Only 10 Daily Achivements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

Here’s the thing I keep coming back to – where is the harm in having more Daily options? The broad truth is that this change may indeed bring more people to other play modes, but very few are going to be willing participants. I know that on paper it looks better (for investors, NCSoft, managers, whoever) to say ‘we have x more people playing this part’, but if those people are coerced, would rather be somewhere else, and are finding the easiest route to finish the daily and leaving, where is the long term benefit?

Two idioms come to mind here. ‘You catch more flies with honey than vinegar’, and ‘You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink’. This isn’t a productive way to get what you want. You need to savvy up to the fact that of all the thousands of people playing Guild Wars 2, not all of them are going to like all of it. All you’re doing by limited choices is making your player base upset, with very little upside to you in the long run.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The old daily system was much better. If all I wanted to do was PvP, I could still complain the daily. If all I wanted to do was WvW, I could still complete the daily.

It feel like this change is in direct opposite to the core principle of GW2, which is play the game the way you want.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Its funny how the majority of those complaining are PvE purists when WvW and PvP players lost far more of their dailies (PvP players lost…what? 4 of 6 dailies specific to PvP?)

That’s only simply because there are more PvE players than PvP or WvW ones – they complain as well, and their complains are equally justified.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Cheiron the Centaur.1829

And as far as trying to get people interested in other game modes – reward tracks do it way better for pvp. Forcing people there through dailies on the other hand has a completely opposite effect on me – i absolutely hate such heavyhanded “marketing”, and may decide to drop PvP/WvW completely just to get my point across. Maybe PvE dailies as well (and then i’d have less reason to log in every day).

I very much feel the same. Before this feature pack went live, I was actually looking forward to it… on paper, much of it sounded great. Now that it’s live, I run into several issues, and this is definitely a big one for me. I’m a PvE player… I don’t like PvE, never will, and the more I feel I am forced into it, the less I enjoy playing. On top of that, I have very limited time on weekdays, so things like dungeons are out of the question for me… even gaining 3 skill points on my level 80 characters often takes me more of my evening than I can spend on this game.
Before, I used to enjoy the dailies, and often that was the only thing I did on an evening. I was almost always able to pick whichever 5 or 6 PvE dailies I liked and was able to do within the time I had available. Now, I don’t even have a choice anymore. Which means doing dailies has stopped being fun, and is now just a chore. And I simply can’t bring myself to do them anymore.
Which means I haven’t actually played the game at all, since the patch went live. I’ve played around a bit with dyes, the wardrobe, and the traits that I already have (I hate that trait unlocking is now attached to mega group events… those traits will definitely have to wait until the weekend). Maybe I’ll just shelve this entire game on weekdays, and only play it during those weekend days that I have more time for it.

So I very much agree with the other people here… I don’t understand the point of restricting our choice in dailies, and I hope ArenaNet will reverse that decision.

(edited by Cheiron the Centaur.1829)

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Here’s the thing I keep coming back to – where is the harm in having more Daily options?
… You need to savvy up to the fact that of all the thousands of people playing Guild Wars 2, not all of them are going to like all of it. All you’re doing by limited choices is making your player base upset, with very little upside to you in the long run.

^THIS x 1,000,000

add my voice to the growing crowd of people who are not happy you took away Daily options. I will NEVER PvP. and I’m not really going to WvW much either. So stop trying to make me. I love PvE, why isn’t that good enough for you?

and Anet? you can apply this “more choices = better” philosophy to pretty much all aspects of the game.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’m going to go ahead and guess they have numbers backing up that people who try new game modes tend to continue playing those game modes. People tend to shy away from PvP, WvW and dungeon running because they’re scared they won’t know what they’re doing and people will scream at them. Once you realize it’s not complicated at all, people stick around. That’s been my experience based on anecdotes, I’m sure Anet has more than enough stats or they wouldn’t have changed it.

Also, it seems they will always offer a selection of dailies that can be completed in any game mode. For example today I played 3 PvP games and finished all 5 dailies. Things like dodger, daily kills, leveler, etc., can be completed in PvP.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m going to go ahead and guess they have numbers backing up that people who try new game modes tend to continue playing those game modes. People tend to shy away from PvP, WvW and dungeon running because they’re scared they won’t know what they’re doing and people will scream at them. Once you realize it’s not complicated at all, people stick around. That’s been my experience based on anecdotes, I’m sure Anet has more than enough stats or they wouldn’t have changed it.

Also, it seems they will always offer a selection of dailies that can be completed in any game mode. For example today I played 3 PvP games and finished all 5 dailies. Things like dodger, daily kills, leveler, etc., can be completed in PvP.

Many of us have played all game modes. That doesn’t mean Anet should try to force us to do them when we don’t like them. This goes for everyone, PvE, PvP, WvW. The new system is trying to force our hand. It is trying to funnel players into game modes they would not normally do. And for what? Do PvP players really want people that don’t like PvP on their teams? Do WvW players really want people that don’t care for WvW taking their spot in the queue? I think not. I don’t PvP but if I did I would not be a fan of having a bunch of players that couldn’t care less on my team just to get their dailies.

If Anet really wants to promote different game modes they should do more to make them interesting and wanted by players that like that particular style of play. Trying to force people into it is the wrong answer.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

It’s good from some aspect, and bad from some aspect.
For example if you play for ap leaderboards and doing all achievements, you have less daily work now, it makes this easier.

Surely the better fix is not less dailies, but only count the first 5 for ap??

Yes that would be a good system. For example only 10 of 20(or 5 of 20) daily choice counts for ap.
So people can choose whatever dailies they want, and do 10 of them. Both ap leaderboard players and others would be happy.

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

Anet keeps kittenting on themselves with those changes, plus its everything about this patch is mostly bugged, they probably didnt event test it and just tossed it on.

You can still get daily by just doing PvP cuz its bugged and still runs in background, but i didnt get laurel when completing it, not even by completing normal one.

JustTrogdor.7892

It would be nice to see a red post on this given the impact this change has on all of us. I’m not expecting it but hey I can dream. LOL

This thread has over 6000 reads. So for all you lurkers, you need to speak up about how you feel regarding this change. ;P

The Burninator

Fluffball.8307

snip

You only responded to half of my quote. Ok, you’ve already tried all the game modes (a lot of people haven’t, and ANet would like them to I’m sure.) The other half of my quote is you can get your daily in any of the modes.

Examples of new dailies now available in PvP (assuming they still exist):

• daily kills
  • condition applier
  • condition remover
  • daily dodger
  • Skill interrupter
  • daily reviver
  • recycler
  • mystic forgesmith
  • leveler
  • skill point accumulator

Personally, I’m finding it easier to get my dailies done now, since no matter what game mode I feel like playing I’m making progress.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I got my daily twice. Did 9 of 10 yesterday, got the daily.
Later I won 5 solo arena PvP matches and got the daily again (got coin, luck, coin, exp – no laurel)

JustTrogdor.7892

-snip-

That’s nice and all but some people don’t want to PvP, or WvW and those that don’t want to do so should not be funneled into it just because Anet wants them to. In your example PvP players have an advantage because they can also achieve things like daily dodger and condition remover while in PvP. PvE players don’t have that luxury. I can’t kill 50 mobs or do PvE events and get credit for Daily Player Kills or Daily Matches Played for example.

The Burninator

Posted by: Audrey.7246

Audrey.7246

It would be nice to see a red post on this given the impact this change has on all of us. I’m not expecting it but hey I can dream. LOL

This thread has over 6000 reads. So for all you lurkers, you need to speak up about how you feel regarding this change. ;P

Un-lurking

I too would like more options for each play mode and would not object to being limited receiving credit for five each day.

Fluffball.8307

-snip-

That’s nice and all but some people don’t want to PvP.

So don’t. There are only 2 dailies specifically for PvP! I’m giving an example of how you can accomplish the daily in any of the 3 modes.

JustTrogdor.7892

-snip-

That’s nice and all but some people don’t want to PvP.

So don’t. There are only 2 dailies specifically for PvP! I’m giving an example of how you can accomplish the daily in any of the 3 modes.

You don’t get it. Myself and many others in this thread PvE only. Now instead of being able to pick 5 out of 10 options to do we only get 5. If we don’t like one or two out of those 5 for whatever reason we are either forced to play a game mode we don’t want or miss out on the daily. Before we had much more choice because there were 10 options. Sure dailies can be achieved across modes, but that is the problem for those that don’t want to PvP or WvW. It is a step back and it seems apparent that Anet is trying to force game modes on people. “Hey, Play PVP!” “Really, Play it! You’ll like it!” “Oh you did and don’t like it? Well, hey now play PvP!” “Seriously! We want you to play PvP and WvW even if you don’t like it!” “Look, if you want this then PvP!”

