Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Toecutter.5807

Toecutter.5807

Chiming in with my 2 cents. For us RP players that want to cover the lands of Tyria instead of using Waypoints everywhere mounts would be fantastic. Why live in a beautiful world if u never see it because you’re constantly hopping from waypoint to waypoint? Sure, I can walk everywhere, but who the hell wants to do that when you could have a mount?

I think its childish to complain about having mounts in the game, if u don’t want them don’t use them right? If the only mounts in the game came from the gem store do you have any idea how much dough Anet would reap in? stupid amounts that’s how much. I’m shocked this game has been out for over 2 years and still doesn’t have mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You’ll get the same story again…

we do not need mounts, we have waypoints
creatures ingame do use beasts for cargo transport but riding them seems not ok
all creatures encountered make us transformed when changing…
Any buffs (speed) would make a gemstore item p2W creating hell on the forum. the discussion about the watchwork mining pick still arises once in a while…
Any attack skills see ^…
If you buy it through the TP it will work like the broom, the tunneling device or the carpet, no bonus, unable to attack….
If you could arn it ingame It would be everywhere creating the sameproblem a mini’s
“due to rising population all mounts in the overflow are hidden”

Oh I’m not interested in mounts whtsoever.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Unneeded, unwanted. They would just turns in to more silly gem store junk that doesn’t fit the setting in the long run.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I think GW2 should have mounts. They are superfun and can be superpwetty. Also, you can customize them with blankets, jewelry and more superfun stuff. What is not to like? Yay for mounts, kthxbai.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Unneeded, unwanted. They would just turns in to more silly gem store junk that doesn’t fit the setting in the long run.

Fairly certain that if mounts were unwanted there would not be threads asking for them. Anything that has been added to the game, including the upcoming expansion, have been desired not needed. Excluding something because it is unneeded would mean excluding everything.

That said, I think that there are better things on which to spend limited dev resources.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I don’t see the harm in mounts that have only a minor bonus speed. Like an increase the level of buffs people give themselves anyway! That would accomplish the awesome epic wonderfulness of mounts and not make waypoints worthless.

BTW Anet, I’d pay huge amounts of MONEY for a mount!! I hear some games charging $25 for a mount, I’d pay it in a heartbeat.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Feralnex.4072

Feralnex.4072

Short topic: What about adding mounts to the game? It would give to game some life! I know that it would destroy game style but this game is too monotonic and some big changes would save it from falling… This game need some Raids too, it would be awesome. What’s your opinion?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

Bruh we got floaty brooms, magic carpets, drills that will pierce the heavens and soon kites to nyoom about with, we are set for life here!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Short topic: What about adding mounts to the game? It would give to game some life! I know that it would destroy game style but this game is too monotonic and some big changes would save it from falling… This game need some Raids too, it would be awesome. What’s your opinion?

Please read this thread completely and try again.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Mounts [merged]

Feralnex.4072

Please read this thread completely and try again.

Thanks! I was looking for this thread and didn’t find ; d

Mounts [merged]

Feralnex.4072

Game have almost 3 years and they didn’t do anything about that. Same as achievements from WvW…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I don’t see mounts adding anything interesting to the game.

On the contrary, I think they should add some kind of “pack animal” that function the same as Dolyaks work actually for NPC. These beasts of burden could walk alongside your character, allowing you to carry more bags or even your whole Bank with you, and therefore would be seen as a QoL luxury item.

Obtained from the Gem Store, Pack animals would be similar to extra tabs for your inventory, just with more setting flavor and lore logic.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: FranBunnyFFXII.3508

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

You’ll get the same story again…

we do not need mounts, we have waypoints

Yes which completely nullifies the point of them being “game breaking.” In anyway.

There’s no open world PVP, there’s no reason to not have them due to many reasons.
The reasons to have them? Money in ArenaNet’s and NCSofts pocket, and players get another aspect of vanity item to splurge on.

Franbunny Alice Viera – 25/F/USA
|Aurin Esper|Castanic Archer|Sword Fiona|Norn Ranger|Blood Elf Fire Mage|Togruta Sith|

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Yeah but the actual reason we don’t have mounts, and I’m sure this has been brought up already, is that ANet wants us to use waypoints which act as the game’s biggest gold sink.

See! Now that’s a legitimate argument! It’s not necessarily one I like, but at least it’s better than “we wanna be different!”

Also not a particularly strong one. Mounts could easily have built-in gold sinks equal or even greater than waypoints. Mount feed, stabling, grooming, equipping… there are plenty of ways to keep mounts consuming gold long after initial purchase.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

If anet adds mounts, the right way.
This would bring in more cash to Ncsoft, players would play longer and more which is what anet want’s.

I’m pretty sure there is a good reason they havent put in mounts yet, it has to do with something serious. From a business standpoint, adding mounts would be ideal, all the way.

Adding mounts, different mounts, maybe even customizable, where you could buy some gear from BLTC, some gear that drops from world bosses, even ordinary dynamic events. I mean can you imagine how much people these could attract?

Woha, adding mounts would def bring in money, no doubt about it. In the long run, this would only benefit them. IF they do it right.

And the thing about gold sinks, lol, mounts are the RIGHT gold sink. I mean mounts must be one of the biggest gold sinks in WoW, or atleast was? Imagine if mounts was customizable.. The gold and real money i would spend is insain..

Hmm.. maybe it’s better they don’t add it

(edited by Tirien.1326)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Ah, this thread again. It is always good to see an old friend…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I don’t want mounts. It would give less purpose to the running speed buffs people lay down for the team. Then mounts will be “the thing” and people without are always falling behind.

I much rather they finally give me Pancake Bunny mini.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

MY GOD… feast upon that majestic mount…

When are we getting some good ’O mounts?

Attachments:

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

We have mounts
1) Broom
2) Carpet

We are waiting now for the third mount

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Yes mounts!

Officially mounts will be released when the new commando class is released.
So you gotta wait a few weeks more….

Attachments:

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Gerikstoof.9563

Gerikstoof.9563

What do we need mounts for? So we can go and gather even more skins?

We already got the waypoints as a fast travel option, and for walking we have a lot of +25% movement speeds options and swiftness that gives 33%. Besides, the distance between locations is not that big that mounts would be useful anyway.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

The only thought that thing brings up for me is overcompensating.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

My hope is for never, ever…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: derekisazombie.2359

derekisazombie.2359

WvW mounts would be really cool. I don’t really need one anywhere else for anything other than cosmetics, Which is still really cool.

Mounts [merged]

Rauderi.8706

Oooh, we could have a generic Mount specialization. It could give loads of special transformations that give speed boosts and swiftness.

/snark

Okay, that wasn’t really a serious idea. :P

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Ok just wanted to touch on a few things, People said following the HoT teaser that the mounted mordrem would’ve been a single component and not actually a mounted mordrem, seems after playing the beta the mounted modrem can and did dismount during combat. Does this mean the mechanic is in game for mounts? Also the hylics had mounts to which leads me to ask, Why the hell cant we have mounts? Why do I have to waypoint for map travel and cant just use a mount with a slight speed buff so I can stay in game not looking at loading screens? I’ve paid for the HoT but am actually at the point of quitting GW all togeather after 7-8 years supporting Anet because of the choices they keep making.

P’s 90% of my friends list has left mostly at launch but that’s a lot of accounts without players.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nagiil.1230

Nagiil.1230

No! Mounts!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

No to mounts!

I’ve just taken one shot of the GW2 Forum drinking game. No doubt when someone adds a .gif I’ll be taking shot 2 real soon.

Attachments:

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

I believe this was touched on when the game first launched. Because of waypoints there is most likely never going to be mounts in GW2. Besides we have gliding, mushroom jumping, and so forth. If we do get something mount-like it is most likely going to be an extension of our character in some way a speed buff of somesort. And if you take that logic we already have the signets on some classes that increase speed by 25% plus swiftness. In the end there isn’t any need for mounts. Even on toons who don’t have those speed signets you can use the warriors greatsword and sword and warhorn skills to get around quickly. With Revenant you have the shiro skill that grants a speed buff and skill five on the staff that can be used to get around quickly. Later tiers of the glider let you speed up and slow down so, why do we need mounts? Other than the fact they look cool, I don’t see any other reason they would be added to the game outside of on the enemies. And not all the enemies dismount, there was one point in the beta where you were fighting a mounted enemy. I’m not going to say where because it is a spoiler. And that guy was impossible to kill until he was forcibly dismounted.

(edited by frayon.3984)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

/15deadhorsebeatings

Attachments:

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

(edited by yolo swaggins.2570)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

Mounts are doable perhaps but should they be? In the original Guildwars II there’s so many waypoints that you just don’t need them. There’s going to be some waypoint that’s near enough you don’t need it, especially if you can put swiftness or a 25% movement bonus (or even both!) on yourself.

So what about places like the Silverwastes, Drytop or the beta area? Well the waypoints in those are pulled right back to a handful (and in the silverwastes you have… what. Three? And non in the north/northeast) so a mount could be useful there. However (that word again) you’ve got the glider and there’s the ability to harvest mushrooms for a speed boost and so on, giving players a sense of progression. You could tie that to a mount but it’s a lot of work (designing the mounts making them work, ect) when you can ‘just’ give speedboosts and jumpads and stuff.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I like it how flying is implementent with the gliding mastery. A lot of not so good consequences of flying are not happening with gliding and it makes sense in the map and storywise.

If they could do the same with riding/mounts: Why not.

Until then: Please no.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Best mounts I have seen were in Silkroad Online, also in Neverwinter, (Horses as well), really good and a faster way of getting about. Mind you it was a much bigger game world.

