one boss per area per character per day with good rare and exotic drop rates), but everyone says I’m wrong and I’m the idiot here.

So after this I’m going to let them stew in their own baseless sorrow. I have better things to do than reason with complainers that make no sense.

You are neither wrong nor an idiot, but the guy saying it won’t affect player behaviour is wrong (not an idiot though). As you can tell, it’s difficult to convince people that, without the guaranteed rare, this will still be worth doing – most people will stop doing it on multiple characters the first time they get a chest full of blues and greens. Even though the rare/exotic rate is good, relatively, it’s still not going to convince people to spam dragons in the way they do now.

Mega Boss loot changes

Yumiko Ishida.3769

It will not be full of blues and green even after the change kitten What its it about what us sane and reasonable people on here are telling you guys don’t understand? Anet changed it that way—long before this new update coming. You’ll still get a rare or two… just not 100% of the time like now and the 100% one (after update) is in a daily styled chest and once per account per day.

I know what I’m doing come update. Business as usual! And if I still get a rare or even a precursor form the non account chest from each boss in my ones I do, I’m rubbing it all your faces.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Mega Boss loot changes

Mungrul.9358

Don’t put words into my mouth.
I didn’t mention ectos at all.
Here it is for the hard of thinking:

This is to reduce the amount of yellows being created by chests.
It is not going to make the chance of accessing an overflow less likely.
In fact, at certain times, it may make it more likely.

Reading comprehension failure captain.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.

Mega Boss loot changes

Eurhetemec.9052

It will not be full of blues and green even after the change kitten What its it about what us sane and reasonable people on here are telling you guys don’t understand? Anet changed it that way—long before this new update coming. You’ll still get a rare or two… just not 100% of the time like now and the 100% one (after update) is in a daily styled chest and once per account per day.

I know what I’m doing come update. Business as usual! And if I still get a rare or even a precursor form the non account chest from each boss in my ones I do, I’m rubbing it all your faces.

That’s cool, dude, but I don’t think for most people it will be business as usual.

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying. I disagree with your conclusion that it will lead to being “business as usual” for everyone. That assumes everyone has identical motivations to you and understanding of the game as you.

Do you have approximate drop rates for rare/exotic items from these chests without the guaranteed one factoring in? I mean, are we talking 80%? 50%? 30%?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

It will, though, because whilst the loot is good, it’s not so much better that it will warrant people swapping through three dragons on multiple characters. The GUARANTEED rare factor was what got people going with multiple characters. Without that, MOST people will lack the dedication to profit and quickly get kitten off by chests full of blues and greens. So less characters will be participate which means less load which means less overflows. That’s incontrovertible.

Will it completely eliminate overflows right after reset? Probably not. Will it reduce them? Certainly.

The one guaranteed rare per account will make sure nothing will change. I’d say most people didn’t farm these on multiple characters to begin with and if they do than it is spread out through the day. I know as I spend 2 days doing it on 5 characters before I moved on to more fun things. People with multiple characters can spread their characters around and park them accordingly. So no this change won’t fix overflows at all.

Mega Boss loot changes

Szamsziel.5627

Issue : actually this will not fix overflows problem it just move the overflow into other area.
When Anet introduced fractals – it was hard to get into not overflown LA.
When there was events (Mad King, Winterday) – plenty of overflows.

The only way to deal with overflow is to split the “profitable” or “new” content into all areas. Want to get rid of overflows with dragons? Make them appear on the same time. Change the way to get reward – only once per dragon per particular spawntime (Either Teq, kittenor Jormag). Change the loot tables according to the time needed to kill dragon/complete prereq.

(edited by Szamsziel.5627)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

On when the chest resets.

I don’t think it would be good for the guaranteed rare chest to reset on the servers time. Because like other people said, it would still create a overflow.

The rare chest should instead reset based on when the chest was opened.

Mega Boss loot changes

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Issue : actually this will not fix overflows problem it just move the overflow into other area.
When Anet introduced fractals – it was hard to get into not overflown LA.
When there was events (Mad King, Winterday) – plenty of overflows.

The only way to deal with overflow is to split the “profitable” or “new” content into all areas. Want to get rid of overflows with dragons? Make them appear on the same time. Change the way to get reward – only once per dragon per particular spawntime (Either Teq, kittenor Jormag). Change the loot tables according to the time needed to kill dragon/complete prereq.

I would love a dragon to completely ravage and level an area and then we have to rebuild it with new events until next timer comes around! Not some stupid standing in one spot, flaps wings, and creates dangerous winds and roars or something.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

You will still get loot from the chests, and yes you will still have that chance for a rare or exotic.

But unless these chests themselves were buffed, they will be like the pre patch chests. Which was a rare every once in a great while. Exotics were even more unheard of. These type of chests, in my and many other’s opinions, were not worth the effort.

And it goes without saying that the time right after the daily reset is one of the busiest times of day. For ANY activity in game. So yes, the events will be more crowded during this time than other times of the day.

But I still believe we will notice a decrease in the amount of guesting people showing up to events. Which will translate to fewer overflows. And contrary to what some of you believe, there are some servers where guesting is causing a lot of the overflows.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I think this change is both good and bad.

I personally dont try to get all events done during a day so by that this doesnt really effect me. But I do run the same event more than once per day, like say Grenth/Melandru/Arah Gates in CS. But this change punishes me for doing the more fun events, now I’m forced to go slaughter the mindnumbingly boring dragons, even though I never maxed out on rares from events.

I run 5 characters currently at 80 for node farming, doing the Orr events when/if they are up. I might manage to do 3 grenth during a day, but now I will only get rewarded for one of them (except for the old crap loot chest).

I just hope Arah Gates and Melandru offense will bug out less than they currently do, Mel has been bugged for roughly a week now, not starting.

I dont want to go and kill the easy, boring, laggy dragons, they are just not fun like the Orr events.

Maybe set a maximum daily chest number instead? 5-6 Rare chests per day, no matter what event bosses you kill, that couldnt be too hard to track.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Elentari.9156

Elentari.9156

Maybe set a maximum daily chest number instead? 5-6 Rare chests per day, no matter what event bosses you kill, that couldnt be too hard to track.

While I understand your desire to be able to choose which encounters you get rewarded for, I think this would cause everybody to just do Maw over and over again, because it’s the easiest event chain on the fastest timer. I think at least part of the intention behind the once per event per day system is to encourage people to spread out and do a bunch of different events, and not just farm the fastest ones. As has been pointed out in this and other threads, there are many more “guaranteed rare” chests in the game than the ones people are currently farming. Being able to get a guaranteed rare only once per day from Teq is a bit of a nudge to get people to go north one zone and help with the Hydra Queen event.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

<- goes buying ectos before the price rise up

Already stocked up about 500. Should last me for a short while.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

While I understand your desire to be able to choose which encounters you get rewarded for, I think this would cause everybody to just do Maw over and over again, because it’s the easiest event chain on the fastest timer. I think at least part of the intention behind the once per event per day system is to encourage people to spread out and do a bunch of different events, and not just farm the fastest ones. As has been pointed out in this and other threads, there are many more “guaranteed rare” chests in the game than the ones people are currently farming. Being able to get a guaranteed rare only once per day from Teq is a bit of a nudge to get people to go north one zone and help with the Hydra Queen event.

They could always just remove the level 80 rare loot from the lowbie bosses. Make sure loot scales with event level. It’s currently fubar that dragons give the same loot as Balthazar, Grenth, Melandru and so on. Dragons are too easy IMO. Maybe they should limit the daily chest to the braindead events and leave the higher risk events with a rare chests per character per day instead?

Problem is, you cant fail on Maw, Fire Elemental, Jormag, Shatterer, Sunless and so on, but you can indeed fail on Orr events. Why do they have such a low reward when so much more work is included?

