Omnomberry pie: long overdue change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

umm wow do we really need this. Full knights armor is not gonna help, yea you may survive like 10 secs longer in a boss fight vs a full zerker with supierior rune of the guardian, but really it sucks cause you just messed up dungeons for alot of people i bet there won’t be as many dungeons no more lol anyways things are meant to be killed fast not in a long time there is people that only does 1 hr a day and thats not enough time to even find a group sometimes

Full Knights vs Berserkers isn’t as much as people claim it is, its the Damage Reduction Signets and Protection that really help.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

I am very happy with this change and with the spy kit fix also…

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

I’d say the did nerf the wrong build. But that would be admitting a build was nerfed, which it wasn’t. A consumeable that allowed a gimmick to exist got nerfed. Not an entire build. A Good Zerker can still do work post patch, they just aren’t as durable.

What are you saying? It allowed a gimmick to exist, but no it still exists and isn’t a gimmick? Double-speak more please.

For the record, Soliders gear + runes is blatantly broken for warrior combined with shout heal.

That isnt to say there aren’t more broken things. Running a Killshot warrior is equally as broken. 1200 range snare followed up by a 20k+ crit ? Yep balanced.

Running a shouts heal condi warrior with Sword / Axe + Shamans Gear … Equally as comical and Just as broken. Always heal never die, watch your target burn / bleed constantly.

But its okay everyone keep thinking there’s only 1 viable build, and arena net just nerfed your only options!

Ohwait…. they didn’t.

Nice… you keep talking about shout-heal in different forms. Oh and killshot is not a dungeon build… that is where there is concern.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’d say the did nerf the wrong build. But that would be admitting a build was nerfed, which it wasn’t. A consumeable that allowed a gimmick to exist got nerfed. Not an entire build. A Good Zerker can still do work post patch, they just aren’t as durable.

What are you saying? It allowed a gimmick to exist, but no it still exists and isn’t a gimmick? Double-speak more please.

For the record, Soliders gear + runes is blatantly broken for warrior combined with shout heal.

That isnt to say there aren’t more broken things. Running a Killshot warrior is equally as broken. 1200 range snare followed up by a 20k+ crit ? Yep balanced.

Running a shouts heal condi warrior with Sword / Axe + Shamans Gear … Equally as comical and Just as broken. Always heal never die, watch your target burn / bleed constantly.

But its okay everyone keep thinking there’s only 1 viable build, and arena net just nerfed your only options!

Ohwait…. they didn’t.

Nice… you keep talking about shout-heal in different forms. Oh and killshot is not a dungeon build… that is where there is concern.

Okay, so you admit multiple viable builds, you just dont like taking killshot to dungeons ?

Sounds like a user problem to me. I’ve personally used Killshot in dungeons with no issues. It works just fine.

Running a Condi warrior in dungeons suddenly isn’t viable ? Guess you cant replace your utility skills and traits to be less defensive … oh wait i just said you could if you build around that fact.

Again comes down to your QQ and inability to adapt.

Considering you all like to talk about how meta it is to have 4 warriors and a mesmer… you all really aren’t optimizing your damage output if you have 4 raw dps and 1 support when you could have 3 raw dps warriors, 1 condi, and 1 support. Things would burn even faster.

But its okay keep doing your metasheeping mindsets.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

There are other builds that are viable. I don’t think that anyone is saying that there aren’t. However, Arenanet developers admitted last month that a big problem with the game right now is that there are too few end game viable builds for all the professions. Some professions are worse than others, but all around the choices just aren’t there.

If lack of build variety is a problem, wouldn’t it make sense to offer an appropriate survivability boost for builds that are no longer viable after a big nerf? The food was a bit OP’d with one build, but there were at least two other high crit WAR builds that relied on the food not to be OP’d, but to just be viable.

So, now the number of WAR builds viable for end game content is greatly reduced, putting us in the same category as other professions with only two or three cookie cutter builds to chose from.

