Mounts? What on earth?

Mounts? What on earth?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

if they made a tinfoil hat something like 10 gems… I buy one for all my guildies :P

no ideea whos that guy but I find it on internet

Attachments:

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

Technically the tinfoil hat would view your character as a mount, so it’d be an easy way for us to get mounts in game.

We might even have concept art for it….

<-Troll.

WANT TINFOIL HAT!

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

As an Asura, I’m sure my character would quite like a Norn mount so he can ride around on their shoulders.

Also, I can run him around LA spamming ‘BEEP BEEP’ and ‘THIS THING’S GOT GREAT MILES PER GALLON’.

I would imagine it’d be more fun to ride on the back of a charr as they’re bounding about.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Technically the tinfoil hat would view your character as a mount, so it’d be an easy way for us to get mounts in game.

<-Troll.

Epic

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

<-Troll.

But “new players as mounts” is still on the table, right?

Mounts? What on earth?

Rajani Isa.6294

It must be some kind of disorder, some humans just want to mount everything and everywhere

The disorder is called ‘being a man’.

Ba-dum-tss

And that brings this to mind. Glad they fixed that leak in the pool in the roof

(edited by Rajani Isa.6294)

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

if they made a tinfoil hat something like 10 gems… I buy one for all my guildies :P

That is awesome!
great pic

Gunnar’s Hold

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

The only logical conclusion is that we will be able to play as dolyaks. Grandmasterskill in the toughness line will be “caravan” – allowing us to carry up to either 10 asura, 5 sylvari or humans, 2 female norn or one male norn. Charrs will not be able to be transported as their claws hurt.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

…I will give 500 gems for a tinfoil hat.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Pixel Seven.5472

Pixel Seven.5472

A dolyak mount for my huge norn would be amazing. It wouldn’t need to go any faster than I go since they are slow in nature (Wubwub supply dolyak speed for example).

There’s so much potential on possible “slow” mounts that would just be for the looks, I dont’ think many people would even care the practical uses.

Server: Desolation
Aliases: Nukkavieru, Äpärä, Vahinkolapsi, Nirpp

(edited by Pixel Seven.5472)

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

<-Troll.

Please implement the possibility of taking your mini’s for a piggyback ride. Eir Stegalkin really doesn’t have a good view from down there.

I think it would be totally in-character for a miniature Rytlock Brimstone to ride a player.

Or a unicorn. Whichever.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

I don’t see any reason why they can’t add mounts, as long as they can’t be used during combat.

If they ever did add it, I would bet they would save that for an expansion pack.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

As an Asura, I’m sure my character would quite like a Norn mount so he can ride around on their shoulders.

Also, I can run him around LA spamming ‘BEEP BEEP’ and ‘THIS THING’S GOT GREAT MILES PER GALLON’.

I would imagine it’d be more fun to ride on the back of a charr as they’re bounding about.

Jump on my back and tell me how that works out for you :-P

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: igneous.8153

igneous.8153

Lack of mounts is one of the reasons I absolutely hate traveling in GW2. Get rid of 90% of all waypoints and give us mounts. Then we’ll talk about exploration.

Mounts? What on earth?

RoyHarmon.5398

Lack of mounts is one of the reasons I absolutely hate traveling in GW2. Get rid of 90% of all waypoints and give us mounts. Then we’ll talk about exploration.

I don’t think I understand. Why do you hate traveling, and how would mounts do more to alleviate that than waypoints already do? The only difference I see is that waypoints are instantaneous but have to be discovered first. Do you not like to discover them? Is that why you want to discuss exploration?

Or do you just want to move faster? If so, why? This game is beautiful; I love to slow down and appreciate it. (Also, “exploration” would be over pretty quickly if we could all zip around like stylish blue hedgehogs.)
It feels like there’s so much more to the game than going from Point A to Point B. I don’t think I’ve ever sat down at my keyboard in GW2 and thought, “I’m going to go to that spot, way over there! I’ll run to it as fast as I can,” though I can’t say the same about GW1. When I explore in GW2, it’s more like, “What’s over there? I’m going to find out!” It’s not about the destination in GW2; it’s the journey.

If you absolutely must go faster, then try a speed-boosting skill. Rangers, thieves, elementalists, and necromancers all have a 25% speed boost signet, and I’m pretty sure the other classes all have some form of swiftness (+33% movement speed). Would a mount provide some kind of utility aside from speed boosts? What would they do in combat? It seems like the only thing they could do is complicate things.

Or do you mean something more akin to the sand wurms in GW1? I don’t know about anyone else, but for me, the novelty of riding in a wurm wore off pretty quickly.

If you simply want some creature to accompany you everywhere you go, try a miniature. Or a pet, a minion, a spirit weapon… Or another player.

From what I see, there just isn’t a reason anyone needs to ride something in this game. Am I missing something? Is there some other reason to want a mount in GW2?

- C. S. Lewis

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

I want to ride armored doylaks on WvW. That’s all.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

<-Troll.

Still not a “no mounts”

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

A dolyak mount for my huge norn would be amazing.

No. Battle bears.

Battle bears with lasers attached to their heads. Only way to ride.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I don’t see any reason why they can’t add mounts, as long as they can’t be used during combat.

If they ever did add it, I would bet they would save that for an expansion pack.

I can think of a couple, the first being the cost of paying someone to code several creatures of burden into the game for our variously-sized characters to ride. I don’t think horses are going to work for the norn or the charr.

Also this. While I’m not sure how it works in other games, I do know that in LOTRO when you’re riding your horse or pony (depending on your race) in an area full of hostiles, the mount will eventually take so much damage that you’ll be dismounted.

Now…envision that scenario in Orr:

“Mount up, we’re heading for Arah!” “Whinny!” “DEATH, GOOD!” BLAM! “KITTEN!”

Yeah, you’d be better off with a supply dolyak.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i WOULD KILL for mounts its basic thing you know the knight arives on his horse to slay the dragon in any story

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Are you guys seriously worried about art made by a person who didn’t even know that there are no such things as horses in GW?

Yes, I know they use the word and have referred to them but there has never been an actual horse in either game.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Mounts? What on earth?

RoyHarmon.5398

i WOULD KILL for mounts its basic thing you know the knight arives on his horse to slay the dragon in any story

Yeah, any story about a lazy knight… You know, the kind who’s only in it for the money and fame. A real knight charges that dragon on foot! Or maybe in a batmobile, but that’s a knight of a different color. I guess in our case, the knight arrives on a honking AIRSHIP to slay the dragon.

Really, guys. Stop thinking so small. Horses, dolyaks, and other mythical beasts? We already have magical teleportation conduits for general use and airships to ride when we go dragonslaying. Why would you want to downgrade?

- C. S. Lewis

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

We needz mountZ cuz I plaid in uthr MMoz an thay had thum!

GW2 doesn’t need mounts, and against all sanity I’ve read this thread and haven’t seen one GOOD reason to add them given the context of the game world. If the devs decide otherwise down the road, lovely. Until then, go to the kiddie zoo and ride a goat.

I’m now locking this thread!

tick tock tick

Gah! There was a way to lock threads when I saw ’em in concept art in 2009! Where is it!? I was promised locks! Aiiiiieeee!! Lies, always lies!….

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

I don’t really care for mounts either way, though I can easily find some objections to them.

I’m not entirely sure about the nature of culling, is it to limit bandwidth or is it to limit the amount of models on screen? If it is the latter then mounts would make the culling far worse.

Secondly I would want mounts banned from citys, specifically being unable to use them there. Citys are clustered enough as it is with norns and charr in bulky armor. I really don’t want a giant dolyak riding norn filling up the bank/mystic forge/crafting area/trade point just so some guy/girl can have an kitten boost.
And if you limit mounts to the open world AND out of combat only, then their practically never gonna be seen so why even bother?

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Then they have to deal with what happens when you get off of the mount… Where does it go? Just put that dolyak in your pocket right?

And what about Charr? Charr don’t ride animals, they ride machines… and I think that would be the last straw. At that point people could realistically stop calling this guild wars 2 and call it WoW 2.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Desraedos.1856

Desraedos.1856

Are you guys seriously worried about art made by a person who didn’t even know that there are no such things as horses in GW?

Yes, I know they use the word and have referred to them but there has never been an actual horse in either game.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necrid_Horseman and yeah I know you’re gonna say that that isn’t a horse, but the undead always looked a little wonky compared to their living forms, horns on a horse undead seems about right to me.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: igneous.8153

igneous.8153

I don’t think I understand. Why do you hate traveling, and how would mounts do more to alleviate that than waypoints already do? The only difference I see is that waypoints are instantaneous but have to be discovered first. Do you not like to discover them? Is that why you want to discuss exploration?

Or do you just want to move faster? If so, why? This game is beautiful; I love to slow down and appreciate it. (Also, “exploration” would be over pretty quickly if we could all zip around like stylish blue hedgehogs.)
It feels like there’s so much more to the game than going from Point A to Point B. I don’t think I’ve ever sat down at my keyboard in GW2 and thought, “I’m going to go to that spot, way over there! I’ll run to it as fast as I can,” though I can’t say the same about GW1. When I explore in GW2, it’s more like, “What’s over there? I’m going to find out!” It’s not about the destination in GW2; it’s the journey.

If you absolutely must go faster, then try a speed-boosting skill. Rangers, thieves, elementalists, and necromancers all have a 25% speed boost signet, and I’m pretty sure the other classes all have some form of swiftness (+33% movement speed). Would a mount provide some kind of utility aside from speed boosts? What would they do in combat? It seems like the only thing they could do is complicate things.

Or do you mean something more akin to the sand wurms in GW1? I don’t know about anyone else, but for me, the novelty of riding in a wurm wore off pretty quickly.

If you simply want some creature to accompany you everywhere you go, try a miniature. Or a pet, a minion, a spirit weapon… Or another player.

From what I see, there just isn’t a reason anyone needs to ride something in this game. Am I missing something? Is there some other reason to want a mount in GW2?

It’s about the basic dynamics of movement and traveling in GW. Right now GW2 forces you to either move slowly, or teleport quickly. The former is annoying, and the latter takes the joy out of traveling. Why would I explore the world if I can simply discover the waypoints and then instatravel between them? In a way, I want to be forced to explore the world, instead of doing it just once with the current system, and then simply porting between waypoints

Adding mounts and reducing number of waypoints will force players to travel more. It will increase event participation, since a most players will be hard-pressed to ignore an event they’re riding by. It will make the world seem more vast and bring the thrill of exploration back. Nobody’s asking for mounted combat, it simply doesn’t work. Several MMOs have tried it, and all of them failed.

All of this can be accomplished by reducing number of waypoints, or increasing waypointing costs. Though either way, I suspect the resulting tsunami of tears and whining will be too much for the developers to bear. They’ve put themselves in the corner by having the current waypoint system since launch. And it doesn’t matter whether they add mounts or not – their enormous world will still seem small and instanced compared to other MMOs.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Chaedron Ipsis.7953

Chaedron Ipsis.7953

As I suggested on Reddit,Arena.net needs to add a /horse emote that would make your character act like he was riding a horse, ala Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Then they could have a companion you could buy in the gem store that followed you around banging coconuts together.

Guild Leader of Brotherhood Of Abaddon
http://brotherhoodofabaddon.guildlaunch.com/

Mounts? What on earth?

Morrigan.2809

As I suggested on Reddit,Arena.net needs to add a /horse emote that would make your character act like he was riding a horse, ala Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Then they could have a companion you could buy in the gem store that followed you around banging coconuts together.

oh wow! I would love that- imagine having races I can just see 10 players running down the road……

Gunnar’s Hold

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Give all the NPCs mounts. But never to players.

Watch delicious rage ensue.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Ohliufff.8160

Ohliufff.8160

I would pay big money for a speed debuffed Dolyak with a tinfoil hat on…..

[BOO]KhanKubrat – Small Onel for life
Seafarer’s Rest

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

GW2 doesn’t need mounts

Of course GW2 doesn’t need mounts.

GW2 doesn’t need mini-pets, either. Or jumping puzzles. Or chickens. It doesn’t need various weapon skins. It doesn’t need more than one profession or one weapon or one zone. It doesn’t doesn’t need mountains or lakes or rivers or hills or trees or clouds in the sky or day and night cycles. It doesn’t even need to exist. But if it didn’t we wouldn’t be here discussing whether it needs mounts.

It’s not a question of need. The things I mentioned in the previous paragraph – why are they in the game?

The table is a fable.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I’d hate seeing animal mounts clutter the beautiful cities and zones of GW2. A few little toys like the broomstick wouldn’t upset me, but anything that could be used in combat, anything large would just be a blot on the landscape, and lore.

Also, horses are extinct. C’mon, at least get creative guys!

Of course having been made aware of the possibility of players-as-mounts, I am not all in favour. Something inside me, something evil and twisted, is greatly amused by the idea of riding asura into battle.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

To all posters wondering why this vitriolic hate towards mounts, duels etc. from some people – it is because they passionately hate WoW and mistakenly liken all those things to that game.

I barely played WoW. I hate mounts because people AFK on them on top of NPCs I need to talk to.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

There’s a legendary bow that shoots unicorn… So not only horses does exists in Tyria… They even got horns!
Why the heck i can shoot them from a bow and not be able to ride them?

Seriously, adding mounts (with no speed bonus or at least like the normal speed granted by skills, and ridable only in open world, no city or wvw) could be only a good thing for a game that really lack of horizontal progress.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I want unstructured duels in the game. I don’t want mounts in the game. I’m not against WoW and the accusation is a rather bizzare one.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Kannethiit.4796

Kannethiit.4796

As Winston Churchill said : Mounts are uncomfortables in the middle and dangerous at both ends.

Yo San Blue Eyes.

Mounts? What on earth?

Morrigan.2809

GW2 doesn’t need mounts

Of course GW2 doesn’t need mounts.

GW2 doesn’t need mini-pets, either. Or jumping puzzles. Or chickens. It doesn’t need various weapon skins. It doesn’t need more than one profession or one weapon or one zone. It doesn’t doesn’t need mountains or lakes or rivers or hills or trees or clouds in the sky or day and night cycles. It doesn’t even need to exist. But if it didn’t we wouldn’t be here discussing whether it needs mounts.

It’s not a question of need. The things I mentioned in the previous paragraph – why are they in the game?

Because those are the things that make up this game?
Without them you would be sitting in one instance with your one weapon fighting one rat over and over.
Seriously, the game works fine without mounts- it is not a game breaking lack,
I consider them a pain even when you have one.

Gunnar’s Hold

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Don’t use the waypoints if you you don’t like them, but why do you feel the need to inflict your style of gameplay on everyone else?

Had mounts in other games, they were cool..got a speed buff too. But they were always available from day one and were part of the game. Not the same here, but thats ok.

Its a broom , fer pete’s sake. Not a mount. It doesn’t give you anything except an appearance. Some folks need to lighten up.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

It’s about the basic dynamics of movement and traveling in GW. Right now GW2 forces you to either move slowly, or teleport quickly. The former is annoying, and the latter takes the joy out of traveling. Why would I explore the world if I can simply discover the waypoints and then instatravel between them? In a way, I want to be forced to explore the world, instead of doing it just once with the current system, and then simply porting between waypoints

Either you like exploring, or you don’t. If you don’t like exploring and have to be forced, why are you fussed about the waypoints? If you do like exploring, why don’t you do it? It honestly does not take that much time to get places. It’s like <5 minutes from one end of an area to the opposite end for me, if I just start running. If you really need to go faster, there’s food with speedboosts, and most classes have them also. Just look up permaswiftness for your class and shoot across the landscape like a rocket.

On-topic: No mounts please. We really don’t need them, they clutter up the landscape and can be used to block NPCs, etc. Let’s keep the lore and anti-griefing parts of the game intact. Maybe, way down the road, rideable dolyaks are a fun idea. But don’t give them a mechanical benefit (NO speed boost!) so that we don’t suddenly have everyone, everywhere riding on dolyaks all the time.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Pfeh. 100 Laurel for a cat?
I want a Colin Johanson miniature with a tinfoil hat!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Sabbaticus.9573

Sabbaticus.9573

I know who this person is but out of privacy respect I will keep that to myself. I play ROM with them and they are one of the greatest gaming friends I have ever known.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: spencerharrison.8136

spencerharrison.8136

Add in the mounts! Purely cosmetic, or faster movement. I don’t really care. I just want something cool looking to work toward and collect. Make all kinds – racial, unique, faction based, etc. Would be a lot of fun to build a collection up and show them off. Disable combat when mounted, and disable for pvp. Done and done.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

To all posters wondering why this vitriolic hate towards mounts, duels etc. from some people – it is because they passionately hate WoW and mistakenly liken all those things to that game.

I barely played WoW. I hate mounts because people AFK on them on top of NPCs I need to talk to.

Oh yes, every game is plagued by that. Why, if they added mounts, every NPC in Tyria would have a giant elephant sitting on top of them! /sarcasm

Does this mean you can’t find TP NPC’s with all those Norn standing on top of them?
Same thing. If that’s your only reason, that’s no reason at all.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

As our artists have also said in interviews that one of the purposes of concept art is that it is a way to convey mood to a viewer and to serve as inspiration for designers. Concept art is not necessarily a blueprint to follow by rote. There is stuff in the game that looks like the concept art, but just because something is depicted in the concept art doesn’t necessarily follow that it will make it into the game.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable.

I am reasonable. I assumed it was reeeeeally ill advised concept art. The ‘no mounts’ nature of Tyria is well known, afterall. I just find it foolish that the devs decided to send the wrong signals with what specific image they chose to represent this event.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Every kid and even neighbour’s dog’s puppies know certain combos are just pure win.
For example
Asuras+mind controlled moa mounts.
Sharks+Lasers
To name a few:)

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

People like you make me laugh and cause my brain to hurt thinking about what’s going through your mind, sorry, but seriously?

Waypoints are a better way of exploring the world because it takes you there instantly, Wtf? How can that even be possible. So, me spending 5 mins running through orr thinking “Oh wow that looks epic over there, i’ll head there now” is exploring the game less then me saying “I just spend 2s to travel here instantly and everything that is between that waypoint and this waypoint, was just skipped. So sorry anet, but I just missed that beautiful view you created, I just skipped past that amazing event you spent hours creating and testing, but hey it’s okay because I get to explore your loading screens, just not your maps.”

Anet say they can go back and add more events, well you have to find the events first, how are you going to manage that when you’re waypointing everywhere through the game? Will the loading screen tell me there is a new event in a hidden part of the map that no waypoint will take me near? No, I didn’t think so, but atleast if I have to run past that area on foot, or on a mount I will have a much greater chance of exploring that area.

Part of your comment was "When I explore in GW2, it’s more like, “What’s over there? I’m going to find out!” It’s not about the destination in GW2; it’s the journey. " So tell me, when am I suppose to think “Hey what’s over there”? When i’m on the loading screen? When i’m opening my map to select the waypoint I want to travel to? Maybe after i’ve just skipped that map completely to get the the area south of that place.

Now i’m not saying if mounts should be in this game or not, but the fact that they shouldn’t because it takes away exploration in the game is stupid. Even having a mount with 75% increases speed is going to be more exploration then 30 seconds in a loading screen.

But add mounts to the game, just make them like the riding broom, make them cosmetic. The idea that my character can run across the whole of tyria on foot without any rests starts to hurt my feet, let alone my poor warriors feet.

(edited by EliteZ.1682)

Mounts? What on earth?

Rajani Isa.6294

Now…envision that scenario in Orr:

“Mount up, we’re heading for Arah!” “Whinny!” “DEATH, GOOD!” BLAM! “KITTEN!”

Yeah, you’d be better off with a supply dolyak.

So that “kitten” is becaus ethey’re dead, right? the mount is Dead dead dead, as in buy a new one dead?

And the dead one becomes a risen horse and attacks you?

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I want a tinfoil hat in the gemshop- mounts not so much.

ahahahaha

I’d buy it! Just to mock you all in game on my ele. “Look at me! I’m just as crazy as the rest of them!”

In all seriousness, I don’t care either way if they exist or not.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Mounts? What on earth?

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

<-Troll.

It took some searching, but I tracked down the concept art.

I have to say I’m glad you didn’t go with it.

While it has excellent art, in true Guild Wars 2 fashion, the other elements are unfortunately also true to Guild War 2’s nature.

Green lighting this concept art shows more poor decision making by management. The tinfoil hat cannot buy gems, so you have marketed to something which cannot fund your game.

Also, if people did want to be a mount to this hat, they would probably have to suffer through the yet unfixed bug where wearing a hat makes their character bald.

Finally, Quality Control seems to have missed yet another thing in this game, as there is a typo in the artwork which made it through review.

<—- Not a troll, but a righteous beautiful Quaggan defending OP

Attachments: