New Dailies

New Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Is the old system where you gain a bottle of Karma and a Mystic Coin for grinding out 60-kills (and 15 of them have to be unique creatures) really better than dodging 10 times for a laurel that helps you work towards end-game gear?

As with everything in this game, the answer to that depends on the player. I can kill 60 mobs faster than I have been able to complete this dodge thing. lol People are confusing dodging in general with dodging using perfect timing so as to get the “evade” needed for the daily. I dodge routinely. I just don’t dodge with perfect timing. This is the difference.

New Dailies

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

@Weebitt, the choice option comes in a later patch as explain by the dev’s in an earlier post in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Dailies/page/5#post1314181

@Silvery Shadow, dodge is like the one of the most important mechanism in this game, not trying to insult, but it’s noobish not to dodge imo.

New Dailies

Posted by: Disturbedm.6305

Disturbedm.6305

Bring the old kittening dailies back, jesus i was barely hanging on to this game as it was.

New Dailies

Posted by: Silvery Shadow.5036

Silvery Shadow.5036

@BobbyT … well it’s your opinion…and I don’t consider myself noob either

@Celtic Lady …. My point exactly.

New Dailies

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Dodge X: If you don’t dodge over 10 attacks per hour of play in this game, I hate to say this but you are doing it wrong. I don’t care what class you play, dodging is an essential mechanic to being even somewhat mediocre at this game. If you don’t dodge, learn to do it.

You’re missing the main point…but anyway…thanks for the insult :P …. I hardly use the dodge mechanic and surprisingly I don’t think I’m that mediocre………strange how some people think that the way they play is the only way that should be played….

Please don’t take that the wrong way. I don’t mean to be insulting at all. I really don’t. It just seems to me that every character in this game has a regenerating invulnerable switch that lasts 1 second every time you use it. Not using it leaves any player at a disadvantage compared to someone who does.

There are enemies in this game who will one-shot you no matter what your toughness or health. You have to be able to dodge or you will go down to them.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

New Dailies

Posted by: DoubleUnder.9052

DoubleUnder.9052

So as far as I can tell, you have kept dailies the same, but have only made them harder, and require more boring stuff like crafting.

What happened to the new and exciting things every day, encouraging us to go back to old areas?

Agreed, dailies have now become a hastle to complete, especially for us who dont have all afternoon to complete them. Dodging for dailies? Now thats a joke.

New Dailies

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

i really can’t understand some achiev. daily…
yesterday i had Veteran slayer, i would kill 5 veterans but i killed all veterans at Orr, alone, with members.. but nothing…
today i’ve this ‘’Daily Laurel Vendor’’ wich tells: ‘’ you sought out a laurel vendor in any of the major city’’ i went to all cities to vendors.. but tell me, should i sell my only daily laurel point for receive a new daily point???? O_o … and if i would save my laurels? DX
sorry but i appreciate if you fix it or at least, will explain better what we should do ^^’’

Attachments:

New Dailies

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

I’m not a big fan of the new dailies.

I was able to complete the old dailies within 30 minutes of simply playing the game normally, but today I had to go out of my way to finish my dailies, and it took me an hour and a half.

It just sort of seems to go against the spirit of GW2. The previous dailies were just kind of fun bonuses that you would pick up during the course of normal play, but these just feel like some annoying to-do list.

Reviving downed allies and killing enemies is all fine, but I hate how I’m now expected to craft and run around looking for veteran mobs.

My least favorite new daily is the dodging one. I’m an older guy and my twitch reflexes aren’t as good as they used to be. I barely take any damage anyway, by kiting enemies, but the new daily won’t give credit for kiting or anything besides foolishly standing still and then dodging at the last possible moment.

Ugh.

New Dailies

Posted by: Drexinia.2360

Drexinia.2360

I agree with all of Treadstone’s points. This used to be fun. Now it feels like a chore. Bad. Bad bad bad….

New Dailies

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I don’t have the patience for these dailies. Why not make them simple? 5 of this, 5 of that — not 20.

The monthly isn’t as bad, but I can’t stand these kitten jumping puzzles either. =/

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

New Dailies

Posted by: Ivanta.7926

Ivanta.7926

I see the point that learning how to combo & dodge will make us better players. It doesn’t however make it a fun thing to do for a daily. {yes they took out comboing. just using it as a point.} I used to have fun in Queensdale doing my dailies with a low level char. 30 minutes and I was done. Since the update all I’ve done is log on, look at dailies, go meh, and log off. If it’s not fun to play why play. Enough said. Have fun.

New Dailies

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

I agree with all of Treadstone’s points. This used to be fun. Now it feels like a chore. Bad. Bad bad bad….

I agree, feels like a chore now. Also, dodge daily is total crap. You have to be so incredibly precise with your timing to trigger it. And crafting daily is pointless, I just log in to my Elementalist, craft 10 copper ingots and that’s it. Just another chore.

New Dailies

Posted by: Deekers.2031

Deekers.2031

After doing today’s daily , I have to say, this dodge daily is not fun at all. I spent way more time than I wanted to finding stuff that I can try to dodge 15 times against, plus I was with another person so you can imagine how much longer that took. I was annoyed the entire time – whereas I should have been doing something that was fun.

Please remove the dodging daily – it’s just not fun.

This is a game, we want fun stuff, not annoying stuff to do.

New Dailies

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

My engi kites with cripples and jump backs rather than dodges. I had to go out of my way to play differently to get all my dodges in.

New Dailies

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

i really can’t understand some achiev. daily…
yesterday i had Veteran slayer, i would kill 5 veterans but i killed all veterans at Orr, alone, with members.. but nothing…
today i’ve this ‘’Daily Laurel Vendor’’ wich tells: ‘’ you sought out a laurel vendor in any of the major city’’ i went to all cities to vendors.. but tell me, should i sell my only daily laurel point for receive a new daily point???? O_o … and if i would save my laurels? DX
sorry but i appreciate if you fix it or at least, will explain better what we should do ^^’’

sounds like your system time might be not set correctly and the game is already displaying tomorrow’s dailies for you, even though you can’t complete them yet.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Daily-not-working/first#post1327351

New Dailies

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I am piping in again on day two to say:

I love the new dailies. I liked the combo one as well, and I like the dodging one too. For all the people who scream about things must be difficult to be challenging to cause this much fuss over learning a new skill, or learning to dodge, of being forced to do something, this thread is hilarious, to say the least.

You do not have to do the daily. You do not have to earn a laurel.

Again it is a laurel. An achievement. There are many that I will never do. As I stated before I never get the monthly because that “forces” me to do wvw or fractals. So, I don’t do it. I don’t get that reward.

shakes head I will never understand gamers. They will scream if their ice cream is too cold.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

New Dailies

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I’m technically considered a casual gamer (based on my play time per week). This is my personal experience with the new dailies.

Dodger: I dodge all the time on my thief. At least once per fight. After an hour of playing the game I was shocked to see that I had not finished the dodge achievement. This made me wonder if it was broken. So I did some testing. Mobs have long animations. I dodge when they build up their big attacks because I usually only have to dodge once or twice per fight. When I dodge these attacks it is at the beginning of the animation, not at the last second (usually). But the daily dodger only rewards you for dodging at the last moment. Additionally, all of my mobility abilities (other than the dodge mechanic) don’t seem to count as dodges even if timed properly.

Combo Fields: Spent 20 minutes getting a group to complete the combo field daily. Spent 20 minutes explaining to people what a combo field is. Spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how which combo fields “count” for the achievement and which ones (most it seems) don’t count. Spent 20 minutes trying to find another group (or at least one competent person) to do the combo daily with me before giving up.

Veterans: Spent ten minutes looking for a veteran. (I rarely kill them since they give poor rewards for the effort/risk involved.) Spent a few minutes killing a veteran. Spent a few more minutes killing another veteran trying to figure out if it was just a glitch that I didn’t get credit. Spent ten more minutes looking for another veteran and a few more minutes killing another veteran only to find out that killing veteran mobs didn’t count towards the veteran daily kill count.

