October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

short bow all attacks are 900

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crippling_Talon
ranger dagger 1200

try again?

It’s actually 900 range, but it can be traited to be 1200 range. So you’re both right.

Ranger longbow auto-attack is quite hard to work with:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot

The game never tells you at what range you are to the target and the best damage is at 1000+ range on a 1200 range weapon. This means the longbow won’t even do its max damage until 100 range past the max range of the shortbow/axe/dagger/torch. Lowering the 1000 to 900 for max damage would make sense. A traited longbow has less of an issue of course.

A range number shown on your current target would be very helpful, rather than just a red bar under the skill.

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

The trait that makes vengeance rally 100% of the time, should also half the global cooldown. You die long before it is even available, making that trait useless.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Thieves should have a trait to make traps ground target.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Traps need a massive overall, even ground target wouldnt make em useful right now

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

What I’d do with the elementalists’ staff skills…
– Lightning Attunement – single target, high damage; mobility boost.
– Fire Attunement – medium aoe, medium damage; dot (burn).
– Water Attunement – large aoe, low damage; crowd control; healing/condition removal.
– Earth Attunement – large aoe, low damage; dot (bleed); crowd control; defense boost.

What I’d do with the elementalists’ traits…
– No clue, but they need a lot of work. There are way too many traits that I can’t imagine anyone runs under any circumstance.

TexRob.5183

One alternative to those complaining about stealth is to have two forms, one pre-combat, same as it is. One that you are translucent, like a shadows form, where you can’t be targeted, but you can be hit by everything if they position towards you and use target based attacks, or AE. This is how it is now, just with people being able to know where the thief is now. I’m not saying to remove where they can totally stealth, but maybe change some skills around so total stealth is on a cooldown that can’t get them right back out of combat multiple times in a fight.

Shemsu.8721

One alternative to those complaining about stealth is to have two forms, one pre-combat, same as it is. One that you are translucent, like a shadows form, where you can’t be targeted, but you can be hit by everything if they position towards you and use target based attacks, or AE. This is how it is now, just with people being able to know where the thief is now. I’m not saying to remove where they can totally stealth, but maybe change some skills around so total stealth is on a cooldown that can’t get them right back out of combat multiple times in a fight.

Exactly what would be the point of invisibility thats visible?

TexRob.5183

What’s the point of being able to read words if you can’t understand them?

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Traps need a massive overall, even ground target wouldnt make em useful right now

The whole thief mechanics and skills need an overhaul

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

It would be a step forward.
Right now more than half of thief’s skills are pure trash.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Stealth should not drop your target selection.

However, if your target has the stealth buff, you won’t get any info on it (conditons/boons/location) from the server until he comes back out of stealth. Your skills will also act as-if you have no target selected. So skills that require a target will not work and skills that can dumb-fire will dumb-fire.

So something coming out of stealth will still be targetted and won’t have to be manually re-targetted.

You also wouldn’t see the red bulls-eye above a stealthed target’s head if you placed it on them of course. This goes without saying, but the last time I suggested this someone brought it up as an issue.

Shemsu.8721

Stealth does not mitigate damage in anyway, its only defensive value lies in that fact that enemies cannot see you. so tell, what would be the point if they could? How about we make two versions of protection, out of combat protection provides normal 33% reduced damage, in combat protection makes you translucent but provides no damage mitigation? apply the same to aegis, regen stability etc

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Stealth does not mitigate damage in anyway, its only defensive value lies in that fact that enemies cannot see you. so tell, what would be the point if they could? How about we make two versions of protection, out of combat protection provides normal 33% reduced damage, in combat protection makes you translucent but provides no damage mitigation? apply the same to aegis, regen stability etc

Not to mention mele attacks… just a really bad suggestion.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Can Mesmers use their Underwater weapons on land please? The two of them are probably my favourite weapons in the game and probably the best Melee and condition weapon a Mesmer has and it is a shame they can only be used in a small part of the game.

It will also help with OoC maneuverability for Mesmer exploring.

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I wish they would have a permanent stow for pets like everyone has been saying

For almost a year now, my ranger has been iny dust shelf.

Perhaps instead of a DPS increase another mechanic is introduced to outweigh the loss of a pet?

Someone brought up preparations which were a huge thing in gw1 (and more important than pets)

Perhaps it can be like, stow a pet and your f1 f2 f3 f4 become…
Apply Poison: every 2-3 hits target is poisoned for x seconds..
Barbed Weaponry (a play on gw1 Barbed Arrows): for every x hits target bleeds for x seconds
Splinter Attacks: there is a 25% chance that nearby foes receive x damage
Kindled Weapons: for every 3 attacks, target burns for x seconds and suffer x damage

Could also delete\merge pet traits and make it so the pet trait tree shares some traits with the new mechanic (even though it was Wilderness Survival in gw1)

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Candar.8140

Candar.8140

Hi Jonathon, Fortus.6175 makes some very good points.

I solely play D/D Elementalist. I have spent 30 points in earth, 20 points in fire and 20 points in water, which concurs with Fortus’ assessments.

Although I have found this condition build effective, it’s not my preferred build, but it’s one of more viable builds in order to stay alive long enough to make a contribution in my SPVP team. I cannot go all out beserker as d/d Elementalist simply because my burst potential is underwhelming when compared to a thief or warrior and I would certainly run the risk of being one-shotted in no time.

With the current earth build mentioned earlier, these are my findings:

• When faced with a warrior my stun-breaker “Armor of Earth” has 90s cooldown (72s traited), and the moment it’s over then warrior’s stun abilities can be a real problem. Despite timing my dodges and my careful use of “Armor of Earth”, coupled with warrior’s huge HP and toughness, this can be a long fight for an d/d elementalist with limited stun-breaking abilities. I have considered using “Arcane Shield” but with a 75s cooldown and no stability, I decided against it.
  • Channelling “Churning Earth” with “Armor of Earth” for stability, 3.5 seconds is a long time; when faced with a thief, he knows my “Armor of Earth” can be stolen. I have lost count the number of times, my long-casting, devastating spell with stability had been cut short by a thief.
  • Fire Grab: it’s about time that this very important spell, which often forms part of our burst kitten nal hits our target. Consider making this like “Drake’s Breath”: automatically locks on target.
  • Ride-the-lightning: your team should’ve given this more thought. In this regard, you inadvertently buffed the thief. For example: thief is targeted, elementalist executes the ride-the-lightning spell, he goes invisible, hits the wall. Now, fair play on the thief’s part for countering the RTL spell, but to penalise the elementalist by doubling the spell cooldown as well?

To sum up on the above, would like to see base HP increased; cooldowns for “Armor of Earth”, “Fire Grab”, “Arcane Shield”, “Ride-the-lightning” reviewed.

Posted by: Ruggan.4102

Ruggan.4102

All this BS about stealth needing a counter… there are counters to stealth… you just need to actually learn to use them.

The problem with thieves and stealth is…well, I’ll let these quotes do the talking for me.

“You can’t hit what you can’t see.” ~Walter Johnson
“You cannot dodge what you cannot see!” ~Gen

But to add to this, we need some REAL hard counters to stealth, something to get it off somebody. I really hope Sic ‘Em is changed to a pet damage increase for all its attacks for a certain amount of time, with the Reveal being an AoE around the pet of 900 range. If we can start seeing at least one skill that does that on at least half of the classes, you won’t see as much complaining from players about the ‘invincible’ thief.

Its funny you say the “Invincible” thief… I play thief and I can tell you right now, they are not invincible. Now, lets look at your quotes:
You can’t hit what you can’t see: True, but you can counter the thief before he goes into invis mode… or you can knock him out of the circle before it takes effect… or you can AOE the area around you and do some serious damage… or you could dodge and roll because you know that he is going for a BS or running away….
You cant dodge what you cant see… umm sure you can. You just have to do a little thing called thinking. If a thief goes invis in front of ya… chances are, he is looking to get behind ya… so yea dodge.

I love all the complaining that there are no hard counters to stealth. Should we put a skill on a warrior shout that dissolves clones and phantasms before they can be shattered? Or perhaps give an effect that keeps an ele from switching elements? No, you guys would say well those are something we can see and stop ect. Yea you can stop them by INTERUPTS and DODGING!

Posted by: Avatara.1042

He said you cannot be targeted…

Shemsu.8721

He said you cannot be targeted…

So mesmers couldnt summon clones/phantasm. Thats about all that really needs a target in this game, all melee can be used without target, most ranged attacks can be dumb fired, not to mention aoe, pbaoe.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

To Devs.

Please look into Thief deadly arts master trait; “Improvisation”.

I’m very confused with the intention of this trait as 10% damage increase for using a “bundle” (note: it does not effect thieves steal skill bundles) is hardly worth taking it for and the rng is too unreliable of a trait to make it effective and a master like trait. This trait feels more outdated and forgotten since beta.

1st. The trait misinforms its actual function.
2nd. the Rng is unreliable. i can put 3 deception skills on my utility bar, non will recharge after 20 steals, or mix matching deception, tricks, and traps, still non instantly recharges.
3rd. something else could/should replace this trait

I Use this trait all the time.

As to the RNG, it procs every type of listed skill, whether you have them equipped or not. This prevents you from using the trait to get a 100% chance of a successful recharge basically, and it is purposely designed to be somewhat unreliable, and used as a “welp” if all of your stuff is on cooldown, or to enable some neat doublecast tricks if you pay attention and… ya know… improvise. That RNG is pretty well balanced as it is for a 20 point trait, but the damage buff needs to at the very least affect stolen items, and ideally effect damage while holding one.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Ranger:

• pet survivability has always been flat out unacceptable. Often 1-2 shot in dungeons and large scale wvw.
  • Instead of having “passive” mode, give pets a “spirit” mode. The pet stops attacking, no longer takes damage, but imbues the Ranger with a pet-specific buff. For instance, maybe a crit bonus while a cat is on passive, maybe a chance to cause bleeding while a shark is on passive, you get the idea.
  • pigs: pet f2 performance is unacceptable. drop an object on the ground? really? that enemies can pick up? really?
  • why does “Guard” shout have a cast time?

Thief: in combat restealth options need to be on cooldown (lengthen revealed timer). out of stealth survivability needs to be improved.

Elementalist: Really good defensive mechanics needed in offensive lines to compete with water and arcana. Class not viable without speccing for a defensive mechanic, of which there are really only 2 (water 15 minor trait, and evasive arcana), arguably 3 (earths embrace). Alot of this could be done by improving fire aura into a melee reflect, similar to magnetic aura. RTL 40sec cd too high, triggering full cd even when used offensively.

Engi: grenade(#1) deserves an auto attack / auto targeting option to avoid carpel tunnel syndrome.

Guardian: Mobility needed

Necro: Why isnt Epidemic instant?

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Ranger:

• pet survivability has always been flat out unacceptable. Often 1-2 shot in dungeons and large scale wvw.
  • Instead of having “passive” mode, give pets a “spirit” mode. The pet stops attacking, no longer takes damage, but imbues the Ranger with a pet-specific buff. For instance, maybe a crit bonus while a cat is on passive, maybe a chance to cause bleeding while a shark is on passive, you get the idea.
  • pigs: pet f2 performance is unacceptable. drop an object on the ground? really? that enemies can pick up? really?

Thief: in combat restealth options need to be on cooldown (lengthen revealed timer). out of stealth survivability needs to be improved.

