New Dailies

New Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Don’t worry Duke, they removed combo killer, and know that even if you found someone, you weren’t guaranteed to have the achievement (cause of a bug).
You should still try to complete the dailies.
Some are so faster than the old ones in my opinion, it’s a great gain of time for doing something else.
When I come back from work, I know I’ll just do Jormag for having the 5-7 events, the dodges, and the Vets, the gathring arround the area, and take 10 seconds crafting.

New Dailies

Posted by: Duke.9854

Duke.9854

Don’t worry Duke, they removed combo killer, and know that even if you found someone, you weren’t guaranteed to have the achievement (cause of a bug).
Some are so faster than the old ones in my opinion, it’s a great gain of time for doing something else.
When I come back from work, I know I’ll just do Jormag for having the 5-7 events, the dodges, and the Vets, the gathring arround the area, and take 10 seconds crafting.

This seems quite a good routine. I will follow your suggestion and see what will happen.

Thanks mate for your time!

New Dailies

Posted by: Snapdragyn.1238

Snapdragyn.1238

I appreciate the idea of using the dailies to teach the game, but it’s having some unintended consquences.

‘Dodge’ daily on a ranger: mobs attack my pet almost without exception rather than me. Makes it kinda tough to get a dodge credit. I have to turn the pet to passive, & even then mobs will often throw a few hits at the pet that’s just standing there rather than attacking me as I’m pounding on them. Um….

So, here’s a daily that’s requiring me to DISABLE a class feature & run around intentionally playing my class WRONG in order to get the daily credit. Bad.

New Dailies

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

omg this is epic xDDD

New Dailies

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Thanks for the new dailies, now when I see the “dodger” or “crafter” I know its time to take a break from this game, because I will not be doing them at all, Its annoying to dodge npc attacks and the game simply fails at that. I dont really want to farm the mats or spend gold to complete the crafter. I am not going to spend hours trying to get the killing blow with combo, I will not bother trying to do a combo skill with my friends because we dont have hours to spend trying to hit abilities after abilities in specific order. I hate underwater combat so Underwater Kills is a no go for me,

They wrote:

“We want to give you the freedom to play the content that interests you. The list will change daily to provide an array of options for earning your laurels. Pick what interests you, play, and be rewarded!”

Basicly you gave me the freedom of having an option not to play this game whenever the dailies suck balls.

Earlier the dailies simply accompanied my gameplay, now you made them a chore, and I do not play games to do chores.

ok, now I’m confused, why are these a chore, and the previous ones weren’t?

Previous ones could be done while leveling, while helping friends who just started this game, basicly the previous dailies completed themselves for me while I leveled or played the way I wanted to play this game, for the new ones I have to make a stop and take a left turn instead of right turn. The new ones? Been trying to dodge stupid attacks for an hour, most of the times I just dont recive any damage, but it seems like I am doing it wrong, because I dont see any message, I just dont get hit by attacks…

If previous “dailies” could be finished just by naturally leveling then there is no reason to be rewarded for them. Leveling is its own reward for …well, leveling.
Why should we be rewarded, other than obtaining the next level, for things that jsut fall in line with what we are already doing?
Kind of falls in line with this generations view of all the children who participate in a sport should get a trophy, not just the ones who put in the hard work to win.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

New Dailies

Posted by: Dennis.6952

Dennis.6952

Okay, my perspective.

Adding variety to the dailies is fine. I get that some people don’t like gather and others are in areas where 15 different types of mobs are nearly impossible to find. So adding some variety is fine.

Adding variety without allowing players to cherry pick those requirements that suit their play style, well, not so good. It’s my understanding that the developers were or are going to allow players a choice. In that case, implementation of the new daily requirement variety should have been held in abeyance until it could be completely implemented.

I disagree with those that insist everyone should learn something because they feel it’s worthwhile or important. A problem I see pervading our entire culture.

Allow people to play and enjoy the game as they choose. Provide options for those that wish to play the game a bit differently, but allow for those that enjoyed it as it was to choose that option.

I see no problem with providing a “pick any five” daily requirements and let people choose what appeals to them rather than painting them into a corner.

Just my $.02

New Dailies

Daemonne.5018

Okay, my perspective.

Adding variety to the dailies is fine. I get that some people don’t like gather and others are in areas where 15 different types of mobs are nearly impossible to find. So adding some variety is fine.

Adding variety without allowing players to cherry pick those requirements that suit their play style, well, not so good. It’s my understanding that the developers were or are going to allow players a choice. In that case, implementation of the new daily requirement variety should have been held in abeyance until it could be completely implemented.

I disagree with those that insist everyone should learn something because they feel it’s worthwhile or important. A problem I see pervading our entire culture.

Allow people to play and enjoy the game as they choose. Provide options for those that wish to play the game a bit differently, but allow for those that enjoyed it as it was to choose that option.

I see no problem with providing a “pick any five” daily requirements and let people choose what appeals to them rather than painting them into a corner.

Just my $.02

Then you have people picking the 5 easiest dailies and the rest will be relegated to the trash bin.
“It’s too much trouble to slay 5 veterens, I’ll just go refine this ore I have collected for the easy Daily.”
“I don’t feel like dodging ever, I’ll just go revive 5 NPC’s at such n such spot”
Why would they instill a Daily into the rotation if the Devs didn’t want anybody to do it?
They coded and added it, we get to have it in our rotations.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

New Dailies

Daemonne.5018

Exactly, and the 10 seconds of crafting only needs to be refining the ore/logs you gathered into bars/planks. You don’t even have to truly craft anyhing. Not a crafter, toss them right onto the tp or wait a week and have more for the tp.

New Dailies

Posted by: Madderdin.3082

Madderdin.3082

Another dodger that takes hours, because you gotta dodge the very last second, not just avoid the damage. Kill 5 veterans, killed first, it didnt count, cba to see if next 15 might count for the 5, aspecially that finding them is a chore. I have no real reason to leave the mists now, just an hour of PvP and thats it.

New Dailies

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Another dodger that takes hours, because you gotta dodge the very last second, not just avoid the damage. Kill 5 veterans, killed first, it didnt count, cba to see if next 15 might count for the 5, aspecially that finding them is a chore. I have no real reason to leave the mists now, just an hour of PvP and thats it.

Just do the quick and easy version, go into WvW for a bit. Flip a couple camps, plenty of Vets and they count.

#TeamJadeQuarry

New Dailies

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

Now that they removed combo kills…there should be no more valid reason for complaint. Dailies shouldnt force you to ally with people. For those who arent a big fan of some of the new ones like daily crafter, arenanet will be making it so you can choose from a subset…hopefully we will see it next month.

In the meantime, the dailies are easily doable as is. For those who hate crafting, just refine materials.

For daily dodger,dodges are easier if your fighting multiple enemies at once.

For daily healer, can be done quickly by paying a visit to genderran fields north of nebo terrace.

New Dailies

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

Didnt read it all nor i will, so i’ll just give my 2 cents.

For the vet mobs requirement: Do any temple event in orr.
For the combo moves requirement: Do any temple event in orr.

Cant be that hard.

New Dailies

Daemonne.5018

I hate the changed dailies. The original ones weren’t a hassle, something everyone could complete in their own time and at their own pace. Now we’re dealing with things you HAVE to group for. I hate grouping, outside of PVP. I generally quit games that tell me grouping is the only way to go. I want to be in charge of my own time, and I detest standing around waiting for others.

I’m also really upset about finding ‘achievements’ which some of us are physically unable to do (twitch elements are rather hard on the physically handicapped). And I just don’t see the point in making people do things they absolutely loathe.

Can we please just get the old dailies back?

Which dailies do you have to group for? If you are talking about combo killer, that one is gone, Arenanet took it out of rotation.

Even combo killer didn’t require a group. I got mine putting up Feedback bubbles or Null Fields around the foe and letting someone else get the killing blow through the field. Worked like a charm.

Uhm… so basically you used a two person team, yes? Which means that formal group or no, you did not do it solo.

I didn’t know it has been removed for not working correctly when I posted. But that does not take away the fact that they DID intend to have this for an achievement, and that while some classes may be able to solo this, others cannot. And that many do not even know what a combo is, let alone how to use it. Which makes the whole thing ill-conceived from the start.

First off, ignorance of something, such as not knowing what a combo is or how to use it, should never be a valid excuse for anything.

Second, the reason (presumably as I am not a Dev and can only make an observation through opinion) that things like Dodge and Combo Killer (before it was removed because of bugginess) was to give people a reason to learn the mechanics.
What’s your reward for learning the mechanic…a finished daily and Laurel.

New Dailies

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Then you have people picking the 5 easiest dailies and the rest will be relegated to the trash bin.
“It’s too much trouble to slay 5 veterens, I’ll just go refine this ore I have collected for the easy Daily.”
“I don’t feel like dodging ever, I’ll just go revive 5 NPC’s at such n such spot”
Why would they instill a Daily into the rotation if the Devs didn’t want anybody to do it?

So long as anything that achieves your daily takes a reasonable amount of time (easy tasks would require more time involved, so 30 gathers as opposed to 5 veterans) I see no problem with allowing players to choose their activities. I think more than one activity should be done, but those activities should be your choice.

Why shouldn’t people be allowed to play the game the way they want? If they find it fun to do the easy stuff, what difference does it make to you? So long as it takes time to do, it is not a problem.

Arenanet wants us to play the game our way, so we really should be allowed to choose how we complete our daily achievements IMO.

Edit – I understand your theory that the dodge and combo achievements were added to show players these mechanics, but these really should have been added in the tutorial, as they are a major part of GW2’s combat system. Not that I mind these achievements, I think they are ok, I just feel these should have been explained to new players from day one. Not that I blame them too much though, as there is a lot to take in with GW2, so maybe adding them as achievements is the best method, so long as we have some kind of choice to how we do our dailies I have no objection to dodging and combos being part of that choice.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

New Dailies

Daemonne.5018

So long as anything that achieves your daily takes a reasonable amount of time (easy tasks would require more time involved, so 30 gathers as opposed to 5 veterans) I see no problem with allowing players to choose their activities. I think more than one activity should be done, but those activities should be your choice.

Why shouldn’t people be allowed to play the game the way they want? If they find it fun to do the easy stuff, what difference does it make to you? So long as it takes time to do, it is not a problem.

Arenanet wants us to play the game our way, so we really should be allowed to choose how we complete our daily achievements IMO.

I can agree with the easy ones taking longer, if choice of dailies were given.
Remember though, Dailies are a bonus, people can always choose NOT to do them. They aren’t game breaking.

Edit: Choice of Dailies, with at least one increased version of Dodge, Vet Killer, or whichever ones aren’t chosen by a player, each be completed once to fulfill the Monthy Requirement. Each Month.

(edited by Daemonne.5018)

New Dailies

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

Yes anet does wants us to play the game our way. they release the new achievement features that were ready this patch,unfortunately the choose which dailies thing isnt in this patch,hopefully we see it next patch.

In the meantime,doing the dailies is easily doable the way it is now as i said. For those who arent a big fan of daily crafter,just grin and bear it and craft stuff you can craft easily,like bolts of jute and stuff or choose to skip dailies on the days that have that one.

New Dailies

Daemonne.5018

Edit – I understand your theory that the dodge and combo achievements were added to show players these mechanics, but these really should have been added in the tutorial, as they are a major part of GW2’s combat system. Not that I mind these achievements, I think they are ok, I just feel these should have been explained to new players from day one. Not that I blame them too much though, as there is a lot to take in with GW2, so maybe adding them as achievements is the best method, so long as we have some kind of choice to how we do our dailies I have no objection to dodging and combos being part of that choice.

It may be too late as there are people who have completed the World Exploration but maybe Adding a couple of Heart quests in the starting areas, sort of like the ones where you pick up the rifle or the shield and learn to time shooting and blocking, for Dodging. Toss in ones for Combo Training in the areas leveled high enough for when all characters have them attainable.

New Dailies

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I can agree with the easy ones taking longer, if choice of dailies were given.
Remember though, Dailies are a bonus, people can always choose NOT to do them. They aren’t game breaking.

Edit: Choice of Dailies, with at least one increased version of Dodge, Vet Killer, or whichever ones aren’t chosen by a player, each be completed once to fulfill the Monthy Requirement. Each Month.

I agree, they are an optional bonus. But it does mean you will lose out on some nice rewards, just because you wanted to play the game your way, the way Anet wanted you to play it.

@riddleguy – Yeah, I’m not too worried about it, as the sellectable achievements Anet mentioned sound much better, so I am looking forward to those. And I too find the current dailies very easy to achieve. It’s just I’m a big believer in having freedom of choice, and when a company says they are providing it I tend to voice my opinions when things don’t quite go to plan.

I am happy to wait it out though and see what the next patch brings to this awesome game.

Edit @Daemonne – I like the idea of adding a kind of tutorial heart in the early areas. It could help players get to grips with these things at a casual pace.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

New Dailies

Posted by: Yenkin.5410

Yenkin.5410

As a casual player, often not being able to log on for anymore time then to do the old dailies, I was not happy to see that the new dailies have more time consuming tasks. It took me 15 minutes to do the 15 Attack Dodges. As an Elementalist and Archer, I don’t typically try to go toe to toe with mobs. I found myself going to a low level zone and dodging low level mobs to complete.

Also the killing of Veteran mobs, while it was only 5, finding 5 really sucked. Through between the Maw Event and the Giant Veteran Worm that pops near there I completed it. Reading some of the other tasks, required grouping that is going to suck as I don’t often group at all. It looks like Anet is trying to move towards Gear Grinding and the need to group. Which for a casual player that is going to suck.

New Dailies

Posted by: Melchiorum.2745

Melchiorum.2745

I am sorry to sound all negative, but I don’t really like where this is going. Not one little bit. Seriously, I love this game and I enjoy playing it. You know why? Because it does not try to force me into a certain way of playing. Instead, it allows me to choose. Well, it DID at least.

Who in the world thought this new dailies system was a good idea? Up until now they were not intrusive: just come and play, you will eventually get it. You were getting rewarded for playing, and that is how it’s supposed to be done. Who was the person, who came and said: "You know what? Let’s not reward people for playing as they like! Let’s artificially force them to do stuff they have no reason for doing! How about that? Oh, they don’t agree? Too bad, no rewards for ’em today! "

This may seem a minor thing. I mean, dailies are not the most important part of the game. However, these kinds of minor things do make me wonder where this game is headed to, and I can’t say I like what I see. Forcing people to play together? Forcing to craft? Is that your way of involving players into an every aspect of your game, instead of actually making the stuff interesting, so people would CHOOSE to do it? Well, thanks, but no, thanks. Your idea sucks, Arena.

People play together because they like it. People craft, because it’s useful. People dodge attacks, because that is one way of surviving. If they don’t do that… Well, they DON’T find it entertaining. It is that simple. What’s the point in forcing people to do any of these things just to get a daily reward? I don’t get what you are trying to accomplish here. If that is how “diversity” and “fun” is introduced in this game, I’m afraid I can’t understand your concept of fun. Being encouraged to do mindless tasks just for the sake of doing them is somewhere on the opposite pole of the universe from an actual “fun”.

You just killed a small part of the game for me, pushing it closer towards the mindless grind fest.

(edited by Melchiorum.2745)

New Dailies

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

As a casual player, often not being able to log on for anymore time then to do the old dailies, I was not happy to see that the new dailies have more time consuming tasks. It took me 15 minutes to do the 15 Attack Dodges. As an Elementalist and Archer, I don’t typically try to go toe to toe with mobs. I found myself going to a low level zone and dodging low level mobs to complete.

Also the killing of Veteran mobs, while it was only 5, finding 5 really sucked. Through between the Maw Event and the Giant Veteran Worm that pops near there I completed it. Reading some of the other tasks, required grouping that is going to suck as I don’t often group at all. It looks like Anet is trying to move towards Gear Grinding and the need to group. Which for a casual player that is going to suck.

You could have done what I did, Just charge into a cluster of enemies, and start rolling. Got all my dodges pretty quickly as every enemy in the group fired at me simultaneously. One dodge netted me 6 evades at once. All with my engineer.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

New Dailies

Daemonne.5018

I am sorry to sound all negative, but I don’t really like where this is going. Not one little bit. Seriously, I love this game and I enjoy playing it. You know why? Because it does not try to force me into a certain way of playing. Instead, it allows me to choose. Well, it DID at least.

Who in the world thought this new dailies system was a good idea? Up until now they were not intrusive: just come and play, you will eventually get it. You were getting rewarded for playing, and that is how it’s supposed to be done. Who was the person, who came and said: "You know what? Let’s not reward people for playing as they like! Let’s artificially force them to do stuff they have no reason for doing! How about that? Oh, they don’t agree? Too bad, no rewards for ’em today! "

This may seem a minor thing. I mean, dailies are not the most important part of the game. However, these kinds of minor things do make me wonder where this game is headed to, and I can’t say I like what I see. Forcing people to play together? Forcing to craft? Is that your way of involving players into an every aspect of your game, instead of actually making the stuff interesting, so people would CHOOSE to do it? Well, thanks, but no, thanks. Your idea sucks, Arena.

People play together because they like it. People craft, because it’s useful. People dodge attacks, because that is one way of surviving. If they don’t do that… Well, they DON’T find it entertaining. It is that simple. What’s the point in forcing people to do any of these things just to get a daily reward? I don’t get what you are trying to accomplish here. If that is how “diversity” and “fun” is introduced in this game, I’m afraid I can’t understand your concept of fun. Being encouraged to do mindless tasks just for the sake of doing them is somewhere on the opposite pole of the universe from an actual “fun”.

You just killed a small part of the game for me, pushing it closer towards the mindless grind fest.

I’m sorry but I cannot get past the whole"forcing" portion of your post.
Dailies are optional.

New Dailies

Melchiorum.2745

I’m sorry but I cannot get past the whole"forcing" portion of your post.
Dailies are optional.

Yeah, they are. So is playing the game in general. Does that make it wise to cluck it up, encouraging grinding? If you want the reward, you are forced to do stuff you have no reason for doing.

(edited by Melchiorum.2745)

New Dailies

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I completed my daily today while doing a dungeon run without even realizing at first. So hard, right? :P

New Dailies

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I’m willing to keep trying to new daillies to judge how they work out, but it’s interesting to hear others sharing my apprehension after first trying them and seeing the rewards.

Previously I did not pay much attention to Daillies. If I happened to be playing long enough to have naturally gotten a good chunk I might round out the night and finish the Achievement. It was nice optional way to conclude the session but if I didn’t do it, it never felt like I was missing anything.

The laurel rewards look unexpectedly nice, however, particularly ones like the boosts and crafting stuff since I deliberately started avoiding crafting since it was such a money sink. Those kits and bags could really help with getting my crafting to something I can actually use while leveling my character.

And that means I will be actively trying to get the Daily Achievements much more often. Maybe that’s a good thing, I’ll have to see.

But I’ve already found myself doing non-fun techniques to finish the achievement like not killing a mob just so I could repeatedly dodge its attacks. It was only one fight and it did not take that long but that was something I never did with the previous Daillies. But I don’t think I like seeing that change in how I was playing GW2.

Again I’ll have to see how daillies turn out. My concern may not valid at all but regardless of that, the change certainly has brought a very sharp and very directed focus onto something that previously was just an amusing option.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

New Dailies

Melchiorum.2745

But I’ve already found myself doing non-fun techniques to finish the achievement like not killing a mob just so I could repeatedly dodge its attacks.

That is exactly what I mean. Who would want to do that?
Also, crafting. Personally, I don’t do it. I don’t like it. I know my opinion should not apply to everyone, but shouldn’t such things as crafting be done to get useful stuff and not to complete a daily achievement? What’s fun about running to the city and crafting a bunch of crap just to get it over with?

New Dailies

Posted by: ubergoober.3219

ubergoober.3219

really hate the daily/monthly system…especially when its an activity that i choose to ignore…. dailies havent ben so bad so far…although i do hate crafting. My monthly includes finding jumping puzzles. I really dislike jumping puzzles….finding them is annoying enough especially when the game doesn’t count them as found. The second this turns to completing jumping puzzles is when GW2 gets deleted.

New Dailies

DoctorOverlord.8620

Such is my concern. I am never in favor of mechanics that try to induce players to do things they would not normally feel like doing. I heartily agree with the attitudes towards things like crafting and jumping puzzles. I want them to be in the game because I will do them when I’m in the mood, but the game should not push players toward them or mixing them together with other gameplay mechanics.

For example, I don’t mind if a jumping puzzle leads to a secret, cool location or a chest. But putting skill challenges or vistas behind a complex jumping puzzle is mixing content in a way that doesn’t work IMO. It’s like saying burgers are good and chocolate is good so it must be even better to throw them both into a blender.

But I’m remaining hopeful regarding the new daily achievements. I think the daily system will likely work much better with the future plans where we can pick to do only some, rather than all, of the requirements. I think that could improve the system and allow people to avoid the elements they don’t like, which would be great.

It’s curious why ArenaNet did not release the new dailies with that choice option, but perhaps they intended to ease people into the new system.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

New Dailies

Daemonne.5018

But I’ve already found myself doing non-fun techniques to finish the achievement like not killing a mob just so I could repeatedly dodge its attacks.

Also, crafting. Personally, I don’t do it. I don’t like it. I know my opinion should not apply to everyone, but shouldn’t such things as crafting be done to get useful stuff and not to complete a daily achievement? What’s fun about running to the city and crafting a bunch of crap just to get it over with?

Technically you can get useful stuff out of teh Daily Crafting. You refine Ore/Logs into Bars/Planks and toss em onto the TP. They’ll disappear in no time. Daily for Profit.

New Dailies

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The timing on dodging to trigger the “evaded” proc is quite a bit more skill intensive than just using the dodge mechanic effectively. Still, in order to trigger the achievement counter they had to use the “evaded” proc. I get that it would be difficult if not impossible to grant credit for just “not taking damage.”

I went from 0/15 to 9/15 in one second (an event with a bunch of raptors attacking caravan guard NPC’s). One dodge, 9 credit. Then, I went through 4 more events with only getting 1 credit. Still dodging attacks, but not the right way.

I’ve been dodging attacks since the BWE’s. Who knew I was doing it wrong all this time? I assumed, since I wasn’t taking damage, I was doing it right. Live ’n learn.

New Dailies

Melchiorum.2745

I think it will likely work much better with the future plans where we can pick to do only some, rather than all, of the requirements. That is the part keeping me hopeful about the whole thing.

I totally agree. When (if?) they do it, I will take my words back. I don’t understand why wouldn’t they include it into this update while still implementing the new system.

New Dailies

Posted by: Aethena.7609

Aethena.7609

I really like the new dailies, but definitely think that ANet should have released the ‘4 of 6’ choice system at the same time. If it wasn’t going to be ready now, they should have just delayed introducing the new dailies until they could both be introduced at once.

New Dailies

Daemonne.5018

I really like the new dailies, but definitely think that ANet should have released the ‘4 of 6’ choice system at the same time. If it wasn’t going to be ready now, they should have just delayed introducing the new dailies until they could both be introduced at once.

Ahh but by not releasing the choice along with the new Dailies, they can make sure all the Dailies get tested instead of the less then choice ones get ignored.

New Dailies

DoctorOverlord.8620

I’ve been dodging attacks since the BWE’s. Who knew I was doing it wrong all this time? I assumed, since I wasn’t taking damage, I was doing it right. Live ’n learn.

lol My guardian heals on dodges so I’ll keep spamming it

But maybe that was part of the reason ArenaNet put in the requirement? They may have been seeing the entire playerbase spamming dodges all the time when it wasn’t necessary and ArenaNet finally figured out that their players thought they were doing things right.

I’ve said before that a tutorial at the start of the game might have helped clear up things like usage of the dodge mechanic but perhaps this daily requirement will serve to show people now that the game is released.

@Melchiorum and @Aethena – I can see ArenaNet being worried that the new system plus laurels might be too much for people to figure out so they only released it piecemeal.

ArenaNet has historically let the community stumble around blindly rather than providing information about mechanics in a consistent and clear way. Speaking of which, I’m still waiting for someone to post somewhere about what’s in those crafting kits. There’s absolutely NO reason not to state what’s in them, any ‘mystery’ will vanish the second someone posts anything on the Internet so it’s pointless and annoying not to provide the information upfront.

New Dailies

Posted by: Eddard.2930

Eddard.2930

I like the new dailies. I like getting level appropriate stuff (for my true level) in the areas where I’m levelled down. It makes it fun to go back to areas I’ve already explored.

There sound like there are a few hiccups in some of the dailies but hopefully they won’t last long.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming like the people in his car.

New Dailies

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

What have I started O.o

New Dailies

Posted by: Saber CZ.9045

Saber CZ.9045

Sry my wrong English. What changing functional archv.? Where’s logic? What less tug with cosmetic adjustment and more work for foolproof guild halls (as in GW1) or new locations (or open up old GW1 locations with new face)?

Give to us old daily and new daily can be separate archv. for s/m players

New Dailies

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Ahh but by not releasing the choice along with the new Dailies, they can make sure all the Dailies get tested instead of the less then choice ones get ignored.

That’s what a public test server is for. But wait, GW2 doesn’t have one. The Live servers shouldn’t be a beta test, nor should the player base sub for the QA department.

New Dailies

DoctorOverlord.8620

The problem I see with all the players crying about dodge is most likely centered on the fact that these players DON’T use dodge – WoW is that way —-——————>

Wrong. The problem is that some players have developed the habit of dodging early, thus avoiding any damage but never activating the Evade proc needed for the achievement. This achievement showed this is how I play and I needed to deliberately change my timing to get the Evade proc. During the normal course of playing, I am successfully avoiding damage but not getting the proc simply because of my timing is slightly different than other players.

There are others who have expressed the same thing on this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Daily-Dodger-3/page/2#post1334913

Don’t assume that just because you don’t understand a viewpoint that it is not based on legitimate reasons.

That’s what a public test server is for. But wait, GW2 doesn’t have one. The Live servers shouldn’t be a beta test, nor should the player base sub for the QA department.

There is that. It is curious not seeing a Public Test Server. I would think it would be a useful source of data.

New Dailies

Posted by: lius.5439

lius.5439

lol

yes the previous was good and not repetitive at all. ehehehh

Nobody forces you to do dailies. And nobody forces you to play at all. This topic is an epic whine fest

Beat me to it. I can’t believe this thread is still alive. The dalies are easy. No matter which ones you get. You put more effort into the crying than you do achieving.

[CAP] The most dangerous group of people you never heard of.

[TWL] Darius Stealthlius teh thief. (SoR)

New Dailies

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

the new daily really works as a feature to help some player to experience some features in the game, and play it better..

I really don’t think the daily should be used as a game tutorial, but that’s my opinion.

New Dailies

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Got today’s daily, though was worried a bit about getting Veterans Achievement but managed it. Final one I found a Veteran Ram and finished it off. Got a nice gamut of different type of veterans overall and fought with some nice folk.

All it takes is getting creative on ways to get the dailies done. This is definitely stretching my abilities and getting me to try things I have not tried yet. Achievements should take a bit of work to get, that is why they are achievements.

New Dailies

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Saying that dailies should reward you just for logging in sound a bit entitled to me. Dailies are there for a reason and giving you free stuff for logging in should really have never been one of them. Not to mention the fact that none of the new dailies are particularly hard or time consuming. If you want them, you’ll do them. It’s that simple.

There are plenty of people who felt the old dailies were broken and I’m one of them. They were completely taken for granted. It was the same every day and you always got them. I’d much rather have dailies that require me to do something different each day. It takes 20, maybe 30 minutes to do these dailies. Anyway who chooses not to do them, well that’s a choice.

Doesn’t mean everyone was happy with them before they changed though.

New Dailies

Posted by: DoubleUnder.9052

DoubleUnder.9052

the new daily really works as a feature to help some player to experience some features in the game, and play it better..

I really don’t think the daily should be used as a game tutorial, but that’s my opinion.

^^^^This +100

New Dailies

Posted by: machine.2859

machine.2859

plain and simple….. Anet you kittened up on the daily update, better revert back on this one before too many get mad and just say the he** with GW2 lol, too many changes at once and in the wrong directions…..

yes I myself like and dislike the daily changes. more dislikes by far and EVERY guild member says same thing LOL.

GO BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN ANET!

New Dailies

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Daily Laurel Vendor made me laugh for some reason.

New Dailies

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Please don’t listen to the people griping about this. The old system of dailies was stale and didn’t offer much incentive to complete other than to nab the Mystic Coin.

The new system may have some silly tasks that could be weeded out (talking to a laurel merchant, maybe the dodge one), but it’s not a big deal. The dailies change and I like that. Every day is something different, and I personally think it’s a great step in the right direction.

Hoopa doopa.

New Dailies

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

@DODGING

There is never any reason to dodge at the very last millisecond before an attack strikes you. There is rarely ever any reason to dodge a normal attack. If you are worth a lick of salt you will save your endurance to dodge the big attacks/knockdowns/knockbacks/stuns/whatever – the things that matter. And you will do it way before the animation finishes, not at the very last moment.

Apparently, some people just have poor reflexes and frequently dodge at the last moment. On my thief I dodge multiple times per fight, sometimes with abilities other than dodge. Yet I still have to run into a group of mobs and dodge roll randomly to get this achievement? I don’t think it is teaching anybody good dodging skills. If anything it is teaching new players how to dodge incorrectly. At the very least, I’m being penalized for being proficient at dodging while people who can’t see the attacks coming are being rewarded.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go aggro and then dodge roll a half dozen random mobs to finish my daily… Like a good GW2 player. :rolleyes:

(edited by Zonzai.2341)

New Dailies

Posted by: Dennis.6952

Dennis.6952

Allow me to respond to each of your points specifically:

Daemonne.5018:

Response:
And you personally have a problem with this? The way people choose to play their game?

Daemonne.5018:
“It’s too much trouble to slay 5 veterens, I’ll just go refine this ore I have collected for the easy Daily.”[/quote]

Response:
Certainly not, if I choose to slay them. Again, why do you care if I choose to refine ore for an easy daily?

Daemonne.5018:
“I don’t feel like dodging ever,

Response:
Excellent point, my feelings exactly!

Daemonne.5018:
I’ll just go revive 5 NPC’s at such n such spot"

Response:
I think that’s a viable choice should I choose it. Again, you seem to have a problem with people’s choices?

Daemonne.5018:

Response:
This question seems to be troubling a lot of people.

Daemonne.5018:

Response:
It seems the change while well intended was ill conceived.

As a rebuttal:
The game was designed to not be a grind, and this change hasn’t done a thing to further that goal.

If anything it has soured some people who only have a short period of time to play during the week, and doing dailies in an hour or so was a productive way to spend their time.

Incorporating obscure combat moves to meet daily requirements is IMO an unwise move.
While some may argue that it’s good for us to know these moves, I prefer to play my own game the way I choose to play it. In the same way I choose the foods I eat and beverages I consume (much to the chagrin of certain constituencies that profess to know what’s best).

New Dailies

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I have no issue with daily variety, I just think they should be reasonable. I don’t think someone having to train crafting, completely change up their playstyle, or have to group* falls under that category.

• Even though they removed “Combo Killer” it’s still evidence to their mindset in terms of what changes they have/had planned.