[Merged] Your opinions of the LFG tool

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sorcerer.3095

Sorcerer.3095

Hmm ok, I thought with LFG it would be changed (no more specific “instance leader/opener”) but apparently not, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I wish there was a queue.

I’m do kitten glad there is no kitten queue !

this type of lfg system is the best i’ve seen as far a lfg systems go.
putting me in a queue deprives me of joining with people i want to join and instead joins me with every tom bob and mary hell no !!!! big NO to queue’s and automatic dungeon teleporting !

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

I just tried it… I didnt even know that I had it.. I checked it yesterday and didnt have it, then today bam… whatyaknow….

So I tried it.. And I must say i was rather impressed. I was in a fractal with 4 people from other servers in seconds. One had to leave at the outset… So we fired it up from within the fractal and boom.. Someone else was in there with us.. again, within seconds.

It needs rolled out to more people from what I can see.

Excellent job Anet.
It was well worth the wait.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Instance owner needs to stay. A player should be able to start a group with a stated style of play without it being hijacked by others.

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

Make the tool for doing dungeons exactly like WoW’s Looking for Dungeon system.

1) You just enter a queue for one or more dungeons you want to do
2) Queue finds 5 people, assembles a group automatically together
3) You click “yes” and get ported inside that dungeon

I’m baffled you guys didn’t do this to begin with. It´s 2013. We want the most time efficient tool for this. It is not efficient to hit refresh manually, to stop doing whatever you are doing in the game (pvp, wvw, farming) to once again check for available groups, to try and join a group just to get a “nope : ), too late, that group is already full”.

I hate world of warcraft. I don’t enjoy playing it. Make the dungeon tool exactly like we have on it at the very least.

Edit: GW2 had become one of my favorite games ever (not just MMO) from the second day I started playing it and understood all the new great things you made for it. With the management decisions of pushing living story too fast, horrible LFG system and the fact that you went back with a server shard model instead of the perfect GW1 no-server system is making me lose hope in this game and wonder if I should keep investing my time on it, since we are not getting the best quality product.

At this point , after seeing this manually-driven LFG tool, I have a hard time recommending GW2 for people anymore. It would be embarrassing for both me and them when they try it and feel like they were ported back to 1999 with a so outdated tool.

(edited by Revler.2359)

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Automatic queue tool won’t work in this game. We need a more open tool, not a more closed one.

Open, as in allowing us to create a group without being restricted by specific options (for example, a group that just runs around the open world and does stuff). That means we need to read the group description and agree to it before joining.

One of the groups I’ve seen today stated that they did not intend to finish an explorable path (they were farming some boss). Now imagine that the automatic tool adds a person that wants a full clear of the path to that group. Waste of time and resources.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Worked great so far I tried it once , jumped into a lvl 10 fotm almost instantly. It’s awesome we finally got it and it works

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I want give you a bit feedback from today dear devs:-)

I am glad you add LFG tool but it need much mure feature before majority of players starts prefer it before gw2lfg.com

I tried today make a speed run party, I was very specific what I looking for (level, gear, ect) a must kick about 20 people what are I dont know.. lets say were too casual to understand what I want in description. I also feel bad for that kicking because its wrong.

So here is list of features what may prevent this misunderstandings (lets say it will be some checklist what dont allow players without those specifications even see party offer in roster):
- Level restriction
- Class restriction
- Gear rarity and stat type restriction
- Let party creator see players gear and build (like in SPvP)

Also instead of creating party and waiting for players to join make something like list of currently avaible players. Player fit some quick description and wait till someone pick him from the list. Also some system to rate players by other players will be great it learn some people behave better.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

A player rating system is a terrible idea. All those other restrictions that you want is something that I don’t care about since I would just avoid any group like yours so that is not a bad idea.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think your restrictions would work. What if someone is on a low-level alt, and waiting to see if certain dungeons or events might be available. They must sit idle on their maxed character just to peruse the LFG tool? As far as gear, I suppose you could specify you will be doing a gear check, and they can whisper you with it, or something. Not sure how you ping a build, but I never do that, so I may just be clueless about that.

Oh, and yes, player ratings are a horrible idea. Who gets to judge and declare ratings?

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

-Level restriction

No, please

- Class restriction

No, please

No, please

No, please

A giant NOPE.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I agree with you, OP.

Maybe the discrimination will become such an issue that bad players will suck it up and decide to actually try being good so they can get in to groups by gearing properly.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Leroy Brown.6419

Leroy Brown.6419

It does need to be done. When I specify certain things on GW2LFG I get what I ask for. When I use the LFG in game, I get people clicking merge without reading at all and there’s no way to stop it. It’s frustrating considering I do use the description box, people just won’t read. There should be some means of stopping people from joining/merging who don’t meet the description.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well gw2lfg.com has one GREAT benefit. That need to actualy open browser, go to site and made lfg there filter that 80% totaly useless players and you simply get only relatively good players. Now when you have LFG in game those players just push one big flashing button (most time binded on same key as autoattack:-)) without any of those restriction you get what you get now.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

-Level restriction

No, please

- Class restriction

No, please

No, please

No, please

A giant NOPE.

Why wouldn’t you want the tool to help people find people they prefer to play with?
As it is, they’d probably just kick you if you’re not what they’re looking for leading to more bruised egos.

AntiGw.9367

I don’t think any of those will be implemented, and for a good reason.

(I don’t think so based on general vibes I got from listening what developers were saying about the LFG tool)

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Just looks like you want to add features that alienate more and more players, till you get in your little bubble with the rest of the like-minded players.

Gates of Madness

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Dear op, i believe the issue is with you, not the looking for group tool.

If you actually helped those 20 people you kicked instead of only focusing on yourself, they could have had the chance to be as good as you needed them to be.

Sadly you are too shortsighted to see or care.

Posted by: nasfieldjohn.2416

nasfieldjohn.2416

need auto refresh , the other website based have it

should have kept history list as well, so to show its well used,

now when you look it at, looks like nobody is using it

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

I never had any problems finding a speed/farm run group for any dungeon on gw2lfg, but six months after I started I had only ever been storymode in Arah. Two days after the LFG release im 8/8. Needs time for players to get usd to but definitely working as intended. Merging is a bit silly though.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually, I would love a button on the looking for group tool that I could just put a check in so that I would keep the parties to the players I like to play with.

A no elitists button.

kossman.8206

Anti- I value your posts.. but come on…. i’ve tried it and it’s really good and will be improved… Stop knocking everything all the time.

kossman.8206

Automatic queue tool won’t work in this game. We need a more open tool, not a more closed one.

Open, as in allowing us to create a group without being restricted by specific options (for example, a group that just runs around the open world and does stuff). That means we need to read the group description and agree to it before joining.

One of the groups I’ve seen today stated that they did not intend to finish an explorable path (they were farming some boss). Now imagine that the automatic tool adds a person that wants a full clear of the path to that group. Waste of time and resources.

try it when you get it.. what you stated is already there…… it’s called: ‘type it in the description’ of what you want!

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

One problem I had with it was that I tried to use it while my character was on an Overflow server, and it seemed to be seeking responses only from other Overflow people. It should instead ALWAYS seek out members of my home server, or at the very least offer a dropdown menu of which server I’m seeking to group on.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

AntiGw.9367

One problem I had with it was that I tried to use it while my character was on an Overflow server, and it seemed to be seeking responses only from other Overflow people. It should instead ALWAYS seek out members of my home server, or at the very least offer a dropdown menu of which server I’m seeking to group on.

I don’t think it works like that. It’s supposed to work server-wide for Living World and Personal Story categories, and region-wide (NA or EU) for dungeons and fractals.

Kossman, I have no idea what you mean in your posts :P

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I agree with the OP, I can however see the problems it can cause with the “don’t judge me/play how I want manifesto preachers”
Its simply a time saver because normally if you don’t meet the reqs for a speed clear then you’re going to get kicked out anyway this just saves everybody time and trouble.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I am glad you add LFG tool but it need much mure feature before majority of players starts prefer it before gw2lfg.com

I tried today make a speed run party, I was very specific what I looking for (level, gear, ect) a must kick about 20 people what are I dont know.. lets say were too casual to understand what I want in description. I also feel bad for that kicking because its wrong.

So here is list of features what may prevent this misunderstandings (lets say it will be some checklist what dont allow players without those specifications even see party offer in roster):
- Level restriction
- Class restriction

Also instead of creating party and waiting for players to join make something like list of currently avaible players. Player fit some quick description and wait till someone pick him from the list. Also some system to rate players by other players will be great it learn some people behave better.

I have the solution to all your problems: Lower your expectations.

I know, it’s radical and scary and you don’t want to, but it’s sometimes necessary to get things done. Dungeons in GW2 are so brainlessly simple that you don’t need things like gear checks and specific classes to do speed runs. Shocking I know.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It should work that way though, because if I want to join people on my home server then it shouldn’t matter which server I’m actually on.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

This thread made me think of an important question. Will the LFG tool block people you have on your blocked list? I hope so, because I’ve added a couple from this thread to my list. I can’t stand elitists.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Ah, brings me back to the days of WoW, just before I quit. “LFM Gearscore 5k+”

Yeah, no thanks. ArenaNet should be finding ways to get rid of annoying speedclear elitist metas, not giving elitists the tools to further that elitist attitude within the community.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

Forgive me but this seems like a bunch of picky, elitist, “youre not good enough for my party” cr@p. Not every run has to be a speedy money grab and I KNOW that this game shouldnt have to pander to this kind of self-serving abomination. You.Make.Me.Sick

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

You don’t have to play with people like the op if you don’t want. If he makes a group that clearly says ‘80 zerk only’ and someone joins without meeting the criteria, then they’re the ones who are being asinine, not op. I’ve been trying to use the new lfg system, but it has resulted in some of the worst groups I’ve had in a long time.

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

You don’t have to play with people like the op if you don’t want. If he makes a group that clearly says ‘80 zerk only’ and someone joins without meeting the criteria, then they’re the ones who are being asinine, not op. I’ve been trying to use the new lfg system, but it has resulted in some of the worst groups I’ve had in a long time.

I’d argue that the groups youre playing with seem bad because youre used to only running with people that meet your B-S criteria. In part we need to blame the game itself thats making Berserker’s gear too good. If that’s considered better than everything else then it’s natural that people are going to want only that. But that doesnt excuse excluding people who are either trying to learn or dont play their character as “top notch” as you do. I pray to whatever god will listen that your future zerg-only runs are plagued with disaster.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

- Level restriction
- Class restriction

No offense but if you are going to be that picky, then you shouldn’t be looking for random people.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

speed run….
…(level, gear, ect)…
…. a must kick about 20 people what are I dont know..

hahaha… this was as far as I got before predicting this wouldn’t end well

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

If you do not want to teach the player what to do or how to get better, then go use another grouping tool, as your really not a team player for your server.

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

As backwards as it sounds, I think the OP should get some of what he wants. I’d rather not join his group, and if he can better indicate what I don’t want to join, all the better for everyone.
His play style is not my play style, but that doesn’t mean either are wrong.

I think the onus lies with the devs at this point. A simple ‘text input’ field is not enough. We need filters, much like the Trading Post, to narrow down what we are after or what is acceptible to group with. We have a base LFG tool that works right now, and given time it will be improved upon adding filters and the like.

But hey it’s all early days for the in-built LFG tool, so please provide constructive feedback and we might all get the tool we want!

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

After weeks of failing to find a group for SE story using GW2LFG, I finally got one within a few minutes of using the lfg tool tonight. Worked like a charm! I would recommend a tutorial so that everyone knows where it is and it exists. Maybe a tutorial that rewards achievement points for using the tool for the first time. That way everyone knows where it is and how to use it.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

It leaves quite a bit to be desired. Ultimately it works, which makes me happy.

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I wish there was a queue.

I’m do kitten glad there is no kitten queue !

this type of lfg system is the best i’ve seen as far a lfg systems go.
putting me in a queue deprives me of joining with people i want to join and instead joins me with every tom bob and mary hell no !!!! big NO to queue’s and automatic dungeon teleporting !

You can join people you want to join without this tool. I don’t see your point. Also, what happens when there are 100 people trying to do a certain thing. Are you going to scroll across all 100 of them to find “the group you want to join”?

I am not complaining about the tool itself, I like it. But I rather have it be more user friendly.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Seems like all the OPs problems would be solved by joining a guild of like minded individuals.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It would be great to see the AP score.

What purpose would that serve other than for elitist kittens kicking people who don’t fit their imagined value of ap#=skill?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

With the average skill level of people joining your party you could probably solo whole dungeon faster.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Then everyone will want only berserker warriors, thieves in their parties. Great way to kill other classes in pve.

Posted by: Eric.1340

Eric.1340

If the op was specific with what he wanted which it sounds like he was than those people that don’t meet his requirements shouldn’t join his group. If he doesn’t want to teach a group a dungeon and just wants to get through it quickly than that’s perfectly okay.

Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i have access to it for the last couple of days but i haven’t even tried it because anet doesn’t add any new content to play and what’s the point of old boring dungeons?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

haviz.1340

i have access to it for the last couple of days but i haven’t even tried it because anet doesn’t add any new content to play and what’s the point of old boring dungeons?

Join parties that liberates Orr from evil grasp of Zhaitan’s priest.

AntiGw.9367

and what’s the point of

… your post in this topic?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Join parties that liberates Orr from evil grasp of Zhaitan’s priest.

oh wow 13 months wasn’t enough to do that

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

haviz.1340

oh wow 13 months wasn’t enough to do that

It’s the constant struggle between forces of good and evil. It’s never too late to join the fight.