October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

doesn’t need stealth ? are u joke ? how u defeat a engi/necro/war without stealth ? if u can it just because they are nooooooooooooooooooooooooobs . what’s your pvp rank ? if not above 45 , u can’t talking about fighting , and the most important is , there is no 1 v 1 fighting in wvw , how can u escape without stealth?

as any other profession. i think put stealth in this game was a bug mistake. ranger sword is a playstyle what i can immagine to a thief. more agility and less stealth and blind to the thieves. (and mesmers)

As any other profession? so thieves should get access to multiple invulnerability mechanics, access to blocking skills, higher base hp, much much greater boon access, access to protection, access to stability? all the things thieves lack and give up for 3 seconds of stealth

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Absolutely not! Some classes rely on this for tanky builds and since there is no block mechanic in this game like other games and protection is only 30% defense there’s really no other option. There are plenty of ways of taking retal off your enemies and or letting them use them up and be on CD before you all out attack them you just have to pay attention while fighting.

Alter retaliation

Retaliation can be kept at 100% quite easily (for some classes), and it’s not hard to give a zerg constant retaliation. Retaliation deals fixed damage per attack, so it’s extremely effective against multi hit attacks. Many classes/builds will have to avoid using most of their abilities, because they receive much more damage than they dish out. Casting a few grenades into a retaliation buffed zerg is suicide.

Fast attacks don’t have any massive advantage to make up for this. Critical hit effects all have long cooldowns, which most slow hitting weapons with some crit chance will close to maximize anyways.

Blindness and Aegis is another advantage where fast attacks are ideal. However, you can counter aegis by simply not opening with one of your best attacks. Blindess can be countered by using #1 attack a single time.

Retaliation have no real counters (boon stripping is very limited), and they give a too big buff to zerging.

Possible way to fix retaliation:

1. Retaliation should be based on damage dealt. It does not need to be proportional to damage, but the fast weak attacks should in no way get the kind of retaliation damage they currently get.

2. It should also be harder to stack retaliation for a large group. This could be achieved by distinguishing single target stacked retaliation from area stacked retaliation. Keep that retaliation can stack 5 times in duration, but that only 2/3 of those can come from area retaliation. Either that, or give area boons a limit to how many can be affected (this may introduce some unwanted rng factor).

Why Retaliation is not like Confusion
Just before people start arguing that confusion is not OP and basically the same as retaliation, so reta. It’s not. Before you cast an ability, you can check wether you have any confusions on you. It’s alot harder to check the enemy targets if they carry retaliation (AoE), and conditions are feasible to remove. It is very easy for a zerg to have perma retaliation. The “opposite”, which consists of applying confusion to enemy, is much less effective.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Completely agree with you there. If we are going to lose stealth where is the compensation of all of the things this class lacks?

doesn’t need stealth ? are u joke ? how u defeat a engi/necro/war without stealth ? if u can it just because they are nooooooooooooooooooooooooobs . what’s your pvp rank ? if not above 45 , u can’t talking about fighting , and the most important is , there is no 1 v 1 fighting in wvw , how can u escape without stealth?

as any other profession. i think put stealth in this game was a bug mistake. ranger sword is a playstyle what i can immagine to a thief. more agility and less stealth and blind to the thieves. (and mesmers)

As any other profession? so thieves should get access to multiple invulnerability mechanics, access to blocking skills, higher base hp, much much greater boon access, access to protection, access to stability? all the things thieves lack and give up for 3 seconds of stealth

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

tl;dr

Dont know if it has been mentioned.

The primary thing i would like to see changed about Ground Targeting skills is, when having a foe selected/targeted, double clicking the skill will cast it on top of that foe.

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

tl;dr

The primary thing i would like to see changed about Ground Targeting skills is, when having a foe selected/targeted, double clicking the skill will cast it on top of that foe.

Why not an option to toggle “auto-play” where a bot plays your character and uses skills/dodges/placement to the best possible extent…!!!!111one.

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Stealth is a crutch for noobs. Decent thieves don’t need perma stealth to win.

OP’d thief, lol

Sanduskel.1850

Completely agree with you there. If we are going to lose stealth where is the compensation of all of the things this class lacks?

I don’t feel like I lack anything on my thief. I can heal quickly via stealth. I have the best mobility, and I have the best burst. Those who disagree rely on permastealth too much.

OP’d thief, lol

Shemsu.8721

I don’t feel like I lack anything on my thief. I can heal quickly via stealth. I have the best mobility, and I have the best burst. Those who disagree rely on permastealth too much.

Literally everything you mention is connected to stealth. Which is disabled via revealed. So with classes given ways to apply revealed like a condition, you would lack all those things.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

tl;dr

Why not an option to toggle “auto-play” where a bot plays your character and uses skills/dodges/placement to the best possible extent…!!!!111one.

Hmm, didnt knew my post would attrackt flies or trolls.

Anyway, in a boss fight or zerg i cant really see well where to put my Ground Targeting skill. And my suggestion saves time casting Ground Targeting skills also.

Posted by: Kohz.1534

Kohz.1534

When will you attempt to fix the balance issue in WvW? Be warned, people will only play your game for so long when they are constantly face rolled in WvW by servers that constantly out number you and not just on one map but all maps. This is happening more and more. I have seen it happen to other games and its starting to happen to GW2. NO ONE likes to constantly die day in and day out, week after week to servers that you really have no business facing. While we appreciate the fact that we get to play new people getting facerolled by far superior numbers does and is getting real old.

I would love to have a Dev comment on this as I’ll be forced to transfer to a server that has far superior numbers so I can face roll in a 75 man zerg some poor hapless server than can put together 25 players on a map at best or go back to playing checkers where I have a 50/50 chance of winning.

This is NOT an appealing situation you guys are putting us all in.

Please seriously consider fixing the inbalance on players in WvW

Fire Storm Atu, Elementalist
SoS Guild
Anvil Rock since BETA and not gonna leave!!

Sanduskel.1850

Literally everything you mention is connected to stealth. Which is disabled via revealed. So with classes given ways to apply revealed like a condition, you would lack all those things.

not perma stealth so, no.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Dear Anet.
Please stop trying to rebalance the classes currently. Its not worth it. First, add to the amount of weapons each class can use. This will help all classes across the board. After weapons are released, THEN you can retool anything that needs to be fixed. No point in doing this piece by piece every 2 months or so and rangers pets still suck and eles can do nothing except go zerk and pray for instant kills. Youre making double work for yourselves and dragging this out. With that said, Mesmer needs another melee weapon. Give Warriors a spear on land, same with Guard. Melee weapon for Engineer. The rest, whatever floats everyone elses boat. We need some real advancements, not mix and match over and over. Theres only so much butter you can put on bread before you need more bread. The talent and work behind this game is unbelievable… I want you to know that I love your work, as does everyone else, but these patches and make up brush moves are just not working. I have 6 80s, almost 7, and I love ALL the classes so far, but I can honestly say the Warrior is the only class, with maaaybe the necro, that has TRULY improved over the year since release. Im shocked that Ranger pets are still so close to worthless but im assuming theres something more to programming than any of us really understand and that the fix isnt that simple. I could go on but theres no point as I doubt ill ever get any kind of response and im super tired watching UFC and trying to farm cursed shore at the same time.

P.S. PLEASE announce an add on, it would add so much more life to this game. Even if theres no information behind it just confirm that there will be an expansion and more races/classes coming in 2014/15. Its good for business and great for fans. Thanks again.

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

EDIT:

Elementalist: We still havnt addressed the core problem of them. While conjurer are a nice gimmick and fun in LA, can have some good damage potential, this is not what has been asked by the ele community.

Right now we are sitting on the lowest hp pool of all classes. Without access to stealth (thieves) or clones/stealth(mesmers) nor aegis/protection(mesmer guardians) constantly being reapplying itself, we are FORCED (yes, you read that right, forced) to go with cantrips, water, some earth and 30 point arcana.

Eles have access to 20 different weapons skills at once… some highly defensive.

The only thing I would change about the ele is maybe some scepter/staff skills. Other than that they are well balanced.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

EDIT:

Elementalist: We still havnt addressed the core problem of them. While conjurer are a nice gimmick and fun in LA, can have some good damage potential, this is not what has been asked by the ele community.

Right now we are sitting on the lowest hp pool of all classes. Without access to stealth (thieves) or clones/stealth(mesmers) nor aegis/protection(mesmer guardians) constantly being reapplying itself, we are FORCED (yes, you read that right, forced) to go with cantrips, water, some earth and 30 point arcana.

The only thing I would change about the ele is maybe some scepter/staff skills. Other than that they are well balanced.