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I thought their first intention was to get people away from camping Orr events and spread into different zones?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Tidbit.9352

Tidbit.9352

I hope this change helps with the overflow problems. It’s almost impossible to do any dragon or sb event without getting to the zone at least 1 hour before it starts. I just arrived to try and do a dragokittenmin before it starts and guess what, overflow.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Arena Net,

You know why people are swarming dragons like flies?

Because it’s the only way to make guaranteed decent money in this game… fix the rest of the game and it wont be so bad.

Just got disconnected by the game again, and log back into overflow… really starting to kitten me off.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

^^This.
CoF p1: time allotted for speed run 15-20min, guaranteed rare from tokens, alts can do it too. Chests not so profitable but entire run is better than dragon drops.

MegaBoss events: 1 guaranteed rare, no alts.

IF they ever nerf the speed runs of dungeons they will have to fix the open world lag/overflow issues. They will have to spread people out for rewards.
Expanding the rewards to long event chains on multiple maps of multiple levels will help immensely spreading people around.
Economy may suffer?
No not if they add gold sinks for armor/weapons that are already in the game on multiple types of char/genders. Regional armor/weapons such as branded, ascalonian, etc.
Mini-pets, pets for gold from specific NPC’s that only show up if you complete the chain. I’d save 100g for a rockdog pet or a griffon pet sold by an ogre.

Put in more rare lootable weapons/armor on event bosses. Unique weapons/armor that people hunt for. Put them on events that see very little action and require a bit of time to complete. A miniscule drop rate won’t matter to some (The hunt for Final Rest).
Synch the mega boss timers as close as possible to limit guesting. Or tie them to event chains so that one must participate in prior events.

No more punitive solutions please.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Mega Boss loot changes

Eurhetemec.9052

The one guaranteed rare per account will make sure nothing will change. I’d say most people didn’t farm these on multiple characters to begin with and if they do than it is spread out through the day. I know as I spend 2 days doing it on 5 characters before I moved on to more fun things. People with multiple characters can spread their characters around and park them accordingly. So no this change won’t fix overflows at all.

Conner, it does not matter if they are “spread out through the day”. Farming with multiple characters increases load, and we know people do not “spread out through the day” that much, because that’s why guesting is used so heavily – so they can get it done NOW, and not slowly do it as and when. You chose to do it a suboptimal way which didn’t involve guesting. That’s great, but it has nothing to do with how others did it.

Also, that you doubt many people were doing it with multiple characters is cute, but it’s pretty clear that ArenaNet believe they did. So should we believe ArenaNet, who have access to the figures, or you, who has access to an anecdote?

Somehow I’m going with the latter. I don’t expect the overflows to instantly vanish, and at peak times they will still be there for sure (but less severe – i.e. less people will end up in the overflow), but this is likely to help, and denying it will be based on personal anecdotes is truly silly, given ArenaNet clearly believe the opposite, and actually have access to the info.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If any of you are tracking it, I’m curious what the value of Ectos was at at the time of this thread being created and what they’re at now.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Best I can give you: GW2 spidy ecto prices

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19721

Though I have plenty of purchases of 3 or 4 of them back in October when I was creating my first lvl80 exo set. They cost me 13s each. So I don’t know how accurate spidy is. At least its an average of the price increase/decrease over time.
EDIT: it’s accurate just use the slider at the bottom and it zooms in to the specific dates.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

This game truly does not reward you decently for anything, the new chest loots were like an oasis in a desert. Why do you think people flocked to them? The risk/time vs reward on most other things is absolutely horrible. If they are nerfing this then CoF path 1 must be getting nerfed too because that is far better for money farming, although it makes you want to smash your face into a wall. ArenaNet’s biggest problem is not rewarding players, people don’t want to earn a small portion of token currency for their main reward. People want to get cool loot and this game does not deliver on that front, instead it’s here’s a breadcrumb! Soon you’ll be able to make a whole loaf of bread!

How about just making other things in the game lucrative as well? Give finishing any event chain a chance for a rare/exotic. Reward rares for events that don’t get run often. That would certainly spread people out to lesser played zones. Make some actual hard events that reward decent loot.

I agree with this. Nobody does Temple events anymore on my server it seem. Also megadetroyer gets no go because of the rewards lacking.

Mega Boss loot changes

Szamsziel.5627

To those complaining on the overflow I have a question. Why do you care if you are in overflow instead on normal instance?
If you came for the Dragon because timer said so – this is called hypocrisy – others went there earlier.
If to complete hearts, and gather resources : the same you can do the same entire in both instances
If for influence or partying with folks – Anet should just add – join party overflow instance like in dungeons and influence given there should be accounted to main server

Mega Boss loot changes

Mungrul.9358

If you came for the Dragon because timer said so – this is called hypocrisy – others went there earlier.

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or trying to enforce standards, attitudes, lifestyles, virtues, beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually hold. Hypocrisy is not simply failing to practice those virtues that one preaches.

Mega Boss loot changes

Szamsziel.5627

First of all I’ve used it for the first time. Secondly in the scenario I’ve described this context is valid – promoting not dragon rushing when the time come, but trying to do exactly the same.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

This has been pretty confusing between Martin’s post and the original dev post.

So let me get this straight … if I only have one level 80, nothing will change for me, right?

I can still do all of the major dragon events and other high level chest events (on the dragon timer pages), and still be guaranteed a rare drop in EACH of those chests, correct? The only change is that you can’t log into another character and get those chests again, CORRECT?

Mega Boss loot changes

Mad Rasputin.7809

I believe you can log in with an ALT and still get the chest, just not the guaranteed rare.

And yes, if you have one level 80 character you can still do all the events and nothing will change for you.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I believe you can log in with an ALT and still get the chest, just not the guaranteed rare.

And yes, if you have one level 80 character you can still do all the events and nothing will change for you.

That’s not accurate.

Even with only 1 level 80 character things will change.

Instead of having 1 rare or higher per chest per boss event, you’ll have a menial chance at said rare or higher.

Things are changing and these are bad changes that Anet needs to step back and look at. Does changing the chest loot actually help the game. If they see it as helpful, then they need a new look. Other aspects of the game need to be as rewarding as these. That’s the real flaw, not the chest or its reward system.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Conner, it does not matter if they are “spread out through the day”. Farming with multiple characters increases load, and we know people do not “spread out through the day” that much, because that’s why guesting is used so heavily – so they can get it done NOW, and not slowly do it as and when. You chose to do it a suboptimal way which didn’t involve guesting. That’s great, but it has nothing to do with how others did it.

Also, that you doubt many people were doing it with multiple characters is cute, but it’s pretty clear that ArenaNet believe they did. So should we believe ArenaNet, who have access to the figures, or you, who has access to an anecdote?

Somehow I’m going with the latter. I don’t expect the overflows to instantly vanish, and at peak times they will still be there for sure (but less severe – i.e. less people will end up in the overflow), but this is likely to help, and denying it will be based on personal anecdotes is truly silly, given ArenaNet clearly believe the opposite, and actually have access to the info.

It’s cute that you think that you have an inkling of an idea as to how I farmed the events without me saying one thing about it. You are placing facts where none were given. The same as you are doing with this Fix. Let me point out the major reason they are implementing. It’s not overflows it is the Economy. I never said there won’t be less, but I am flat out stating this fix is not to combat the overflows. More the fool if you think it is.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

I am honestly surprised that there is still some confusion about this upcoming change. So let me try to clarify it once more:

Current:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per character from the event chest. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.
After the change:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per account from an extra chest that will be displayed like the chest for the dailies. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

