More Chest RNG Weapons

More Chest RNG Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Gee…I’m so glad that Anet took an amazing franchise and turned it into a money grubbing RNG fest. Remember when cool items used to cost time, and not money… Glad to see all the people running around with these weapons and know that they spent no effort to get them at all, but instead just opened their wallet.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Aethyl.7519

Aethyl.7519

Oh, they don’t always pay.

I have a friend who didn’t care about the molten skins at all. Then, he gets a key from his personal story, and with that first chest he gets a ticket.

I personally wanted a molted weapon skin since they were fitting with my character. I bought 30 keys with gold, nothing.

But yeah, it’s fair, coz RNG is always fair.

At least for Southsun Cove it seems that we may have a chance to get the new chests from mobs, it’s something.

(edited by Aethyl.7519)

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

we are not even able to purchase Southsun Supply Crate’s at the moment, are we?

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

we are not even able to purchase Southsun Supply Crate’s at the moment, are we?

From the patch notes: “You can now purchase the Southsun Supply Crate in the Consumable category of the Gem Store for 1 for 150 gems or 10 for 1200 gems.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

1200 gems? Thats 15 dollars >.> Is it just me or are the prices going up?

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Gem store prices IMO are ALL grossly overpriced for what you get.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Yeah it doesn’t mean someone spent money, but all it means is that person was lucky….did it take time, skill, or dedication to get like in older MMOs…….no.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Sazgo.9842

Sazgo.9842

Theres already enough RNG in the game with precursor drop rates and the mystic forge.
I hate that they have settled on this rng system for items that use real money. I felt last month i was scammed when i bought alot of dye packs and got no themed ones. I prolly wont buy anything from the gemstore again.

Im for supporting the game with my money but not on these scams. If they want to keep it rng atleast give us some sort of fixed reward for amount of gems spent in store so my money doesn’t completely evaporate if im unlucky. I would gladly pay increased price on some of this if it was fixed rewards also not random.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Bearzu Smash.5962

Bearzu Smash.5962

Ever been in a convenience store and watched someone who, frankly, looks like their money would be better spent on the basic necessities rather than the state lottery buy scratch ticket after scratch ticket after scratch ticket?

I get the same sort of vaguely sick feeling every time I hear people throw money at these keys.

If people stopped doing it, maybe things would change, but as it stands right now it seems like every time they come out with a new set of chests with a “rare chance for something cool!” people can’t get their credit cards out of their wallets fast enough despite months worth of evidence showing that the odds of actually getting something are vastly skewed again them.

And lest you think this an anti-cash shop rant, I’d be more than happy to pay $10 for an outfit or a cool weapon skin I couldn’t otherwise get. But to gamble for it? No way.

(Well, ok, maybe not “more than happy to”, but certainly willing to.)

Bearzu Smash! - A Blog of a Bear of Very Little Brain
Thorn - A full-length GW2 novel in progress very nearly complete NOW FINISHED! Long gone.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I have said this before so I’ll make it brief.
Make the item RNG for the first month. Then have it a direct purchase after the novelty has worn off. The direct purchase is priced higher than a gamble at the RNG chest for a ticket.
Those that like to gamble or want it NOW, can try for it. Those that never gamble and would rather direct purchase will wait or give it a gamble a couple of times then direct purchase.

Problem solved and Anet makes money both ways.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I like it. Exclusivity is good.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Boatdrinks.2546

Boatdrinks.2546

This…

I’d be more than happy to pay $10 for an outfit or a cool weapon skin I couldn’t otherwise get. But to gamble for it? No way.

and, excluding bank/bag space and extra character slots, this…

Gem store prices IMO are ALL grossly overpriced for what you get.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Good luck on spending 250$ guys to get you another “ticket” . great game will not play if this goes on.

play hard , go pro.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Everything about GW2 is turning into a cash grab…I am rapidly approaching the “uninstall” point.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Valar Morghulis.7049

Valar Morghulis.7049

Everything about GW2 is turning into a cash grab…I am rapidly approaching the “uninstall” point.

Everything? really? Or do you mean random “skins” that do absolutely nothing game-wise? A chance to get one can be purchased with cash, gold or looted from mobs… I see no difference then any other MMO I have played other than they offer more ways to get them and they are not needed in the least.

You people crack me up IT’S A SKIN! lol

OHNOES RandomPlayer01 has a different looking sword and I wants it! /quit /forumwhine /threatenuninstall

Fiddler of Malazan [BR] – Engineer {NSP}

More Chest RNG Weapons

Valar Morghulis.7049

Good luck on spending 250$ guys to get you another “ticket” . great game will not play if this goes on.

or… kill mobs and loot rare…
or…kill mobs, loot gold and buy chance to win it…
or…don’t worry about a “skin” that adds no stats…

More Chest RNG Weapons

Vol.5241

Everything? really? Or do you mean random “skins” that do absolutely nothing game-wise? A chance to get one can be purchased with cash, gold or looted from mobs… I see no difference then any other MMO I have played other than they offer more ways to get them and they are not needed in the least.

OHNOES RandomPlayer01 has a different looking sword and I wants it! /quit /forumwhine /threatenuninstall

Remember before release how everyone was all happy that GW2 would have stuff that would be sold as novelty, and nothing would be pay to win?

Well look now, there are people complaining for the sake of complaining because they can’t get their novelty stuff for free or for cheap.

[Permabanned on Forums]

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

You people crack me up, that will not even bother trying to get your money’s worth out of a product you bought. Go ahead, throw money away if you want to, but some of us aren’t in 24/7 Vegas mode.

I guess if you wanna be wasteful, this would be the game to do it on atm with the amount of RNG. Me personally, I’ll keep my money for non RNG items in the store.

That and they tend to market this as a super casual MMO when it’s turning into Grind Wars 2 to get anything you want these days. I enjoy grinding personally, but only if there is actually a reward for doing something. As it stands, why grind or buy gems for a .2% chance that Anet won’t screw you over and take your money. Right.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Bearzu Smash.5962

Remember before release how everyone was all happy that GW2 would have stuff that would be sold as novelty, and nothing would be pay to win?

Well look now, there are people complaining for the sake of complaining because they can’t get their novelty stuff for free or for cheap.

No, consumers are attempting to make their voices heard because in a game where it’s all about the cosmetics for the majority of the player base people are being asked to gamble for a chance at cosmetic items rather than being allowed to straight-up buy them.

Thorn - A full-length GW2 novel in progress very nearly complete NOW FINISHED! Long gone.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Aeonblade.8709

No, consumers are attempting to make their voices heard because in a game where it’s all about the cosmetics for the majority of the player base people are being asked to gamble for a chance at cosmetic items rather than being allowed to straight-up buy them.

This.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Vol.5241

So this game is pay-to-look-good? That’s the first time I heard about it like that. I wonder what the reaction to GW2 would have been if they encouraged purchases of gear and weapons through the gem store…

This kitten isn’t changing. Anet is making a ton of money from this and I don’t fault them. As soon as sales start to lag I’m sure they will consider offering it directly through the store. In the meantime, I’m going to buy 25 more keys.

[Permabanned on Forums]

More Chest RNG Weapons

offence.4726

Are some of you people for real ? Adding new game content and skins every patch with no chance on receiving set items which should require SKILL not hard cash + RNG + stupid luck ? So what if it’s just a skin with no stats ? It’s still new content atleast WoW had t2 items from arenas which no carebear mofo could achieve by spending hundreds of dollars. This game is truly dying.

play hard , go pro.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Aeonblade.8709

So this game is pay-to-look-good? That’s the first time I heard about it like that. I wonder what the reaction to GW2 would have been if they encouraged purchases of gear and weapons through the gem store…

This kitten isn’t changing. Anet is making a ton of money from this and I don’t fault them. As soon as sales start to lag I’m sure they will consider offering it directly through the store. In the meantime, I’m going to buy 25 more keys.

LOL this really got me, thanks, unless you are serious :/ I can’t really tell on the forums these days.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Valar Morghulis.7049

I thought it was a tax on people who just didn’t learn math and are bad a spot checking probability. Most humans are not very good with probability.

It’s relative….
Person A: Makes $500 a week.
Person B: Makes $500 a day.
Person C: Wouldn’t waste time bending over to pick up $500.

Anywho, they saying I always heard was, “Lotto is a voluntary taxation on the mathematically challenged”.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

What’s the alternative? You can offer the cosmetics as a straight purchase, but then everyone has them and they’re completely worthless. You can maybe make them expensive, but then everyone complains about the up-front cost.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Valar Morghulis.7049

Make your voice heard all day! But they are not asking you to gamble, they are giving anyone who wants, a chance to win a cosmetic item. A lucky few will win these, via loot or otherwise. There are A LOT of other cosmetic options out there… I like a game that has some things that are special and you don’t see a bazzilion people running around with it 1 hour after patch…. That’s probably just me tho…

More Chest RNG Weapons

Valar Morghulis.7049

Are some of you people for real ? Adding new game content and skins every patch with no chance on receiving set items which should require SKILL not hard cash + RNG + stupid luck ? So what if it’s just a skin with no stats ? It’s still new content atleast WoW had t2 items from arenas which no carebear mofo could achieve by spending hundreds of dollars. This game is truly dying.

1% of COSMETIC content can be purchased?!?!?! With gold, cash or loot, you say?!?!?! ZOMG WOW IS BETTER!

They should just add content once a year like other MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION games lol

More Chest RNG Weapons

Bearzu Smash.5962

What’s the alternative? You can offer the cosmetics as a straight purchase, but then everyone has them and they’re completely worthless. You can maybe make them expensive, but then everyone complains about the up-front cost.

How does making them purchasable devalue them in any way? Does it devalue my experience that gasp! other people run dungeons and have the same armor and weapons I do? Or that someone else had the gall to join the Order/Vigil/Priory and put together an armor set with some clever use of transmute stones with those, too?

(Answer: No, not one bit.)

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

And who says they’re worthless if everyone has one? Everyone should be able to get stuff, without it being based on RNG (let alone RNG with real money). Value is in the eye of the beholder. I could care less if everyone had the same item/armor that I was using, as long as I like that armor. If anything, I’m more kittened at other players that have those exclusive items. They get my contempt more than my respect/adoration.
If anything, the easier they make the stuff to get, the more choices people have and the more they branch out in the skins they use, or as more items are release, the less used the previous stuff is, since players would then go to the newest ones (if they’re easier to get).

How does making them purchasable devalue them in any way? Does it devalue my experience that gasp! other people run dungeons and have the same armor and weapons I do? Or that someone else had the gall to join the Order/Vigil/Priory and put together an armor set with some clever use of transmute stones with those, too?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

More Chest RNG Weapons

Vol.5241

I can imagine the chain-reaction responses…

Anet will end up selling these skins directly through a high gem cost
→Players will complain that they’re so expensive and that they’re greedy, not worth the cost

The skins end up circulating in greater frequency
→Players will complain that there are very few skin choices in the game and everyone looks the same

Anet ends up making less money and will probably have to scale back on providing monthly content
→ Players complain that Anet is not providing new content

[Permabanned on Forums]

More Chest RNG Weapons

Vol.5241

And who says they’re worthless if everyone has one? Everyone should be able to get stuff, without it being based on RNG (let alone RNG with real money). Value is in the eye of the beholder. I could care less if everyone had the same item/armor that I was using, as long as I like that armor. If anything, I’m more kittened at other players that have those exclusive items. They get my contempt more than my respect/adoration.

You mispelled jealousy

[Permabanned on Forums]

More Chest RNG Weapons

Valar Morghulis.7049

Obviously, making them RNG makes people covet them more tho…
I don’t even know what the kitten things look like, but the more whining I read the more I want them lol…

More Chest RNG Weapons

offence.4726

1% of COSMETIC content can be purchased?!?!?! With gold, cash or loot, you say?!?!?! ZOMG WOW IS BETTER!

They should just add content once a year like other MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION games lol

Are you getting payed to make these kind of posts ? Trust me we get that your a casual guy probably playing this game 2 hours a week it’s OK BRO we dont judge. But please try to be atleast more convincing when comparing those things. Ingame SKILL vs RNG+LUCK+CASH if it gets too confusing I will kindly explain it to you via PM.

Introducing a new tier of items on a monthly basis which is achievable only on RNG and cash terms is an awfull setting and that’s the end of it no matter how you spin it.

play hard , go pro.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You mispelled jealousy

That could be another way of putting it, but my hatred/contempt is still there. And its not always jealousy, since I don’t like/want everything thats been release (I think there are 2/3 fused skins I wouldn’t have minded having).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

More Chest RNG Weapons

Aeonblade.8709

I can imagine the chain-reaction responses…

Anet will end up selling these skins directly through a high gem cost
->Players will complain that they’re so expensive and that they’re greedy, not worth the cost

The skins end up circulating in greater frequency
->Players will complain that there are very few skin choices in the game and everyone looks the same

Anet ends up making less money and will probably have to scale back on providing monthly content
-> Players complain that Anet is not providing new content

Or alternatively they could release enough skins to buy that people look different based on their tastes…Honestly even with the few skins in game now I have never seen 2 characters exactly alike personally, even though I’m sure they are out there.