Elementalist: Really good defensive mechanics needed in offensive lines to compete with water and arcana. Class not viable without speccing for a defensive mechanic, of which there are really only 2 (water 15 minor trait, and evasive arcana), arguably 3 (earths embrace). Alot of this could be done by improving fire aura into a melee reflect, similar to magnetic aura. RTL 40sec cd too high, triggering full cd even when used offensively.

Engi: grenade(#1) deserves an auto attack / auto targeting option to avoid carpel tunnel syndrome.

Guardian: Mobility needed

Necro: Why isnt Epidemic instant?

Second all of these — excellent suggestions!

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Ranger:

+1 to this. Especially spirit mode, which WOULD get rid of all of the “Pet being useless” talk. Especially if one of the traits was changed to give the passive buff to up to 5 people nearby.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Could perhaps turn it into something like the thief steal. Press once to dig, press again to fire off whatever found.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

This games balance is a freaking joke. Some classes got it so good then others its stupid. spvp/tpvp is basically who can abuse the most buffed class the most vs the other player playing the same class or the other most abused unimaginably buffed class. People cant play a class they want to play(ranger) because they plane out suck fat nuts. If you wana get any where you have to abuse the cheese fest skills classes have. Classes like super invis ‘’i still kill you in invis’’ mesmers or the ‘’condi in my sleep’’ necros. Or the supreme buffed engis that can throw every condi on you and burst you down at the same time. Not to mention this kitten skullcrack hb baby combo going on.

If you cared about balance anet this type of bs wouldn’t be in the game. Each month some class gets buffed so good everyone uses it and abuses it and the combos you buff up. There are so many high toughness/vit wars running around with the skull crack hb thing that they can noob hard and deal dmg since their target cant move. Stun breaker you say? i hope you have a stun breaker every 4 seconds.

I dont use the forums much because i actuly play the game. But when you listen to these forumwarriors and their bs you nerf and buff the wrong things to so many limits that it makes spvp/tpvp/wvw a nightmare for casuals/newbs and some vets.

Please use your brains before you do these so called balances. Getting real tired of fighting the same class players with the same 2 builds in wvw.

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’d love to know what Mesmer you’re fighting, Mosharn. Permastealth’s not a Mesmer trick. You’re lucky to see a 6 second Stealth, and that requires 30 in Chaos + using Mass Invis. And, the c/d on Mesmer stealth-moves is pretty nasty, compared to even a non-SA Thief.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

This games balance is a freaking joke. Some classes got it so good then others its stupid. spvp/tpvp is basically who can abuse the most buffed class the most vs the other player playing the same class or the other most abused unimaginably buffed class. People cant play a class they want to play(ranger) because they plane out suck fat nuts. If you wana get any where you have to abuse the cheese fest skills classes have. Classes like super invis ‘’i still kill you in invis’’ mesmers or the ‘’condi in my sleep’’ necros. Or the supreme buffed engis that can throw every condi on you and burst you down at the same time. Not to mention this kitten skullcrack hb baby combo going on.

If you cared about balance anet this type of bs wouldn’t be in the game. Each month some class gets buffed so good everyone uses it and abuses it and the combos you buff up. There are so many high toughness/vit wars running around with the skull crack hb thing that they can noob hard and deal dmg since their target cant move. Stun breaker you say? i hope you have a stun breaker every 4 seconds.

I dont use the forums much because i actuly play the game. But when you listen to these forumwarriors and their bs you nerf and buff the wrong things to so many limits that it makes spvp/tpvp/wvw a nightmare for casuals/newbs and some vets.

Please use your brains before you do these so called balances. Getting real tired of fighting the same class players with the same 2 builds in wvw.

I have played a mesmer since basically launch. Mesmer’s NEVER succeed in killing people while invisible, most skills will reveal the mesmer if they attack and summoning a phantasm by the time your done your invis is up. We have only a few invisibility skills that last between 3-5 seconds and they have insane cooldown times of like 45 seconds to 90 seconds, only exception is The Prestige, which has a short duration and is a channeled skill so you can’t activate anything else at all without breaking stealth immediately. I am guessing you were one of those with a bad internet connection that suffered from the effects of culling, which is how some of the more famous mesmer players who have done YouTube video’s of taking on small zergs got famous, by relying on culling to increase the time it took to render their sprite and then going back into invis. That was a glitch and had nothing to do with skill, exploits don’t make players great. You probably experienced that. With culling removed your description of mesmer’s is simply incorrect. As for condi necro’s, I just think the recent buff to conditions has made them a bit overpowered for those that run that way. On the flip side I am also very tired of worn out classes. I just wish they hadn’t relied so much on direct damage build development while nerfing duration on boons and condition duration and other effects that were given limits compared to things like precision or power which simply scale endlessly. Some of us do things in creative ways; we shouldn’t be kitten ahead of time for it.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

I’m completely underwhelmed, all you posted was some fluff and meh balances. Cool, you’re going with the anti stealth route. Congrats on making S/D the only viable thief build in the years to come, ANet YOU SO SMART TEEHEE!

I think it’s even more silly you tied that mechanic to a ranger – who is almost impossible to backstab thanks to pet eating 90% of them because your targeting is absolutely atrocious. On top of their perma regen and protection I may as well just roll a ranger. Forgive me if rangers have been nerfed, last I played they were unkillable by a BS thief if they knew what they were doing. Hell they seem to have more evades than a thief.

I guess you’ll listen to thief QQ but ignore every other glaring issue with the game that players are crying about. I’m impressed, continue the amazing work.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

(edited by Mathias.9657)

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Class balance:
Warrior
We’re looking to improve shouts so that support via shouts is more viable. This means moving Lung Capacity to Tier 1 so that you can take it along with Shrug it Off and Vigorous Shouts. The Warrior is in a pretty decent place overall right now, and sees play in many types of content, as well as in PvP/WvW.

shouts and warhorn buffed. i like this.
thanks!

also healing signet is awesome now, please do not touch it.
thanks again!

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I’m completely underwhelmed, all you posted was some fluff and meh balances. Cool, you’re going with the anti stealth route. Congrats on making S/D the only viable thief build in the years to come, ANet YOU SO SMART TEEHEE!

I think it’s even more silly you tied that mechanic to a ranger – who is almost impossible to backstab thanks to pet eating 90% of them because your targeting is absolutely atrocious. On top of their perma regen and protection I may as well just roll a ranger. Forgive me if rangers have been nerfed, last I played they were unkillable by a BS thief if they knew what they were doing. Hell they seem to have more evades than a thief.

I guess you’ll listen to thief QQ but ignore every other glaring issue with the game that players are crying about. I’m impressed, continue the amazing work.

If you can’t bs a ranger, you need to l2p. I find it easy on my thief. Rangers are pretty easy to kill in WvWvW. Seriously, L2p

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

If you can’t bs a ranger, you need to l2p. I find it easy on my thief. Rangers are pretty easy to kill in WvWvW. Seriously, L2p

I’m not talking about W3.. and my point is they are killing stealth off more and more making only 1 viable build playable. I can kill a ranger but not if they’re good, not on D/D. Of course you play WvW so you are against a bunch of pve heroes.

S/D is already ridiculous and the only viable competitive build a thief has, I’m talking real pvp here.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

I’m completely underwhelmed, all you posted was some fluff..

There was a video out today on the future of GW2.
It provided, as expected, nothing in terms of insight. I did like their graphic with the 70+ class skills and 800+ class skills though.
Questions were asked, and ignored.

I like how you say l2p twice. Do tell us how you play. Is it by lining your face to the left of the keyboard and rolling it to the right?

