Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Just to give a concept on casual, small-guild influence gain rate, We’ve been putting all but I think 1000 influence into architecture. We’re only halfway to architecture level 4. So long as it requires level 6 architecture before you even get to the 200 influence puzzle…
then it will require 70k influence just to unlock architecture level 6. As long as we spend it ALL on architecture.
We’ve only gained 13k influence over time since the very beginning of the game, which is about 6 months. That means, at our current rate of influence gain, it will take us 2 and 2/3 YEARS just to unlock tier 6. And it will take us… 2 years for the puzzle unlock.

Is it really fair that it should take 5 years for a small guild of about 4-5 active members to get ONE guild mission unlock?! And it has to be the puzzle for us as we’ve already put influence in architecture. And it would take us OVER 5 MORE YEARS to obtain any of the others!

Does this really seem fair?

I thought whether or not you were casual and whether or not your guild was large wasn’t going to factor into content you’d get to play.

Not to upset you, but are you aware that you need to unlock ALL the other guild mission types FIRST (in a specific order – Bounties is step 1), before you can unlock Guild Puzzle? These require the other 3 research tiers at level 6 too.

(I believe the order is Bounties → Rush → Trek → Challenge → Puzzle.
Correct me if I’m wrong, please.)

(edited by Jornophelanthas.1475)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Just to give a concept on casual, small-guild influence gain rate, We’ve been putting all but I think 1000 influence into architecture. We’re only halfway to architecture level 4. So long as it requires level 6 architecture before you even get to the 200 influence puzzle…
then it will require 70k influence just to unlock architecture level 6. As long as we spend it ALL on architecture.
We’ve only gained 13k influence over time since the very beginning of the game, which is about 6 months. That means, at our current rate of influence gain, it will take us 2 and 2/3 YEARS just to unlock tier 6. And it will take us… 2 years for the puzzle unlock.

Is it really fair that it should take 5 years for a small guild of about 4-5 active members to get ONE guild mission unlock?! And it has to be the puzzle for us as we’ve already put influence in architecture. And it would take us OVER 5 MORE YEARS to obtain any of the others!

Does this really seem fair?

I thought whether or not you were casual and whether or not your guild was large wasn’t going to factor into content you’d get to play.

Not to upset you, but are you aware that you need to unlock ALL the other guild mission types FIRST (in a specific order – Bounties is step 1), before you can unlock Guild Puzzle? These require the other 3 research tiers at level 6 too.

So it’s worse than I thought. I’m going to do some calculations and post them just to show the absurdity of the requirement (because seriously, if this is true, then for my guild it looks like at least 20 years, which is beyond absurd, but I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt and calculate with your fact in mind).

Just out of curiosity, post some influence gain rates, then I may factor them into my calculations. (like I’ll say 13k over 6 moths for mine) Make sure you put the influence gained and over what time period.

I’m assuming you have to have the 50k unlock done before going to the others, just to make sure my calculations aren’t incorrect.

And why the Art of War one first?! It seems the least useful to us >_< And the bounty mission seems the least fun.

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

There is one thing that could muddy up your calculations, which is that completing guild missions may earn a guild more influence than any other activity. You would have to ask guilds with Bounty access how much influence it earns.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

When Guild Wars first introduced the ability to join Multiple Guilds it made scence that your going to have your friends that you PvE with and the friends that you PvP with or WvW with. It just made natural scence. But now you are praticaly demanding you join a large guild just for this new content.

When the Guesting Feature was introduced this further the development of having an expansive guild. Not everyone needed to represent, not everyone needed to be on the same server. WvW with the server you want, and guest to your friends for PvE.

But now with the new Guild Missions not only do you have to be on the server but now you have to represent. The entire Guild Freedom is taken away in an instant.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

Art of War is the first to unlock at level 5. To get to level 5 you need 36.5k influence + 30k influence to unlock the mission or 66.5k influence to unlock the first one.

Someone earlier said they earned 1k influence in 2 1/2 hours of focused play with their small guild. So if they did that every day it would take > 2 months to unlock the first one.

This isn’t the first seemingly impossible achievement ArenaNet has created:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Maths-on-WvW-titles-inside/first#post1388962

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Is there a reason small guilds can’t run the events with big guilds? I mean the whole point of having them in the persistent world is that everyone can participate right?

If you aren’t big enough to have the influence you don’t need the guild merits so you can just do all the missions and get all the rewards from larger guilds running them.

