Only 10 Daily Achivements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

I’m not a huge fan of combining the two daily categories and making less options, but what can you do. They will always have 5 options in PvE:
<snip>

As it turns out, though, that’s not true. Today only has 4, unless you also count Dungeon Completer. Except I don’t have a character high enough level for a dungeon, so I can’t get the daily only through PVE. I don’t generally do PVP, and I can’t imagine anyone in PVP would really want me there anyway, as I have little experience, no interest, and even less skill, not to mention an old machine and laggy internet. How is this at all a change for the better?

I really wanted to like this patch, too. I guess, like a lot of others here, it’s time to start looking at other games. Seriously, Anet, this very limited list of dailies really needs to be a bug you address promptly.

You could level a bit and then do the dungeon.

Fair enough, but the point still stands, how is FORCING someone to do something they do not want to do in the game, for whatever reason, just to get the daily achievement going to encourage that person to play more? If anything, it would seem to have the opposite of the supposed intended effect, drive that person away. If they were already iffy about the game, this is a GOOD way to make sure they never consider it again, and possibly adversely affect any future consideration any game by Anet gets from that person in the future.

Some people are just into PvP, some are just into PvE, and some are just into WvW. While I agree that having them available so that they can complete their dailies is a good thing, the daily level cap is not a good idea, and forcing people into an area of the game they do not want to play, also a huge mistake.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

People abhore change, yet adapt to it sooner or later. It will be the same here..

I’ll have to re-adopt a playstyle I was glad I could get rid off: doing the daily as a chore.

I agree. Dailies didn’t feel like a chore. Now depending on the list each day, it very much could be. And I won’t play a game if it feels like work. I play games to get rid of that feeling.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Yes, it’s a very puzzling and unwelcome change. Remember last time they updated it to have more options? They said they wanted to give people more chance to finish the daily with lots more options than previously. And now they take those options away again. It didn’t feel like a chore, since you had so many options before. And now it feels like a chore again.

Who the kitten cares about leaderboards? (if that is truly the reason behind this) I just want the daily to return the way it was.

(also, removing daily activity from the dailies list is sure to boost the number of players doing the activity … NOT)

(edited by Traveller.7496)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

It’s good from some aspect, and bad from some aspect.
For example if you play for ap leaderboards and doing all achievements, you have less daily work now, it makes this easier.
But If you are a new player and need some ap, it’s bad as it doesn’t provide enough variety of daily achievements.
I was doing all dailies as chores too(even though I don’t grind for leaderboards) and was feeling obligated to do all, now my chores are easier with just 10 dailies. But actually when you think, there’s no point to grind ap as it only gives boots that you won’t ever use for grinding 21k ap.

(edited by Umut.5471)

Posted by: Wojo.7906

Wojo.7906

Have you always been able to get credit for dodging in SPvP dailies? I don’t think so, but I’m not sure I’m remembering correctly. It seems that at least those who SPvP can get some of the PvE dailies while PvPing.

Similar story here. I got the daily condition remover in the middle of an sPVP match. It also might mix up the stale sPVP dailies, and it was a welcome unexpected change for me. (I guess I’m in the minority here but) I feel like the list of dailies I saw were more tangible for me to complete, and I didn’t have to travel or do anything I didn’t want to. It just happened. Like it did before Laurels were implemented. Keeping my fingers crossed that it’ll stay that way.

I think we’ll see any daily rotation include dailies that sPvPers didn’t normally get credit for, so this isn’t the end of dailies for strictly PvPers.

That said, my fiance, who is strictly PvE, is upset that he can’t do as many dailies. Certainly the number of dailies that any type of player (WvW, PvE, sPvP) could/would normally do has been reduced.

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Same here. Before an update it was 12 or 14 PvE/WvWvW dailies + 4 pvp dailies and now its only 10 for all. I like old dailies because usually I don’t need to do them specially, just play my way. And now I need to do them and spend my time for this…
And now we can earn only 1 mystic coin per day…

(edited by dennie.9237)

Traveller.7496

I would be very happy to hear a dev explanation on what they were going for with this and why they did such a complete turnaround from when they previously worked on the dailies to give us more options.