I just don’t understand how variety and getting what you pay for is a bad thing.

More Chest RNG Weapons

dinominator.9862

Are you getting payed to make these kind of posts ? Trust me we get that your a casual guy probably playing this game 2 hours a week it’s OK BRO we dont judge. But please try to be atleast more convincing when comparing those things. Ingame SKILL vs RNG+LUCK+CASH if it gets too confusing I will kindly explain it to you via PM.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but items that augment skill (that is, items which reward actual stats or combat advantage) are only gained via “Ingame SKILL” as you put it (which, BTW, in this context “skill” could be read as “time,” since that’s what it really takes to get anything in an MMO).

The RNG gem store items should be nothing more than cosmetic and have nothing to do with skill.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I wonder where you got your name from offence? It is fluff, not a new tier.

Introducing a new tier of items on a monthly basis which is achievable only on RNG and cash terms is an awfull setting and that’s the end of it no matter how you spin it.

More Chest RNG Weapons

offence.4726

I wonder where you got your name from offence? It is fluff, not a new tier.

I got it from the mIRC days where I was an undernet admin. Im sure you missed those days as for the fluff items . Newsflash we play this game for fluff – cosmetic items. What is there left to do ?

play hard , go pro.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Valar Morghulis.7049

Are you getting payed to make these kind of posts ?

I guess disagreeing with you means I’m “on the take”?

Trust me we get that your a casual guy probably playing this game 2 hours a week it’s OK BRO we dont judge.

Sounds a bit “judgey” to me. The ole “guess at what type gamer you are then slander that type” is still in play? At any rate… you are incorrect, but any can check that via my handle in-game…

But please try to be atleast more convincing when comparing those things. Ingame SKILL vs RNG+LUCK+CASH if it gets too confusing I will kindly explain it to you via PM.

What? We still talking about fluff items here? Cosmetic stuff?

Did they introduce a new tier? I thought they added fluff/cosmetic items?

The RNG debate is very old. I don’ t know of any MMOs that don’t use it tho… I remember camping the Ancient Cyclops in EQ to get my Jboots… lol I thought the beef here was that you could participate in the RNG via loot, gold or cash?

Should all RNG be removed? Every mob drops same coin/item/materials? I guess I just disagree… the game feels more alive for me when there are chances of getting rare/cool loot and I feel there isn’t enough RNG (bosses in dungeons should have rare chance to drop cool skins).

More Chest RNG Weapons

Vol.5241

Look, these are premiem skins. They are premium because they are exclusive and more than likely will never be released again. That’s fine with me, as long as they have other numerous skins that are decent looking and can be obtained without RNG.

It seems people have forgotten the other skins that have been released, like Halloween or even SAB

[Permabanned on Forums]

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I have to agree with most here. I purchased the flame pick and the quiver skin, and the last 2 mini pets.
If these where RNG from the chests? I would not have even tried. There are a lot of games that use the chest mechanic, it’s a known money maker that is rigged against the players. At least they allow you to purchase gems with gold, if not, it would actually be illegal where I live.
Yeah, I’m not even allowed to enter any of the contests they have because the people in my state think it’s gambling. :-\

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

And what about the discrimination factor for those that can not gamble due to religion or some other social/cultural stigma?

Verum et Vitae

More Chest RNG Weapons

Aeonblade.8709

Getting tired of these posts.

Anet is a business. They’re in this business to make money and profit. Clearly this business model is WAY more profitable than just selling the skins directly on the store. Considering they don’t charge a monthly fee, they need to make money somehow.

The skins in no way affect how you play at all. They give no advantage. If you have that many issues with envy problems because you are unwilling to take the chance, maybe you should see a psychologist. Plus how you can get these crates from mobs in Southshore, which the karka are a popular farming spot ANYWAY thanks to shells and powerful bloods.

All I’m reading right now is putting an image in my head of a baby in a highchair, screaming and slamming their little fists on the tray. Get over it.

