[Merged] Your opinions of the LFG tool

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

So here is list of features what may prevent this misunderstandings (lets say it will be some checklist what dont allow players without those specifications even see party offer in roster):
- Level restriction
- Class restriction
- Gear rarity and stat type restriction
- Let party creator see players gear and build (like in SPvP)

Sounds good to me. I’m libertarian by nature, so I guess thats why I don’t see a problem with this. You get to play how you want and people who want to play like you get to get into your group…. I don’t see how this is a bad thing. Live and let live they say. I think it is when snowflakes get their feelings hurt because they were kicked from a group that they had no business joining in the first place. I guess until that is implemented I will still be using gw2lfg.com because there is rarely a quick “get in and get out” when PuGing. Sure, it happens, but incredibly rare. I’ve seen much more frustration because of PuGing with no restrictions than anything.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

I used the ingame LFG tool to search for competent players for AC speedruns. Lowlevels and signet warriors flooded my party, joining faster than I could kick them. My announcement clearly stated who I wanted to play with. Nobody read it, everyone simply joined. Guess, I will stick with gw2lfg.

Tz tz

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I agree with everything except class restriction, some classes would never be picked, and since 90% of the people are noobs they’d mostly allow only mesmers, warriors and guardians in their party, not knowing that other classes also deal nice damage, but what I would like to see is a feature called dungeon expertise, like, only allow players who did the dungeon more than 5/10/20 times into my party, and if you make any party restriction it applies to the party maker, so if you don’t have the gear/level required you get kicked out of the party.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Speed-runs, are kitten for an MMORPG, just as bad as zergs. It’s ZERO fun.

Class elitism is kitten for an RPG, but that’s on the devs. No trinity.

GW2 can support a LFD system, but if everyone wants FOTM gear and CLASSES, you have destroyed that fragile system before it has even been implemented.

DPS being the only stackable stat? kitten OFF Anet!

GET a BrAiN!

Well I guess your not one for open discussion.
As much as I dislike the lack of class / build variety in GW2 its not the fault of the players or the players advertising on the LFG. The have every right to group up how they want and with whom they want.. its the fault of ANET for developing dungeons that do not offer enough in the way of class requirements and class skills.
But the way you choose to discuss it is to rage and insult.. not really a pre-cursor for any potential 2-way discussion with anyone from ANET – not that they are ever likely to respond in this thread or countless others for this very reason.

Fact is players wanted an LFG.. ANET gave us one so use it or not, its very simple so why the rage and insults. If your not happy with what players are asking for on their LFG then again its quite simple, put up your own LFG and ask for what you want… now was that so hard!

Bloodstealer.5978

I used the ingame LFG tool to search for competent players for AC speedruns. Lowlevels and signet warriors flooded my party, joining faster than I could kick them. My announcement clearly stated who I wanted to play with. Nobody read it, everyone simply joined. Guess, I will stick with gw2lfg.

Yip I guess that’s the one area that perhaps needs some addressing – its a beta roll out so things might get tweaked. I said in another thread that some form of request to the group leader should be sent which has a basic outline of the player wanting to join – ie class and lvl. If group leader is ok with it then click accept or if not decline. No matter how well anyone advertises, there are always players who lack the intelligence to read and just click, as well as many who just try to chance their luck and hope to be carried through a dungeon.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

The problem is people can jsut click a button to join your group. There’s no warning ie
" ‘Player Name’ Level X Class Y wants to join your party. "

Frankly people that can’t read the description usually fail at coordinating. If I say I want all 80’s it means I want all 80s. If I say Path 3 of Dungeon y it means path 3 of dungeon Y. If I say I don’t want Class A don’t join with Class A.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I agree with everything except class restriction, some classes would never be picked, and since 90% of the people are noobs they’d mostly allow only mesmers, warriors and guardians in their party, not knowing that other classes also deal nice damage, but what I would like to see is a feature called dungeon expertise, like, only allow players who did the dungeon more than 5/10/20 times into my party, and if you make any party restriction it applies to the party maker, so if you don’t have the gear/level required you get kicked out of the party.

Well lets say you have 4 members and need 5th. You go for TA P2 where you simply need Guardian or you havent chance to finish it any way. This is why class restriction. All classes are good for zerk runs imo but there are encounters where you simply must have specific class.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

After reading the posts on this forum, I have come to an interesting conclusion: What people really want is not better teams, but better READERS. Think about some of the comments: I get better teams from gw2lfg.com. Why should it make a difference really? Because browsing the teams forces you to take the time to read the description and find groups that fit. In other words, the lfg tool needs to be able to force players to slow down and take their time with reading descriptions. I get the elitist hate on this forum, I feel similarly however a zerker run should fairly allow zerkers to search for like-minded people.

Instead of hating on them, we need to make this tool more powerful in forcing people to read. I think a validation option needs to be added to the tool where people who want to be selective can prevent joins until party members validate the individual. Or else there needs to be some aspect to the tool that at the very least forces people to slow down and take time to read through the team postings in game so they join the right group for them. I believe this can be done, it just requires some creative thinking in how the tool is used, mainly a brainstorm session perhaps? C’mon posters, lets focus on helping them figure out where this tool needs to go. No complaints, lets offer ideas.

Also I wanted to thank ArenaNet for declaring this tool as beta. It obviously needed foresight and I like they take the time to make the tools work right for the game and not just an overly convenient pickup and join tool.

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I’m one of the lucky one’s to have the LFG up. And while I like it, I think it needs some stuff to it to make it more easy friendly.

1: Options for different modes – by giving us a checkbox option when creating the lfg. E.g. check box for Story, Path 1, Path 2, Path 3 or Path 4.

2: Differentiate Story & Explorable Mode – by assigning different colors to every path. Once the lfg has been created, players will see the corresponding color to that path chosen and will be able to associate that color to that path. This makes it easier to browse through all the listings and find that specific path you want instead of having to look through each and everyone of them to see who’s doing what path. If more than one path is chosen when creating the lfg, then more than one color will show when it goes live, meaning these group of players are willing to do these certain paths.

3: Been able to see listings even when in a full party – because I want to see what other people are doing incase something comes up that interests me so I don’t miss out. Just because I’m in full party does not mean I’m going to do everything with them. I want my options available.

4: Been able to see listings on a lower level alt – lower levels get no love really. Most people have an 80 main, but would like to level their alt. In the mean time it would be nice to check the lfg too see if people are running dungeons, but atm I have to switch to a higher enough level to see those options. I understand that a lower level can’t join a dungeon, but it would still be nice to see the listings, and if I find something I like, then I’ll immediately switch characters.

Those are my main issues with the LFG atm.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

(edited by JackDaniels.1697)

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

No explorable/story/path selection options?
That’s a major failing. Yes, I understand you can type what you want in the description but a checkmark system is an absolute requirement. Even if the checkboxes simply were there as notation and not binding, and in addition to a description box, there’s no reason for them not to be there

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

After having used the LFG tool a little I’ll say the only thing it needs is an accept/deny option.

Sometimes you might need to reserve a spot for a friend and having a full party join you in that situation isn’t ideal.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

After reading the posts on this forum, I have come to an interesting conclusion: What people really want is not better teams, but better READERS. Think about some of the comments: I get better teams from gw2lfg.com. Why should it make a difference really? Because browsing the teams forces you to take the time to read the description and find groups that fit. In other words, the lfg tool needs to be able to force players to slow down and take their time with reading descriptions. I get the elitist hate on this forum, I feel similarly however a zerker run should fairly allow zerkers to search for like-minded people.

Instead of hating on them, we need to make this tool more powerful in forcing people to read. I think a validation option needs to be added to the tool where people who want to be selective can prevent joins until party members validate the individual. Or else there needs to be some aspect to the tool that at the very least forces people to slow down and take time to read through the team postings in game so they join the right group for them. I believe this can be done, it just requires some creative thinking in how the tool is used, mainly a brainstorm session perhaps? C’mon posters, lets focus on helping them figure out where this tool needs to go. No complaints, lets offer ideas.

Also I wanted to thank ArenaNet for declaring this tool as beta. It obviously needed foresight and I like they take the time to make the tools work right for the game and not just an overly convenient pickup and join tool.

Hundred times this^^
How hard is to read what is written in the post?
I want some specific class.I want class A not class B or C.
I want speed run which means i don’t won’t PVT gear or inexperienced players.
I want 45AR which means everyone under that is excluded.

People should start reading what is written so i can take a break from kicking them.Only because a post is made this doesn’t mean everyone is invited in the bloody group.There are set specific requirements which has to be preserved.People should stop joining on a whim every LFG post that is up.
Read first then join.It’s actually THAT simple…

Yesterday my group was doing TA all paths,but one of the members couldn’t stay to the end so we were with 1 less for F/U.I specifically wrote in the post ‘’GLF1M brezerker for path F/U’‘.And what did i received?First one who joined has never done before TA and was with 66AP.He couldn’t be more newbie.Second one who joined was a guard who didn’t even know what we were doing until we went to the path.
Come on WTF is this?!?!?I wrote everything in my post.Read then join.Don’t do the opposite…

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

I like this idea alot except for the player rating system. Since most pugs get kitten whenever someone comments on their build or explains how to do something or says omg most good players who might sometimes get a little angry sometimes would have a terrible rating. Other than that i like this idea because every single group ive joined through this tool has been absolutely terrible.

also it would be better if you were able to see what level a person was before you let them join your group and maybe even be able to see what weapons and armor they use.

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

It’s not fun to play with players from sp or de or fr or whatever servers who can’t read english. Or they were just dumb and kittened. Or trolls. But it’s really hard to do dungeons if people can’t understand you and don’t know what to do.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This whole post shows who the elitists are. If you want your perfect elite group, then form your own group without using the tool. The tool is for the public, which means for EVERYONE. Stop trying to impose so many options and restrictions on it.

LFG, must be geared, must have achievements, must wear pink toenail polish, etc.

No thanks.. I just want to queue and have fun.

nexxe.7081

There should be penalties for kicking people. Some players are probably new to the game, and then you get elitists that kick them. You’re only hurting the GW2 community, instead of helping them.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Not entirely true. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had people join my group and then leave when they realized it’s not for the dungeon they wanted.

“Oh, this isn’t for (insert dungeon name here)? Sorry guys I’m out.” People don’t read on gw2lfg as much as you’d like to think.

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So I’ve already had significant difficulties with the LFG tool. It doesn’t work. Sure, the functionality is there and it’s great, however…

The people using it are not using it correctly. People put up posts with nothing in it. People simply join groups without reading the post.

We need to place better restrictions on it. Hell just something like accepting people before they join. I had FIVE different players join my group multiple times for Arah Path 2, just now and they clearly hadn’t read the party message. It clearly stated:

EXP ONLY. 3k+ AP path 2 Arah. Speed run. . No PVT.

Now, I don’t like to be ‘that guy’ but I’m one of those players who likes to get things done with minimal kitten -ing about. That means I ask for experienced players who know what they’re doing, running decent gear, who are likely to understand mechanics.

The lfg tool functions, but it doesn’t work. I should be able to accept someone before they enter. Let me see their class and achievement points before they join. Chances are if I’m looking for an Arah P2 run and someone with 500 achievement points joins, they aren’t going to know the run.

The tool is, in it’s current state, a Pile of Putrid Essence for anyone who is looking for an experienced group.

noice

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

Welcome to MMO’s. ANet can’t fix stupid. Frankly they can’t even fix things they should be able to fix. It’s just the nature of the beast.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Here’s a novel idea, how ’bout players like you actually run people through the dungeon and teach them, instead of scaring them off with kitten like this. Then when you want to run you will actually have people to run it with.

Most players I know still haven’t even run all the dungeons after a year of solid play, largely because of players like you.

You’re like the industries that demand nothing but experienced professionals for years and years then can’t figure out why there are no more experienced professionals once that generation retires. People need experience, to become, experienced.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Lol, the people who for whatever irrational reason dislike zerker speed clears have way more hate in them then the people doing the speed clears. I guess ‘play how you want’ doesn’t apply if you like to play quickly, eh? Such hypocrites.