10/10 trolling. Will get many bites.

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

And than ? Will u give we anti-clone skill ? or anti-pet skill ? anti-condi skill ? why is
thief only ? bad idea at all ! I give up, I’ll never spend any money on your game !

Only mesmers create clones.

Several classes have stealth.

Also… anti-condition skills exist.

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

Rangers are the first class to get an anti stealth feature, why wont every class eventually get them too?, that is where the “qq” and LEGITIMATE concern comes from with the thieves that have posted here (whether they were constructive or not).

Dagger pistol thieves arent relying on the “crutch” of stealth as you other classes adorably refer to it because “they dont know how to play”, dagger pistol thieves are rampant because everything else that we have isnt viable, at all. The dagger pistol “perma stealth” build is the fault of every other class crying and complaining all the time and every single one of you act as if other thieves dont face these players too.

So an obvious migration would probably have been thieves turning towards sword dagger, oh wait, thats getting nerfed in the SAME patch. Brilliant work Arena net. I dont believe this is the end of the world but this is a direct attack and nerf of a mechanic that was willingly given and put into this game by arena net all the while knowing that amount of whining and crying such a feature like stealth causes. You know what? Too bad. Be mad at them, not us, we’re playing our class how it was made and was intended to be played.

If a single class is getting a skill to entirely negate and take away a major mechanic that even allows that class to function, (i.e. conditional removal, initiative regeneration, healing) then I want a 100% silence skill that completely shuts down and greybars my target for 4 seconds, would that be fair? of course not.

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Players want to see:

Account bound World XP

Gear/trait swap ability similar to swapping to town clothes

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

You know what? Too bad.

I know, right?

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

EDIT:

10/10 trolling. Will get many bites.

Worst “patch” for eles yet… Who the hell uses conjure weapons in pvp and wvw? For that matter who plays an ele in tpvp/wvw anymore?

I’m surprised they didn’t just buff eles to give us condi dmg on par with thieves or necros. Since condi dmg is the best thing since sliced bread an all -_-

How about something useful for eles like giving us some better trait options so we’re not forced into going into the arcana line… Put attunement recharge on a set 7-9 sec cd. Letting us allocated points into other traits or if we want arcana still we get boon duration(on us +) and condi duration(on us -)… Something useful for once… Since launch.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Ele was my main forever. After playing with others and coming back to it (post nerf) I realized the class is borderline worthless. Now im not saying it cant work, because it does and it works well…. but, every Ele is forced into the same trait lines and similar build altogether. Its really bad. I was all for eles not having weapon swap but eff it you might as well give it to them since staff basically sucks anyway, let us have x/x and staff. Give the staff an auto attack similar to the guardians. With that said, ditch the clones on mesmer auto attack with scepter and increase the attack speed, no one will beg you for MH pistol anymore

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Ele was my main forever. After playing with others and coming back to it (post nerf) I realized the class is borderline worthless. Now im not saying it cant work, because it does and it works well…. but, every Ele is forced into the same trait lines and similar build altogether. Its really bad. I was all for eles not having weapon swap but eff it you might as well give it to them since staff basically sucks anyway, let us have x/x and staff. Give the staff an auto attack similar to the guardians. With that said, ditch the clones on mesmer auto attack with scepter and increase the attack speed, no one will beg you for MH pistol anymore

I’ve given up hope for Ele as the devs don’t seem to really seem to notice how clunky and poorly designed it is, since they’ve said “Ele is fine”.

I’ve just rerolled to Engy where not only is your skill rewarded, but it’s actually fluid gameplay because of 0 cooldown kits lol, can swap non stop and use any ability I want when I need it, it’s like night and day.

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Regarding the change to Sic ’em, giving a specific class a counter to stealth is just stupid in my opinion, and I think it’s the wrong kind of counter anyway. For me it would make perfect sense to nerf perma stealth in a different way, perhaps like limiting the amount of times you can stack stealth to 2 or 3 times? I think the main problem with stealthing is how it can be easily abused to stay stealthed for very long periods of time, and this would make doing that impossible.

Member of TUP on Gandara

(edited by Okaishi.8320)

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Some venoms are great, like BV, Skale venom, and DV, but Spider venom is just a poor excuse to dish more poison out. If anything it should be the go-to skill for leeching venoms by reducing the poison duration per hit but increasing the number of hits.

