[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

customer support got back to me, they will not be offering a way to get back an old T3 skin, if you want it back after the change, you will have to rebuy the skin. the only thing that will be offered is the refund of 800 gems and an automatic reskin when the new one is put in.

Thank you crusaders and anet, you just screwed people out of even more gold.

To be honest, you DO deserve at least those item appearance restoring things. At least you should get them even if they don’t offer them to you, so you can go back to your old look without that much of an expense.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

customer support got back to me, they will not be offering a way to get back an old T3 skin, if you want it back after the change, you will have to rebuy the skin. the only thing that will be offered is the refund of 800 gems and an automatic reskin when the new one is put in.

To be honest, you DO deserve at least those item appearance restoring things. At least you should get them even if they don’t offer them to you, so you can go back to your old look without that much of an expense.

Transmutation splitters will only revert the armor back to the original (in this case, the exotic one) + the current skin. That means people will have to spend another 100g+ again + stones to get their T3 EXOTIC. That is just crazy. They better think of a better way to compensate for this mess.

And what about the people who overwrote another skin for the flamekissed one? They should get the look they had before transmuting to flamekissed back, NOT a COF set.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I’m glad they listened to majority of the community and I’m sure they will find a solution for people who put the skin on their existing t3.

yeah the majority of kitten whiny self entitle brats who are complaining about people who payed real life money while they paid make believe money.

this forum is so “kitten -backwards” in every other game with micro-transactions people have no problem with either buying APPEARANCE items with either real money or ingame currency. however here people have a hissy fit.

The original hissyfit should never have happened in the first place, or if it did it should have covered them all since all 3 sets were re-skins. The fact that it only targeted the light because it was cultural was the biggest hypocrisy of them all.

lol anyone can get the heavy and hobo set for cheap and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who even likes them at all.

Complaining that armor that was already universal is now universal is kind of pointless.

So basically you’re saying it’s ok to revamp one kind of skin but not another?

Yes I am.

If you seriously can’t understand the difference between a couple thousand karma or 60badge armor set, a 950Badge+5.44g armor set, and a 120g+crystals(~40g) racial armor set then I really don’t know what kind of discussion we could possibly have.

real life money > make believe money. ask any economist.

If $10 takes the same amount of work to make as 160g then you probably shouldn’t be spending such precious money on pixels you have no ownership over.

Alternatively you could also buy HT3 with real money which would come out to about $35.

35>10, ask any mathematician.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Amazing. So now if the new skin isn’t to my taste, I won’t be able to get my gold (gem to gold ratio is screwed) or money back. If I want my old skin back, I’ll have to buy transmutation stones and the previous skin I had.
I bet they will erase the gear altogether if you ask for the refund so I’ll have to get another set of exotic armor and runes too?
So because they screwed up, they’re basically wasting our time/gold/money.
That’s a scandal really especially considering I’m not buying the “sorry it was a mistake” story they told us.

Posted by: hchadw.1097

hchadw.1097

So now one portion of the community has essentially walked off with another portions spent assets… Thanks for nothing guys. I’m sure there will be lots of people who will appreciate you immensely for that.

all they did was hurt themselves…..i know i wont be spending cash in this game anymore, and i imagine im not the only one now….. the incentive to drop any cash on this game for me now has we Swoosh… Gone.. They keep it up theres gonna be even More ghost towns in this game … to many new things coming out and players are migrating to other MMORPGS… thats what the REAL GW2 migration thing is starting to look like

Star Ace.5207

Transmutation splitters will only revert the armor back to the original (in this case, the exotic one) + the current skin. That means people will have to spend another 100g+ again + stones to get their T3 EXOTIC. That is just crazy. They better think of a better way to compensate for this mess.

Then I agree, they must compensate each and all players that lost their light T3 to Flamekissed, if they don’t like the look of the new Flamekissed better, which will probably be the case for most of them. Simply put, they got switched and baited, which is the worse crime.

(And this doesn’t concern me at all, BTW.)

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

gems are not real they have no real life value nor does gold anet can set any price for gems as they see fit

so 10$ > 160 make believe monies.

Substance E.4852

gems are not real they have no real life value nor does gold anet can set any price for gems as they see fit

And they can revoke any armor skin they see fit it seems.

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

So now one portion of the community has essentially walked off with another portions spent assets… Thanks for nothing guys. I’m sure there will be lots of people who will appreciate you immensely for that.

all they did was hurt themselves…..i know i wont be spending cash in this game anymore, and i imagine im not the only one now….. the incentive to drop any cash on this game for me now has we Swoosh… Gone.. They keep it up theres gonna be even More ghost towns in this game … to many new things coming out and players are migrating to other MMORPGS… thats what the REAL GW2 migration thing is starting to look like

I’m afraid I can’t agree with you. ANet isn’t the one that raised the roof when the armor skins came out, a good portion of the community is to blame for that.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Leo Paul.1659

Now they’re making more and more people upset via their choice of “compensation”.

Khallis.5708

people can also charge back their credit cards as they see fit for fraud.

hchadw.1097

I’m afraid I can’t agree with you. ANet isn’t the one that raised the roof when the armor skins came out, a good portion of the community is to blame for that.

yes and it was their choice to side with that portion of the community… so if you agree with me/us or not still doesnt change the fact … Anet got bullied by one portion of the community and burned another… thats a fact even YOU cant deny!

Substance E.4852

Might want to read that EULA before you get a lawyer there buddy. You also bought $10 worth of gems, not armor.

Berelious.3290

yes and it was their choice to side with that portion of the community… so if you agree with me/us or not still doesnt change the fact … Anet got bullied by one portion of the community and burned another… thats a fact even YOU cant deny!

Oh I’m not denying it. I’m simply picking a far better target to be angry at. ANet is only guilty of trying to please their customers. I’m angry at the customers who raised the roof.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

So I have a question on this (that I haven’t seen answered yet):
As someone who bought the skin because it looks beautiful, and used it immediately, if I don’t like the new skin ANet makes for it, and choose to get the refund… What will actually happen to the armour I applied the skin to?
http://i.imgur.com/Wn40Feo.jpg

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

ohhh shheeeet some people just got screwed over! I just wasted 100g but oh well

hchadw.1097

Oh I’m not denying it. I’m simply picking a far better target to be angry at. ANet is only guilty of trying to please their customers. I’m angry at the customers who raised the roof.

True True…the community QQers didnt help either but this makes one wander whos game this is.. Anets or a bunch of babies that feel like the Leet-E-thugness is under direct threat! Nice to know that Anet doesnt make the important decisions,, they let the real pros… the gamers decide :-)

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

The male winged armor looks awfull according to me.
I like the tribal one (named masquerade in PvP).

I would personnaly like an armor identical to the light human T3 with some flames and particule effects…

Khallis.5708

Might want to read that EULA before you get a lawyer there buddy. You also bought $10 worth of gems, not armor.

oh you would be surprised homey. i’ve seen charge backs for LOT less.

here is an example, true story too people did charge backs on their credit card because they were upset that in one of the recent WWE pay per views where at the end a guy “won” the title and then in a switcheroo he got “stripped” of the belt the next night.

and people got their money back.

(edited by Khallis.5708)

Berelious.3290

As someone who bought the skin because it looks beautiful, and used it immediately, if I don’t like the new skin ANet makes for it, and choose to get the refund… What will actually happen to the armour I applied the skin to?
!http://i.imgur.com/Wn40Feo.jpg!

The armor will continue to exist, but with the updated look. If you like it there’s no issue. If you don’t, you can send a ticket to support to get a gem refund. I don’t know what happens to the armor if you get a refund though.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Star Ace.5207

I’m glad they listened to majority of the community and I’m sure they will find a solution for people who put the skin on their existing t3.

yeah the majority of kitten whiny self entitle brats who are complaining about people who payed real life money while they paid make believe money.

this forum is so “kitten -backwards” in every other game with micro-transactions people have no problem with either buying APPEARANCE items with either real money or ingame currency. however here people have a hissy fit.

The original hissyfit should never have happened in the first place, or if it did it should have covered them all since all 3 sets were re-skins. The fact that it only targeted the light because it was cultural was the biggest hypocrisy of them all.

lol anyone can get the heavy and hobo set for cheap and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who even likes them at all.

Complaining that armor that was already universal is now universal is kind of pointless.

So basically you’re saying it’s ok to revamp one kind of skin but not another?

Yes I am.

If you seriously can’t understand the difference between a couple thousand karma or 60badge armor set, a 950Badge+5.44g armor set, and a 120g+crystals(~40g) racial armor set then I really don’t know what kind of discussion we could possibly have.

real life money > make believe money. ask any economist.

If $10 takes the same amount of work to make as 160g then you probably shouldn’t be spending such precious money on pixels you have no ownership over.

Alternatively you could also buy HT3 with real money which would come out to about $35.

35>10, ask any mathematician.

See how math compensates those who were essentially baited and switched. Math is not what life is all about, even if that’s what your personality tends to prefer (which is fine-I am not belittling you.)

No offense intended, but this “argument” goes beyond which of the two sets is harder to acquire or more expensive. Some people liked fire particles, added them to their T3 armor thinking it an “upgrade” (a view I don’t share), and thus relinquished their “Exclusivity” away because they like fire. HOWEVER, they are now being penalized for liking fiery particles, because some part of the community were slighted in that either they paid much more money to get the same look (your current stance, which isn’t entirely true-non fiery is subjectively a better look to some) or that their “exclusivity” was taken away. The ANet “crime” that wasn’t was “rectified” by punishing those who legally bought a look offered on the TP, preview and all, and exchanged for who knows what skin they will use now, which is worse to all players who initially thought the fiery particles an upgrade of their T3-basically, this is a HUGE, REAL problem for those players rather than the perceived “problem” the original issue was.

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Actually, I would totally pay the 120g for the set. That’s how much I like having it on my male Sylvari. Not kidding in the slightest. Would that make you feel better, people who bought t3 human? I’m being serious – if the price were the same, would you still be quite so livid?

Not really, since it’s a set that has Requires Race: Human on it. Suddenly up for grabs by any race. Only way it’d be reasonable to me as an individual, is if they came out with a patch to all the Cultural sets, lifting their racial requirements. I completely understand that other players of different races would want the Human Light Cultural Tier 3 set, as it always looked good. It has one of the best meshes in the game, if you ask me. Add some nice particle effects and textures to it, and it’s even nicer. It’s also one of the first proper fiery-themed armors they’ve done that actually looks nice. The Medium and Heavy sets are examples of poorly done ones. As are the CoF armor, the gloves we got from the Living Story, and the achievement pieces of gear. Granted, that is my personal opinion, and there may be someone that absolutely adores the Medium and Heavy sets of these new skins. I don’t fancy them however.

Personally, even if I was extremely annoyed over seeing the Cultural I spent a lot of time farming for back in the day, up for grabs for half the cost—at a time when 60 G isn’t really all that much—and available to all races. I wouldn’t mind if they let those who purchased it keep it. But, you do then get a suddenly very exclusive and rare skin that is no longer available for purchase within the player base, a ultra-rare skin that didn’t require you to win a contest, to achieve something more than to pick up your credit card and/or in-game Gold. A rather good looking skin at that. This will likely just cause envy, disappointment and anger for future players who wishes to obtain it. That’s not good either.

Arguably, that can be said to be the case for the Braham/Rox items as well. They are/were also exclusive in a sense, although they have appeared again for purchase, and may probably appear and disappear at a repeated interval throughout the years. This is not something they can do with this set though, as it caused enough commotion for them to take it out. In other words, it’s a set that would remain exclusive, and more so over the years as players who purchased it stops playing, plays other characters, etc.

I wholly understand that players who purchased the skin wishes to keep it. I wouldn’t mind personally if you could. But, I do see where ArenaNet is coming from as well. Who knows, perhaps they are smart enough to make a similar themed set, as in a set that shows skin, with a equal particle and texture to it, which makes those who purchased it more than happy to get the change implemented. We don’t really know before we see what they do with it. Otherwise, yes, I get that it is rather large problem to just change it. Players have likely themed their characters to fit the set. That includes expensive weapons such as the Volcanus, expensive dyes, such as, e.g., Pyre. Makeover kits and the likes. They can have transmuted it over other Gem Store skins, Cultural, and so on forth. I can’t see how they can remotely refund in full (as was written by the Community rep.), the players who doesn’t like the new design.

It’s a compensation nightmare.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

hchadw.1097

Well i guess im going to bed now.. I got a silly infraction point for saying unpopular things about Anet. I think they have finally sealed the deal in the No More Money from Me coffin after that little P.M. Pffft to many people are so super sensitive these days.
And to think i bought 2 copies of this game …. the horror!
Well anet muscle has been flexed in my direction im off to bed before they give me another infraction point for telling the truth.. i know it hurts… but hey… little pain never hurt anyone

BazeDragon.3927

!http://i.imgur.com/Wn40Feo.jpg!

The armor will continue to exist, but with the updated look. If you like it there’s no issue. If you don’t, you can send a ticket to support to get a gem refund. I don’t know what happens to the armor if you get a refund though.

That there is pretty much my question. If they delete the armour, that’s all my runes and I put on it gone. If they leave it with the skin.. Who isn’t going to claim not to like it for the 800 gems? It’s a free skin that way.
The only thing I can think of is them mailing players with skin versions of the armours they transmuted, or reverting them to those skins. But that’s probably too much work.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I blame you all for thefuture disappearance of skimpy mesmer nornettes. X-(

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Hmmm

since it appears customer service is about to make totally bone-headed move that will certainly lose them customers, it might be a really good idea to get hold of reps like Regina and Gaile (are those the right ones?) right NOW before this nonsense occurs. Maybe there is still time to head it off at the pass and to find a sensible solution that isn’t totally stupid.

Star Ace.5207

Not really, since it’s a set that has Requires Race: Human on it. Suddenly up for grabs by any race.

Do you really believe everybody thinks the fiery version is better than the original? The real light T3 was still exclusive, because it was exclusively “plain”. Not every player thinks fire particles “improves” their armor.

So no, it was never “up for grabs” for all races, because not all races could get the “vanilla” version, which to some would be a better option.

Of course, I wouldn’t have used the human T3 in the first place was I a decision maker in this game, but I doubt there was any malice on their part, other than cashing in on the fire particles-loving crowd. However, those who legally paid for the look they previewed on the TP must be compensated, ESPECIALLY if they trashed their original cultural armor for it.

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

Posted by: ricochett.5761

ricochett.5761

Let me explain why removing flamekissed is a bad thing. I payed for 4000 gems(€).. 800 for the set, 350 total makeover and the rest exchanged for gold to craft a firebringer to match the set, that i bought on tp a new set to keep the old one, bought another 6. Superior Rune of traveler. If i dont like the new set my account stays all messed up. am i the only one with this problem?

(edited by ricochett.5761)

Posted by: Dreamtrip.6093

Dreamtrip.6093

ANet has their job cut out for them.

1 Get a new skin that satisfies everyone that bought the skin.

2 If people don’t like it they have even more work:
– Give people their gems back, if it was gifted, they will have to find out who the person was who gifted the set to give them their gems back.
– Give the people that dont want the new skin their old skins back.

Seems a lot of work just to satisfy a group of complainers.

Posted by: Moose.2356

Moose.2356

reskin it to something like this
http://img90.xooimage.com/files/0/5/7/tissus-femme-3b7bf78.jpg
only with the flames and lava etc

Berelious.3290

Let me explain why removing flamekissed is a bad thing. I payed for 4000 gems(€).. 800 for the set, 350 total makeover and the rest exchanged for gold to craft a firebringer to match the set, that i bought on tp a new set to keep the old one, bought another 6. Superior Rune of traveler. If i dont like the new set my account is ruinekittenhe only one with this problem?

I’ll admit that I hadn’t had a chance to purchase the skins yet… But no, you won’t be the only one with this problem. And I happen to agree with you that removing it and changing it is a bad idea. However, apparently a portion of our fellow gamers didn’t give ANet much choice in the matter.

Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Substance E.4852

Hmmm

since it appears customer service is about to make totally bone-headed move that will certainly lose them customers, it might be a really good idea to get hold of reps like Regina and Gaile (are those the right ones?) right NOW before this nonsense occurs. Maybe there is still time to head it off at the pass and to find a sensible solution that isn’t totally stupid.

That assumes the new armor isn’t just a tweaked mesh that isn’t a 1:1 of HT3 or a whole new armor in the same skimpy, belly dancer style. Anet was boneheaded enough to start this whole mess but they likely saw how many bought it and will try to keep the new mesh as close as they can to not only keep people happy but also to keep selling the armor.

People keep thinking it will be pug fugly and not at all the same when there is no reason for a for profit company to do something like that.

hchadw.1097

ANet has their job cut out for them.

1 Get a new skin that satisfies everyone that bought the skin.

2 If people don’t like it they have even more work:
– Give people their gems back, if it was gifted, they will have to find out who the person was who gifted the set to give them their gems back.
– Give the people that dont want the new skin their old skins back.

Seems a lot of work just to satisfy a group of complainers.

So very True… this keeps up the only people left that play the game are gonna be the ones that are always afk in LA with all their prestigious and legendary equipment with no one to play with .. they they will have to try to do a late save for the game with Hero/mercenary NPC’s to add to your party just to keep the game alive just like in gw1….. this does not bode well for the future hehe. oh well! GL HF!

hchadw.1097

Planetside 2 has made lots of changes if you want a break from all this drama check it out.. its like an FPS MMORPG i think thats what im gonna do. Anet mods are going nuts right now.. must be orders from the top…. (Delete posts that make us look bad) careful Anet trolls are out! :-)

Posted by: Manda D Ulin.2367

Manda D Ulin.2367

This. Unfortunately, Arenanet is just following what the community asks for. It’s not the company’s problem, trying to please the customers, the problem is that the customers are… well, don’t get me started.

The real problem is a minor section of the community cried and now another section of the community is starting to find out about it but only after Anet sided with the prior.

BazeDragon.3927

Planetside 2 has made lots of changes if you want a break from all this drama check it out.. its like an FPS MMORPG i think thats what im gonna do. Anet mods are going nuts right now.. must be orders from the top…. (Delete posts that make us look bad) careful Anet trolls are out! :-)

Uh, take out the RPG part. I doubt PSide2 will appeal to a fair portion of the community. Defiance or Firefall may be more to their tastes. But lets not go to advertising other games here yet. Might get us in trouble.

Leo Paul.1659

Hmmm

^This. If they think 800 gems and reverting the armor back to its original skin (the very first skin used) is enough compensation for this whole fiasco, they better think again. A debacle as big as this cannot be satiated by that alone. In fact, that’ll only introduce another outrage.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

hchadw.1097

This. Unfortunately, Arenanet is just following what the community asks for. It’s not the company’s problem, trying to please the customers, the problem is that the customers are… well, don’t get me started.

The real problem is a minor section of the community cried and now another section of the community is starting to find out about it but only after Anet sided with the prior.

Yes and if you say anything that even targets that said group in anyway anet will delete your post and give you warning so becareful what you say mods are watching this thread like crazy! things like QQers/Whiners may not be ok… someone may QQ or Whine about it! :-)

hchadw.1097

Uh, take out the RPG part. I doubt PSide2 will appeal to a fair portion of the community. Defiance or Firefall may be more to their tastes. But lets not go to advertising other games here yet. Might get us in trouble.

nope not advertising at all.. just would love to see some of my gw2 mates in ps2.. god knows i have brought over a bunch of PS2 players to this game.. yet Sony has yet to get mad about that.. anet so sensitive these days.. must be all the hate :-)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

• We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
  • Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
  • We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

I got a good mesh for you to use:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Masquerade_armor

I’d so buy that for my ele…

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

^This. If they think 800 gems and reverting the armor back to its original skin (the very first skin used) is enough compensation for this whole fiasco, they better think again. A debacle as big as this cannot be satiated by that alone. In fact, that’ll only introduce another outrage.

Then again, there are people who believe it serves us right. Look what someone answered me on another thread. Priceless really.

…The answer by the community to the release of the Flamekissed armour was almost unanimous – hence the response from ANet that must have happened. In-game chat, forum chat, reddit, literally everywhere the community objections were present.
If you then went on to craft new objects in order to match the new looks – let’s face it, it is your own mistake. The mistake on ANet’s part to release this skin was like a “bug” of the game that should not have happened in the first place. The gem refund is all that you deserve, really.

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

I hope you’re right about that, I hope that it’s not the majority that are brain afk. But you know what they say, never underestimate human stupidity.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The Flamekissed armor IS human scholar Tier 3 cultural armor, with a few flames tacked on, but is made available to all races.

Therefore, human scholars have lost their exclusivity in terms of having their own cultural armor skin; no other race/class combination gets the same treatment. This is unfair.

Exactly. Either exclusivity needs to be preserved for everyone, or equally removed. Anet decided to go for the first option. They might have went for the second one (though it would require much greater effort). What they couldn’t do was to let it stay as it were.

Should look for a way to make everyone happy, Those that want it keep it, those that want to change it can, those that want to keep the exclusivity of the classic vintage one. Mabe give those that bought the t3 human armor gold equal to the value in transmutation stones, i dunno im just spitting out ideas?

Wouldn’t work. In the end, it would either stay exclusive, or lose that exclusivity. You can’t just say “yeah, it’s exclusive… except for those people that shouted very loudly”. It was an attempt to do that that started the whole problem.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ayras.1543

Ayras.1543

Let me explain why removing flamekissed is a bad thing. I payed for 4000 gems(€).. 800 for the set, 350 total makeover and the rest exchanged for gold to craft a firebringer to match the set, that i bought on tp a new set to keep the old one, bought another 6. Superior Rune of traveler. If i dont like the new set my account stays all messed up. am i the only one with this problem?

this was my 2 elementalist, i have your problem. I used 800 for set, 350×2 total makeoverkit, crafted 2 incinerator skin based, bought 6 traveler, new set, and new sigils

Manda D Ulin.2367

Yes and if you say anything that even targets that said group in anyway anet will delete your post and give you warning so becareful what you say mods are watching this thread like crazy! things like QQers/Whiners may not be ok… someone may QQ or Whine about it! :-)

So true…. Its just a shame they couldn’t wait for the votes to get tallied in a game that houses millions when a mere handful sheds a tear.

Leo Paul.1659

Then again, there are people who believe it serves us right. Look what someone answered me on another thread. Priceless really.

…The answer by the community to the release of the Flamekissed armour was almost unanimous – hence the response from ANet that must have happened. In-game chat, forum chat, reddit, literally everywhere the community objections were present.
If you then went on to craft new objects in order to match the new looks – let’s face it, it is your own mistake. The mistake on ANet’s part to release this skin was like a “bug” of the game that should not have happened in the first place. The gem refund is all that you deserve, really.

If they can’t see how big of an issue this is and how much this affects the community, disregarding the fact that Anet even had to take down the item from the gem store and had to redo the entire thing, then they are simply being ignorant.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

You are wrong at the very basis of your statement.

To begin with, the only representative part of the community is that which is active both in game and on the official forums. No one will force anyone to take active part. It is up to the interested parties to share their views, opinions and ideas. If the rest does not take part in the discussion on the official forums or in the game ( with whatever their motives may be ), then it is more than obvious they should not have anything to say with regards to some “minority crying”.
What is more, having in mind the above, it is a total mistake to say only a “minority cried”. The response was almost unanimous, and it is evidenced in the numerous topics, even the threads that included both sides of the argument were overwhelmed with the “dissatisfied” people. Hence, de facto, the majority “cried”, as you ironically stated.
Not to mention that ANet did admit that it was not the best idea to introduce a skin that is a “refined” version of a cultural armour, which in turned has been underlined on numerous occasions to be exclusive to appropriate races of Tyria. Therefore, it was, de facto, not a “cry” but a correct response on the overwhelming majority of the community.
To sum it up, you have no point here and posting such disrespectful and half-baked messages is wrong. Reconsider your behaviour before you ironically offend the majority that voices their opinions. Thanks.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

hchadw.1097

I have 2 elementalist, i have your problem. I used 800 for set, 350×2 total makeoverkit, crafted 2 incinerator skin based, bought 6 traveler, new set, and new sigils

OUCH!!!!! guess you wont spend real money any more YIKES! i thought i had it bad.. Im only gonna lose about 120g on my t3 i feel SUPER bad for you m8!

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

If you start being reasonable, it is anything but priceless, really. Just think it over. You will arrive at the same conclusion.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Manda D Ulin.2367

You are wrong at the very basis of your statement.

To begin with, the only representative part of the community is that which is active both in game and on the official forums. No one will force anyone to take active part. It is up to the interested parties to share their views, opinions and ideas. If the rest does not take part in the discussion on the official forums or in the game ( with whatever their motives may be ), then it is more than obvious they should not have anything to say with regards to some “minority crying”.
What is more, having in mind the above, it is a total mistake to say only a “minority cried”. The response was almost unanimous, and it is evidenced in the numerous topics, even the threads that included both sides of the argument were overwhelmed with the “dissatisfied” people. Hence, de facto, the majority “cried”, as you ironically stated.
Not to mention that ANet did admit that it was not the best idea to introduce a skin that is a “refined” version of a cultural armour, which in turned has been underlined on numerous occasions to be exclusive to appropriate races of Tyria. Therefore, it was, de facto, not a “cry” but a correct response on the overwhelming majority of the community.
To sum it up, you have no point here and posting such disrespectful and half-baked messages is wrong. Reconsider your behaviour before you ironically offend the majority that voices their opinions. Thanks.

It’s up the community to inform itself there’s an active debate taking place over the first 14 hours after release of an item they may have gone to work after buying that determines the entire future of said item? Please…