I re-geared to a high toughness, high power healing, cleansing shout build and did just fine in FotM tonight. I actually felt I had better survivability than with my crit-heal-food S/W build, with only a modest drop off in DPS. The new build is less fun, with much more time having to be spent at range.

Maybe Arenanet will rework the profession so we can melee tank better and no one will miss the dependence on expensive food to accomplish this. In the mean time, there is even less build diversity as a result of a nerf that wasn’t accompanied by any other changes to establish a new balance to the Warrior meta.

(edited by Fiontar.4695)

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

The problem is that they have offered no offset and have thus eliminated a number of builds from the list of “end game viable”, which for many professions was already a very short list. This problem has been acknowledged by the developers, with the admission that they want at least 5-6 viable builds for each profession, but many are currently stuck with one or two. You can now scratch at least one “end game viable” build from each profession with this change, maybe more.

This is the kind of nerf that always irks me the most from MMO developers. Looking at the heal on crit food effect in isolation, it may have been obviously disproportional in it’s impact on the game. However, when taken in context with the greater whole, it had just become an “unintended” FIX for an aspect of the game that was clearly BROKEN, which was variety of end game viable builds.

So, yay to the developers, you managed to snatch some very low hanging fruit, while making the game the worse for it by pushing the change with out the needed fixes to professions that would have made the food effect redundant.

How strange… I simply have a build on my mesmer I threw together to be balanced and there’s no end game content I can’t handle, including WvW. Oh… never used Omnomberry pie either.

Your sarcasm fails. He didn’t mention a specific class or build nor did he generalize that all builds would get affected. If my reading comprehension is correct, he did say that <b>a number of builds will be affected</b>. So before you go throwing sarcasm on other people, make sure you’ve understood what they were trying to say else your sarcasm gets back on you.

Fortuna.7259

Okay, so you admit multiple viable builds, you just dont like taking killshot to dungeons ?

Sounds like a user problem to me. I’ve personally used Killshot in dungeons with no issues. It works just fine.

Coming from a person that considers a healing build to out-DPS a DPS build when played by a good player, this means nothing to me. I know a rifle isn’t going to do much in a high level fractal with dredge spawning all over. And killshot is going to be pretty fun in that mess – I suppose you have perma-stability?

Running a Condi warrior in dungeons suddenly isn’t viable ? Guess you cant replace your utility skills and traits to be less defensive … oh wait i just said you could if you build around that fact.

Condition builds in dungeons are limited to stacking 25 bleeds… meaning a Warrior that goes condition is just going to butt heads with someone else. Besides you were talking about heal-shout again… yeah we know you can do that.

Considering you all like to talk about how meta it is to have 4 warriors and a mesmer… you all really aren’t optimizing your damage output if you have 4 raw dps and 1 support when you could have 3 raw dps warriors, 1 condi, and 1 support. Things would burn even faster.

Sorry, how exactly is a single mention of 4 warrior/1 mesmer translated into “all I like to talk about”?

Do keep up with your personal attacks to hide your lack of productive things to say. Ironic that you put people down about having metasheeping mindsets when you go on and on about the heal-shout meta.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

TexZero.7910

Coming from a person that considers a healing build to out-DPS a DPS build when played by a good player, this means nothing to me. I know a rifle isn’t going to do much in a high level fractal with dredge spawning all over. And killshot is going to be pretty fun in that mess – I suppose you have perma-stability?

Condition builds in dungeons are limited to stacking 25 bleeds… meaning a Warrior that goes condition is just going to butt heads with someone else. Besides you were talking about heal-shout again… yeah we know you can do that.

Sorry, how exactly is a single mention of 4 warrior/1 mesmer translated into “all I like to talk about”?

Do keep up with your personal attacks to hide your lack of productive things to say. Ironic that you put people down about having metasheeping mindsets when you go on and on about the heal-shout meta.