There is really no good reason to take away the one long term goal that large guilds have been given just so small guilds can feel good about themselves. Small guilds can still participate and still get the rewards from these missions they just can’t get the prestige of being a big guild unless they are a big guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

The problem with participating in a Guild Mission another guild started is that you don’t get the real reward. You get some reward but no chest which contain exotic weapons. Considering this is what most people are after while the new content would be fun it would be better if you got something out of it.

Guild Missions [merged]

nalenb.1425

Art of War is first because the other unlocks require the new guild merit badges as part of the unlock. Influence can be bought at 1k influence for 2 gold.

Art of War (level 5) – 66.5k (or 133 gold)
Politics (level 6) – 116.5k + 80 merits (or 233 gold)
Economics (level 6) – 116.5k + 30 merits (or 233 gold)
Architecture (level 6) – 116.5k + 250 merits (or 233 gold)

Total is 416k influence needed (or 832 gold). At 1k influence a day (2 1/2 hours of focused small guild work), that’s just over a year to unlock them all.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

Guild Missions [merged]

nalenb.1425

Guild levels are:
level 1 – 500
level 2 – 1000
level 3 – 5000
level 4 – 10000
level 5 – 20000
level 6 – 30000

Art of War unlock is 30k, the other 3 unlocks are 50k (plus merits)

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Let´s me see….

I have a small guild (25 members). Ok, no problem, i can handle the new content with this ppl.

We haven´t enough influence to reach AoW5 and unlock Bounty Hunt missions. Ok, no problem, with some effort we can buy it with gold.

We are a PvE focused guild, so we used our influence in Economics, Politcs and Arch (AoW is useless to us, why spend influence on it?). With your great desing of Guild Missions we need to wait two weeks to start play the new content!!! This is just ridiculous.

Really i dont understand which is the goal with this type of obstacles. The solution is simple. Move the unlock option to any categorie at lvl 1 (and reduce the cost). Not the next patch, not the next week, TODAY!!

yeah, not gonna happen, cant go back now. guilds have already spent influence to unlock and upgrade to be able to unlock.

Guilds already unlock the missions can keep. It is not necessary unlock again.

what about the guilds who bought gold to buy influence to unlock? do they get the gold back? who specifcially get the gold back? or do they get the influence back? see there is no changing it now.

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

Well, at the rate of influence gain for my guild, it would take us 18 years to unlock them all, 2.5 years to unlock 1 (I miss-calculated the first time). In 18 years we may not even be playing GW.

As far as that 2 month rate, I have to work and go to school, and the other members have school, so we can’t just go at that rate. Even if we double our influence gain, that will make it 9 years required to get them all.

As far as the problem with running it with big guilds is that 1. you don’t get the rewards and 2. It encourages larger guilds to take members from smaller guilds, making them even larger and the smaller guilds even smaller and even less able to get to their goals, along with splitting up groups.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Hyperion.9704

Hyperion.9704

Like World of Warcraft, I’ll likely be leaving GW2 if it starts to force you to play in multi player guilds to unlock the higher tiers of rewards.

It’s foolish, and gives an unfair advantage to people who spam open recruitment guilds or otherwise have very lax recruitment measures.

Guild Missions [merged]

nalenb.1425

There is really no good reason to take away the one long term goal that large guilds have been given just so small guilds can feel good about themselves. Small guilds can still participate and still get the rewards from these missions they just can’t get the prestige of being a big guild unless they are a big guild.

I don’t think the argument is about “feeling good”, it’s about experiencing the content. Part of the promise of the game was that every player could experience the game without grind and on an equal footing. For example, WvW scales up players to level 80, so every player has access to it. You may not do as well, you may die often, but you can experience it. There are no zones that are closed to any player. sPvP is also scaled. Dungeons have a level requirement, but once you meet it, it doesn’t matter what your gear is, what your experience is, or what guild you are in.

The game is called Guild Wars, so I guess we are seeing the beginning of the wars, i.e. big vs. small.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

I really would like a tiered system where you can say unlock a guild mission at tier 3, rather than 6, but it would be easier, with lesser rewards, such that you can a) experience the content and b) obtain the better content in a more fun way. Also, I dislike that they’re forcing an order of obtaining these missions. Please get rid of that. I just want the puzzle and the trek for my guild and unfortunately I have to unlock all the others just to get them. And we’ll probably never use the others.

There have been other things about GW2 that have annoyed me, but this has positively infuriated me. I really hope they have a solution… and fast!

