New Legendary Effects - Share your vids/pics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

So part of the patch notes include new and improved legendary effects! I compiled a list of available videos and images thus far…

The Dreamer:

http://youtu.be/pFEJWJ4XtCU?hd=1 (By Fay)
http://i.imagebanana.com/img/zhv2jjng/gw093.jpg (By Dauni)
http://i.imgur.com/9d3Lmrs.jpg (By Unknown)
http://i.imgur.com/W3m08N1.jpg (By AidanCrann)
http://i.imgur.com/0eMVZ09.jpg (By AidanCrann)
http://i.imgur.com/PITxMD3.jpg (By Stealthy Sane)
The Moot:

http://youtu.be/dZgcJbyk3fM?hd=1 (By Unknown)

Quip:

http://i.imgur.com/9W6QzBA.jpg (Equip By Shompie)
http://i.imgur.com/Zj3QYyk.jpg (Footprints By Shompie)
http://i.imgur.com/fl3W3QR.jpg (Glow Effect By Shompie)

The Predator:

http://i.imgur.com/klcVt9O.jpg (Glow Effect)

Frenzy:

http://i.imgur.com/bcMWGB7.png?1 (By Puru)

The Howler:

http://youtu.be/jilfRS0EuhE?hd=1 (By Ivanityy)
http://i.imgur.com/IBYsOvm.jpg (Equip)
http://i.imgur.com/zAX66GB.jpg (Glow Effect)

Sources/Credit: Reddit and Pictures/Videos posted by various people

Additional Pictures to be found here:

I got some high res pics of the moot, quip, predator and the dreamer if anyone want to see. Unfortunately can’t find anyone with the warhorn or any of the aquatic legendaries (guess people don’t exactly make those hehe)

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/29/gw2-flame-and-frost-patch-new-legendary-weapon-effects/

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The Moot is very cool now with disco footsteps

Posted by: RyanDancePls.7351

RyanDancePls.7351

holy kitten that is awesome

Posted by: Bewbilicious.8179

Bewbilicious.8179

brb leveling toon that uses a bow…

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

Great, now the Dreamer shoots my little ponies.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Fay.2735

Great, now the Dreamer shoots my little ponies.

I think its the most awesome thing ever

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

They made The Dreamer even worse? Glad I don’t use a shortbow on anything.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Does anyone have Howler? Really itching to see those new effects, I was considering making it before, if they didn’t mess it up it’s confirmed.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

i maintain the belief that Dreamer is a reference to Robot Unicorn Attack.

any new stuff for Quip? i have no pistol users, but Quip is quite possibly the only legendary i like.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: Jacius Ceed.4290

Jacius Ceed.4290

It does not look like they updated Meteorlogicus….
It was not in the patch notes anyway. It really needs to have something added to it, maybe some spell changes?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

So part of the patch notes include new and improved legendary effects!

I made a quick video showing the new shooting effect of The Dreamer legendary. If you have a legendary with new effects share your videos/screenshots showing the updates so everyone can see

http://youtu.be/pFEJWJ4XtCU?hd=1

Rainbow Unicorn!

Taste the rainbow, kittens!

Posted by: FBT.6024

FBT.6024

i maintain the belief that Dreamer is a reference to Robot Unicorn Attack..

This.

So mad. I got the bow because of the rainbow and because it reminded me of Robot Unicorn Attack.

Making it a brony bow is just stupid >:( The stupid butt tattoo pushed it from meh to FML. I’m embarrassed to use it now.

I regret getting this legendary now, should have gone with kudzu.

Fay.2735

I’m curious to see moot now with the disco steps people are talking about.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

So, no less than 24 hours ago I made a post:

What’s bothering me is that you people are acting like the concept of a unicorn, or the idea of a rainbow….like those things didn’t even exist before 2010. And they’ve certainly never showed up together before! Nope, obviously MLP invented them both.

I’m beginning to wonder if the internet has just completely lost its collective sanity and has decided that anything with rainbows or horse-shaped animals is automatically a brony shout-out.

The idea of rainbows and unicorns have often been used throughout the decades as a way to depict the idea of living in a fantasy, a sort of “dream world” that doesn’t at all resemble reality. Even today, it’s a term sometimes used by politicians to paint their opponent’s stance as living in a “dream world” that can’t possibly come to pass as a result of the policies they want to enact. Ergo, “The Dreamer” is a bow with a unicorn on it that shoots rainbows.