I have nothing to add. QFT, both the first and the second statement.

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

i agree about the join/merge issues, but the overwhelming arrogance of the OP’s post is why these elitist attitudes are unwelcome in a game that tries not to discriminate against all play styles.

Conncept.7638

Here’s a novel idea, how ’bout players like you actually run people through the dungeon and teach them, instead of scaring them off with kitten like this. Then when you want to run you will actually have people to run it with.

Most players I know still haven’t even run all the dungeons after a year of solid play, largely because of players like you.

You’re like the industries that demand nothing but experienced professionals for years and years then can’t figure out why there are no more experienced professionals once that generation retires. People need experience, to become, experienced.

Why don’t you do that then. Lets spend 3-4 hours teaching 4 people their class and the dungeon mechanics.

I would love to, and do as frequently as I can. It generally takes 1-2 hours for CoE and Arah, 45 minutes to one hour for any other dungeon.

And unfortunately, the majority of the players are already scared off ever even attempting dungeons beyond AC and CoE. Thank-you (and Anet) for that by the way.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Those restriction features are not in by design. If you don’t like the fact that they joined Vote to kick them for not reading.

http://youtu.be/YfbP6AQq1Kc?t=14m39s

If you want something that specific and demand something only that specific schedule it with your guild. LFG tool is for randoms.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

I’ve found the lfg tool to be great so far. It sounds like your problem is with people.

I fear your suggestions would lead to elitism and a squashing of the noobish masses. That probably isn’t in Anet’s best interest, though I understand your frustration.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Who could help me get ascended weapons?

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

You know all those dead MMOs? A lot of them used to have large population, but people were kittens to each other making many people quit. Then kittens quit, and the remaining players flood the forums with posts on how they should work on improving the community and be nice and all. Sounds familiar?

Just some food for thought.

Bismuth.3165

Well lets say you have 4 members and need 5th. You go for TA P2 where you simply need Guardian or you havent chance to finish it any way. This is why class restriction. All classes are good for zerk runs imo but there are encounters where you simply must have specific class.

4 mesmers in 1 party… really, that’s a very low chance, this option will bring more bad stuff into the game than it will bring good, a lot more bad, and 4 mesmer party, pretty sure atleast 3 of those mesmers have a different character with full exo, also you can specify in the details for something like this, we already have 4 mesmers, bring another class.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I think maybe people like you should not use the lfg option but stick to a friends list. Then you would not have noobs joining your run and slowing you down 10 mins on your record time to loot!

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

People like the OP (one only needs to check his sig) are exactly what GW1 wasn’t catered for, and how GW2 is exactly catered towards.

If I understand correctly, he wants a list of pre-determined cookie cutters to join with him to farm so they can farm better.

You obviously didn’t play GW1.

Everyone who joins must ping their build. If I ever see you ingame running Fire Storm or Mending on a warrior, you could be sure I will kick you!

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

I would love to, and do as frequently as I can. It generally takes 1-2 hours for CoE and Arah, 45 minutes to one hour for any other dungeon.

Good for you. However, not everyone has enough time nor patience to teach newbies and bad players how to play the game. There is plenty of class and dungeon guides available on the Internet – but can you really expect that someone who doesn’t bother to read LFG description is going to care enough to read/watch a guide beforehand?

If you want something that specific and demand something only that specific schedule it with your guild. LFG tool is for randoms.

It works both ways. If you are new, inexperienced, want to be taught or just carried through a dungeon, you should ask your guild mates, not strangers.

Conncept.7638

Good for you. However, not everyone has enough time nor patience to teach newbies and bad players how to play the game.

And those people should learn patience, and take the time. And should especially stop being so immature as to refer to everyone with less experience as a ‘bad’ player.

And yes, I expect them to read the description. I also expect them to be so exasperated with horribly abusive dungeon runners that they don’t care anymore, as any person would be in that situation.

Why exactly do you have the right to practice absolutely no patience, while simultaneously expecting others to practice far more than could ever be considered reasonable?

champ.7021

There should be penalties for kicking people. Some players are probably new to the game, and then you get elitists that kick them. You’re only hurting the GW2 community, instead of helping them.

i never kick people from my group. What happens is i tell people like full signet warriors with two swords that their build sucks for pve and i tell bearbow rangers that their build sucks as well (usually its in a nicer manner). What happens then….I get kicked. So i dont think kicking terrible players from groups is bad because how will they learn their build is bad.
Plz dont say that everyone has a right to run whatever build they want. Yes they can do that but dungeons are not a solo affair. You do it as a group and when you run a bad build you are hurting your group especially those who dont like wasting time just so one person can have “fun” with their terribad build.

Posted by: Artifect.9647

Artifect.9647

I always thought the new LFG tool was for more casual runs, while gw2lfg.com was for more hardcore/speed run groups.

Bismuth.3165

You too were in a party with 4 french people?

nexxe.7081

The elitist attitude is out of control. Kicking people because they don’t live up to your standards is ridiculous. If you want a professional group for speed runs, or for easy-mode gameplay, then organize one without random players.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

The elitist attitude is out of control. Kicking people because they don’t live up to your standards is ridiculous. If you want a professional group for speed runs, or for easy-mode gameplay, then organize one without random players.

Kicking people because they can’t read the description is ridiculous?

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

No, la verdad es que no hay casi necesidad de hablar el mismo lenguage. De echo, la mayoria de las veces simplemente un ping (Ctrl + boton derecho del raton) es todo lo que necesitas, y ni siquiera eso, simplemente con tener experiancia ya. otras cosas podrian ser sicronizaciones pero 3 2 1 funciona.

Pues nada, que no hay necesidad de comunicarse a no ser como un foro como este que si se necesita sobrepasar la barera del lenguage.

TL;DR: Most dungeons dont even need you to speak the same lenguage, I have had 4 chinese dude with me, ran all 3 CoE paths and 3 AC paths in a row, not a single word exchanged except 3 2 1 for CoE, it was beautiful.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

nexxe.7081

Kicking people because they can’t read the description is ridiculous?

No, read again. I said kicking people for “standards” is ridiculous. By standards, i mean, kicking people because they don’t have certain builds or certain classes.

Re-read the OP’s post. He won’t group with others unless they have an achievement threshold requirement. That’s being elitist.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

Yenn.9185

^^ Amen, those silent runs were actually the best. What I do is stay quiet, act all elitist, and be the first one to take off when we’re running.

@OP They said they said they’re going to add it apparently in that one twitch video.

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

No, la verdad es que no hay casi necesidad de hablar el mismo lenguage. De echo, la mayoria de las veces simplemente un ping (Ctrl + boton derecho del raton) es todo lo que necesitas, y ni siquiera eso, simplemente con tener experiancia ya. otras cosas podrian ser sicronizaciones pero 3 2 1 funciona.

Pues nada, que no hay necesidad de comunicarse a no ser como un foro como este que si se necesita sobrepasar la barera del lenguage.

TL;DR: Most dungeons dont even need you to speak the same lenguage, I have had 4 chinese dude with me, ran all 3 CoE paths and 3 AC paths in a row, not a single word exchanged except 3 2 1 for CoE, it was beautiful.

But what if someone does not know an exploit or cheese tactic? How should OP tell them how to do it :P

Yenn.9185

Those people didn’t meet his “standards” and joined his party regardless. Kicking them is not elitist because he clearly stated what he expects to those who joined HIS party. The other 4 members have to abide by his standards the moment they join HIS party. Kicking won’t be necessary if they knowingly joined and met his standards.

Conncept.7638

Those people didn’t meet his “standards” and joined his party regardless. Kicking them is not elitist because he clearly stated what he expects to those who joined HIS party. The other 4 members have to abide by his standards the moment they join HIS party.

You need to look up the definition of ‘elitist’, because restricting or excluding a majority based on standards ‘you’ set, is near exactly how it reads.

champ.7021

But what if someone does not know an exploit or cheese tactic? How should OP tell them how to do it :P

Or how to tell someone who doesnt speak english and is new that you have to stay in the cage in cof p1. Took us like 10 min to get this guy to stay in his bubble.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Those people didn’t meet his “standards” and joined his party regardless. Kicking them is not elitist because he clearly stated what he expects to those who joined HIS party. The other 4 members have to abide by his standards the moment they join HIS party.

You need to look up the definition of ‘elitist’, because restricting or excluding a majority based on standards ‘you’ set, is near exactly how it reads.

Ok, lets say he’s a “elitist” because he wants a smooth run that doesn’t take 3 hours when he only has 1 and a half to do the dungeon.

Does that make him a bad person? I don’t get why people complain about people setting standards. Achievement points, is another matter. But most people that have very few of these are very likely to lack experience in both the dungeon and the game.

If you make a CoF P1 speedrun group, and 4 people join with condi builds. You are saying that the party LEADER does not have the right to kick?

It’s his party, he decides who he wants to play with. Kicking midway for bad performance is a whole other topic.

TL;DR > It’s his party, plain and simple.

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Then how would you call a situation when two group of players that don’t want to play with each other, are forced to group up because setting standards is wrong?

Yenn.9185

Thank you. I was going by the connotation of what I think the meaning of that word, not the literal definition of it.

At this point, I don’t even wanna hear the “play how you want” argument. Clearly casuals can have casual runs without restriction, and yet speed runners cannot have speedruns with restrictions.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Why don’t you do that then. Lets spend 3-4 hours teaching 4 people their class and the dungeon mechanics.

While you are at it, give them gold for gear and help them level to 80. We need to help eachother yes?

You have failed to counter his valid point. No one taught you jack, you just went in all pro and kitten. Right? Idiots.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Ever heard about this thing called internet?

I heard you can look up guides and video tutorials on it, without wasting others’ time ingame. Whoah, I know.

Ofc, there always is a “first run”, but you can do a lot to improve that experience for both you, and the rest of the party. For me, it was enough motivation not wanting to be a big burden for my party, but I guess some people just don’t care and expect others to carry them through a dungeon they don’t know.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Bloodstealer.5978

I’ve found the lfg tool to be great so far. It sounds like your problem is with people.

I fear your suggestions would lead to elitism and a squashing of the noobish masses. That probably isn’t in Anet’s best interest, though I understand your frustration.

Sorry I don’t agree with your notion that adding a simply accept / decline feature can bring in an elitist twist to the game.
I am not one for elitist BS but the OP has a point. I like the LFG, its simple and easy to use without the unnecessary baggage that some other MMO’s place into it but there is a need for a grp leader acceptance button before anyone joins a group.
Look its a simple fact that when someone wants to get things done in the time they have available and they are experienced enough to know what gets that job done effectively then so be it they have every right to dictate the requirements of the group he/she is forming… that is not being elitist that is being selective.
Where does it state in the T&C’s that it is a requirement for experienced players to have to hand hold other through content.. I must of missed that part. Don’t get me wrong I will help where I can, if I can and time allowing but that doesn’t mean I should orientate LFG’s to accommodate hand holding and butterfly counting.

Also experience tells me that no matter how hard someone tries to cover all bases in an LFM there is always some idiot that either doesn’t bother to read, isn’t old enough or smart enough to understand the need or worse is trying to be clever and chance their luck.
Lets be honest the more elitist among us will be easily identifiable via the LFM’s so its easy to avoid such groups, I certainly do… so simple solution then is either to look for another or.. and this is a novel idea I know – put up your own LFM and make it clear your not looking for a speed run etc etc… then when it fails 7 or 8 times you might begin to understand some dungeons require certain things.
I will say tho OP I really see no point setting out AP requirements it doesn’t tell an awful lot really, but I absolutely agreed ANET need to change the auto group thing and put a small amount of control in the hands of the group leader otherwise this forum will soon be ablaze with threads from players accusing others of kick griefing etc etc – better to decline players for obvious mismatched things like class, level.
But this argument is older than the hills and both sides are right and wrong depending on your particular needs and views.. and this is now the umpteenth thread about the same thing!!!

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)