And from what we all remember the normal drop chance blows…….<the reason for the countless threads prior which resulted in the change in the 1st place. It is the same for every standard drop in this game..the chances are not good resulting in an unrewarding feeling of play. That is why so many players gravitate towards Cof p1, trading on tp, and the current alt chest farm…..b/c normal play is NOT rewarding<—-there’s the main problem

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Martin, I appreciate your clarification, but I think the real question people have that is causing confusion is thus:

• Is the special item from a given boss, like Final Rest from SB or Eternal Ice from Maw, only available in the loot table for the guaranteed rare (or better)? Or is it also available in the loot table for the other items that come from the chest as well?
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Alas Scholar Brogun, I knew him well.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I am honestly surprised that there is still some confusion about this upcoming change. So let me try to clarify it once more:

Current:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per character from the event chest. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.
After the change:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per account from an extra chest that will be displayed like the chest for the dailies. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.

So the guaranteed rare is going to an account-based daily. Does that mean the “event chest” can go back to being looted more than once per day?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

The special drops, Final Rest lets say from SB, will still drop from the normal chest. The only thing that is changing is the ONE guaranteed rare will come from a chest like the daily chest is One per event, per account, per day.

The boss chest can still be looted once per day, per character. So you still have the same chance as before to get Final Rest or other special drop. That hasn’t changed.

Hjorje

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Current:
After the change:

So the guaranteed rare is going to an account-based daily. Does that mean the “event chest” can go back to being looted more than once per day?

….It’ll be just like b4 they added the guaranteed rares…same crap chest lootable mutiple times a day via alts. The only difference will be an added little chest on the side which will have a rare+in it attched with account bound limitations.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Mega Boss loot changes

Mad Rasputin.7809

Yeah, pretty much the same as before the buff. But now, you will actually be rewarded for doing an event the first time every day. Not ONLY crap.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

It means that there is, once again, no good reason to have an alt.

Disagree. You can park an alt at every dragon/mega boss and switch to them when the pre-event starts. No need to spend anything to map into the waypoint. You don’t need a decked-out 80 to survive a boss kill. You could even name your alt after the boss he stands around waiting to kill.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

Mega Boss loot changes

Healix.5819

The special drops, Final Rest lets say from SB, will still drop from the normal chest. The only thing that is changing is the ONE guaranteed rare will come from a chest like the daily chest is One per event, per account, per day.

The boss chest can still be looted once per day, per character. So you still have the same chance as before to get Final Rest or other special drop. That hasn’t changed.

The question was, can Final Rest drop from the account bound daily chest?

If not, that means your chances are actually lowered, because that’s 1 less roll you have at obtaining one, since 1 item is being removed. If you go with the theory that the guaranteed rare was actually a modifier, meaning it had a higher chance to be an exotic compared to any other item in the chest, that means your chances are actually greatly reduced.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

The guaranteed rare wasn’t part of the equation when determining the drops from the chest. It was already guaranteed. So the chances to get the Final Rest will be the same as it was.

Hjorje

Mega Boss loot changes

Healix.5819

The guaranteed rare wasn’t part of the equation when determining the drops from the chest. It was already guaranteed. So the chances to get the Final Rest will be the same as it was.

False. I’ve gotten one of the unique exotics (Eternal Ice) instead of a rare. The slot was a guaranteed rare or better, as said by Martin in his last post.

If the account bound chest can contain Final Rest, then yes, the chances are the same. If not, that’s -1 chances.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

What, nobody ever read the loot tables in the back of a DM’s guide before?

You roll on a table for rarity and then roll to see what it is. Likely the rare table has a tiny chance for a roll on the exotic table.

All they are changing is if you don’t get an rare in the 5 rolls, one is turned to a rare. Just now it’s not one rare per character per 24 hours but one rare per account. Doesn’t affect the people who aren’t shuffling between characters.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

Current:
After the change:

Seriously people, its not that complicated.

You can loot the chests as many times as you have characters, but you only get a garunteed rare (or better) once per event per day.

How can it be any more clear?