Mordrem Invasion Update: 11 September 12:30 PM

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alysse.4369

Alysse.4369

The event is quite disappointing when I think about all the good events we’ve had in the past. Marionette and Attack on LA were both map events that really drew in players. There have even been many requests for a way to bring Marionette back (and i’ll be first in line to repeat the beauty that it was.). The current event can still learn from that.

1. the mobs drop no loot, give no exp and no money either. This is major issue for the new players.
    - no exp is let down from them, because it be great if they could actually level from such an event.
    - no money makes waypointing expensive for new players, maybe to the point that some will have to walk to their event. (yes, veteran players have lots of money, but remember when u were new, gold wasnt that easy to come by without dungeons, silverwastes, etc)
    - the mobs do not necessarily have to drop a bunch of loot or champ bags (this would make intentional upscaling a thing), but the mobs could drop some blooms.
  2. When u dc, u lose ur progress. But I understand this is being worked on
  3. tag and run. People don’t stay around, they just tag a few mobs and run, because they are rewarded for it. A great solution has already been giving in my opinion (see spoiler)

ON REWARDS
The stacks from event completion is a neat idea, but there’s two major failpoints on the implementation. First off, disconnection ruins all progress. I think people would rather have chests per event instead. Second off, with 1 stack per event completion regardless of contribution, you get people tagging and leaving.

Solution to the second would be to tier stacks of the reward-calculating buff based on participation. For example:

• Bronze participation = 1 stack of Invasion Defender
  • Silver participation = 2 stacks of Invasion Defender
  • Gold participation = 3 stacks of Invasion Defender

This would keep people around longer. Then in addition, add a third chest at the end for map-wide event completion. Using the current Mordrem Invasion system, that chest should be set up as:

• 10 events completed = 5 Mordrem Blooms
  • 25 events completed = 10 Mordrem Blooms
  • 40 events completed = 15 Mordrem Blooms
    By having both personal and map-wide participation, you promote completion of events while pushing away from people afk’ing, and if that personal participation scales on multiple levels – how many events you do, and how much you participated in them – then there will be a desire to both stick around and to get as many as you can, pushing people to pay attention to what to do and figure out the fastest way to complete and event, rather than the fastest way to get participation for an event.

Finally, have money and karma rewarded for event completions, giving some basic rewards provided for those with little interest in the vendor’s offers.

Then expand the event to have seven more days – a full week, if not two.

This would turn the event from a grindfest to a casual fun community event, which is what it was promoted as.

We also are going to postpone our plans to organize an in-game event around the Mordrem Invasion this afternoon. Instead, we’re going to continue to monitor for your feedback and collect information that will help us improve on these types of events going forward.

This I find important, because u have an event ready to merge with the current one. Why not implement it, but with higher bloom droprate. Event stays the same, but the planned extra event would be able to compensate the loses and grievings of the first

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

Glad they stated it;s broke and won’t be fixed this time since it’s a short one. I tried it for half hour noticed no drops and bailed Feel bad for people grinding all day.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

Posted by: Sendra.5709

Sendra.5709

Ideas for a Better Event in the Future:

- More focused on completing events than just tagging as many as possible. Rewards based on Map’s total event completion, perhaps? This would also make for more organization instead of random zerging

- Waypoint cost during the events reduced or completely removed

- EXP from Mobs (however minuscule it may be) for lower level characters to help incentivize and level them up for future events

-Event currency added to character wallet, even if just temporarily for the duration of the event

-Don’t put items previously available on the gemstore as rewards. Many people spent real money to get those and to make them available during an event is a smack in the face.

I’ll add more ideas as I think of them.

(edited by Sendra.5709)

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I would rather see it simplified. What I would do is have the map clear so many events so everyone is rewarded equally for success. Make a requirement or earning say 10 event completions in order to get map reward. Then limit each players reward so that you can only get 1 box per map each day. Increase the reward to compensate 3 reward limit per day. This way we all won’t need to grind all our game time to get sufficient funds for items. People will spend like 3 hours of their time instead of all day/night.

(edited by Trinnitty.8256)

Posted by: Niraven.9417

Niraven.9417

A handful of feedback from personal experience with this event, for future events:

-The “tag and run” doesn’t feel like fulfilling gameplay. It seems completely contrary to the idea of players working together. Instead of the amount of blossoms, or number of rewards being scaled to the number of events a player took part in (20+ for 15 blossoms in this instance), I would greatly prefer rewards being scaled to the rank you got upon event completion, gold resulting in the most rewards, bronze the least for participation, etc. It could even be a small number such as Gold= 3, Silver= 2, Bronze= 1 etc. Receiving a small reward per event not only makes a player’s time feel more valuable and gives them incentive to stay and see it through, but also gives them something in the event they are disconnected or have to leave early before (30 minute) event end. It wouldn’t be a complete loss.
>Counterpoint- One could argue that this could result in too many players at events preventing people from getting in hits (see some frustrations regarding daily events). However with the number of events spawning around the zones, the chance of this being a problem seems less likely.

-Promote a multi-weekend event or longer event when there are high-end rewards present. Many people have school and/or work and there simply isn’t enough time to earn the high-end rewards. Something I always enjoyed about the old limited time content updates (e.g.- Queen’s Gauntlet) is that there was always enough time, even if I could only get in game for 30-60 minutes a day after work, to earn at least one good high-end reward. Perhaps in the future, it’d be better to extend the event across multiple weekends, with a “participation bonus” for being present in 1-3 of the invasions per weekend. This would give people incentive to stop by and try it out for a larger/bonus reward at the end.

-Free waypoints for full zone content. I bring this up primarily for new players who may want to participate in the event, but have trouble getting to the actual events in time due to either not having explored the full zone, or the waypointing eventually taking a notable sum out of their wallets (removing the event stack to determine rewards would also minimize this issue).

-Potential reward cost reconsideration. This is referring specifically to the additional gold cost for reward items. Again, this is primarily for new(er) players. It would be difficult for most level 18 players to be able to afford an additional 10 gold toward a high end reward, which is a shame if they participated enough to earn it otherwise. Vendors being available long after the event is over is nice, however, that is still a lot of money for a new player, and it could be months before they could afford it. Reward content should be equally accessible to all players across all levels as players are investing their time moreso than their builds or experience.

-Possible implementation of a bonus event. By this, I mean if a certain number of events are completed within a given timeframe, players map-wide receive a bonus. Think of it a bit like “pacman” in the Hidden Depths of the Silverwastes. I’m fairly certain most players would be happy to work toward a “bonus event” for additional rewards, and this facilitates cooperative gameplay.

