New Release Details! Video!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Bloodtide Coast gets a Wurm? Lornar’s Pass gets a mechanical monstrosity so two new world bosses

The watchwork puppet isn’t permanent though according to the article. Could be neat if it becomes perm in one of the last 4 releases, if it’s a fun fight that is.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

If i wanted to raid like World of Warcraft i would play World of Warcraft.

I should not be forced to transfer servers and set alarms in real life so i can log in at a specific time just to kill a World of Warcraft style raid boss.

This new patch is just continuing the World of Warcraft raid boss trend, except one boss is recycled, the other temporary.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

So much RAGE!!!!! Lol!

Probably because everyone expected Anet will try to redeem themselves for the Scarlet mess by hinting at / announcing a dragon or answering some of the myriad GW and/or GW2 mysteries. Instead, there’s a wurm boss (may or may not be connected to 6th Dragon) and some recycled watchwork stuff, as well as a new character. There are plenty of characters in PS-LS thus far, this just adds more questions than answers.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

Posted by: shaiya.7649

shaiya.7649

sigh… all this hype about the final four releases, fist patch back from a long break and what do we get? Two boring world bosses that will either be to hard and abandoned like the new Tequatl (the most poorly designed epic failure in ArenaNet history) or something like the KarKa Queen who is easy yet no body gives a kitten about it because of its location and effort involved to spawn it.

I honestly was expecting something good in these final four releases, did they learn nothing from the epic train wreck that was Tequatl 2.0?

LOL ? tequatl is the best thing that happened to GW2 since release + fractals … , the only fail here is you been bad and not able to kill him .. in desolation he dies everytime he spawns without TS , and its hell of a fun , i kill him 3 to 4 times a day .. actually guildwars 2 community is going downhill with all thoose whiners …

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

sigh… all this hype about the final four releases, fist patch back from a long break and what do we get? Two boring world bosses that will either be to hard and abandoned like the new Tequatl (the most poorly designed epic failure in ArenaNet history) or something like the KarKa Queen who is easy yet no body gives a kitten about it because of its location and effort involved to spawn it.

I honestly was expecting something good in these final four releases, did they learn nothing from the epic train wreck that was Tequatl 2.0?

LOL ? tequatl is the best thing that happened to GW2 since release + fractals … , the only fail here is you been bad and not able to kill him .. in desolation he dies everytime he spawns without TS , and its hell of a fun , i kill him 3 to 4 times a day .. actually guildwars 2 community is going downhill with all thoose whiners …

Please, explain to me how this Teq fight is any different from any other raid encounter? It’s the standard DPS > Flight phase > DPS dragon fight. I guess I can see it being fun if you have never raided in any MMO before, so I can give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

And no, TS is not required to auto attack kill a dragon :p

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Make teq 10x harder and give proper loot

those bosses are a complete joke 2rares and 0.1% chance for ascended done it everyday since release still nothing

just dont get this huge RNG system

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

You don’t?

done it everyday since release

Well there you go.

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

I really, really hope there’s going to be some decent lore to tie all of this together (the magical ley lines, what Scarlet saw, Scarlet’s actual motivations).

Because the loss of the Guild Wars 1 writing quality is becoming more and more apparent, as someone who’s hugely into that kind of thing. I remember back when reaching the Gate of Madness in Guild Wars: Nightfall, and nearly falling off my chair when the plot lines for all three games came together in what was a very impressive plot twist/revelation.

There’s been nothing like that so far.

Do adore the addition of that giant watchwork Khloe Kardashian though, stomping through the wild.

EDIT: Just saw the image of the suspended giant marionette over those ‘pads’ on the ground, and by the looks of it should be a really entertaining fight.

\o/

(edited by kylwilson.9137)

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

If you aren’t adding a new profession and/or I can’t make a Tengu or Kodan character, I just kind of don’t care. We already have a worm world boss. This will just be a revamped worm with some annoying mechanic to make failure possible I suspect. I’ll wait and see, but that video doesn’t exactly show me anything I want to /dance about.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

You don’t?

Well there you go.

lol

That aside, I’ll hold off on passing all the judgment until it’s released but another Wurm (or rather, world boss to send everybody into overflows) is groundbreaking. I feel as if we’ve dealt with large mech-like creatures being hung from chains before but I just can’t place my finger on it. Oh well who needs originality? On the bright side, one portion of it is here to stay! Start forming those Wurm Squad guilds now.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

More science fiction crap? I thought I bought a fantasy game and not the Iron Giant meets Narnia crossover.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

So if you love Tequatl then your going to love this update…

Otherwise, a part of the Bloodcoast ends up a ‘dead’ area, just like Sparkfly Fen is dead on most servers now…

Awesome…

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

So much RAGE!!!!! Lol!

Probably because everyone expected Anet will try to redeem themselves for the Scarlet mess by hinting at / announcing a dragon or answering some of the myriad GW and/or GW2 mysteries. Instead, there’s a wurm boss (may or may not be connected to 6th Dragon) and some recycled watchwork stuff, as well as a new character. There are plenty of characters in PS-LS thus far, this just adds more questions than answers.

There’s enough dragon to kill atm and even Teq dont get enough attention cause of mechanics yet you want another? What if they introduce another Dragon and mechanics that will need more players to defeat than Teq? And at the same time precursor crafting will be release that will take more than the cost/time of ascended armor to complete? Will the rage stop?? Personally I like to see more Dragons alonglwith expac. But until then ill be content what Anet throws atm.

(edited by WingLegacy.7159)

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

More science fiction crap? I thought I bought a fantasy game and not the Iron Giant meets Narnia crossover.

Tyria is on the cusp of the industrial revolution for it’s planet. It kind of makes sense to see this kind of stuff honestly. They have flintlock weapons etc. Steam powered tanks and so forth. Not to mention high fantasy usually includes elements of sci-fi as well as common fantasy themes.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

You don’t?

Well there you go.

haha

ok i get it now no more teq

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

You know what will be great? If they released an update that had nothing to do with story whatsoever: adding guild features, fixing abysmal loot system, adding precursor hunt, fixing bugs and skills – all the features they promised in 2013.

This.
Sooo much this.

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

So, an event works well on ONE server among all, and it’s a success? Cool way of thinking!
It had to be instanced. Stop. There is so little to do at cap with ur guild in this game, bosses would be a good thing…

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

People killed Tequatl over 5000 times now. It is very often visited boss. More world bosses are very welcome.

It would be a bad move to unveil the big surprise – may it a dragon or not- in the first release of the four remaining. It would be much smarter to wait until the last release of season 1 and use it as a cliffhanger announcing season 2 where we follow the new thread.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

I like the invasions but they aren’t perfect. Mainly because they don’t tie into the maps that much.
As it sounds, the worm could end up being an invasion mixed with tequatl. That would be interesting.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

If you are not a huge fan of Scarlet or world bosses then this update seems to likely be quite a disappointment.

Personally I have little interest in the world bosses, they are never worth while killing and the lag fest zergs is not much fun to play in. As for Scarlet, they should have dropped her rubbish character and story arc months ago.

Not a great start to the new year Arena Net, still perhaps the next few updates will be better.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

+1 to this.
Players: We want more challenging content….
Anet: here’s Teq for you!
Players: We cant defeat him cause of low pop servers! And blames Anet cause its broken!!!
Anet: scratches head

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

FOTM has been the best update for me so far, too bad they haven’t been able to fix the rewards for more than a year now.

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

I adored secret of Southsun. I just loved the rewards vs time spent. The buff for magic find was just so great, and i loved how it revitalized, even if only temporarily, an area that was ignored.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Didn’t they learn the lesson from Teq? In PvE, multi-team coordination don’t mean to exist forever. All the variables: The randomness of classes, player’s skill, afk folk. When people get fed up with it, like Teq, that area will be eventually forsaken.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Can we at least wait until we play these encounters once before deciding they’re horrible?

I think most are justified in deciding it without playing, because just look at the track record…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Scarlet….your mecha may be silly but at least it has a really stylish pair of boots (they are inbuilt into the mechs feet but let it roll)

Posted by: Flaming.4250

Flaming.4250

Who or what is controlling the huge clock work knight?

Nick.6972

UFO/Death Star, your typical Fantasy stuff.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Tequatl 2.0 is done very often actually.. People do enjoy that fight a lot.

IDK how any of this looks boring at all. It is your opinion though and I’ll respect that. To me this update looks amazing and way better than throwing snowballs at skritt.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Delvoire.8930

So if you love Tequatl then your going to love this update…

Otherwise, a part of the Bloodcoast ends up a ‘dead’ area, just like Sparkfly Fen is dead on most servers now…

Awesome…

Who even goes to Bloodtide Coast now anyways? lol There’s no reason to.

Posted by: kaid.7695

kaid.7695

I think the tequatl fight is interesting and fun if you have enough people and don’t get messed up by an afker in a turret. My problem with it is the server capacity issue it requires a darn near zone capacity level of people to do it and if you are not willing to go there and sit and do almost nothing for a couple hours you wind up in overflow with to few people to do the event. The other option is everybody guests to a low pop server and games the bad zone capacity issue. If the zone could support twice its current load so you don’t bump into overflows and the boss can scale well to the actual number of people facing it I would have no complaints about it.

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

Better then an expansion huh Anet? Pre-ordered my next MMO after seeing that video. lol Same living story, different day. Let’s see if the patch notes on the 21st reveal anything other then another living story update about scarlet.

Posted by: Rawrawrr.7195

Rawrawrr.7195

Can we at least wait until we play these encounters once before deciding they’re horrible?

It would be a bad move to unveil the big surprise – may it a dragon or not- in the first release of the four remaining.

Please, yes, trailer is out since an hour and this thread is already filled up with so much negativity …

It really feels like whatever Anet will come up with, people are gonna come here to say how much they’re disappointed to not see in a 1 minute long trailer a Dragon, Gods, the Underworld, people killing Scarlet ten times, or the opening of a brand new dungeon in the Floating castle in Kessex Hills.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I think most are justified in deciding it without playing, because just look at the track record…

What track record? The only world bosses we got are the karka queen and the tequalt revamp. Tequalt specifically was intended to be hard content that requires co-ordination. That might not be your sort of thing and thats fair enough but did they do a bad job? no they delivered exactly what they had to deliver. As for the karka queen well thats the sort of world boss you expect if you dont want challenge and co-ordination. Either way what exactly did they do so bad in terms of world bosses that without knowing anything one can be sure this is so bad ?

Let me talk about this from a different angle. So lets take the new tequalt. Some love the changes, a lot of people are angry cause basically those changes took away one world boss out of their world boss killing rotation by making it too hard to do casually. Rightfully so said people want more world bosses of the type that they can just log in go to it, get their kill and move on which dont get me wrong is entirely fair. We all like different things an there is nothing wrong with wanting one or the other. The problem comes if said people take this attitude that Arenanet arent able to do a good world boss because tequalt just isnt their type of thing and the next time Arenanet release a new world boss before anything is know about said world boss these people start complaining how bad this encounter is… will be… whatever… what message are they sending? If you were Arenanet what would you do? more content for those players who decide that the new content you did is bad one week before they even get to play it? Simply speaking this kind of attitude is shooting one self in the foot. Nothing productive can come from it.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

In desolation you also have to wait there one hour before the actual fight, else you’ll find yourself in an overflow (with people that don’t even try to fight and higher chances to fail, since it scales up anyway).
The only thing bad here is the design of the encounter, that requires more than half the map’s amount of players in a corner of the map. Something that doesn’t happen unless you already know there will be many players doing it – thus we have a couple servers always full due to guests and an empty map in all the other ones.
And the fight itself isn’t even challenging, anyway. It is the usual zerging in zones where the waves can’t hit you for the most part, and still a zergfest in the battery phases (but at least control has some utility there).

I hope they learned the lesson and will make this have a low enough base scaling so not to have another tequatl.

Also, less rng and more token system, thanks. Effort is what should be rewarded, not luck (when you win, obviously).

(edited by Manuhell.2759)

Delvoire.8930

It would be a bad move to unveil the big surprise – may it a dragon or not- in the first release of the four remaining.

Please, yes, trailer is out since an hour and this thread is already filled up with so much negativity …

It really feels like whatever Anet will come up with, people are gonna come here to say how much they’re disappointed to not see in a 1 minute long trailer a Dragon, Gods, the Underworld, people killing Scarlet ten times, or the opening of a brand new dungeon in the Floating castle in Kessex Hills.

It’s why the CDI threads are compiled of good discussion and creative banter. Unlike most of the forums which is filled with vile and negativity for people who post only on behalf of their own needs and wants.

Harsh are the people who want a game created only for themselves to enjoy.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So much RAGE!!!!! Lol!

If you did not read they said there where 4 more updates with her going to be in it this is the first of that 4. They even given dates when this LS arc is going to be over…. At this point your choosing to be uninformed in your complaining.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Nick.6972

CDI threads won’t change anything, you can make your constructive criticism all you want. There have been tons of good well thought out threads before anything of this was happening with zero arena net replies or which were simply closed/locked.

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

If i wanted to raid like World of Warcraft i would play World of Warcraft.

I should not be forced to transfer servers and set alarms in real life so i can log in at a specific time just to kill a World of Warcraft style raid boss.

This new patch is just continuing the World of Warcraft raid boss trend, except one boss is recycled, the other temporary.

So you don’t like instanced raids as seen in WoW, but you don’t want open world raids that are downed within 5 minutes of their spawning?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

CDI threads won’t change anything, you can make your constructive criticism all you want. There have been tons of good well thought out threads before anything of this was happening with zero arena net replies or which were simply closed/locked.

Which should explain the difference right there: The CDIs come with an actual Dev reading them. The tons of random good well thought out threads created a cacophony that buried its own potential value. Yes, we lose the freedom to post anything at any time and pretend to ourselves that someone there must have read it maybe, in exchange for 100% of the posts on-topic getting read and Dev responses a couple times a week. That’s a step up.

And as to ‘CDIs: not changing anything’, you do realize up until this last December they never revealed plot more than 2 weeks in advance – and now they’ve told us clearly and specifically “We’re wrapping up the Scarlet thing in 4 more releases.” That willingness to open up a little and relieve our fears this… plotline… might go on for the entirety of 2014 was a direct result of the Living Story CDI.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Destai.9603

So much RAGE!!!!! Lol!

There’s enough dragon to kill atm and even Teq dont get enough attention cause of mechanics yet you want another? What if they introduce another Dragon and mechanics that will need more players to defeat than Teq? And at the same time precursor crafting will be release that will take more than the cost/time of ascended armor to complete? Will the rage stop?? Personally I like to see more Dragons alonglwith expac. But until then ill be content what Anet throws atm.

I’d rather have more dragons to kill than the slew of lesbian love stories, fembots, and rainbow shooting weapons. I’d love to see campaigns to clean Orr, I’d love to see the religions of the races expanded upon – like directly interacting with the Eternal Alchemy. I’m hoping the new character will be a bit more believable and in line with the lore. I doubt the rage will stop until ArenaNet actually expands on their game – treating it more like a game less like a 13 year old’s fan fiction.

Destai.9603

Which should explain the difference right there: The CDIs come with an actual Dev reading them. The tons of random good well thought out threads created a cacophony that buried its own potential value. Yes, we lose the freedom to post anything at any time and pretend to ourselves that someone there must have read it maybe, in exchange for 100% of the posts on-topic getting read and Dev responses a couple times a week. That’s a step up.

And as to ‘CDIs: not changing anything’, you do realize up until this last December they never revealed plot more than 2 weeks in advance – and now they’ve told us clearly and specifically “We’re wrapping up the Scarlet thing in 4 more releases.” That willingness to open up a little and relieve our fears this… plotline… might go on for the entirety of 2014 was a direct result of the Living Story CDI.

In that case, I hope the devs can announce which things were a direct result of the CDI threads. Anything short of that is speculation.

Delvoire.8930

In that case, I hope the devs can announce which things were a direct result of the CDI threads. Anything short of that is speculation.

They do plan on that actually. There’s been talk of the Devs going back to CDI threads and pulling out exact posts that have impacted the developing side of upcoming things.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

You get 2 world bosses in the first of this seires of 4 final LS updates for Scarlet arc. The dragon will Ofc come in the 4th update, now we’re seeing what lieutenants of Mordremoth Scarlet can unearth first. Will be nice to check out, then see where this story goes for the next 3 updates. Either something good or possibly it’s time for a break with ESO until GW2 becomes what I am anticipating:)

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Destai.9603

They do plan on that actually. There’s been talk of the Devs going back to CDI threads and pulling out exact posts that have impacted the developing side of upcoming things.

I look forward to seeing that.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I don’t understand what are your expectations people. Living story content is great, I don’t say it has a strong story, but it is fun! I, for example, loved scarlet invasions and it is sad that almost nobody does them by now. Everyone just farm their way to legendary and forget about all the fun

? What fun? The achievements they want me to grind for a cosmetic backpiece? LOL. Bank is full with backpieces by now.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

Oh hey, we’re getting a feature patch sometime after March! Cool!

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Something that’s been said before, and Colin Johanson said again in the linked interview:

“We have a couple of really big Guild Wars projects cooking in the background.”

We’ve been sitting at the table for a while, and we’ve had our fill of complimentary bread. It’s time to tell the cooks we’re ready to feast on something more substantive. It’s time to tell the cooks we’re ready to be served whatever it is they’ve been cooking on the back burner. Wait too long, keep it simmering on the back burner too long with promises that we’ll get to eat soon enough, and your hungry customers just might go to one of the soon-to-be-opening restaurants down the street.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Off base, perhaps, but does “…rocks Tyria to its core!” mean “Makes a big hole in the bedrock under Bloodtide Coast?”