#OccupySAB2014

#OccupySAB2014

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

You guys do realize how this may just make them NEVER bring it back. If they cave to this kind of “pressure” (not that it in any way matters to Anet), it sets a precedence they likely don’t want to make….

Just clean up the mess a week from now when this dies down and I’ll be sure to wave as I pass thru Rata Sum….good luck.

that’s the thing, if there’s enough pressure (large enough riot) they probably should cave, especially if it’s a tiny change like reenabling existing content.

If people want to try and protest over anything that’s fine, but it probably won’t have as large of a following as this, and thus might not deserve attention (or the request might be more complicated to address).

And if a future protest is just as successful or more, why do you suggest ANet shouldn’t fix it? It should be in their interest to have a game without protests, and that’s not achieved by ignoring your constituents.

#OccupySAB2014

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

You guys do realize how this may just make them NEVER bring it back. If they cave to this kind of “pressure” (not that it in any way matters to Anet), it sets a precedence they likely don’t want to make….

Just clean up the mess a week from now when this dies down and I’ll be sure to wave as I pass thru Rata Sum….good luck.

I was about to post exactly what you said. No way ANET is going to give in to this. They’ll be setting a bad example.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

#ihopeyoufailandsabnevercomesback

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: pavo.4371

pavo.4371

I was about to post exactly what you said. No way ANET is going to give in to this. They’ll be setting a bad example.

what are you talking about? since when its US vs THEM. anet isnt the government. whats their incentive to work against their customers.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

what are you talking about? since when its US vs THEM. anet isnt the government. whats their incentive to work against their customers.

Customers need to act like customers and not like a little child throwing a tantrum. What’s to stop these “customers” from behaving this way the next time they are feeling entitled to something?

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Participation dropped because they messed up with the rewards. The content was great.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Jyha.4597

Jyha.4597

#OccupySAB2014 !!!

SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT ! SAB or RIOT !

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Tasmosuth.4265

Tasmosuth.4265

#OccupyforSAB2014

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Well the thing is, if they don’t address it in any way that will not reflect on them well either. Assuming this lasts for longer than a day or two, which I personally hope it does precedents be kittened.

From pure PR standpoint the best thing for them is come meet the people half way not enable it permanently or immediately but make a statement that they can’t easily wiggle themselves out of that SAB will come back be it this year or next April or whatever (they wouldn’t even necessarily have to set a time frame of any kind in my opinion).

If they choose to wait it out, do no “damage control” whatsoever, and it turns out it doesn’t blow over as quickly as they expected it to then they have just basically said that they do not really care for what an obviously significant minority of players, based on their own statements especially during the initial round of SAB, are saying or asking for.

You are also forgetting that they sold an item in the gem store that essentially was sold with the assumption that SAB would be back. They did not sell the item the first time SAB was around because then it was just a wacky experiment but with its second release and the introduction of the item it became a permanent part of the game, albeit temporary or rather limited in its availability. The coin was never in anyway implied to be time restricted or consumable after all.

By not bringing SAB back at all they would also also be setting a few precedents of their own. The only question is for how long can they keep evading addressing it in some way.

(edited by Crise.9401)

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Kaminali.2863

Kaminali.2863

#OccupyforSAB2014

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: HiddenRage.7408

HiddenRage.7408

SAB or RIOT! +15 other characters

Representing RoF. For Johnny Cash!
What I miss most about old LA (pre-destruction) was
killing people with a portal from the top of the bank.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I hope this is still going on by the time I can get home and log on. :O

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: BugsBanni.1397

BugsBanni.1397

SAB please, ANET!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Galaxyangel.5697

Galaxyangel.5697

Don’t take our SAB!

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

Customers need to act like customers and not like a little child throwing a tantrum. What’s to stop these “customers” from behaving this way the next time they are feeling entitled to something?

Well, customers act like this all the time. People want to show support for things they love and get mad when they feel they’ve been treated unfairly. The question is whether the cause of this outcry is reflective of issues that need to be addressed by the business or whether its something they can ignore. In this case, people feel aggrieved for different reasons. For example,(a) that SAB may not be coming back because the metrics for W2 were tainted by ascended crafting/reward structure nerf/length/bugs, and do not accurately reflect the underlying demand for SAB content in general (see W1) and (b) that the company sold the ICC with the implication that it would have future value, but did not intend to continue SAB.

I’m sure the company would rather have its customers speak up, as it demonstrates that its customers care a lot about their product. It doesn’t mean that the company must change its mind about the future of SAB, but it gives the company notice that they may want to reconsider the decision. If people just kept quiet about their product demand, the company could be leaving money on the table as customers (a) just left or (b) wouldn’t spend as much as they otherwise would.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

SAB ALL I WANT IS SAB!

SAB WARS 2 #OCCUPYSAB

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Attachments:

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Participation dropped because they messed up with the rewards. The content was great.

Mainly this. Once a day rewards and really long zones (with no way of going back in to a certain spot in case you disconnected/had to leave) took a lot of the fun out of it. I still really want it to return. Kitten, just reenable the existing two worlds and TM so its permanent, and then release world 3/4 when they can get around to it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

Listen up folks, SAB fans have been fairly silent for over a year now. The recent interview states

“I think the other part of it is that we look very carefully at how much people played and how much people enjoyed certain portions of content that we put out, and so that also weighs into the factor of ‘Well, okay, what are we going to do, and when are we going to bring back things?”

" And so, I think it would be very unlikely that you would see it as part of a Living World season release, as to whether or not we come back to it, whether or not in some other form, you know, I can’t really say, I don’t know how likely that is and that is really all I can say about it."

So they did not plan to release it in between this LS break OR maybe ever again. We the fans of SAB are just trying to show anet that we LOVE SAB and please please please don’t cut it permanently. we’re not trying to make them “give in” or whatever. They believe SAB doesn’t have much support which I don’t believe to be true. And we’re just occupying SAB portal because guess what, all those people in game that just walk by SAB portal and wonder “what’s that” well we’re here to show off how awesome SAB is, and we get to show them all our cool minis and SAB boxes etc. There were countless numbers of people In game and also on twitch chat “oh is SAB opening? is this like an opening party?” and we had to tell them “sadly no” show your support for SAB or Anet might Axe it permanently! I think SAB has more fans than Anet realizes and far more than their “metrics” show……

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I like to bring up an idea that was suggested during the first SAB (I fogot who posted it).

The SAB Home Edition!

It’s a box you can either earn or purchase (whatever Anet wants) that goes to your home instance. It lets you play SAB whenever you want on your own time minus some of the special rewards (yellow skins).

I don’t know… 1200 gems? Or maybe you can earn it from mystic forging 1 of every Trib skin?

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

I like to bring up an idea that was suggested during the first SAB (I fogot who posted it).

The SAB Home Edition!

It’s a box you can either earn or purchase (whatever Anet wants) that goes to your home instance. It lets you play SAB whenever you want on your own time minus some of the special rewards (yellow skins).

I don’t know… 1200 gems? Or maybe you can earn it from mystic forging 1 of every Trib skin?

Yessssssssssssss!

I remember this!

But please don’t say gems…. maybe MFing one of every Trib token? Like pop in tokens from W1 to get a Token of Home Green, then from W2 a Token of Home Yellow (or insert less dumb name here) and so on and so forth.

I dream that someday we’ll get housing and when we do we’ll be able to have a ‘personal entertainment system’ (coughcough) that lets us and people visiting our house pop into SAB upon interacting with it.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: ntx.2976

ntx.2976

Time to get rolling NA, join the #OCCUPYSAB2014 rally in your nearest Rata Sum and check out LFG to get taxi’s into main instances !

SBI

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

We need picket signs

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

I think the whole “SAB or Riot” thing is in very poor taste in light of current affairs.

I hope it doesn’t go viral because it will reflect poorly on the GW2 community, and gamers in general if a) we get this worked up over a GAME, and b) make light of real issues to express discontent.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: ntx.2976

ntx.2976

I think the whole “SAB or Riot” thing is in very poor taste in light of current affairs.

I hope it doesn’t go viral because it will reflect poorly on the GW2 community, and gamers in general if a) we get this worked up over a GAME, and b) make light of real issues to express discontent.

Because gamers voicing out for features they love by trying to express their support to it is a bad thing amirite ? such toxic community, they actually love the game ! :c

SBI

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Most people whine on the forums to express their feelings, we have a huge riot/party in Rata Sum to express ours. I would say it’s a step in the right direction… There are a couple annoying spammers, but no one is worked up. Think of it as a dynamic event in Rata Sum, see you there.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

I made some logos and pictures for the #OccupySAB2014 movement. I know Arena Net suppressed our freedom of speech by locking the other thread so I will post it here.

Find them attached feel free to use and spread as you see fit (Attached the main one since you can only attach one, other files are linked):
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10516597_10152271901884117_7383020417981118679_n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HHTE5P4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rw95ccQ.jpg

Attachments:

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

If they didn’t sic the feds on you, they haven’t suppressed your freedom of speech. Making these dramatic claims shows how out of touch some gamers are with reality. It’s one thing to be disappointed, and express disappointment. It’s another thing to trivialize or make light of current affairs.

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

If they didn’t sic the feds on you, they haven’t suppressed your freedom of speech. Making these dramatic claims shows how out of touch some gamers are with reality. It’s one thing to be disappointed, and express disappointment. It’s another thing to trivialize or make light of current affairs.

Don’t worry everyone needs it
http://i.imgur.com/ztIB1Qb.jpg

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu