Odd "toy golems" sighted in three cities.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

:( you ruined the fun. I wanted to have hype for a secret update on tuesday where we need to fight against golems all around tyria. It sucks that it won’t happen.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Xdmatt.3958

Xdmatt.3958

So an exploit then, though a mostly harmless one.

Wonder what the penalty will be. Back in WoW, people got permabanned from forums just for talking about exploits openly, regardless of the nature of the said exploit.

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Posted by: Clownshock.5043

Clownshock.5043

same thing here in LA

Attachments:

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

:( you ruined the fun. I wanted to have hype for a secret update on tuesday where we need to fight against golems all around tyria. It sucks that it won’t happen.

Getting people hyped for an upgrade that never comes isn’t any definition of fun I’ve ever heard.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

So an exploit then, though a mostly harmless one.

Wonder what the penalty will be. Back in WoW, people got permabanned from forums just for talking about exploits openly, regardless of the nature of the said exploit.

The penalty is nothing because this is a bug, not an exploit. There’s nothing to be gained and nothing harmed from this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: hildegain.2106

hildegain.2106

same thing here in LA

Yup, I was there. It was glorious.

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

… don’t worry, I’m sure some one may be working on GW2 bugs.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Oh man. Was really hoping something special was coming down the line.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Oh man. Was really hoping something special was coming down the line.

Ikr. I was really disappointed to find out it was a bug. I so had hopes that there was a fun event or mini game planned for us.

Oh well, back to farming the Silverwastes.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Haha they even follow you like a mini as long as you are on that map I love dis!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I saw a few of them in the Heart of the Mists last night. OH MY GOD! IT’S THE kittenING APOCALYPSE! STOCKPILE THE MASHED POTATOES! THE END TIMES HAVE COME!

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Noobay.6251

Noobay.6251

It’s the spanish inquisition!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It’s the spanish inquisition!

I totally did not expect that.

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

“Well then, we’ll bow down to our golem overlords”

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

SAB Praeludium! World 3: My little Toys confirmed!

Posted by: danielsz.6702

danielsz.6702

They are in Edge of the mists too and i even saw someone with 10 of them following him … really misterious

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I love these little teaser events that show something’s in the works.

Thanks Anet.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Thanks Anet.

Except for the fact that this is not one of them.
It is apparently a bug, as stated multiple times in this very thread.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Thanks Anet.

Except for the fact that this is not one of them.
It is apparently a bug, as stated multiple times in this very thread.

Whoops. Sorry about that; my mistake.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

yay, this screenshot was good for something:
LA this morning

Attachments:

Posted by: meyst.4639

meyst.4639

I doubt it’s the ‘bug’ or a glitch you guys are mentioning. In LA they would walk and line up from the little cave at the end of the “queue”. They also started circling the Mystic Forge. In Divinity’s Reach one was placed in the middle of a circle.
If someone would be using the bug we would’ve seen him place the golemns, but they just appeared or WALKED in from behind the scenes. Also i doubt its possible to place the golemns that specifically if you are just spamming a skill
I think this is most likely a fellow player messing with us. ^^

There are (were?) also some in Gendarran Fields.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Surprised no one has come up with a convoluted way to tie it to Cantha being released shortly.

Lol..it’s in the screenshot above. =P

Timing is everything.

On a side note, when did they start building beside the circus in Divinities Reach?

that has bin there from the start

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I doubt it’s the ‘bug’ or a glitch you guys are mentioning. In LA they would walk and line up from the little cave at the end of the “queue”. They also started circling the Mystic Forge. In Divinity’s Reach one was placed in the middle of a circle.
If someone would be using the bug we would’ve seen him place the golemns, but they just appeared or WALKED in from behind the scenes. Also i doubt its possible to place the golemns that specifically if you are just spamming a skill

If you would read the posts more carefully, it’s already been said (a few times) that it is a player or players doing this by using a glitch/bug with the toy golem summon. The golem is placed in a set location based on your character’s location, so it’s easy to place them in specific places.

Posted by: rebelkhaotic.7329

rebelkhaotic.7329

What if, even if it is a bug, Anet runs with this, they let us keep spamming this little guys everywhere. I mean tons of them, they never despawn and just sit there, waiting, watching, in all our favorite gathering places. Then one day, we log in, and BAM, all these little guys are going nuts with there little rifles (use engi skills or warrior skills or both) and are tearing these places apart, it’s all our fault, we gave them the foothold, created the numbers, and now the second golem uprising is upon us…

meyst.4639

If you would read the posts more carefully, it’s already been said (a few times) that it is a player or players doing this by using a glitch/bug with the toy golem summon. The golem is placed in a set location based on your character’s location, so it’s easy to place them in specific places.

I did read the previous posts, what I am trying to say is that: There was no sign of the player placing them, so it can’t be someone spamming the skill. I saw how they appeared on multiple occasions.
I think it is more likely that someone is just using the template/3D Model of these golemns and placing them via a program or something of the sort.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I did read the previous posts, what I am trying to say is that: There was no sign of the player placing them, so it can’t be someone spamming the skill. I saw how they appeared on multiple occasions.
I think it is more likely that someone is just using the template/3D Model of these golemns and placing them via a program or something of the sort.

Not even this post?

Apparently there is a trick to making them persist and follow like a mini. They don’t despawn even if the summoner logs out. I met a fellow in DR who said so, anyway, and he had summoned a conga line of them, but he would not divulge the trick due to the lack of despawn. For that I salute him, and I hope he reports it as a bug.

Or this one?

They are in Edge of the mists too and i even saw someone with 10 of them following him … really misterious

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

We just saw a golem army invasion in Heart of the Mists!

Was funny though lol

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Well, I saw it personally, first-hand, in a few places yesterday. Now, I didn’t see the massive conga line of them that someone posted; that one could be someone just messing with photo manipulation. But it is very possible to create the golem, have the model persist in the world, and then create another (especially if you have multiple people doing it, since the cooldown is a bit long).

Edit: Plus, now there’s video of it. :p

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Illuminati comfirmed

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Well, I saw it personally, first-hand, in a few places yesterday. Now, I didn’t see the massive conga line of them that someone posted; that one could be someone just messing with photo manipulation. But it is very possible to create the golem, have the model persist in the world, and then create another (especially if you have multiple people doing it, since the cooldown is a bit long).

Edit: Plus, now there’s video of it. :p

If you mean my screenshot – it really is a screenshot and there really was this line in LA today – I didn’t alter anything.

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

These things are annoying with their sounds and animations when there are hundreds of them……I’ve been reporting people for spamming when I see them running around doing this. Anet needs to fix it.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Saw them today in la near mystic forge ( they looked like they are forging something) three of them. But i tought somebody has some wierd tonic that i missed that spawns them idunno.

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

a secret arrow?

Attachments:

meyst.4639

Heh well, I was thinking of those posts as talking about a different matter. I was referring to the extremely long line of golemns in Lion’s Arch which was definitly not done using the glitch because the golemns walked out of the cave alone, stopping at the end of the line.
The rest (like the mass in Heart of the Mists) may be just players inspired by the original occurrence that now utilize the glitch mentioned. I don’t know about the latter, however.

EDIT
I saw the lane of golemns personally and can confirm that this indeed happened ^^ The lane even GREW over time, until the Golemns circled the mystic forge in a guard like manner. That is what I meant in my original posts.

(edited by meyst.4639)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Sigh, as soon as it was revealed on here I made a point of reminding players to NOT put these is the more persistent maps like Cities. Luckily with the mega server, instances still have a life cycle. Still… please put them somewhere else? Any map with a short lifespan won’t annoy players too much.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Heh well, I was thinking of those posts as talking about a different matter. I was referring to the extremely long line of golemns in Lion’s Arch which was definitly not done using the glitch because the golemns walked out of the cave alone, stopping at the end of the line.
The rest (like the mass in Heart of the Mists) may be just players inspired by the original occurrence that now utilize the glitch mentioned. I don’t know about the latter, however.

EDIT
I saw the lane of golemns personally and can confirm that this indeed happened ^^ The lane even GREW over time, until the Golemns circled the mystic forge in a guard like manner. That is what I meant in my original posts.

You have just most likely failed to notice the person those golems were following after.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ithinkimhaunted.7412

ithinkimhaunted.7412

EDIT

You were clearly high when you “saw” this.

Posted by: emullins.7369

emullins.7369

This bug sounds a lot like the old Ogre Whistle bug. Before the break in the item, it was discovered that if you summoned an Ogre Pet, map out, and have another player rez the dead pet ally, it would add a permanent version of the pet to the map. I’d added many pets to Shamore, outside of Divinity’s Reach in Queensdale after reporting the bug to GW2 Devs. [Another set was hidden in Plains of Ashford in a hidden area but were later removed as well… my menagerie.)

It was later that the whistles were limited to 1 pet active total, you were no longer able to rez the pet, and the whistle was changed from a recharge of 10 seconds to 3 minutes to prevent it from being exploited again. I got a Christmas card from Arena.net that year. It was great.

~Sacred Was Eldaron

Attachments:

Sacred Was Eldaron
emullins.7369

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

a secret arrow?

Dat chatrage.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Golem Uprising v2.0 ?
Didn’t we had something when Taimi got trapped at Dry Top?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Malve.1260

Malve.1260

Last night I saw these toy golems in Black Citadel near the waypoint Diessa Gate. Unfortunately I did not take a picture. Today I can’t find them there.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yes, the golems seemed to have disappeared.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Dear Arenanet:

THis is how to tease content.

Love from
Players

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

lordkrall.7241

Dear Arenanet:

THis is how to tease content.

Love from
Players

They have done things like this before. As early as a few months after release infact.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

…except it wasn’t arenanet. I don’t get why people keep claiming it was devs when the origin of the golems is known.

It’s just like the Wraith Attack day in gw1.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

I almost sure we get SAB in April,those golems look like they are from part 3(part 3 give red SAB skins)

lordkrall.7241

…except it wasn’t arenanet. I don’t get why people keep claiming it was devs when the origin of the golems is known.

It’s just like the Wraith Attack day in gw1.

I suppose I should have been clearer.

I talked about ArenaNet having done stuff like this before, not that they are doing this.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

There you go, a pic….

Attachments:

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

This just screams SAB to me Simple textures, solid colors, floating parts. Super Adventure Box breaking in for spring. First day of Spring is march 20th. So that would be approximately 4 weeks from now

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

(edited by Chuck.8196)

Posted by: Sylaves.8132

Sylaves.8132

So I guess we really bow down to our new Golem Overlords:

Attachments: