NPE Feedback [Merged] - Please read 1st post

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

I stopped playing for a year over the lack of a non-destructive wardrobe (and the loss of a valuable armor skin because of it). But I installed the game a few days ago and took it for another spin and I think the NPE stuff is great. I’ve spent $40 in gems in the last few days to get new skins and have been exploring like Magellan with that NPE pointer.

Posted by: Imarion.1650

Imarion.1650

I saw that to get some of the blue skills you have to do dungeons and WvW actions.
Really ? You really think that a new level 40 player (who has to finance equipment with the little money he gets) will be accepted in a dungeon group ?
(sip)
And do you really think he can make 2 steps in WvW ?

Sorry but, what do you mean with blue skills? Do you mean skill points and using it to get utility skills? What do you mean by having to do dungeons and WvW to get skills? What I know is you have to do some dungeons to get “traits” (not sure about that too). And if so, now you would need to go WvW to get traits, skills or whatever? If so then it’s even worse than what I heard so far…

Yes, sorry, probably I meant trait (I play the game in french, I’m not very familiar with the english terms).

So I meant the blue, green and yellow “traits”, the ones with a kind of spyglass that gives a description on how to obtain them (beside buying them at the trainer).
This morning I had a look and I’m quite sure one of them is given after taking a specific fort.

Imarion

Posted by: Imarion.1650

Imarion.1650

I stopped playing for a year over the lack of a non-destructive wardrobe (and the loss of a valuable armor skin because of it). But I installed the game a few days ago and took it for another spin and I think the NPE stuff is great. I’ve spent $40 in gems in the last few days to get new skins and have been exploring like Magellan with that NPE pointer.

Yes indeed it is a very nice feature.
Yet there are lots of issues I already reported.
Like the pointer sometimes tells you to go far away while there is an uneplored area very close to you.

Imarion

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

So I meant the blue, green and yellow “traits”, the ones with a kind of spyglass that gives a description on how to obtain them (beside buying them at the trainer).
This morning I had a look and I’m quite sure one of them is given after taking a specific fort.

Ah ok, I got it now. And don’t worry, I’m not a native english speaker too, hehe.

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

Yes indeed it is a very nice feature.
Yet there are lots of issues I already reported.
Like the pointer sometimes tells you to go far away while there is an uneplored area very close to you.

Imarion

Yes, I experienced that yesterday. It was sending me all the way across the zone and ignoring things I could see right next to me. But in the end it got everything and I got a lot of gathering and events done I would have missed otherwise. Maybe there’s some kind of algorithm that does that on purpose.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Hello, I was wondering if there is any updates relating to the issues you mentioned here, Gaile. I’d appreciate some information if you don’t mind.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: MuteTM.6428

MuteTM.6428

Hate to be a broken record, but I’d still love a response on where ANet is standing on this. The train’s moving on and I don’t want this to just become a talking point along with traits and Cantha.

shadow.6174

Hate to be a broken record, but I’d still love a response on where ANet is standing on this. The train’s moving on and I don’t want this to just become a talking point along with traits and Cantha.

Yeah, this thread hasn’t received responses and such for some time now.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Hello, I was wondering if there is any updates relating to the issues you mentioned here, Gaile. I’d appreciate some information if you don’t mind.

A lot of it was fixed on the 09/16/2014 patch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-9-2014/first#post4420127

We still are waiting for the following:

• A fix to the jumping puzzle bug. (I think I don’t know if I can confirm if it still a issue).
  • A fix to the story line. I expect this to take some time they may be re-writing some of the story. Voice acting and all may need to happen.

Traits are being discussed in another thread.

Anything else I would not expect them to fix. If you have feedback on the system feel free to leave it here.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

shadow.6174

I expect this to take some time they may be re-writing some of the story. Voice acting and all may need to happen.

No! No re-write. No amendments in order to pretend that it makes some sense… I would prefer the old way back and re-adding the removed content. :/ Simple fix: revert it.

shadow.6174

And here we go.. another patch with no changes to this mess… :/

Malkavian.4516

Still waiting on the fix for the Personal Story. It’s been months now and I think it’s time for a follow-through.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Still waiting on the fix for the Personal Story. It’s been months now and I think it’s time for a follow-through.

I agree, I’m somewhat avoiding the NPE until Personal Story lore issue is resolved.

Malkavian.4516

So far the only significant change I have seen is the modification of the story journal to what it once was, with the exception of a duplicate story chapter involving Sayeh (Temple of the Forgotten God) showing at the beginning and the end of Chapter 8.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So far the only significant change I have seen is the modification of the story journal to what it once was, with the exception of a duplicate story chapter involving Sayeh (Temple of the Forgotten God) showing at the beginning and the end of Chapter 8.

they arent really fast with these type of things. If they fix it at all, it will probably be awhile.

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

Holy crap. It really looks like the devs are listening here. I really don’t want to waste this chance.

Here are my big issues currently:

1. I can’t stand not getting one skill point every time I level. That was actually what made leveling fun for me. I know it sounds silly, but that single skill point kept me going for the next level.. and then the next one, and the next one, and the next one, and the… Yeah. You get it.

2. Unlocking traits SUCKS. I’m not joking. I think every single person that plays this game would be happy as heck if the devs just said “Screw it!” and put the old trait system back in but kept the new UI. Let us use traits again! PLEASE!

3. Simply put, I want build Templates that also store my gear. I want to be able to make a build for WvW with Soldier’s gear, save that, and then be able to switch to a zerker greatsword build and have my soldier’s gear be stored somewhere and replaced with zerkers.

A new bank tab maybe?

4. Leveling Alts is a pain. I want a simple and easy way to transfer levels/EXP between characters.

Two examples:

a: Let’s say I have a level 54 Necromancer. It’s a human, but I really want to have an Asura instead. So, let me drain the levels from my Human Necromancer and use them to give a new Asura Necromancer all of that EXP/levels. (Possibly at a loss? I don’t really see any balance issues that would crop up, so a loss isn’t really necessary.)

b: I have a Norn Warrior, but I want a Norn Guardian instead. My Warrior is level 80 already, so I really want to keep him. So, let me have an “EXP bank” to store all of those extra levels in. Let me then spend them on new characters.

(edited by InfernoHero.5687)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Holy crap. It really looks like the devs are listening here. I really don’t want to waste this chance.

Hate to break it to ya, but this thread is a 2 month old necro :-(

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

I hate my life

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s really not a fast fix. I know why they wouldn’t want to revert it. It was changed for a reason.

It was a bad change because the way it was changed left you with all sorts of things out of context. It was a good change because of the situation in Orr.

Spoilers below:

The story of Orr is really two stories. It’s the story of Trahearne’s Wild Hunt to heal Orr and the story of your battle with Zhaitan.

In the old telling you did a bunch of stuff against Zhaitan and then there was a whole hiatus from your story while you ran off to do Trahearne’s story before getting back to your story.

This new way gets Trahearne’s story out of the way first. So your weakening of Zhaitan by cutting off his food supply, partially blinding him, crippling his ability to make undead directly precedes you’re encounter with him. It removes some of the bitter sting of Trahearne’s prevalence in your story while at the same time showing that the last fight with Zhaitan isn’t just a boss fight. You’ve been in fact fighting him for the last five or six missions and finally get to finish him off.

The Zhaitan fight is going to be anticlimatic no matter how you slice it. This way it’s less anticlimactic.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I hate my life

Two things:

Attachments:

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

It’s really not a fast fix. I know why they wouldn’t want to revert it. It was changed for a reason.

It was a bad change because the way it was changed left you with all sorts of things out of context. It was a good change because of the situation in Orr.

Spoilers below:

The story of Orr is really two stories. It’s the story of Trahearne’s Wild Hunt to heal Orr and the story of your battle with Zhaitan.

In the old telling you did a bunch of stuff against Zhaitan and then there was a whole hiatus from your story while you ran off to do Trahearne’s story before getting back to your story.

This new way gets Trahearne’s story out of the way first. So your weakening of Zhaitan by cutting off his food supply, partially blinding him, crippling his ability to make undead directly precedes you’re encounter with him. It removes some of the bitter sting of Trahearne’s prevalence in your story while at the same time showing that the last fight with Zhaitan isn’t just a boss fight. You’ve been in fact fighting him for the last five or six missions and finally get to finish him off.

The Zhaitan fight is going to be anticlimatic no matter how you slice it. This way it’s less anticlimactic.

continuity errors tend to be more jarring than a story which moves around. Regardless the solution presented was pretty bad.

Vayne.8563

Spoilers below:

continuity errors tend to be more jarring than a story which moves around. Regardless the solution presented was pretty bad.

No argument here. I said it was bad the moment I tried it. I never said otherwise. I’m simply saying that reverting it isn’t necessarily the right answer, since in a lot of ways it was bad before too. It just takes more of a rework than they were apparently prepared to give it.

Malkavian.4516

Spoilers below:

The problem with that is from the way it’s currently arranged, it’s very poorly and cheaply done. It’s like switching 2 chapters in a book where after you read Chapter 6, Chapter 7 is replaced by Chapter 8. It would take serious editing on Anet’s part to make the connection more seamless. Plus let’s not forget the missing instances related to the Greatest Fear.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Vayne.8563

Spoilers below:

The problem with that is from the way it’s currently arranged, it’s very poorly and cheaply done. It’s like switching 2 chapters in a book where after you read Chapter 6, Chapter 7 is replaced by Chapter 8. It would take serious editing on Anet’s part to make the connection more seamless. Plus let’s not forget the missing instances related to the Greatest Fear.

Yes, I know this…I agree completely. I just think the serious editing would be worth it.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

It’s almost 3 months, that’s a quarter of a year. So where is this change to NPE you have spoken of? or at least any word of it? no?

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: lorephoenix.9185

lorephoenix.9185

I just made it to this part with my latest character, this would be my 5th time through the ps. I hadn’t played it since the patch, and if they’re trying to fix plot holes, they’re not. I have no idea what’s going, or I wouldn’t if I hadn’t played through it before. Something felt off, but I didn’t remember hearing about anything in that patch notes. But then Traherne just told me about Tonn and how Ceera was likely to never forgive. As far as my character is concerned, those names mean nothing, and the new airdrop into Orr is kinda cool, but makes no sense. It seems like they redid this so they could focus on Traherne, which is annoying. There are more people in the world that just him.

So, it has not been fixed yet. Hey Anet! Give us back out story!

I really enjoyed those mission because they were based around how my character interact and had to deal with things that were on a more personal level, rather than just campaign stuff.

Out of darkness, light.

Necro/Reaper, Rev

shadow.6174

This must kittenoed… :P (<- how nice to see that word [be verb plus echo in past tense] censored O.o)

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I desperately want an answer on whether ANet is aware about the discontent about the gutted Chapter 7 & 8 of the Personal Story (I’m sure they MUST be), and what are their plans, if any, to do something about it.

Even if that answer is “we’re not going to revert or re-include the missing steps”, then at least we have some solid information to make a decision on whether to proceed with the PS or continue to wait.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Let me see if I can get an update on this.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

“Help us, Gaile Gray! You’re our only hope!”

This thread may help if you or the relevant teams need a reference too, Gaile.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-Greatest-Fear-Plotline/page/9#post4574066

But in a nutshell, the NPE changes cut out a lot of the “My Greatest Fear” and the invasion of Orr storylines. We’d like to know if there’s any plans to reintroduce these missing steps, since it not only removes one of the most personally meaningful chapters of the Personal Story, but it also causes some plot holes in later steps where our PC expresses regret over the death of an NPC (whom we never met), miss out on discovering some intriguing lore tidbits (like the Krait Blue Orb which apparently can grant protection against dragon corruption, a HUGE deal from a lore perspective) and are immediate friends with characters like Sayeh al’Rajihd despite never having met her before.

(From a technical perspective, I’ve heard that the removal of these steps also makes it impossible to complete one of the “Hero” achievements, since it requires you to complete a now inaccessible PS step.)

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

I’ve created an alt account to see how New Player Experience would go and absolutely agree that trait acquisition sucks big time. Basically you have to buy them at total cost that is more than what was going on before.

Regardless of what some people say, asking for dungeon completion (even story mode) is kinda masochistic. You’re basically locking that trait away until character levels up significantly and then comes back and does story mode dungeons to unlock stuff (and on every character too!).

And even if you try to buy it, until you reach level 80 skillpoints are kinda limited, so this feels extra drawn out and character is starved of skillpoints (and total money, should someone experiment with “all” traits).

I wonder how many players as a result end up with level 80 that basically has only small subset of traits available. You can’t really experiment because of this. It also goes against “build diversity” too.

When character is lower level, some trait unlocks (especially if you’re doing EOTM) result in a funny situation. “You have unlocked this trait! Want to open your traits panel and select it? [ disabled yes ] [ NO ]”

Having an option for old ‘buy book for just (reasonable) amount of gold’ would certainly be great.

If someone unlocks all traits via books, you still could highlight certain traits if player completes the requirement and haven’t tried it before (so the PVE event/dungeon/whatever is either unlock or a ‘reminder’ for the first time they do it)

Personal story-wise, “chunked” mode is disappointing, because of the large gaps. You play a few story steps and then it goes away for a while, and other than “new things near you” and dailies nothing shows up in the right top corner. That familiar green star disappears completely. Wen I’ve finished first chunk it was very weird. “That’s it? Where did the story go?” (and then read in the Hero panel that it “continues at level 20”). I guess it’s just impatience speaking in me, as story (and leveling up) gives cool loot and I always wanted to do the next step sooner

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Thank you for responding to us Gaile

Malkavian.4516

Glad to get a response from you. No offense towards Chris Whiteside because he seems to try his best to get in touch with us as much as he can so far, but I’d really appreciate a detailed follow-up report on the status of the fix with the Personal story along with other bugs.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

“Keep them playing by keeping them waiting” seems like the norms now. I truely don’t get the slowness . We are not even asking for anything new, just merely fixing existing bugs or issues been brought up since the launch. Assuming we do get an update, (most likely: "we are aware of the issue and currently working for it, please keep buying… i mean playing ") then the question becomes “when”, which equate 2 or 3 more quarter worth of wait.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

shadow.6174

Even if that answer is "we’re not going to revert or re-include the missing steps", then at least we have some solid information to make a decision on whether to proceed with the PS or continue to wait.

Yes, some info about what are the plans is nice. I have put my Personal Story in hold until something is done or said about that (just now I was just a few steps from getting it completed...) :S

When character is lower level, some trait unlocks (especially if you’re doing EOTM) result in a funny situation. "You have unlocked this trait! Want to open your traits panel and select it? [ disabled yes ] [ NO ]"

Yay, the "wonderful" (nop) NPE kicking in... *sarcasm mode off*

(edited by shadow.6174)

shadow.6174

Personal story-wise, “chunked” mode is disappointing, because of the large gaps. You play a few story steps and then it goes away for a while, and other than “new things near you” and dailies nothing shows up in the right top corner. That familiar green star disappears completely. Wen I’ve finished first chunk it was very weird. “That’s it? Where did the story go?” (and then read in the Hero panel that it “continues at level 20”). I guess it’s just impatience speaking in me, as story (and leveling up) gives cool loot and I always wanted to do the next step sooner

No, that’s just the lack of “user friendly” brought by the NPE (that’s ironic as it’s meant to be more intuitive and user friendly). That was one of my first annoyance when I heard about NPE stuff, in that case it feels like “is it over already? Where did story go?”. It’s weird to get the player used to that green star leading them to the next step and then seeing it gone all suddenly…

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

I’ve created an alt account to see how New Player Experience would go and absolutely agree that trait acquisition sucks big time. Basically you have to buy them at total cost that is more than what was going on before.

Regardless of what some people say, asking for dungeon completion (even story mode) is kinda masochistic. You’re basically locking that trait away until character levels up significantly and then comes back and does story mode dungeons to unlock stuff (and on every character too!).

And even if you try to buy it, until you reach level 80 skillpoints are kinda limited, so this feels extra drawn out and character is starved of skillpoints (and total money, should someone experiment with “all” traits).

I wonder how many players as a result end up with level 80 that basically has only small subset of traits available. You can’t really experiment because of this. It also goes against “build diversity” too.

When character is lower level, some trait unlocks (especially if you’re doing EOTM) result in a funny situation. “You have unlocked this trait! Want to open your traits panel and select it? [ disabled yes ] [ NO ]”

Having an option for old ‘buy book for just (reasonable) amount of gold’ would certainly be great.

If someone unlocks all traits via books, you still could highlight certain traits if player completes the requirement and haven’t tried it before (so the PVE event/dungeon/whatever is either unlock or a ‘reminder’ for the first time they do it)

I think it’s been so long now we’re forgetting that the trait changes aren’t part of the NPE, strictly speaking. The trait changes released in April 2014, and the NPE was September 2014. Going on 7 months now and no overhaul. Boo.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Ok, I think we have two threads on the same subject: The personal story bugs introduced with NPE. If that’s correct, then Leah Hoyer, our narrative director, provided a tad of information in a post in the thread about “My Greatest Fear.”

Leah said, “Thank you so much for your comments. We realize that the changes that were made have impacted the personal story, and we are working to fix this. This requires a good deal of resources, so we do not have a set date for when these fixes will be implemented. We appreciate your patience and will update with more information as it becomes available.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The comments from Leah are great – but I’ve noticed you have had to post this three times now. Fab in terms of communication, but it might be worth a sticky in News and Announcements, which used to be where the known issues went. Could be worth resurrecting that subforum and putting things important like this in there.

Then when someone goes “well ANet never tells us anything about these things” the community and yourself can link to it and go “Aha, that’s not true..look right over here…”

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Oddly enough other than the out of sequence bits I prefer the new implementation of the personal story. Played a character to 80 for the first time since launch and was pleasantly surprised by the new system for personal story.

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Oddly enough other than the out of sequence bits I prefer the new implementation of the personal story. Played a character to 80 for the first time since launch and was pleasantly surprised by the new system for personal story.

I think for me it’s the difference between being able to “binge” whole season on Netflix and having it being strongly restricted to once per week as your “tv series” goes through episodes.

It’s not quite clear why should it be split like that. When you just create the character, you’re in the story mode. Before, it would continue as-is, and allow you to pause whenever you want. Story was always there. You could pause it if you didn’t want to do it right now, but it was up to you.

Now your short front story is immediately cut out. You’ve fought Earth elemental grabby hands, you got injured, and then…. nothing. Narrative stops. You wander around aimlessly and there’s nothing story-related to do. You have to do random harts and do something else to level up to get to 10/20/30… and story then pretends that you didn’t go away for several days to level up.

When I just bought GW2 the story was the most awesome part and basically did guide me through the whole game, before I got into wvw and other things later

Now it’s all drawn out and tries to slow you down arbitrarily to “level up” and stretch out the time needed for story, which is not fun.

shadow.6174

It’s not quite clear why should it be split like that. When you just create the character, you’re in the story mode. Before, it would continue as-is, and allow you to pause whenever you want. Story was always there. You could pause it if you didn’t want to do it right now, but it was up to you.

Now your short front story is immediately cut out. You’ve fought Earth elemental grabby hands, you got injured, and then…. nothing. Narrative stops. You wander around aimlessly and there’s nothing story-related to do. You have to do random harts and do something else to level up to get to 10/20/30… and story then pretends that you didn’t go away for several days to level up.

When I just bought GW2 the story was the most awesome part and basically did guide me through the whole game, before I got into wvw and other things later

Now it’s all drawn out and tries to slow you down arbitrarily to “level up” and stretch out the time needed for story, which is not fun.

Yup, that’s how I feel about that too. Before you could continue story whenever you wanted. “Oh, are you low level yet? Well, it’s up to you to face it and have hard time or have a break to get the proper level.” Now, you are just forced to do something else just because the game thinks you aren’t ready or prepared to progress, and not even giving clearly any other objective or telling you clearly what’s your next step (yes, I mean the PS going poof from screen when you aren’t allowed to do it yet).
Stop dumbing down stuff, let people decide by themselves.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . if you were around when it was talked about how unfair Doc Howler was during the mission you have to fight him? You’d know why they decided to make it that way. And that’s just the example I tested out myself and found it’s easier to either build in anticipation or level beyond the recommended level. I am sure there are others.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

shadow.6174

. . . if you were around when it was talked about how unfair Doc Howler was during the mission you have to fight him? You’d know why they decided to make it that way. And that’s just the example I tested out myself and found it’s easier to either build in anticipation or level beyond the recommended level. I am sure there are others.

Maybe I wasn’t around that time and also since I don’t recognize that name… can you tell more about that and how does it have to do with the subject here? Are you talking about why they decided to make story steps in chunks? Just trying to understand your point.

Also, a thing is before it would be player’s choice to wait and get upper level before progressing or take the risk and playing with low or equal level. Now, the game forces ppl to be upper lvled before playing it. What’s the purpose of having story levels then… Just for me it feels like game is dictating the way the players must play their story…

Vayne.8563

In some ways, the old way was more artificial than the new way because it was always split up, but before it was by levels.

So in the old way I could finish a story and find myself 2-3 levels below the next story. So I have this important thing to do, but I have to stop in the middle and go help farmer Joe do something completely unrelated in order to level to get to that story instance. It completely took you out of the story.

Because the story was basically written in chapters, and because the second chapter doesn’t follow directly on the first chapter, there’s no reason why a pause can’t happen.

It’s like this. I was doing some stuff and finished it and a couple of weeks later, something else came up. That’s how it is now.

Before it was I was doing some stuff, I was in the middle of it and then, for no reason at all, I had to stop and level.

Me, I like this way better.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

In some ways, the old way was more artificial than the new way because it was always split up, but before it was by levels.

You weren’t paying attention at all to how Queensdale and the human personal story flowed together if you think that. I don’t know how you can call the new way less artificial when they lumped them together into arbitrary chapters, when they were originally designed to be done as the player was progressing through Queensdale.

There’s an awful lot of backtracking with the new way now. For example: A level 10 player will have already finished with the Bandithaunt Cavers, (level 5 area) but the Personal Story will take the player back there at around level 11. Before, you’d just go there at (surprise, surprise) level 5 when it was level appropriate. But hey, that was more artificial!

Vayne.8563

You weren’t paying attention at all to how Queensdale and the human personal story flowed together if you think that. I don’t know how you can call the new way less artificial when they lumped them together into arbitrary chapters, when they were originally designed to be done as the player was progressing through Queensdale.

There’s an awful lot of backtracking with the new way now. For example: A level 10 player will have already finished with the Bandithaunt Cavers, (level 5 area) but the Personal Story will take the player back there at around level 11. Before, you’d just go there at (surprise, surprise) level 5 when it was level appropriate. But hey, that was more artificial!

I was paying tons of attention since I’ve done the story more than a dozen times. Put it this way.

Spoilers below.

First there are bandits who are being aided by someone on the council. We foil their plans, then investigate them. In the past, this ended at chapter 10.

Then, we got a message from Logan to begin the second part of our story which was, survey says, completely unrelated. That is to say, we were told that they found some information about my parents…or my sister…or some other thing, that had nothing at all to do with the first ten levels.

I know this because the first ten levels is based on one choice you make during character creation…that’s the story that ended at level 10 and the second ten levels, the story that ended at level 20, was the story based on a second choice you make during character creation.

Logically since there are three choices for each, they can’t be directly linked.

But by then there’s a third story which has nothing to do with EITHER story. It’s the story introducing you to the orders, which ended at level 30 when you chose one of them.

Maybe you weren’t paying as much attention as you thought.

Nokaru.7831

(snip) irrelevant stuff (snip)

You backtrack at least three times with the first chapter of the Personal Story 2.0. There’s nothing more unnatural than that with regards to map flow. Queensdale is very poorly designed from a leveling perspective without the Personal story guiding the player around it the way it used to. It’s backtrack city now.

I don’t expect to convince someone (you) who is defending the butchering of the later chapters of the Personal Story, and then says the old way was more “unnatural.” Laughable.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Vayne.8563

(snip) irrelevant stuff (snip)

You backtrack at least three times with the first chapter of the Personal Story 2.0. There’s nothing more unnatural than that with regards to map flow. Queensdale is very poorly designed from a leveling perspective without the Personal story guiding the player around it the way it used to. It’s backtrack city now.

I don’t expect to convince someone (you) who is defending the butchering of the later chapters of the Personal Story, and then says the old way was more “unnatural.” Laughable.

See this is where you lose credibility. I’ve spoken out about the changes to the later chapters.

But the rest of what was said makes no sense.

What I said wasn’t irrelevant. You’re just prejudice to ALL the changes because you don’t like some.

Nokaru.7831

I’ve spoken out about the changes to the later chapters.

You sure did.

It was a good change because of the situation in Orr.