Now I’m going to have to tell my recruit that if he wants the shiny new guild content, he’ll have to go somewhere else. And what am I going to say to try to recruit people? Please, join our smaller guild so we can get a fully upgraded vault box faster, then we’ll start working on guild missions, which will take years without your help! That’s not exactly a good sell…

If there’s anyone on Gate of Madness who wants to join a small, relaxed guild, that will take years to get this content, PM me! And don’t worry, we won’t exactly be changing our playstyle just for this content!

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Quintal.6594

Quintal.6594

Just to echo what many others are saying.. my small guild is dead due to this. We will be joining a larger zerg guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

Let´s me see….

I have a small guild (25 members). Ok, no problem, i can handle the new content with this ppl.

We haven´t enough influence to reach AoW5 and unlock Bounty Hunt missions. Ok, no problem, with some effort we can buy it with gold.

We are a PvE focused guild, so we used our influence in Economics, Politcs and Arch (AoW is useless to us, why spend influence on it?). With your great desing of Guild Missions we need to wait two weeks to start play the new content!!! This is just ridiculous.

Really i dont understand which is the goal with this type of obstacles. The solution is simple. Move the unlock option to any categorie at lvl 1 (and reduce the cost). Not the next patch, not the next week, TODAY!!

yeah, not gonna happen, cant go back now. guilds have already spent influence to unlock and upgrade to be able to unlock.

what about the guilds who bought gold to buy influence to unlock? do they get the gold back? who specifcially get the gold back? or do they get the influence back? see there is no changing it now.

I spend 350g on 100 charged lodestones for my Sunrise. Now ANET introduce Orr Jeweler bags and charged lodestones cost 2g each. I Lost 150g, give me money back.

The problem isnt the influence cost, is the time to research AoW lvl5. If a guild already have this lvl in AoW is because that is what they wanted and now just need to research Guild Bounties unlock. The rest of the ppl still wait 2 weeks to reach first AoW 5 then Guild Bounties.

(edited by ExaDal.2017)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Let´s me see….

I spend 350g on 100 cheraged lodestones for my Sunrise. Now ANET introduce Orr Jeweler bags and cherged lodestones cost 2g each. I Lost 150g, give me money back.

RNG mechanic is not the same as the case i stated, keep trying though

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

Like World of Warcraft, I’ll likely be leaving GW2 if it starts to force you to play in multi player guilds to unlock the higher tiers of rewards.

It’s foolish, and gives an unfair advantage to people who spam open recruitment guilds or otherwise have very lax recruitment measures.

Still, to be fair, all the worthwhile rewards that can be earned through Guild Missions may also be gotten in other ways.

- Rares, exotics and precursors also drop elsewhere (and even had their drop rate slightly increased in the world event chests)
- Ascended accessories can be bought at the laurel vendor (at 40 laurels + 50 ectoplasm apiece)

Everything else the Guild Commendations vendor has for sale is either cosmetic (e.g. minis, tonics) or redundant (e.g. boosters, exotic backpieces).

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

Still, to be fair, all the worthwhile rewards that can be earned through Guild Missions may also be gotten in other ways.

- Rares, exotics and precursors also drop elsewhere (and even had their drop rate slightly increased in the world event chests)
- Ascended accessories can be bought at the laurel vendor (at 40 laurels + 50 ectoplasm apiece)

Everything else the Guild Commendations vendor has for sale is either cosmetic (e.g. minis, tonics) or redundant (e.g. boosters, exotic backpieces).

Yeah, but larger guilds can likely buy rares, exotics, precursors and honestly just get them at a faster rate in the first place. This will give them an even larger advantage over smaller guilds.

If this is there for large guilds, then I want content that works ONLY if you have a small guild >_<

An alliance system would be good, too. For smaller guilds to join together and combine their influence to unlock it for all guilds in the alliance.

(edited by Lorelei.7809)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

Anet’s PR dept handled this all wrong. They made it sound like it was suppose to be this ‘casual’ content that all guilds, big or small could partake in. This is wrong.

They should of said. “The guild missions system is high end content that can only be complete by medium to large guilds. The guild missions content is not casual, its designed with the raider in mind. It will take time and dedication and numbers to unlock and complete this new high end anti casual game content. Sorry small guilds but you might be left out.”

All of the content Anet has released thus far has been aimed at casual-light play. Low point of entry cost and easily completed content. I think we have all been spoiled.

Funny thing is, is that I am in a mega guild. And guess what? I wont be able to see or participate in this new content due to time zones. So even people in large guilds will be left out in this due to how it has been implemented.

I fell terrible for the small guilds, I really do. I hope Anet does something to rectify it, at least to some degree.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Well, I had posted this in a separate thread but it got closed and I was told to post it here. Even though it is totally unrelated to the discussion in this thread, here it goes:

What time/day do the rewards for Guild Missions reset?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

guild mission is a good idea.
but when it needs the huge influence to unlock, that’s suck.

Guild Missions [merged]

Jornophelanthas.1475

Well, I had posted this in a separate thread but it got closed and I was told to post it here. Even though it is totally unrelated to the discussion in this thread, here it goes:

What time/day do the rewards for Guild Missions reset?

If someone reading this knows the answer, I’m sure they will tell you. I don’t know, unfortunately.

Perhaps you could post in the “Players helping players” subforum. It’s not as heavily moderated as this one, and players actually go there with the thought of sharing their knowledge with others.

This is assuming some players have already found out how this system works, of course. Perhaps an answer is only available next week. (Because I believe it resets weekly, correct?)

Guild Missions [merged]

Lorelei.7809

Yeah it resets weekly. It likely resets at 4 PM pacific time on some day of the week (as dailies reset at 7 EST/day)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

This is appears even worse then raids, my guild is now going to do it on even worse nolife style time (saturaday 9 GMT!) so gj arenanet, if next patch fails, wich probably will, or you continue nerfing everything it will be good bye for good and i know there are thousands that will quit too.

Guild Missions [merged]

ExaDal.2017

Let´s me see….

I spend 350g on 100 cheraged lodestones for my Sunrise. Now ANET introduce Orr Jeweler bags and cherged lodestones cost 2g each. I Lost 150g, give me money back.

RNG mechanic is not the same as the case i stated, keep trying though

Is just a ironic example, try to read between lines. All MMO introducing changes that may harm already done things.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You know, now this thread is winding down and away from actually offering any kind of suggestions or study of the Guild Missions and breaking down into yet more complaints about how people conduct themselves. I don’t think this will last much longer.

Once again, I feel less like trying to chime in because what I have to say doesn’t matter or won’t be actually heard over the rest of it. Even trying to just keep conversation on topic is too much, because by the time I finished sleeping I see this thread has picked up more destructive sentiments than constructive ones.

I’m going back to building sandcastles in Minecraft, someone wake me when it’s over.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

You know, now this thread is winding down and away from actually offering any kind of suggestions or study of the Guild Missions and breaking down into yet more complaints about how people conduct themselves. I don’t think this will last much longer.

Once again, I feel less like trying to chime in because what I have to say doesn’t matter or won’t be actually heard over the rest of it. Even trying to just keep conversation on topic is too much, because by the time I finished sleeping I see this thread has picked up more destructive sentiments than constructive ones.

I’m going back to building sandcastles in Minecraft, someone wake me when it’s over.

I find it interesting that this thread wound down after a bit over 1000 posts, and never even got close to the 11000 mark. Did we lose so many after November 15th? How many will be left to protest the next update?

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I find it interesting that this thread wound down after a bit over 1000 posts, and never even got close to the 11000 mark. Did we lose so many after November 15th? How many will be left to protest the next update?

It’s “wound down” as I put it because we’re no longer making any new points or suggestions. We’re just shouting at each other.

Mungrul raised a good point.

As a leader, if someone joins my guild just to get to participate in the guild events but doesn’t represent the guild to earn the influence required to start those events, he will get in trouble and will most likely get the boot if he doesn’t change is behavior.

I have a word for that kind of behavior – it’s called a “leech”. And I don’t like leeches. Want to benefit from the size of my guild? You better also participate in building it.

Like the stuff which followed from this.

Like the continuous “ArenaNet owes us answers, aren’t they even reading this?” even as four pages go up in eight hours.

That’s why it’s “winding down”. Not because people have stopped input but because the input isn’t being helpful to the discussion.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Sovta.4719

Players had constructive criticism and they ignored pretty much 95% of it, now players are leaving and those who stay see that normal discussion is pointless.

Guild Missions [merged]

nalenb.1425

I suspect ArenaNet created this thread to just let people vent. Doesn’t seem to serve any other purpose.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

I suspect ArenaNet created this thread to just let people vent. Doesn’t seem to serve any other purpose.

Of course it doesn’t. Why else would they start asking for our opinions & concerns only 4 days before the patch goes live? It’s just to create the illusion that they care. They couldn’t change anything anymore at this point.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

IMO prices of these unlocks should scale with size and so should the events.

So you think a small 5 man guild paying (e.g.) 5000 influence for something, and a larger 50 man guild paying 50.000 for the same thing would be fair?
Sorry if I completely disagree.
It would be a bit like saying that if 5 people have a job in your home/family, everything should be 5x more expensive for you than for the single working person, just for the sake of fairness. Sorry if I don’t buy that kind of nonsense.

We have never recruited using chat spam, we have a quite strict recruitment system with mandatory web application, yet we have 30 actively playing members.
It’s all about how good the people in charge of recruitment are, and my officer in charge of that is an ace

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

(edited by Korrigan.4837)

Guild Missions [merged]

nalenb.1425

Of course it doesn’t. Why else would they start asking for our opinions & concerns only 4 days before the patch goes live? It’s just to create the illusion that they care. They couldn’t change anything anymore at this point.

Yeah, I was pointing out the obvious. I play almost 100% WvW and I’ve seen the non-attention they’ve paid to that section of the game.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

How can you get merits if you can’t do the the quests which need merits to unlock quests?

I know it only costs 200 for each thing to start one. But you can’t buy that until you by the 150-200 merit + 50k influence thing first.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Guild Missions [merged]

Kuzzi.2198

Yeah it resets weekly. It likely resets at 4 PM pacific time on some day of the week (as dailies reset at 7 EST/day)

The day of the week is really important to me. If it reset on Friday, we have to speed up bounty and finish them before the reset.

Guild Missions [merged]

ExaDal.2017

How can you get merits if you can’t do the the quests which need merits to unlock quests?

I know it only costs 200 for each thing to start one. But you can’t buy that until you by the 150-200 merit + 50k influence thing first.

First guild mission (Bounty Hunt) dont need merits to unlock.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Players had constructive criticism and they ignored pretty much 95% of it, now players are leaving and those who stay see that normal discussion is pointless.

Here are three examples as to why further discussion isn’t going to go anywhere. First, we have the sentiment that “they don’t care and aren’t listening”, an attitude which pretty much winds up marking any input tantamount to spitting into the wind. It doesn’t foster any meaningful discussion, it just stirs up negativity.

Secondly, especially the last one you can see here, it attributes to everyone one attitude in a blanket statement. This isn’t going to do anything but . . . again, stir up negativity and not allow anyone to make a point. It also asserts the “true players” are all gone inbetween the lines, so anyone who has anything positive to say must not be worth listening to.

The third thing all three posts does is present and consistently reinforce the sense of powerlessness. It entices people to believe they can’t do anything no matter what they say, so why bother posting their opinion? It paints any discussion as worthless, even the kind which could have constructive ideas.

Lastly, and perhaps most sadly, there’s posts which I didn’t quote which are basically just sniping at other comments and trying to tear down people rather than ideas. When the posters are led to think they’re powerless, that the devs don’t care, and that anyone who has anything nice to say isn’t worth listening to? This fourth sentiment grows stronger and stifles anything of any value.

Please, can we get constructive talk back in here?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

All I can say is… WOW… how to totally miss the point by a country mile.. or perhaps a Global mile may be more apt.

Releasing content that all but excludes small guilds is just dumb.

So, when you make bold statements like “PLAY YOUR WAY”, what you really mean is play your way but you cant play this or that cos you dont fit the mandate we have designed our incredible GATED guild system around…

So if small guilds prefer only to dabble in WvW or PvP, we now have to play your way in order to even attempt to be included – ooh that’s right in a month, 3 months, 6 months, a year you might of thought up some other idea to maybe reintrouce some of the small guilds into the guild system…
Now your telling us small guilds (you know, ones that might be a closed guild of say 2-6 friends & family members or are a hardened bunch of MMO gamers who have been round the block, know each others game and like to keep it close nit with a view to only recruiting quality players that we get to know over time ingame), now have to become one of the desperado guilds who constantly have to spam Map chat repetitively to pick up the “anybodies” from their /whisper me for immediate invite dribble …. NO THANKS!

I prefer my small guild of trusted players with no drama, all play regular and have voice chat for some social interaction…. I will leave the “we take any player.com” guilds to flush this content away.

I have been pretty forgiving and supportive of ANET since before launch but if I am honest this “exclusive” content update and continual poor patching quality has started to take it toll on me to the point I can hear the death knolls – I’ve tried to fall in love with GW2 like I did with GW1 but excluding guilds of any size from guild content / guild rewards is just plain dumb.
All you had to do was create a new Guild Line to measure progress/unlocks etc which had no bearing on whether the guild played WvW or PvP or PvE so that it could pcil and choose its guild goals and then utilise difficulty scaling based on the number of players in a group who are guilded or who are in the relevant istance/event zone etc and if necessary scale the reward back with some form influence / loot penalty…. course that would be too sensible an approach I guess.

You have gated the guild system and the game content and I hope it leaves much egg on face.
Sadly for me its time to head back to my MMO of choice (No I dont mean WoW Panda either) where guilds get to enjoy all content, no matter what their size, skill level and commitment to certain game functionalities.

Outstanding post. Echoes my thought’s exactly.

Guild Missions [merged]

nalenb.1425

Lastly, and perhaps most sadly, there’s posts which I didn’t quote which are basically just sniping at other comments and trying to tear down people rather than ideas. When the posters are led to think they’re powerless, that the devs don’t care, and that anyone who has anything nice to say isn’t worth listening to? This fourth sentiment grows stronger and stifles anything of any value.

Please, can we get constructive talk back in here?

I play almost 100% WvW. Since pre-launch the WvW community has been trying to give constructive feedback to ArenaNet. We beg for communication from them. We’ve had the WvW “major” update delayed for months. Yes, I’m frustrated and hopeless about it. So when I see a thread asking for our input, it’s like poking an open wound. It hurts and reminds me of how many times this has happened before.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Everything else in the open world Dynamically scales when it comes to group content. Why not Guild Missions ArenaNet?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

So you think a small 5 man guild paying (e.g.) 5000 influence for something, and a larger 50 man guild paying 50.000 for the same thing would be fair?
It would be a bit like saying that if 5 people have a job in your home/family, everything should be 5x more expensive for you than for the single working person, just for the sake of fairness. Sorry if I don’t buy that kind of nonsense.
——————
so if 5 ppl each spent one dollar and 50 ppl each spent one dollar, which single person spent the most amount of money?
I agree with you on some of your points, but this one no. If you decide to respond please answer the question first.

Guild Missions [merged]

ExaDal.2017

@Tobias Trueflight: if you read all the post you can found a lot of great ideas, solutions and constructive comments. This is a discussion forum, is normal that not all the comments are constuctive.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

——————
so if 5 ppl each spent one dollar and 50 ppl each spent one dollar, which single person spent the most amount of money?
I agree with you on some of your points, but this one no. If you decide to respond please answer the question first.

Your question doesn’t make any sense. What you are arguing for is basically the destruction of any advantage for associating with other people in game.
Yes, 50 people together will achieve goals faster than 5 people. It’s normal. That’s how life works too, by the way.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Guild Missions [merged]

Kuzzi.2198

Answer: Each person spent the same amount of money.
Relevance to guild missions: None.

The correct question would be if a group of 5 people each spent 1 dollar and a group of 50 people each spent 1 dollar, which group would be able to afford a $50 item first.

Same exact thing here, small guilds will get guild missions, just not as fast as large guilds. (And they can get it just as fast if they just put in the effort to farm influence/gold)

Guild Missions [merged]

Sovta.4719

[quote=1539682;Korrigan.4837:]

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

I wasn’t asking about relevance to guild missions, I thought my questions was a simple one without any implications. and was directed towards scaling.

please do not take what I said and try to add something in there I clearly did not say.
which is a common thing in this thread.

Guild Missions [merged]

Kuzzi.2198

I wasn’t asking about relevance to guild missions, I thought my questions was a simple one without any implications. and was directed towards scaling.

please do not take what I said and try to add something in there I clearly did not say.
which is a common thing in this thread.

This is a thread about guild missions. If your input is not relevant to guild missions then you are in the wrong thread.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Scalpel.8163

Scalpel.8163

With the way guild missions are currently implemented, It will take me and my friend to participate in the very awesome sounding guild puzzle an eternity.

Also, I’m really worried about the fact that I won’t be able to get the new ascended trinkets.

Why create super cool content, that is accessible to small groups, that want to have fun (guild puzzles and rushes) and lock them out completely for a majority of your population ? What are you even thinking arenanet ?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

Over 1000 posts and they are still not saying anything at all. Communicate with us

I agree, the silence from Anet, in a thread they started, is deafening. I find it hilariously ironic that devs have enough time to post on every page of a thread about the Final Rest item, but can’t be bothered to even pop into this thread and say, “we are listening.” Couple this with the massive lag fest which was every event I tried to participate in yesterday, and I am starting to question whether Anet is purposely tanking this game.

ESO… 2013