Magic Find [merged]

Magic Find [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Oh look… another thread complaining about an issue that doesn’t even exist… Must be the day for that…

You will be compensated. You don’t know when the change is happening. You still may have months and months to use your current item before the changes happen.

Did I mention they already said you will be compensated?

That doesn’t really help them out if they don’t know what they’re being compensated with yet.

As for now, I don’t think there is any harm in people/us throwing out their/our opinions or feelings on the subject before anet starts implementing the new MF system.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Magic Find gear was horrible to begin with to have on gear, it punishes yourself and the ones around you if you decide to join dungeons.

Gaining Magic Find through bonuses from achievements and as potions from salvage and drops is great.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I love the change. However I don’t like the idea that my Warrior’s MF gear with it’s ~150% MF (without food buff) will be gone. Not that I spend a lot of time farming but when I need mats this character is guaranteed to get me ~10 T6 in an hour.
I too spent the laurels on the amulet and the MF infusion only recently. When they do implement the change, I won’t want a second set of gear, just a refund of laurels and some compensation for the loss of the stat on the gear & runes. Maybe a decent boost in account MF sort of exchange.
I wouldn’t want to be Anet trying to figure out how to please all their customers who have invested a lot of time and currency into MF gear.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

If you’ve followed MF in other games you will have noticed that it always causes problems in games with the potential for group play.

It exists as a tradeoff to increase the chance of reward by lowering the number of effective stats you carry. You can simplify by saying you reduce your effectiveness for a chance at greater reward. This is kinda dumb on the face of it, but at least workable in single player games. When there is the possibility of group play now you have individuals who contribute less to group effectiveness (through MF gear) receiving greater reward. More reward for less contribution. This will always be a problem and always is a problem.

So, how have games tried to fix it? Usually by trying to share MF in some way. But now you have the same problem stated from the obverse, "I’ve invested in all this MF, why should others get the benefit of it?. And, they would be right, it’s not fair.

After trying everything, most games (cf paragon levels in D3) simply remove it from gear. Moving it into character stats is a step in this direction. Personally, having the gaming experience I have, I would never have introduced MF in a multi-player game. But, MF bonuses on the character sheet make more sense than having it on gear.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

MF gear is a detriment to everyone you group with. Its selfish and it doesnt help that much, its still dependant on RNG. Its a good decision by Anet.

Irrelevant if you don’t use it in groups, or just don’t party at all. Also irrelevant if the group as a whole uses MF, or simply doesn’t care.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i for example i’m happy to get rid of my magic find source as i got tired of switching gear between pve and istances.
everybody will have their bonus and we will all be happy, i need to say i’m quite excited by all the innovation this game will put us through, i’m happy with all i read so far in the blog

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m not going to start this whole discussion about the evils of MF again.

MF for solo farming hurts no one. Everyone’s argument about it being selfish to a group is irrelevant in solo play.

I can claim any stat that does not fit my idea of an ideal build is selfish. It is pretty well known by now, if you aren’t a zerker warrior in a dungeon you are hindering your group in some fashion. And by a lot of people’s logic, being very selfish.

It’s very narrow minded of them to get rid of MF when there are tons of other stats and abilities that are pretty useless. Should we even talk about condition builds and their problems? Might as well get rid of conditions too.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

There was no good proof that it worked to begin with so taking it off the gear is a step in the right direction as it pretty much was a waste.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Magic find gear was cancer to this game, the decision to remove it is the single greatest thing ArenaNet have ever done.

Magic Find [merged]

Mad Rasputin.7809

Berserker gear is the real cancer to the game and removing it will be the single greatest thing ArenaNet will ever do.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Berserker gear is the real cancer to the game and removing it will be the single greatest thing ArenaNet will ever do.

Why? Too scared to use the best PvE gear in the game?

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

MF for solo farming hurts no one. Everyone’s argument about it being selfish to a group is irrelevant in solo play.

I can claim any stat that does not fit my idea of an ideal build is selfish. It is pretty well known by now, if you aren’t a zerker warrior in a dungeon you are hindering your group in some fashion. And by a lot of people’s logic, being very selfish.