Quick, someone modify the topic into “appreciation” to fool them into reading

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

I am disappointed about the new daily achievements. I do not like pvp (never have and never will), sometimes you cannot do much in wvw when it’s a bad matchup, so in 99% of the cases I complete my dailies by doing ONLY the pve stuff, and on most days I solo because I play late at night. With 5 or 6 pve options available and having to complete 5 of them to get the reward, this means that I have to do whatever is on the list that day, without having any choice. So if it’s something like “daily killer in region x” plus “daily events in region y” plus “dungeon completer”, it is extremely annoying, because the achievements cannot be “combined” in one play region and doing a dungeon is often not possible for me anyway.

I know that I am probably part of a minority of players (not liking pvp, playing solo, not too much time) – but previously, there ALWAYS was enough choice that I could find some good combination of things to do, but now it’s “these are the pve things you have to do today, no choice”. So I am pretty sure that there will be days when I won’t be able to do the dailies due to lack of options (because there are now fewer pve only options on the list) – this new system definitely is worse than the old one.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Yes, it’s a very puzzling and unwelcome change. Remember last time they updated it to have more options? They said they wanted to give people more chance to finish the daily with lots more options than previously. And now they take those options away again. It didn’t feel like a chore, since you had so many options before. And now it feels like a chore again.

Who the kitten cares about leaderboards? (if that is truly the reason behind this) I just want the daily to return the way it was.

(also, removing daily activity from the dailies list is sure to boost the number of players doing the activity … NOT)

SOOOOooooo much THIS! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

I think taking away dailies was a poor decision. Why should we now have less options for doing it? Normally I would do 5-6 of the dailies and just decide every evening what I wanted to do… sometimes dungeons, sometimes fractal, sometimes wvw, never underwater kills etc^^ Now these options are reduced a lot and honestly I don’t see a reason for this.
And one thing… the activities which were brought into the game with a daily rotation will be dead again since without a daily many people will see no reason to play it….

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

You guys can thank the people who didn’t have the self control to leave a few dailies undone every once in a while and instead needed Anet to take them away. They are also a big reason for having the dailies and monthlies capped now which will really slow progress to any future AP skins.

Posted by: nOxe.6293

nOxe.6293

Quoted for the truth.

Nelizea (Guardian)
[MM] Midnight Mayhem (Gunnar’s Hold) (Megaserverized..)
[TxS] Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Oculus.5703

Oculus.5703

They key here is that they told us there would be enough choice, so you could finish your daily entirely through PvE, PvP or WvW.

Nowhere does it state their intent to push people into PvX for dailies. The opposite in fact. So it is either a bug, or a flat out lie.

It’s right there on the front-page, written by John Corpening.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

It’s good from some aspect, and bad from some aspect.
For example if you play for ap leaderboards and doing all achievements, you have less daily work now, it makes this easier.

Surely the better fix is not less dailies, but only count the first 5 for ap??

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

You guys can thank the people who didn’t have the self control to leave a few dailies undone every once in a while and instead needed Anet to take them away. They are also a big reason for having the dailies and monthlies capped now which will really slow progress to any future AP skins.

If that was the real reason why Anet changed the dailies, I still fail to understand why they could not just have given AP for only the first five dailies per player per day. Leave in the choice but limit the AP handed out – instead of limiting the choice TO limit the AP handed out.

I mean, they did it with boss chests. There they limited the reward available per day and left in all the boss spawns instead of deleting all the bosses and putting in one single boss spawn per server per day to limit the amount of chests you can get.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Quoted for the truth.

Absolutely! And I do remember that! Downvoting daily change here! /signed.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

For everyone else… Yes, play-as-you-want is one of Anet’s core promises with GW2, but they also have a vision to unify all game modes. It’s hard to compromise between the two, and I think having to do one or two new thing that you don’t normally do isn’t too time consuming or unreasonable. I think Anet also wants to challenge players to step out and try new things, especially when they work so hard to improve every game mode. Give it a shot, who knows, maybe you’ll discover you enjoy pvp, or pve, or wvw. And if you don’t, it’s not like the game is ruined just because you need to occasionally do one or two little thing if you really want a laural for that particular day.

No, but it actually hurts the game to have people like me in your PvP or WvW or mini-game matches just because we need credit for the dailies. Can I try to sponge credit for stuff off a zerg or just stand around and hope the other players pull off a win for me? Sure. But why would anyone want me to do it? Yeah, I can stand there if someone attacks me and just wait for them to kill me so I can rez and get on with what I’m trying to accomplish, but how does that benefit me or my team?

That’s actually a very valid point. However, I feel like this problem is inherent in the system because how some people play. There will always be a subsect of the player base concerned with min/max or efficiency. In WvW there will always be players who take supplies from the keep and wait around for an attack just for daily/season 1/tournament repairs, or kill the guard way off yander and cap the point regardless of the commander’s plea not to do so and reveal zerg position to the enemy. In PvP there will always be several players who sit on an empty point for daily captures. And the same problem is present in PvE as well, e.g. Queensdale champ train, barrels for Wurm achievements, etc. I imagine it’s difficult to find a balance and choose achievements that would incentivize/challenge players, without causing too much harm to the various game modes. I believe this change is an attempt at that. At least now there are fewer PvP daily achievements, daily capture isn’t always a set one, and tournament wins are no longer required. Which means people who have zero interest but want the laurel/points can pop in, do their thing real quick, and then hop out. In PvP the “damage” can be somewhat isolated to hot-join and lower ranked matches.

I will confess that I personally tend to be a PvE-centric, achievement-oriented, efficiency minded player. I had never stepped foot in PvP until I decided I wanted the achievement points for those dailies too, discovered it was reasonable, and then discovered that PvP was actually enjoyable. The same thing when they added soloq/tournament wins to the PvP daily. Initially I, like many of my other high ranking leaderboards achievement point friends, was very exasperated at the increased burden of more dailies we “have” to grind for, the exponential increase in difficulty, and the seemingly unfair disproportionately random element in those few extra points. I joined a “casual” PvP guild just to get more consistent wins. To my surprise, I discovered a whole new community of GW2 players who shared an experience different to my own, learned a lot about the game that I’d played so hardcore for a year (which was a humbling, refreshing, and exciting experience), made new friends, and found a new level of enjoyment in higher level organized sPvP play.

Maybe I’m just one “success story” drowned out in the voices of a million protests. I honestly still feel that two tournament wins or three soloq wins is a lot less controllable and takes considerably more time and effort than daily gatherer or the like. But I don’t “have” to do it, it’s up to me to decide how much I WANT to do every single daily/monthly every single day/month to rack up as many points as possible. Just like none of you “have” to play/try anything you don’t want to. You just have to decide whether that one laurel/point is worth stepping into PvP for 4 minutes. And if it’s not, you may still be be able to get a laurel from time to time, depending on what the daily rotations are.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Personally I don´t care, I don´t artificially divide the game into pvp and pve, I just play Guild Wars 2. But some more choices in daily achievements wouldn´t hurt.

Posted by: Almachial.5493

Almachial.5493

Disappointed here, too. Feeling forced to try things I tried before and decided on not to play it. I vote for old achievement system. Chose from X PvP releated or X PvE related independently. Limiting it to X points a day in sum is fine for me.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

I know that I am probably part of a minority of players (not liking pvp, playing solo, not too much time) – but previously, there ALWAYS was enough choice that I could find some good combination of things to do, but now it’s “these are the pve things you have to do today, no choice”. So I am pretty sure that there will be days when I won’t be able to do the dailies due to lack of options (because there are now fewer pve only options on the list) – this new system definitely is worse than the old one.

We might be in the minority, but you aren’t alone. My playstyle is nearly identical: No pvp, solo play, limited time. The previous Daily system was brilliant for everyone as nobody was negatively impacted by it. But this new system…? Negative impacts everywhere.

Sadly, I knew this was coming when in an interview a couple weeks/months back, Colin mentioned they were going to “encourage” players to PvP. “Encourage” is ANet-PR-lie-speak for “force” or “shovel”. As long as the current people in charge stay in charge at ANet, these are the kinds of design decisions we can expect: Stubbornly driven “play how I want you to play” design with little regard for actual enjoyment of the game.

Traveller.7496

I’ve always taken dailies as something I can do in my own time even if I don’t have much time to play. Doing fractals and dungeons and PvP stuff for dailies is just not always possible. Dodging a few times, gathering something or killing a champion is. That’s why it was so good to have so many options to choose from, there was always something you could do fast – and after you were finished you still got some other daily objectives done just by playing normally.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

i agree that the overall number of possibilities needs to be increase to at least 12 if not 15. This is certainly a case where options have been reduced by the patch changes and that is never good.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Daily was fine for me yesterday. I just did the five PVE ones no problem. Actually learning how to Dodge

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

However, I don’t wanna end the previous post without making a suggestion that should cater to everyone’s desires. These I define as on the one hand us GW2 nerds wanting more dailies back in the achie rotation and on the other hand ANet/the game designers wanting to limit the amount of achie points while at the same encouraging (forcing) people to do stuff they don’t really like. I suppose what I’m suggesting won’t accomplish that last aspect as it will give people a lot more freedom in what to do than the designers might want to, but hope springs eternal, and there’s still hope that our having fun eventually will rank higher than forcing people into game modes they don’t like that much.

So, here goes:

1. Keep the full set of roughly 60 different dailies in rotation (that would include all the previously available PvP dailies, as I suppose that the two/three/five tournament wins have been removed from the rotation as it is now; there’s no way to tell yet which of the PvE/WvW dailies might have been removed from the rotation as well).
  2. Of these, have a more or less random subset of 16 – 20 dailies be active on any given day.
  3. Limit the amount of achie points one can get from completing dailies to say 10 per day, thus still rewarding those who do more than the minimum of 5, but at the same time preventing an inflation of achie points from dailies alone.
  4. Finally, for those crazy achie hunters out there (yeah, I count myself among them), add a new general achievement of “Lifetime Dailies completed”. Have that give another 5 achie points or so with every tier, the tiers being e.g. 100/250/500/750/1.000/1.250/… This way, there’s still a noticeable, yet rather modes reward for those who – for one reason or another – complete most, if not all dailies.

Just to clarify any possible misunderstandings, let me give an example:

• Casual gamers and those who only ever want to do the minimum to get the daily rewards will get 5 – 6 achie points per day for a maximum total of about 150 per month and (after having reached the first two tiers of 100 and 250) about half a tier in the Lifetime Dailies achie, accounting for a nother 2 -3 achie points per month on average.
  • More active gamers will complete around 10 dailies a day for a monthly total of 250 – 300 achie points and complete about one tier in the Lifetime Dailies achie, which yields them another 5 achie points per month.
  • Crazy GW2 nerds and all others who go for the full package will complete 15 – 20 dailies each day. That’s still a monthly total of 300 achie points due to the cap of 10 points per day, but they progress about two tiers in the Lifetime Dailes achie per month, which brings their monthly point total to 310 – 315.

If game designers feel that the “bonus reward” can be a bit higher than 10 points a month, just increase the tier reward for Lifetime Dailies from say 5 to 10 points.

I wholeheartedly agree. Please implement it like this. Well thought out.

This would be about perfect. The pool changes so you don’t do the same ones every day, but there is a big selection and you pick the subset you want to do with no incentive to try to do them all since you only get credit for 10.

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

Until now, I thought the daily system in this game was one of the best I’ve seen because it was very flexible. As a PvE player, I had plenty to choose from everyday. I even liked the zone-specific dailies (I know some did not) because they encouraged me to go back to areas I wouldn’t otherwise revisit.

Now, the daily feels like more of a grind because there’s virtually no choice. If it includes things I don’t like (Acquatic Slayer can just diaf), I either have to suck it up or blow off the daily. Likely the latter since, as a working adult on the wrong side of 50, I value my time more than that. Many days I only log on to do my daily lately, so this will probably translate into even less play time, too.

It’s not the end of the world, but I think its unfortunate this has gone from an enjoyable way to casually direct my own play to marching orders from ANet.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

I must admit that I too am more than a little dismayed at the significant reduction in daily achievement options. Neither my wife nor I will ever do PvP. Reducing our options will not push us into that. I dabble in WvW but usually only end up feeding someone else’s XP.

However here is what I see as a larger problem. Laurels are already a bottleneck in obtaining ascended equipment. For players who have multiple characters there is significant difficulty equipping them sufficiently to be playable/competitive in endgame content. This problem was brought up in the CDI for both horizontal and vertical progression. By reducing the likelihood of people making their dailies and obtaining laurels, equipping alternate characters has gotten HARDER not easier, despite what was brought up in the CDIs.