I don’t understand why this is so hard for people to comprehend, but trust me, unicorns and rainbows existed before MLP.

Yep. This is me happily eating my crow. I guess now I know better than to defend the staff.

Speaking as a brony, the new bow animation looks positively stupid and I am ashamed of whichever staff member was responsible for changing it. The bow was already disliked for being “girly” and a “brony reference”, and I came out here in these forums and defended the art….defended you. In its original state, I argued, it could be simply panned as a clever reference to the concept of “dream worlds” that has existed for decades. I thought it wasn’t at all “girly” and I actually liked the appeal and aesthetics of it.

But now you’ve gone and removed all doubt that this is just shameless pandering, and made the weapon look incredibly dumb in the process. A bow that shoots unicorns? What the hell? I’m not going to get one now simply because of this art change, it looks ludicrous.

Something I prized about this game is that despite its fantasy setting, it at least attempted to cling to something resembling good sense and sanity….this, to me, represents a departure from that. It’s not like it ruins the patch for me, but I’ll tell you what it does do….it decimates the very last scraps of “epicness” that legendaries might have had. They’re no longer these highly-sought-after items with unknown but potentially rich backstories full of adventure and excitement….they’re flashy graphics and shameless pandering. This is no Foehammer, no Sword of Shannara, it’s a bloody bow that shoots cutie-mark-wearing unicorns.

I now officially refuse to call them “legendaries” unless I’m using quotes around them, because it’s obvious now that you never intended to make them “epic” or have them “show off what you’ve accomplished”. You just wanted to make things that looked really shiny, so that your fans wouldn’t be able to resist pouring countless hours into your game just to have one of their own.

Yeah, I know, “QQ moar lawlz”. Save it. I’m genuinely disappointed here and I’m hoping I’m not the only one.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

(edited by critickitten.1498)

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

This.

So mad. I got the bow because of the rainbow and because it reminded me of Robot Unicorn Attack.

Making it a brony bow is just stupid >:( The stupid butt tattoo pushed it from meh to FML. I’m embarrassed to use it now.

Wait…you weren’t embarrassed before using the giant rainbow unicorn bow?

Posted by: Dauni.8290

Dauni.8290

ndrangles.5183

This.

I regret getting this legendary now, should have gone with kudzu.

:o but i thought the update made it look even more like RUA! a running unicorn with a rainbow trail behind it!

anyways, i just made it to the end of the patch notes, and even though i own no legendaries, i am vicariously happy to see that Quip was improved a bit.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Fay.2735

That’s an awesome picture haha! It goes so fast I didn’t even notice the Anet logo, Nice capture!

Posted by: FBT.6024

FBT.6024

Wait…you weren’t embarrassed before using the giant rainbow unicorn bow?

No, I like rainbows. I don’t mind it being girly (I’m a girl), and my main is girly. I loved the rainbows and my guild thought it was a very fitting bow for me.

ndrangles.5183:

:o but i thought the update made it look even more like RUA! a running unicorn with a rainbow trail behind it!

And a brony butt tattoo…. That’s when I realized it was a brony reference and where I went from “I don’t like it, but I guess I can deal with it” to “I can’t use this bow any more”

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

The dreamer looks… even better than before. This just made the patch seem a little better.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

I NEED TO SEE A VIDEO OF THE MOOT

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Howler! Aaaooooooooo! Show me the Howler! For Wolf!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Does anyone have Howler? Really itching to see those new effects, I was considering making it before, if they didn’t mess it up it’s confirmed.

Seconding this… I have been working on howler as my norn ranger is very wolf-themed. I had always kind of accepted it was a “lesser” legendary but now I am DYING to see the new effects!

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

ndrangles.5183

well! with that Anet butt mark we can call it a hybrid of the two. the running rainbow trail is too RUA to ignore, as is the butt mark too MLP to ignore. it’s clearly a hybrid unicorn that Anet created to bring world peace and joy to all.

i wish that when you fired Dreamer it started playing the RUA song, but that would ofc be too much for some players to handle. there would be complaints of too much love and harmony in the game.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

So part of the patch notes include new and improved legendary effects!

I made a quick video showing the new shooting effect of The Dreamer legendary. If you have a legendary with new effects share your videos/screenshots showing the updates so everyone can see

http://youtu.be/pFEJWJ4XtCU?hd=1

Rainbow Unicorn!

Taste the rainbow, kittens!

the effect is very cool.
however, i believe the skittle catchphrase ‘taste the rainbow’ is a little outdated since the gay pride parade started using a rainbow flag…now its just too disturbing to think about.

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

oh great.. unicorns and rainbows woohoo? don’t tell all the creepy asian dudes who play as Elins in tera, we’ll have an invasion of pedo-creeps.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

:( The legendary that needed an update the most didn’t get one? The minstrel? T_T

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Fay.2735

I’ve added another picture

Posted by: Rei Mizser.7651

Rei Mizser.7651

OMG that effect makes me want The Dreamer more lol

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

I still find this bow hilarious and would get it for myself if i could afford it. I want to see a whole squad of people with this bow just chasing down a zerg in wvw yelling STAMPEDE

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

I might explode if I don’t see howler soon

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I don’t understand the whole “MLP bow” mentality. The rainbow farting unicorn is clearly a reference to robot unicorn attack. And the so called “butt tattoo” reminds me more of a brand than anything else. You know, like the ones ranchers and farmers use to identify their livestock.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Cycloney.2640

Cycloney.2640

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

I don’t know whether the Dreamer change is “stupid”, “hilarious”, “awesome”, or “hilariously, stupidly awesome”.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I don’t know why some of u would be embarrassed to use the dreamer. I’d feel more humiliated at being trampled to death by rainbow streaking unicorns. lol this wep is awesome.

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Wow The Predator is amazing!
It sets yourself on fire, definitely want!

ndrangles.5183

Even more confetti on Quip! I will push my engi from 11 to 80 just so I have a reason to get it, I swear.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Fay.2735

I’ve made a list containing all the current pictures/videos of the new legendary effects (Thanks Cycloney for pointing out the Reddit post).

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

It’s great to see that ArenaNet is updating the Legendaries. There is still hope for the Minstrel and Metereologicus, it seems.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Maverick.4572

Maverick.4572

I love the new unicorn effects. Gonna make it for the character named after my daughter.

She will absolutely love it!

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

The new bow and other updates are nice, but why not the Minstrel? Seriously, that weapon needs some serious love.

JQ- [VG]

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

A crappy picture of frenzy, was taken in the dark to show the new boiling aura, how it looks in the dark and effects on a video i’ll probably upload tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/bcMWGB7.png?1

The changes to that weapon were:

-An explosion (like burst of boiling water around the weapon) when drawn along with a swarm, and i mean it, of fish rushing toward the weapon.

-Boiling water around your character

-The fish popping mechanic was massively changed, FAR more noticeable than before and visually more pleasant.

It’s bugged atm since it sometimes reverts to the old effects (meaning no aura, old popping mechanic) but i’m overall really pleased with the changes.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

The new bow and other updates are nice, but why not the Minstrel? Seriously, that weapon needs some serious love.

Hopefully they have left the focus and the scepter for last since those two are the ones requiring the most work.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Fay.2735

A crappy picture of frenzy, was taken in the dark to show the new boiling aura, how it looks in the dark and effects on a video i’ll probably upload tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/bcMWGB7.png?1

The changes to that weapon were:

-An explosion (like burst of boiling water around the weapon) when drawn along with a swarm, and i mean it, of fish rushing toward the weapon.

-Boiling water around your character

-The fish popping mechanic was massively changed, FAR more noticeable than before and visually more pleasant.

It’s bugged atm since it sometimes reverts to the old effects (meaning no aura, old popping mechanic) but i’m overall really pleased with the changes.

Nice, I added the picture to the list

Fay.2735

I’ve updated the post with pictures/video of the Howler

Posted by: Thanatos.7530

Thanatos.7530

What happened to Meteorlogicus? No update yet! Still looks good but nothing legendary about it. I hope they fix it on the next patch.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Never could have believed they could make the bow even worse than they were already, gotta give it to Anet to Surprise me time and time again…

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

I got some high res pics of the moot, quip, predator and the dreamer if anyone want to see. Unfortunately can’t find anyone with the warhorn or any of the aquatic legendaries (guess people don’t exactly make those hehe)

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/29/gw2-flame-and-frost-patch-new-legendary-weapon-effects/

Fay.2735

I’ve quoted your post into the OP so people can easily find it

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Last night in WvW I saw unicorns flying at me. Too funny!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast