October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avatara.1042

As much as I’m looking forward to some of these Elementalist changes, what I’d really like to see is developing the profession to the point where it isn’t dependent on the Water and Arcana trait lines for the vast majority of its viable builds.

+1.

noticed that i had to rip boons off of a guardian in order to soften it up with S/D on my thief…was with another guardian, we were against a mesmer and a guard. both repplaied boons without a problem, really glassy however i dont see where S/D Larcenous needs a change at all if its a negative change…if anything it needs a buff , a slgiht buff to actually assist in softening up targets more, theyll just easily reapply buffs without a problem..
WHERE…is Larcenous “OP”…seems to be Underpowered if anything.

Pretty much this exactly, in its current state you can burn all your resources cleaning someone of boons, and 3 seconds later the guard/ele/eng/mesmer will have full stacks of everything again while your at maybe 20% initiative. Thats why it was not a worthwhile counter before the buff, and it will again be worthless if its changed as suggested

That is just not true.

Posted by: FluffyFox.2756

FluffyFox.2756

noticed that i had to rip boons off of a guardian in order to soften it up with S/D on my thief…was with another guardian, we were against a mesmer and a guard. both repplaied boons without a problem, really glassy however i dont see where S/D Larcenous needs a change at all if its a negative change…if anything it needs a buff , a slgiht buff to actually assist in softening up targets more, theyll just easily reapply buffs without a problem..

Pretty much this exactly, in its current state you can burn all your resources cleaning someone of boons, and 3 seconds later the guard/ele/eng/mesmer will have full stacks of everything again while your at maybe 20% initiative. Thats why it was not a worthwhile counter before the buff, and it will again be worthless if its changed as suggested

That is just not true.

Nice counter argument! :P

If they’re going to nerf larcenous strike again, they’d better make it faster, or cost less initiative, because as it is now, it’s a total initiative drain and it’s really slow compared to the old flanking strike, even though the old flanking strike only stripped one boon, it was inexpensive and quick. The nerf to Larcenous strike could make it almost worthless.

That is just not true.

If they’re going to nerf larcenous strike again, they’d better make it faster, or cost less initiative, because as it is now, it’s a total initiative drain and it’s really slow compared to the old flanking strike, even though the old flanking strike only stripped one boon, it was inexpensive and quick. The nerf to Larcenous strike could make it almost worthless.

Well it was quite obviously false. If you want to argue for changing something, you should actually make real statements.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

a combat log that actually logs kitten will be nice

But then you would see underground dps meters that would show how unbalanced the game really is, espeically in PvE.

I guarantee you if a DPS meter did come out thanks to working combat logs no one would ever want a mesmer (TW got nerfed into the ground unless you are doing CoF p1 its better to just have another warrior)/ranger/ele – guard (except in fracts) or any non Zerker dps for that matter.

The crying would be off the charts since casuals would only be able to find groups for dungeons amongst themselves, and those runs would be awful.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

That is just not true.

In its current state its a pretty decent bunker buster, and I really like running it. But if they take it down from 2 to 1, ya it will be literally worthless since you will run out of ini before you can strip stuff like prot etc…

If the changes take place thieves will be pigeon holed into only using D/P since its has amazing DPS and defensive applications. The only thing s/d had going for it was destroying bunker specs.

(edited by Zepidel.5349)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Again about the elementalist:

I play 4 classes (thief, guard, ranger are my other classes) all at level 80 and I love your game, but the numerous nerfs you have done to the elementalist in conjunction with the numerous buffs you have made for other classes is really astounding.

I have a super maxed-out elementalist (staff) with only ascended gear (even the weapon), lots of toughness, with hundreds of hours of practice and over 18k health…
Still: A single warrior can get me down in 2-3 quick hits and I cannot even move or have time to cast a spell. The same with a mesmer, who just dazes you to death without you being able to do anything. Etc.