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: percival.1934

percival.1934

Guardian :*
- Signet of Resolve + Purity Major Trait (V in Valor)
passive effect need a bit boost imo, make it like 7 / 8 sec instead of 10

- Might of protector (25 grandmaster minor trait) – 1 might / 1 block
can we get another effect? guardian’s blocking move?
i mean, it only works when u use shelter , retreat + aegis passive and active effect
a bit letdown considering u have to invest 25 points

Einclad – Tarnished Coast
Kalau kamu bisa membaca ini, kamu sudah menghabiskan waktumu untuk hal yg tidak penting :D

Posted by: Meridian.8730

Meridian.8730

Please, please don’t nerf larcenous strike. It will make thief sword completely non-viable for any wvw/pvp fights as anything besides comic relief for other professions. That will pigeonhole all thieves into dagger main, which is already easily countered by many professions.

And…btw…you CAN hit what you can’t see. It happens all the time. Thieves are just as fragile while invisible as when visible.

(edited by Meridian.8730)

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Just thought this would be an appropriate place to toss this out to ya’ll before the patch hits…

I wish that Rangers had the ability to ‘track’ a target…especially for guild missions and the like. It could even help in sPvP…where a target would only be trackable if it was within a certain radius of the Ranger.

I really feel like this would help make Rangers a bit more of a commodity and wouldn’t be game breaking.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Hello Mr. Jonathan.
I’ll start by saying I really like the possible buffs to Elementalists and as one, I’m really looking forward to it. I do have some concerns about Ele’s.
I’ve played all of the Ele’s weapon choices but I always end up in the Staff-gameplay. So if you’ll allow me, I’d like to suggest some possible adjustments to some skills and leave it up to you to test it our.

- I find the Fire skills in Staff to be in correct place so there’s nothing I would change, although regarding all Staff auto-attacks they do seem a bit slow in speed, comapred to Longbows which makes them a lot more avoidable. I don’t know if they’re ment to be like this to have a balance but in all 4 attunements the projectile speed feels slower.

- As of Water I’ve seen you’ve already working on the changes there so I’m not gonna comment much there.

- My biggest concern in Air in Staff is Gust. I’ve really tried to work around this skill as it has nice potential added to us, even though it’s a Push and not Launch, but I can never place it correctly and I don’t think I’m the only one. I’ve used it in so many situations and it fails me completely. I played around with Illusionary Wave, Shield of Absorption, Riffle Butt and Staggering Blow and I never experienced so much discomfort like I did with Gust. It’s like: Oh good. I have this push I can push them away from me, or I can push them off the cliff and it just fails. I don’t know why, but I never had a successful Gust pushing against players. Is it because it doesn’t have a wider range when passing by, I don’t know but it just doesn’t feel right when you can’t achieve that successful strategy you’ve planned over and over again. It might me just me, I will accept that, but can you please look into it a bit?

- AS of Earth in Staff I really like the WoL ability for UG. I think that is something we are missing. I don’t know if this is the key to make Earth feel usefull but it’s a step forward. I’ll say my experience in earth. It revolves basically at it’s weak auto-attack, Stoning. Slow speed, low damage I just don’t use it ever. Only time I go Earth in Staff is for the Protection from trait and Magnetic Aura. Shockwave with Immobilize should be excellent in theory, but eles use Immobilize to stop runners and close up on them but when we do close up on them there’s not much we can do to finish them. Since all enemies retreat when we outdamage them in Fire, changing to Earth makes your Damage Attunement on 9ish sec recharged and when you use Immo you have nothing to sustain the damage on them. Since if you try to cast Eruption, basically it won’t erupt in time while they’re immobilized and did I say you can’t do anything with Stoning?
I do have a starter idea if you’re willing to look into addressing more towards Earth. I have a feeling that maybe Stoning and Eruption effects should be replaced. Stoning to give out bleeding and Eruption to give Weakness (and be more like Lava Font with ticks of Weakness and all the Eruption damage divided into 3 ticks).

Hehe, also there are some other concerns when it comes to Utility and Elite skills.
All eles will agree that Tornado is situational and is only working in those specific situations and I don’t know what more can be done about it.
I would like to address the Fiery Greatsword elite conjure. You’ve already said that updates are coming towards conjures but I don’t know if you’ve ment this one too. The skill is good except that I do not know why do we have to stop and cast it. As an Ele we all work on our mobility and somehow this small “feature” is really bugging us a lot. Since our GS is modeled by Warrior’s GS we should be kinda able to use it in the way Warriors use it. To close-up on enemies (and I’m talking about Pve/WvW since in SPvP with the small maps this might be not necessary). Stopping to cast it makes our enemies go even further away beyond our reach.

As of utilities I feel that we’re missing something that other professions have, Something they can “insta-cast” while they’re damaging folks, whether it’s some sort of CC or some more support in the Utility. I do not have any ideas here what would work it’s just a feeling that I had while I was running and leveling my other professions. Looking at our Utilities I could only say that Glyph of Elemental Power and Glyph of Storms are the least ones used and if you do not plan to add more Utility to Ele anytime soon I would work on those 2 since the rest of Ele Utility works with a lot of builds and people do use them.

Sorry for this long post, I took this opportunity to express my concern about Eles since I didn’t want start another topic in the sea of topics about everyone’s wishes how they think their professions should be Godlike.
I do hope you read this and consider it. That’s all I’m asking and I’ll be happy with any decision. This is all I can contribute.
Looking forward to the October balance.
~Sincerily, King Arian.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Alsatian.6307

Alsatian.6307

Counter Play, every game developer needs to watch this video.
http://youtu.be/BRBcjsOt0_g

This.
Thats what we are missing: depth for a lot of professions. It’s quite clear that some professions are the underdogs in this game (ranger due to this years nerfs, elementalist cause of their low health which forces them on water/arcane builds). Then we have the OP professions/builds like the berserker warrior and stealth thieves.

I find it hard to believe that this core mechanic still isn’t solved out. ArenaNet promised before launch that every profession would be independent, versatile, unique and flexible. But all I see now is OP professions/builds being nerfed down in the name of overpoweredness, while other decent, unique builds or even different area’s like PvE and PvP of the same profession need to suffer the consequences.
I really hate it that 9/10th of warriors is berserker because that build is OP, there isn’t enough versatility, even with the improvement on shouts and warhorns.

I for one play a condition dps/support warrior, and this build was very nice and decent: It didn’t have the huge dps like berserker warriors, but it made up for great AoE, dots and most of all, survivability.
Then ArenaNet decided to nerf down the food buffs which gave 66% chance to heal on crit to have a 1 second interval each time. So heal-1 sec-heal-1 sec, instead of heal for each crit that successfully applied, which changed my decent build to completely worthless, simply because they removed the survivability. (Attacking big groups with AoE gave enough healing to survive through, giving a new dimension of strategy, now, I simply die by being hit by 3-4 enemies).
I can understand that people want OP professions to be nerfed cause the other professions aren’t so strong, but nerfing down things and destroying dept in the process is just completely wrong.
Instead of nerfing, they should focus on improving the professions that feel underpowered, and leave the builds that are good enough to stay as they are. Because nerfing them down is the same as removing some optional builds, destroying the versatility in the process, which doesn’t improve the game as a whole.
I hope that ArenaNet will restore the mechanic of the food buff back to it’s original state, if the buff is way to OP because of the amount of healing, then lower down the amount per successful crit, that way only builds who are focused on it will still benefit the most, while the buff won’t be OP anymore for builds that don’t need it.

And please, do something about the guns, they aren’t interesting enough or strong enough within fights, bows are more used than guns from my point of view.

Please fix 25 stack condition cap in PVE, allow us to have our personal 25 stack damaging-conditions space.(bleed, burning, poison, confusion, torment etc) Passive debuffing condition stack limit can stay the same.(for example vulnerability, weakness etc) Make condition weighted classes useful in pve, don’t obligate us to play as berserker only. This just makes some good berserker classes overpowered in pve in terms of dps.

I also would like this to be added, it’s annoying if there are 2 condition damage players within the same dungeon, do apply this only on PvE, I agree it would get way to overpowered in other area’s, but in PvE, condition builds will be easily undermined simply because of the cap and having to share that cap with other players.

In the end, I just wish that everyone will have their own, unique, interesting and awesome characters to have fun playing with, this is your chance, ArenaNet: do something about it!

(edited by Alsatian.6307)

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Hey all!
We wanted to ‘spoiler’ a couple of patch notes early, so here they are:

Glacial Heart: This trait now delivers an area strike on the target it activates on, damaging and chilling up to 5 enemies in a 180 radius.

Transfusion: This trait now scales with healing power at a 20% rate, where it didn’t previously scale.

Unsteady Ground: This skill no longer damages or cripples enemies. It will now prevent foes from crossing the area, knocking them back a short distance. Lasts for 3 seconds.

Roy and I are scheduled to stream on October 11th where we’ll go over a few more features and adjustments that you’ll see on the mid-october update. Be sure to tune in and check it out!

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Is this game out of open beta yet?

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Hey all!

Glacial Heart: This trait now delivers an area strike on the target it activates on, damaging and chilling up to 5 enemies in a 180 radius.

Transfusion: This trait now scales with healing power at a 20% rate, where it didn’t previously scale.

Unsteady Ground: This skill no longer damages or cripples enemies. It will now prevent foes from crossing the area, knocking them back a short distance. Lasts for 3 seconds.

Roy and I are scheduled to stream on October 11th where we’ll go over a few more features and adjustments that you’ll see on the mid-october update. Be sure to tune in and check it out!

Thank-you so much for giving unsteady ground back it’s original function. Any chance ye’ could do the same for churning earth?

And for the love of all that is good please don’t forget the focus for another 12 months!

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

And in this thread, you see how even when Devs come into the forums and explain why they are doing what they are doing… it really doesn’t do much to quell the “toxicity” of the players posting in said threads.

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

as an ele i feel like we got the finger compared to every one else-.- once more, and we are properly the class who needed a real buff the most… bs

do this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Attunement-and-Traits-Revamp-idea/first#post2825766

(edited by Erebus.7568)

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Hey all!

How much damage does glacial heart do? I’m curious.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Rangers need a buff and look over the most. Traits terrible for the most part.

Thieves traits need a look over as well like the one that increases dmg if you are carry a bundle and yet we dont have any.

we dont have any weapons that can reach past 900 anymore.

Both classes need a general revamp but ranger needs it more. Make it fun again like it was in beta.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Waw all want their favorite classes boosted and overpowered over and over again ! Are you insane ? Let anet balance this game and stop the Q.qs !

Posted by: Merrex.5384

Merrex.5384

Ranger
Sick ‘Em will now apply ‘Revealed” to enemies they target.

Ok I am missing something here, If your target uses stealth you no longer have a Target correct ? So then does the pet just go after that last thing you had targeted or do you need to use it before they stealth ? Or maybe its a AOE Ground target…..

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Please implement a non-pet ranger option like the spirit one stated above. Pets just don’t last long in wvw to all the stray aoes and melee trains.

Unless you can make pets stronger and smarter, give us the option to turn them off and not be 40% less effective

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Glacial Heart just needs a decent ICD, not a 30 sec one.

That’s what makes it unviable.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Hey all!

How about retaining a small damage component on line of warding, so we can take advantage of the on hit/crit effects?

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Posted by: Dico.4815

Dico.4815

Hey all!

Glacial Heart needs a decent ICD. 10 seconds would make it a good option since hammer is slow and you would catch the enemy easier.