Heal shout works
Other builds work

Shockingly this is what i’ve been saying.

You asked if heal shout is currently OP, i said yes.
You then go on to talk about 4 warrior 1 mes… last i checked 4 zerker warriors + 1 mes doesnt = bleed fest.
Also Burning… Warriors can do it just fine.

There’s plenty of viable warrior builds you and your little buddy are just too set up in 1 build to rule them all mindset to do them all.

As for high level fractal runs, yes it does work. All it takes is 1 guardian oh shocking its not a mesmer… to ball them while you snipe from the back lines piercing everything.

But its okay, keep on throwing out your baseless talk about how you played a zerker and a shout heal and couldn’t realize that shout heal lives longer than zerker thus significantly out DPS’s them. Here’s a hint for you, Dead people deal no DPS. Zerkers die fast you do the math on how that works.

Posted by: AoshiZ.7425

AoshiZ.7425

Just FYI, Robert Hrouda.1327 a developer said the cooldown was 1 second. His quote is somewhere in this thread as well. The wiki also reflects 1 second although i know that can be wrong. Just posting this info because it took me forever to verify.

Aoshi Z, Aos Z, Rad Z, Zaoshi Z
Eradon Terrace

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

God kitten it!
They just made this food (with reactive heal) is COMPLETELLY useless.

1 sec cooldown = 330 HP per second. LOL, just LOL. Who will need it anymore? Noone, sure.
Before the patch you have a chance to recieve more than that per hit (hits faster or AOE - doesnt matter), but if someone will focus you - you will die anyway coz incoming DPS very often was more than 4-5k even with 3200 TOU.
Now - this food is useless, 330 HP/sec - just lol.

As I’ve said earlier - they just ruins their own game, they are ruins WvW completely.
g00d work, ANET, go on, more patches for the carebears, who even didnt have a money to buy the same food
:facepalm:

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

They should removed the item from gw2 for good now, i dont see any difference between nerfing or removing. Now its nerfed, i dont see the point buying this item anymore.

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

Posted by: chtiyonki.6284

chtiyonki.6284

Not, my opinion, just info.

Just to be clear, Omnomberry Ghost/Pie wasn’t only regenerating you of 330 Health but also doing 330 damages to the opponent making a gap of 660 Health between you and him.
If you have an attack critting for 2k, you add 330, it’s a 16.5% boost to you crits damages. For a 6k crit it was still a 5.5% boost.
Was allowing some classes to keep high DPS while speccing defense.

An other exemple. You have regen boon on you, healing you for 150 Health/sec. On a single target if you manage to crit him every 2s, so it’s a boost of 110% to your regen (the condition is to keep attacking ofc). If you crit every 5s, it’s still a boost of 44%.

This food was really efficient for some classes/specs. But this food nerf is pretty much about AoE or Attacks doing multiples damages.

SilverWF.4789

Just to be clear, Omnomberry Ghost/Pie wasn’t only regenerating you of 330 Health but also doing 330 damages to the opponent making a gap of 660 Health between you and him.

Any proofs of this?

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Any proofs of this?

Isn’t that how life steal works?

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Any proofs of this?

Yes. The life has to come from somewhere, after all.

Coulda just removed the stealing part but…

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

The problem is that they have offered no offset and have thus eliminated a number of builds from the list of “end game viable”, which for many professions was already a very short list. This problem has been acknowledged by the developers, with the admission that they want at least 5-6 viable builds for each profession, but many are currently stuck with one or two. You can now scratch at least one “end game viable” build from each profession with this change, maybe more.

This is the kind of nerf that always irks me the most from MMO developers. Looking at the heal on crit food effect in isolation, it may have been obviously disproportional in it’s impact on the game. However, when taken in context with the greater whole, it had just become an “unintended” FIX for an aspect of the game that was clearly BROKEN, which was variety of end game viable builds.

So, yay to the developers, you managed to snatch some very low hanging fruit, while making the game the worse for it by pushing the change with out the needed fixes to professions that would have made the food effect redundant.

How strange… I simply have a build on my mesmer I threw together to be balanced and there’s no end game content I can’t handle, including WvW. Oh… never used Omnomberry pie either.

Quiet MESMER. Classes that actually need to worry about survivability are talking here. lol

……Mesmers

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

SilverWF.4789

Any proofs of this?

I think not. It takes part of the ALREADY done crit.hit – no extra hits.

Anyway, I,ve never seen any “extra” numbers from my targets

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

GW2 Wiki

Life stealing is an action which drains a fixed amount of health from a target and adds it to the attacker’s health. It should not be confused with stealing life force.

[…]

Deals additional, fixed damage equal to the amount of health stolen, independent from the damage of the attack that triggers it. Damage inflicted will not be shown as a floating number or in combat logs, and is not affected by damage boosts or armor.

(edited by Moderator)

SilverWF.4789

Arimahn.3568, kk, I c, ty...

So, omnomberry pie nerf is double nerf, and freaking incredible nerf for the Engineers.

Anet, why just not delete the Engineer class? Why you always, every patch nerfing us and upping already IMBA-classes (Elem, Warrior, Thief, Guard)???

Daecollo.9578

Warrior got nerfed the most from this, they actually “need” to be in melee, now they will just have to “Shut it” and “Learn to play” and put 30 points into the vitality tree or pick up a rifle to be viable.

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

just one thing they did not think about when patching this – the food will be 100% useless like so many other patched things.

Well you still get an exp bonus from kills plus an effect so it’s not totally useless. ;P

Elyl Jrend

Daecollo.9578

just one thing they did not think about when patching this – the food will be 100% useless like so many other patched things.

Well you still get an exp bonus from kills plus an effect so it’s not totally useless. ;P

I love the way you think

Posted by: safeforsure.2517

safeforsure.2517

Serious somuch tears. Warrior is fine and guardian not viable without the pies is just rofl. This food had to be buffed and glad they did.

Daecollo.9578

Serious somuch tears. Warrior is fine and guardian not viable without the pies is just rofl. This food had to be buffed and glad they did.

Yes, we should all learn our lesson and roll guardian.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

What bothers me is this: this removed a lot of Warrior survivability. Where is our increased tankyness to compensate? Even Warriors who do not go all ’zerker are relying on Pies/Ghosts to survive.

Good now that decreases warrior dps as you have to build into a more balanced build so you get rolled in groups which might decrease alot of the looking for warrior only crowd when they realize they cant stack pure zerker gear in a pure dps trait setup and just use food to make up for their lack of survivability. welcome to what every other profession has to deal with…. balancing their builds around things other than dps lol.

Daecollo.9578

What bothers me is this: this removed a lot of Warrior survivability. Where is our increased tankyness to compensate? Even Warriors who do not go all ’zerker are relying on Pies/Ghosts to survive.

Good now that decreases warrior dps as you have to build into a more balanced build so you get rolled in groups which might decrease alot of the looking for warrior only crowd when they realize they cant stack pure zerker gear in a pure dps trait setup and just use food to make up for their lack of survivability. welcome to what every other profession has to deal with…. balancing their builds around things other than dps lol.

Or you can just roll Guardian and DPS/Heal/Do everything like normal, since they’re attacks are slow anyways they didn’t really benefit much from the food as warriors did, they also have a ton of heals built in, fun fun

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

This ridiculously expensive food was the only thing that kept me -close- to on par with guardian while still not being nearly as good at tanking with my tank build.

Can I have your stuff?

Also, why weren’t you a Guardian if they’re all super awesome immortal lolpwnwin machines?

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Or you can just roll Guardian and DPS/Heal/Do everything like normal, since they’re attacks are slow anyways they didn’t really benefit much from the food as warriors did, they also have a ton of heals built in, fun fun

Well that’s what I am saying, what made warriors op is the fact that they could build 100% offensively and not suffer any consequences based on crit heal food, now that that’s gone going 100% offensive is going to get a lot of warriors killed when they jump into a pack of mobs and start hacking away like they used to and realize they aren’t healing lol, Heavy armor + best dps in game + highest crit levels compared to most professions + healing food based on crit…. ya it was only a matter of time before the food got nerfed.

Guards are much more fun to play anyways

Daecollo.9578

Well that’s what I am saying, what made warriors op is the fact that they could build 100% offensively and not suffer any consequences based on crit heal food, now that that’s gone going 100% offensive is going to get a lot of warriors killed when they jump into a pack of mobs and start hacking away like they used to and realize they aren’t healing lol, Heavy armor + best dps in game + highest crit levels compared to most professions + healing food based on crit…. ya it was only a matter of time before the food got nerfed.

Guards are much more fun to play anyways

This hit Knight’s Harder then Berserkers.

Fortuna.7259

You asked if heal shout is currently OP, i said yes.
You then go on to talk about 4 warrior 1 mes… last i checked 4 zerker warriors + 1 mes doesnt = bleed fest.
Also Burning… Warriors can do it just fine.

Oh wow. I mentioned 4 war 1 mes in a sentence and suddenly you are defending your whole build based on if it is ok in that situation. Also if you are suggesting BURNING as a serious source of DPS for killing dungeon bosses then I hope I’m never in your party.

As for high level fractal runs, yes it does work. All it takes is 1 guardian oh shocking its not a mesmer… to ball them while you snipe from the back lines piercing everything.

Guardian is one of my favorite classes, but you are probably too busy being stuck in your fantasy of me being stuck on 4 war 1 mes to even hear. BTW being dependent on a 30 second cooldown from another build is very limiting to say the least. But, your kill shot took 10% off those vets so I’m sure that changes everything. As for me, if I have that level of coordination with a guardian I would use it to deliver a kill shot of damage every few seconds.

But its okay, keep on throwing out your baseless talk about how you played a zerker and a shout heal and couldn’t realize that shout heal lives longer than zerker thus significantly out DPS’s them. Here’s a hint for you, Dead people deal no DPS. Zerkers die fast you do the math on how that works.

Yes, it is totally baseless that I have played both and know from first hand experience. Completely baseless.

Zerkers don’t have to “die fast”… you even said they can be played without the food buff (to try to win one of your points). But then apparently they all just die – no DPS for your other point. Just more double speak.

Again, as I have said, the food nerf is not without repercussions… and those repercussions are not limited to the people donating the food items for the good of their party.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

It was far and away the best food, making the rest almost irrelevant for a lot of builds and professions. Needed a strong nerf, took too long, and still pretty good.

Daecollo.9578

It was far and away the best food, making the rest almost irrelevant for a lot of builds and professions. Needed a strong nerf, took too long, and still pretty good.

Not well thought out nerfs without compensation to the builds is a hard nerf. – basicly it was done prematurely without any thought or reason.

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Not well thought out nerfs without compensation to the builds is a hard nerf. – basicly it was done prematurely without any thought or reason.

Mostly it needed a nerf for WvW, it pretty much made crit builds into healing classes and was laughably imbalanced. If people needed it as a crutch to get through dungeons, you can be sure that was not how Anet intended encounters to be beaten.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Warriors can’t survive now? Really?

I believe that is an overstatement and maybe a certain niche of warriors (full zerker warriors) will have a harder time surviving but certainly not all warriors as a whole.

Yes, yes we will. Warrior sustain is horrible. Getting hit by random cleave from melee mobs will be a lot worse.

I guess warriors have to all go rifle now, Melee will be horrible without the sustain they had before.

Or they could….you know….wear some toughness gear. Guess us Guardians will just have to carry warriors more than ever. (Note, Sarcasm meters should be blowing up now.)

I’m wearing Knight’s.

All the Toughness/Vitality in the world will not help you as a Warrior because you do not have the awesome sustain of a Guardian.

I thought the idea was to try and avoid damage, not sustain it. Maybe I have it wrong…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Nerf? The fact that most on crit food items had no internal cooldown was clearly not intended. Look at on crit sigils and character traits. Do any of them not have an internal cooldown?

It wasn’t just your precious pies. Do you know how much might you could stack with ghost pepper poppers during the day? You could keep a group of enemies permanently chilled at night.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

VOLKON.1290

Quiet MESMER. Classes that actually need to worry about survivability are talking here. lol

……Mesmers

Hey! I’m squishie! Go ahead, take a swing! … no… that was a clone… over here… no, missed again… this one…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Theorick.2713

Theorick.2713

Well, lets pop those spy kits in protest. Either everyone runs defensive builds and has viability or they will be picking themselves off the ground alot until we get attention.

I’d love this to be an organized protest. No food nerf until we have natural sustain in our class on par with other peoples sustain. We are melee, and some of the ranged ones can out sustain us by more than 5×.

Tank for those squishies until 25-50% then let the mobs kill them. I’d like them to miss the good old days. It probably won’t work against the bunker builds but hey, you can try.

Agree with this post, and your previous one.

In dungeons food allowed me to load FT and take the heat off the group and do what they needed to do to continue fighting; allowed me to bring some ‘tank’ to the group. Seeing as how the Devs bang on about breaking the trinity, allowing all classes to bring dps/heals/tank to the table this pretty much rules out my engi tanking…and no way I’d be using the FT in a dungeon now; draws too much aggro and the Devs nerf without compensating any of the game’s flaws.

I’m sure I could find an alternative turret/elixir/grenade build but I’ve no interest in in a ranged or dps class; the change has limited diversity of builds.

As for people saying it’s a bug/gimmick it’s not. The food does exactly what the tooltip says, nothing more. The skills that have multiple attacks also do exactly what they say on the tooltip. There is no unforeseen consequence in using a multiple attack with that food.

The Devs have had 10(?) years to prepare this game, and in that time not one Dev raised concerns on this, or foresaw how it would play out? Rubbish, I don’t now why the change came in, but imo it has nothing to do with balance concerns.

What i do hear from players is “buy new gear, buy new sigils/runes” etc etc. If I wore a tin-hat I’d wonder if this wasn’t just one change implemented as a gold sink.

VOLKON.1290

Wouldn’t a build dependent on a consumable be the problem in the first place?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Not to sound harsh, but you can tell the warriors in this thread who play smart and those who think they should be invincible. Too often do I see warriors standing in the middle of 8 or 10 mobs, just getting hammered while they hack away. Not playing a warrior myself, I’ve often wondered how because I know if my necro did that I’d die in about 2.5 seconds. I might have lots of HP, but I’m very squishy and HAVE to constantly dodge and keep moving or I die.

Probably the same group who constantly complain AOE is too strong in WvW. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen people, again, mostly warriors, in WvW who don’t dodge out of red rings or can’t be bothered to go around necro marks. Stupid!!

Daecollo.9578

Not to sound harsh, but you can tell the warriors in this thread who play smart and those who think they should be invincible. Too often do I see warriors standing in the middle of 8 or 10 mobs, just getting hammered while they hack away. Not playing a warrior myself, I’ve often wondered how because I know if my necro did that I’d die in about 2.5 seconds. I might have lots of HP, but I’m very squishy and HAVE to constantly dodge and keep moving or I die.

Probably the same group who constantly complain AOE is too strong in WvW. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen people, again, mostly warriors, in WvW who don’t dodge out of red rings or can’t be bothered to go around necro marks. Stupid!!

Warriors don’t have nearly the dodge other classes have, so that assumption is very unfair.

TexZero.7910

Yes, it is totally baseless that I have played both and know from first hand experience. Completely baseless.

Zerkers don’t have to “die fast”… you even said they can be played without the food buff (to try to win one of your points). But then apparently they all just die – no DPS for your other point. Just more double speak.

Again, as I have said, the food nerf is not without repercussions… and those repercussions are not limited to the people donating the food items for the good of their party.

You’re right i did say they can. The bad warriors complaining that this is a nerf, can’t. It’s that simple. A good Zerker can survive and they dont go “LAWL Whirlwind into danger, Hundred Blades, Die”

Those complaining this is a nerf ARENT GOOD WARRIORS.

Done addressing the sheer amount of herpderping in this thread though, may your tears do something productive.

Posted by: Krogan Battlemaster.9634

Krogan Battlemaster.9634

I believe that is an overstatement and maybe a certain niche of warriors (full zerker warriors) will have a harder time surviving but certainly not all warriors as a whole.

Yes, yes we will. Warrior sustain is horrible. Getting hit by random cleave from melee mobs will be a lot worse.

I guess warriors have to all go rifle now, Melee will be horrible without the sustain they had before.

Or they could….you know….wear some toughness gear. Guess us Guardians will just have to carry warriors more than ever. (Note, Sarcasm meters should be blowing up now.)

I’m wearing Knight’s.

All the Toughness/Vitality in the world will not help you as a Warrior because you do not have the awesome sustain of a Guardian.

If you are having problems staying alive as a Warrior, then you fail. I can main tank, pull groups of mobs, etc. without any food on me what so ever. I do use food in dungeons, if I can remember to bring it. But it’s in no way “required” and I can do my job as main tank as well if not more than a guardian can.

Daecollo.9578

I’m wearing Knight’s.

If you are having problems staying alive as a Warrior, then you fail. I can main tank, pull groups of mobs, etc. without any food on me what so ever. I do use food in dungeons, if I can remember to bring it. But it’s in no way “required” and I can do my job as main tank as well if not more than a guardian can.

That is not possible, you don’t have any access to any boons, the only way you can do that is if there IS a guardian with you giving you those boons.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

Being able to get big heals from well-placed multi-hit attacks was fun. I don’t care about what was intended, the game is less fun now. I think it would’ve been fine to nerf it in WvW because it’s a competitive setting, but I don’t see this change improving PVE.

(edited by voidwater.2064)

Posted by: Krogan Battlemaster.9634

Krogan Battlemaster.9634

I’m wearing Knight’s.

That is not possible, you don’t have any access to any boons, the only way you can do that is if there IS a guardian with you giving you those boons.

All I need is a good healer at my back. My Dolyak runes, Knight’s Armor, Hammer knock downs, and great movement are enough to keep me alive through any fight I have come across. And we have 3 manned AC with me on my warrior.

TexZero.7910

No, You cant do it.
Stop mistaking your bad playing for that of someone whose obviously more skilled than you.

You never will be able to do it till you actually stop complaining and go learn to play without gimmicks.

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

There are no tanks in this game, stop taking axes to the face and lern2move.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: LyzeUH.1398

LyzeUH.1398

How is it possible that GC warriors can suddenly become unviable w/o lifesteal food when this entire time I’ve been melee’ing stuff on my thief W/O any food….? How can my thief who is squishier, manage to survive but a warrior who is naturally tankier than me cannot…?

Daecollo.9578

How is it possible that GC warriors can suddenly become unviable w/o lifesteal food when this entire time I’ve been melee’ing stuff on my thief W/O any food….? How can my thief who is squishier, manage to survive but a warrior who is naturally tankier than me cannot…?

The difference in medium/heavy armor is less then 5% in damage reduction is why.

Posted by: LyzeUH.1398

LyzeUH.1398

The difference in medium/heavy armor is less then 5% in damage reduction is why.

Warriors naturally have higher base HP than thieves, but fact remains…I melee, warrior melee, why can’t warrior survive but thief can…?
And you run what? Knight gear? Well I run Berserker gear…