The Burninator

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Anet just can’t win with the dailies, if there are too many dailies you have people complaining that they HAVE to spend 4 hours every day just finishing all the dailies. These new dailies you can still get your 5/5 in 15 minutes most of the time and you can finish all 10 in an hour so I think they will keep this system. At worst PvPers have to spend 5 minutes in PvE chopping a few trees if they want their daily.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Anet just can’t win with the dailies, if there are too many dailies you have people complaining that they HAVE to spend 4 hours every day just finishing all the dailies. These new dailies you can still get your 5/5 in 15 minutes most of the time and you can finish all 10 in an hour so I think they will keep this system. At worst PvPers have to spend 5 minutes in PvE chopping a few trees if they want their daily.

But too many dailies isn’t an issue now, since, AT THE SAME TIME that they cut back on types of dailies, they also capped the AP you can get from doing them. So, this move REALLY REALLY makes no sense and limits people because now they may feel forced to do something they don’t enjoy just to get the laurel. ANet has done a 180 on the dailies. Simple as that. It would be super appreciated for an ANet person to comment on whether or not they would consider changing it back.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

However, if all you have to do in the game is log on once a day to do your dailies then it’s really time to take a big break from the game. If enough people did this then maybe it would encourage ANet to release some REAL content for this stale finished game. Dying world updates every month or so aren’t cutting it for me, and neither is shaking the trait system around while leaving profession balance in the big mess it’s in.

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Now I only have a choice of 6 non-WvW, non-sPvP dailies?.

Used to be that you had no choice; you did the 4 given to you and you liked it.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

At worst PvPers have to spend 5 minutes in PvE chopping a few trees if they want their daily.

I think it is mostly us PvEers worried we are going to have to crash the PvP zones and run around mashing the 1 key until we accidentally complete our fifth daily, or else get pushed into funky stuff like the daily activities or puzzle jumping.

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

I’ll have to re-adopt a playstyle I was glad I could get rid off: doing the daily as a chore on multiple characters, instead of doing it while actually playing the game.

I really liked the change a while back and am severely disappointed in the removal of that change.

This x 1,000. or 1,000,000,000,000.

Until now, I thought the daily system in this game was one of the best I’ve seen because it was very flexible.

/agreed.

Its funny how the majority of those complaining are PvE purists when WvW and PvP players lost far more of their dailies (PvP players lost…what? 4 of 6 dailies specific to PvP?)

Count me in as someone who is specifically unhappy about the loss of sPvP-specific dailies. Sometimes I was in the mood for PvE, and sometimes PvP. Now I have to move around no matter what I feel like doing. SOOO short-sighted to try and use DAILIES (something folks do every DAY) to entice players to try something new. There had to be a better way to do that.

For me, the extra dailies were a way to maybe ‘catch up’ in total AP points to folks that get AP points in other ways.

What concerns me more now is my choices are limited.

+1 on both points. I’m in both camps. When I had extra time, I’d do “extra” dailies. And more choice is ALWAYS good.

As someone who used to stress over doing every single daily in every single category every single day, this, along with the 10,000k-AP-from-dalies cap, is a very welcome stress-relieving change. For everyone else… Yes, play-as-you-want is one of Anet’s core promises with GW2, but they also have a vision to unify all game modes. It’s hard to compromise between the two, and I think having to do one or two new thing that you don’t normally do isn’t too time consuming or unreasonable. I think Anet also wants to challenge players to step out and try new things, especially when they work so hard to improve every game mode. Give it a shot, who knows, maybe you’ll discover you enjoy pvp, or pve, or wvw. And if you don’t, it’s not like the game is ruined just because you need to occasionally do one or two little thing if you really want a laural for that particular day.

I’d really like to hear from a Dev specifically on this viewpoint. But here is my take on this:

I am sympathetic to completionists, as in days past I considered myself to be one. BUT:

a) Many/most of us have tried all the modes. Some of us like them all, but enjoyed the flexibility the old achievement system provided. Some truly do not enjoy the other mode, and no amount of dailies is going to change their mind.

b) I just really doubt that the people who did ALL of the available dailies were in the majority vs. folks that just did some. If ANet can show me metrics to contradict this, I will wholeheartedly support this change. I feel your pain, I do, but to me it is a lot like the account wallet when it launched. I was one of the folks who liked to let my alts “earn” their own keep. Mixing all the money together meant I could no longer easily do this. BUT I could see that for the majority of players, this was a great convenience, and I think the change was ultimately for the better for the community. In THIS case, if the change was truly done to ease the burden of completionists, I believe it was done to accommodate the minority which makes no business sense at all. If it was done in an attempt to “force” people into alternate modes, it is misguided, as people will gravitate towards what they enjoy and simply will resent the game for its limitations.

Seems like a change needs to be done to the Leaderboards, if this at all was a factor in the decision, to allow all the rest of us who just played for fun to continue doing so.

And no, maybe the game isn’t “ruined.” But if this change lowers in any way the fun factor for the MAJORITY of players in this game, it is not the right way to go.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I do not like it.
It feels very restricting just as does the new boss rotation thing.

Bad move.

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

(Not sure how to specifically quote multiple previous messages, so just copied and pasted here.)

• Basket of Boxes.1976 – You guys can thank the people who didn’t have the self control to leave a few dailies undone every once in a while and instead needed Anet to take them away. They are also a big reason for having the dailies and monthlies capped now which will really slow progress to any future AP skins.

Actually no, Anet did not need to take it away because people chose to complete more dailies than required to get the 5 for the achievement. There are other solutions if they felt this was an issue. They could have capped the daily AP award without limiting people from doing dailies this drastically.

• MrRuin.9740 – Its funny how the majority of those complaining are PvE purists when WvW and PvP players lost far more of their dailies (PvP players lost…what? 4 of 6 dailies specific to PvP?)

What is even funnier is the people who do not see (apparently including you) that many of the same arguments posted by these “PvE purists” also apply to people who are PvP and/or WvW purists as well Ruin. Limiting the dailies this drastically also could be seen as an attempt to force WvW players into PvP or PvE even if they do not want to do that. Once again, the simple and best solution as far as not appearing to be trying to force the players into doing other parts of the game they might not want to, and creating a HUGE feeling of resentment over it, is limit the daily points awarded (which I am opposed to in principal by the way). That way, people still have the larger pile of daily items to choose from, be it PvE, WvW, or PvP, or any combination of the 3.

As has been suggested before, simple way to cut back on achievement point hogs as some people might see them. Personally, I do not have an issue with it, but impose daily achievement point rewards so that there is like 5-10 max points awarded each day from the dailies. Personally, I think it should be whatever they (the player) decide to do because they are putting in the effort to do them, but at a minimum it should be more than 5 to allow the people who go above and beyond just the 5 should have something extra, and limit the monthly max total to say 8 items get credit from a larger pile, from EACH area, for the same reason. Hugely cutting back the amount of available dailies was a bad way to do this. I think the argument can be made more for they were trying to force people into playing other areas that they might not want to play with this “improvement”.

You can encourage people to play other parts of the game all you want. However. squeezing them into playing another part of the game that many do not want is not the right way to do this, if you want to keep your customer base (the players).

Anet has taken a heavy handed approach on this supposed problem. It would be nice that if this was for a programming reason that someone official said so on the various threads addressing this issue. I have other issues with this supposed improvement, which I have posted on other threads, so will not rehash them here.

(edited by Lyssan.3768)

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Anet, combining PvP and PvE achievements into a single daily is fine, but, please return the total number of achievements to what it once was.

The problem with the old system was that a very small minority forced themselves to complete every single daily each day because they cared about the leaderboards. However, this issue has been resolved by placing a cap on the daily achievements.

Currently, you are harming a much larger playerbase by having people do content they don’t want to, in order to get the daily completed. Previously, I could go off and do whatever I wanted and either complete my daily or get pretty darn close. Now, if I want to finish my daily I need to go far out of my way to complete the daily.

In February you even wrote;

“Choose Your Own Daily Achievements

With our new selectable achievement system, you’ll have a chance to set new daily challenges for yourself and to choose what kind of content you want to be rewarded for playing."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/february-2013/

I know companies can change their mind on things, and even agree with it, if it is for the betterment of the game. However, I see no benefits in limiting daily achievements so much.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

The people who did that are such a small part of the population they shouldn’t matter. No one cares about the leaderboards. I’ve never once heard a friend, guildie, or anyone in map chat EVEN ONCE talk about the leaderboards. It’s a non-issue. The illusion that it matters is why it was a mistake to ever create leaderboards for anything other than sPvP.

I seriously doubt Achievement Point hunters are the reason they did this. Especially since they capped it anyway. Much more likely is they are trying to funnel us to different game modes. But that’s unneeded as well. The reward tracks are awesome. If those can’t get casual PvE’ers into PvP then they never will. If WvW needs help then up the season rewards again. But don’t take away choice. That’s what the daily achievements were supposed to give us. They were supposed to give us a short term goal anytime we logged on, doing anything we felt like doing.

Anything that takes away from that simple goal is losing sight of the forest for the trees. It’s as simple as that.

Don’t lose sight of the big picture ANet. This is a casual friendly game. This is a casual unfriendly move and it effects every player, pretty much every day.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I am really not liking these new dailies. I don’t PvE so if I can’t do it in WvW it doesn’t get done. I pity the hardcore PvP players, they have like 0 chance of getting theirs done.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

Posting here to also voice my displeasure with the decreased number of daily options. Dunno who on ANet thought this was a good idea, but it’s not.

Posted by: Persian Mage.5617

Persian Mage.5617

So not being a “lurker”, I would also like to see an official reply to this thread, considering the fact that they are redirecting other people with the same problem/opinion to this discussion.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The devs just want one thread to see which way the wind is blowing.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I didn’t write down previous dailies, but it looks to me that

• Daily Kills
  • Daily Events
  • Leveler
  • Recycler

PvE dailies are now in the list on a permanent basis. Am I wrong?

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The reason why it was changed from that state was because people didn’t like it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

This entire patch has felt like nothing but a bunch of limitations being placed on us, and a bunch of options being stripped away.

And yet ANet has the nerve to act like we’ve been given even more options.

Somewhere, a disconnect is occurring between player feedback and what ANet actually sees and hears. It’s like there’s this middleman and a game of “Telephone” is being played.

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

The reason why it was changed from that state was because people didn’t like it.

Exactly. This is one of the few patches I remember that nobody had anything bad to say about. Everybody was happy with the new system. Why revert it back (almost) to the outdated system?

I guess they’re thinking that the “ideal player” will come online, figure that the PvE-dailies will take too much effort and try sPvP or WvW instead. In reality though, those strict PvE players will go online, look at the daily and if they feel that it’s not worth the hustle just log off again.

Seems to me like another failed attempt to get every player engaged with every part of the game. Whatever happened to “play what you want”. It increasingly feels like “play what we want you to want.”

Posted by: constantLogic.3486

constantLogic.3486

This entire patch has felt like nothing but a bunch of limitations being placed on us, and a bunch of options being stripped away.

And yet ANet has the nerve to act like we’ve been given even more options.

Somewhere, a disconnect is occurring between player feedback and what ANet actually sees and hears. It’s like there’s this middleman and a game of “Telephone” is being played.

I think the disconnect has been there for a long time, only in very specific areas, such as (let me repeat myself for the millionth time) the horrid class balancing. Now it’s branching out as they try to push everyone to become mode mixers, except the ones that obviously are of course.

Problem is, as has been stated many times before, there are a lot of us that only like one mode, be it pvp or pve, and don’t want to mix no matter whether we’ve tried or not. I have no idea what they gain by losing players, but that’s the way they’re headed if they don’t take the fingers out of their ears. I won’t hesitate to say my gem money could go to other companies that do listen, but I hesitate to leave because I don’t want it to. I want to see the game and teams get better, not worse. There’s just so much potential in this game going to waste because they don’t want to hear what their customers (players) have to say.

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Only 10 daily achievements is complicated at the moment.

Today for example, “daily reviver” takes a lot of time : there are not enough NPC or players downed to revive, because there are so many players everywhere that downed NPC are becoming a “critial ressource”.

Just go in Thaumanova Reactor, where there are usually a lot of dead NPC : now, there are nearly always up and there is plenty of plenty running around, rezzing them continuously.

So the problem with so few achievements, is that they are shared by every players. As there are not a lot of achievements to do and everyone is willing to do 5 pve dailyes, it’s becoming problematic.

The solution is simple and easy.

Have a pool of a lot of dailies, just like before (10-12 PvE + 3 WvW + PvP ones).

Every players chose the 10 ones he wants in this pool : only the 10 first grants achievements points.

That way : on ANet side, the goal is the same, reduce AP points granted each day. And
players will have the choice of what they want to do each day, and there won’t be any difficulties to do some achivements that are now quite boring due to the fact that too many players are trying to do them at the same time.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Only 10 daily achievements is complicated at the moment.