IMHO having alternate characters keeps the game interesting and varied. Any MMO has a limited span of time that they can hold gamers’ attention. I don’t know if the designers at ANET have considered this, but they really should encourage those people who run multiple alts. Making playing multiple alts harder only shortens the length of time they can keep our attention before folks get bored/discouraged/angry and move on to the next hot thing. Honestly that is going to happen anyway. The question is the length of time that GW2 will continue to capture attention. Living story was a part of that effort for ANET. So this seems counter productive to try to keep our attention on the one hand, yet to subtly inhibit the very variety that is so integral to holding our attention on the other hand.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

Interesting trend in the last three posters. I am over 40, the guy after me is over 50, and the guy after him doesn’t say how old he is but does mention being married. When you only have two hours max to play, you get a bit more picky about these kinds of things, since they can easily account for your entire playtime.

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Yeah, I was also surprised to only see the 10 options listed and thought there was a problem with scroll down. I realized it was a game change and one that was a huge step backwards for my gaming fun. I’ve always looked forward to the reset to see where and what the dailies took me. While I’ve been able to cobble together 5 PVE it feels very boxed in rather than a new adventure to enjoy.

Two thumbs down, three if I had them

-M

Posted by: InfectTempura.3097

InfectTempura.3097

The word of the day is : “Dumb”.
Everytime you write about Daily change, you must use the word “dumb” in a sentence.

A.net will certainly understand our concern and make change in two years (Soon).

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

Dailies were fun because you could get them just by playing daily, with the option to have a few more AP if you wanted to go out of you way to get them. Now they’re a chore, and trying to force me outside my normal playstyle (pve). Obviously I’m not the only one, or this thread wouldn’t exist.

All aboard the “I hate this change” train.

Posted by: CrockyClockwork.4095

CrockyClockwork.4095

Of all the changes in the recent patch, this one bothers me the most. Forcing players into different game modes is a condescending attitude by Anet. “We know what’s best for you. You will like trying PVE for dailies and thank us for it.” No, thank you really.

Try expanding options for people. I know “expansion” is a dirty word for Anet, but trust me I know what best for you Anet. Try adding content to the game, you will thank me for it.

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

Interesting trend in the last three posters. I am over 40, the guy after me is over 50, and the guy after him doesn’t say how old he is but does mention being married. When you only have two hours max to play, you get a bit more picky about these kinds of things, since they can easily account for your entire playtime.

Add me to the list of old farts (late 40’s) who play GW2 and don’t have long periods of time to do so. I will almost certainly never play sPvP. I play very little WvW, though I have played it on occasion. Right now, I am playing on a crappy machine while waiting to fix my normal one so won’t play WvW at all because I can’t. But even normally I wouldn’t play it much.

And that should be all right. If ANet wants more people to play PvP, then they should make PvP something people who like to play PvP want to play. Doing that would draw more people into their game. Trying to force PvEers into PvP is a recipe for making people quit their game entirely. Instead of trying to force PvEers into PvP, make PvE something that PvEers want to play more of. This also will draw more players into their game.

“Play how you want” has not really been what I expected in GW2. It actually seems more restrictive than GW1 in many ways. This is not bashing GW2 either, btw. I really like it in a lot of ways. I plan to keep playing it. But ANet should be making it better with changes rather than worse. For example, megaservers seem to be making open world PvE a little better. Lots more people in zones. But this particular change to the dailies is a net negative, imo. It should be rolled back. Why annoy any of your customers unnecessarily?

Lankybrit.4598

I guess I have a different view, because when I left the game, they were just implementing the ‘get 5 of 12’ from the static 5 we used to have every day.

With the latest change, it’s almost that we’re back at ‘get 5 out of 5’, so it’s not such a big deal to me.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I’m really only interested in PvE play, and I don’t have long to play each day. Previous dailies had enough options that I could do the PvEs and be fine, sometimes without even planning it.

Now it feels like a chore because I have to break my stride to make sure I meet my dailies before running out of time each evening. I know that mechanically it isn’t awful, but it feels awful.

Like being in traffic going 35 on the freeway. It’s frustrating, but I’ll get there. It might take me longer going 35 on the surface streets, but in doing so I feel better. I feel like I have more control.

Just add more dailies, you have an AP cap so it’s not like it matters how many are available. Make it a reward for logging in and playing, because I feel like I’m getting punished if I log in and want to do anything more than my dailies.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

The daily/monthly achievement cap had its own interesting implications. Long term this seems a bit of a drive to push players into completing the rotating temporary content as the ONLY way to gain achievement points once we have completed the original base content.

I wonder if this is an attempt of a coordinated plan to raise the value of achievement points & Laurels. Not trying to start any conspiracy theories. Just contemplating the balancing act ANET has to do when handling so many different currencies in one environment.

@DavidH – yes, I too am over 40, although not on the wrong side of 50 yet. I too have limited gaming time which I see as adversely impacted by this policy change.

I refuse to call into question the intelligence of those who make decisions at ANET. I am confident that they have their reasons for making this change. However I do think that there are variables that they either may have not considered, or else assigned them a lower value than the community does. The whole point of us posting on the forum is to persuade them that those considerations have a greater weight than ANET currently holds them. Aspersions and defamation are counter productive to that effort as both the moderators and other community members have regularly noted.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: iceey.1607

iceey.1607

I agree that this is a bad change. The idea of dailies originally was a pretty casual reward, it shouldn’t take longer than 30-45 minutes of play.

Posted by: variablenonsense.9763

variablenonsense.9763

I don’t really understand this change.

Unification I … suppose I can understand, okay, but limiting us to ten possible choices when there are very distinct playstyles available is … It’s really kittenty, to be honest.

I’m a pve-er. I’m also fairly often sick or unable to play for extremely long periods, so having an array of options available meant that when I did play, I could have both choices and be able to play the way I wanted to; with this, I’m forced into doing things I don’t enjoy or don’t have the time for. When you only have five pve options, that means that I can either 1. do all of them or 2. forget my daily. This is ridiculous, especially when they can be a mix of things from different regions or even include dungeon running!

I thought they wanted to give us flexibility and options – this might as well be the original iteration of dailies, and I for one greatly dislike the change. If it was about the AP, then put a kitten cap on the possible number of AP available per day … DON’T limit the possible dailies! This is an extreme annoyance and inconvenience to those of us that don’t play all areas of the game or don’t have the time to devote to running all over doing all sorts of bull just to get dailies.

I have never gotten into MMOs heavily before because I absolutely hate the slog of The Grind. GW2 hasn’t been like that for me, but with going back into this direction it will be – and as a gem buying customer who surely can’t be alone in this I don’t think it’s a very good idea for Anet.

I want to play the game how I enjoy it – wasn’t that one of the ideas behind this game, anyway? Don’t “encourage” your players towards other areas of the game; many of us have TRIED PVP / PVE and those of us that stick to just one – guess what? We don’t like the other. Don’t make kitten a slog just because you want us to “experience” everything. Don’t ruin the game for those of us that don’t spend all day on one game because of AP addicts, either. Apply sensible limits instead of this … forcing people to grind on extremely specific goals in areas they really don’t enjoy.

The point of a game is to play, not to be a job!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I thought they were keeping all the daily amounts and just making both pve n pvp ones count towards the 5/5. Being wrong makes me sad.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Wow. OK, Anet.

Here’s the thing…I’m usually one of your bigger supporters for these things, but wow. I don’t know if its a mistake or not, but this feels like a huge step backwards. I don’t PvP right now, and although I considered it for some time, i don’t like the idea that I now have to do all 5 of the PvE based dailies to get it if I don’t feel like doing WvW that day, or worse, being forced to do PvP for the daily.

There were some days where I could also just do my daily in WvW, which doesn’t seem like it’d be possible now. I honestly feel bad for PvPers that have to venture from PvP just to do their dailies. If anything, this goes against the “play your way” mantra and its a little sad really. I might do PvP someday, but on my own time.

Guess i’ll be missing getting my daily every now and then until this is fixed.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I thought they were keeping all the daily amounts and just making both pve n pvp ones count towards the 5/5. Being wrong makes me sad.

That is what I thought as well. I thought the cap on total dailies achievement points was something they did for the achievement point hunters. After that I knew they were going to merge the PvP and PvE dailies into one but I didn’t imagine they were going to cut our options dramatically. They seem to taken it a bit too far.

The Burninator

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Its funny how the majority of those complaining are PvE purists when WvW and PvP players lost far more of their dailies (PvP players lost…what? 4 of 6 dailies specific to PvP?)

JustTrogdor.7892

Its funny how the majority of those complaining are PvE purists when WvW and PvP players lost far more of their dailies (PvP players lost…what? 4 of 6 dailies specific to PvP?)

I think it is just more PvE people speaking up here. Most of us are well aware that the new change negatively affects PvP players as well. The only group this new change really helps out is the achievement point hunters/addicts/leaderboard types. I’m not sure how many of them there are because I don’t have access to the data but I’m willing to bet they are a very very small group compared to the rest of the player base.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Sargon.9048

Sargon.9048

Honestly Arena Net seems to be really pushing us to do PvE, PvP, and WvW content regardless of our feelings on the matter.. Thing is that doesn’t work.. for instance.. for all of the PvE content updates I stuck around and got every achievement.. The WvW patch came out.. I didn’t do one achievement.. because its boring and I don’t like it. Now that the daily’s are similar.. I will probably stop doing them as well… GW2 has always been three seperate games in my mind (PvP, WvW, and PvE).. they are not really the same, and I would venture a guess that everyone has a favorite.. by trying to force us into all three you will effectively lose a lot of players..

Please bring back the old daily setup, and continue to add content for the three separately.. that way everyone gets something they want.

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Really love the new daily. I can finish it during playing only SPvP, PvE or WvW – or if I want, I can really mix it up!

Now it feels really good, something that I still want to accomplish, and not something that is only here for farming achievement points.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Really love the new daily. I can finish it during playing only SPvP, PvE or WvW – or if I want, I can really mix it up!

This is the point. You can’t finish Daily by playing only one mode anymore. You are forced to mix it up.

IMO this is a result of Anet being unable to make sPvP interesting enough to make more people want to go there. Easy solution: Force them to go there.

Lankybrit.4598

This is the point. You can’t finish Daily by playing only one mode anymore. You are forced to mix it up.

IMO this is a result of Anet being unable to make sPvP interesting enough to make more people want to go there. Easy solution: Force them to go there.

You’re not forced to mix it up. You can still do 5 PVE ones if you want, but you’re limited to the only 5 PVE ones + Dungeon one.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

For me, the extra dailies were a way to maybe ‘catch up’ in total AP points to folks that get AP points in other ways.

Maybe I don’t like WvW, Dungeons, etc…but I could do 3-4 extra dailies that didn’t involve those and that would, over time, help me catch up. At least to folks (and probably the majority of folks?) that would only pick 5 things to do, and that’s it. Daily is done; move on.

What concerns me more now is my choices are limited. Like today, there were effectively ‘just’ 5 that I could do (that involved things I was willing to do; i.e., no dungeons, fractals, WvW, PvP). Before they were merged, and PvE and WvW were in the list, there were usually 7-10 things I could do that didn’t involved dungeons, fractals, WvW or PvP. So even if I didn’t want to do all 7-10 things to squeeze some more AP out, I had a ‘choice’ of what to put together to make the bare minimum.

That’s the part that is gone.

If they want to limit the individual daily AP limit, then they should do that…but using a different mechanic than just removing the availability of choice. Give us the choices back, but only award 1 point for each daily step ‘until the daily is rewarded’ (5), then stop handing out AP points.

JustTrogdor.7892

Well to be fair you can still do the PvE daily without going to PvP or WvW. It is just that the options are now extremely limited and you may be more forced to do PvE achievements you don’t care for as opposed to having a wider selection. With the previous system things came more naturally through game play and we had more choices of what 5 you wanted to do. Now we just have 5 (6 if you include dungeon) with no choice.

This affects PvP only players as well and even more so because they are indeed forced into PvE/WvW because there are not even 5 PvP options.

The Burninator

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

Who creates/updates the dailies table on the Wiki, because that is now out of date, given that gathering is off the rotation?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Table

JustTrogdor.7892

Who creates/updates the dailies table on the Wiki, because that is now out of date, given that gathering is off the rotation?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Table

Players update the Wiki. However, daily gathering is not out of the rotation. In fact it is in today’s achievements. It just isn’t everyday like it was.

One concern I have is with dailies like Mystic Forge. If I want my 5 PvE for the day and that is in the achievements I’m going to have to toss items into the forge just to get it or else do PvP or WvW. I don’t like the idea of having to burn my resources to get my daily or else go play a game mode I don’t like. Sure I can buy some cheap stuff and toss them in the forge but my point is I shouldn’t be forced to spend gold, burn resources just to get my daily done in PvE.

With the old system when things like Mystic Forge came up it was no big deal. I either got it because there were items I wanted to forge or I could select one of the many other daily options that didn’t involve burning resources just to get a daily.

The Burninator