This is totally unbalanced. Why would you give such an handicap to a class just because it has area-of-effect damage? The elementalist doesn’t have clones, cant become invisible or be shielded like a guardian, all it can do is take 3 seconds to cast a meteor shower of which the first meteor hits about 4-5 seconds if it hits at all.

You speak of giving the elementalist more support but support is all we have right now and we don’t need more of it. What the class need is an increase response speed of the skills so that we are not 3 times slower than everyone else, weapon swap on a cooldown, and then perhaps it can have a small chance at 1 vs 1.

Your decision to gradually change staff to a support only weapon is really not something I find makes the game more enjoyable. Even when we run as a guild you can hear the “oh there is an elementalist, ha! ha! ha! (everyone laughing)” as they are down in 1 second and go jump off a cliff. Even when your not playing them you would wish they could deliver a better fight.

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

That is just not true.

Well it was quite obviously false. If you want to argue for changing something, you should actually make real statements.

You aren’t making real statements and aren’t backing up your arguments in the slightest. Saying what he said is “false” is only your opinion, and nothing more. That would be like saying “you suck” to someone that you don’t even know and without listing reasons as to why they suck.

Posted by: Elusive.9481

Elusive.9481

A thought to Legendaries: Make the visual effect of the legendary independent of the weapon type. Example: I love my short bow. I don’t particularly want to shoot rainbows and unicorns and leave flowers wherever I walk. I’d like to select or have different crafting requirements for it to do something else. Then, if someone wants their greatsword to have unicorns and rainbows, they can. It would make each legendary a bit more unique and personal.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I’m liking what I see when it comes to Guardians but my biggest complaint is the Spirit Weapons. Instead of having them follow the mob around,miss most of the dps, be extremely slow. My belief that these weapons have so much potential, if you make them conjured weapons like the Elementalist. Now I’m not saying to give them tons of direct DPS abilities but keep them in the current roles you wanted them to have. The one thing Guardian lacks in is condition damage, it has no poison, bleeding, or confusion. Blind has tons of options, fire is in a good place and vulnerability is barely there. These weapons have the potential to harness some more optionsfor condition dmg/support/dps builds Ohhh, also, I would like to see a Spirit Weapon Elite in the future

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

A change I would to see is a prioritized combo fields for players to blast/leap into. Water, Fire, poison, smoke, ice, light, chaos etc. When in a dungeon there’s at least one guardian on every team spamming useless light fields, covering up the more usefull combo fields. If there are 2 or more fields on the ground you should be able to combo in the one you created. There is also be some basic AI choosing which field party members combo with based on most advantageous to the situation your in.

Elementalist’s don’t care about the staff. I find it situational very usefull for its 1200 range, and its defensive controls (statis field, cripple, freeze). Its already powerful enough, people don’t use it because it’s slow and cumbersome to use. More importantly I don’t use it because its no a fun weapon to use.

Would also like to see the class and level of people requesting to join your party. To rangers, enigineers and elementalists out of parties.

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

i like the support theme. The game could use it. However i think the anti stealth game play is unnecessary, stealth is not overpowered at all in spvp. Hopefully they compensate thieves for this. Even tho it doesnt seem like a big deal.

Posted by: pnhan.6329

pnhan.6329

I don’t think lacerous strike should be nerfed as it is the only way for thieves to combat bunker builds and guardian boons. Boons can often be reapplied quickly (not to mention how many there are), there is no chance stealing 1 boon every two hit is worth the initiative cost or even practical in combat against someone loaded up on boons. Please rethink the nature of this nerf, and if not, at the very least give thieves something back in the S/D set to make up for this lost.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

A change I would to see is a prioritized combo fields for players to blast/leap into. Water, Fire, poison, smoke, ice, light, chaos etc. When in a dungeon there’s at least one guardian on every team spamming useless light fields, covering up the more usefull combo fields. If there are 2 or more fields on the ground you should be able to combo in the one you created. There is also be some basic AI choosing which field party members combo with based on most advantageous to the situation your in.

Elementalist’s don’t care about the staff. I find it situational very usefull for its 1200 range, and its defensive controls (statis field, cripple, freeze). Its already powerful enough, people don’t use it because it’s slow and cumbersome to use. More importantly I don’t use it because its no a fun weapon to use.

Would also like to see the class and level of people requesting to join your party. To rangers, enigineers and elementalists out of parties.

they have already addressed this, you need to let the party know what to and what not todo, especially in a dungeon. theres a max amount of fields first anyway. and secondly the first combo field placed SHOULD take effect prior to others overlapped over it.

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Don’t forget to nerf passive play and encourage active play

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

My big complaint with engineer is not stealth but stability. Eng has a certain skill chain to give a good bit of stealth, but for stability, only using 6 Lyssa runes + elite or 50% with elixir X (also elite) are our only options.
This change to Elixir B will benefit me greatly as I tend to be a heavy elixir user. I support the change to Throw Elixir S as well since that can now be stacked with the previous mentioned stealth skill chain.

the thief sits with his hand on his chin please, tell me more about your dire need for stability you poor baby.

I don’t play a thief, so I am not sure of all the details, but thieves have more than one stealth option do they not? Right now, the only good stealth option is an interrupt-able skill chain. Therefore, it seems to me lack of stability for a thief is not as bad as for engineer since they have access to more stealth to counter that lack.
From my point of view, the only good option (ignoring Lyssa runes and elites) is CC avoidance, which can be hard to do when you have multiple attackers. In a zerg fight, at least there’s some stability from guardians etc., but otherwise the engineer remains vulnerable to any CCs, specifically stun/knockdown. A 3 sec stun can mean downed in my experience, and while I do not call for the sort of stability that warrior etc. has, adding it to Elixir B is a step in the right direction.

Yeah, but haven’t you heard, stealth is OP and everyone wants to hard counter or get rid of it all together, thieves don’t need stealth

liefbread.9513

That is just not true.

Solid reasoning on this (he wasn’t asking for change, he was asking them not to change it…)

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

He’s asking them to change their change.

/pedantry

liefbread.9513

/pedantry

At least you recognize it :P

(He’s asking them to think about their change/recognize what it means.)

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

He’s asking them to change their change.

/pedantry

They have not made the change yet, so i’m not asking them to change it, i’m asking them not to make it. s/d was not a counter to bunkers before they made it 2 boons, if they change it back to 1 the skill will actually be worse than it was before. The original incarnation of FS was an on demand evade, the current version is a chain skill, so you cant always have the evade available, in addition the original version was over twice as fast to execute as the new version. So the evade got made non spammable, and the skill got slowed down ALOT, the compensation for that was it not removed 2 boons instead of one. if you change it to one, the skill is less useful than it was originally (and it was not a meta build originally)

That is just not true.

You aren’t making real statements and aren’t backing up your arguments in the slightest. Saying what he said is “false” is only your opinion, and nothing more. That would be like saying “you suck” to someone that you don’t even know and without listing reasons as to why they suck.

It is patently obvious that what he said is a complete lie. An elementalist cannot completely rebuff in 3 seconds. You cannot just lie your kitten off claiming it as truth with absolutely zero backing, then call someone out for saying you are lying.

Posted by: Pack Hunter.6103

Pack Hunter.6103

My only problem with this information….I’m getting married the 12th and will be on my honeymoon >_>

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

That is just not true.

It is patently obvious that what he said is a complete lie. An elementalist cannot completely rebuff in 3 seconds. You cannot just lie your kitten off claiming it as truth with absolutely zero backing, then call someone out for saying you are lying.

An ele can get multiple buffs just by switching attunements, not even using any skills, if they blast a couple fields while switching through 2-3 attunements, your easily looking at 4-5 important boons within a VERY short time frame. Ele aside there are multiple skills for certain professions such as Rage signet, that can provide 2-3 buffs INSTANTLY. So yes it is absolutely needed that LS maintains 2 boons per hit, unless its intended that thieves only play d/d or d/p backstab builds?

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

My only problem with this information….I’m getting married the 12th and will be on my honeymoon >_>

Get your fiance/spouse to play. Those who play together stay together.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Proposal changes for Ranger classes.

I took notice and actually got this idea from the Dev’s posts. Since Sic’ Em will be/might be able to reveal stealth which benefits the Ranger/ party, would it also be possible to keep shouts on this path as well. So far our shouts benefit our pets except for Protect Me. I think shout should benefit both pet and Ranger.

1.Guard: protection on pet + stealth
2.Protect Me: Redirect all incoming damage to pet.
3. Signet of Stone

Should be change to

1.Guard: Stealth on pet. Fury on ranger. (or swiftness)
2.Protect Me: Redirect all incoming damage to pet (5 seconds). 5 second protection on pet.
3. Signet of Stone: Passive 10% damage reduction. Active: Grant 2 second of protection. Pet takes no damage for 6 seconds.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

About the Thief trap “Shadow Trap” after it is triggered the thief only has about 10sec to use it before it wares off and into CD. some times i don’t even notice it was triggered…

Imo the time to use it should be doubled to 20sec… Also some kind of visual animation should be shown on the thief player monitor like blind, an over hear icon like the signets animation or even a flash on the trap’s icon on the bar…

(edited by Volrath.1473)

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Please buff mesmer scepter auto attack, reduce the initial cast on scepter 3 as its really awkward and relook at the torch phantasm, its mediocre in it’s current state and the cooldown is higher than the other phantasms…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

Posted by: typographie.1742

typographie.1742

While I really appreciate the focus on improving support skills, I’m pretty skeptical that this is the way to get us to use them. No matter how powerful those skills are, if they aren’t actually needed to complete encounters players will still shun them in favor of pure, direct damage builds.

I really don’t like that glass-cannon builds are so popular and effective, but the players are going to use what works best given the game mechanics. If Anet wants us to consider running heal-y support builds, they do need to be stronger but we also need content that encourages them.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Please buff mesmer scepter auto attack, reduce the initial cast on scepter 3 as its really awkward and relook at the torch phantasm, its mediocre in it’s current state and the cooldown is higher than the other phantasms…

not only CD but icd per attacks as well. ppl been saying this for over a year now tho and nothing been done to torch/scepter, i don’t think they understand down there

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Nerfing Larcenous Strike, really? “oh Thief’s got something nice once in a while. Let’s do something about it and take it away.”
Seriously, leave it the way it is. It’s already easy enough for boon builds to get their boons up, and sword is the best and perhaps only way for Thieves to deal with them.
Thieves don’t have any traits like “Destruction of the Empowered” so just leave them able to steal boons, aren’t they thieves after all?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

in all honesty im for all professions having many roles if built for it, take for instance a ranger can help remove conditions and heal the area or a guardian can buff…
however what i do not get is:
warriors can spec for:
1.High Health
2.High Armor
3.A lot of CC
4.Hit like a truck
5.Constant reapplication of boons
6.near constant stability
….

ALL IN ONE BUILD…this shouldnt be right…you should not have god mode with any class, at least with stealth you can get hit.
warriors with these type of builds should fulfill a role in one area, not in multiple. they need a REbalance. A whole team of 5 cannot take down a warrior in spvp…its ridiculous than he can just near perma F1 on Hammer. and keep everyone CCed. and still regenerate and reduce damage, and remove conditions.

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

I would also like to add more variations for builds for mesmer instead of this Sheep-meta in spvp…
get illusions/phantasms up
daze target, skill 2 with sword switch, shatter flurry….

so common yet tiresome to see, what happened to the ole’
Originality!…
players will use what works…this says something if nothing else does.

Posted by: Fergus.4208

Fergus.4208

Alter retaliation

Retaliation can be kept at 100% quite easily (for some classes), and it’s not hard to give a zerg constant retaliation. Retaliation deals fixed damage per attack, so it’s extremely effective against multi hit attacks. Many classes/builds will have to avoid using most of their abilities, because they receive much more damage than they dish out. Casting a few grenades into a retaliation buffed zerg is suicide.

Fast attacks don’t have any massive advantage to make up for this. Critical hit effects all have long cooldowns, which most slow hitting weapons with some crit chance will close to maximize anyways.

Blindness and Aegis is another advantage where fast attacks are ideal. However, you can counter aegis by simply not opening with one of your best attacks. Blindess can be countered by using #1 attack a single time.

Retaliation have no real counters (boon stripping is very limited), and they give a too big buff to zerging.

Possible way to fix retaliation:

1. Retaliation should be based on damage dealt. It does not need to be proportional to damage, but the fast weak attacks should in no way get the kind of retaliation damage they currently get.

2. It should also be harder to stack retaliation for a large group. This could be achieved by distinguishing single target stacked retaliation from area stacked retaliation. Keep that retaliation can stack 5 times in duration, but that only 2/3 of those can come from area retaliation. Either that, or give area boons a limit to how many can be affected (this may introduce some unwanted rng factor).

Why Retaliation is not like Confusion
Just before people start arguing that confusion is not OP and basically the same as retaliation, so reta. It’s not. Before you cast an ability, you can check wether you have any confusions on you. It’s alot harder to check the enemy targets if they carry retaliation (AoE), and conditions are feasible to remove. It is very easy for a zerg to have perma retaliation. The “opposite”, which consists of applying confusion to enemy, is much less effective.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

An ele can get multiple buffs just by switching attunements, not even using any skills, if they blast a couple fields while switching through 2-3 attunements, your easily looking at 4-5 important boons within a VERY short time frame. Ele aside there are multiple skills for certain professions such as Rage signet, that can provide 2-3 buffs INSTANTLY. So yes it is absolutely needed that LS maintains 2 boons per hit, unless its intended that thieves only play d/d or d/p backstab builds?

The key thing you’re missing here is that some professions, like the ele you mentioned, are balanced around having boons. They’re not optional, they’re not nice buffs, they’re required. Given the fact that you can also stack your boon stripping with things like weapon sigils, 2 per cast is over the top. There’s very few skills that remove more than 1 condition at a time for the same reason.

You should be able to weaken a boon user or condition spammer, but you shouldn’t be able to make them completely useless. Not for 100% of the time anyway.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: alucard.2019

alucard.2019

in all honesty im for all professions having many roles if built for it, take for instance a ranger can help remove conditions and heal the area or a guardian can buff…
however what i do not get is:
warriors can spec for:
1.High Health
2.High Armor
3.A lot of CC
4.Hit like a truck
5.Constant reapplication of boons
6.near constant stability
….

ALL IN ONE BUILD…this shouldnt be right…you should not have god mode with any class, at least with stealth you can get hit.
warriors with these type of builds should fulfill a role in one area, not in multiple. they need a REbalance. A whole team of 5 cannot take down a warrior in spvp…its ridiculous than he can just near perma F1 on Hammer. and keep everyone CCed. and still regenerate and reduce damage, and remove conditions.

agreed with you just see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VSMD3rmL2k

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

I don’t think changing unsteady ground to be more like line of warding is a good thing.
Line of warding was always a pain, run into it, and i get cc’d. Run away from it,cc’d again.
Set it on top of someone, and they can’t move for the entire duration.
Really felt like a kluge fix to make line of warding work. I’d rather not have any more skills made to be like that even if it is a buff to staff eles.

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

I appreciate this rare moment of transparency. It was a good move to present the ideas you guys are kicking around.