As for stealth counters, just ask thieves for kittens sake! Stop beating this pony, let it run gracefully in a field because it’s likely it can’t hurt you unless you are a zerker yourself and have no prior experience with stealth mechanics (never played one, or against one).

When I first played this game, it was making a thief. I tried tons of builds out, did all content even if it rewarded me with nothing but copper, I learned thief. After a few months I got bored and made a ranger, and a warrior. At the time I was still new to the gw2 forums but I saw numerous posts on “stealth nerfs” and thought, am I doing something wrong? I continued to play my warrior and ranger and found stealth to be WAY overrated. I had no issues taking on a thief, in fact mesmers gave me harder troubles. Not because they could stealth but because they could stealth and send distraction targets, making their current position much harder to pin point. In any case, stealth isn’t op, its a mechanic you have to learn and the best way to learn it, is to use it yourself. If you can jump on a thief in spvp and wipe people out 20-0 then stealth is prolly op. But Gl to you. (and no custom matches, random hot join galore, go kill some unsuspecting individual with quickness d/d stealth bomb in full zerker. Most people have no problems countering that nowadays).

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

And than ? Will u give we anti-clone skill ? or anti-pet skill ? anti-condi skill ? why is
thief only ? bad idea at all ! I give up, I’ll never spend any money on your game !

Only mesmers create clones.

Several classes have stealth.

Also… anti-condition skills exist.

Only thieves are reliant on stealth as a primary defense.

Only thieves have an entire trait line that requires being able to stealth to function.

What you’re saying is that giving thieves the ability to instakill a pet is fair because multiple classes have pets, Despite several classes having variant levels of reliance on their pets.

Permastealth is an aberration, not a norm. The thief community has been saying FOREVER that fixing stealth stacking is the proper way to prevent it.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Posted by: Fergus.4208

Fergus.4208

Some stuff about retaliation

Absolutely not! Some classes rely on this for tanky builds and since there is no block mechanic in this game like other games and protection is only 30% defense there’s really no other option. There are plenty of ways of taking retal off your enemies and or letting them use them up and be on CD before you all out attack them you just have to pay attention while fighting.

If you bothered to read my post you’ll see I’m discussing how retaliation steamrolls characters with multiple hit attacks. There’s very very little to justify why damage dealt from many small attacks should get such insane amounts of retaliation damage.

If I play engineer, and throw grenades into a zerg, I will receive way more damage from retaliation than I deal.

A single grenade barrage throws 8 grenades (traited), so with 5 foes, it hits 40 times. If average retaliation damage is 300 (requires average of 1400 power), I will take 12000 armor ignoring damage. That’s close to instant suicide.

Retaliation is very easy to keep up in a zerg. It’s just a matter of spamming some light fields, and damage dealt is passive so it’s a very simple tactic. Very simple tactics should not be very powerful.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

tl;dr

Hmm, didnt knew my post would attrackt flies or trolls.

Anyway, in a boss fight or zerg i cant really see well where to put my Ground Targeting skill. And my suggestion saves time casting Ground Targeting skills also.

Frankly I like this idea very much I just think that troll thought attacking others makes him look cool.

In any case, I would like this very much as long as it placed it where the enemy was when you first started casting. It should not be a “heat seeker” but otherwise this would increase QoL, especially during those large zerg moments.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Evagal.2584

Evagal.2584

Please consider evaluating Mainhand and Offhand axe for Warrior. it is currently almost useless compared to other weapons in PVP.

Sanduskel.1850

Regarding the change to Sic ’em, giving a specific class a counter to stealth is just stupid in my opinion, and I think it’s the wrong kind of counter anyway. For me it would make perfect sense to nerf perma stealth in a different way, perhaps like limiting the amount of times you can stack stealth to 2 or 3 times? I think the main problem with stealthing is how it can be easily abused to stay stealthed for very long periods of time, and this would make doing that impossible.

l2p without perma stealth. some of us thieves can manage without that crutch.

OP’d thief, lol

Shemsu.8721

The addition of a noskill one button hard counter to stealth will barely tickle perma-stealth but it will severely hurt all normal thief stealth builds. It’s completely the wrong direction. Add a 3-4 second internal cooldown to infusion of shadow, problem solved.

NinjaEd.3946

Please consider evaluating Mainhand and Offhand axe for Warrior. it is currently almost useless compared to other weapons in PVP.

I’d agree on off-hand axe but main hand? Its incredible on a warrior especially if you trait for it a bit. Eviscerate aside, the dps cleave is quick and lethal. Only thing I hate is #3, a single target cripple seems a bit useless.

Sanduskel.1850

The addition of a noskill one button hard counter to stealth will barely tickle perma-stealth but it will severely hurt all normal thief stealth builds. It’s completely the wrong direction. Add a 3-4 second internal cooldown to infusion of shadow, problem solved.

it’s a good start. I look forward to every class being able to clean out the scrubs who rely on perma stealth. I do just fine without it.. It’s funny how the perma stealthers now come out with all sorts of solutions now. My fellow thieves sometimes annoy me.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Since you’re implementing new options for ground targeting please include a new option that lets you continually use an ability if you hold down the key.

This is for spammable attacks like Engy Grenades/bombs. I know you guys can already do this, so please!

NinjaEd.3946

Perma stealth is really just to annoy you, you should never die to it.

In wvw, I encountered a perma stealth thief. This was before sword #2 had the stun breaker removed, so trying to catch them was quite interesting. On my pvt hammer warrior I discovered his rotation (he was raising a dead ally) and waited for him to return. The second they did, WHAM stun locked and seconds later they were down on the floor. I could of just walked away and let the militia try finding him/her but when you play a thief main you kind of see things differently. A stealthy thief is a harmless thief unless you fall for their tricks. After their countless nerfs I really fail to see the desire for more… just leave them alone, go nerf engi or something.

Shemsu.8721

it’s a good start. I look forward to every class being able to clean out the scrubs who rely on perma stealth. I do just fine without it.. It’s funny how the perma stealthers now come out with all sorts of solutions now. My fellow thieves sometimes annoy me.

That’s a really great counter argument, you bring up some valid points… Ohhh wait you didnt, just more gibberish from a troll

Posted by: Bardes.1870

Bardes.1870

About Warrior,

Make F2 and F3 — Allow players to decide how many bars of Adrenaline they’re going to use.

About Ranger,

1.) Shouts all have too long CD (compare with Warrior and Guardian)
2.) GIve all shouts effect to influence player (like what warrior and guardian can do)
3.) Better damage radius for traps.

Pet
1.) Combine F3 into F1 — Let F1 simply reflex pet’s situation (if pet is attack, F1 shows “stop attack”; if pet isn’t attacking anything, F1 shows the “attack” mark.)
2.) Make F3 another useable (desided by player) skill.
3.) Pet inherent passive (better survivability)-- for example, spiders hae poision resistance.
4.) More pet skills — (differentiation, for example, what’s the difference between hawk and falcon?)
5.) Pet slot skill — Allow players to decide which skill should be their pets’ F2 or F3.

Spirits:
1.) Spirits can move without trait. (Maybe traits can make them move faster)
2.) Better survivability (more hp or higher armor)

About Engineer

Rifle and pistol
1.) Increase Range — Rifle to 1200 and pistol to 1000. The weapons currently are just sigil providers and are nearly nothing better than kits.
2.) Combine Rifle 3 and 4 — These 2 skills are jokes. Look at Ranger’s longbow 4. It doesn’t have the “self-knock-down” effect and is obviously much more effective.

Turrets
1.) They need better survabiility.
2.) Change the Detonate to slot skills (so players can use their belt skills even if turrets are set) — For example, Healing Turret → Cleansing Burst → Detonate Healing Turret.
3.) Traits to make turrets floating (be able to move slowly).

About Guardian

Spirit Weapons
1.) Provide 2nd effect — For example, bow attacks; shield does Bash; Sword provides Retaliation; and hammer gives Stability
2.) Need better survivability.

About Thief

1.) Better traps. (Caltrops can neraly outperform all the traps, and it doesn’t even belong to trap skills)
2.) Death Blossom (d/d 3) also needs some improvements. There is long pause while using this skill; and the dodge check is terribly aweful — you got knocked down or interrupted in air (where player expects the thief is dodging) very often.
3.) Unload (p/p 3) costs many but does not so many damages.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Just make bleeding stack 50 times already …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Focus on staff support?
Improving Elemental Weapons?

ArenaNet, why not delete the Elementalist?
Clearly you no longer have any love for it and trying your hardest to remove it’s ability to do damage and survive all together.

