Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

I saw a thread requesting dueling again recently. So here’s my idea, how about we introduce both dueling and mounts but we introduce them together in the form of jousting. Now, admittedly, this proposal is likely something that neither camp actually wants, but on the other hand, what they’re asking for is something that I don’t want either. So let’s compromise and give everybody something they don’t want. On the upside, it might stop these threads for like a week? Or is that too hopeful?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Ride a Charr for mount.

lold, ride your kitty friend player..

There was actually a web page mmo where people could mount other people back for transport….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

You WoW fanboys should be glad that you don’t have mounts. THEY WILL kittenING EAT YOU! If you pay attention to those mounted dudes, when you get them down to about 50% health the mount forcefully removes the rider and he kittening eats him! The remaining HP is for the mount itself. Actually, on second thought. ArenaNet, give the WoW fanboys those mounts so that they get eaten. Then prevent them from ever respawning and their character being unable to be logged in to ever again.

THIS CAN BE THE EQUIVALENT OF THE DHUUM BAN FROM GW! Make this happen if you can ArenaNet

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Mounts as tools, from Guild specializations :| for pve and wvw???

Helis, vehicles, charr panzers, airships….new class/specializations with possible mount…

….it it not that the game needs mount, becouse it doesnt need them but IF would turn into a factor of funnier mechanics and new stuff why not???

It all depends how they are used….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Necrid Horsemen from GW1 were also mounted. This isn’t that new tbh

That being said this just amuses me even more because of all the threads on the forums begging for mounts. No mounts for players, folks.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

I going to ride my magic carpet that I got for 62 gems everywhere.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

There were mounted mobs as far back as prophecies. It isn’t that they can’t give us mounts. It’s that there’s no good reason to do so from a gameplay perspective.

You’ll note that the current mounts we have like the broom stick and magic carpet are all extremely light on animation. See, animation takes time, and that time costs money. It’s a better investment to task those animators with animating stuff that’s actually important to the core play experience, like skills and enemies, than it is to animate a glorified swiftness boon.

Additionally, for mounts to be a value addition to your game, it means your game needs to have vast expanses to travel that would be boring or tedious to travel on foot. e.g. empty map space. This is important for some types of games where tracking resources or cutting off enemy respawn locations is key, but GW2’s only game type where that would even be relevant is WvW, and they don’t want to make it easier to cut travel time there in the first place because the map sizes and siege ranges are all based around foot travel time, so they’d have to design new wvw maps just to accomodate the mounts.

Until we have some sort of expansion where mounts are a central game play mechanic (like the junundu worms) don’t expect them to exist because it’s a lot of effort for very little payoff. That said, rest assured that if they run out of other ideas, you’ll see a “plains of the grass dragon” or whatever expansion so they can add mount masteries and sell mount skins in the gem store and say “this is a feature our players asked for” and it’ll be a lot more involved than just a run buff.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Another mounts thread? ~elbows on desk, head in hands~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Guys….we will never get mounts with permanent swiftness. Get it on your head.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Not anet trolling at the finest

you guys trolling at the finest by bombing the forum over and over again with new mount threads

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You get to fly and they don’t.

But there are a ton of enemies that can fly, just not that specific one.

If you actually read it, the opening post only talked about that one mob and my response was referring to only that one mob. Obviously winged mobs can fly, but the OP was talking about one mob and one mob only, and that mob can’t fly. It can’t fly, but we can and flying is better than riding around on a mount, able to get to far more places and not getting dismounted with every attack.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I just want a horse and a spear to wield

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

I’m all for mounts. Absolutely would love a horse, maybe a Human mount. The Charr have some amazing vehicles, just need a little scaling down. The Norn could have Dolyaks or other hulking beasts. Some awesome mounts could be made from Asura tech and plant creatures for Sylvari themed mounts. Also, maybe things like jetpacks, hoverboards and steambeasts.

I wouldn’t like to see them exclusively race specific, rather just a few race themed and some general. I wouldn’t even be bothered if they had no speed benefits or only worked out of combat. Maybe keep them out of capital cities though.

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

(edited by Titan Cronus.9216)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I do not want mounts.

1. They leave dirt everywhere. Imagine going to the bank and smelling all that **** combined from horses, dolyaks, and other beasts.

2. They require time to cast and take space in bags.

3. They will cost gems or gold. You will be tempted to buy them all, even though you will use only one at a time.

4. There are waypoints all over the game. I can’t see a practical reason for mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A dire giraffe for my ranger would be cool. I wouldn’t want a speed buff, a speed debuff would be fine so long as I could ride a dire giraffe.

Note that a plain ordinary, non dire, giraffe would be insufficient.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

Nope.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

God i miss farming greens.

Really? I don’t. I hated that endless, “Fight through mobs, discover the one you want didn’t spawn, groan, port back to Deldrimor War Camp” grind.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: bplayz.1957

bplayz.1957

I’m just glad Rytlock came.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Can the mobs waypoint? No? Can we still waypoint? Yes. No troll done by A-net & still no need for mounts. K.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You don’t need mounts with the amount of waypoints there are in this game.

Seems to be just a desire based on people having had them in previous games they’ve played.

A-net could make some money if they introduced them into the gem shop though.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

Just as it should be.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Cosmetic mounts we for which we have 3

Magic Carpet, Witch’s Broom, and Drill

There is no difference from moving 33% faster with swiftness and 33% faster with a reskinned mount model. Mounts for every game are nothing but cosmetic editions. In this case it truly boggles the mind why we lack Mounts as this is a F2P game so there won’t be any grind for eternity then kill some uber boss 50times to collect said mount type of deal. In the F2P model its give Anet the equivalent cost to create this mount in cash and you get it. F2P mounts range from 5-$30 depending on game and the time needed to create and design. This is a F2P with mounts as a cash shop item?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Jormag/shatterer/tequatl/all the kitten dragons fly and we cant

Mounts [merged]

Zaron.1987

Jormag/shatterer/tequatl/all the kitten dragons fly and we cant

what a cruel (mmo) world Q.Q

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

When it get’s low on health, it bucks off it’s rider and savagely devours them. Still want the mount?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What will happen when ANet implements the modrem T-rex mount that the Modrem Cavalier rode on.

• People will buy it.
  • No threads that hates the Modrem T-rex will appear.

I haven’t seen any magic-carpet hate at all.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Mounts [merged]

Zaron.1987

When it get’s low on health, it bucks off it’s rider and savagely devours them. Still want the mount?

yes cause its a mount!

you know the monty python spam song?

just replace spam with mount and you will understand the mount hype..or not

btw other topics are merged very soon but this is still alive o.O

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Cosmetic mounts we for which we have 3

Magic Carpet, Witch’s Broom, and Drill

There is no difference from moving 33% faster with swiftness and 33% faster with a reskinned mount model.

One requires someone to equip and use that swiftness skill. Other doesn’t. Swiftness by the way of a mount becomes then a buff you’d be stupid trying to get any other way. And then we end up with everyone needing the mounts, because they’d become baseline.
So i’d have to say a definite NO to any ideas of mounts with buffs.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Yes Mount$$$$$$$$$$$

They don’t need speed buff, let them move like normal character movement (like magic carpet and broom) but we need mount$$$$$$$$$$$$ (let it be cosmetic only)

My feet hurts from all this walking.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Jimmito.1586

Jimmito.1586

Mounts should be like getting a legendary, it helps both the player and makes Anet money. It helps anet make money in regards to ppl buying gems cause chances are ppl will sell them for a few thousand gold, so ppl will buy gems convert to gold then buy the mounts. However id farm the gold haha And if you wanna make your mount faster just use a utility that buff. But they should be only cosmetic

(edited by Jimmito.1586)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ghost Wolf.3479

Ghost Wolf.3479

I don’t know if this is a topic in the forum already, but I want to create enough buzz to get Anet’s attention. Every MMO these days has some type of mount. Why doesn’t Guild Wars 2? I just don’t see the reasoning why we can’t ride/fly around on cool mounts. It’s so much fun and is something I find highly enjoyable earning in game. I feel this is a huge revenue opportunity as well as a better experience for players. Is it possible we could ever see mounts in Guild Wars 2 in the near future?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

It’s not a new subject. And as per usual, I shall reply with the standard “Why?” question. With the way the world is populated with Waypoints in every nook and cranny, barely a stone toss away from one another, why do we need mounts? A mount would obviously be considered necessary to speed up the player, right? If not, then you have two mounts already in the game, a flying broomstick and -carpet. But if it needs to speed up the player, you completely negate the effect of one of our Boons, Swiftness, and stats through Utility/Traits/Runes providing Movement Speed. So again, why? Can’t you collect skins as-is? Or perhaps Miniatures (though since they are not possible to completely collect, I don’t see why anyone would bother themselves with collecting them). You could collect the Mail carriers. Finishers. There’s plenty of things to collect besides a mount. A mount which honestly feels very out of place and unnecessary when there are so many Waypoints.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ghost Wolf.3479

Ghost Wolf.3479

That’s like saying why do you need legendary’s. It’s something cosmetic that, as many other mmorpgs’ have proved, players like to spend time and money collecting/riding. It’s not a question of why, it’s a question of when. When will Anet realize the potential cash cow in offering players the ability to ride mounts and decide to give the players what they want?

I see and recognize the concern of rendering swiftness useless, so make it a small buff in speed or simply no speed buff, it can be just cosmetic. I’ll say this once, having way points every 10 feet does not take the joy I get out of riding around on a mythical creature. The purpose of mounts is that you spend a lot of time running around in mmorpgs’ and having something stylish to run around on makes a rather mundane and otherwise boring task exciting and enjoyable.

In the instance of offering up alternative “collectibles”, it’s not the act of collecting that I enjoy about mounts, it’s the act of riding around on something I find cool that makes my avatars feel more epic.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I don’t know if this is a topic in the forum already…

oh you poor poor thing…..I hope you brought a suite of your strongest armor for this. Meanwhile, I’ll go dig up the horse so we can start beating it again…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

It’s not a new subject. And as per usual, I shall reply with the standard “Why?” question. With the way the world is populated with Waypoints in every nook and cranny, barely a stone toss away from one another, why do we need mounts? A mount would obviously be considered necessary to speed up the player, right? If not, then you have two mounts already in the game, a flying broomstick and -carpet. But if it needs to speed up the player, you completely negate the effect of one of our Boons, Swiftness, and stats through Utility/Traits/Runes providing Movement Speed. So again, why? Can’t you collect skins as-is? Or perhaps Miniatures (though since they are not possible to completely collect, I don’t see why anyone would bother themselves with collecting them). You could collect the Mail carriers. Finishers. There’s plenty of things to collect besides a mount. A mount which honestly feels very out of place and unnecessary when there are so many Waypoints.

If you just stopped and thought about for a second before you posted this you’d know that obvious answer would be “Why not?”.
We have wings for backpacks yet we cannot fly so… Why? Again, the answer is the same. And it’s cool and fun and people love wings. In the same fashion, some people love mounts and they can be cool and fun. On top of it all they can bring potential monetary gain for Anet.

Saying that mounts negate current game mechanics is silly. It’s like saying that Waypoints negate teleporting skills and boons and swiftness etc.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

You can read all the for and against posts here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mounts-merged

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

There are mounts in the game, there’s a witches broom and a magic carpet in the gem store. In 3 years this is all they have added. They must not have made a lot.of.money from them, and they must be crap.as I’ve seen a total of 3 people.on carpets and 1 on a broom. Also the maps are too small for mounts, and ANet want you running around the maps getting involved in events. That’s why way points have a cost, o make you not want to waypoint you way every where,.so you will run a bit.

Mounts would add nothing to the game. Other than strain to peoples PC’s. And work I’d rather them spend on making playable content.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

No, the obvious answer is not “Why not?” to me.

Wings as backpacks are cosmetics, they bring nothing to the table in terms of gameplay. As you say yourself, we don’t magically gain the ability to fly by using cosmetical wings on our backs. A mount, if it’s not necessary to bring movement speed with their implementation, and that they are purely there as a cosmetic gimmick, well, then they already exist in the Riding Broom (or technically the original, the Enchanted Broom) and Magic Carpet. I’m sure more variations of these kinds of gizmos will be introduced over time. Who knows, maybe they can add a unicorn or a ground hovering bat without them actually increasing your speed. Nothing wrong with that. I’m all for it.

Consider that the footsteps of a Legendary can be something to make you feel “epic” as you travel around too, Ghost Wolf. E.g., like those of Eternity. Or use a tonic and turn into a moose. Be your own mount.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

There is mount coming @ HoT expansion, it’s called glider. Poor man’s flying mount but still a mount nevertheless ;P
It even has the proper old school gating to access it ala attunement, called masteries. Access Glider fill 1 bar, Ride Updraft upgrade fill another bar
It’s like attuning to faction to access 60%speed mount and 100%speed mount alike :P
Too bad it’s limited to HoT maps only.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

If you want mounts play wow. Gw2 shall stay mount free!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ckotoc.5421

ckotoc.5421

They cant.This game is not designed for mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

The duel thread, the mounts thread, I wait now for the capes thread.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

I actually think that mounts will be added in a similar manner that gliders will be added. As a Mastery that can only be used in certain areas of the game.
Maybe when we start to fight Kralkatorrik we’ll have the option to ride mounts through a Crystal Desert with very few waypoints.
Maybe they’ll add one mode of transportation for each of the Elder Dragons / each expansion. Gliders for Mordremoth, Mounts for Kralkatorrik, something that makes you move faster underwater for Bubbles, for Jormag uhm… I don’t know, Jetpacks maybe? I’m running out of ideas, but I think you get what I’m trying to say…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The answer to this is not “why should GW2 have mounts” or “gw2 should not have mounts”.

The answer to this is:

GW2 already has mounts.

There’s two kinds to boot:

• Travel items are cosmetic mounts. They just change how you look when running around without speed boosts.
  • And then there’s combat mounts like siege golems, the mecha sieve devourer in the edge of the mist and silverwastes, and the buggy in the desert borderlands.

You want mounts that will give you speed boosts and can be used anywhere? Not gonna happen. They will be either just a replacement for your movement skills out of combat, or a transformation that gives you different skills for a specific purpose in a specific area, so they can control what you can do with it.

At most, travel items could be put in the wardrobe and when a checkbox is checked, the selected travel would automatically replace your movement animations while out of combat when your weapons are stowed away or a key is pressed to toggle the selected mounts, so you don’t have to constantly open the inventory and use an item to put them out.

“But… but… I want a horse!”

No. There’s no more horses. Charr ate them all.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

“But… but… I want a horse!”

No. There’s no more horses. Charr ate them all.

Well with the amount of Mount threads there is, the number of dead horse beating can result to a lower number of horses too. As dead will decay after a while there would be a need for new dead horses atleast for every other mount thread that gets posted.

And as for the topic I have allready posted my opinion in the merged thread enough of times.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I will say no.Anet are not very good in dealing with clipping.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: BeckaPL.2670

BeckaPL.2670

I feel like they should start making merged topics stay on the front page in their own section so that people don’t keep starting new threads for them

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I don’t know if this is a topic in the forum already, but I want to create enough buzz to get Anet’s attention. Every MMO these days has some type of mount. Why doesn’t Guild Wars 2? I just don’t see the reasoning why we can’t ride/fly around on cool mounts. It’s so much fun and is something I find highly enjoyable earning in game. I feel this is a huge revenue opportunity as well as a better experience for players. Is it possible we could ever see mounts in Guild Wars 2 in the near future?

1. This question has been asked and debated since release. So yes and it was so several times.
2. Because mounts have no need if you can waypoint all over the maps (short version)
3. No. At least not in the traditional way. There are (as mentioned) some toys that have a mount character, but other than that, there won`t be any mounts in the future. They don`t offer any speedboost though.
HoT however will introduce gliding into the game as a new ability.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Please don’t feed the troll.

Taking one of the most toxic recurring ideas, feigning ignorance and having a complete lack of at least trying to see if this topic has been brought up…. can’t go more troll mode even if you wanted to.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

GW2 is not designed for mounts. The game already culls minis in areas with a high population. So would you rather look stupid riding an invisible mount, or be dropped in the dirt if the thing actually goes away?
Also, they would add to visual clutter in areas where players congregate. You wouldn’t even be able to see bank tellers or other vendors, for the idiots who refuse to put away their mounts in cities or outposts.