Next Game Build: Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fakkahe.3108

Fakkahe.3108

Everything you linked is something tied to tradition or holidays, living story, content updates not ordinary “patches”. I never said that they “must” release patch on tuesdays, but they always done that get your facts straight.

That release was on a friday btw
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/

Does that mean they are not patches?
Are we suddenly using a completely different definition of patch now? You claimed that they have never had any patches on other days than Tuesdays, with is clearly very false, seeing as multiple large updates have been released on other days.

And no, the event started on Friday, but the patch itself went live on Thursday on November 15th.

You keep claiming I am wrong, and yet you provide no proof that I am wrong, while I on the other hand have provided quite a bit of proof that I am indeed correct and your statements about only patches on Tuesdays is clearly wrong.

Yes that does indeed mean that they are not patches, they are clearly planned content releases, not changes and features. Since this thread was about a patch i took it for granted that the subject would be about patches which i stated.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Dev 1: “STOP THE UPDATE! STOP EVERYTHING!”
Manager 1: “What?! Why? You know we have deadlines, this had better be good!”
Dev 1: “If we push this through, Norns will be able to do Troll’s End!”

Long pause…

Manager 1: “STOP THE UPDATE! STOP EVERYTHING!”

edit sorry, couldn’t resist with all the talk of camera changes and such. I do hope that they can get whatever is delaying things worked out soonl

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes that does indeed mean that they are not patches, they are clearly planned content releases, not changes and features. Since this thread was about a patch i took it for granted that the subject would be about patches which i stated.

And yet every single one of the releases I linked included changes and features. Point stands: Claiming that there have never been updates on other days than Tuesdays is blatantly false.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: EoNenmacil.2361

EoNenmacil.2361

Sad but good for me. I have a Test Wen, Means i cant study!!!!!!

2nd Officer of Ethereal Guardians ~Syinne Rio~

Fakkahe.3108

And yet every single one of the releases I linked included changes and features. Point stands: Claiming that there have never been updates on other days than Tuesdays is blatantly false.

Please read my first post again that YOU commented on. I clearly stated that i was refering to ordinary patches NOT releases, ofc releases have changes and features added aswell, patches are minor releases two completely diffrent things. Clearly we have different definition on the matter. With that said, you didn’t make a point in my book that changed my mind because i wasn’t refering to releases!

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Camera changes, stability changes, and… maybe SAB?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I must say I am really disappointed and bummed by this for 3 reasons.

1. Delaying something on the day/day before (depending on your timezone), something is supposed to be released is not cool.

2. Also no new release date, just somewhere in the future apparantly.

3. And the reason why. A Q&A test? Why? Seems like something you should have done weeks ago, not on the day it’s supposed to be released..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

1. Delaying something on the day/day before (depending on your timezone), something is supposed to be released is not cool.

3. And the reason why. A Q&A test? Why? Seems like something you should have done weeks ago, not on the day it’s supposed to be released..

Every GW2 patch seems to be down to the last second.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Typical forums.

Players: Anet doesn’t communicate with the people on the forums.

Anet communicating on forums: Sorry but there will be a delay for the next update due to technical reasons.

Players: Why you no update on time! I’m so mad!

The Burninator

Posted by: stirfriedsoul.9475

stirfriedsoul.9475

Initially, the March 10th build was for stability and camera changes. Does this mean that BOTH changes will come at a later date or can we expect maybe one tomorrow (camera changes)?

JustTrogdor.7892

Initially, the March 10th build was for stability and camera changes. Does this mean that BOTH changes will come at a later date or can we expect maybe one tomorrow (camera changes)?

Hey there,

We know that some of you are anticipating a new build for Guild Wars 2 on March 10th. We wanted to give you a heads up that the game update is coming, but it will not be going out on March 10th.

The Burninator

Fakkahe.3108

Typical forums.

Anet communicating on forums: Sorry but there will be a delay for the next update due to technical reasons.

Well the reason i’m irritated is because they told us that they would release the FoV on 10th of march, then they announce ON THE PATCH DAY that they are moving it.

How would you feel if anyone said that they were going to give you a snickers on the 10th of march and you were really looking forward to it, then on the same day they told you that the snickers were broken and that they will give you the snickers bar later without estimated time on the matter. Well that would make me disappointed at least.

haha maybe a very bad example but i hope you get what i’m going for xD

Posted by: Avruk.2953

Avruk.2953

31st of march or 1st of april for trolling – SAB. not confirmed but it is aniversary

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Please read my first post again that YOU commented on. I clearly stated that i was refering to ordinary patches NOT releases, ofc releases have changes and features added aswell, patches are minor releases two completely diffrent things. Clearly we have different definition on the matter. With that said, you didn’t make a point in my book that changed my mind because i wasn’t refering to releases!

Regardless of the whether a Living Story update or a “mere” patch have the same merits, what arcane rule of MMOs stipulates that the delay has to be a full week? Why not Wednsday? or Friday? or next Monday?

You stipulate that the last time there was a delay, it was for a full week, but others have pointed out that it was released right when they said they would. Even if that was false and you’re the one who’s right, do we even know why it was delayed? How long it took to fix? How much extra QA testing was required to make sure they did fix it? It might have been delayed a whole week because it took a whole week to make sure it was working right. The fact that they’re delaying this patch does suggest that the problem is big, but it might be a big problem with a simple fix that they just want to make sure is fixed before release.

Every GW2 patch seems to be down to the last second.

Alternatively, if you’re running an MMO and have full control of the patching process, why not keep doing QA testing down to the last second? That thinking, of course, is assuming that the content itself was finished a reasonable amount of time ago, and wasn’t planned to only get finished this afternoon.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

then they announce ON THE PATCH DAY that they are moving it.

Yeah that’s my problem too. If you are going to delay something, don’t do it on the day of the deadline. You can’t convince me Anet didn’t realize they couldn’t make the deadline until the last moment.

That and the fact there is no new release date. If it’s a delay of only one or two days then no big deal, but it could be a delay of a week or more for all we know.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

JustTrogdor.7892

Typical forums.

Well the reason i’m irritated is because they told us that they would release the FoV on 10th of march, then they announce ON THE PATCH DAY that they are moving it.

How would you feel if anyone said that they were going to give you a snickers on the 10th of march and you were really looking forward to it, then on the same day they told you that the snickers were broken and that they will give you the snickers bar later without estimated time on the matter. Well that would make me disappointed at least.

I can live without candy bars and I can live for many days (probably even weeks or months. ) without GW2 updates when they were supposed to happen. It is a video game. Last time I checked video games were not at the base of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.

MMOs are very complex games. Things happen and delays happen. You will survive, trust me. Would you rather they just release a completely busted patch so you can rage on the forum about how busted it is or would you rather they thoroughly test it before release? You know maybe they found some issues at the last minute that will take a bit to fix. These things happen in games.

Would you have rather they said nothing and then you sit there all day waiting for a patch that didn’t come?

You can be disappointed all you want but you will live. Trust me, you will get through it.

Game designers, especially MMO designers can’t win ever no matter how hard they try. Some of the responses in this thread are a perfect example of that.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

My 2 cents is going toward the start of the closed beta, :P

Posted by: Hot Sauce.2867

Hot Sauce.2867

OhmygoodnessI’msoexcitedIcan’tusemyspacebar… The anticipation for the break bar is killing me! Ahhh!

But I expect no less from you guys. When you finish working hard, make sure to take some time to play hard along with the rest of us

P.S. Thanks for letting us outstay our welcome at Pax! <3 had too much fun hanging out

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

We know that some of you are anticipating a new build for Guild Wars 2 on March 10th. We wanted to give you a heads up that the game update is coming, but it will not be going out on March 10th. At the present time, contents of the build is undergoing additional QA Testing. If we get more information about an anticipated timeframe for the build’s release we’ll try to provide that info in advance. But of course as always, we will update in the forums with detailed update notes when the build goes live.

Thanks for your patience.

I don’t know that I have heaps of patience, but keep at it and keep us posted. If something broke badly enough that you’re pushing this back with only 12-18 hours notice, it sounds bad enough I’m glad you caught it before it promoted to Live.

((My tinfoil hat theory would be they improved the AI of Ranger pets so much that they were afraid to release them onto the internet for fear of dooming the human race. Gotta be careful about those things…))

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: therapite.3645

therapite.3645

Thank you for letting us know!

Ayla Tyrsdottir | Melsande | Rowan Cabot | Joxa | Phedra Nyx|Ephiny Tyrkin
Eternal Clarity [Ankh] /Archivists Sanctum [Lore]
A quaint dye collector with a lore problem.

Foefaller.1082

We know that some of you are anticipating a new build for Guild Wars 2 on March 10th. We wanted to give you a heads up that the game update is coming, but it will not be going out on March 10th. At the present time, contents of the build is undergoing additional QA Testing. If we get more information about an anticipated timeframe for the build’s release we’ll try to provide that info in advance. But of course as always, we will update in the forums with detailed update notes when the build goes live.

Thanks for your patience.

I don’t know that I have heaps of patience, but keep at it and keep us posted. If something broke badly enough that you’re pushing this back with only 12-18 hours notice, it sounds bad enough I’m glad you caught it before it promoted to Live.

((My tinfoil hat theory would be they improved the AI of Ranger pets so much that they were afraid to release them onto the internet for fear of dooming the human race. Gotta be careful about those things…))

Mine is that they’re making sure the new option of hiding Engineer kit backpacks works as intended

Nike.2631

Mine is that they’re making sure the new option of hiding Engineer kit backpacks works as intended

Crazy conspiracy theories and LIES! We all know that would make the Engineer totally OP

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Crazy conspiracy theories and LIES! We all know that would make the Engineer totally OP

LIES AND SLANDER! we know that they’re buffing necro to the point of being almost OP. True Masters of DEATH!!!!11111

Foefaller.1082

This coming from the one who wants Skynet as their Ranger pet.

Posted by: hrg drummer.8310

hrg drummer.8310

Oh man. If they throw some SAB my way. I might have to call in sick….for like a month.

Posted by: Arcadeis.7492

Arcadeis.7492

Well, you guys on the develop end do what you have to do to make things right.

On the hype train front…
SAB YES PLEASE THANK YOU OMG.

Yaks Bend – New Tyria Federation [NTF] &
Superior Spirit of RAM [ROPE] – Guardian primary.
Legendaries made: Sunrise, The Bifrost, Juggernaut, Bolt

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I am sad for no camera tomorrow, and hopeful that it will come later this week — which would almost be better for me since Tuesdays I always have to leave in the late afternoon and frequently miss new things for a day as a result.

I know you guys wouldn’t delay it without serious reason. Thanks for the heads up, I know you’ll tell us when you have a timeframe for release. Meanwhile … blogs on specializations and guild halls? P-p-p-p-pleeeease?

Nike.2631

This coming from the one who wants Skynet as their Ranger pet.

I have a devourer pet I hadn’t decided on a name for – “Skynet” is perfect .

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Wait…you have a QA department?

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

This is why we can’t have nice things people will cry no matter what they do!!

Sometimes things break at the last minute regardless how much testing already has been done.
Sometimes things break and can’t be fixed in time thus a delay happens.
Sometimes they feel some extra time is needed for some reason.
I would rather have it done right the first time and not 1/2 done so take all the time needed.
So be grateful that they told us 1 day before the patch was going to come out and not on patch day.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Backuplight.3968

Backuplight.3968

Are you kidding me? You hyped alot with FoV change. I was really looking forward to it. Now i need to wait even longer… This is just absurd.

Impatient internet kids are the worst. Simmer down.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

then they announce ON THE PATCH DAY that they are moving it.

Yeah that’s my problem too. If you are going to delay something, don’t do it on the day of the deadline. You can’t convince me Anet didn’t realize they couldn’t make the deadline until the last moment.

That and the fact there is no new release date. If it’s a delay of only one or two days then no big deal, but it could be a delay of a week or more for all we know.

It’s still the day before over at Anet headquarters. Day before patch day. Still not great to hear it the day before, but still better for them to tell us, hey that patch we were going to release tomorrow isn’t ready and we wont’ have enough time in the day tomorrow to test what we need to before it goes live. So it’ll be delayed. The time frame makes sense, they were probably hustling today to try and get it ready for tomorrow, but at the end of the day it wasn’t anywhere near ready yet so they had to announce a delay.

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I’m sad – time to finish Dark Souls \o/

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They have to fix the problem with FP mode when you still see your eyeballs or looking out through your breasts.

Or it’s the double secret Rift code they added. Ssshhh!!

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

In all the years this game’s been out, a promised build has almost never been delayed past the scheduled day. It may have come out late in the day, but I can’t remember one that got this sort of delay before. So something went wrong that doesn’t usually go wrong and surely they are sweating overtime bullets on it.

Any of you unwilling to forgive this, I hope you never miss a deadline in your life even if you have a sudden funeral you must attend or other unpredictable interferences with your plans.

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

I’d feel pretty stoked that my biggest problem in life was a snickers bar (or game update.)

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

My schedule for this week was:

MON: Somehow manage to survive
TUES: First person view around Kryta
WED: First person view around Maguuma
THURS: First person view around Ascalon
FRI: Do a happy dance
SAT: Spam my steam friends with my first person screenshots
SUN: Sculpt an ArenaNet shrine and pray to it

My schedule is now:

MON: Somehow manage to survive
TUES: Somehow manage to survive
WED: Somehow manage to survive
THURS: Somehow manage to survive
FRI: Kick a door in
SAT: Spam my steam friends with “IMM BOOOOOOOORREEED”
SUN: Buy a replacement door for the one I broke on Friday

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Why did people believe it was going to be today? That reddit post? hahahahaha
Getting your hopes up/down over an unconfirmed interview enough to be Disappointed ? lols.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Getting your hopes up/down over an unconfirmed interview enough to be Disappointed ? lols.

Because they said in the PoI and in the blog post that the update was going to be today?

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Does this mean that gemstore updates will be delayed as well?

Lol

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Because they said in the PoI and in the blog post that the update was going to be today?

Uh, no.

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Put the countess dress in the gemstore tomorrow and consider me appeased.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

. At the present time, contents of the build is undergoing additional QA Testing.

…You finally hired a QA team?!

OH MY GOD

Posted by: enivanfamilia.7269

enivanfamilia.7269

Until it doesnt take again 2,5 years ( like past away since the last “we change the camera in the future”) im fine with a few days. I waited so long for this Patch :O

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Typical forums.

Thread was created on the 9th. Update day was scheduled to be the 10th. 9th =/= 10th. Also. kitten. Happens. If you dont understand that whenever you’re dealing with computers, software, and coding, then you’re always going to have unrealistic expectations regarding them.

Fun fact:

• A patch is a piece of software designed to update a computer program or its supporting data, to fix or improve it.

Ergo, a patch is an update, and an update is a patch.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Uh, no.

Uh, yes.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The gemstore stuff needed more testing.

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

this is good thing. atleast they do more testing before release a patch

Posted by: majessive.8910

majessive.8910

I am working in the candy industry and I will tell you a well hidden secret. I hope I will not get banned from the forums for spilling the beans on that!

Sometimes you notice a batch of your product has been compromised with an unwanted ingredience just when you want to put the package on it.

In the case of a chocolate bar like snickers these unwanted ingrediences are often chocolate bugs – nasty little critters.
As chocolate bugs have an awefull taste, you don’t want to ship your snickers on your regular batch day. Your customers would may not appreciate that new taste and crispness.

So while your customers won’t be happy about the delay, you better go and fix the problem before you deliver the batch. Now you have to find out how the chocolate bugs could get in the snickers in the first place and then you have to make sure it won’t happen again. You may also want to make sure there is no peanut bug in the batch.

When this is all set and done you can finally ship your batch.
As I told you this is a well hidden secret, so you probably won’t read anything about this in the batch notes.

Wow, It really feels good being a whistleblower

Tydal – fighter of his own kind

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Thanks Gaile! I appreciate the updates that is awesome to hear!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!