Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

That poor dead horse. People just won’t leave it be.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

Well, people said that we would never see an expansion or healers, among other things. Remember, some of the Mordrem ride mounts so…….

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: wiffinberg.6451

wiffinberg.6451

Well, people said that we would never see an expansion or healers, among other things. Remember, some of the Mordrem ride mounts so…….

So we do have mounts, just not for the players :P

Eh we already have minis, adding a ridable collectable thing wouldn’t be bad at all.
Could possibly have a small boost in speed (pve only of course) but we really don’t need the speed boost with all of the swiftness etc. we have already

I’m all for it if its cosmetic and PVE/non-combat based. E.g if you get attacked, you suffer a stun for 1/2 sec because you just fell off your mount

Dead horse, but fun to keep hitting

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Just going to leave this right here:

Attachments:

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Merged with extremely long Mounts thread in 3…..2….1…..

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s your mount. (See post 2 above.)

Good luck.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

This op comes up with the strangest ideas and complaints in their threads its unreal.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

I don’t see the point or need for mounts in GW2.

norn warrior

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Just going to leave this right here:

Don’t forget this one.

Attachments:

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Recently found this one.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Almost all MMO nowadays have mounts, i wish guild wars 2 will let us have playable mount, but I want it to be hard to get, for example, it should require at lesast twice amount of resource to craft than a legendary weapon, and you have to have achievement above 10K! Cant wait for mount and make it hard to get!

We have them, see this post.

We already have some mounts….

Magic Carpet, Riding Broom, Sonic Tunneling and what ever else, unless you want something to ride that boosts movement speed and other stats?

I’m all for what we already have, anything that gives extra stats though I’m against it personally.

The fact we do not have more means they do not sell well.

Also there are speed boost traits, weapon’s that give speed boosts, and they would be just as easy to use, as it would be to open inventory, click on mount item, close.

There is just no point to it at all.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

A mount usually gives a speed boost of 60-100% which is much more than the boosts. Also, here are areas where running on foot is just silly and takes long like in areas where WPs are often contested or WvW.

Also, after playing like 100 other games (Witcher, Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, Heroes of the Storm etc.) I came back to GW2 and constantly want to summon my horse/car/sparrow etc., be cause it feels so natural to have them in such games.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

A mount usually gives a speed boost of 60-100% which is much more than the boosts. Also, here are areas where running on foot is just silly and takes long like in areas where WPs are often contested or WvW.

Also, after playing like 100 other games (Witcher, Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, Heroes of the Storm etc.) I came back to GW2 and constantly want to summon my horse/car/sparrow etc., be cause it feels so natural to have them in such games.

The areas are designed taking into account the speed at which you can travel. If they introduced more speed boosts, it would result in the areas being designed to take the same amount of time as it otherwise would if you have the speed boosts, but even longer without them.

While it would seem nice in areas that were already designed without such speed boosts in mind, in any new content it would just result in more empty space that makes travel on foot take even longer, and using a mount take the same time as if it were simply designed without mounts, but possessing the same annoyances as WoW’s mounts have, the main one being the constant remounting breaking the flow of the game every time you want to do something, and the boring travel in which you just press straight forward rather than actively using your abilities.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I want cosmetic mount$$$$$$$$$$. Don’t care for movement speed or not, My Guardian character is tired of walking.

Did you buy riding broom and carpet then? Those cosmetic mount. If arena net will sell more cosmetic mount people need to buy one already there to show they want. I almost do not see ever people use the cosmetic mount arena net already sell. Maybe demand is not as much as people think.

No they were ugly, so you are telling me that you wont buy a mordremoth dragon to ride on? Its a plain and simple lie :P

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I want cosmetic mount$$$$$$$$$$. Don’t care for movement speed or not, My Guardian character is tired of walking.

Did you buy riding broom and carpet then? Those cosmetic mount. If arena net will sell more cosmetic mount people need to buy one already there to show they want. I almost do not see ever people use the cosmetic mount arena net already sell. Maybe demand is not as much as people think.

No they were ugly, so you are telling me that you wont buy a mordremoth dragon to ride on? Its a plain and simple lie :P

No cause this mordremoth dragon as a mount would look ugly so i am telling to you that i dont would ride on it O.o

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ThePlague.5426

ThePlague.5426

I’m with you on this one.

The current mounts are pretty boring and even though I own all of them I never want to use them as I don’t fancy looking like Alladin, a witch from the Wizard of Oz or Shredder from the Ninja Turtles.

If they had things that looked more appealing then I’m sure more people would be interested in spending money on them

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Didn’t read the whole thread, but for God’s Sake do not add mounts to this game.

Do not add anything other mmo players want ( More Stats like ascended equipment, character progression like the old trait system, etc ).

If somebody log-in and can’t have fun unless he farms, it’s a bad habit of him ( if more mmo addicted ppl came from others mmo cause expansion or f2p, just don’t listen em and give em time to detoxify or return their old games ).

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: StickAndMove.6419

StickAndMove.6419

We’re going from having only a WoW-style targeting system to an FPS, Elder Scrolls Online-type option as well.

We’ve gone from no dedicated support roles to two (?) great ones (does revenant count?)

The core game has gone free-to-play.

Raid content is at long last being introduced.

ArenaNet has demonstrated that they are open to drastic changes for the betterment of the company and the playerbase. Mounts, in my opinion, stand to benefit both.

Let’s keep playing and see what happens!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I would not. I do not like mount at all. To much screen noise and never really see a mount in any game I like. Also GW2 can not even show all mini in map if many player on map. Imagine now mess everyone on map ride a dragon, horse, giant cat or what ever would make and cause more performance problem than already are.

I am not going to argue in this thread any more. There are many reason people want mount and many reason people do not want mount. This is argument beat to death like that horse picture. Arena net know some people want mount and know some people do not. This argument going on for ever. I am sure arena net will chose what way they think best and argue all time about same thing over and over not going to change that. All this I want, I do not want say same argument for years waste of time. Argument will probably still be here people say same thing over and over by time next expansion release.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: SelenaDread.2814

SelenaDread.2814

Mounts would be fun as hell and could make a killing for them on the Black Lion Trading.

I forsee mounts.

We’re going from having only a WoW-style targeting system to an FPS, Elder Scrolls Online-type option as well.

We’ve gone from no dedicated support roles to two (?) great ones (does revenant count?)

The core game has gone free-to-play.

Raid content is at long last being introduced.

ArenaNet has demonstrated that they are open to drastic changes for the betterment of the company and the playerbase. Mounts, in my opinion, stand to benefit both.

Let’s keep playing and see what happens!

O.o At least 2 year old account on you both and still does not realize the existence of mounts in the BLT.

dead horse is dead…..

I assume nothing visible is left of the horse and you are now beating the floor.

(edited by SelenaDread.2814)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

If they ever do add mounts they better not ramp up mob speed or reduce passive speed buffs since it would miss the point behind mounts to begin with. As for purely cosmetic mounts like the witch broom I think we need more of those certainly…like a land shark! :D

Also, zombie horse mount ^_^

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Unfathomed.8140

Unfathomed.8140

Hmm… How about a mini-game including mounts? Or, more specifically, a racing mini-game, where we’re driving the charr’s war machines (the smaller ones, they look like cars from Mad Max, don’t you think?) while trying to “destroy” our opponents (similarly to Sanctum Sprint maybe? But with more deadly and combat-themed skills?).
That’s how I would like to see mounts and none other way really

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Here’s the new mount for the DragonHunter. All he needs is a bridle and saddle, and maybe a little training to smooth out the rough spots.

Picture: DragonHunters and friends breaking in the new DragonHunter mount, getting him ready for the saddle.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

I want my asura to be able to mount norns lol, that vould be fun xD
Joking aside, mounts with no movespeed increase would be nice.

Mounts [merged]

Agemnon.4608

Hmm… How about a mini-game including mounts? Or, more specifically, a racing mini-game, where we’re driving the charr’s war machines (the smaller ones, they look like cars from Mad Max, don’t you think?) while trying to “destroy” our opponents (similarly to Sanctum Sprint maybe? But with more deadly and combat-themed skills?).
That’s how I would like to see mounts and none other way really

Twisted Metal like mini game?! Dude that’s the best idea I’ve heard here yet!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: sneaaak.2684

sneaaak.2684

we need mounts in game

The game is bad without mounts :/

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

We now have glider thingies. That’s sort of like mounts. Right?

It’s about time we got to ride those Centaurs.

Me: “why can’t you go faster, you stupid centaur?”

Centaur: snorts “Maybe if you weren’t such a burden, two legs”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Latest Guild Chat points out that the mounted Mordrem Flameriders are a singular creature and not a Mordrem riding a mount.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Latest Guild Chat points out that the mounted Mordrem Flameriders are a singular creature and not a Mordrem riding a mount.

So are all the new “Mounted” enemies, they are just like the skeleton horseman in GW1. They arent riding mounts, they are a single merged being, it just /looks/ like they are on mounts.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

We don’t need mounts we have..

Swiftness, SuperSpeed, Traits, Skills, Runes, Food, Gliders, Mushrooms, and more or less way to much twisting and bending and clutter in this game just to replace the concept of a mount.

Cut the clutter and add mounts and I forgot to mention tyria in city masteries for town speed. They can cut mount clutter the same way they cut mini clutter when too many people are on the map they either go invisible or you simply can no longer see everyone elses mount.

Add in mounts remove the Traits, Weapons, Skills, Runes, Shrooms, and so forth and make each of those items worth using cause to many people kitten there builds just for the sake of 25%-33% movement speed.

It’s actually disturbing the extent people go to for speed and yes add it to wvw end the trend of constant swiftness and mesmers carrying focus or guardians with there staffs just to get the Zerg from point A to Point B.

You only see mesmers roaming because they all have travelers runes, traited(Chrono), Signet, Focus, and teleports. With mounts things will be balanced out even if the new maps aren’t that great for roaming. In PvP I make it the cap first because I am a mesmer and can cap faster than any other class do to my speed. no mounts in PvP but movement should probably be normalized a bit.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: sneaaak.2684

sneaaak.2684

We need mounts <3

I wait …. T-T

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Andylink.7248

Andylink.7248

Never actually heard why there cant be mounts. Theres NPC MOUNTS, but no player mounts? Im not talking about skipping all the content and flying to lv 80 zones and grinding all vistas with my mount, but just something I can ride thats cool. This is fashion wars, but theres no mounts?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

There’s a broom, a flying carpet, and an underground tunneling tool.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Mounts? You can pretty much teleport then walk for like 10 seconds to anywhere on the map at any one time from anyplace on the map. I mean i would rather the development time be put into balancing specs 2bh…..

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Mounts? You can pretty much teleport then walk for like 10 seconds to anywhere on the map at any one time from anyplace on the map. I mean i would rather the development time be put into balancing specs 2bh…..

Pretty much this. Waypoints replace mounts, even on the new maps there are plenty of waypoints and walking is fairly short in my opinion of course!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

;)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If they add mounts, they need to add realisism where you need to pay for a stable, vet care, food and water. Be a good gold sink or tradeable with other players. Don’t want to gather food for your mount? Pay for it or log in one day and it’s dead.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mounts [merged]

Agemnon.4608

There are no mounts because the game isn’t designed for it. We have waypoints and gliding is good enough at least for the new maps. Maybe in the next expansion we’ll go to the Woodland Cascades and have horses? Maybe even a centaur mount.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

There are mounts. I listed several above.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Never actually heard why there cant be mounts. Theres NPC MOUNTS, but no player mounts? Im not talking about skipping all the content and flying to lv 80 zones and grinding all vistas with my mount, but just something I can ride thats cool. This is fashion wars, but theres no mounts?

Too much clipping issues with capes, they said.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Mounts [merged]

Agemnon.4608

If they add mounts, they need to add realisism where you need to pay for a stable, vet care, food and water. Be a good gold sink or tradeable with other players. Don’t want to gather food for your mount? Pay for it or log in one day and it’s dead.

Instead of all that why not just have craftable fuel? For animal mounts cooking could cover it and movement will have an endurance bar. Once that runs out it gets fatigued, which wears on the mount’s endurance. If that second bar breaks then the mount is permanently broken or dead. So as long as it’s fed it won’t enter fatigue mode. Fatigue damage is permanent so the need to continuously fuel is obvious. Bar 1 depletes using fuel stores but the fatigue bar isn’t touched. You go a bit longer and bar 2 is halfway done then you refuel. You’ll still be halfwaay done fatigue but bar 2 won’t be touched so long as there’s fuel.

For mounts like a surfboard that wouldn’t logically need fuel they’d work like gliders with endurance until you have a mastery that enables unlimited travel.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Can I have a mount that doesn’t wear a cape? ;D

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

No, you can only have a mount that can also be used as a cape in theory.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Carpet

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

No, you can only have a mount that can also be used as a cape in theory.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Carpet

Wait.. so.. mounts are effectively capes?

(Now I’m imagining getting a horse mount and carrying it on my back. Wouldn’t that be a great conversation starter: “Say, is that a horse on your back….?”)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Especially while dueling.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Another merge coming!!!! Give it up!!! or please stick to the main mount thread.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

Oh look, it’s this topic again…

Attachments:

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

But you do have a mount.

It’s that dead horse you’re beating.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I want to PvE duel with my cape wearing mount!