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

Just delete the Ranger. Nerf it to the gorund and some more. As if a 4s reavel can compensate it’s 40s cool down. Yeah 1 backstab later ur dead.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Just delete the Ranger. Nerf it to the gorund and some more. As if a 4s reavel can compensate it’s 40s cool down. Yeah 1 backstab later ur dead.

Rangers:
- Ranger attacks deal little damage
- Half the damage is the pets, uncalled nerfed damage by 20%
- You can support and make thieves visible. (Spoiler: Replace Ranger with a Guardian that has a hammer, you’ll get better results)

Mesmers:
- Damage had an uncalled for nerf
- Survivability had an uncalled for nerf
- Go Mantra’s or go away in sPvP. In a meta dominated by conditions and CC, lets limit this class use to just Mantra’s instead of fixing the brokenness of the meta.

Elementalist:
- Damage is kitten
- Survivability is gone
- Uncalled for nerfs
- You can support better with staff and Elemental Weapons have more uses.

Just delete these professions. You are not even trying to balance them.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Sanduskel.1850

That’s a really great counter argument, you bring up some valid points… Ohhh wait you didnt, just more gibberish from a troll

Well, I am sorry that you are struggling with your thief. I find my thief to be way too easy in WvWvW.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Well, I am sorry that you are struggling with your thief. I find my thief to be way too easy in WvWvW.

useless thieves are extremely easy …. effective ones aren’t.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I was actually suggesting something that might help prevent thieves from perma stealthing. Where do I say I’m a perma stealth thief? Do you actually read?

You obviously don’t run into many capable enemy players then, they often provide enough of a challenge. Any player who knows what they’re doing can do well against a thief. Or do you run as soon as you encounter someone like that? I can imagine that being easy.

Member of TUP on Gandara

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Change Contemplation of Purity to work just like the trait Pure of Voice. Currently Pure of Voice boons lasts three times as long and it has a better variety of condition to boon conversion. Contemplation of Purity boons that are converted from conditions last about three seconds.

A example of the boon variety is burning, with pure of voice this converts to aegis, but with CoP it converts to regen. With pure of voice fear converts to stability, with cop it converts to nothing. With pov, bleed converts to vigor, with cop it converts to regen.

What happens is when you convert conditions instead of get a variety based upon the conditions on you, you get three on average. It makes the conversion of cop infinitely less powerful than pov.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Staff ele is the most boring thing to play in this game stop trying to force eles into a garbage role that the community hates.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Speak for yourself, Achilles – I like Staff Ele. Hell, I main Staff or D(S)/D. What Staff needs, tbh, is a bit more speed on autoattacks. Those autos are mega-slow, and a trouble to use, 1v1.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

What would be interesting is if mesmers had a mantra that, when popped un-stealthed stealthed foes within a certain radius.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Problems there, VOLKON, are twofold:

1. A LOT of Mesmer players are bloody sick of being utility/support bots.
  2. Hell, Mesmer gets nigh-constant QQ and hate as is. Imagine how much more would exist if the class could de-stealth as a PBAoE?
Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

What would be interesting is if mesmers had a mantra that, when popped un-stealthed stealthed foes within a certain radius.

This idea makes me giggle — would be too much fun against pansy thieves in WvW.

That being said, I can’t see it as the amount of QQ would be huge… HUGE I say.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Oh… Also, Jon Sharp and Devs who think like him can eat a . . . . because they need to admit they cannot program a good pet AI. Suck it up. Get over themselves. Give the ranger the ability to perma-stow pets and give back that DPS. Would solve so many problems with the Ranger. After 1 year it’s painfully obvious they cannot program good pet AI. And by good it needs to be at least as smart as me. The pets barely got out of the 1st grade by the looks of it.

Pretty much thats all they can do now. Pets will live slightly longer with the HP buff. They’ll still die in all the places where they’d matter most. This game is built around damage-mitagation either through dodging or active healing. The pets cannot dodge and very few have the ability to heal. Unless you are going to invest 30 points into BM the pets will still be worthless after this patch.

One more thing, it would have helped the preception (are you paying attention Mr. Sharp because you are about changing preceptions) of the Ranger class had they named it Beastmaster instead… because that is what it is, not a Ranger.

Give rangers the ability in a trait line when specced in beastmaster high enough called:
“I Will Avenge You!”: Grants Stability, Fury, And Haste for 8 seconds.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

wouldnt they have to rewrite the books of the gw2 series if they remove stealth from thieves?