Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Report back if you get the refund processed, or any info from support on that matter.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Ugh I wish the ip was owned and controlled by an entity with money and staff. Watching you lay in an expanding puddle of blood is sad. I get if you hated SAB. But man, somebody get the hose.

Considering the staff and revenues they have there is no way that they are all still working on GW2. Considering the little content we’ve had in the last year they have to be working on some new game or expansion.

How do you know what staff they have and how much money they have?. Remember A.Net get what money they have from NCSoft, so ask there. If A.Net has 350 employees , that is not a lot, considering Blizzard is at 7500 and others are just as big. That is not a very big company for such a big game. I am not saying that they may not be working on an expansion but that is up to the parent company.

I am thinking because of the way this forum is, that A.net is playing it close to the vest. I mean people just jump on things so bad. All you have to do is look at they way people are reacting to the news that SAB won’t be released again in the near term. You would think Jesus was just crucified in front of their eyes. It seems people think that all A.Net has to do is answer their questions and stroke their egos.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

This is BS if that’s what they mean. It doesn’t matter if it fits in or not, it’s fun. It doesn’t have to fit the living story to be a recurring event. SAB was really fun, and something I always looked forward to. If they aren’t going to add any more worlds, at least make it available for players to enjoy the first two worlds.

Ya know, I’d be on board with that.

I’m perfectly fine with them pulling the plug on further development, but I don’t see any reason why they can’t open up what has been done now on a permanent basis.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The fact that they can’t speak about the long-term plans for SAB to me means they’ve halted development of it for now. Meaning we should not expect it any time soon.

It’s just so frustrating when they’ve already invested the time for 2 installments of the game (2 worlds with multiple levels), gem store purchase items (coin and boombox), multiple minis, created great music, achievements, etc. And now it has just stopped.

I am deeply disappointed by this. I’m not one to jump to conclusions, but Matt’s response to the question really points to the fact that SAB is something they might work on after they are happy with PvE, PvP, and WvW changes. I mean I’m happy they are addressing those as well, we were just hoping SAB will be done in conjunction with those other update, instead of them working on it after everything else.

And I don’t get the people who hated it being happy it isn’t coming back. I mean, it’s not like you guys were playing it anyway, what affect does it have on you whether or not it is returning. Continue not playing it, we don’t care.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If you have any skins achieved through the use of the coin, then of course you should lose them. (i.e. yellow or green Super weapons)

Otherwise….you know…that wouldn’t really be fair to have the use of the Infinite Coin while SAB was up, and then get refunded for it later.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Matt’s response to the question really points to the fact that SAB is something they might work on after they are happy with PvE, PvP, and WvW changes.

After two years and seeing how quickly such changes come, I think we can safely say that a time after being fully satisfied with PvE, PvP, and WvW changes is synonymous with “not during the lifetime of this game.” Of course, they would be foolish to make any definitive statement like “never,” because plans can always change, but I can sure hear that particular n-word echoing forlornly between the lines of that interview.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

SAB or RIOT! =(

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The fact that they can’t speak about the long-term plans for SAB to me means they’ve halted development of it for now. Meaning we should not expect it any time soon.

It’s just so frustrating when they’ve already invested the time for 2 installments of the game (2 worlds with multiple levels), gem store purchase items (coin and boombox), multiple minis, created great music, achievements, etc. And now it has just stopped.

I am deeply disappointed by this. I’m not one to jump to conclusions, but Matt’s response to the question really points to the fact that SAB is something they might work on after they are happy with PvE, PvP, and WvW changes. I mean I’m happy they are addressing those as well, we were just hoping SAB will be done in conjunction with those other update, instead of them working on it after everything else.

And I don’t get the people who hated it being happy it isn’t coming back. I mean, it’s not like you guys were playing it anyway, what affect does it have on you whether or not it is returning. Continue not playing it, we don’t care.

Being one of those “haters”, I am glad they’ve ceased development on it. I felt (and still feel) it was wasted effort in a pitiful side game to appeal to some old 8-bit days of old school platforming. I felt it added little to the GW2 experience that could have been better spent elsewhere.

That said, I don’t understand why they would just let what already IS done sit there off the table. Since the development is on the back burner, why not throw the two worlds that ARE done permanently in game? So, on that score, I’m with ya.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Are you seriously surprised it’s not coming back? Come on. Can’t you see how indifferent they are to everything that’s instanced and not tied to their precious LS?
If it’s not omgprol33tesportz, that is.
Or coloured doritos for wvw.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

there is less space to do something where you kind of take a break and say: ‘And now for something completely different’

Oh, you mean like those times where we have to wait weeks in between feature packs and living story releases?

What a load of kitten.

A really disappointing interview all around. The reasons for not having 1st person view.. good grief. Most people want to be able to see the world/take some screenshots without their character all up in the view!

:(

VincentDW.9376

SAB or RIOT! =(

New Event Nearby: Riot in Rata Sum! Cause property damage and disrupt Asuran research until Moto activates his Super Adventure Box. Fails if counter-protesters cause more damage than you within the time limit.

VincentDW.9376

Since the coin was advertised as working in future SAB releases, which is a portion of why people were willing to pay what they did for it, at least a partial refund is justifiable (I wouldn’t expect a full refund, because it was indeed useful during the time SAB was around, so no future SAB doesn’t render the original purchase totally valueless, only partially).

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

There is no confirmation that SAB is definitely not returning, which I would suspect be the only case in which support is going to even open your email.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If they really had decided to never re-open SAB, why wouldn’t they simply outright state it?

I seem to recall them saying something about features not being released during Living Story updates either, and seeing as we are having a Feature Patch quite soon we are getting more features. Why assume that this, which is said in more or less the same way, means the end of SAB when it quite clearly didn’t mean the end to new features?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I liked the idea to add SAB to the daily activity rotation.

that way it would be playable, but still uncommon so it has the scarcity desire.

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

Well then, i can finally quit, since there is nothing to look forward to.
2 years and all we have is 2 tiny pve maps, one wvw k.train and fractals.
Great game, awsome combat, lovely world and music, but there is nothing to do here anymore.
With each patch you can see players at SAB enterance, checking.. maybe they opened it up… at least now we have some sort of confirmation.

Have fun folks! =)

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

If A.Net has 350 employees , that is not a lot, considering Blizzard is at 7500 and others are just as big. That is not a very big company for such a big game. I am not saying that they may not be working on an expansion but that is up to the parent company.

wut…

Activision Blizzard is @ 4,700 Employees as recently as 2012, the overwhelming majority of those are customer support related. They have 750 Employees across three games at least.

Source

350-400 is a fairly large for a single game/MMO developer, especially 2 years after the game has already launched.

Kegmaster

(edited by Serelisk.6573)

VincentDW.9376

If they really had decided to never re-open SAB, why wouldn’t they simply outright state it?

Because, quite simply, they do not want to make a definitive statement that there is any chance might be somehow wrong in the future. As long as the game exists, there is a chance, however small, that whoever is in charge might decide that the SAB is a good idea again. If it did end up coming back, they would then be accused of lying (which would be technically true, if they said something would never happen, and then it happened). So, to avoid the possibility of lying, either intentionally or unintentionally, they will never entirely confirm or deny something like this, regardless of their current intentions.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

SAB was the only update I really enjoyed…. Why the heck is it so hard to put world 1 and 2 back in? It doesn’t need to have a story, just throw it in with a feature pack because its only a feature. They could just say Moto found a way to leave it open when while he works on an update (kinda like GW2 itself) and call it a day. I really wonder how anyone could possibly think that withholding something that is already created and something people love, plus something that will make money, is a good idea.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

I liked the idea to add SAB to the daily activity rotation.

that way it would be playable, but still uncommon so it has the scarcity desire.

I wish they’d just remove the daily activity rotation altogether and let everything be available if you just want it to be for fun, but keep the rewards time locked instead, but I suppose that’s a discussion for another thread >.<

Kegmaster

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I seem to recall them saying something about features not being released during Living Story updates either, and seeing as we are having a Feature Patch quite soon we are getting more features. Why assume that this, which is said in more or less the same way, means the end of SAB when it quite clearly didn’t mean the end to new features?

from the things said, and what was said, SAB is off the development table, and off the schedule. watch the interview, he is basically like, sigh, anything is possible, but i cant really see it within our current plans /time frames. Precursor quests got more definitive statements than that. Which amounted to, we havent figured out how to do it yet, but its definately something we want to do, (and that has no known date) versus sab, maybe when pve WvW and PVP are great we will CONSIDER sab again.

reality is, its not on the table for the forseeable future.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

So much love for SAB here, but from what I recall world 2 was universally hated.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So much love for SAB here, but from what I recall world 2 was universally hated.

not really, people were salty initially, and then later were still praising it. Josh Foreman is still praised for SAB overall, world 2 included.

just like a whole bunch of people complained about marrionette while it was happening, but now, many people say it was one of the better fights.

You got to look at the type of complaints you get too.
There are complaints of someone frustrated but fully engaged, and complaints of people not engaged, i dont care.

Much like fans of a basketball game will complain about bad calls, etc, but they still love the game and are excited to see more. One dev in some other game was saying how the key is to get people engaged and involved, whether the experiences make them happy or sad, as long as it makes them care.

Another example is people yelling at other teams and being out to get servers/guilds in WvW. It seems negative, but then two months later, people are like man those were golden days!

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

World 2 was criticised because the worlds were needlessly long and frustrating. This was made worse because they introduced the infinite continue coin in the gem store, which made it look intentional. It wasn’t universally hated though, hence everyone asking for both worlds back, rather than just one.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

So SAB isn’t coming back anytime soon, if at all. Expecting that SAB was going to be continued I purchased the coin and now it’s not well what the kitten?

Can we get a refund since it is now useless and there isn’t a future for SAB

kitten?

it’s a swear filter. if you try to post swear words, or words that have swear words in them, it gets replaced with the word ‘kitten’.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

not really, people were salty initially, and then later were still praising it. Josh Foreman is still praised for SAB overall, world 2 included.

World 2 was really frustrating for me, personally. But it’s something I felt I wanted to master… just didn’t have time at the last release since I was busy grinding out x5 skins from world 1 hell mode. >_>

x2 pistol skins
x2 axe skins
x1 mace skin

If I had known wardrobes were coming I would have spread that out, but oh well! I was really hoping it would show up in the spring sometime so I could go back to it.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

World 2 was definitely not perfect, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want more SAB.

(And while the skins weren’t the main reason I played SAB, if I’d known it wasn’t coming back, I definitely would have grinded some more. I also maybe would’ve bought something, instead of waiting to decide what I wanted. Who knows when we’ll be able to buy Moto’s weapon designs again.)

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

They already said that China would get everything that we got.

So, unless the SAB skins show up in the Chinese gemstore, I’m pretty sure that what exists of SAB will return in some form.

New worlds? maybe not anytime soon. Certainly not until LS season 2 is done.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

VincentDW.9376

Sure, world 2 had some frustrating issues initially like buggy geyser hit detection, but these became less of an issue due to tweaks in subsequent patches. It was also a sharper difficulty ramp up from world 1 than I think many were expecting, since there were supposed to be 4 total worlds. But then again, I’ve seen complaints like these leveled against virtually every content release since launch (buggy, too hard, too easy, not rewarding, too rewarding), so I can’t really see them as justification for removing the content.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I thought I would add that I did not love World 2. I felt like the levels were too long. However I still love SAB over all. I hope that we see SAB sometime in the near future even though that interview might indicate we won’t.

Dusty Moon.4382

Being one of those “haters”, I am glad they’ve ceased development on it. I felt (and still feel) it was wasted effort in a pitiful side game to appeal to some old 8-bit days of old school platforming. I felt it added little to the GW2 experience that could have been better spent elsewhere.

That said, I don’t understand why they would just let what already IS done sit there off the table. Since the development is on the back burner, why not throw the two worlds that ARE done permanently in game? So, on that score, I’m with ya.

They haven’t said they ceased development. They haven’t said it won’t be in game at some time. Y’all are reading more into that interview than what is there. They said, FOR NOW, that SAB will not be in game. That does not mean it will never be in game again.

People are up in arms over nothing and y’all jump to conclusions too much.

Posted by: Bambi.2609

Bambi.2609

Ok i can understand there is no time in development plan for it or will or money. But why they cannot relase allready made content and leave it permanent until updates are made ???

Dusty Moon.4382

Ok i can understand there is no time in development plan for it or will or money. But why they cannot relase allready made content and leave it permanent until updates are made ???

Since SAB does not fit in with the LS2 and they are releasing content that does, it does make sense currently. I see that and I know many that want it in do not see that.

That is all it is – nothing more.

Posted by: Bambi.2609

Bambi.2609

Since SAB does not fit in with the LS2 and they are releasing content that does, it doesn’t make sense, currently. I see that.

SAB was never linked with living story and it is not connected with lore it was just fun thing to do like mini games.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

No plans to release new content for SAB is all the more reason to re-activate what has already been completed. If there is no solid schedule in place to bring back the Box on a regular basis, then there is no reason to tease it as a “seasonal” treat and make it unplayable. You’re only angering and frustrating those who enjoyed this content — meanwhile, those who don’t like it don’t have to play it.

SAB was never tied to the Living Story. It is a completely separate, self-contained diversion that can exist in any context, no matter what is going on in the rest of Tyria. The excuse that you can’t find a way to fit it in with what Rox and Braham are doing is a hollow cop-out.

Imagine if ANet said “Well, we have no way to implement new Fractals into the current Living Story arc. So, we’re going to take Fractals out of the game.”

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

Dusty Moon.4382

Since SAB does not fit in with the LS2 and they are releasing content that does, it doesn’t make sense, currently. I see that.

SAB was never linked with living story and it is not connected with lore it was just fun thing to do like mini games.

SAB came out on April Fools day, initially. So it was tagged with a day.

So, that is what A.Net said – not fits in with what is currently beign released. What is so hard to understand about that. I guess y’all need to have your conspiracy theories. I know, maybe Martians stole the code.

Posted by: Flamy.7623

Flamy.7623

Shame on you ArenaNet. Give us permament SAB!

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I hated SAB when it first came out; I thought it was a waste of time. When SAB came out again however, I started to actually try it out and I was surprised to find that I was enjoying it. Not only that, I ended up getting the infinite continue coin because I was having way more fun with it than I ever expected.

The living story is insulting enough, taking the main character (commander of the largest military force in the history of Tyria) and turning him/her into the boss of a small band of misfits solving mysteries. If anything, I’d actually like to take a break from this Living Story which takes itself way too seriously for second-rate writing (by this I mean it seems more like fan-generated content more than proper story development), and SAB would be a nice way to break away from the game for a while.

A game within a game. Gameception.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Fyrebrand.4859

SAB came out on April Fools day, initially. So it was tagged with a day.

Super Adventure Box originally came out April 1st, but it was available for the entire month of April.
It later returned, on September 3rd of that same year, and stuck around for a few months.
SAB did not return on April 1st this year.
So, no, it is not “tagged with a day.” Have you even played Super Adventure Box? There is nothing in there that necessitates a particular time of the year, or any real-world calendar schedule. It can happen at any time, regardless of whatever else is going on.

So, that is what A.Net said – not fits in with what is currently beign released.

They said it does not fit in with the current Living Story season. But that is not a reason not to release SAB again. Most content in the game is not related to Living Story.

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

I’m really, really disappointed by this. I would much rather see more maps to explore, more dungeons, more world bosses, more sPvP game modes and more WvW maps. Those elements have always been the big appeal for me.

Instead, we basically get a continuation of more weak personal story stuff, which is basically universally regarded as the weakest point of GW2 (and MMO’s in general). Is anyone really playing GW2 for more story content?

(edited by Rangersix.1754)

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

You know, ANET should just make SAB its own game, independant from GW2. Seriously, ArenaNet needs more games other than GW2, and I am sure many people would buy SAB as its own game, if they were to ever release such a thing.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

You know, ANET should just make SAB its own game, independant from GW2. Seriously, ArenaNet needs more games other than GW2, and I am sure many people would buy SAB as its own game, if they were to ever release such a thing.

I would buy it if they finished implementing the rest of the levels/goodies in GW2 so I can then flop to GW2 and earn rewards. But it would be really nice to have a version where I don’t need to be online and can just bounce around/play on it from a laptop somewhere. Stick it up on the steam store and throw in more achievement points

But only after making it permanent in GW2!

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Fyrebrand.4859

You shouldn’t even have to ask. The Infinite Continue Coin exists solely for a specific gameplay mode that no longer exists.

The instant ArenaNet decided to remove SAB from the game and stopped making plans to bring it back in the foreseeable future, they should have mailed out refunds to anyone who purchased the item, with an apology. If they feel comfortable enough that SAB will return permanently, or at least on a regular schedule, then they can put it up for sale again. But until such time, they goofed — and owe their customers an answer.

There is no confirmation that SAB is definitely not returning, which I would suspect be the only case in which support is going to even open your email.

The complete absence of any plans for SAB is confirmation enough. Until there is evidence that it will return in a timely manner, it’s functionally identical to it never coming back at all. We don’t need proof that it “is definitely not returning” at any point in the future.

Imagine if Amazon sold a discount card: for $40, you can have 10% off all book purchases. And a couple months later, Amazon just stops selling books. When asked about it, they issue vague statements like “We can’t say what our long-term plans are at this time. Selling books seems to conflict with our current plan of selling movies.” Or “You can’t prove we’ll never sell books ever again, therefore we don’t have to refund you!”

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Let’s do it! Let’s all rush the support team with asks for a refund and see what they do!

You can’t hear roars of laughter via email…..(and they can automate a NO response rather easily).

Besides, unless the coin was NEVER used (I kind of doubt that), you already got you money out of it. Trying to throw a collective tantrum to get some content returned is not likely to change their plans.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is some of the best news I have heard all month!

They finally stopped wasting development time on mini-games and are focusing on the actual game!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Let’s do it! Let’s all rush the support team with asks for a refund and see what they do!

You can’t hear roars of laughter via email…..(and they can automate a NO response rather easily).

Besides, unless the coin was NEVER used (I kind of doubt that), you already got you money out of it. Trying to throw a collective tantrum to get some content returned is not likely to change their plans.

We can’t make them return the content, nor should we try. The coin, however, was advertised as being usable on all future releases of the SAB. I can see why people would feel they should be refunded if there’s actually no plans to bring back the SAB.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

This is stupid.

SAB was one of the best pieces of content added in the game and it’s initial release pretty much saved us from a content drought when flame and frost was fumbling around trying to figure out what it wanted to do.

To be honest I’d rather have them sacrifice all the living story instances if it meant that SAB would come back.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

This is some of the best news I have heard all month!

They finally stopped wasting development time on mini-games and are focusing on the actual game!

If by game you mean gemstore, living story (aka more gemstore) or Esports dream then yes they are.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Regardless of if you liked SAB or not, this was a pretty terrible way to handle the news. Vague statements after a year of silence wherein it was assumed the next worlds were being worked on. Does Anet even have a PR department? I’ll be very interested to see how they handle the infinite continue coin refunds.

Then again, this is a company who decided to reset progression in fractals for a leaderboard that still doesn’t exist.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Belligerent.6843

Belligerent.6843

This is a shame.. SAB was one of the best “mini-games”. Hopefully they will at least re-enable it and add zones further down the line.