New Dailies

New Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Katmix.5721

Katmix.5721

My opinion the old dailes were better , could get them done while questing.
Veteran kills ,wasnt hard but a pain to go out of my way to find some to kill
Dodge – i rarely dodge i prefer to move around a lot
Craft – probably not going to happen unless i need to go back to town

After several hours i still had only done 40% , needless to say i dont think much of the new dailies and prefer the old ones.

New Dailies

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

I am perplexed by the “revive allies” within the daily achievements. Last night some people were camping and everyone was competing to revive NPC’s.

I was under the assumption that Guild Wars 2 was not supposed to require players to complete for “resources.” Guess what, reviving “X” allies in the daily’s = player Vs player competition for limited dead NPC’s!

You do know that everyone who gets at least 1 tick of healing in gets credit for the revive right? The only way people could be “competing” for the revive is if they actually reached the rez cap (wiki doesn’t list the specific cap, but I think it’s 10). Methinks you’re just another one of the many people in this thread making things up to try support a bad argument.

New Dailies

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I want to see moar crying over Dailies.
ArenaNet, please add a “Daily Player Kills” category, so that people are “forced” to play sPVP / Wuvwuv.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

New Dailies

Posted by: Ankara.4308

Ankara.4308

I like the old dailys, bring them back. the new ones suck. DIDNt take me long to do them before, now it takes forever with what limited time i have each day after work, seems like all i have time to do now is my dailies as they take so long to search out and finish, i dont have time for nothing else. kitten

New Dailies

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

These new “dailies” are actually a hidden/disguised nerf to the dailies in my opinion. They made them harder to complete because they don’t want anyone getting any karma.

Crafting 10 items daily? That is ridiculous.

New Dailies

Mungrul.9358

Tim, it has been said multiple times, but exactly what is ridiculous about crafting 10 Green Wood Planks or 10 Copper Ingots?

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.

New Dailies

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

These new “dailies” are actually a hidden/disguised nerf to the dailies in my opinion. They made them harder to complete because they don’t want anyone getting any karma.

Of all the new dailies you have to complain about, you gon complain about crafting which takes less than 30 seconds? Seriously dude? ._.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

New Dailies

Posted by: Dastor.3546

Dastor.3546

@ProxyDamage: the dailies are just as generic and boring as before.

Oh are they? How exactly are the new task “as generic and boring” as repeating the exact 4 kittening tasks every single day? Saying you don’t like the new ones is an opinion. Saying they’re equally generic and boring to the old ones is simply factually and demonstrably wrong.

I don’t get how you’re so easily fooled, but:

-revive 15 allies < BORING
-kill 5 veterans < same as killing 60 mobs, boring!
-kill 13 different kinds of creatures < wow, 2 less than usual? BORING!
-gather 20 things < they didn’t even bother to change this one
-craft 10 useless items < sure, it’s quick, but still: BORING!
-kill 25 underwater creatures < OMGSOF’INGBORING! I hate underwater combat in this game
-complete 5 events, every day < well, I kinda like it, but because it’s just the same as pre-patch: BORING!

These are not the dailies we were promised!

As opposed to doing the same 4 kittening tasks every single day? Was that somehow better and more enjoyable for you? Was it better when they only rewarded Karma, and Karma was a kittening useless currency? Did they also issue a statement saying “Welp, that’s it! That’s all we’re doing with daily quests!”? I must have missed it.

Get off your kitten people.

Completing the same 4 tasks every day that actually were based around general gameplay wasn’t a task by itself. Now, to complete the dailies, you actually have to stop playing the way you like to play, and focus on dailies.
Like the dodging, it took me a long time, because usually I kill my opponents from a distance, without having to dodge even once. Run around a little, kill kill kill. Easy. Now, I actually had to stop using abilities, stand still and wait for an incoming attack to get the ‘evade’ and more often than not, I had to wait a long time to get that evade as well, because you have to wait until the last second to dodge.
Killing 13 instead of 15 variety mobs? It’s the same as before. Killing 50 instead of 60 mobs, same as before. Gathering 20 things, same as before. Completing 5 events, same as before, but I still like events so no problem there, except that there are too few different kinds of events. They’re all pretty much the same, and they start to become boring after leveling 4 characters to 80.
Reviving 10 NPCs, easily done, but still, I have to go look for NPCs to revive now. It’s boring.

The only ‘new’ thing they added is crafting 10 things, and that’s just lame. Is that really all they can come up with?

We were promised dailies that would draw us to specific areas. I rather like a daily mission that gets me out of my usual game, but not out of my usual playstyle. I would love it to force me to go to Caledon Forest on one day, and to Fields of Ruins the next. As I said before, I love small specific tasks, even if it means grouping up with others. The thing about this is that a lot of people are doing the dailies, so why not combine forces and actually do something awesome like downing a champion, or a dragon, or a specific dungeon boss?
These new dailies are just as generic and boring as before, because they didn’t change. They only added a couple of ‘variations’ of the old, boring dailies. Sure, you get a laurel for it and that’s the only interesting part about them.

I’d love to get like 1 or 2 really specific tasks like killing a specific dragon or champion somewhere. That way a lot of people will be traveling to the same location, will be grouping up to conquer that 1 enemy and it will make you explore more than you might do by yourself. It won’t take much longer than the current time needed to complete the dailies solo, but it will feel more epic. And isn’t that what this game should be about? Doing something epic with a group of friends?

New Dailies

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

daily crafter is really annoying me. i don’t craft on any characters and i don’t enjoy spending money on the materials needed to craft.

i ended up making piles of salt and pepper and i disliked it immensely. everyone needs to kill enemies and dodge and all that, but not everyone crafts and not everyone wants to.

i would love to see crafting removed so i never have to do it again.

As I said above:

You need to gather as well. Gather logs or ore (T1 stuff). Turn them into ingots and planks. Done. No money required. And crafting isn’t there all days either.

it takes 10 ore things and 1 tin thing to make an ingot. that means gathering 100 copper ores or buying them for 13 s 50 c.

three guesses which one is cheaper: salt and pepper or ingots.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

New Dailies

Posted by: hellchamp.5412

hellchamp.5412

You people really are lazy these daily quests take 40 minutes if that, seems you all want something for nothing. There is no grind to this game the only grind is reading all the posts on the forums of cry babys.

New Dailies

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Haven’t read through all of this, but are the dailies resetting sooner than the old dailies?

I remember being able to complete dailies over a couple of nights, now they seem to reset each night.

Just curious… will limit the number of dailies i can complete per week to 2.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

New Dailies

Posted by: Selebrity.7469

Selebrity.7469

I am perplexed by the “revive allies” within the daily achievements. Last night some people were camping and everyone was competing to revive NPC’s.

I was under the assumption that Guild Wars 2 was not supposed to require players to complete for “resources.” Guess what, reviving “X” allies in the daily’s = player Vs player competition for limited dead NPC’s!

You do know that everyone who gets at least 1 tick of healing in gets credit for the revive right? The only way people could be “competing” for the revive is if they actually reached the rez cap (wiki doesn’t list the specific cap, but I think it’s 10). Methinks you’re just another one of the many people in this thread making things up to try support a bad argument.

Now I know why I dont always get heal updates. I though either it was a bug or that I didnt have time to heal enough (competing). But its bc of 10 cap (competing).
I want to and try to do most of the daily while playing normally. So I thougjt I was done with the healing after plinx last champion event. The mob is buffed? Anyway ppl were eating dust left and right 2 nights back to back and I counted 12 rezzes the last night in that event. I got 6 updates…

New Dailies

Posted by: Generator Gawl.5142

Generator Gawl.5142

i like doing the dailies. it gives me a purpose instead of just grinding events and hearts. i would like to see them bring the tiers back tho. it was nice to get that xp for the incremental progress.

New Dailies

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

daily crafter is really annoying me. i don’t craft on any characters and i don’t enjoy spending money on the materials needed to craft.

i ended up making piles of salt and pepper and i disliked it immensely. everyone needs to kill enemies and dodge and all that, but not everyone crafts and not everyone wants to.

i would love to see crafting removed so i never have to do it again.

As I said above:

You need to gather as well. Gather logs or ore (T1 stuff). Turn them into ingots and planks. Done. No money required. And crafting isn’t there all days either.

it takes 10 ore things and 1 tin thing to make an ingot. that means gathering 100 copper ores or buying them for 13 s 50 c.

three guesses which one is cheaper: salt and pepper or ingots.

Logs to Boards would be cheapest.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

New Dailies

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Am I the only one happy with the new system? All the other posts are complaining….

New Dailies

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

I swear this game feels like a subscription model now.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

New Dailies

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

- For those who do dodge – wow, I’m really mis-timing these aren’t I? Time to improve myself! This is a good thing.

Incorrect. By dodging early you can successfully avoid damage but you do not proc the Evade which is what counts for the achievement.

I never really paid much attention to this because I was avoiding damage but after the achievement I decided to test it. I can avoid the proc on melee attacks, ranged attacks and AoE circles. I have to deliberately change my timing and wait until the last moment to activate the proc and it feels very unnatural. If I was just playing the game the way I usually play (early dodging) I’d never get that achievement.

If the intent was to get some people to realize you can dodge who have never tried it, that’s okay. But that doesn’t mean it’s teaching people the right way to dodge IMO. I prefer doing it early even if it means I don’t proc the Evade.

(I still think a dodge tutorial at the start of the game would have been a better solution if that was part of the intent of it)

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

New Dailies

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Personally, I dislike the new daily format.

I’m a completionist. Once I enter a zone, for the lack of a better term, I am off into the wilds. I tend to stay afield for a long while moving from quest to quest until I finish the zone.

The old dailies were completed in the background of my normal play routine. It was always a nice surprise to finish them but I never had to change my questing just to facilitate a game mechanic.

Now I have to choose between my regular gameplay and finishing the dailies. “but you don’t have to do them you say” Read line two. Throwing away the rewards is irritating.

I don’t want to have to go back to a lowbie zone just to find 5 events. I don’t want to have to go visit a specific vendor I have zero use for. I want to play the game instead of fight a mechanic of the game.

Dailies have become a nuisance; a very petty nuisance in execution but they have taken a great stride away from the simplicity of the previous methodology.

Well put. I think that sums it up for me. The original dailies were made to be performed during routine play. The new dailies are constructs requiring us to specifically try to finish them. I’m not sure why they thought this would be a good thing.

New Dailies

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I’ve been fine with the new dailies. Most of them I can complete, without partying, during the normal course of play, I just have to make a quick check and see if I want to be joining events, or tracking down vets or whatever. It isn’t that much more work, at all especially since I don’t have to scroll through the hero panel to get to them.

Thaumanova Reactor is perfect for kill variety and healing, crafting takes all of a minute, maybe. Even combo finishing isn’t that bad. Hang around events with other people, you don’t have to be partied with them for the combo to count, your kill just has to go through their field. Follow an elementalist or a staff Necro around if you want to be really sure to get it, they have fields galore.

New Dailies

Posted by: Premium.4075

Premium.4075

I dont mind them but some of them are pretty dumb, I am glad its 1 tier, I was doing the revive 10 and if that went to tier 3 and i had to revive like 30+ i’d of been so kitten

But what annoys me is the 1 Laurel lol feels like a grind to me to obtain the best gear, which is what i thought GW2 was supposed to not be about. Oh well will still do it.

New Dailies

Posted by: Haworth.4561

Haworth.4561

I don’t like the new dailies.

There is one thing I like very much about them however, and that is, that the rewards could make the playing ground more even in WvW, since everyone now have access to ascended amulets and rings.

However for that one have to grind the dailies.

I miss how Guild Wars 2 was in the betas, and when the game was new. I would just log in and play how much I wanted, and do whatever I wanted to do. And the playing ground in WvW was pretty even, since everyone was running around in green gear.

I didn’t do the dailies much actually, since luckily the reward was only some karma and some silver, and maybe a black lion key or a transmutation stone, if one was lucky, so it wasn’t necessary as such to grind them.

Unfortunately gear does make a lot of difference in the game as it is today, especially in WvW. And I feel that I almost only have the choice of grinding the dailies if I want to continue playing in WvW, since I’m hopelessly out-geared already, and since gear matters so much.

Obviously this is better than only having the choice of grinding fractals, to be able to play WvW, however I’d rather just if I could just play WvW and help defending the castles and have fun.

My suggestion would be the following: Let the dailies be about karma, xp and silver, and a black lion key, transmutation stone, or a tonic once in a while, and some titles. But give everyone who logs in, the free daily laurel, and let them play WvW, sPvP, roleplay, explore, craft, or sit somewhere on a mountain top and just enjoy the music, or whatever they want to.

I know some will say, “Oh, but you have to work for the rewards, it’s an mmo after all”, but I know that I have defended more castles and dolyaks in WvW than any of those who would say that. And it’s a game after all, and it’s supposed to be just good fun and happy moments.

Piken Square – Unofficial EU roleplaying server.

New Dailies

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

I honestly cannot wait for the option to choose. The number of trolls out there making sure that NPCs do not die have tripled in areas for those that are trying to do the healing. Dailies used to be fun and now it seems every 30 seconds someone is asking someone else to die for them, where there are veterans or what events are up.

Combo kills are no longer a requirement thankfully. The healing needs to go. By the time I get to an area where people have gone down the general map has irritated me so badly that I am sorely tempted to leave them. I’m boycotting the dailies every time the healing one comes up. The laurels are nice but I can live without them.

SF
OTR

New Dailies

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The one thing I’ve noticed is that I don’t seem to get the same amount of experience for the daily as I did before they changed. Perhaps it is the change in not having as many tiers per achievement. I miss the experience. Other than that I get the achievement completed more quickly.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

New Dailies

Posted by: UrielHex.9851

UrielHex.9851

Dailies in general are a terrible idea. First of all, they completely go against the “play how you want”.

How is this true? You don’t have to do dailys.

Does no one play for fun anymore?

You do if you want Ascended Amulets, or the new infusions, or any of the new rewards exclusive to laurels.

So you want them but with much easier dailies? Maybe we should be rewarded for just loggin in. You don’t actually need them to enjoy the game.

New Dailies

Posted by: phototed.6192

phototed.6192

So much kitten over dailies. Complaints over the old and new.

New Dailies

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

So much kitten over dailies. Complaints over the old and new.

^This

18 pages….All over something that is done by normal play. Only if you do not have time in a certain 24 hour period do dailies become something more of a chore.

I do mine every other day. Start around an hour or two before they reset, finish the first daily, wait for it to reset, do the next. Takes around 2-3 hours of normal play every other day for me.

I think some here are just hanging around to debate and nitpick.

New Dailies

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

Undeniably it’s created a situation of non-cooperation in PvE which is sad and against the norm. I think the healing thing needs to go.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

New Dailies

Mungrul.9358

I still want combo-killer back. You can tell that now they’ve removed it from the list, that list is a little too short and the same ones tend to repeat too often.

New Dailies

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

My only grief is the reviving. Everything else happens pretty naturally, but the reviving tends to not happen very naturally. It’s easy to do, because there are certain hearts, like bloodyfield in gendarran area, that have dead bodies around, but the fact is I still have to go out of my way to do it before reset.

Sometimes it will happen naturally in wvw, dungeons, etc. but usually not all 10.

For the record, I love the new system and prefer it to the old dailies, but I am a little sad that there is a lot less experience from completing them now.

RIP in peace Robert

New Dailies

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Daily healer isn’t too bad if you do a dungeon… people tend to go down alot! The only real problem i have with dailies is the reset time. I don’t know why they decided to go with 6pm cst, but it’s nonsensical. I’ve played games with overnight and japanese midnight (10am cst) start times, and they’ve all felt more intuitive. It’s odd to remember the reset falls right in primetime like that.

New Dailies

Posted by: Neurochazm.5370

Neurochazm.5370

Daily healer isn’t too bad if you do a dungeon… people tend to go down alot! The only real problem i have with dailies is the reset time. I don’t know why they decided to go with 6pm cst, but it’s nonsensical. I’ve played games with overnight and japanese midnight (10am cst) start times, and they’ve all felt more intuitive. It’s odd to remember the reset falls right in primetime like that.

They chose Midnight GMT as the reset time as it is probably easier to calculate your time zone from there. Most people don’t know how far ahead or behind CST they are, but most if not all know their time relative to GMT.

I believe in a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown.

New Dailies

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

The TROLL FESTIVAL IS THAT WAY —-———————————->

Undeniably it’s created a situation of non-cooperation in PvE which is sad and against the norm. I think the healing thing needs to go.

Healing friendlies does not take long, it also promotes players to heal event-based NPCs; which may aleviate bugs asociated with broken DEs. Also, the degree of non-cooperation in PvE would not have increased; actually, from my perspective, I find that it has improved.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

New Dailies

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

My only grief is the reviving. Everything else happens pretty naturally, but the reviving tends to not happen very naturally. It’s easy to do, because there are certain hearts, like bloodyfield in gendarran area, that have dead bodies around, but the fact is I still have to go out of my way to do it before reset.

Sometimes it will happen naturally in wvw, dungeons, etc. but usually not all 10.

For the record, I love the new system and prefer it to the old dailies, but I am a little sad that there is a lot less experience from completing them now.

What I find (and it might just be my experience since daily heals) is during an event when someone is downed EVERYONE stops attacking the mob/champ etc to revive the downed player. This can be very funny to see but it doesn’t do much for completing the task at hand… :P