I only have 2-3 hours to play each day (sometimes more on weekends if I’m not working). Part of my time each day used to be spent doing dailies. But now that they are taking so much longer, I will not be able to participate in them. I’m not going to cry about it. I’m just not going to even think about them. For me, they may as well have been removed from the game. Monthly achievements? Yeah right.

New Dailies

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I’m fine with most of the dailies, except for veteran slayer… anybody have suggestions on where to find large amounts of veterans in one place? Even though I am going for world completion right now I run into surprisingly few of these.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

New Dailies

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I really like the new dailies. It’s refreshing to log in and see what I have to figure out how to accomplish.

Jabberwock, I found Veteran Oakhearts are common enough to use them for the veteran daily challenge. They are fun to fight too and before I had no reason to bother with them.

New Dailies

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

My main problem with Daily Dodger is that it requires me to (a) find mobs with easy “tells” and long-animation attacks, and (b) let them live long enough for them to fire it. But I think I finally found a way to do it, that knocked out the last 25% or so in a hurry: round up a bunch of mobs, spam my AoEs, and just dodge at random. If there are enough mobs, one of them is bound to be attacking whenever I hit the dodge.

Seriously, I’m a bunkered-up Bomb Kit engineer. Unless it’s a Champion, dodging actually lowers my survivability, because time I spend dodging is time that I’m not firing AoE confuse or AoE blind or setting everything around me on fire. I hate this particular objective, because it requires me to play stupid.

New Dailies

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

The problem with Daily Dodge is that the definition of dodging is far too narrow. It requires you to evade an attack at the exact, precise moment it strikes.

For example, imagine an Ettin. We all know their huge slow attacks. You see one starting to charge up, so you dodge away. Did you avoid the attack? Absolutely. Did you get credit for it in the daily? Nope, because the daily wants you to wait until the absolute last moment to evade.

Kiting also comes to mind. For all intents and purposes kiting is dodging, but it doesn’t count.

New Dailies

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I’m fine with most of the dailies, except for veteran slayer… anybody have suggestions on where to find large amounts of veterans in one place? Even though I am going for world completion right now I run into surprisingly few of these.

There’s a few areas. I know the human and silvari starting zones have veteran oakhearts. They have really slow attacks too so if you have the dodge daily you can take care of that as well.

The problem with Daily Dodge is that the definition of dodging is far too narrow. It requires you to evade an attack at the exact, precise moment it strikes.

It counts everytime it says evade. Block and glancing doesn’t count. If you dodge an attack and it says evade it counts. If it doesn’t then it doesn’t count. Simple.

Edit to avoide double posting

(edited by ImTasty.2163)

New Dailies

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Sounds like people hate dodge daily as well? How hard can this be…seriously

i) Ettin – dodge before he pounds it ground.
ii) Vet. Oakenheart – dodge before it pounds the ground.
iii) Minotaur – dodge before it rams you.
iv) Troll – dodge before the ceeling falls on you.
v) Dredge – dodge before he shoot you.

There is one thing that makes me wonder though. I am an elementalist and if I use ‘Lightning Surge’ or ‘Gust’ during the mobs attack will that count towards a dodge? Just curious…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

New Dailies

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

I thought the daily would be selective (complete 3 objectives out of 5 or similar) to get the reward. What happened to that?

This system for picking from a list for dailies, along with rotating in new more specific achievements will be added in a later release to build on the system going forward. As discussed in the Gw2 in 2013 blog post this is really just the ground work for the systems coming down the road.

I can tolerate the daily its not that bad for now but i would like to see this implemented into the monthly aswell i will never pvp i just dont want to.

New Dailies

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

If you’re having trouble with the “Dodge” achievement, just kite some Moas around and when your endurance is filled, dodge THROUGH them. Their attack animations are pretty quick, so they’ll attack you pretty quick and you’ll get the evade.

I got this part of the daily done in less than 2 minutes.

New Dailies

Posted by: BlackPaw.5948

BlackPaw.5948

That’s enough. I can’t get anyone to die in order to revive them. I give up. Been looking for a corpse for several hours, no ones cooperating. It’s now 2 days without completing dailies. I don’t think I missed more than one or two since launch and now I can’t complete one. Thank you Anet. Beautiful work.

you can just reviving NPC….. which are hundreds laying on the ground in the world of Tyria.