Today for example, “daily reviver” takes a lot of time : there are not enough NPC or players downed to revive, because there are so many players everywhere that downed NPC are becoming a “critial ressource”.

Just go in Thaumanova Reactor, where there are usually a lot of dead NPC : now, there are nearly always up and there is plenty of plenty running around, rezzing them continuously.

So the problem with so few achievements, is that they are shared by every players. As there are not a lot of achievements to do and everyone is willing to do 5 pve dailyes, it’s becoming problematic.

The solution is simple and easy.

Have a pool of a lot of dailies, just like before (10-12 PvE + 3 WvW + PvP ones).

Every players chose the 10 ones he wants in this pool : only the 10 first grants achievements points.

That way : on ANet side, the goal is the same, reduce AP points granted each day. And
players will have the choice of what they want to do each day, and there won’t be any difficulties to do some achivements that are now quite boring due to the fact that too many players are trying to do them at the same time.

I have a few personal stories that I havent completed. So for down, I go to one, let the npc’s die, res them, let them die again..and so on.
Takes awhile, which is one fo the reason why I’d rather choice on the daily.

Used to get the daily done in about 40min. now… not even close. \=

choice is good anet, lots of choice! dont take it from us ):

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I agree that there should be more options, allow people to finish their daily by truely doing what they want to do. The only way to accomplish that is by giving the amount of options we had previously as a minimum (so basically the old pvp + pve daily combined or more would be even better).

Posted by: Balraw.3196

Balraw.3196

I don’t post here much but felt I needed to add my voice to this topic.

To keep it simple and to the point forcing me into parts of the game I have little or no interest will make me lose interest in the game. For me personally it’s likely I will simply move onto some other game that I find more agreeable.

Here’s hoping Anet see sense and change it back soon.

Posted by: Lostyus.4250

Lostyus.4250

What a nonsense post. The people with OCD that feel they have to do all daily’s are a tiny amount compared to the rest of the population that do them for fun or just as part of their ‘playing’. It would be the same as catering for people who have this type of OCD and feel they must collect all resource nodes on a map and Anet coming a long and reducing the amount of nodes.

It’d be like someone complaining “shops shouldn’t sell chocolate, I can’t resist it and it’s making me fat” well maybe that person needs to control them selves, instead of trying to limit everyone else’s choice, to cater for the few.

When I/we play, we play for fun, we like having a lot of choice (as it was) to be able to do the dailys without having to go out of our way and do things that we don’t enjoy.

Sometimes I only have a couple of hours online, so i want to be able to play how i want, i don’t play PvP so i don’t want to go there as it won’t be fun for me, it’ll be a chore, it’ll be like working.

Anet could have ‘won’ if they kept the amount of PvE (etc) daily’s that they already had (and that people were happy with) but limited the amount of AP people could earn.

Try reading some of the posts as to why people don’t want to and shouldn’t have to go to other modes to complete daily’s.

Posted by: Lyssia.4637

Lyssia.4637

I am no fan of the reduced Daily options, but today, there are 5 PvE Dailies, not just 4.

Leveler
Recycler
Daily Events
Daily Dodger
Daily Gatherer

Plus, Dungeon Completer for those that enjoy Dungeons.

Let’s be accurate with our information, at least. =)

That was my bad, and I am sorry for that. I’d already finished Daily Gatherer when I posted, and didn’t realize that it now automatically removes from the list the ones you finished. Mea culpa!

Posted by: Lyssia.4637

Lyssia.4637

“You could level a bit and then do the dungeon.”

Except that I have two small (under the age of 2) children at home and am another person who gets maybe 2 hours to play a night if I’m lucky. I CAN level, and almost certainly will eventually, but not in time to get the daily.

Seems like a lot of these changes are really geared toward trying to force “casual” gamers to be more dedicated. Thing is, as mentioned before, people really do have lives. GW1 was great because it was perfect for those who had limited time and just wanted to jump on for an hour and run a couple of quests or a mission, and I seem to recall Anet bragging about that fact. Very sad that they are continuing to choose to abandon that style for something no one really seems to like.

Edit: Sorry for not quoting properly, the formatting is mad at me for some reason and won’t show it.

Lostyus.4250

I didn’t write down previous dailies, but it looks to me that

• Daily Kills
  • Daily Events
  • Leveler
  • Recycler

PvE dailies are now in the list on a permanent basis. Am I wrong?

I think because of the backlash they have had daily’s like that recently to appease those unhappy with the change, thing is, yeah they may be easy to get, and can be gotten in the course of play, but if its the same things every day then they will get stale really fast and it won’t have the feeling of completion.

It just seems like a step backwards to me and as someone else said, I don’t see any positive side to this.

I was going to buy a lot of trans charges (I have two toons under lvl 80, one lvl 3 and one lvl 56) I was going to use the new wardrobe system to make sure they had the same looking sets of armour right through the lvl’ing up to lvl 80, but I won’t be spending any cash until this is sorted. Which TBH will make me feel less like playing.

If Anet wants to be stubborn (and not listen to its user base) then I will also be stubborn and show my protest by not spending money in their gem store.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It seems that the recently dailies had 3 pvp, 3 wvw, 2 pve, and 2 anywhere. meaning that in order to get laurels, you were forced to go into pvp or wvw. used to be something like 4 pvp, 4 wvw, 4 pve, and 4 anywhere, so you could get it no matter where you wanted to play. I do not like being incited to play parts of the game I don’t want to be playing.

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

PVP actually is not difficult at all. Its just finding a game that is not full elitist jerks that is difficult. Check the PVP browser list to see if someone created a “Dailies Only” game.

Im only rank 14 in PVP and considered very casual and so far I have not come across too many bullies.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Pretty bad change really. I thought the old system was better, since it was just in and out playing mostly whatever you wanted.

I suppose I could just tolerate 5 generic dailies (just 1 more in addition to what we have here), and the rest can be whatever gimmick they want. But don’t think for a moment the daily carrot is going to convince me to play something I won’t especially since dailies will be capped anyways….

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I think because of the backlash they have had daily’s like that recently to appease those unhappy with the change, thing is, yeah they may be easy to get, and can be gotten in the course of play, but if its the same things every day then they will get stale really fast and it won’t have the feeling of completion.

It just seems like a step backwards to me and as someone else said, I don’t see any positive side to this.

Not saying that you’re wrong, but I would actually prefer to have those permanently. Too many times I had to go to some 1-15 Ascalonian map and look for random events late at night just to finish the last daily – and that was neither fun nor accomplishment; it just felt like a job.

To say the truth, neither of previous dailies were of any challenge to me. Aquatic Slayer was time-consuming and frustrating, map events were too restrictive… A lot of people asked to make dailies feel more natural, and those four have it as natural as possible – and you just have to throw in something different as a 5th one. If those 4 actually stay there every day, I will be happy as it will make my dailies a lot less of a chore.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Put it back the way it was. That is all.

JustTrogdor.7892

PVP actually is not difficult at all. Its just finding a game that is not full elitist jerks that is difficult. Check the PVP browser list to see if someone created a “Dailies Only” game.

Im only rank 14 in PVP and considered very casual and so far I have not come across too many bullies.

It doesn’t have anything to do with it being difficult or not. It has to do with Anet trying to usher players into game modes they don’t enjoy. I consider myself a fairly decent player, at least on my Mesmer, and could probably hold my own in PvP. The thing is, I can’t stand PvP and nothing Anet can do is going to change that fact. PvP players don’t want people like me in PvP because we will be disinterested and just do the absolute minimum to get our daily and leave.

The big issue is the lack of options now on the daily, this affects PvE players and PvP players. In the old system there were more options for both game modes. Now everyone is limited in their choice.

The Burninator

Lostyus.4250

Not saying that you’re wrong, but I would actually prefer to have those permanently. Too many times I had to go to some 1-15 Ascalonian map and look for random events late at night just to finish the last daily – and that was neither fun nor accomplishment; it just felt like a job.

To say the truth, neither of previous dailies were of any challenge to me. Aquatic Slayer was time-consuming and frustrating, map events were too restrictive… A lot of people asked to make dailies feel more natural, and those four have it as natural as possible – and you just have to throw in something different as a 5th one. If those 4 actually stay there every day, I will be happy as it will make my dailies a lot less of a chore.

I do see your point and I agree because I play through each area, (all 1-15, then onto 15-25 etc) and I want to ‘play how I want’, I didn’t like having to go to other maps to complete daily’s either. But instead of going into that much detail, I just took what I assume to be the ‘group’ view.

I did enjoy some of the other daily’s as it would add some variety to my gameplay (kill one champion) but a lot of people on here do the daily’s as the challenge itself. If they stay as above yes, i could handle them, but I think it’ll still leave a lot of people unhappy.