Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

@Jski Point missed again. It is 100% okay for large guilds to have an advantage in researching the high-end missions. What isn’t okay is that a portion of the playerbase will be excluded even from the very first missions. If the AoW Level 5 gate stays true, this is going to be a very disappointing patch for many guilds.

We won’t be excluded entirely… as many posters have pointed out we can always join one of the mega “zerg PUG hub collectives” instead of having a guild full of personally vetted members.

That is until a few months have gone by and what few members are left have managed to grind enough influence out to start a guild mission they no long have the population to complete.

And honestly… you can’t blame people for dropping their small guilds to join the machine… there are actual monetary rewards to be earned like reduced waypoint costs… along that same line of thinking you cannot blame new players to the game for joining the mega guilds either, for the same reasons.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

On-going suggestion is to have ANet make use of focus group testing as part of the design process. Test out theories, impacts, perceptions to catch and think through the issues of large-guild, small-guild interactions (merge, join, siphoning, costs, leveling, etcetera).

Use transparency in marketing information. edit: Also increase clarity and combine the information into one published source.

Take into account reactions on this thread and adjust accordingly.

And cycle adjustments back through focus group.

-That’s top of the head

(edit for grammar)

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: velestra.9415

velestra.9415

main concern once again no public testrealm and announcing such a megabugger 4 days before it goes live

wonder what other nice nerfs, features we get tuesday which wasnt asked for….

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

@Bluewanders To be honest I’m not even considering the rewards and perks in my stance. I simply think that come patch day, many guilds won’t be able to kick off their own missions and will be missing out on a lot of fun and camaraderie. Instead these guilds will have to piggyback on someone else’s parade.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

@Jski Point missed again. It is 100% okay for large guilds to have an advantage in researching the high-end missions. What isn’t okay is that a portion of the playerbase will be excluded even from the very first missions. If the AoW Level 5 gate stays true, this is going to be a very disappointing patch for many guilds.

Most small guild can tag with big guilds to do these events. I think that just counters every thing that being said by this. That and you can have more then one guild i think this is a reason so you can have your Friend guild (small guild) your self guild bank (one for your own use and the free spaces if you got 2 your being greedy) and your guild event guild (a big guild for these events).

If they are hard events we will see a week of “its too hard” post if its too easy we will see a week of “its too shallow” i am starting to become very disappointing in this community. I think this is a far more important thing to talk about look at the forms there no FOTM for classes and gear set up but there is an AOTM argument of the month (more like week). Example they talked about chaining AC bosses to be more deep, community respond is “omg they are going to make it harder die Anet!” Is this all GW2 community has the offer?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

This has become a long thread, and little of what I have to say is unique, but I feel that as an officer in my guild, I need to say something.

Our guild is small. We started in a Korean grindfest game back in ‘04, and then migrated to GW1 around the release of Nightfall. Since then, the core of officers has maintained much the same. One year, my wife baked cookies and sent them to the other officers in guild. We’re that kind of community, we keep things close.

We have ignored the Art of War tree because the interest in WvW in our guild was very low. Most of us are older now, we’re not the college guys / gals we were back in ’04. We play evenings and save our influence for the guild boosts that we activate on the weekend when people get the most benefit from them.

The things that are most upsetting here for us are:

#1: We will have to wait through the upgrade queue times to get access to new content.

#2: We’re going to have to spend some time focused specifically on gaining influence to get things in a timely manner.

Yes, we could buy influence. Frankly, I could cough up enough coin to buy all the way from lvl 1 to 5 by myself, and if we distributed the cost, it would be easier. But even if we buy the influence, we still have to wait.

Had this been announced a month ago, we could have prepared to hit new content running at launch. There were forum threads weeks ago (I opened one myself) asking if we would need upgrades like Politics lvl 5 to get access to guild missions, but those threads were ignored until now, less than a week before the launch of new content.

I would sincearly hope that A-net takes one suggestion and runs with it: Reduce the gate for the launch of content.

Honestly, we know these missions come in tiers of difficulty. We don’t mind having higher tiers of event locked behind higher guild upgrade requirements. I don’t think most guilds would complain if they couldn’t instantly launch the best / hardest / most rewarding content.

What has sparked rage in my guild, is that we can’t access any of the content until we grind out some upgrades. And that kitten blows.

I seem to recall a statement (cannot find source atm) that the Guild Bounty would have to be completed before other mission modes could be unlocked, if this is the case… :sigh:

Not happy.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Guild Missions [merged]

Toxyn.9608

@Jski I am in full support of challenging content and I’m looking forward to the AC changes. Though if they are anything like the CoF changes, it might (unfortunately) end up being easier. I’m also hoping that the high-end guild missions provide a level of challenge at least equal to the Orr Temples. Either way, content difficulty is off-topic here.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

Please stop adding gated content. For the life of me I can’t understand why you put up so many barriers to having fun in GW2. Is this a game or job?

Just let guilds have fun and do the missions without prerequisites . How hard is that?

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

@Bluewanders To be honest I’m not even considering the rewards and perks in my stance. I simply think that come patch day, many guilds won’t be able to kick off their own missions and will be missing out on a lot of fun and camaraderie. Instead these guilds will have to piggyback on someone else’s parade.

That is fully half of my argument. And while it is true that outsiders can join as a spectator… it just isn’t the same thing. Just like I didn’t like being a sidekick in my personal story… I don’t want to be an advancement tool for another guild to help them earn cool stuff I can’t have.

Also… I don’t WANT to experience the new missions on anothers dime. I WANT to experience it with my guild… as a reward for our effort… as a symbol of our progress since our original guild dissolved. If I wanted to pug a lot of content I would already belong to a mega guild.

Why is it too much to ask that the first set of this type of content be released in a format that any established guild can partake in? Why is this brand new content gated behind such a big influence cost in a tree that many guilds will not have researched, even if they do have 15-20 members or more? Why are players being penalized for belonging to a more community centric guild rather than a huge impersonal guild whose only merits are numbers for influence generation?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

@Jski I am in full support of challenging content and I’m looking forward to the AC changes. Though if they are anything like the CoF changes, it might (unfortunately) end up being easier. I’m also hoping that the high-end guild missions provide a level of challenge at least equal to the Orr Temples. Either way, content difficulty is off-topic here.

I was more talking about response by the community on these forms to new things this is just another one in a long string of things.

What point i would like to make big guilds (well some of them) do try to get events going with non guild ppl. I can only speak for my server FA but we do have big guilds that try to get open word events going some of the guild have made there own events up (we tried a few times some worked some did not). Nothing is diminish by not being in a big guild and running with a big guild (with out being in it) to do new content.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It was stated by Anthony in the previous thread that the first guild mission type, Guild Bounties, requires Art of War level 5 to begin research. My questions are:

1. Is this true, or was it miscommunication?
2a. If true, why did you choose the PvP track for this?
2b. If true, why did you choose a prerequisite level of 5 instead of a more accessible level?
3. Do the other mission types require Guild Bounties to be researched first?

^ I have the same concerns. Art of War consists entirely of WvW upgrades. If your guild isn’t WvW focused, then you have to start from scratch. Why would you gate new content like this if this is indeed correct.

As for my less diplomatic response if it is the case: This is like me writing a paper called “WvW Tactics” and then spending the whole paper writing about PvE. I am really hoping this is just incorrect information, because if true, it’s a head scratcher to say the least.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Guild Missions [merged]

Toxyn.9608

Please stop adding gated content. For the life of me I can’t understand why you put up so many barriers to having fun in GW2. Is this a game or job?

Just let guilds have fun and do the missions without prerequisites . How hard is that?

This is the other end of the spectrum that I also disagree with. If content wasn’t gated in some way, the content would be consumed within a week and then everyone would be asking for more.

Guild Missions [merged]

Iason Evan.3806

This is the other end of the spectrum that I also disagree with. If content wasn’t gated in some way, the content would be consumed within a week and then everyone would be asking for more.

The same could be said of the development team. If they aren’t tasked with creating entirely fun to repeat content, said game is doing it wrong. Gated is a lazy way to do it.

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

The same could be said of the development team. If they aren’t tasked with creating entirely fun to repeat content, said game is doing it wrong. Gated is a lazy way to do it.

I don’t even mind gated content all that much. They could have saved a LOT of my frustration by making guild missions their own tech tree… and seperating missions that can be activated by number of members currently logged in. Problem solved.

This way… large and small guilds would have started off on equal footing… with equal opportunity to experience the new content and receive the new rewards in a timely manner.

Make the research cost in that tree extremely high… I still don’t care… at least we would have been on equal footing. Make many of the missions require 500 members online to complete… make others require 10… make some require 5…. I STILL DONT CARE…. because we would have started on equal footing… and if I needed more members I could recruit more members.

Instead I’m looking at losing members because they want to be in on ALL the fun, not just carrying other guilds to fun rewards while walking away with a handful of porous bones and some obsolete karma.

Guild Missions [merged]

velestra.9415

theres hardly content in the game which needs more then 3-5 people open world so why add something like this wannaberaid now

this is more about influence then anything else, so big guilds can dump it and small get left out

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Exactly. If they are going to create a new framework of guild content, which they have, why gate it with the old framework of guild content, which they have and why the heck chose the one tree that non-WvW guilds with out a ton of extra influence to burn have absolutely no use for?

It appears that guild missions will have tiers of difficulty, which need to be unlocked, with each tier giving access to more difficult versions of said content, of larger scale and requiring bigger guilds to complete, while offering larger rewards. That, I’m fine with, as long as you aren’t hiding the low tier iterations behind gates that are extremely difficult for smaller guilds to get beyond. Large guilds are already rewarded for being large with their ability to earn influence and the ability to provide enough active players to even contemplate doing the higher tier content.

That said, why the heck is Arenanet so determined to deny even the low tier guild content to small guilds?

If a small/new guild wants to start unlocking Guild Missions before even touching the other Guild Upgrades, they should be able to do so. There is really no point to gating even the intro level participation in this content, especially not by gating it with T5 in a tree that has no use or appeal for a large portion of guilds in the game!

BTW Arenanet, if you are gating because you don’t think the game could handle hundreds of guilds on a server doing the new content all at once, you could just say so. If the gating is because you don’t think the system will ever be able to support more than a handful of guilds per server, then maybe the system isn’t actually ready for prime time. If you are gating because Bounties are the only missions ready for deployment, then you should have been clear about that from the start. If gating is to hide the incompleteness of the content, then that’s just plain underhanded dishonesty.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

My concern is that your QA is inadequate and you’ll launch them with bugs that render them unplayable.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fallon.2347

Fallon.2347

Question: Guilds with cross server members; Will a guild with members on multiple servers be able to join in the same events? Also, will a guild need these upgrades on multiple servers in order to participate?

Thanks for your reply.

Escape From L A [EfLA]
Guild Leader
Maguuma – Yak’s Bend

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Are Guild Missions story or lore related in any way? Just wondering… Because the biggest flow of fractals is their lack of context.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

If Guild Mission content is Tiered, with tiers ranging from content requiring 5-10 people to content requiring scores or even a hundred+ participants, then there is no good reason to gate the low end content from smaller guilds. Those guilds will likely never be able to unlock, launch and complete anything but the lowest tier of Guild Mission content with their guild. Why the heck would anyone one want to stick the low tier content that small guilds could actually enjoy behind such a ridiculous gate?

I’m all for cost/time/difficulty of each subsequent tier of a guild mission type being difficult to impossible for small guilds to accomplish, but all guilds should have some reasonable path to unlocking content appropriate for a guild of their size.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

All this will lead to another loot nerf as small guilds want to participate for the same loot, as I know Anet by now they will make it accesable for smaller guilds but the loot will be totaly nothing.

we are talking about guild events here and in the future if you ever want to implement actually GUILD WARS as you title sais you have to STICK with your iniatial thoughts.

concerns will always be there….the amount of wine threads before Anet their actual release is just mindblowing.

I can only say Anet go with your initial thought,,,player base is important but not giving under pressure is important also.

already a dev is opening a topic to a so called improvement….I say stick with your thoughts and see how it goes.

Gz

Darkdanjal

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

I hate it when people are actually quoting 2 words I putted in a response and are responding to it, you are actually making no sense and are not looking at the general picture, open your mind and see whats actually going to happen, then respond….

Guild Missions [merged]

Toxyn.9608

All we know so far is that the three Orders are setting the bounties on various enemies’ heads. Why they are targeted by the Orders? We’ll have to wait and see.

Guild Missions [merged]

velestra.9415

I hate it when people are actually quoting 2 words I putted in a response and are responding to it, you are actually making no sense and are not looking at the general picture, open your mind and see whats actually going to happen, then respond….

we got nothing else so we can discuss this and giving our feedback, concerns.

anything else is problem of some public relation department in this company and general lack of communication

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wine
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whine

But to actually respond to your original post…. the issue is not about loot… the issue is about HOW the brand new content is being released to only a percentage of the player base… and HOW the percentage that doesn’t have access to it also doesn’t have access to the new currency.

You should read the whole thread… a lot has been said.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

But to actually respond to your original post…. the issue is not about loot… the issue is about HOW the brand new content is being released to only a percentage of the player base… and HOW the percentage that doesn’t have access to it also doesn’t have access to the new currency.

Everyone can participate in the content. Only the guild that started will get the merits.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

Also, fractals seem to be retelling stories that occurred in the past in Tyria.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

Question: Guilds with cross server members; Will a guild with members on multiple servers be able to join in the same events? Also, will a guild need these upgrades on multiple servers in order to participate?

Thanks for your reply.

Your members of different server can join through your guild missions through guest. Guild upgrades and influence are saved on the server you are. Example: If you maxed everything on jade sea server, and then transfer to piken square server, your guild in piken square server you will not have the same upgrades and influence than your guild in jade sea server.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s for everyone! Everyone can participate on them. Everyone can get a reward from them.

Only the guild that starts the missions gets the reward that matters, Guild Merits.

Personal rewards doesn’t matter to you, only guild merits?

personal rewards are important for people. Guild Merits are important for guilds. Small guilds do get shafted that way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

To make this content some kind of end-game and exclusive, make a tier 6 art of war, which will take 3 months to be researched. The reason for this is so the content will last much longer.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

Everyone can participate in the content. Only the guild that started will get the merits.

A point I have stressed multiple times in this thread.

Also… everyone can participate in a portion of the new content… in the links previously posted it was specifically mentioned by the devs that there would be objectives only guild members could complete within these missions… meaning that the spectators have only a secondary role in it’s completion.

Also… that still doesn’t answer HOW the content is to be released…

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

Another serious question:

Would small guilds of 1-5 people be happy if they received guild merits/influence for participating if they are in a party, but did NOT get to have their name associated with the event that they did not start?

I’m trying to figure out whether it’s the ability to start the event or the merits that are making these 5-people or less guilds angry.

Guild Missions [merged]

Iason Evan.3806

To make this content some kind of end-game and exclusive, make a tier 6 art of war, which will take 3 months to be researched. The reason for this is so the content will last much longer.

You mean it will take longer to start because of the gating. Implying it will last longer means that smaller guilds have to be able to start it. If they can’t start it for a few weeks or months, then your point is moot.

Guild Missions [merged]

Toxyn.9608

You mean it will take longer to start because of the gating. Implying it will last longer means that smaller guilds have to be able to start it. If they can’t start it for a few weeks or months, then your point is moot.

I believe he is using sensationalism to prove a point. “If everything is gated behind a Level 5 gate, why not add a level 6 gate that takes three months to research and go to hell with it?”.

Guild Missions [merged]

Toxyn.9608

I’m trying to figure out whether it’s the ability to start the event or the merits that are making these 5-people or less guilds angry.

Small guilds want the ability to easily trigger the introductory Bounty missions on their own, as well as gain the merits rewarded for those missions. This is perfectly reasonable as large guilds still have exclusive access to the harder missions which require more people.

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

Small guilds want the ability to easily trigger the introductory Bounty missions on their own, as well as gain the merits rewarded for those missions. This is perfectly reasonable as large guilds still have exclusive access to the harder missions which require more people.

I’m assuming that the perk price does not scale. So a larger guild would be able to reduced the WP cost earlier than a smaller guild with less effort.

Assuming that a small group could earn merits at a lower tier, would you be fine if you were only able to lower the WP cost 10% while a larger guild would be able to lower 25% with a higher tier of the perk?

Or would that still be an unfair advantage for the larger guild?

Guild Missions [merged]

Toxyn.9608

That would be perfectly reasonable. Small guilds just want to participate using their own means on patch day. That’s what I get out of this thread, anyways.

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

I’m assuming that the perk price does not scale. So a larger guild would be able to reduced the WP cost earlier than a smaller guild with less effort.

Assuming that a small group could earn merits at a lower tier, would you be fine if you were only able to lower the WP cost 10% while a larger guild would be able to lower 25% with a higher tier of the perk?

Larger guilds should not be given “better quality” rewards when they already have the ability to produce “higher quantity” of the rewards available.

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

Larger guilds should not be given “better quality” rewards when they already have the ability to produce “higher quantity” of the rewards available.

That’s the view of one person in a small guild.

That would be perfectly reasonable. Small guilds just want to participate using their own means on patch day. That’s what I get out of this thread, anyways.

That’s the view of another.

My view is that it’s not that hard for a dedicated smallish group to accomplish. But that’s just my perspective.

However, I also think that the vast majority of the game can be tackled by a group of 5 or less. Giving open-world content to larger guilds should not be frowned upon, imo. Especially when ANYONE can join in and help with the experience.

And small guilds must realize that some content will take more than 5 people to finish.

I think that the real issue is two fold.

• The name…Guild Missions. Because they have the word guild in their name, SOME people have assumed, rightly or wrongly, that any guild, from the 2 person husband and wife, to the 400+ person guild, would be able to partake in them.
  • The Merits. People want to be able to achieve 100% of the rewards in game without stepping outside of their comfort zone. It’s not that people will not be able to play through the missions (or parts of the missions). It’s that the reward will be out of reach of that 2 to 5 person guild.

I think this is an incentive to form alliances (wish they were in GW2) with other guilds. But some may think that these are incentives for people to leave for larger guilds.

And imo, wrong or right, if Guild Missions and a reduced WP cost are enough to break apart that tight-knit group that’s been together for years…

But I do respect your opinion. And I’m sure that if you guys speak frequently and with as much passion as you are doing now, ANet will yield.

Guild Missions [merged]

Toxyn.9608

FYI I’m not in a small guild. I’m an officer in an average-sized guild that has all upgrades finished. I just really sympathize with people who want to enjoy patch day to the fullest.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

That’s the view of one person in a small guild.

That’s the view of another.

My view is that it’s not that hard for a dedicated smallish group to accomplish. But that’s just my perspective.

However, I also think that the vast majority of the game can be tackled by a group of 5 or less. Giving open-world content to larger guilds should not be frowned upon, imo. Especially when ANYONE can join in and help with the experience.

And small guilds must realize that some content will take more than 5 people to finish.

I think that the real issue is two fold.

• The name…Guild Missions. Because they have the word guild in their name, SOME people have assumed, rightly or wrongly, that any guild, from the 2 person husband and wife, to the 400+ person guild, would be able to partake in them.
  • The Merits. People want to be able to achieve 100% of the rewards in game without stepping outside of their comfort zone. It’s not that people will not be able to play through the missions (or parts of the missions). It’s that the reward will be out of reach of that 2 to 5 person guild.

I think this is an incentive to form alliances (wish they were in GW2) with other guilds. But some may think that these are incentives for people to leave for larger guilds.

And imo, wrong or right, if Guild Missions and a reduced WP cost are enough to break apart that tight-knit group that’s been together for years…

But I do respect your opinion. And I’m sure that if you guys speak frequently and with as much passion as you are doing now, ANet will yield.

I just spent 40 bucks on gems this month and the best way for my opinion to be felt is not to buy anymore gems. I mean I can always run dungeons for easy gold right? ;-)

I can guarantee you not one more penny of my money will be spent on this game if it continues down the path it’s been on since Nov 15 when all this began.

There are way to many good games out there to be loyal to one that doesn’t appreciate ALL of it’s players.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sereloth.4378

Sereloth.4378

I just spent 40 bucks on gems this month and the best way for my opinion to be felt is not to buy anymore gems. I mean I can always run dungeons for easy gold right? ;-)

I can guarantee you not one more penny of my money will be spent on this game if it continues down the path it’s been on since Nov 15 when all this began.

There are way to many good games out there to be loyal to one that doesn’t appreciate ALL of it’s players.

This is such a horrible attitude to have. Specially towards an MMO. First of all, “appreciation” is an internal state. Therefore, a person can appreciate someone else without acting on it. What I can assume you are referring to by “appreciate” is “cater”. You want Anet to cater to ALL of it’s players’ wishes. Can you imagine what a mess of a game that would be? There are so many complains and suggestions about how each and every person would like GW2 to be, that there’s absolutely no way to satisfy every single player.

(edited by Sereloth.4378)

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

Nobody is arguing that large guilds should not be given content for large guilds. I fully endorse that.

I also fully endorse large guilds having cool things they can guy.

What I do oppose is not being on equal footing on launch day…

Also… I oppose the idea that some rewards might ONLY be available when content made for 500 people is completed. Rewards should be based on expenditure, not the exact content completed. Meaning that a small guild could save up for that big reward if it wanted to. And I do realize we don’t even know much about what forms the rewards are going to take, this is purely in response to your previous question asking if larger guilds complete content for larger guilds they should earn rewards of better quality than a small guild can in no way complete on it’s own. Cost isn’t the issue… people are willing to save up… equality is the issue.

My 20 man guild should be on equal footing with EVERY guild in the game when the new content is released. If we don’t have enough influence to research that upgrade, so be it… but gating it in a tree we have no use for is kitten poor treatment. Making the upgrade cost tens of thousands of influence to research isn’t the issue either… if you want it to cost the same as getting all 5 tiers of AoW… I’m fine with that… as long as on patch day I have the same opportunity as every other guild in the game to research that upgrade.

We don’t appreciate being told we aren’t equal… that our only choice is to pay the tax, wait a few weeks, and bleed players….. or dissolve a guild we have pride in to join the collective and tattoo a number on our neck.

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

This is such a horrible attitude to have. Specially towards an MMO. First of all, “appreciation” is an internal state. Therefore, a person can appreciate someone else without acting on it. What I can assume you are referring to by “appreciate” is “cater”. You want Anet to cater to ALL of it’s players’ wishes. Can you imagine what a mess of a game that would be? There are so many complains and suggestions about how each and every person would like GW2 to be, that there’s absolutely no way to satisfy every single player.

I didn’t say that… correct your quote.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

We are saving Art of War until last to upgrade. Everything else seemed more useful to our small guild. Some of us play in WvW but not as a guild. We decided that Art of War would wait.

:(

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No. I’d be completely okay with much slower rate of advancing through the new guild upgrades (due to not being able to do mass crowd missions), but i do want to be able to get to the same end point eventually, and not wait at least half a month before even starting.
So, small missions accessible at lower tier PvE upgrades, that let small guilds earn Merits at a slow rate. Big missions further up the tech tree, with better merit rewards.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Guild Missions [merged]

Sereloth.4378

Nobody is arguing that large guilds should not be given content for large guilds. I fully endorse that.

Also… I oppose the idea that some rewards might ONLY be available when content made for 500 people is completed. Rewards should be based on expenditure, not the exact content completed. Meaning that a small guild could save up for that big reward if it wanted to. And I do realize we don’t even know much about what forms the rewards are going to take, this is purely in response to your previous question asking if larger guilds complete content for larger guilds they should earn rewards of better quality than a small guild can in no way complete on it’s own. Cost isn’t the issue… people are willing to save up… equality is the issue.

My 20 man guild should be on equal footing with EVERY guild in the game when the new content is released. If we don’t have enough influence to research that upgrade, so be it… but gating it in a tree we have no use for is kitten poor treatment. Making the upgrade cost tens of thousands of influence to research isn’t the issue either… if you want it to cost the same as getting all 5 tiers of AoW… I’m fine with that… as long as on patch day I have the same opportunity as every other guild in the game to research that upgrade.

We don’t appreciate being told we aren’t equal… that our only choice is to pay the tax, wait a few weeks, and bleed players….. or dissolve a guild we have pride in to join the collective and tattoo a number on our neck.

I don’t understand the bolded part. So you would be fine with it costing the same as it currently would cost being in AoW tier 5? What’s the point in that? You would pay the same but get less perks. By doing it the current way, you are also unlocking WvW perks that you may at some point decide to use.

Guild Missions [merged]

Sereloth.4378

I didn’t say that… correct your quote.

Woops! Sorry about that. Fixed.

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

I don’t understand the bolded part. So you would be fine with it costing the same as it currently would cost being in AoW tier 5? What’s the point in that? You would pay the same but get less perks. By doing it the current way, you are also unlocking WvW perks that you may at some point decide to use.

Because build time for all 5 tiers of wvw (a tech tree we have no use for at this time and don’t expect to at any point) is minimum 16 days.

At some point, if we want wvw perks… we can unlock wvw perks. A small guild of 20 has absolutely no business claiming structures in wvw. We play wvw… but we respect that there are only so many structures to be claimed, and that large wvw guilds would benefit from both the recognition the claiming provides, as well as providing to the structure the upgrades and defense it means to claim it in the first place. It is just like NOT taking supply from a keep that is already low when you can run to a camp… good team work is good team work. If you can’t field enough assets, you don’t take away the opportunity from someone who can.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Syosha.5917

Syosha.5917

Ha, the only thing I have to say is….I better at least get 1 rare from a mission, if the STARTING requirement is art of war ‘level 5’. Work for the “chance” to do a mission, once again, rewards are sub par. (remains to be seen though).….Nevertheless, should be fun I guess. lol