New Dailies

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Being intimately familiar with the challenge of “perfect timing” dodging, I found the ice cores in Metrica Province’s Thaumanova Reactor to be ideal for this. The AOEs once you get used to the timing are foolproof.

New Dailies

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

For those still complaining about the dodge achievement:

Karkas.

They generally begin combat with what’s essentially a beam attack (it’s really most like Unload, but that’s beside the point). It’s an attack that hits you repeatedly over a period of time. Simply start combat with one, let the first hit of the attack hit you and pound “v” (or whatever you have dodge bound to) repeatedly. You will get credit for at least two dodges. Disengage from combat, wait for your endurance to refill, and repeat. Entire process will take you a maximum of about 3 minutes to earn the achievement.

New Dailies

Posted by: Unga.8305

Unga.8305

These new dailies seem fine to me, only took me 30mins to do today. Dodging is pretty easy as well. The easiest thing I’ve found to dodge is Grawl Archers, When you here the bow shoot just dodge; easy and simple. With Crafting just make some level 1 item that takes no money or effort.

New Dailies

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Sounds like people hate dodge daily as well? How hard can this be…seriously

i) Ettin – dodge before he pounds it ground.
ii) Vet. Oakenheart – dodge before it pounds the ground.
iii) Minotaur – dodge before it rams you.
iv) Troll – dodge before the ceeling falls on you.
v) Dredge – dodge before he shoot you.

As mentioned above, you must dodge at exactly the right time. For example, why should I wait till that Ettin finally got his club raised and is starting to smash it down? I’ll have gone out of reach long before that.

I found out that I hardly ever see the “evaded” message on my ele, necro and guardians. But on my ranger, I had the dodging achievement in no time… One of my guardians was fighting ettings, but I just couldn’t “evade” his attacks. Either I’d be way too fast or too slow… (mostly the first though….) I find it easier to dodge if the attack of the foe is slightly faster…

New Dailies

Posted by: Andile.2963

Andile.2963

I enjoy role playing in GW2. My guardian had a hip replacement following a battle wound. He can’t dodge.

FML

New Dailies

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

My first reaction on seeing “crafting” in the dailies wasn’t a positive one, since it’s an activity that removes you from the open world to craft in the city.

I thought one of the main reasons of the new daily system is to promote open-world play ?

At least the dodge daily taught me I’m wasting most of my dodges, which is a nice bit of information contained in an achievement. But then again, I’m not playing a ranger…

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

New Dailies

LadyRhonwyn.2501

My first reaction on seeing “crafting” in the dailies wasn’t a positive one, since it’s an activity that removes you from the open world to craft in the city.

I thought one of the main reasons of the new daily system is to promote open-world play ?

The towns are also open world. And there are crafting stations scattered across the world as well.

New Dailies

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

i got the dodge part of the daily done with literally 2 dodges.
just go to orr, find yourself some of these guys: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Risen_Plaguebearer
and dodge roll into their aggro range.
i guess i was lucky and accidently dodged into a group of them, which is why i got so much dodge (or rather: evade) credit. but even with just one you should get it done very quickly.
just gotta dodge their “chain chomping attack” that sounds like a pig greedily devouring something.

(edited by Nemui.6753)

New Dailies

LadyRhonwyn.2501

i got the dodge part of the daily done with literally 2 dodges.
just go to orr, find yourself some of these guys: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Risen_Plaguebearer
and dodge roll into their aggro range.
i guess i was lucky and accidently dodged into a group of them, which is why i got so much dodge (or rather: evade) credit. but even with just one you should get it done very quickly.

I came across some birds… I attacked one risen, my axe bounded of to a bird, the next attack it bounded of to another bird… And before I knew it, I was evading as if my life depended on it (which it did…). It was so hectic, I didn’t even have time to activate my elite (and I got that one bound to my thumb mouse button…)

New Dailies

Posted by: SantusVeritas.4607

SantusVeritas.4607

“Dodge daily is a waste of time”

Boohoo, now you get to learn how to play the game properly. Deal with it.

Hahaha, some people’s kids. Lazy lazy lazy.
Took me 30 minutes to finish today’s daily. Veteran, gatherer, craft, dodge and events.

I’m sorry but this has turned from the player base asking for variety, ArenaNet providing, noob player base complaining, the rest of us saying “Learn to Play”

It’s variety and challenge. I Welcome it with open arms.

Thank you ArenaNet.

New Dailies

Posted by: Medron Pryde.6850

Medron Pryde.6850

My primary problem with the Dodge achievement is what others here have noted. For the first time in Guild Wars 2, we are encouraged to NOT play with other people. As others have noted, the easiest way to get the achievement is to agro a mob, wait for it to attack, and dodge it at the last second to get the little “evade” word up. Of course, mobs can only agro against one person at a time, so the rest of your group has to find something else to agro. And if someone comes through, sees you fighting something, and kills it, suddenly, for the first time in the history of Guild Wars 2, he ISN’T HELPING YOU.

That’s not good. I liked the way Guild Wars 2 encourages us to help other players, and encourages other players to WANT help. This achievement line reverses that idea, and I don’t like that.

Then there’s also style of play. I don’t generally dodge. I’m generally a ranged fighter, who summons as many allies as possible into the battle to help me out. If someone gets close enough that I HAVE to dodge them, I just fraked up. I know a lot of people swear by dodging, and consider it one of the most important aspects of the game, and think that people who don’t do it are dumb, but I’m exactly the opposite. I use dodging to get away from AOE attacks, or keep it as a reserve in case THAT GUY JUST GOT IN MY FACE! OMG I HAVE TO OPEN THE RANGE NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW! I think that walking up to someone, waiting for them to take a swing, and then at the last instant dodging them is stupid. Ballsy. Showing you are so far out of their league that you can LET them have the first strike and then dance around them. But I don’t play like that. I “cheat” by getting an enemy to agro something else and then hit him in the flank. Or I kite around him, and then jump over him with a deathblossom attack. Or I drop a rocket launcher and run. Or…or…or…there are SO many ways to play where you stop the bad guys from ever getting a shot off at you.

Walking up to them and LETTING them attack me makes me ask myself why I’m being so dumb as to risk getting my clothes dirty. Or bloody. Ew. I hate the sight of my own blood. Why do I have to do this again?

;)

New Dailies

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Walking up to them and LETTING them attack me makes me ask myself why I’m being so dumb as to risk getting my clothes dirty. Or bloody. Ew. I hate the sight of my own blood. Why do I have to do this again?
;)

I partly agree with this… I was getting my dodges yesterday. I started with the ele, I somehow got 1 dodge, no idea where… I then moved on to the necro, who had a few AoE where she dodged, but those didn’t count as she left the area as soon as the circle showed up. The same goes for my Guardian in Wayfarer hills. Red circles = moving out, and not waiting till that ice thing finally falls down. Then the guardian in Kessex Hills, who was facing Ettins. Who have such a slow attack that you can even walk out of reach before it hits. Why would I keep standing in front of that hit, if I can take my time to get out and keep on attacking him from another side? I managed 1 dodge, got hit about 5 times and then figured I’d get it on another character (and my life became a lot easier again!)

On my ranger however (mid-range, axe + torch), I had 0 problems getting the dodges. At least, once I stopped thinking about them. As soon as I started to think, I was too slow… But I dodge a lot on my rangers! (and as those risen always ignore my pet, getting agro wasn’t a problem at all…)

New Dailies

Posted by: Dastor.3546

Dastor.3546

And again I feel lied to.
The new dailies would make you travel the world, travel to all areas for specific tasks. They’d be exciting and different every day.
So far, it’s the same generic crap that we got before the update.
So if you’re asking me, you could’ve left ’em like they were Anet. You just made things worse! Show a little creativity next time you update something.

New Dailies

Posted by: Lucky.7680

Lucky.7680

I am piping in again on day two to say:

I love the new dailies… You do not have to do the daily. You do not have to earn a laurel.

shakes head I will never understand gamers. They will scream if their ice cream is too cold.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that it’s you that has the problem : a complete lack of empathy. The idea that someone has fun in another way then you seems a concept that is hard to understand.

And that laurel is indeed something you live without as far as I can see. However the Jug of Liquid Karma seems a rather needed item if you want that nice karma-gear. It’s the equivalent of alot of events… Or are they gonna reduce the prices for people that don’t do dailies? And I suppose the Mystic coins are at some point also very handy. I’m not a top crafter yet.

Or should these things be reserved for the mindless cheering crowd that finds everything ok?

Again : The dailies are bad because they force you to do stuff that is not natural for everyones playstyle and it has an impact on the behavior of the players. Even something as simple as healing : how long will it take before people are healing NPC’s in events instead of fighting mobs? And the few who are actually trying to get the event done will have to do all the fighting and ofc are punished for it. It’s just bad.

I’m not saying the old ones were perfect. I can imagine some playstyles that where not covered by them. So adding a few and letting people choose would be a nice improvement. What they thought up, isn’t.

New Dailies

LadyRhonwyn.2501

And that laurel is indeed something you live without as far as I can see. However the Jug of Liquid Karma seems a rather needed item if you want that nice karma-gear. It’s the equivalent of alot of events… Or are they gonna reduce the prices for people that don’t do dailies? And I suppose the Mystic coins are at some point also very handy. I’m not a top crafter yet.

Remember, this is the first step of the change. First, make a different set of achievements, in a weekly rotation. Second, offer 6 achievements, of which 4 must be completed. The second step still needs to go live.

I rather like to think they’ll do that next month, so they have this month to get all kinks out of the system and check numbers. By next month, they should know what events should go together in a set (so you don’t have a set with 6 time consuming achievements and a set of 6 very fast achievements). And the choices will be implemented.

(naturally, this is all wishful thinking on my part, not based on any evidence! It’s just how I would have done it…)

New Dailies

Posted by: Lucky.7680

Lucky.7680

Remember, this is the first step of the change…

(naturally, this is all wishful thinking on my part, not based on any evidence! It’s just how I would have done it…)

I have read that. But it’s not the way to do it. That like a bank that rolls out a new IT system that lets you make deposits. Withdrawls? Oh, that’s for the release next month They are stopping my advance in the game (ok..I’m exagerating a bit ) for 1 month to fix some stuff that shouldn’t have been broken in the first place. But this is gonna cost me alot of Karma since I do not intend to do those dailies. I left Wow because of the daily chores…I’m not gonna restart that here.

Besides grouping those new things does not change their fundamental flaws. Even their original idea of sending people all over the map is flawed. it’s not natural. It would have been better to expand the old ones with new choises that cover more playstyles and let people complete a few of them from the start. Dailies should reward the fact that you log in and play. And not be abused for other causes like filling zones, ‘learning people to dodge’,‘learn people to heal’ and other silly things.

New Dailies

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I hope dailies are achievable, I’ve been downloading the game all day and plan on getting them done 1st, if I can find a reliable vet … If I remember rightly there is a spider vet at a skill point or 2 …

New Dailies

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I know they’ve said in the patch notes that Combo Killer has been removed, but are they going to add it back into the daily rotation once they’ve fixed it?
My friend and I really enjoyed it, and it made us examine our skills for the best combos.

Oh, and Dodge is simples as log as you haven’t disabled double-tap to dodge. Probably best done on a dodge-clone mesmer.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

New Dailies

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Oh, and Dodge is simples as log as you haven’t disabled double-tap to dodge. Probably best done on a dodge-clone mesmer.

Pressing V while moving in a direction also dodges. Space + V = mid air summersault.

New Dailies

Posted by: Hellzfire.7105

Hellzfire.7105

I am no computer programmer but letting the client side show server side things based on time of the computer is surely letting itself open to hacks and/ or exploits. Not going into detail about the hacks that may be involved I will give you a simple exploit that people could use if they chose to do it and given that an update would not happen in a given month.
Say April – (well after patches no planned expansions for a month… hypothetical)
Achievements in April:
Complete all 1-15 zones
Defeat all Ascalonian Catacombs
Make a character of every race
Get 50 kills with a level 1 weapon
Knowing that I would sell every low level crafting mat I own in March since I know in April the players will be concentrated on that zone/level and supply would rise and prices would drop.
Considering how keen you guys are to keeping patch notes secret so it doesn’t affect the market, a major change needs to be put in place. And I really hope that the information that is getting pulled is all client side. If its server to client where this information is getting kicked back and forth then I hope my credit card is on a different server.

New Dailies

Posted by: Blitzkrieg.8436

Blitzkrieg.8436

‘Daily Crafter’? Really? I got Master Crafter about 2 months ago – I haven’t crafted a single thing since then. Now I need to craft 10 items every day for the daily achievement? Please. I used to enjoy my dailies, now it’s pointless even logging on anymore. Guys, you really need to do a bit of homework before just making masses of blanket changes. Pandas look sexier each day…

New Dailies

Posted by: Dastor.3546

Dastor.3546

@Hellzfire: it might be me, but your logic seems way off…
First of all, pretty much everything we do can be considered a serverside ‘thing’… Look, a tree I can chop down, that’s a serverside thing. Oh, I did 500 damage, that’s definitely a serverside thing. Look, other players, those are serverside things. Get a grib on reality dude, you’re playing an MMO, half of the game is loaded from the server, only a small part is actually done clientside, and that’s the static world (textures, unmovable/permanent objects etc.), everything that’s even remotely dynamic (walking NPCs, weather effects etc.) are all calculated serverside.
Now, even if you could get any useful information about upcoming dailies, why would someone buy low level crafting mats, if it’s not part of the achievement?
And if it is part of the daily, so far they come in bundles: gather 20 things and craft 10 things in 1 daily, which makes buying the mats very counter productive.

Apart from that, I have yet to see 1 daily that actually makes you go to a certain area. So far, they’re generic as hell and can be completed anywhere you want. So, you might sell your green wood logs, but I’ll be collecting soft wood, because I have a character who needs that.

(edited by Dastor.3546)

New Dailies

Posted by: Xephens.3217

Xephens.3217

How it is now..

1. Kill X amount of Y
2. Kill X amount of Y in a different way
3. Craft/collect/gather X amount of Y in 5 different ways!

= repetetive, grindy, no fun at all.

How it should be:

1. Kill the <insert name> champion at location X
2. Complete the dynamic event <insert name> at location Y
3. Complete explorable path X in dungeon Y
4. Finish jumping puzzle X

= forces players to group up and travel to certain areas. I’m already seeing people LFM Daily! to finish all the dailies at once with 1 group you formed in LA.

Too bad if you can’t finish a jumping puzzle because it’s too hard, maybe tomorrow there is a different daily without a JP or keep practicing. I don’t mind if its a bit more challeging, or i can’t complete a daily, tomorrow there is a new daily to try it again!

New Dailies

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

OH NO, I HAVE TO DEVIATE FROM MY FORMULA! BOO-kittenING-HOO!

You’re seriously complaining about the crafting achievement? Refine 10 of the most basic, worthless, materials you have around. There. Done. How long did that take you? A whole 12 seconds? Bloody hell, it must have ruined your day!

Yes, you were right (to some degree at least) to complain about the combo-field daily. It wasn’t working properly. They’ve removed it. There. You can stop panicking now, you won’t have to put 5 to 15 minutes of work with one friend (or, gasp, making passing conversation with a stranger) to complete that specific daily task…

Are the new dailies perfect and flawless? No. But they’re sure as hell better than they used to be. Not only do they offer better rewards (directly through laurels, and indirectly because karma is now useful), but they’re more varied than the same 4 kittening things over and over and over the kitten again: Kill mobs. Kill different mobs. Gather kitten. Complete events. Grind this every day for little to not benefit.

I don’t agree with everything this patch has done (the complete removal of the Rich Orichalcum Vein for one), but by god it has been a massive improvement overall. Yet all I hear is incessant and ungrateful whining, over the most inconsequential kitten… “Oh I have to recognize the existence of crafting in this game for at least 10 seconds now? Well now, that just rustles my jimmies!”. Seriously people…