The QoL changes related to targeting and traits are welcomed. I might perhaps only suggest that Mesmer clones be continued to be looked at, as often times actually targeting the real one is much harder than finding him, only and entirely because you have to fight the UI and the targeting system.

I express worry over any changes to pets and minions that will noticeably affect WvW, as small scale WvW combat is more important to me than anything else. WvW has already become a broken mess by virtue of As gear, ranks, and Orb effects. I hope that for its future’s sake it isn’t ruined further by such changes.

To give us a preview of these changes was a good idea, hopefully you guys will continue to do so.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Thieves have a single source of stability ever, which is a channelled 90 second cooldown elite. If you cancel the channel, you are literally getting 9 ish seconds of stability for our elite slot.

I’m pretty sure every single elite that gives stability during channeling/transform was changed so that you lose the boon if you cancel it early somehow. Including Daggerstorm.

You may continue to be “pretty sure” but you are in fact incorrect. I use daggerstorm every single day, at pretty much every viable opportunity. It does in fact grant full stability if the channel is cancelled.

Feel free to PM me ingame for a demonstration, or load up a thief if you’ve got one any try it yourself.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

I hope they will change power of virtuous. Its currently too weak to be a Grand Master minor trait. Most of the time i will only have up to 4 boons in a party making it a 4% damage increase only.(fury+might+vigor+regen/protection/retailiation) I will it better if the damage increase is in stages.

Maybe something like:
1~2 boons : 3% increase in damage
3~4 boons : 5% increase in damage
5~6 boons: 7% increase in damage
7~8 boons: 9% increase in damage

Most of the time, I will have 3~4 boons so 5% increase in damage will be pretty decent.

Posted by: Yuta.9487

Yuta.9487

I’m very pleased by the fact that there will finally be some major improvements on the “underdog” classes. I’d like to add some suggestions in improving the ranger as I’ve been playing that class for over an year now.

Pets
I really like the idea of the pet having both more survival aswell as assisting abilities, as pets die rather fast, even with 30 traits spend on beastmastery.
Another major problem is that in many situations pets can be more of a issue than a helpfull companion. For example: pulling unnecessary mobs, being a useless tower at jade maw or at Liadri where your pet dies instantly resulting in you loosing ALOT of fire power making it almost impossible to kill her. I think a permanent storage (also in battle) which will add a part of the pets fire power to the ranger would be a good solution. This in such properties that playing with a pet is still more efficient, so you won’t encounter petles rangers. While having a fair chance keeping up with the group when you’re forced to not having a pet around.

Utility skills
The ranger assisting skills are all but usefull, no decent shouts and the pet based utilities are ever since the big nerfs crap aswell. Also there aren’t any good condition removal/break stun skills that you can cast right away, putting a ranger in a defenseless position. I’d love to see improvement here as many PvE parties look down on rangers because they barely add anything in teamplay.

Sword
Please, please do something about the stickiness of the rangers sword. You need to be able to interact on a event immediately (in the form of a dodge roll) to prevent taking too much damage. When using a sword you’re basically glued onto your enemy. VERY ANOYING.

Long bow
The AoE damage is lovely. But the cool downs are way too long. Also skill 1 to 4 are a bit underpowered. The longbow Just doesn’t keep up with the DPS from any other weaponry/classes.

PvE/PvP problem
In pvp a ranger can be a serious threat when you know how to play them, being able to fight from a distance makes up for the damage. And IMO their quite close to where I want them in PvP. But in PvE they lack the damage and the assisting skills doesn’t make up for it. So a good solution to me would be making the ranger more of a assisting class with mentioned before: a variety of pet strength in PvE/PvP.

Conclusion
The ranger can’t keep up with the DPS and doesn’t make it up in assisting skills either, making the ranger a less effective class in parties. Change skills/pet mechanics in that way that they’ll become usefull again or replace it with other skills.

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

Over all looks good. Though I am actually disappointed about the so few support buffs coming to mesmer. In comparison to other professions mesmeris not Really up there with the support role as naturally as other professions. In order to Be as supportive an other professions we need to devote far more in to a specific build than most do.

I would hope that they not only increase the aoe of the mantras but maybe also increase the durations or improve the effects of some of them. The stability from mantra of concentration is a little underwhelming being only 4 seconds of stability when spamming it. Maybe buff it by 1 sec stability. So 3 seconds of stability per cast.

Unless mantra of stability can break allies out of stuns? In which case never mind . That by itself is amazing. And would a interesting support that the Mesmer could have.

Other than that I am a little underwhelmed with the upcoming Mesmer support buffs.
I would ask that you do something about the limitation of finishers that the mesmer has. Which ties directly in to support. Maybe add another finisher to great sword. Like a blast finisher to great sword 3?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Elementalist
I wouldn’t mind seeing a Water Trait that adds a mild damage over time effect to Chill.

Warrior
I think these are okay for PvP (but I don’t PvP, so I could be wrong), but they could use a bit of love for PvE. I don’t have any suggestions over than making Stomp function more along the lines of Seismic Leap.

Posted by: Andrew.6487

Andrew.6487

And than ? Will u give we anti-clone skill ? or anti-pet skill ? anti-condi skill ? why is
thief only ? bad idea at all ! I give up, I’ll never spend any money on your game !

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

That is just not true.

Your statement was not true.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

And than ? Will u give we anti-clone skill ? or anti-pet skill ? anti-condi skill ? why is
thief only ? bad idea at all ! I give up, I’ll never spend any money on your game !

Decent thieves won’t have any problem with this. We will still gank people. The noob thieves who perma stealth won’t like it, but who cares. The game doesn’t need them.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Andrew.6487

Andrew.6487

doesn’t need stealth ? are u joke ? how u defeat a engi/necro/war without stealth ? if u can it just because they are nooooooooooooooooooooooooobs . what’s your pvp rank ? if not above 45 , u can’t talking about fighting , and the most important is , there is no 1 v 1 fighting in wvw , how can u escape without stealth?

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Get your fiance/spouse to play. Those who play together stay together.

Thats what I did. Working out much better than expected

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Oh… Also, Jon Sharp and Devs who think like him can eat a . . . . because they need to admit they cannot program a good pet AI. Suck it up. Get over themselves. Give the ranger the ability to perma-stow pets and give back that DPS. Would solve so many problems with the Ranger. After 1 year it’s painfully obvious they cannot program good pet AI. And by good it needs to be at least as smart as me. The pets barely got out of the 1st grade by the looks of it.

Pretty much thats all they can do now. Pets will live slightly longer with the HP buff. They’ll still die in all the places where they’d matter most. This game is built around damage-mitagation either through dodging or active healing. The pets cannot dodge and very few have the ability to heal. Unless you are going to invest 30 points into BM the pets will still be worthless after this patch.

One more thing, it would have helped the preception (are you paying attention Mr. Sharp because you are about changing preceptions) of the Ranger class had they named it Beastmaster instead… because that is what it is, not a Ranger.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Please fix 25 stack condition cap in PVE, allow us to have our personal 25 stack damaging-conditions space.(bleed, burning, poison, confusion, torment etc) Passive debuffing condition stack limit can stay the same.(for example vulnerability, weakness etc) Make condition weighted classes useful in pve, don’t obligate us to play as berserker only. This just makes some good berserker classes overpowered in pve in terms of dps.

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

doesn’t need stealth ? are u joke ? how u defeat a engi/necro/war without stealth ? if u can it just because they are nooooooooooooooooooooooooobs . what’s your pvp rank ? if not above 45 , u can’t talking about fighting , and the most important is , there is no 1 v 1 fighting in wvw , how can u escape without stealth?

as any other profession. i think put stealth in this game was a bug mistake. ranger sword is a playstyle what i can immagine to a thief. more agility and less stealth and blind to the thieves. (and mesmers)

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+