Mordrem Invasion Update 10 September

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

But can you imagine how fast this would have been resolved if the event was giving out too many rewards?

Players not getting loot = low priority
Players getting too much loot = PANIC!

They are right quick to fix things when it’s not in favor of the house.

Totes agree man! Happens in every game usually stuff in players’ favor gets “fixed” rapidly whereas anything detrimental doesn’t get attention.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I joined in on the action last night, I get that rewards are bugged, BUT also, I kept getting only bronze rating. I just simply couldn’t get to the events fast enough. And when I did, I was lucky to exchange any blows. As a hammer, mace/focus guardian once again I’m left in the dust.
Now once I get my Longbow….

Ummmmm…. I ran as a guard using lootstick… got 17 stacks. Try that maybe?

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Im sorry Gaile, but whoever gave you this content to do your community interaction event with dropped the ball in a massive way. Its not just the rewards, or the bug, this is some of the driest, simplest and least compelling content that has been released for GW2 (not to mention it most rewards pure selfishness).

I hope you insist that they sort their kitten out and give you something you can work with next time.

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Can we please get a fix on the mobs?

They drop nothing, give no experience and finishing the event ALSO gives absolutely nothing. Lets not forget that Magic Find is by far utterly useless for the entire event and I thought the mobs in Silverwastes were annoying because they have no loot tables.
This is korean grinding level ArenaNet, what the hell?

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?! It’s bad enough a lot of the events are stale but no rewards?

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Run here, try to tag before the thing goes away, run here tag that one, run there, ad infinitum. for a few currency tokens that get me nothing I want. No loot whatsoever. No luck, no Karma, no gold.
So what is the point of it all? As a long time casual player, I see no point in participating. I can do mapping and get better loot. It appears to be senseless grind for a limited amount of baubles. At least give us the large table of drops that open world gets. I hope regret for buying the expansion does not set in. That seed has been planted

I just suffered through the last map, the events pop on top of other events, making the targeting problem worse than normal, and I have done 3 maps total for 85 blooms, and some empyreal fragments and some blade shards, a feather and a mysterious pink key. I did get 6 soft wood in the last event, so it was not a total bust.

The mobs melt too fast, it is hard to get to tag anything, the rewards are non existent, and there is no enjoyment for me in this at all.

Fighting the Mordrem invasion would probably be enjoyable, but I am fighting just to get a hit in against my fellow adventurers.

(edited by Sligh.2789)

Posted by: SirJack.4760

SirJack.4760

ANet, please have a look at the drops/reward cost and change things.
10 Blooms gets you an Essence of Luck for 50 Luck. This means, that as a reward for doing 10 events in half an hour, I still get to pay for a measly 50 luck.
I don’t know what events other people are used to doing, but usually when I’m doing something for half an hour, I get enough drops to salvage for 500 Luck.
Overall, the time it takes to get the higher rewards is ridiculous at the current rates.
In addition, the kind of behavior it promotes is detrimental to the new players, for whom this is their first major event. Not only did it come with a nice bugged start, now they get to enjoy the toxic side community and the loot complaints.

Posted by: LadySkylet.8549

LadySkylet.8549

Not sure why so many of you are having issues killing the mobs. If you follow the big zerg, then ofc you’d have issues killing them off. If so, stop following them.
I jump to spot to spot alone and finish the event easily. People will come anyways and the event spot will get finished. Most stacks i’ve gotten is 21, I tried super hard for that tho.. (without tagging and running. I hate that people do that.. It’ll be so much faster if everyone just helps out)

Anyways. If you got issues tagging mobs, try jumping around alone and watch the map for swords that pops up when 1 event spot is over.

WvW: notice me Anet-senpai..

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Anet replies?? Nah.
They busy having to much fun on the event

Posted by: John.5732

John.5732

This event is still glitched for me. I do not receive experience from killing enemies, I do not receive drops from enemies I kill, I do not receive experience, karma, or gold from completed events, and enemies do not count as kills for sigils, runes, and traits.

Please work on a fix asap.

What you describe are not glitches. That seems to be working as intended.

That can’t be right. why would this event be for new players if they could not level and gain loot from it?

Leader of the Kingdom of [Shu] Guild
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Not sure why so many of you are having issues killing the mobs. If you follow the big zerg, then ofc you’d have issues killing them off. If so, stop following them.
I jump to spot to spot alone and finish the event easily. People will come anyways and the event spot will get finished. Most stacks i’ve gotten is 21, I tried super hard for that tho.. (without tagging and running. I hate that people do that.. It’ll be so much faster if everyone just helps out)

Anyways. If you got issues tagging mobs, try jumping around alone and watch the map for swords that pops up when 1 event spot is over.

This sort of behavior has ALWAYS happened whenever ArenaNet has tied individual performance to rewards. The, “Ima gonna get mine, and kitten you scrub” mentality that plagued the Scarlet invasions and the first part of the Evacuation of Lion’s Arch.

On the flip side, ArenaNet has ALSO seen what happens when they shift the rewards towards zone wide completion like in the second part of the Evacuation event… tons of people sitting AFK and not doing anything while the rest are scrambling like mad.

So, now they’re trying a hybrid sort of reward scheme, and THAT’S not working either. It seems like us players simply can’t handle these sort of meta events. Maybe ArenaNet simply needs to stop trying and focus more on those meta-chains like in Silverwastes, which seem to work quite well.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I didn’t even get compensated for yesterday. gg.

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Ok i hope you will read this and take it in count for the future.
This Event is more like an HIT and RUN.
This is crap, it is not focused on finishing 1 event but more hit some monster on each event.
It completly lose the sens of event. Hit and run nothing more.

I considered you to be smarter with the way to give people rewards.
[Where is the Good Anet team, who thought “each people has the right to open the boss chest, and the chance to get the Nice item”]
You beat so much mmo with just this idea, now you are doing Hit and Run event?
Give us even focused on Goal.

And i guess- 99% sure this is only the first Event form a Serie before HOT, so
people don’t need to grind as hell thinking, they can not get the item they want in time.
True?

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

This event is just awful. Really, really awful.

You fight stuff that gives no drops, no karma, no EXP. If you waypoint all around the map (which costs you money), and tag enough events, then MAYBE (we’re still not sure on the intended reward rates) you’ll get several of the special currency of this event.

And then, if you want to spend that currency, you have to pay EVEN MORE!?

Let’s be honest, ANet. This isn’t about bringing players together. This is about selling more copies of HoT. This is to get new, F2P players and old holdouts excited about the new content so they’ll buy it. That’s all this is, and we all know it. Anyone being honest with themselves knows better than to expect really good rewards from this, but you’ve missed even that low mark. Showcasing this as an example of what HoT has to offer isn’t going to pull in new players, it’s going to push them away.

This sort of behavior has ALWAYS happened whenever ArenaNet has tied individual performance to rewards. The, “Ima gonna get mine, and kitten you scrub” mentality that plagued the Scarlet invasions and the first part of the Evacuation of Lion’s Arch.

On the flip side, ArenaNet has ALSO seen what happens when they shift the rewards towards zone wide completion like in the second part of the Evacuation event… tons of people sitting AFK and not doing anything while the rest are scrambling like mad.

So, now they’re trying a hybrid sort of reward scheme, and THAT’S not working either. It seems like us players simply can’t handle these sort of meta events. Maybe ArenaNet simply needs to stop trying and focus more on those meta-chains like in Silverwastes, which seem to work quite well.

I’d like to see them try a mix of the two systems. You get a buff as you run around and do events, but the max reward is based on the entire zone’s performance. Zone did well but you did nothing? Here, have a pebble. People tagged every event they could for a high buff count, but the zone did horrible because nobody finished events? Here’s your 5 copper.

Barring that, I’d like to see some sort of progressive invasion. Say, when it starts you have 30 minutes on the timer, and 10 invasion sites. If you clear all 10, you get an extra 5 minutes on the timer and 3 world boss scale attacks happen. If all 3 get taken down, then you get 5 more minutes on the timer and a final world boss that drops the best rewards. All the events would have to give loot and EXP, though.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This event is still glitched for me. I do not receive experience from killing enemies, I do not receive drops from enemies I kill, I do not receive experience, karma, or gold from completed events, and enemies do not count as kills for sigils, runes, and traits.

That can’t be right. why would this event be for new players if they could not level and gain loot from it?

It was designed by people who did NOT think it through.

No karma
No loot
No exp
Rewards tagging and moving on, not working together to finish.
Meager tokens for your effort
A gold barrier that the poorer members can’t get past by playing this new content.
Long down times between map incursions
Promotes zerging by those not tagging and moving on
No map finale with good rewards
Penalizes the new accounts at every stage of playing the new content that was put in a level accessible map for them to try out.

I’m not sure anet couldn’t have messed up harder if they tried.

ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

I have to admit this event has had the exact opposite result of what ArenaNet intended for me, it was supposed to get me hyped for Heart of Thorns but instead has made me all but lose faith. I mean this is not really a complicated event (participate in dynamic event get stack, get rewarded for stacks at end) and it is hideously undertuned and not thought out at all. No loot (if mobs dropped blooms it would incentivize players to actually play the event rather than tagging and moving on), no experience and the rewards are hilariously bad even after their “fix”.

I mean is this all that ArenaNet is capable of or did they just put in zero effort into this particular event. Because if this is any indication of what’s to come then I guess we’re hopping on a run away train to Korean MMO grind town until we all crash and burn along the way.

chemiclord.3978

All the events would have to give loot and EXP, though.

Here’s my problem. The INSTANT you do that, at least half of the player base isn’t going to give one tenth of one kitten about the later events in the chain. You’re going to have the Aetherblade Captains of the Scarlet Invasion all over again.

You remember that? The sheer bullkitten toxicity that flooded the forums AND in-game? Screaming and harrassing people that if they complete events, other players will find them and arson their homes? Threatening bullkitten reports to try and get players banned for not killing critical event mobs?

THAT’S the issue. At the core, this event we have now is a cause of entirely player-side problems. Our own behaviors have indirectly caused this mess of a event we have now. We’re the reason we can’t have nice things.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

That is a very good question. New players are also unlikely to have 10 gold…

…unless they buy gems to convert.

The event’s, “reward’” is permission from Anet to buy a product.

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Way way too much “go-here-do-that-then-maybe-this-too” stuff. Even setting aside the lack of drops all the running around is non-sense and really breaks the immersion of playing. That’s why I’ve got 113 Bandit Skeleton Keys with no real desire to even visit SilverWastes. An old fashioned Dungeon Crawl or defending an area within a zone would be a lot better.

Gotta be honest here: I thought it was gonna be more fun…

Palador.2170

Here’s my problem. The INSTANT you do that, at least half of the player base isn’t going to give one tenth of one kitten about the later events in the chain. You’re going to have the Aetherblade Captains of the Scarlet Invasion all over again.

You remember that? The sheer bullkitten toxicity that flooded the forums AND in-game? Screaming and harrassing people that if they complete events, other players will find them and arson their homes? Threatening bullkitten reports to try and get players banned for not killing critical event mobs?

THAT’S the issue. At the core, this event we have now is a cause of entirely player-side problems. Our own behaviors have indirectly caused this mess of a event we have now. We’re the reason we can’t have nice things.

Note that I say “events”, not “mobs”. It doesn’t matter if there’s one champion or 50 due to scale-up, end reward per event should stay the same. And that’s the only reward.

I don’t really like that answer, but it’s the best one I can currently come up with.

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

No karma
No loot
No exp
A gold barrier that the poorer members can’t get past by playing this new content.
Penalizes the new accounts at every stage of playing the new content that was put in a level accessible map for them to try out.

the stupid “breaks” in between invasions is what kills the event imo

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

This event is the least fun I’ve ever had in a gw2 in-game event. To say this event was a let down would undervalue how disappointed I was after the event. I know Anet can do better and I look forward to the lessons the devs will learn from all this.

Posted by: nezroy.8492

nezroy.8492

No, there are reasonable solutions to these behaviors that have been proposed for this event. The key to all of these is that an “all-or-nothing” approach is a stupid way to do game design.

The issue in Scarlet with event farming was champion loot being more valuable than the event rewards. Does that mean ALL loot drops and XP needs to be removed? No, normal/veteran/elite mobs could still keep dropping loot while removing loot drops or even XP from the champions. And in the Mordrem invasion you shouldn’t be wasting time killing champions anyway, since it distracts from actually taking down the vines efficiently.

Likewise with the AFK LA thing; the fix is not to go back to the ONLY reward mechanism being on personal stacks that promote completely selfish gameplay. Many people have made very good suggestions about combining your personal defender stack score with the overall map score to determine bloom payout. For instance, if the MAP kills 30 events then everyone has the potential for the full bloom payouts (15), and if your personal defender buff is within say 50% of the map score then you get 100% of the payout. This encourages map coordination and punishes going AFK.

Are these things perfect? No, maybe not. But they would represent a far BETTER approach at solving the issues from previous events, rather than just waffling between two extreme approaches that are both completely and obviously flawed.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

No karma
No loot
No exp

the stupid “breaks” in between invasions is what kills the event imo

I find the breaks good, though that hour one does suck, mostly cause it allows me to get up, stretch, bathroom, anything without needed to rush right to the next one.

chemiclord.3978

Note that I say “events”, not “mobs”. It doesn’t matter if there’s one champion or 50 due to scale-up, end reward per event should stay the same. And that’s the only reward.

I don’t really like that answer, but it’s the best one I can currently come up with.

Ah, you are correct. I did not see that.

The problem is that I don’t think your solution would solve the problem we have now. Half of the players would simply rush and tag as many events as possible for the rewards… not caring about any further events down the line… or in other words, pretty much what they’re doing now.

Simply put, we as players, have told ArenaNet we’re only willing to see things through if all the shinies are put at the end of the stick. Otherwise, we’ll nibble as far as we can easily get to, then outright stop.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Palador.2170

The problem is that I don’t think your solution would solve the problem we have now. Half of the players would simply rush and tag as many events as possible for the rewards… not caring about any further events down the line… or in other words, pretty much what they’re doing now.

That’s the reason for the time limit and added time at each cleared stage. More and better rewards as players adjust to focusing on clearing events instead of just tagging them.

It would take time, breaking a bad habit usually does. But I think it would eventually sink in.

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

I do not know if more people are still experiencing this but i am still not recieving anything after the event. this has happend to me twice now in Diessa Plat even having 23 stacks.

Whith.

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

The really sad thing in my opinion is that they continue to make Newbie developer mistakes over and over again. They SHOULD know by now that there will be connection issues with such events … why then do they do YET ANOTHER design that rewards you at the end of a rather large event chain – making it possibly for players with connection issues to come away from them with no rewards if they crash somewhere in between which will lose them all the stacks accumulated so far?

It’s really, really sad …

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Don’t make me laugh.. that has nothing to do with how this event was pushed out.. it has everything to do with keeping players logged in as long as possible in order to coin sink as much from it as possible, whilst trying even harder to entice both new and old players to buy gems to convert to gold to buy sale items.
Why else have these kinds of zergfest brainless events and on low level maps at that.
If this is the kind of state of the art game development were going to see more of in HoT… I think many more players will start to look elsewhere for their fun fix, cos this isn’t cutting it for many of us any more.

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

edit wrong thread

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Posted by: Mido.4920

Mido.4920

I really hope that the getting the blooms in a few days thing will work because i didnt get blooms for the last event that ended 7 minutes ago…
Also what about those connection problems? every event i have a dc. Sometimes it is just like a lag spike and i cant do anything for a few seconds but 2 times already i had to reconnect. That is also pretty annoying especially because it literaly happens once every event

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

I joined in on the action last night, I get that rewards are bugged, BUT also, I kept getting only bronze rating. I just simply couldn’t get to the events fast enough. And when I did, I was lucky to exchange any blows. As a hammer, mace/focus guardian once again I’m left in the dust.
Now once I get my Longbow….

Ummmmm…. I ran as a guard using lootstick… got 17 stacks. Try that maybe?

I got 0 rewards whatsoever because things were bugged.

“Lootstick” or no, the goal shouldn’t be “run here, hope you make it in time before the perma-swift ranged part of the zerg kills everything in less than 30s”

Maybe it was just the map I was on, but at events were completed in far far less time than is reasonable. It was more like whackamole than an invasion.

Mega server should scale down the max pop on maps when events like this are running. That way it will actually take some skill.

EDIT: It was just the map I was on. Did pretty well tonight. Had fun, still faceroll as anything though. But what isn’t these days?

(edited by Quiznos.4296)

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

No karma
No loot
No exp

+1

Another huge mistake however is in how the reward tiers are calculated. If I have 10 stacks and only 5 minutes on the timer it’s basically impossibile to reach 20, so I’ll just sit and do nothing.

So first of all reward based on the real number of stacks, not tiers. 19 is greater then 10, it’s almost double, but you still get 10 tokens. Who’s the genious behind this reward system?
Since 10 stacks give 10 tokens, why 11 stacks can’t give 11 tokens?

And another option would be to include a map reward based on how many invasions the map has stopped. So if you had 13 stacks you get 13 tokens, and if your map has stopped 50 invasions you get 5 more tokens.

At the moment the event is sheer competition between players. Mobs are too weak, so the first to come is the best served. Slower classes can’t even reach the event in time that it’s already over.

This is by far the WORST gw2 live event since launch, and one of the WORST events in the history of MMOs.

And seriously, what’s the reason for no exp/drops/karma from events? This makes no sense. This is just a huge grind for skins + gold barrier. Even some veteran won’t waste 10g on a skin that you also have to farm for days.

Kidel.2057

What’s the precise end time for this event however? I can’t find it anywhere.

Posted by: Dusty.8413

Dusty.8413

Some constructive criticism from me would be that if this was an event to introduce new players into the game and to give them some rewards to work for you failed. You’ve already addressed the issue that the event at large is a failure and but also the price of the rewards.

10 gold extra for the higher rewards? I didn’t manage to get a decent amount of gold until I got into the 70-80’s and got myself into Silverwastes. You effectively locked every new subscriber out of getting any of the higher rewards even if they managed to get to every event daily and get the 450 blooms they would then have to scrape up the gold to even buy the higher items.

The thing I’ve always loved about GW2 was that someone could start today and still be able to participate in 90% of the game almost immediately. So while this event has an effective level of 18, which isn’t difficult to get to in the least, the impossibility to receive the higher rewards gives the impression that anyone new should just half participate.

Something to consider.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-mordrem-are-coming/

From 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on September 10 through 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on September 14

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Kidel.2057

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-mordrem-are-coming/

From 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on September 10 through 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on September 14

Fun fact, I had read that sentence previously, still I didn’t notice it also contained the end time.

Thanks