It’s very narrow minded of them to get rid of MF when there are tons of other stats and abilities that are pretty useless. Should we even talk about condition builds and their problems? Might as well get rid of conditions too.

In some situations being a zerker warrior could be the thing that hinders your group. If you find yourself in the downed state you’re not contributing much. It would be silly to compare magic find to other stats that aren’t power, precision, and crit. Having some survivability means less time in the downed state, less time wasted by your teammates reviving you, and overall more damage throughput. Toughness, vitality, healing power, condition damage, etc., while perceived as inferior, contribute something to the group. Magic find contributes nothing to the group whatsoever.

Magic Find [merged]

Mad Rasputin.7809

I have a set of zerk gear I use for dungeons.

But being that it IS widely considered the best gear in the game and thus deters everyone from using any other type of gear, it is the cancer.

It does just the opposite of promoting build diversity and helps influence the culture of this one build being the best. It isn’t MF gear that was the problem but all other gear. If you were not bringing zerker gear to the team then you were not bringing your best to the team.

Magic Find [merged]

Mad Rasputin.7809

In some situations being a zerker warrior could be the thing that hinders your group. If you find yourself in the downed state you’re not contributing much. It would be silly to compare magic find to other stats that aren’t power, precision, and crit. Having some survivability means less time in the downed state, less time wasted by your teammates reviving you, and overall more damage throughput. Toughness, vitality, healing power, condition damage, etc., while perceived as inferior, contribute something to the group. Magic find contributes nothing to the group whatsoever.

Sigh…. not to beat the dead horse that is MF, but once again MF for solo play does NOT affect anyone else.

Just because people feel it is very inferior in a group setting (which arguably, you could bring a more useful stat) does NOT mean the MF has no place in the entire game.

There is a VERY large part of this game that is not played in a ‘group’ setting.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

You mean to say my Dungeon leeching days are gonna be over?

So sad!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Why? Too scared to use the best PvE gear in the game?

Wohoo, we got a Bad-kittenhiney over here.
No, “MR. Bad-kittenhiney”, it´s because DPS is “always” king, making for very boring game play.

Polish > hype

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I assure you that my inability to manipulate the game controls as well as some others can plays a much larger role in my success or failure in combat in both PvE and WvW than the partial Magic Find I’ve chosen as a tradeoff between combat ability and MF bonus (~100% without temporary bonus) does.

I’m also almost certainly better off in my full exotic and ascended MF gear than a player still equipped with rares or even masterwork gear. If people weren’t obsessed with maximizing a single trait to the expense of all else, they might notice that there are optimums and points of diminishing returns between the extremes.

As for MF doing nothing, I find the +100% makes a significant enough difference that I stopped doing events with an alternate character until I built them a second set of exotic Magic Find armor and when I got myself up to 400% during the recent Southsun Cove loot train event set, it was even more noticeable while, for example, farming sharks. And, finally, plenty of people playing WvW complain about how few rares they get. In less than 2 months of WvW play, I’ve not only gotten quite a few rares but also an exotic while wearing gear with a +100% MF bonus.

But the bottom line is that right now, I get to choose how much MF I want as part of a tradeoff instead of it simply being a non-choice that improves with play.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

Magic Find [merged]

stof.9341

Wohoo, we got a Bad-kittenhiney over here.
No, “MR. Bad-kittenhiney”, it´s because DPS is “always” king, making for very boring game play.

Why? You’d rather have a tank, a healer and 3 DPS instead?

DPS is king because the only role to fill in this game is utilitarian DPS builds. You gear up for DPS and select utilities that fit the fight.

And that’s a good thing. What is boring gameplay?

- Oh look, that boss is throwing that attack, quick we need to step out of the circle/dodge/stun him/press those two buttons at once/use a reflect utility.

- Oh look, that boss is throwing that attack! Fortunately, with my set of immortality I’m like a rock that does not hurt, does not die, does not move, does not attack, does nothing in fact! I won’t die. But could you please hit the boss a little harder? We’ve been at it for 2 hours already.

I’ve made my choice. The trinity is out, DPS is the way to go.

Magic Find [merged]

zeromius.1604

Sigh…. not to beat the dead horse that is MF, but once again MF for solo play does NOT affect anyone else.

Just because people feel it is very inferior in a group setting (which arguably, you could bring a more useful stat) does NOT mean the MF has no place in the entire game.

There is a VERY large part of this game that is not played in a ‘group’ setting.

No, I agree that there is a lot of parts of the game you solo. However, consider that the open world isn’t really a solo experience. You have other players around for dynamic events. You still have WvW. You might argue that the world is devoid of players so it can be considered a solo experience in this regard. You can’t say that you won’t run into other players for group events and what not.

I digress. They could block or remove magic find gear from dungeons only and let you wear magic find elsewhere. The problem is this would just complicate things. You’re getting an account wide magic find boost, which in the long run will benefit people who have a lot of alts.

Let’s not even go into how some people are against magic find altogether. I think this is a good solution overall. You have two groups on opposite sides of the fence and ANet found a happy medium.

Magic Find [merged]

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m waiting for the day I log in and see that I have a message telling me to reroll my character.

As an Engineer, there is nothing that I bring to a group that another class can’t do better.

So why bring an engineer to a dungeon? It is just pure selfish of anyone to play one. The class should just be removed from the game.

Magic Find [merged]

Mad Rasputin.7809

And I’ve seen the account wide bonus’ that have come with the achievement chests. 3% MF after the 5000 point achievement chest.

If they think this is anything worth even mentioning without laughing then we are in trouble. I don’t foresee them giving us anywhere near the current achieveable levels of MF as an account wide bonus.

+50% MF account wide would even be laughable considering I get near 200% before food bonus’.

Magic Find [merged]

HawkMeister.4758

But the bottom line is that right now, I get to choose how much MF I want as part of a tradeoff instead of it simply being a non-choice that improves with play.

Pretty much this(& rest of this post).
Even for casuals it´s simply a must and ANet´s drive to kill it from the gear is to be loudly applauded.
As usual the next blog actually clarifying how they want to do, it can´t come soon enough.
IMHO useless to start complaining before that.

Polish > hype

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

<Rant>
What in the?!? What’s this I read about magic find becoming some sort of account bonus for accomplishments!?

I’ve abandoned several good games simply for having this kind of reward structure! It punishes new players in a way that cannot be made up with a simple gift of a box of armor, they have to work hard to get that magic find. It does nothing to reward skill and everything to reward long time players.

Ok. Deep breath.

With MF on the gear, I have a decision to make: Can I clear this game content with the penalty of using MF gear, or do I sacrifice drops for clearing the content. Absent some living story content and fractals levels starting at about 26, and the odd bit of dungeon content, I don’t need my ‘main’ gear to press forward successfully. I’m a skilled player. I tank Karka. Veteran abominations, on occasion some giganticus fellow in Arah who has some really nasty breath. I don’t credit my gear for this, I credit my ability. I use my ability to bring MF along and get better drops. Some items have even been announced to only drop if you bring MF. What’s this mean? Only the players who have played the game longer and farmed all the permament MF bonuses have any real chance at getting it.

With MF on the account and off the gear, the switch itself punishes newer players who have paid out cold hard gold for a second set of MF gear. The attitude moving the buff to the account presents is not one of ‘ability trumps all’ but ‘attendance trumps all’, an attitude I absolutely despise in games. I come to use my ability, to earn my rewards, not for handouts – handouts are not earned, so they have no value to me (zenith gear included. Yeah, it looks shiny, but I didn’t do anything specific to earn it, so I value it likewise)

Please Arena Net: I’ve never asked you for anything design wise, but I’m going to insist now.

• Drop the account wide buffs – they are a detriment to new players.

If you really want to reward longtime players, do it with titles, or skins obtained only by completing specific, sometimes difficult, content. Not as permament powerups for kitten showing up and killing ten rats.

I’m ok in a game without magic find. I’m not ok in a game that grants performance boosts of any kind to long-term players, PvE or PvP.
//Portable Corpse

</Rant>

This post here sums it up very well for me.

All those of you who are excited about account-wide, achievement-based MF boosts should read this.

“So you’re new, and don’t have any MF bonuses, nor any way to get them other than not being new? Sucks to be you…”

Magic Find [merged]

Berk.8561

Toughness, vitality, healing power, condition damage, etc., while perceived as inferior, contribute something to the group. Magic find contributes nothing to the group whatsoever.

At the end of the day, your ability to manipulate the game’s controls and use your character’s skills at the right time matter a lot more than the difference in ratings between MF and non-MF armor. When I go down, it’s generally because I’m doing a poor job of using my skills, moving, or managing resources and not because I could squeeze another 250 hit points out of my gear without MF.

But I also want to add that I actually want all of my friends to wear MF armor in dungeons, too. Why? I got the drop I needed to create my quiver on my second set of fractals. So maybe you can do 10 sets of fractals in the time it takes a group with MF gear to do 3, but if they get better loot than you do in fewer dungeons, how is that benefitting any of you?

Magic Find [merged]

zeromius.1604

It does seem that magic find as a result will be scaled down. Maybe they’re trying to balance things out. Do we really want the good stuff dropping like the rain? Yeah, from a selfish point of view I think we’d all say yes. But then you’d have to look at the economy overall.

You also have to consider the different avenues in which you can receive rewards being added to the game. The previous patches have increased the availability of rares so that they’re not really as rare as they used to be. You have guild missions, group events, etc. that now guarantee rare loot. Dungeons also have a higher chance of dropping rares. Now they’re going to make champions drop guaranteed rares. It’s a good thing but all this needs to be balanced out.

Let’s think about it this way. You get guaranteed rares from doing time consuming content. This actually renders magic find obsolete unless you’re just going around farming random enemies.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

I believe the “via item” statement was ment as a way to sell new, permanent Boosters. Oh Hello again, Gemstore. If that ’s true, it ’s even worse then ASC gear ….

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Informality.1279

Informality.1279

I was just reading the Looking Ahead post and noticed that wonderful little bit about removing magic find from gear….

I. Do. Not. Like.

At all.

I spent a lot of hard earned gold and laurels on a set of magic find gear and accessories in order to pick up better items while I’m running the map and doing random events. I don’t like the idea of losing all that I worked for or the “permanent” boost to an account that’s added to the already permanent boosts I can get from my achievements points.

I need a lot more information from the developers, because this could seriously be a major deterrent for me. As previously stated, I put a lot of work into my magic find gear for when I’m soloing or running with a friend. (For those of you throwing a fit about the unfairness of magic find in groups, no, I do not run in magic find gear when I need the power to assist my group.)

Here’s what I want to know if ArenaNet plans to go through with this.
1. What’s going to happen to the gear and accessories players already have acquired via gold, laurels, or crafting that have the magic find set?
2. Will players be refunded what they put into getting the magic find set or something of equivalent value?
3. How will this affect the current market for magic find gear and the collection of rarer items since their rarity will decrease as players move further into the game?
4. When do you plan to implement this change?

I would really appreciate some answers and more details about this — preferably from someone at ArenaNet, not another player unless they have a reliable source. Feel free to rant along with me players, if you’d like.

Thank you.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

The purpose of this thread was to explore better ways to implement MF.

The “MF sux” topic is that’a way.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I also have a full MF gear. I am concerned to what will happen to it.

They should make all MF gear UNsoulbound and allow us to choose the new combo stats set. In that way you at least could sell it all (for who already have all sets possibles) or use in another way (zerker, soldier, rabid, etc).

Sorry for my english.

Magic Find [merged]

Mad Rasputin.7809

It is with sad news, today, that we learn of the imminent death of the lowly humble farmer.

They withstood the destruction of farm after farm. From Plinx, to Union, to Shelter/Pent. Still, they pushed on.

Now, with no land to call their own and their last useful tool being stripped from their hands, they are now a dying breed.

Destined to live off of subsidies provided by the powers that be in the way of guaranteed rares for their participation in spamming a harmless dragon with their ‘1’ skill.

We salute you, old humble farmer, and play this solemn tune of Taps on our newly acquired flute just for you.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

You guys seem to have missed what was stated. Magic find isn’t completely being dumped into achievement rewards. It’s being taken off armor (hopefully weapons too) and focused more on consumables. From what I understand, these consumables will stack but you will need more to achieve higher stacks.

tl;dr: You get to have your cake and eat it too.

Don’t even begin to think I’m a fanboy. These days I am highly skeptical of anet’s actions, especially the devs in charge of class balancing and the idiots that keep putting rare skins in rng chests. That being said, I’m not going to start whining or jumping to conclusions until I see what they replace magic find stats with and how these new magic find consumables will actually work.

Magic Find [merged]

HawkMeister.4758

DPS is king because the only role to fill in this game is utilitarian DPS builds. You gear up for DPS and select utilities that fit the fight.

- Oh look, that boss is throwing that attack, quick we need to step out of the circle/dodge/stun him/press those two buttons at once/use a reflect utility.

And killing of tactical combat with 3 “jobs” to chose from to only be left with one is more interesting how?

I´m not trying to defend the crusty holy trinity either, but killing it completely and just have ´zerker´s DPS left over really isn´t a more fun option.

But that discussion is really off topic in here.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

As someone who was a few days from crafting full Opal trinket sets for each of my five characters I’m glad they announced this today instead of next week. It does suck that those who sank Laurels or Ectos into MF gear might not be fairly compensated, though.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

You guys seem to have missed what was stated. Magic find isn’t completely being dumped into achievement rewards. It’s being taken off armor (hopefully weapons too) and focused more on consumables. From what I understand, these consumables will stack but you will need more to achieve higher stacks.

Don’t even begin to think I’m a fanboy. These days I am highly skeptical of anet’s actions, especially the devs in charge of class balancing and the idiots that keep putting rare skins in rng chests. That being said, I’m not going to start whining or jumping to conclusions until I see what they replace magic find stats with and how these new magic find consumables will actually work.

It’ll actually work more like infusions. You eat a consumable, and it adds 1% mf to your account bonus.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ogre.1529

ogre.1529

For me, this is great news. After just a couple months of play I realized how inappropriate having magic find on gear actually was. In my opinion, this will certainly improve the game overall.

Magic Find [merged]

zeromius.1604

Toughness, vitality, healing power, condition damage, etc., while perceived as inferior, contribute something to the group. Magic find contributes nothing to the group whatsoever.

At the end of the day, your ability to manipulate the game’s controls and use your character’s skills at the right time matter a lot more than the difference in ratings between MF and non-MF armor. When I go down, it’s generally because I’m doing a poor job of using my skills, moving, or managing resources and not because I could squeeze another 250 hit points out of my gear without MF.

But I also want to add that I actually want all of my friends to wear MF armor in dungeons, too. Why? I got the drop I needed to create my quiver on my second set of fractals. So maybe you can do 10 sets of fractals in the time it takes a group with MF gear to do 3, but if they get better loot than you do in fewer dungeons, how is that benefitting any of you?

Having survivability stats goes beyond just keeping yourself alive. That extra vitality could buy you extra time to stand in the AOE to revive your teammate. You might argue that it was your teammate’s fault for going down and maybe it’s better to just let them die instead of risking yourself. In a dungeon run, it’s really about group survival.

Let’s get back to magic find. If ANet is actually revamping the reward system, more than what they’re already doing, we can expect less reliance on magic find to get what you want. The main issue with magic find has never been about magic find itself. It was about loot dropping based on a random number generator. Now with guaranteed drops from certain enemies like champions, magic find plays less of a role. Sure, it can be useful for farming trash, which people will try to skip anyway. As a whole, ANet has learned from their mistakes and is moving in the right direction.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I wonder what this is going to do to Giver’s armor/trinkets. Will the MF aspect be changed to something else? Or are these items gone forever? I hope it’s not the latter, because there aren’t too many ways to get +Boon Duration.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

I need answers about this issue as well.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I also have a full MF gear. I am concerned to what will happen to it.

They should make all MF gear UNsoulbound and allow us to choose the new combo stats set. In that way you at least could sell it all (for who already have all sets possibles) or use in another way (zerker, soldier, rabid, etc).

This is exactly what I was thinking.

They’ll be changing the stat scheme either way. At least by unsoulbinding any gear, people who dislike the new stat scheme won’t feel cheated.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

<Rant>
What in the?!? What’s this I read about magic find becoming some sort of account bonus for accomplishments!?

I’ve abandoned several good games simply for having this kind of reward structure! It punishes new players in a way that cannot be made up with a simple gift of a box of armor, they have to work hard to get that magic find. It does nothing to reward skill and everything to reward long time players.

Ok. Deep breath.

With MF on the gear, I have a decision to make: Can I clear this game content with the penalty of using MF gear, or do I sacrifice drops for clearing the content. Absent some living story content and fractals levels starting at about 26, and the odd bit of dungeon content, I don’t need my ‘main’ gear to press forward successfully. I’m a skilled player. I tank Karka. Veteran abominations, on occasion some giganticus fellow in Arah who has some really nasty breath. I don’t credit my gear for this, I credit my ability. I use my ability to bring MF along and get better drops. Some items have even been announced to only drop if you bring MF. What’s this mean? Only the players who have played the game longer and farmed all the permament MF bonuses have any real chance at getting it.

With MF on the account and off the gear, the switch itself punishes newer players who have paid out cold hard gold for a second set of MF gear. The attitude moving the buff to the account presents is not one of ‘ability trumps all’ but ‘attendance trumps all’, an attitude I absolutely despise in games. I come to use my ability, to earn my rewards, not for handouts – handouts are not earned, so they have no value to me (zenith gear included. Yeah, it looks shiny, but I didn’t do anything specific to earn it, so I value it likewise)

Please Arena Net: I’ve never asked you for anything design wise, but I’m going to insist now.

If you really want to reward longtime players, do it with titles, or skins obtained only by completing specific, sometimes difficult, content. Not as permament powerups for kitten showing up and killing ten rats.

I’m ok in a game without magic find. I’m not ok in a game that grants performance boosts of any kind to long-term players, PvE or PvP.
//Portable Corpse

</Rant>

All those of you who are excited about account-wide, achievement-based MF boosts should read this.

“So you’re new, and don’t have any MF bonuses, nor any way to get them other than not being new? Sucks to be you…”

They have to earn a luxury stat that has no effect on their power just like everyone else did?

The HORROR!!!!!!

You’ve failed to actually present a problem…

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I’m assuming you refer to the dungeon reward changes and what that means for cof path 1… I’m looking forward to any change that makes other paths more profitable so I can’t complain. I do kind of miss open world farming, though.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

He’s more likely referring to the magic find changes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Obsidus.1206

Obsidus.1206

IF they go through with this, they need to buff drop rates across the board to compensate. The ONLY reason I am not 100% against MF gear right now is because farming in this game is insanely tedious and unrewarding 95% of the time, particularly because of the stupid DR on drops. If they take out MF gear, MF food + these piddly account bonuses won’t be enough to compensate. Either raise drop rates on stuff, or loosen the DR. Then this change will be great in my book.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

He’s more likely referring to the magic find changes.

MF is going to an account bonus… This is good news for farmers. They can get the same MF bonus as well as do more damage while wearing better gear. So it is unlikely he is complaining about a positive change for farmers…

Champion loot getting boosted…
Dungeon paths being equalized to all be rewarding…
MF being changed to allow you to get good loot while wearing real gear….
New tiers of mats to farm…

This is like a farmers dream blog… I honestly have no idea what he could possibly be complaining about unless he was a CoF p1 farmer.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’ll actually work more like infusions. You eat a consumable, and it adds 1% mf to your account bonus.

And more than that, blues and green have a chance to drop these consumables when salvaged, making them more than just merchant trash.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Magic Find [merged]

Berk.8561

No, I agree that there is a lot of parts of the game you solo. However, consider that the open world isn’t really a solo experience. You have other players around for dynamic events. You still have WvW. You might argue that the world is devoid of players so it can be considered a solo experience in this regard. You can’t say that you won’t run into other players for group events and what not.

I play WvW in +100% MF armor and do pretty will. Whether I win or lose a 1 on 1 or do well in a zerg depends more on relative ability to manipulate controls and use the right skills than the numbers I’ve sacrificed to a MF and its entirely irrelevant when I’m manning siege weapons or building up sites. I’ve seen people playing in WvW in their character’s underwear and seen people finish dungeons the same way due to equipment damage. If people can do that, then how is wasting a slot on MF fatal to playing the game?

I also don’t go down that often in those big group events and do plenty of damage, including against the Claw of Jormag. If anything, a lot of the more popular events are over so fast that everyone could afford to need their damage a bit.

In short, you are complaining about a problem I don’t see, even on a relatively empty server. I’m also pretty awful at playing my character so I’m not bragging about playing at level of play beyond the reach of most people.

could block or remove magic find gear from dungeons only and let you wear magic find elsewhere. The problem is this would just complicate things. You’re getting an account wide magic find boost, which in the long run will benefit people who have a lot of alts.

And are you going to prohibit certain classes from dungeons and certain skill choices from dungeon use, too, because they are widely considered sub-optimal or selfish? How about players who are simply bad at pushing buttons quickly because they’ll drag the rest of their party down?

Let’s not even go into how some people are against magic find altogether. I think this is a good solution overall. You have two groups on opposite sides of the fence and ANet found a happy medium.

When only one side of an argument considers a solution a good compromise or a moderate solution, it usually means it isn’t either.

(edited by Berk.8561)

Magic Find [merged]

stof.9341

And killing of tactical combat with 3 “jobs” to chose from to only be left with one is more interesting how?

I´m not trying to defend the crusty holy trinity either, but killing it completely and just have ´zerker´s DPS left over really isn´t a more fun option.

But that discussion is really off topic in here.

Those two roles are boring. Stats do not make a role.

What kind of gear stat is there in the game? Tankiness, healing and DPS.

Will ANet make a dungeon fight that plain requires tankiness to succeed? If yes, they created a fight that needs a tank. So they won’t do it.

Will ANet make a dungeon fight that requires healing to succeed? If yes this fight requires healers. It won’t happen.

See, the removal of the trinity means the removal of the need for tankiness and healing gear in PvE and there’s no way to cut it. PVT gear is like training wheels on a bicycle : all they do is it make it safer and slower to do something you don’t need them for.

And stats do not make roles. Do you need some specific stats to handle the molten lava pots in the dredge fractal boss? No. Do you need toughness to cycle reflect utilities? Neither.

In fact, if we normalized the gear more, ANet could better work to tune the dungeon encounters instead of having to create challenge both for ultra high DPS Zerkers down to unkillable Soldiers.

Magic Find [merged]

Berk.8561

If I wanted the MF bonus I get from my gear via consumables, I could, but I hate consumable. I hate having to buy or make them, having to watch when they expire, and having to take the time to consume more. That is specifically why my gear gives a + 100% bonus without consumables. I honestly wouldn’t care if ANet eliminated all consumables from the game because I don’t enjoy playing with them. But you’ll notice that I’m not whining for ANet to take them out of the game just because I don’t care for them.

Magic Find [merged]

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

<Rant>

Ok. Deep breath.

//Portable Corpse

</Rant>

They have to earn a luxury stat that has no effect on their power just like everyone else did?

The HORROR!!!!!!

You’ve failed to actually present a problem…

Ah, one of the “sucks to be you” crowd weighs in. Thanks.

Magic Find [merged]

HawkMeister.4758

Oh look… another thread complaining about an issue that doesn’t even exist… Must be the day for that…

You will be compensated.

That doesn’t really help them out if they don’t know what they’re being compensated with yet.

As for now, I don’t think there is any harm in people/us throwing out their/our opinions or feelings on the subject before anet starts implementing the new MF system.

True, but some are just a bit overly whiny and seem set on hating about every idea that will replace the current broken system.
Mainly I presume, because they have a full set of 4gazilion% MF.
Which I don´t, luckily.
HAHA!
;)

Polish > hype