And yes I would like to see mounts, but only horses, not all sorts of weird stuff.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

NO to Mounts!!!!!!!!! Want mounts? Go play some of the many other games with mounts in them or go play GW1 and find a wurm in Nightfall. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

NO to Mounts!!!!!!!!! Want mounts? Go play some of the many other games with mounts in them or go play GW1 and find a wurm in Nightfall. GAME ON

How can you say NO to mounts just like that, many people would like mounts.

I don’t like jumping puzzles or flying gliding jump pads, or whatever it is, doesn’t mean I just say NO to them, many people enjoy them.

Ans “Go play something else”, really you said that.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Mounts [merged]

Tasida.4085

I don’t like jumping puzzles or flying gliding jump pads, or whatever it is, doesn’t mean I just say NO to them, many people enjoy them.

Then as I said go to a game that has mounts in them….problem solved WP’s and skill buffs are enough for GW2. Buy Nightfall if you don’t want to buy the 3 + expansion of GW1, you get wurm travel tho it is limited.
And the things you mentioned, jumping puzzles etc is already implemented in the game. So I can and will always say NO to mounts they weren’t in GW1 (wurms don’t really count) and just don’t belong in GW2. GAME ON
P.S. to the OP as well, I’m sorry to be so blunt but for every person that has or will quit any game there will be 3+ who join, so to many MMO’s the loss is minimal.

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

(edited by Tasida.4085)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Ans “Go play something else”, really you said that.

It’s not as simple as “some people enjoy it so why not let them and just not use them yourself?”. For example, there are fears that mounts trivialize the game world, even more than waypoints already do. Furthermore, there are fears that mounts will clutter the screen (in combat, in cities, near npcs and so on). There are also fears that mounts tend to be too… extravagent (although weapons like the Dreamer already have this problem). There might well be other reasonable arguments against mounts.

If Anet adds mounts then they have to deal with those issues. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s not that easy either.

Mounts [merged]

Tasida.4085

No to mounts!

I’ve just taken one shot of the GW2 Forum drinking game. No doubt when someone adds a .gif I’ll be taking shot 2 real soon.

As soon as someone adds “return LS1 event items” to that list I’ll be joining you for shots, and I’ll even supply the drink.! GAME ON

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

No Mounts!!!!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

My Tempest loves floating around in her water bubble mount.

Sylvari for life. <3

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

There is absolutly no need for mounts what so ever in GW2. Waypoints are way faster then a mount will ever be. I actually came to this conclusion again after i went back for a short test of a former mmo i was playing for a long time before i stopped and decided to focus on gw2. This game have mounts, fast mounts. They also have a portal system, but yet i tell you the amount of time i spent on the mount was way longer then i do by using waypoints in GW2.

I also noticed that people are freaking lazy in that game because it takes a short while to unmount and mount, and players apparently don’t want to do this, so they sit on their kitten waiting for others to finish off what they should be a part of.

So please let GW2 be special and have their own thing. No mounts!!

Mounts [merged]

Rauderi.8706

No to mounts!

Doubles as a Bingo card!
Just put “Soon” in the middle, and you’ve got the New Forum Bingo game.

Many alts; handle it!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

No to mounts!

HAHAHAHAHAH!! that made my day!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ckotoc.5421

ckotoc.5421

In a game with no end game or trinity i think there are other more serious problems to solve first.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

No thank you. 15 char

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

In a game with no end game or trinity i think there are other more serious problems to solve first.

yea man, i must say that trinity is acutally good,it defines roles clearly for people and is unique. all out dps in gw2 is not the answer.

i also agree that gw2 pve end game is lacking. hopefully they solve it in HOT.

With regards to the topic, i would say that anet is moving towards fewer waypoints and gliders as mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PorceleinEve.2973

PorceleinEve.2973

Yes to mounts, and while you’re on it, no to zones, Say no to boxes with events, say yes to proper seamless worlds. Add phasing to solve the overpopulation issues in one zone but keep the world seamless. Say no to invisible walls too (since I remembered it).

Say yes to mordremoth destroying most waypoints in a zone, and say yes to the new way of moving abouts, mounts.

Also, say yes to ranger pets remembering their names and not acting like total kittens. Say yes to dolphins as underwater pets for rangers and while we’re on it, say yes to underwater combat (fix that shi7 it’s great).

We’re not hamsters to run events in boxes, we humans who wish to travel on other worlds through their screens…

Let the revolution begin!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

No to mounts!

Are you looking for the quickest way to get alcohol poisoning? Because I’m certain you just found it.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Yeah, again mounts and again for the – felt – 100th time: yeah, I would appreciate it. I hate to run by foot over long distances, aside from looking silly, waypoints are not everywhere and quite often contested and especially in WvW I hate running those kittening long distances. Also mounts usually add 100% running speed, which is quite convenient.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong