Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arcanaut.4158

Arcanaut.4158

YES to mounts if they had abilities when you get on it or off it, like when youre sitting on it you have skill 1,2 for your main and the other is for the mount. And every Mount has other abilities like spitting fire.
Mounts only for riding is useless so i think Anet would not make this way.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

No.
Go play the other games with mounts if you need them that badly.
There is no reason for them to be in GW2

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I like mounts. I always had a collection of them in every MMORPG I ever played. Dragons, zebras, lions, pegasis, etc.

That being said I don’t want them in GW2. I can understand why some people would. For exploration and such. But that’s also an unfair advantage in a sense. Just buff that speed and run with a cute mini.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Are you guys (asking for mounts) opposed to having mounts with no speed increase? Because thats a much more realistic request to be honest

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Are you guys (asking for mounts) opposed to having mounts with no speed increase? Because thats a much more realistic request to be honest

Ohh just for looks would be a fun option. Similar to the broom stick or magic carpet.

I’d want a giant turtle for the lolz. X3

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Lord.6495

Lord.6495

In the words of ArenaNet, “No, we think mounts take away from imersion and that they let players skip over content.” This is an indirect quote, but i remember this from one of the interviews for the game before its release.

We have so many way points that we don’t need them, especially flying mounts (gliding is an exception as it is limited to one area.)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PorceleinEve.2973

PorceleinEve.2973

nope in a game where cosmetics mater, that would be a wonderful addition imo.

also if they can add gliding to the rest of tyria that could work also. as long as we’re not always going down since we got lots of flat areas in tyria…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

<——Rolls eyes. Repeatedly, as Lord.6495 said above, Anet has stated they do not want mounts for this game. Waypoints are their fast travel option.

Maybe these persistent pro-mount people don’t get that.

Maybe they think the squeaky wheel gets the grease. At this point, the squeaky wheels are just perpetually loud and annoying.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Never felt the need for mounts. The maps are small enough you can run across one in a few minutes. Mounts would only make the maps feel smaller. Speed boosts of various sorts and waypoints make them unnecessary. And all this has been gone over soo many times before over the years.

Since my iPad won’t allow a gif, I’ll put down a picture.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I once checked how many mount threads there were using fairly well defined google search (at the time, it worked whole lot better than forums own search engine) and I found some 200 mount threads, at that one time. Of course, most of them were merged later on. But there should be some thread with just about all the info on why mounts shouldn’t happen.
This isn’kitten but it gets close
EDIT: This isn’t <cencorbreakingspace> it, but it gets close
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mounts-merged/

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

No.

There is no reason to not have them.

I see no one complaining about Magic carpets.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Mounts [merged]

jheryn.8390

No.

Magic carpets are not mounts. They are toys. They provide no speed boosts or skills.

They are cosmetic only.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I would think mounts might cause some performance problem. If I recall GW2 even limit the number of minis that can be on a map at the same time for that reason? Imagine 30 or 50 or 100 people riding around on mounts. I can see it causing big hits to FPS for most players. As other have said I do not think GW2 need mounts. I don’t see much of a benefit for it.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Mounts [merged]

runeblade.7514

No.

Magic carpets are not mounts. They are toys. They provide no speed boosts or skills.

They are cosmetic only.

So if Mounts worked exactly like Magic carpets and had a description called Toy, you would be okay with them?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

Mounts: YES!

• There are already some kind of mounts
    Carpet, kites, tunneling tool
  • Only in PvE
    PvP/WvW already dont allow the kites, carpet, … no problem here.
  • Permanent +33% speed on mounts
    It’s only a timesaver, since every class can specc for perma-speed. Yes, maybe you have to get ooc to respecc, maybe even carry a set of armor with runes around. But again it’s a matter of time and you have the choice to get yourself a mount or take the time to respecc or just run around in slow-motion. No problem here.
  • Toggleable visibility for the immersion whiner
    Transformation of the Aviator Memory Box is only visible for someone himself → so hiding stuff is already implemented. No problem here with hiding mounts.
  • There are already far more “unnecessary” things in GW2 and no one bats an eye:
    - Minis (even of dead characters – in your face immersion!)
    - Outfits
    - Armor/Weapon-Skins
  • Anet gets another cashcow

Since everything already exists and mounts would basically just be a Skin with perma swiftness for lazy ppl, there is absoluely no reason to not implement them – except the jealousy of some ppl here.

And now take my kitten money and gief me a Hoverboard!

Mounts [merged]

jheryn.8390

No.

They are cosmetic only.

So if Mounts worked exactly like Magic carpets and had a description called Toy, you would be okay with them?

I wouldn’t care except for the tax it would put on the performance of zones. As someone mentioned above, even mini-pets are limited per zone. We don’t need another thing hampering performance.

As long as performance issues still exist, I don’t believe we even should have cosmetic mounts in abundance.

Mounts [merged]

runeblade.7514

Mounts: YES!

• There are already some kind of mounts
    Carpet, kites, tunneling tool
  • Only in PvE
    PvP/WvW already dont allow the kites, carpet, … no problem here.
  • Permanent +33% speed on mounts
    It’s only a timesaver, since every class can specc for perma-speed. Yes, maybe you have to get ooc to respecc, maybe even carry a set of armor with runes around. But again it’s a matter of time and you have the choice to get yourself a mount or take the time to respecc or just run around in slow-motion. No problem here.
  • Toggleable visibility for the immersion whiner
    Transformation of the Aviator Memory Box is only visible for someone himselkitteno hiding stuff is already implemented. No problem here with hiding mounts.
  • There are already far more “unnecessary” things in GW2 and no one bats an eye:
    - Minis (even of dead characters – in your face immersion!)
    - Outfits
    - Armor/Weapon-Skins
  • Anet gets another cashcow

Since everything already exists and mounts would basically just be a Skin with perma swiftness for lazy ppl, there is absoluely no reason to not implement them – except the jealousy of some ppl here.

And now take my kitten money and gief me a Hoverboard!

The main reason to not implement them is: “I don’t want it. So I absolutely don’t want other players to have them ever.”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Ok just wanted to touch on a few things, People said following the HoT teaser that the mounted mordrem would’ve been a single component and not actually a mounted mordrem, seems after playing the beta the mounted modrem can and did dismount during combat. Does this mean the mechanic is in game for mounts? Also the hylics had mounts to which leads me to ask, Why the hell cant we have mounts? Why do I have to waypoint for map travel and cant just use a mount with a slight speed buff so I can stay in game not looking at loading screens? I’ve paid for the HoT but am actually at the point of quitting GW all togeather after 7-8 years supporting Anet because of the choices they keep making.

P’s 90% of my friends list has left mostly at launch but that’s a lot of accounts without players.

We have mounts, they’re similar to the ones in GW1, they’re transformations that changes your appearance, changes your stats like every other transformation and gives you a custom skill bar.
Mecha Devourers in Silverwastes and Edge of the mists.

As per GW aesthetics, only NPCs can truly use a mount. In GW1, Necrid Horsemen, GW2 Mordrem Courtiers and Hylek, and more possibilities.

On other hand, if we do get mounts, lets be abit hypothetical, they are going to have restrictions, like with real riding, you don’t have same control as when you walk in GW2 (controls would be for WASD: W accelerate, S decelerate, A/D respective turn directions, NO SIDE STEPPING), only run forward with acceleration, turning will be sharp when not moving and be more slower when running at max speed.
Also you will be downed instantly and be have skills disabled for 30 seconds, if you got hit by an attack, because you most likely got rolled over by your mount that was knocked over.
To mount up, you will call for your mount, which will take time until it arrives. Once the mount is present, you have to do the mounting animation, that will be easily disrupted.
To dismount, you will have to go through dismounting animation, which will also be easily disrupted.

Why should we make same thing as every other MMO does, poof-mount there and you mounted, increases your speed and acts same as if you walked in the game.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

The main reason to not implement them is: “I don’t want it. So I absolutely don’t want other players to have them ever.”

With the refrain of “dis no WOW go play WOW if u want mounts”

Not that I’m a huge proponent of +mounts. I understand the -mounts side, but I see the benefit of including mounts, in a moderate fashion:
Not in cities.
Not in WvW or PvP. (WvW needs something else for speed boosts, but that’s for an entirely different thread.)
Speed boost no greater than perma-Swiftness or near perma-Swiftness. Perhaps passive +25%.
Base mount available in game, not cash shop.
Mount swiftness has a cast time of 2-3 seconds.
Any combat effect dismounts. This includes evasion or falling damage.
No combat effects on mounts. No “jousting” except maybe as a toy/costume brawl skill.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Oh, so it’s been 14 days since the last mounts topic. That’s two weeks! A new record!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Mounts [merged]

Inexor.7804

The upcoming Mastery with perma swiftness in cities is nice. Maybe they will expand it on all PvE maps later. If this would be the case, I would be totally fine too.

My main reason approving mounts is just quality of life for all classes – mainly for those who haven’t/hadn’t a sigil/trait for speed, like Guardian or Mesmer (before Chronomancer).

As Engineer I have easy access to perma swiftness, even if its already some kind of OCD to press a key every 20s – sometimes even if I’m not on my Engineer.

And if I can get a nice Hoverboard-skin for my Engineer on top of perma swiftness, I’m fine as well. And ANet too, with an additional cashcow.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

Yea! Another mount thread.

Mounts are prestige items, like legendary weapons. They’re the sexy sports car of a fantasy game world.

The only useful thing they do is speed travel. We have frelling Asura Waypoints that can port us across the game world for loose change.

The only use for mounts in this game is to brag how yours is bigger or prettier or cooler than someone else. Do we really need virtual ostentatious?

We’ve got legendaries, cash shop skins… honestly, going off that, why the hell not?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: WQboy.4751

WQboy.4751

I would love to see mounts added into the game. I wouldn’t even mind if they didn’t give a speed boost…

It would give me something that is actually rewarding to collect, and could also be nice to have for rp.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: wetwillyhip.7254

wetwillyhip.7254

I guess you could sort of consider a “Mount” being the glider in HoT. Right?

I hope they eventually come out with new glider skins/prestigious ones too.

Mounts [merged]

runeblade.7514

With the refrain of “dis no WOW go play WOW if u want mounts”

Not that I’m a huge proponent of +mounts. I understand the -mounts side, but I see the benefit of including mounts, in a moderate fashion:
Not in cities.
Not in WvW or PvP. (WvW needs something else for speed boosts, but that’s for an entirely different thread.)
Speed boost no greater than perma-Swiftness or near perma-Swiftness. Perhaps passive +25%.
Base mount available in game, not cash shop.
Mount swiftness has a cast time of 2-3 seconds.
Any combat effect dismounts. This includes evasion or falling damage.
No combat effects on mounts. No “jousting” except maybe as a toy/costume brawl skill.

There are plenty of evidence that WoW isn’t the only MMORPG or games with mounts. So, With the refrain of “dis no WOW go play WOW if u want mounts” is just plain wrong.

The only reason to not implement them is: “I don’t want it. So I absolutely don’t want other players to have them ever.”

Mounts [merged]

Rauderi.8706

There are plenty of evidence that WoW isn’t the only MMORPG or games with mounts. So, With the refrain of “dis no WOW go play WOW if u want mounts” is just plain wrong.

The only reason to not implement them is: “I don’t want it. So I absolutely don’t want other players to have them ever.”

And you’re not wrong in that, either. The anti-WoW hate is just the most prominent example. Just like some of those Asia-grinder MMOs cause a lot of anti-wing sentiment for some reason.

There are some gameplay considerations for saying no-mounts, but those can be worked around, and there have been dozens of ideas already generated.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

So there are more options for games with mounts for you to play. Hop to it.

Visual clutter.
Clipping issues galore.
Extra data processing for no in-game benefit.
Adding in-game benefits breaks profession balance.
Screws with selecting targets.
Opens up debate for more related crap to get added that was previously agreed on would not be added.
Serious waste of developer time.
takes a drink

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

2000 gems for a nice mount , what dou you think anet

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Mounts [merged]

Inexor.7804

Visual clutter.
Subjective, invalid.

Clipping issues galore.
Already exist on mass and they wont be fixed, so who cares.
Subjective, invalid.

Like all kinds of Skins, Races, Minies and Mail Carrier. Since none of them is adding “in-game benefit” only “extra data processing” they should get rid of them all. We would look all the same, but better performance yay!
Charater models, minies etc already get lowered/hidden if necessary.
Invalid.

Adding QoL breaks balance? Little hint: No!
Invalid.

Neither it affects using Tab nor manually clicking.
Invalid.

Opens up debate for more related crap to get added that was previously agreed on would not be added.
Opinions may change over time. Mounts would be implementable without affecting balance or the immersion-bubble of all those whiners, while creating another cashcow for ANet.

Creating things to sell them for money is what developers do. So if it brings money, its no waste of time – e.g. Minies, Outfits, Mail Carrier, Skins etc.
Invalid.

And again nothing more than dummy arguments and jealousy from the opponents.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

I see that you’ve been practicing your Necromancy and raised a dead horse.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I see that you’ve been practicing your Necromancy and raised a dead horse.

You get a point.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

No, close, but no. See I don’t want them, and I don’t ever want to see them in game. I could give a crap about other people having them, as long as I can disable ever seeing them, and as long as it gives absolutely no in game benefit whatsoever. I say fill the cash shop with enormous, ridiculous mounts and charge $50 worth of gems a piece for them. Just make sure you add a graphic option to disable ever seeing them, and we’re all good.

Just like with the enormous, obnoxious back items.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

“Adding in-game benefits breaks profession balance.
Invalid.” False.

You are forgetting wich game are we talking about.

This argument could be true in other MMOs, but is not in GW2.

In GW2, exploration and movement are a major part of the gameplay. Getting fast from a point to another matters. Swiftness is not mere “QoL”. In fact, different professions are balanced and designed considering it, with totally different ways and costs to maintain it. It is clear to the point one of the bigger concerns about Rev is their current lack of a speed boost.

Any speed boost will impact the balance and focus of the game.

IMO, mounts are totally unnecesary, but they could be interesting to see, AS LONG AS THEY DON’T HAVE AN IMPACT IN GAMEPLAY. So, no speed boost.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

If GW2 adds mounts, I REALLY hope they move realistically, having turn rates and what not. One of my favorite things in Firefall is just riding around, and racing on motorcycles.

Mounts [merged]

Rauderi.8706

Invalid.” False.

In GW2, exploration and movement are a major part of the gameplay. Getting fast from a point to another matters. Swiftness is not mere “QoL”. In fact, different professions are balanced and designed considering it, with totally different ways and costs to maintain it. It is clear to the point one of the bigger concerns about Rev is their current lack of a speed boost.

IMO, mounts are totally unnecessary, but they could be interesting to see, AS LONG AS THEY DON’T HAVE AN IMPACT IN GAMEPLAY. So, no speed boost.

Which is why pro-mount (usually) goes with the stance of PvE-only. In WvW and PvP, time from spawn to engagement does matter, which is why waypoints and capture points are spaced the way they are.

In PvE, to say it’s balanced around that is poor game design. It inhibits class play because, for no reason other than “esports PvP”, some characters have advantages over others.

To demonstrate, a little exercise for any of the people claiming “no speed boosts because balance”:

Next time you want to post to the forums, wait 24 hours.
If you’ve responded to the post previously, wait 12 hours.

…That’s pretty insulting, right? Everyone else gets to participate, but you’re still waiting, hoping that when you get there, you can still tag a mob or make that relevant post. That is a benefit to allowing some kind of speed boost in PvE, and only PvE.

And it’s already happening to some degree with Pact Commander Mastery. There’s no reason that masteries couldn’t open up minor speed boosts, no mount required.

If they were really thinking of it, ANet could set up zone masteries/collections/achievements that unlock speed boosts in those zones across the entire account.

Many alts; handle it!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

WUT? MOUNT !

i want COCONUT MOUNT!

Mounts [merged]

Inexor.7804

Invalid.” False.

IMO, mounts are totally unnecesary, but they could be interesting to see, AS LONG AS THEY DON’T HAVE AN IMPACT IN GAMEPLAY. So, no speed boost.

As Rauderi already mentioned, calling ooc perma swiftness in PvE for all classes “balance breaking”, is just discrimination of those classes, which doesn’t have easy access to swiftness.

While Warriors or Thiefs rush over the map, tagging every single mob, other classes struggle keeping up and lose loot, exp, etc.
Giving access to perma swiftness to all classes and all speccs would only bring slow classes or slow speccs more in line with fast ones, in terms of traveling speed from A to B, Rekown Heart to Reknown Heart, Event to Event – or simply adding QoL.

In combat movement, PvP or WvW would not be affected, so theres absolutely no balance breaking issue.

They could even make content out of it, like in AoC, where you had a quest chain to get your mount – from getting the cub, raising it, training it, crafting equipment.

If they decide to expand the upcoming perma swiftness in cities on all PvE maps, without mounts I’m fine too.
But if I could capitalise it, while still being able to ensure ways to deactivate its optical aspect (e.g. toggleable visibility of mounts), heck, I would do it!

For the glory of Hoverboards!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Visual clutter.
Subjective, invalid.

Clipping issues galore.
Subjective, invalid.

Like all kinds of Skins, Races, Minies and Mail Carrier. Since none of them is adding “in-game benefit” only “extra data processing” they should get rid of them all. We would look all the same, but better performance yay!
Invalid.

Invalid.

Invalid.

Opinions may change over time. Mounts would be implementable without affecting balance or the immersion-bubble of all those whiners, while creating another cashcow for ANet.

Creating things to sell them for money is what developers do. So if it brings money, its no waste of time – e.g. Minies, Outfits, Mail Carrier, Skins etc.
Invalid.

So people who have older rigs who can run the game will have no choice but to upgrade or buy a new rig that the added clutter mounts would bring. You have stated your opinion, zero facts.

Mounts(with perma swiftness) would make waypoints some what redundant. Unless you are doing across the world travel. This would remove a gold sink, not a big one, but a sink none the less. It would also mean players who do not have mounts could miss out on events as a zurg of mounted players run around the map doing events/champs. Training mobs in to other players.

I personally see these as valid reasons not to have them. Also if the riding broom and carpet where.big sellers, I’m sure we would have.a lot.more.in the gem store, but I’m guessing that only having the two means they don’t sell well. And if people really wanted mounts that bad they’d have them and be riding around on them, but I’ve seen 1 riding broom and 1 carpet in the close to 3 years I’ve played this game. (I’m not counting the NPC on a broom in LA)

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Wow, this topic has been beaten and raised so many times even Zhaitan is looking at it funny. I say we just take the topic and send it to Mordy and call kick back with a cold beer.

Mounts [merged]

Inexor.7804

So people who have older rigs who can run the game will have no choice but to upgrade or buy a new rig that the added clutter mounts would bring. You have stated your opinion, zero facts.

Toggleable visibility, automatic lowering details – already implemented and working in the game. Mentioned serveral times and ignored even more times.

Mounts(with perma swiftness) would make waypoints some what redundant. Unless you are doing across the world travel. This would remove a gold sink, not a big one, but a sink none the less. It would also mean players who do not have mounts could miss out on events as a zurg of mounted players run around the map doing events/champs. Training mobs in to other players.

According to your logic, perma swiftness in general makes waypoints redundant. And since every class can already achieve perma swiftness, with more or less effort, I guess we could completely take away all waypoints – since they should already be redundant and not taking away gold.
Ppl already miss events, because their favourite/current played class/specc may not be the fastet. Adding mounts would give players with slow traveling speed the possibility to keep up, bringing them more in line with fast traveling classes (in PvE, ooc).

I personally see these as valid reasons not to have them. Also if the riding broom and carpet where.big sellers, I’m sure we would have.a lot.more.in the gem store, but I’m guessing that only having the two means they don’t sell well. And if people really wanted mounts that bad they’d have them and be riding around on them, but I’ve seen 1 riding broom and 1 carpet in the close to 3 years I’ve played this game. (I’m not counting the NPC on a broom in LA)

These mounts in fact just slow you down, since you need to switch back to apply swiftness and then mount again.
I liked my tunneling tool, but the switching annoyed me after some time and I put it away.
No one right minded would use a bike which actually cuts your walking speed by e.g. 50% or requires you to mount and dismount every few seconds.

Again: Mounts (with perma swiftness) for:
- more QoL
- more build diversity (no punishment for playing the specc you like and missing events because of it)
- more equity

(edited by Inexor.7804)

Mounts [merged]

runeblade.7514

So there are more options for games with mounts for you to play. Hop to it.

Visual clutter.
Clipping issues galore.
takes a drink

Does the other games have Charr, Kryta, Magumma, Elder Dragons, Guild Wars 2 in them? I don’t think they do.

• I haven’t seen Magic carpet clutter up Divinity’s Reach. Maybe something went wrong?
  • I don’t mind clipping. I don’t see why you should mind it. I am going to look at the butt of the mount anyways 90% of the time, not the legs.
  • Like minis? Okay.
  • +25% movement speed won’t break balance. Just wear a Traveler runes or a speed signet. They can also disable it in WvW.
  • Tab-target or wait till the other friendly player gets kicked off their mount when they go into combat or until they leave.
  • Lol what crap.
  • 800 gems to buy one isn’t a waste of time.
  • Eats a food

Mounts [merged]

runeblade.7514

Visual clutter.
Subjective, invalid.

Clipping issues galore.
Subjective, invalid.

Invalid.

Invalid.

Invalid.

Invalid.

Magic carpet is already in the game, why haven’t you upgraded to a new rig yet?

Mounts [merged]

runeblade.7514

No, close, but no. See I don’t want them, and I don’t ever want to see them in game. I could give a crap about other people having them, as long as I can disable ever seeing them, and as long as it gives absolutely no in game benefit whatsoever. I say fill the cash shop with enormous, ridiculous mounts and charge $50 worth of gems a piece for them. Just make sure you add a graphic option to disable ever seeing them, and we’re all good.

Looks like I am spot on correct.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Looks like I am spot on correct.

No, I just told you. You said people against the idea didn’t want anyone to have them. I was showing you that, at least in my case, I could care less if you have them as long as I’m not forced to put up with seeing your monuments to bad taste. And as long as they are purely cosmetic like the existing mounts, that’s a big one.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Toggleable visibility, automatic lowering details – already implemented and working in the game. Mentioned serveral times and ignored even more times.

According to your logic, perma swiftness in general makes waypoints redundant. And since every class can already achieve perma swiftness, with more or less effort, I guess we could completely take away all waypoints – since they should already be redundant and not taking away gold.
Ppl already miss events, because their favourite/current played class/specc may not be the fastet. Adding mounts would give players with slow traveling speed the possibility to keep up, bringing them more in line with fast traveling classes (in PvE, ooc).

These mounts in fact just slow you down, since you need to switch back to apply swiftness and then mount again.
I liked my tunneling tool, but the switching annoyed me after some time and I put it away.
No one right minded would use a bike which actually cuts your walking speed by e.g. 50% or requires you to mount and dismount every few seconds.

Again: Mounts (with perma swiftness) for:
- more QoL
- more build diversity (no punishment for playing the specc you like and missing events because of it)
- more equity

So with your own logic, if classes can have perma swiftness with little effort, why do we need mounts?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Mounts [merged]

Qugi.2653

I think it is funny to watch people make arguments about mounts. Mounts are not some new idea. I think arena net already know about the idea of mounts. If they want to add them at some time they will if they don’t want to have them they will not. All this argument seems like a waste of time to me. Some people just want to think they win the argument though I guess.

;)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Arcanaut.4158

Arcanaut.4158

Cmon Anet just put a Mount in Gem Store. Maybe a white Horse and a Black Turtle?

Mounts [merged]

Qugi.2653

Cmon Anet just put a Mount in Gem Store. Maybe a white Horse and a Black Turtle?

There is mounts in gem store. The broom and the carpet. If you want more mounts then people should buy them more to show arena net they want them. I don’t see many people use broom or carpet though. So maybe people do not really want gem store mounts. Who is to know?

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Here is WoW newest instore mount. Isn’t it lovely? Don’t you wish you could be playing and have large numbers of people riding around on this and other comparable gemstore offerings?

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mounts [merged]

Qugi.2653

Many players on that mount in a map would maybe cause performance problem because extra graphics. If there is a place to hide all mount in settings then let people ride that mount. Then we don’t see it and it is not a problem for performance. But then maybe people cry about not having other people see their elite mount.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)