I hope you guys find some of this feedback helpful for future events.

Mains: Momoka Mu (Charr Ranger), Rush of the Inquest (Asura Engineer)
Server: Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

Well I have not play’d the events to much I can say that the drop amounts was way off. The rewards are not all that. There was no new event item that made me want to focus on trying to obtain it. And I don’t feel with the drop rate that I could have obtained it. The events themselves are hard to get to with zergs taking to the field to clear them up before some get to the locations.

Suggestions. Don’t make people feel they have to run all over the place to get events. Instead. Give a map bonus reward for how many events the map completes. And give event rewards in lower amount for each event.

This will offer some unity in the play. Blue commander take north west take a squade with you. red take south west purple take center ect.. make a plan have people roam an area work together to get as many events for the map as could and everybody get rewarded. You don’t have all the way point all over the place.

Next the rewards. you should think about adding a reward that sets the event apart for past events. Reward that is new not recycled. I’d also suggest a way to convert currency into old form You make a new currency is all well and great. but you make it it’s here and then it’s gone. You have vendors that take the currency but no way to get the currency anymore. Or recipes that you had in an old event that you can’t get to because there is no longer a vendor. So I’d suggest making a vendor that converts the old currency into a standard that can be used for old events like the festival coins. Jawbreakers and so forth that people may actually want to get but don’t have all that great of a chance to. Just a suggestion.

Event timing was made so it is hard to gather currency this goes into the first part. More drop rate map wide bonus, drop per small event not last event. Promote working together not bum rush. And also Items that make you want to go through the trouble of collecting the currency.

That is my suggestions anyways. Hope to see more fun events

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Ha, I have another little piece of advice! Now this might sound a bit odd and at times kinda stating the obvious. Still it might be a thing to consider, also for possible future buggy or less-awesome-than-usual releases:

Maybe send the playerbase a mail which basically states ‘whoops, we screwed up a bit here’, with a small attached token of appreciation. It doesn’t need to be anything special, just a small gesture. Perhaps something like 2 unidentified dyes, or a random mini egg, maybe 2-3 transmutation charges (though I think random stuff would be best). While this may not do anything at first glance, I think small gestures like this could potentially alleviate at least a portion of the frothing rage seen in map chat these days, and make players feel appreciated. I’m betting that even the most jaded doomsday prophet likes getting free stuff.

Now I’m not wanting to sound like I’m entitled to freebies (I’d give my stated examples away anyways, I have all regular dyes unlocked, and I’m not really interested in minis :P), but I think small things like this can do a whole lot for a more positive atmosphere all around.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Will try to be as detailed as possible without activating berserker. Long post incoming.

The Bad Things

• The time between the events are too long, we are after all being invaded by a Elder Dragon and it’s like “ooh the mighty forces of Tyria have defeated my forces! I will now DRINK TEA FOR HALF AN HOUR! Then i will invade again!”.
  • The rewards for doing this is way too punishing, three hours of wait and tagging and we get rewarded with 45 blossoms at most, some people get none (imagine the lowbies, how can they even get time to tag mobs or dash out the damage needed to be registered that they have dpsed a mob to get rewarded).
  • “Guild Wars 2 reward the player to play with others” Now that is not working here, stick to the zerg and aim to reach 20 stacks in 30 minutes? It’s not doable imo, the way to do this event is to go full rouge, avoid commanders, tag mobs then leave and let others finish the event. It’s not fun, i don’t like it – but what are my/others options if they want the 15 blossoms.

The Good Thing

• The rewards from the vendor is okay, its giving the players to buy the skins for gold instead of gems, its cheaper and i find it better – even for a new player.

How I Would Adress Thease Issues

The event has to be EPIC, this is another attack by the Jungle Dragon on Tyria, we have seen what it has done in it’s first attack on Tyria with it’s vines and now we get to keep him at bay to not let him destroy more of our world, our heritige, our homes.

I would keep that thought in my mind and keep in mind that it has to breath, it has to live, it has to feel like a invasion, it HAS to feel that we are being under attack by a Elder Dragon.

First thing that i would do is to reduce the event time from 30 min to 20 min, and instead of having individual stacks like we got now, i would add a “Map Stack” this would calculate all events we finish during that 20 minutes. Rewards would be equal to all, teamwork would be rewarded once again.

Rewards would be the following

10 events completed by map = 10 blossoms
20 events completed by map = 15 blossoms
30 events completed by map = 20 blossoms
40 events completed by map = 25 blossoms
50 events completed by map = 35 blossoms

Usually you average 35-40 events on 30 minutes. This would add a bit of a challenge, cooperation between commanders and the “taggers” atm would have to finish the random events they port to just to contribute

Easy way for this would be that the roamers go for shield events (they got fixed locations when they spawn so they spawn at the same spot everytime) the commanders with zergs head to catapults and bombs. This way it would create a good flow on events and all would be rewarded equally, now the argument might be “i do more work and being rewarded with the same amount as the one that did one event” well that happens, leechers are everywhere – who had most fun in the end is what matters.

Secondly is that i would remove the break times between the three events. As soon the 20 minutes are done in Brisban it should start RIGHT AWAY in Kessex for 20 minutes, let them try to overwhelm us – let us rally on the run on who is running where. Once Kessex is done, it starts in Diessa right away too for 20 minutes.

Once all these is done, what i would have added is that i would add that Modrem Guard that are in the beta (he has to have some purpose in Heart of Thorns right? Let us get familiar with him! He has plently of uses before we meet him, considering that HoT is future, and adding him in the present atm would be okay, we dont kill him now – we just defeat him then he can just escape by hugging a vine that pulls him down in the earth as a retreat or something… something..) I will add a picture of him to this post. Anyway, HE would spawn in any of the three maps we just did events in, let him be like a minor boss to defeat, like a world boss. By defeating him i suggest this as rewards

• A big event chest as we usually get, contains random stuff like blues, greens, rares (almost like vinewrath got atm)
  • 10-15 blossoms
  • As for the event reward (the bronze, silver, gold) we get exp, karma, silver like normal events, this will feel a bit more rewarding for new players too.

After this has happend, we did events, the guard is drawn back to the planning board – Tyria is safe for another 90 minutes. Then it happens again.

I would also let the event run for 1-2 weeks instead of 4 days. This would let people have time to get the things they wanted and not to let them gamble with their personal health by farming 24/7 to get the rewards.

This would “de-reward” the items a bit, but what gives? As more content comes, new items come, people will replace the armor they get here with “cooler” things, new people come and come back and value will rise of the items again. In the end, all are the winners.

As adressing the disconnecting people are having i cant say much on that, to be honest – this happens in spvp, world bosses and you get nothing by dcing there and logging back in most of the cases, so i think nothing can be done on that front. If there was something to be done there, i guess we would have seen it in-game already for spvp and world bosses

This is just my opinion, many might not agree with me on this, but i think this would make this event better.

You can give suggestion all you want, but ANET is not going to waste time fixing a limited time invasion event that ends on Monday or Tuesday. That last invasions by Scarlet already gave them a lesson, they never did learn from that one.

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

I tried the event today…I’ve never been so bored and disappointed in such a short time.
I’ve had some hopes, since I had a bit of fun in the Silverwastes, but this is a new low.

It’s a Zerg-race where half of the participated events aren’t being counted because you can’t do enough damage before the Zerg has vaporized the hostiles.

No interesting mechanics, no requirement for strategy, just dumb, repetitive and unimaginative button-smashing.

If that should be the kind of content Arenanet delivers now, I’m relieved I didn’t pre-order HoT yet.

As for my suggestions regarding the event: Scrap the entire concept and never bring it up again.
Rather make an open Beta-Event. Everyone can get a taste of the new content(and may decide to buy HoT), you don’t have to invest time in making new content(just a system to make it aviable for everyone over a weekend). Win Win.

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

You may notice that the only dev responses are about the no reward bug, and no one I know has even seen one in the event.

Would the community event in the invasion that was “postponed” have offered more Blooms?

Posted by: GeneralFreedom.2540

GeneralFreedom.2540

There’s not much I can say that hasn’t already been said…

It really feels like this event was not only rushed, but was done by people that don’t understand the game, it’s mechanics, or previous events. If the intention was to show off to new players, it backfired horribly. If I was f2p, I would NOT upgrade based on this hot garbage. In the future, if you do events targeted towards vets and lower level players alike, maybe remember that lower level players don’t have a lot of money on hand for transports and items costing up to 10 freaking gold in addition to ludicrously high token costs.

I don’t want to take credit for this idea, but in one of the other feedback threads someone suggested the vinecrawlers drop a crate at the end of the event that would have a number of blooms based on your participation. This kind of loot mechanic would help discourage the much despised ‘tag and run’ gameplay on display during these events and ensure people stayed together for completion. This could actually benefit a lot of events, in fact.

In the end, this event has very little going for it for vet and newbie alike. No xp, karma, gold, champ bags. It has low return on time investment for event tokens, especially considering how much you need, and ends up feeling like a waste of time, money, and effort.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

It’s really refreshing to see that, even the devs can make mistakes and that they can be humble about it. Blizzard for instance lashes out at their players when they don’t like something. Bravo for taking the highground with this one, plenty of respect re-earned guys. =D

My improvements would be simple.

I would enjoy a bit of variation, this feels like the Scarlet Invasion with a few extra mechanics tacked on… This is supposed to be the HoT pre-release event guys you’re supposed to blow us away and suck the new/free players in. Adjust the system, add a zone boss goal… The idea is that Mordremoth diverts forces to the event when enough damage has been delivered to his invasion through the blooms, then give us a nice, mechanically driven superboss much like marionette was. No it doesn’t have to be a lane event like vinewrath and such but something along the scale.

Speaking of scale… Players want to feel rewarded for their time spent, I understand you want to divert farming by making the rewards the end goal, the buff is an awesome start to this. But so long as you control the farm-a-bility then you control the players. Scarlet was a mess because the portals would continue to spawn champs if you didn’t destroy them, this lead to people not completing the event but farming easy champs. Give us controlled champs and lead the players too them. And end goal that’s worth it will be the key to keeping the farm down, that and champ control but allow those champs to drop loot as we go along let us feel rewarded through the entire event.

I think everyone remembers how amazing and epic the assault on LA was, minor objectives leading into three minibosses and then the final battle! That was Scarlet, she was just a minion making a single, refined attack against the city of LA this is an invasion by a hostile force, something that should terrorize Tyria and really scare the people into the serious threat mordy poses!

You guys have done it before and you can do it again I know you can make a kitten event that blows players minds… Just put your heads into the game next time around.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

I greatly appreciate that Anet tried this out, realized that it wasn’t up to snuff and then admitted.

Best to try and fail, then to never try at all. And admitting it is also amazing. It’s what I love to see in a company.

It’s also why I keep coming back to this game. Communication like this is what gives me faith…

Now only if Rangers could get this kind of feedback/support when it comes to their class. Then NO ONE could say any other MMO company communicates with their players/base more. In my book Anet is already # 2 as is. Only beaten by Blizzard and barely above the folks who run League of Legends. (Though LoL isn’t really an MMO, I know.)

Posted by: Nayatha.6349

Nayatha.6349

While I am sure that some of these posts have some pretty good feedback I have a few things to say about this event. The first being is that this event isn’t healthy. The math has been posted somewhere and if you stay up for all four events you get about 1000 blooms and severe sleep deprivation. This doesn’t count also that this event is stressful as the game play encourages a detrimental effect of trying to keep moving between events to try to get 20 stacks for maximum results. There should been a reasonable expectation and the rewards for both completing events as well as buying the various rewards should have been around that instead of maybe I can get a small nap in the hour break after Disseu. This isn’t a Korean Grinder.

Compare to other aspects of the game the Rewards are lackluster to be frank for the disruption that cause this event isn’t worth missing out on a world boss or something else. Some aspects I can agree with The “No Loot from mobs” is one of them as the goal should be focus on killing the plant instead of trying to beat RNG for a exotic. However to have only a handful of blooms for 30 minutes of work is a slap in the face and makes the player feel like they wasted their time. Getting Bronze, Silver or Gold in these events is meaningless and while I can see that perhaps removing rewards giving this way could discourage tag and run. The individual buff stacking is causing that as the best way to get those stacks is to tag and run.

Mobs shouldn’t drop loots but maybe some from of chest dropped by the Vine Spawner at it’s destruction with extra blooms and RNG Table based on the prizes will make this a bit more fun and promote people to stay as well as solve the DC issue. Sure I might lose out on some extra blooms for having 5 stacks instead of 10 if i DC but I an still get something…… The Chests should only last for about 5 minutes or so to prevent people from running around the various area just to get chests.

There one other aspect i would like to discuss and please don’t be offended by it. Gaile post saying “We also are going to postpone our plans to organize an in-game event around the Mordrem Invasion this afternoon. Instead, we’re going to continue to monitor for your feedback and collect information that will help us improve on these types of events going forward.” This sounds to me and I seen this used by devs before as saying. “Well since you not happy with what we gave you we are going to take out shiny ball elsewhere.” While I am grateful you willing to hear feedback and suggestions on how to improve this event. I seen it far too often that the Development team blames the players for reacting badly to something instead admitting that maybe something was done wrong. Sure some vocal minorities can react badly and sound like greedy idiots and don’t know the hard work that goes into making stuff like this. However In this example in this case. You could have done alot better and saying there was going to be a super awesome event but now you not going to get it is childish in itself.

The final word I have to say about this event is that it doesn’t create memories. When WOW was expanding to Burning Crusade they made an event that made lasting memories to the players. When Wow expanded to Lich King they had the zombie plague that made news and history for the game. What memories will this bring to people to tell people years down the road.

You have done well in that regard as i have my friends in my guild still telling tales of their time with Scarlet. Learn from that and expand.

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

I’m just fortunate that I had my cat Peanut nearby to hug afterwards. It helped alleviate some of the disappointment with this event. Thanks Peanut for being there!

Attachments:

(edited by seabhac.5346)

Posted by: Phelar.1627

Phelar.1627

Players are going to play events in a way that gains them the most. You guys don’t seem to take that into account. The reward system for this event is setup to encourage players to tag a few things then go to the next. Also it doesn’t feel rewarding enough for the time vs other things I could do in the game. Some of the Changes I would make.

1. Events should drop loot, not getting drops is disappointing.

2. Why don’t I get event rewards. Leave the money out if your worried about the economy. But I am still killing things and should get exp and karma.

3. Each stack of the buff should mean something. Why not one bloom per stack that way all my effort is rewarded.

4.To combat the tag and run, why not give bonus stacks to anyone thats in the event area when it completes. This could be based on the event medal you earn. 3 for gold, 2 for silver and 1 for copper.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Considering how expensive everything is especially the waypoint travel one would have to grind dungeons quite a bit to make up for the lost gold.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I think the thing is that hurts the most is I feel like a liar to my friends who I have been trying to get to play or try the game since F2P, and told them how world events go and how they can be fun at times and cool stuff you can get.

And then we got this and….yeah….I don’t feel so good about it.

edit: As for devs postponing the event. I can’t blame them. No one would really concentrate on the event itself, and stick to bashing the devs there instead.

(edited by Serophous.9085)

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

I for one appreciate the announcement Gaile, but at what point exactly does this sort of thing stop happening?

I can completely understand unforseen bugs that need to be fixed. Things get overlooked, sure, but this event like others in past seems to have it biggest flaw rooted firmly in the planning phase. The cost and rewards of items were established by someone, the event times were planned and coordinated and then implemented. The only thing I can think of that might be buggy is the lack of loot (blooms) dropping from events. Even so, grind does not equal reward here, and that seems solely a design issue.

I like Anet and I like what they do, but sometimes things like these make me say Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!! (if you know what I mean) Some things just seem so out of touch with what your customers want and when the questions/rage happens, someone quickly says “Oh! it’s not working as intended, we’ll look into it!” Which then makes me wonder about how the whole mess gets tested and the green light for release.

If there is an established check and balance system there, it would seem obvious to me, that someone would say, “this makes no sense, maybe we should think about this”. But, these things get released anyhow, and then damage control/PR begins. It’s a cycle that’s happened more than enough times and makes me wonder how things are run there. Again, I can understand if these are bugs, but some of these seem like the problem is in the design not the programming.

Posted by: Skye.9760

Skye.9760

Was really excited to do this event, get myself some of that fine selfless potion.
Went in feeling almighty, came out a broken, sad, halo-less person.
Broken.
No halo.
Sadness.

The event didn’t motivate me, it discouraged me. I’m all for working for what I want but… no drops, small reward of blooms, and forking out gold I previously had for waypoint hopping and rewards just makes this event a loss, not a gain. Really wanted my halo but 115 blooms for 12 hours of work, with 10+ stacks each time forces me to join seabhac and go snuggle my cat, Pumpkin.

Attachments:

Äntoinette the Necromancer.

(edited by Skye.9760)

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

One thing I noticed is I’m not getting any Event bonus at the end when is says Successful, if I’m reading the working correctly, not only should you get the ‘x’ amount of blooms for completing the event, but then there should be a bonus reward on top of that for a Successful completion of the entire chain(when the event ends in a zone, there are 3 completion medals to click through).

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Peanut and Pumpkin are the real winners here!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The tap-and-run strategy needs to die in a fire. Specially “You may only be progressing 1 site of a mega-event at a time – if you log advancement at a new site before the first one is complete you lose your credit towards the first event.” Make people finish what they start or at least wait until it’s finished to start the next one. You could still partially game the system by leaving a little early, but you’d have to carefully wait to start bashing the next group until the first has completed.

The stack disappearing if you disconnect (or change maps to the same zone!) is ridiculously punitive. Who thought that was a good idea?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Awwww…. our orange tabby Mel looked a lot like Pumpkin. So glad you had a furry friend nearby too! Sorry to hear about losing out on the halo. Hugs

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

I hope you’ve seen this thread?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mordrem-Invasion-Feedback-merged

Here is a thing about map chain events. You really don’t need to add a gold sink to the mordrem bloom rewards.
Why not? Because players will be masively using the waypoints already to move around the map quickly.

So then if the events not even loot people gold, people won’t be happy at all. New players esspecially don’t have THAT much gold to just hop around. So they will be penalized simply for being new. Because they won’t be fast enough to get to some events since even scaled up to max. if you have a full map doing those events, the distance between one completed events and the next can be big.

Also, the stacking boon thing promotes players to simply “tag” as many events as they can. And so won’t atually help completes an events. This scales up some events more than needed and makes them long and hard for those that do want to complete the events.

There is nothing wrong with the events them selves, but they do feel very much like a Scarlette invasion V2 only with less time to get the rewards you want and higher costs to the player.

So how could it be improved?
How about putting the event rewards in line with other rewards for event completed on a map. This doesnt mean the gold coming in to the event would break the economy, because it would be washed out just as fast through masive waypoint useage.
To combat disconnects, give players a bouncy chest with blooms after each completed event. Say 2 blooms for bronze, 4 for silver and 10 for gold. This would make getting the rewards from the npc more reachable, even with a disconnect half way through. Since the player does get rewarded for every event they DID help in.

It also promotes players to stick to the completion of an event because getting gold rewards more blooms. This combats the above mentioned “tagging” of events. And it won’t majorly impact how much players waypoint because multiple events happening at once is very effective in spreading the players. And players will try to go to new events to get the gold instead on nearly completed ones which could only reward then bronze or silver.

And finally because of the higher rewards in blooms, players would be able to try for the big rewards. Now you’re probably doing the match on how this could be farmed. But the thing is, diminishing returns can be added to this. It is very effective in discouraging most from farming. Doing 15 events during a single invasion, is not unreasonable. And have DR kick in after 20 events would curtail some of that. Though i think its very hard to get gold on all of those during an invasion.

Finally the timing of the events. 3 events of 30 minutes + 3 times 30 minute waiting time does not promote casual play. For all that the hardcore players ARE in the game that long. Doing similar events over and over gets tedius and grindy fast. Instead you could have two different kinds of events happening on the same map with a 15 minute wait time to organise players across the map.
First stage of events: Preparing the defensive against the Mordrem. No Mordrem yet, instead its random npc’s all over the map wanting help building siege equipment, barracades and such. These events can be less “omg, i’m gonna die” and more “omg, the Mordrem will be here soon. We have to prepare to defend Tyria”.
Because the events are less about fast pase action and more about carefull construction. People will have more time to coordinate. Big guilds would love this. and single players will be reading map chat to learn where to go and what to do.
These events also don’t have to drop blooms. (wouldn’t make sense either) Instead just be the usual exp+ karma + gold that other events on that map has. This will let the new and not so rich stock up a little cash to spend when the second stage hits.
The second stage could be the Mordrem invading. and no, they don’t have to be in the same place. they can be “randomly” located. in fact that would be better to prevent camping. Also, Mordrem are much smarter than the undead and know what siege equipment and the like is.

because there are two types of events, it breaks up the grindy feeling of killing the same mordrem over and over.
Also, you could stagger the events happening so there is only 15 minute break between mordrem events on each map. This will send the rich players to the next map, while the poor will stay and do the First stage event before the next Mordrem invasion.
This would mean there would two diff maps having Mordrem and one having defend events happening, or one Mordrem and two defend events happening at once.
And No staying on one map and only do the events there would not be in a player’s intrest because DR is stilla thing. So it would flow players from map to map. Usually by waypoint usage.

And it would be nice to communicate to the players on if the Blooms are a drop only for this event. Or if they are something that will return in future events.
I’d like it to come back, because that would let even the player with very limited time, to still try for the high rewards over time. Since its not a thing you can buy off the TP.

So there is my idea on what doesn’t work on this style event and how to improve it in the future. I hope you liked what i’ve written, and hopefully next time. I’ll not feel like i’m drained of my gold for a carrot i know i can’t reach.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: Latchkey.7346

Latchkey.7346

Biggest problem I had with this event was way pointing everywhere. I had to sit through the load screen every time if the waypoint happens to be too far away, and I realize for new players who may not even have the waypoint, it must be even worse.

I feel instead of scattering the events all around the map, chain them in a direction, leading the player across the map, where they can get way points, POIs, and hero points along the way. Interlace exploration with events. Understandably you will still have zergs who figured out the pattern still blasting the events apart, so have two event paths across the map.

For instance start an event in the south center of kessex hills, and from there two events in opposite paths sprout up, effectively forcing the zerg to split up to cover both events, and have them meet back up in the north center for some larger than usual event, and have it split off back around again. That way new players can go the full course and it eliminates those with way points and prior knowledge gimping the events.

Posted by: Skye.9760

Skye.9760

Awwww…. our orange tabby Mel looked a lot like Pumpkin. So glad you had a furry friend nearby too! Sorry to hear about losing out on the halo. Hugs

Furry family will be all that matters at the end of the day, lets drown their fur in our tears of sorrow. Broken, so very broken.. Many hugs to all people broken by this event.

Äntoinette the Necromancer.

Posted by: Tyorl Nightwind.8946

Tyorl Nightwind.8946

Overall I really enjoy the event, and am sorry to see it blow up this way.

I think there are two main problems with the event which have caused all the drama:

1) The reward system being based on individual event defender stacks encourages people to go around and tag as many events as possible, rather than actually participating in events. I think it would have brought the community together better if the rewards were based on how many successful events the map as a whole completed with each person needing a minimum threshold say 5 stacks, to receive credit. Like the The reward structure from the last Queen’s Jubilee. That way people are encouraged to help defeat as many as possible and see events trough to the end before jumping to the next one.

2) I think most people have gotten used to being able to grind out all possible rewards for every event over the last year (Dry Top, Silverwastes). If I’ve interpreted the reward structure for this event correctly I’d say you wanted to give everyone a chance to earn one or two cool rare rewards that are no longer available, and then a few other things with the leftover tokens. If that’s the case, and it was never intended that everyone be able to grind out all the rewards I think I would have done the rewards like the Festival of the Four Winds, where the meta achievement gave you the one major reward token and you had to decide if you wanted to spend it on the Mini Panda, the Doylak Tonic or a Weapon Skin. I think people would not have been as angry if they knew right from the start that they would have one meta reward token to choose of the “big” rewards to work toward.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Terrible-paltry rewards for time invested…

- Needs a progression / final event like Scarlet invasions.
- Mobs should drop loot.
- Very weak rewards. Very, very weak. Lousy, actually.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: CottonSwabs.5863

CottonSwabs.5863

To be able to get even one of the top tier rewards I’d have to scrap plans with friends, skip some school work and maybe some sleep….

But who cares, right? GW2 is life!

I am not happy with the time constraint and the limit on the number of ways (ONE, BTW. THERE’S ONLY ONE WAY TO GET SOME BLOOMS) to get me sum phat lewtz.

>:(

Posted by: Voramoz.6790

Voramoz.6790

There are no pros to this event, only cons. There is an awesome number of Mordrem assaults repelled. THAT should define rewards for the while map. That is Dry Top, that is Silverwastes. This event is tag and run. There is no spirit if camaraderie or shared hardship.
Even the worst of basement dwellers have lives that would preclude them from good rewards in this event.
Reboot it. Pull the plug. Run the event again.
Don’t dare half apologize.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

For instance start an event in the south center of kessex hills, and from there two events in opposite paths sprout up, effectively forcing the zerg to split up to cover both events, and have them meet back up in the north center for some larger than usual event, and have it split off back around again. That way new players can go the full course and it eliminates those with way points and prior knowledge gimping the events.

This is what I’m saying. How is it that simple ideas like these are overlooked? This seems so much better than what was originally planned/designed, and I bet he is not a paid game designer either (I could be wrong tho)

Posted by: Lariara.3054

Lariara.3054

I think the event is sort of fun, but it doesn’t feel rewarding enough. We only have four days to collect blooms and for some of the newer players like myself (I’ve been playing since Halloween last year), there’s a lot of rewards we’d like to collect but there’s not enough time to collect the blooms because there’s such a low reward count. I apologize if this sounds rude at all. I just think there needs to be more blooms given out during the events. We spend 30 minutes collecting about 10 blooms, but the cooler rewards are 200 blooms or more.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

The tap-and-run strategy needs to die in a fire. Specially “You may only be progressing 1 site of a mega-event at a time – if you log advancement at a new site before the first one is complete you lose your credit towards the first event.” Make people finish what they start or at least wait until it’s finished to start the next one. You could still partially game the system by leaving a little early, but you’d have to carefully wait to start bashing the next group until the first has completed.

The stack disappearing if you disconnect (or change maps to the same zone!) is ridiculously punitive. Who thought that was a good idea?

This is good, but maybe not loose all your progress but have a limited reward, or bonus for still being in the event area on completion.

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Since this is a fix for an event in progress, what we need is basic ideas.

*blossoms come from finishing individual events. In the form of a bonus chest.(5 blossoms per event with 1-3 Vine-Covered Crates)
*vines have 3x more health.(catapult event might need less hp)
*uncontested vines will buff other vines(a status effect that reduces dmg)
*fine throws spores that slows down players at 25 stacks player is trapped in destroyable vine cage.
*condi removal cures spores.(clears all stacks)

This should make the event more dynamic.

Posted by: ZombieLeach.5862

ZombieLeach.5862

I’ve read a lot of what people have suggested in this thread and I don’t agree with a lot of it. I’ll separate my responses into two categories:

Combat
The events themselves are fine, they’re varied and complicated enough to be engaging in more than a dps/kill things quickly sense, you have to actually think about how you can best contribute. The events spawning all over the map is also nice in that it gives the impression that Mordy really has an army and is really attacking the whole map at once. I also think it limits the mindless zerg ball that tends to form during event chains since players tend to go to different events after one finishes. So the combat and the way the event is structured is fine in my book. I’ve heard suggestion of adding a boss fight at the end or changing the way the events pop up to be less random and while I think a boss fight would be nice I don’t think it is necessary or even lore-wise appropriate and as I said before the way the events load and are structured are good to me.

Rewards
There are two problems with how the rewards are set up. One, the blooms you get per completed invasion are too low for how short the event is. And two, the stacks of “Events Completed” to determine how rewards are divided out promotes “tag and run” tactics to try and get something out of the whole event. Increasing the rewards to allow players with less time on their hands to get some decent rewards and changing the reward system to a map wide completion type reward structure so that the better the map does the more rewards everyone gets “so long as you’ve participated at all” would promote staying with the event you’ve chosen to ensure it is completed in a timely fashion. These two changes and I think the event would be much better.

P.S. I understand not allowing the mobs for the event to drop loot on death. It’s similar to why mobs spawned from world bosses don’t drop loot either, it’s to ensure focus on completing the event in a timely fashion and limit champ farming. Gold and EXP would be nice to help compensate for the added gold needed for the bloom purchases and help me feel rewarded for participating in the event even if I don’t care about the blooms.

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

exact maximum blooms is 1050 assuming 72hours crossing through 4 dailies periods

Posted by: Nicksizzle.5679

Nicksizzle.5679

It’s just the time commitment that kills this event.
- 30 min to get 30-45 blooms.
- The vendor sells the item I want for 200+ blooms.

I’m a filthy casual (with a full time job and a life) so forcing me to farm this for more then 4.5 hours (half of which is wasted waiting around for the event to start) is something I simply cannot do. I loved GW2 because you could casually play and still get a lot out of the game. This event favors “grinding” which I always thought Anet was against. This is especially hurtful because 1: the mobs don’t drop a single thing, 2: the events themselves don’t grant any xp or karma, and 3: the event structure promotes selfish play (tag um and run to the next event praying the people who stay will finish the rest of the work for you).

The event itself is decent. I like the idea of the mordrem invading. But you Devs need to find a way to make the event’s theme, the event’s mechanics and the event’s rewards, coincide to promote the same idea. By doing this, it increases immersion. Increased immersion = players will be more likely be interested in the event rather then the rewards if they don’t HAVE to worry about the rewards. The rewards will be the icing on the cake/ a side thought for the player. You did this really well with Living Story Season 1. The only gripe people had with LS back then was it was only for 2 weeks, and that sucks.

But that’s just my opinion and how I feel. I’m no game developer by any means. But I’ve played A LOT of games. And it’s always a nice feeling when I’m so immersed in the action/game that when it ends, I just sit there thinking “awesome”. Then I look at my loot and get even more stoked regardless of quantity of quality because the event itself was a reward on its own.

Thanks!

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

the main problem
is that this event turned into a game of selfish quick-tagging and run away to the next event.
Individual rewards make it so people want the participation benefit everywhere without caring about finishing one event.
What should have been a community-friendly event turned into a hijacking contest.

my suggestion
is to make the event reward collective. Every member of the same guild in the same map who has participated in (or finished, even) at least one event, gets the full credit of the work done by the entire guild members present.
That way, people from the same guild will split throughout the whole map and have the luxury to stay longer in events, instead of running everywhere and discarding every task.

It will also promote belonging in a guild, and there would be a real meaning for the new members to enter one.

Posted by: I am sneaky.3214

I am sneaky.3214

Hello

As many people before me mentioned, the new mordrem event isn’t as fun as it could be. I have been spending some time in chat, talking to people and figured out most of the problems we are having:

1. Too much waypoiting
  2. People just tagging events
  3. Events are not fun
  4. No map progression reward
  5. Too little reward for event
  6. Disconnect problems and no reward

I’ve been thinking about solutions for those 5 problems and came up with (ome of the solutions were already suggested before):

1. There could be some sort of a portal to the next event when you destroy a vine crawler. For example, when you kill a vine crawler it would leave a tunnel in the ground in which you could jump and it would take you to the next event.
  2. The problem is that people are only trying to get 20 stacks to get maximum possible reward. I think the currency should be rewarded partialy in a chest at the end of the event. This would make “taggers” stay until the end of the event to collect their reward.
  3. At the moment, events are way to easy. The only way to get killed is by the killzone at one of the vine crawlers. More champion mobs should spawn, vine crawler should get some knockdown, stun mechanic to make events harder.
  4. Map progression doesn’t reward players. The counter for map completed events is already implemented in the event. Why not give reward to players based on mapwide completeion as well? This would make organized runs fun and make players work together.
  5. Rewards for events are small. The fact that you can only do 3 events per 4 hour makes this worse. Why not make the event last 20 minutes with 10 minute pause? Or maybe up the event rewards by making players get an extra bloom in a chest as described in point 2.
  6. By giving players some reward as described in point 5, you at least reward some blooms to players that disconnect.

Here are my thoughts on this event. Event is fun by itself, if it would be fixed a little by eliminatig waypointing and tagging.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Well, in case the other feedback thread gets missed somehow, here is the full version of my post:. For this thread, in short:

Advertisement: Why exactly has this event been advertised as a guild kind of thing, going as far as asking guilds to post their recruitment messages and the sorts? This zerg-fest and auto-attack spaming has absolutely no relation to guilds.

Gameplay: Encouraging to abandon events in order to get credit for as many as possible is not what I consider healthy gameplay.

Rewards: Time spent and rewards are completely out of balance. A half an hour long event for a handful of tokens just doesn’t cut it. Add the time-gating to that and basically a player would have to grind throughout the whole weekend in order to get rewards such as skins or tonics.

Posted by: Lady Eniks.6512

Lady Eniks.6512

Here are some of my suggestion / suggestions I’ve seen that I agree with.

- Make the events spawn a small chest after completion of the event to encourage people to stay to end.

- Make the amount of blooms / reward tokens based on the maps total completed events.

- Events need to be a little more interesting or perhaps different on each map, as grinding through the same 3 events over and over didn’t feel very fun and didn’t give you much incentive to actually work together with other players.

Posted by: I am sneaky.3214

I am sneaky.3214

Hello
As many people before me mentioned, the new mordrem event isn’t as fun as it could be. I have been spending some time in chat, talking to people and figured out most of the problems we are having:

1.Too much waypoiting
2.People just tagging events
3.Events are not fun
4.No map progression reward
5.Too little reward for event
6.Disconnect problems and no reward

I’ve been thinking about solutions for those 5 problems and came up with (ome of the solutions were already suggested before):

1.There could be some sort of a portal to the next event when you destroy a vine crawler. For example, when you kill a vine crawler it would leave a tunnel in the ground in which you could jump and it would take you to the next event.
2.The problem is that people are only trying to get 20 stacks to get maximum possible reward. I think the currency should be rewarded partialy in a chest at the end of the event. This would make “taggers” stay until the end of the event to collect their reward.
3.At the moment, events are way to easy. The only way to get killed is by the killzone at one of the vine crawlers. More champion mobs should spawn, vine crawler should get some knockdown, stun mechanic to make events harder.
4.Map progression doesn’t reward players. The counter for map completed events is already implemented in the event. Why not give reward to players based on mapwide completeion as well? This would make organized runs fun and make players work together.
5.Rewards for events are small. The fact that you can only do 3 events per 4 hour makes this worse. Why not make the event last 20 minutes with 10 minute pause? Or maybe up the event rewards by making players get an extra bloom in a chest as described in point 2.
6.By giving players some reward as described in point 5, you at least reward some blooms to players that disconnect.

Here are my thoughts on this event. Event is fun by itself, if it would be fixed a little by eliminatig waypointing and tagging.

(edited by I am sneaky.3214)

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I certianly see what you’re trying to do with the new system with the buffs.
You’re trying to prevent people from tagging the event and then afking.

The downside to it is that people hop around like bunnies, tagging the attackers to gain a lot of stacks of the buff, not helping out with killing them.
People who do stay to kill them don’t get nearly the stacks you need for max reward.
Another problem is that once you get 10 stacks, you know you need to get to 20 to get the next tier reward and you look at the time and realize that over half the time has gone, so you just go and afk for the rest of the time because you know you won’t get it anyways, thus capping up the map without participating and helping.
Thus, with this system, you’re incentivizing what you’ve earlier tried to disincentivize.

An option to that system could be:

Afk and you’re kicked. Participate and the whole map gets more rewards.

That makes it so that if you leave the event, you don’t gain the buff and you don’t get the reward and thus you can’t hop around and tag. You have to stay.

You get the buff at the start of the event or when you join the map for the first time during the event. Buff has a short duration that is renewed constantly when you are actively doing things to help the event. Not short enough to stress you out, but short enough that if you don’t participate, you lose it. If you lose the buff, you won’t get the reward at the end. If you actively participate, you keep the buff and you get a portion of the reward at the end equal to the percentage of time you spent in the event out of the maximum (with some optional grace period in the beginning). This also prevents people from joining in the last second. Alternatively the buff gains stacks based on the time you spend doing the event, not the number of attacks you go to.

For veterans, there’s no point in doing it. You gain nothing you don’t have and nothing is really worth any gold. So why should veterans socialize with the new people during this event when they have to grind for no reward? Put in some rewards that veterans can enjoy as well and they will stay around with the new people and everyone will get more connections. Could be as simple as some crafting materials (enough so that it is worth it over just doing chest farm or something instead!)
Also the time it takes to get the rewards from the NPC is ridiculous. A friend wanted the toxic skins, but when she realized that she’d need to spend basically all her awake time during the weekend in order to get them, she just gave up instead. That’s not viable.

Posted by: MetaData.4572

MetaData.4572

This is my first gw2 event and I was surprised on how … anti-gw2 it was. One of the things that I really liked about gw2 was how the system was designed to be co-operative and encourage users to play together, but this event was a 180 from that. The number of downed players left forgotten on the ground while multiple players ran past them to tag or whatnot was saddening, especially considering that there’s a higher probability that the downed player is a new player. Not a very nice welcome. It has a more fend for your self vibe rather than a we’re all it for the greater good vibe.

The introduction to the event wasn’t very well planned in terms of learning the initial mechanics. As gamers we know that tutorials stink, but they help ease into the main content. Personally I felt as though I was thrown into water and told to teach myself how to swim. The first few minutes of the event was very confusing since no one knew what to do, but once it was figured out the event was easy enough to complete. Perhaps an optional small tutorial would be a good idea in a format thats similar to the scouts that help with map completion? Since the event’s aren’t too difficult.

The reward system wasn’t well designed, as many people mentioned, since it basically rewarded players who took advantage of the situation rather than reward players who actually play the content. I agree with those who suggested a system closer to SW with the bronze/silver/gold rank affecting the drops of the event. It would have been so cool to have the mordrem invasion defeated number affect the final boss if it was designed like SW (A higher number of morderm defeat = some buffs or something).

The time gate and the stack requirements are … just no. Playing and finishing the actual events, it’s hard to move past 9 stacks to grab more than 5 blooms. To grab 10-19 stacks you would have to wp and tag and to get 20+ stacks, nearly impossible (Except for those lucky few with cat like reflexes and fast internet speeds). The distance between each tier is kind of far – I get 10 and DeezNuts over there gets 19 (almost double) but we get the same loot? Okay.

The way the events are timed creates stress, panic and frustration. The 30 min rush causes way to much stress for the event to be fun. It’s more along the lines of ‘look at map, wp here, run, tag, did I tag? yes, look at map, repeat’. I get that the break intervals are for breaks, but they’re being seen as a waste of time rather than a break, since players would have to be constantly on their computers or leave and come back continuously. Gw2 is known for their casual friendly design, but this event is more for the ’I’m going to stay on the computer for 48hours straight’ type players. It makes it hard for people with families, school, work, etc. to get a decent reward. If these events were to spawn continuously throughout the four days without the time requirement or timed breaks, players could actually experience the content rather than constantly think ‘where to next’.

There’s also a disparity between the new players and the older players in regards to the events. I have two accounts, one closer to a veteran player (although still far) with multiple 80s, ascended gear and map completion, and one closer to newer players – under lvl 40 toons, barely done map completion, green gear. The event is much easier for a player with more done. Map completion is a killer, or at least map completion for the three zones. More experienced players have more resources and know how to tag fast and have a higher damage output, while new players don’t have wps unlock, have their skills still locked and do less damage. Considering the zones, I’m guessing that the event was supposed to be new player friendly, but it’s hard for a newer toon to complete with a zerg of vets.

On a little more positive note, the actual rewards are great though! As a relatively new player I’m glad to get a chance at grabbing items that I missed, but because it’s so difficult to get the blooms and the event is so unfortunate, I don’t think I’ll be able to get the items I want. (I’ll see you again halo potion, whenever you decide to return) Probably going to just store the blooms…

TLDR:
- More we’re all in this together for the greater good, less out of my way I want this explosive pod.
- A small intro to the mechanics of the event would be nice (like the map completion scouts).
- A reward system to reward playing content rather than tagging and leaving would be nice. (Closer to SW with bronze/silver/gold rank affecting loot)
- The time gate and stack requirement puts to much pressure on the event for any fun to be had and takes way too long. It makes it unfriendly for people who can’t stay on the computer all day.
- There’s a gap between new and old players with this event that disadvantages new players. I say equality for all!
- The rewards are good, but are too hard to obtain.

I apologize for the long post, but like I just wanted to have fun with my friends and instead got really stressed and ragequited. I hope this actually helps though.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thanks to all of you who are posting solid, substantial feedback or even just a few thoughts on the subject. The thing I particularly like is that you’re sharing constructive ideas and suggestions that the team can use in the future to offer improved events.

Thanks, and please continue to share if you have other ideas!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: CaptainBlacksox.9174

CaptainBlacksox.9174

I actually wouldn’t mind the event, but the ONLY way I can get the most out of it, is that I have to tag and go on as many events as possible in order for me to get the maximum out of it. If I could stay and complete the events, I’d be happy to, but it forces me to hit and run, which I hate doing.

Events like these should rely on team/map contribution, rather than individual contribution. Everybody does their part in order to get the most rewards. Granted some people will come, do the minimal and afk, but I feel that is better than forcing me to run around, waypoint to every possible waypoint on the map, and get bronze in every event possible just to get 1/7th more reward.

Posted by: SonofInnocence.4905

SonofInnocence.4905

First thing that i would do is to reduce the event time from 30 min to 20 min, and instead of having individual stacks like we got now, i would add a “Map Stack” this would calculate all events we finish during that 20 minutes. Rewards would be equal to all, teamwork would be rewarded once again.

Rewards would be the following

10 events completed by map = 10 blossoms
20 events completed by map = 15 blossoms
30 events completed by map = 20 blossoms
40 events completed by map = 25 blossoms
50 events completed by map = 35 blossoms

Usually you average 35-40 events on 30 minutes. This would add a bit of a challenge, cooperation between commanders and the “taggers” atm would have to finish the random events they port to just to contribute

This. Oh my goodness this. Definitely seconding what Arahzor is saying here. I love it!

Posted by: Smauler.8164

Smauler.8164

I’m a new player (pre-bought HoT about a month ago), and have been playing quite a lot.

I’ve got a character to 80, and a couple to 50 or so.

I don’t mind the new events, but I’m not really interested in them. They’re not challenging in the least, it’s just running and/or warping from one instance to another. Once you understand them, there’s no real challenge.

Like I said, I’m a new player. I’m much more interested and involved with event chains, and enjoy them more. I’ve not even tried a dungeon yet (save Arah story)

Mordrem invasion just feels like whack a mole over a few different areas of Kryta. I’ll do each once a day to get the 20, but I don’t see myself doing more than that.

I am definitely enjoying GW2 so far, but this event has been a little uninspiring.

(edited by Smauler.8164)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Individually, the three methods to defeat each occurrence, isn’t bad. Only problem that some may have is if you get players who don’t get the Catapult on the Catapult one.

I had problems where the mini map showed loads of events going on but going full scale map seemed to show few. Made it difficult to determine if they actually exist or is there an issue with the full map or the mini map.

I also had problems, and I’ll try to “fix” this the next time by significantly reducing my graphic options, that the Mordrem spawn tossed at us were invisible for a fair portion of each occurance. My system couldn’t keep up with loading the area I just WP to, plus the crowds of players (on medium/medium) AND see all the Mordrem being deployed. Not fun taking damage from something you can’t see and since they also die quickly sometimes I never see them other than the name badge if I hold control down.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes