Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I wish anet would just do it so people can stop requesting this feature… or constantly turning a topic about something else into a topic about mounts…

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’ll have to say – I’m hyped at the possibility of my golden winged charr finally being able to ride Gryphons.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Yeah, pretty much. And its not just turning into just another clone, mounts simply don’t FIT in this game from a mechanical stand point.

What mechanical points are you referring to? Waypoints?

Waypoints, the Swiftness buff (and all the skills, traits, masteries, consumables, and runes affected by said buff), Asura Gates, Nuchok Wallows, Thermal Propulsion, etc. ect. ect.

“But it’ll only be in the Xpack maps!” Yeah, they said that about gliding too.

Hate is Fuel.

Mounts [merged]

Sartharina.3542

Yeah, pretty much. And its not just turning into just another clone, mounts simply don’t FIT in this game from a mechanical stand point.

Waypoints, the Swiftness buff (and all the skills, traits, masteries, consumables, and runes affected by said buff), Asura Gates, Nuchok Wallows, Thermal Propulsion, etc. ect. ect.

Swiftness is a combat buff, and good for short out-of-combat sprints – still useful even when we do have mounts. Speed Boost mushrooms aren’t on every map. Wallows and Thermal Propulsion are for fast transit across maps far faster than even mounts could ever be. Asura gates are for inter-map travel, not intra-map travel. Waypoints have been lacking ever since Season 2.

The “Maintain 100% swiftness on something other than Daredevil or Druid” rotations are simply an annoyance to tolerate getting from Point A to Point B, and will not be missed.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Am I the only one that finds the possible addition of mounts to be concerning? (Okay, this is probably a rhetorical question.) I feel like homogenization is going to be the thing that kills GW2 by trying to appeal to players of other MMO’s. By trying to appeal to everyone you attract few to no people.

I mean, if I want mounts (I don’t) I’ll go play WoW or BDO. If I want open world PvP (I don’t) I’ll play LOTRO. There’s already a market for those things.

It’s why, for example, games trying to capitalize on the Call of Duty craze/demographic don’t do well or fail when they try to copy CoD and/or appeal to the people who play CoD. There’s already a game/series that does that. It’s called CoD and they’re going to go to that and stay with it rather than try something that’s trying to steal CoD’s thunder. :\

It’d be fine if they’re zone specific mounts, like the Junundu Wurms were in GW1. My fear is that, however, just like the gliders, people will demand them in core tyria

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

Waypoints: Games like ESO do have both waypoints and mounts, works great as it is. You already noticed that newer maps have fewer waypoints compared to vanilla maps. Silverwastes, HoT maps and Living World season 3 maps introduced different ways to travel around which refers to your last points:

Nuhoch Wallows, Thermal Tubes, Skritt Tunnels, Ley-Lines, Oakheart Essences. New types of transportation were used to replace many waypoints. And that’s exactly what mounts would do. Claiming that we don’t need mounts is just as claiming that we don’t need the systems listed above because we could use more waypoints instead. So why did we get them in the first place? It’s a decision that changed the design of the maps and added a lot to the “flow”- you probably don’t want to see a loading screen every 30 seconds as you travel through the map.

Mounts could be used everywhere, whereas Nuhoch don’t appear everywhere, you can’t find Skritt everywhere, Ley-Lines may not be available everywhere (referring to the lore of Guild Wars 2. So everytime they have to think of something new. Why should they spend resources on reinventing the wheel for every new maps instead of creating a universal system?

Not every profession has access to a signet that keeps up the speed buff constantly. And why would you want to spend a certain trait line, a skill slot or rune slot on speed buffs instead of useful things you could need in combat?

Another point is the introduction of Gliding in HoT. Gliding changed the way we could travel in Tyria massively. Did we need Gliding? We could play the game for a few years without it, but it made traveling more interesting, it added new possibilities in Jumping Puzzles or events, and gave us a completely different view of Tyria.
It would be likely to see a similar system in the next expansion as a main selling point. The mounts we’re getting will probably have certain features that could be fun in terms of gameplay. Additional to that, Arenanet could earn a lot by selling mount skins – just as they’re doing right now by selling glider skins.

No matter if one wants mounts or not, the next expansion will contain some anyways – in one way or another and I don’t expect them to scrap an entire system now that they already spend months developing. I’d suggest everyone to wait for the xpac, try them out and provide feedback afterwards. Maybe you’ll like it, maybe you won’t.

(edited by Tekey.7946)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Mounts can benefit this game only if they are implemented with mount specific combat. That may be interesting and have some potential. But to having mounts as fancy visual buffs to movespeed as they are in all generic MMOs after WoW I say “no thanks”. They do not benefit the gameplay in any way, and old maps will feel smaller than they really are because of the overpowered mount speed.
As for the flying mounts, we have gliders, that are much more fun to use than WoW-ish “floating baloon” mounts.

Nuhoch Wallows, Thermal Tubes, Skritt Tunnels, Ley-Lines, Oakheart Essences. New types of transportation were used to replace many waypoints. And that’s exactly what mounts would do. Claiming that we don’t need mounts is just as claiming that we don’t need the systems listed above because we could use more waypoints instead.

Well, no. Because mounts are just a +% of movespeed with none new interesting mechanics. Masteries and glider on the other hand give the player access to unique mechanics. Gliders and oakheart essence can take the player to places he could never access on foot and create combat situations like fight with Mordemoth. Mounts are just running with extra speed buff. Nothing new, nothing exiting, just a fancy model to stick between your legs. Unless, of course, these mounts come with some new mechanics, like mount combat or ability to jump across chasms.

(edited by Ider.1276)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Sometimes, I wish there were mounts in the game so people would shut the kitten up about them.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Mounts can benefit this game only if they are implemented with mount specific combat. That may be interesting and have some potential. But to having mounts as fancy visual buffs to movespeed as they are in all generic MMOs after WoW I say “no thanks”. They do not benefit the gameplay in any way, and old maps will feel smaller than they really are because of the overpowered mount speed.
As for the flying mounts, we have gliders, that are much more fun to use than WoW-ish “floating baloon” mounts.

Nuhoch Wallows, Thermal Tubes, Skritt Tunnels, Ley-Lines, Oakheart Essences. New types of transportation were used to replace many waypoints. And that’s exactly what mounts would do. Claiming that we don’t need mounts is just as claiming that we don’t need the systems listed above because we could use more waypoints instead.

Well, no. Because mounts are just a +% of movespeed with none new interesting mechanics. Masteries and glider on the other hand give the player access to unique mechanics. Gliders and oakheart essence can take the player to places he could never access on foot and create combat situations like fight with Mordemoth. Mounts are just running with extra speed buff. Nothing new, nothing exiting, just a fancy model to stick between your legs. Unless, of course, these mounts come with some new mechanics, like mount combat or ability to jump across chasms.

I don’t know about combat, but the mounts previewed a couple of weeks ago had new game mechanics. Each mount could do something different. The features were unlocked through the Mastery system (a Mastery for each mount).

Whether the mounts end up that way at release, or not, is something we will have to wait and see.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

I vote for adding mounts but only as exclusive Gem store items, which you can buy for a comepletely new currency obtainable only with real money. Because fashion wars hamsters should suffer. And fashion wars is the only reason ppl cry for mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I disagree. Also this:

That’s a new gif, adding to my collection.

I would be happy if our travel “toys” would be affected by effects that increase movement speed. I don’t want a “mount” movement boost but it doesn’t encourage them if using one means I’m stuck at base movement speed.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

I hope we get them in core Tyria. The arguments that they doesn’t fit in is simply invalid.
Dwarfs in gw1 rode Dolyaks and Mordrem guards in gw2 ride a freaking firebreathing T-rex. So gw2 already have mount mechanics in place.

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Yes, there will almost certainly be mounts in the next expansion.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

I vote for adding mounts but only as exclusive Gem store items, which you can buy for a comepletely new currency obtainable only with real money. Because fashion wars hamsters should suffer. And fashion wars is the only reason ppl cry for mounts.

Yup, just more visual clutter trash not needed and Anet does have a thing for creating flashy visual trash.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know if the leaks are real or not real, but I’d welcome mounts in the game. I’ve been pro mount for years, mostly because I see it as yet another way to customize my character, just as I see mini-pets, mail carriers and finishers.

I don’t really love the idea of raiding but I do love the idea of collecting, including collecting skins. I collect ranger pets. And I’d collect mounts as well.

Something else I can collect for my characters? I’m all in.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

mounts arent always generic movement speed buffs.

a good mount changes the way you interact with the game world, giving you new, hopefully pleasurable experience.

this, is as i said, IF they are good mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

a good mount changes the way you interact with the game world, giving you new, hopefully pleasurable experience.

What game have done that mate?
I cant think of one were they arent just a speed buff.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

It all honestly depends on what they are aiming for. If they are more complex than just an out of combat speed buff and if they integrate well with the new maps and there’s good lore justification to keep them confined to the new maps then I’d be OK with them.

If they just function as a fancy out of combat speed buff in pre-xpac3-content I’d request they are no faster than normal speed buffs (eg. the Thief one), function like them too (get hit by mob and be slowed down, etc etc) and that there be an option to not show your own mount, or other people’s mounts (and/or both, of course).

Either of the above would work for me. Having a decent runspeed on my Guardian without having to Retreat! all the time would be pretty great honestly.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Am I the only one that finds the possible addition of mounts to be concerning? (Okay, this is probably a rhetorical question.) I feel like homogenization is going to be the thing that kills GW2 by trying to appeal to players of other MMO’s. By trying to appeal to everyone you attract few to no people.

I mean, if I want mounts (I don’t) I’ll go play WoW or BDO. If I want open world PvP (I don’t) I’ll play LOTRO. There’s already a market for those things.

It’s why, for example, games trying to capitalize on the Call of Duty craze/demographic don’t do well or fail when they try to copy CoD and/or appeal to the people who play CoD. There’s already a game/series that does that. It’s called CoD and they’re going to go to that and stay with it rather than try something that’s trying to steal CoD’s thunder. :\

I haven’t played WoW in a few years, but mounts over there have always been nothing more than cosmetic speed boosts with flight capability (sometimes). The closest thing we have in GW2 are the gliders linked to the mastery system. However, while both are game-changers, they don’t feel in any way similar.

If the leaks turn out to be true, mounts in GW2 will bare as little resemblance to mounts in WoW as gliders did. Mounts will gain skills via the mastery system the same way gliders did in HoT. These are not going to be cosmetic movement speed boosts. Different types of mounts will have different combat and mobility options available to them that will change the way players move around, not simply increase their movement speed.

I would tend to agree that GW2 has no need for WoW-style mounts, but I’m excited to see the mount system indicated in the leaks. I think it will be a lot of fun, just like gliders are in HoT.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

lmao expect mounts tied to grindy masteries and more timegated PVE.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

In before complaints about mounts on the gemstore and cash shop.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

If the leaks are real, then yes, we will have mounts in the next expansion.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Having mounts in this game would definitely be a good idea!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mounts-merged/4547361

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

FFXIV chocobos, can fight along side you, have different skills depending how you raise them, can participate in races, and eventually access new areas with flight

black desert, have a variety of skills for CC, unique player skills while using a mount, races, access to jumping, and depending on how they are raised, can turbo/ drift. They have certain real builds that people need certain mounts to pull off. the movement controls are different with acceleration/brake/turns as opposed to wasd run.

RO knight gets access to mount giving it new skills and abilities.

Wildstar hoverboards, which add double jump, sprint and ramping functionality.

GTA IV, access to cars, helicopters, bikes etc.

and about some leaks.

I mean some times its just a speed boost, but thats up to the developer, many games have given them new functionality/control schemes/ abilities. And i have it on good authority that their mounts will not be a vanilla speed boost. How good they actually be who knows, but i wouldnt assume they would be garbage.

Mounts [merged]

Sartharina.3542

From what we’ve seen in the leaks…
There will be several "Types" of mount - Raptor, Griffon, and Jackal are three I remember. One of the mounts gives extreme speed boost, and the ability to leap vast distances. Another (Gryphon) gives a double-jump, and the ability to glide. The third has multiple area-buffs. All of them have a combat-initiating skill - whether they have a full combat rotation or not is yet to be leaked.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Am I the only one that finds the possible addition of mounts to be concerning?

No, you’re not the only one. You cite the homogenization of the game, which I totally agree with. Meanwhile, others point out increased visual clutter. (We all love it when 10 mounted people stand on top of the merchants, right?) From the balance changes, (epidemic) it sounds like they’re concerned about server loads but won’t mounts be another extra large load?

If mounts are going to be a trade of speed buff for waypoints, I’d rather take waypoints. Remember how everyone complained about getting to the far side of Bitterfrost map? They took away waypoints because there were oh-so-convenient thermal tubes. No thanks. Waypoints are much faster. I’d like to arrive before the events end.

From the looks of things, I doubt mounts are just going to be fashion wars sink; they’re also going to absorb a bunch of mastery points! We’ll see what shakes out, but I am not very optimistic about the impending herd.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

^^ You have mounts

The main-mounts are called glider in GW2.

And there are some other in the gem-shop from time to time:
- broom-stick
- flying carpet
- …

But I must say that I am not a fan of wasting developer resources in riding-animations of different animals.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Swiftness is a combat buff, and good for short out-of-combat sprints – still useful even when we do have mounts. Speed Boost mushrooms aren’t on every map. Wallows and Thermal Propulsion are for fast transit across maps far faster than even mounts could ever be. Asura gates are for inter-map travel, not intra-map travel. Waypoints have been lacking ever since Season 2.

The “Maintain 100% swiftness on something other than Daredevil or Druid” rotations are simply an annoyance to tolerate getting from Point A to Point B, and will not be missed.

Swiftness is NOT a combat buff. Is a general buff, who some of us value OVER combat options. It is part of an intended design which adds oportunity cost to build options, making possible to create exploration builds separated from combat ones, therefore making the game more interesting, adding more diversity and playstyles to the game.

That “annoyance” is a great part of what make exploration fun and challenging.
Would you say “DPS rotations are simply an annoyance to tolerate getting from living mob to dead mob.” Of course not.

If Anet somehow (through speedy mounts, proliferation of speed mushrooms, or even due to wp excess), someday made swiftness builds obsolete, the game would lose a lot of what makes it good in the first place.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Chaosmade.8732

Chaosmade.8732

When mounts comming, i hope not, movement cap @ 25% or 33% since we have with speedboost. Then you have same speed with or without a mount.
And i hope only vor new zone´s when mounts comming.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I hope they don’t make mounts. Or, at least keep them out of all the zones we have now.

SBI

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

If speed is everything that you want from a mount:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_Booster

ask for a 30% one to be added to the gem-shop (not usable in the Mists)

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Right now, it’s (well, a 15% one) already sort-of available in the Gem Shop. It may drop (decent odds) from the Zaishen War Paint Kit.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I definitely want mounts, especially race-specific ones. Never seen a convincing argument against them, and they’re not just another way to customize our characters but also a massive QoL boost in my book. “Every other MMO has them too” doesn’t count by any means, since the same is true for so many other features and mechanics as well.

Plus, they’d be gemstore-fodder i.e. more money for Anet. Just make sure you give us a nice choice of 3-5 skins per race to pick from for in-game currency too, please. Not like the one dinky standard glider which dyes so badly.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Mounts would likely be more for function like in GW1. We likely will not see them outside of whatever content that they are developed for if they’re ever developed in the first place.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Objectively looking at it, its just another toy to play with and there’s no reason whatsoever that it can’t be for the entirety of the game. Regardless of speedboosts, waypoints and other travel options.

Other than that I think I always said that the game doesn’t need mounts nor benefits from it. But the same could be said about gliding, tea. It’s just another fun toy for players to play with.

If they come out I just hope they come with a good background as to why and such. Not like gliders or other masteries which sort of seem slapped on the game without much further thoughts as to why you get certain abilities.

Any assumptions as what they should be or speculation is entirely depending on the amount of creative freedom of the developers. Which seems to be pretty big looking at some of the later map designs. Nothing is off the table.™

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Fragon.7043

Fragon.7043

Objectively looking at it, its just another toy to play with and there’s no reason whatsoever that it can’t be for the entirety of the game. Regardless of speedboosts, waypoints and other travel options.

Other than that I think I always said that the game doesn’t need mounts nor benefits from it. But the same could be said about gliding, tea. It’s just another fun toy for players to play with.

If they come out I just hope they come with a good background as to why and such. Not like gliders or other masteries which sort of seem slapped on the game without much further thoughts as to why you get certain abilities.

Any assumptions as what they should be or speculation is entirely depending on the amount of creative freedom of the developers. Which seems to be pretty big looking at some of the later map designs. Nothing is off the table.™

Well Said !

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

The concerning thing about mounts is the look of the current zones, they would need to either shrink you or increase the size of the grass, trees, and more to make it look right, otherwise it would look weird, but it will be in new zones only anyways so no big deal.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

If the leaks are true, mounts are the biggest disappointment so far from the next expansion. Gliding was a great addition. It’s fun and enjoyable. I don’t find mounts to be fun, just screen clutter. Others like the idea. I’m just surprised that Anet may be adding something so divisive to a possible make-or-break expansion.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

If the leaks are true, mounts are the biggest disappointment so far from the next expansion. Gliding was a great addition. It’s fun and enjoyable. I don’t find mounts to be fun, just screen clutter. Others like the idea. I’m just surprised that Anet may be adding something so divisive to a possible make-or-break expansion.

Maybe they will be really fast mounts with mounted combat?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

We’re almost certainly getting mounts, those leaks are far too detailed and authentic looking to be a mere possibility.

I welcome the idea as long as they’re available across all of Tyria. A solid 50 or 60% increase in movement speed plus whatever special movement abilities they offer would definitely be an incentive to do more map completion. Also, you know…Fashion Wars 2, right?

However I am also dreading that they’ll make zerging around doing map metas even more tedious. Lots of us barely manage with just player characters and spell effects on screen, throwing mounts into the mix could make some parts of the game literally unplayable. Might be a good time for the low and mid-range system users to save up for some upgrades

The other bit that might be mildly annoying is how they scale with individual player characters, especially the Norn and Charr.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Maybe they will be really fast mounts with mounted combat?

Ugh. That’s even worse.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I think mounts could be a good addition to the game but I think it should mimic GW1. They had a map specific mount that came with its own skills and I think something like that would be a pretty cool addition. Mounts don’t always have to be the same thing in every game. I think this can be a great chance for Anet to try something different from what’s on the market right now.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Pretty much the potential future that concerns me about gw2. Trying to appeal to all these people who want mounts, and for the first several months, restricting it to only expansion maps… till they want more. And much agreed, with so many ways to get around and to destinations even hard to get ones (Teleport to Friend) – mounts simply do not fit.

And I’m actually glad about that. I don’t wanna stand idle in town for a few minutes busy with something else and see people riding/flying in spamming dreamer and hearing both them and their obnoxious ‘steeds’.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

While I don’t particularly miss mounts in GW2, I have to admit that I would prefer a noble steed to silly Spiderman threads and lava tubes catapulting me through maps.

Even if the leaks aren’t true. Broom, Flying carpet, descender etc….

I am sorry, but you can’t compare those to the feeling of riding across the lands on a horse like in, let’s say, TES: Oblivion. Now, that was cool.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I really don’t want them but they seem to be on their way. Will be a lot more trouble than dealing with whiny threads on forums due to being the same number of whiny threads from a different angle but also in game problems related solely to mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Amaimon.7823

While I don’t particularly miss mounts in GW2, I have to admit that I would prefer a noble steed to silly Spiderman threads and lava tubes catapulting me through maps.

Even if the leaks aren’t true. Broom, Flying carpet, descender etc….

I am sorry, but you can’t compare those to the feeling of riding across the lands on a horse like in, let’s say, TES: Oblivion. Now, that was cool.

AH YES, the glorious physics of the elder scrolls horses

Attachments:

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

LOL! Was this screenshot taken in Oblivion? Oh my, that definitely never happened to me.

Mounts [merged]

Amaimon.7823

LOL! Was this screenshot taken in Oblivion? Oh my, that definitely never happened to me.

nah, the screencap was from skyrim

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: marelooke.9708

marelooke.9708

Gliding literally changed the way people get around. No matter whether you think the impact was good or bad it should be pretty clear that it was massive and “just another fun toy” is severely understating the impact gliding has had.

Lots of tricky jumping (often required for vistas) can now simply be skipped, even some JPs are now trivial since they don’t all disallow gliding. Instead of having to go the long way around (and having to deal with the mobs on the way) you can just glide across half the map!

Mounts, depending on how they are implemented, could very well have a similar impact.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

There was a leak that shows evidence of Mounts coming as a form of Mastery but those could be rumors so take it with the grain of salt.