All I’m seeing by people dropping hundreds of dollars for nothing is dunce caps and jealousy rage, (I didn’t get one, so they should stay on RNG so others don’t!) so I guess it works out for everyone!

It’s really a moot point, check the skins out on Dulffy, they are god awful horrendous to me personally, so now that I have seen them I really don’t care anyway.

Good luck to those throwing money away, may you get lucky!

More Chest RNG Weapons

Vol.5241

And what about the discrimination factor for those that can not gamble due to religion or some other social/cultural stigma?

And what about it? There could be a religion out there against violence yet this game consists of killing animals, monsters and other species.

How about drinking? I guess you shouldn’t roll a norn

How about kosher and halal foods? Better not consume any meats then or even consider chef as a crafting profession…

Ya see where I’m going? Arenanet could care less about religions and it’s effect in the game world.

[Permabanned on Forums]

More Chest RNG Weapons

Aeonblade.8709

Anet is a business. They’re in this business to make money and profit. Clearly this business model is WAY more profitable than just selling the skins directly on the store. Considering they don’t charge a monthly fee, they need to make money somehow.

The skins in no way affect how you play at all. They give no advantage. If you have that many issues with envy problems because you are unwilling to take the chance, maybe you should see a psychologist. Plus how you can get these crates from mobs in Southshore, which the karka are a popular farming spot ANYWAY thanks to shells and powerful bloods.

All I’m reading right now is putting an image in my head of a baby in a highchair, screaming and slamming their little fists on the tray. Get over it.

All I’m seeing by people dropping hundreds of dollars for nothing is dunce caps and jealousy rage, (I didn’t get one, so they should stay on RNG so others don’t!) so I guess it works out for everyone!

It’s really a moot point, check the skins out on Dulffy, they are god awful horrendous to me personally, so now that I have seen them I really don’t care anyway.

I really don’t care if they are RNG or direct buy. They don’t affect me.

Then why are you even here if you don’t care about the post or the issues therein?

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

My guardian scepter auto-attack is still broken. Jon Peters promised to fix it, but did not say when.

Please follow the guidelines below on how to win the lottery, I promise you that you have a possibility to win the lottery during the limited time, but i will not tell you when.

Please note that a rare of a rare is rare-square. Rare-cube will be implemented in late 2015.

Guidelines
The Southsun Supply Crates will also be a limited-time rare drop off the creatures on the island during this time.
+
These special crates contain a rare chance at new weapon skins and minis.
=

Attachments:

More Chest RNG Weapons

Aeonblade.8709

I really don’t care if they are RNG or direct buy. They don’t affect me.

Then why are you even here if you don’t care about the post or the issues therein?

Because complaining about something that doesn’t affect you and is completely in your control is ludicrous. Also you posted here as well and claimed you didn’t care yourself.

Reread what I wrote. I claimed I didn’t care about the Southsun weapons being under RNG because they are ugly, I still care that Anet feels it’s okay to rip their customers off for skins or new items.

I still definitely care about RNG on stuff, just not these personally

More Chest RNG Weapons

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Exclusivity is pointless.

At the rate they’re adding skins, there will be enough variety that you won’t see everyone with the same thing except for the most recent release which will be FotM until the next one is out.

It boggles the mind how people expect to come to a game with hundreds of thousands of players and somehow be unique.

Nevermind the fact that making a lot of these things limited time gives them some exclusivity already, since anyone playing after the window will be unable to get one.

More Chest RNG Weapons

Aeonblade.8709

Exclusivity is pointless.

At the rate they’re adding skins, there will be enough variety that you won’t see everyone with the same thing except for the most recent release which will be FotM until the next one is out.

It boggles the mind how people expect to come to a game with hundreds of thousands of players and somehow be unique.

Nevermind the fact that making a lot of these things limited time gives them some exclusivity already, since anyone playing after the window will be unable to get one.

This is what I was trying to get across earlier. Even with lack of unique skins, everyone manages to look a little different imo. Making you get what you pay for won’t change that.

More Chest RNG Weapons

dinominator.9862

Not valid. By the same argument you’d have to shut down everything that could be against someone’s religion or beliefs:

• liquor establishments
  • casinos, race tracks, state lottery
  • strip clubs
  • places that serve certain foods
  • etc. ad nauseum

edit: I forgot hospitals!