Only game which you can...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I have been playing with game since BWE1, I have 2 legendarie weapons, a bunch of items and gold. .

Yet you are complaining about not being able to get items. Haha you’re funny.

I am not complain about not getting items, its about how you get the items. It pure farm gold buy matts its not like your doing, lets say, 10 Dynamic events on each map, collecting a certain token. After you have done that, you combine all tokens and get a item on the lvl of Volcanus. This is just a example, im not saying that how it should work.

So are saying Anet should just hand everyone a cool item just because u grind for a certain amount of time? What’s the point of the game if everyone has the same item and pol who don’t work hard gets the same s…t as u do

You clearly do not understand what I am trying to get to. This is about not wanting to spend time grinding for a item. It is about what you have to do to obtain a item. Its not like I can grind fractals and get a Ascended armor set, or I cant run a set amount of dungeons for Foefire’s essence or do a chain of difficult quest to get a precursor.

Of u don’t want to spend time grinding for an item then just don’t get that item period. This is Guild Wars and if this is how they set the rules of getting a cool and if u want it then follow the steps.

Lmfao are you not reading what im saying? I said its not about not spending time its about what you are doing in that time being spent.

Read the stuffs I put out again. U’re lost.

vvuevv

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

I have been playing with game since BWE1, I have 2 legendarie weapons, a bunch of items and gold. .

I am not complain about not getting items, its about how you get the items. It pure farm gold buy matts its not like your doing, lets say, 10 Dynamic events on each map, collecting a certain token. After you have done that, you combine all tokens and get a item on the lvl of Volcanus. This is just a example, im not saying that how it should work.

So are saying Anet should just hand everyone a cool item just because u grind for a certain amount of time? What’s the point of the game if everyone has the same item and pol who don’t work hard gets the same s…t as u do

What’s the point in playing a game you have .76% chance in 2109 tries of getting something you desire aka a precursor.

What’s the point of playing a game in which you kill one of the hardest bosses in game 80 time’s (Teq) and open all 80 bags and receive nothing but blues and greens.

See the point?

That’s y it’s call RNG doesn’t matter if u kill it a million times if it’s RNG then it’s rng. You’re expecting too much

No I am expecting something reasonable and so are obviously are a lot of other players.

I can’t recall a game in which I killed an top tier boss 80 times and never received anything worthwhile for the effort.

If I invest that much time I require something in return – And this is one of the largest problems with GW2 currently.

There is absolutely no rewarding feeling when playing this game for far to many players.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

If u’re smart u would stop doing Teq event by now. I just laugh and feel sorry for ppl that spent so much time on events like Teq and gets nothing and comes on here and complain.

vvuevv

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Let’s define our terms.

Grind: In a video game context means having to do something you do not enjoy to be able to do something or have something you enjoy.

Anything from gold, karma, laurels, gear, levels, to ascended items & materials can be obtained from doing nearly anything in GW2. This means dungeons, temple events in Orr, dynamic events, WvW, sPvP, gathering, living story events, fractals, jumping puzzles, personal story, mini-games, world bosses…basically the entire game.

If all or most of these elements of the game seem like a ‘grind’ to a player (by definition is not enjoyable) then they are absolutely correct in subjectively feeling GW2 is a grindy game to them. They also by definition do not enjoy this game at all.

If you dislike all the parts of something, the sum of it’s parts will be equally disliked.

I for one truly enjoy nearly every aspect of this game, so I personally see no ‘grind’ at all. I just feel like I’m playing the game, and enjoying it.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

What’s the point in playing a game you have .76% chance in 2109 tries of getting something you desire aka a precursor.

What’s the point of playing a game in which you kill one of the hardest bosses in game 80 time’s (Teq) and open all 80 bags and receive nothing but blues and greens.

See the point?

That’s y it’s call RNG doesn’t matter if u kill it a million times if it’s RNG then it’s rng. You’re expecting too much

No I am expecting something reasonable and so are obviously are a lot of other players.

I can’t recall a game in which I killed an top tier boss 80 times and never received anything worthwhile for the effort.

If I invest that much time I require something in return – And this is one of the largest problems with GW2 currently.

There is absolutely no rewarding feeling when playing this game for far to many players.

My guild mates and I are always laughing and joking about rewards (were a wvw focused guild). The thing is, while we always get kitten, I hope it doesn’t change. Its special when we DO get a nice drop. I am personally happy with the game economy as well. Barring they wipe everything, I can’t feasibly see them making an overhaul without majorly shaking up everything. I’d say maybe this isn’t the game for you.

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

Let’s define our terms.

Grind: In a video game context means having to do something you do not enjoy to be able to do something or have something you enjoy.

Anything from gold, karma, laurels, gear, levels, to ascended items & materials can be obtained from doing nearly anything in GW2. This means dungeons, temple events in Orr, dynamic events, WvW, sPvP, gathering, living story events, fractals, jumping puzzles, personal story, mini-games, world bosses…basically the entire game.

If all or most of these elements of the game seem like a ‘grind’ to a player (by definition is not enjoyable) then they are absolutely correct in subjectively feeling GW2 is a grindy game to them. They also by definition do not enjoy this game at all.

If you dislike all the parts of something, the sum of it’s parts will be equally disliked.

I for one truly enjoy nearly every aspect of this game, so I personally see no ‘grind’ at all. I just feel like I’m playing the game, and enjoying it.

I think I need to clarify the point I am trying to get to.

Gw2 was a game where you we’re suppose to play how you like and not have to worry about not being able to afford something you want. With the exception of legendaries. So for example, if I really enjoyed the dynamic events in the game, I can only do that and still be able to get myself a nice set of armor or weaps. The way it is now, is if I want to only do dynamic events, I am not going to get anything I might make 1-1.5g a hour tops.

I am not saying that Gw2 in general is a grindy game, you dont have to grind a day after getting your exotic armor set (unless your build gets nerfed :P) but if you really want something in the game which is expensive like Volcanus, the only viable option is champ farming. Which is grindy according to your definition.

Gw2 is a really fun game but at the same time it can really be grindy for us players who want to look good, which is the progression in this game after lvl 80.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I completely agree. It’s much more satisfying and exhilarating to get a drop of the item you want rather than paying for it with gold. And who is talking about vertical gear progression? The OP has not stated anything like that. You can still have gear/weapons drop in the game without vertical gear progression. One of the biggest design flaws in this game imo, the fact that you aren’t playing the game for the gear more than the gold you need to get to purchase it. This game is all about grinding for gold if you want a specific piece or set. GoldWars2 for sure. I mean who actually defeats bosses and champs and dungeons, etc for a certain precursor? Nobody.

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Gw2, from my experience, is the only game which you can spend countless hours grinding for a item you really want, but not get it. Gw2 is a great game but the RNG and lack of options to obtain certain armor/weaps is really depressing. I dont know if its because NCsoft wanted it this way so people buy more gems or what, but this really needs to change.

Please. I played a warrior on Aion. Some boss mob that only spawned in a PvP zone every 3 days had a 1% chance to drop a pole spear I absolutely needed. After farming him with my guild for months, he finally dropped the spear, and then some new warrior in the guild rolled on it and won it over my roll. I always sucked at rolling. It was right around that time I quit that game.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

This is both far from the only game in which this happens and far from being the worst game in which this happens.

Nonetheless, it does suck, in every game in which it appears, and I wish ANet had had the guts to try a different type of loot system instead of copy/pasting the same old crap with individual loot drops instead of group.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I had the same problem with some drops I wanted in Guild Wars 1, ergo this is not the only game it happens it. It’s also happened in other games…in fact, most MMOs have some rare drops that you have to get ultra lucky to get.

Beast Sos.1457

Gw2, from my experience, is the only game which you can spend countless hours grinding for a item you really want, but not get it. Gw2 is a great game but the RNG and lack of options to obtain certain armor/weaps is really depressing. I dont know if its because NCsoft wanted it this way so people buy more gems or what, but this really needs to change.

Please. I played a warrior on Aion. Some boss mob that only spawned in a PvP zone every 3 days had a 1% chance to drop a pole spear I absolutely needed. After farming him with my guild for months, he finally dropped the spear, and then some new warrior in the guild rolled on it and won it over my roll. I always sucked at rolling. It was right around that time I quit that game.

What I am saying is that, whatever you want in gw2 you have to grind gold. Unless your one of those ppl who will wait years for a high end exotic. What I am asking for is options. I dont want to run the champ train just to afford something I really want. I am willing to put in the time and effort which doesnt mean grinding. Grind meaning boring repetitive and time consuming.

Like I said I dont mind working for a certain item and taking time to get it. The problem is the way it is now, we am forced to champ farm if we want to obtain something valuable. What I am asking for is options to obtain items like volcanus, mist weaps, ascended armor/weaps, etc.

Beast Sos.1457

This is both far from the only game in which this happens and far from being the worst game in which this happens.

Nonetheless, it does suck, in every game in which it appears, and I wish ANet had had the guts to try a different type of loot system instead of copy/pasting the same old crap with individual loot drops instead of group.

I am not complain on the low drop rates but on how you obtain items. Which is grind a bunch of gold, aka champ farm, then buy what you want. The game becomes more of a job than a game at that point.

A example of what I mean would be, to get a high end exotic in gw2, you have to run Arah, TA, CoE, SE and collect a certain type of token that only drops off the trash mob. Once you collect a certain amount, you combine them together and are rewarded with Wall of the Mists, which is a shield. This is just a example dont take it word for word.

Beast Sos.1457

I had the same problem with some drops I wanted in Guild Wars 1, ergo this is not the only game it happens it. It’s also happened in other games…in fact, most MMOs have some rare drops that you have to get ultra lucky to get.

I am not against the low drop rates, what I am against is the fact that gold=everything. And best way to get gold is to champ farm, unless your one of those ppl that make hundreds of gold a day on the TP.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

OP seem to not really have played many MMORPG games.
Compared to other MMOs, GW2 introduced so far the quickest leveling to max and gearing up properly.
I did play couple of grindy and with a really rng + luck based games which could drive me crazy, and I’ve seen loads of people to rage quit due to rng trolling them daily.

Just like WatchTheShow.7203 said.
Aion is a perfect example of rng and bit of grindy thing.
Could make a stories for campfire trips how people raged and quitted due to rng beating them in socketing gear or enchantments.

Could point out Lineage 2 as well, where people finally got the best weapon they farmed for so long and it did end up being destroyed because enchanting failed.

Guild Wars 2 drop system, leveling system, gear system and raid system at this moment is much more player friendly than any game previously could ever have.

Regarding gold – really, in every MMO, in every game, if you want to get top notch stuff you have to pay for it, and it’s not cheap. Either you pay with your time battling vs rng drop rate in instances or vs certain bosses, or you purchase it from broker.
I have yet to see a guy with 200 ascend greatswords or staffs giving them out to every random level 80, or for symbolic 5 gold.

Same goes for crafting. Crafting shouldn’t be easy. Especially when you’re aiming for the best weapon/gear available currently in game.
You know what’s even funnier.
After playing Aion, and being used to such rng craft as in there, I’m pretty much happy with current craft available in GW2, as you have a 100% chance to craft an item and it takes a couple of mins to recraft 1k materials unlike in Aion where you would spend around an hour.

I’m not saying that GW2 is the best, and go full wannabe over it, but don’t turn pros into cons because you want it to be even easier than it already is :/

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

While everyone goes back and forth arguing for or against this particular treadmill, we’ve all forgotten one thing:

What about creating a near endless stream of NEW content that is also rewarding?

I seem to recall that originally, GW2 was supposed to let you play any content you wanted to get the rewards you wanted (isn’t that what Karma was supposed to be?) while a small amount of content (dungeons) would have specific rewards that were primarily cosmetic.

What happened to that?

The devs have shifted from creating new content, to figuring out how to get people to repeat content for pointless rewards that no one even really wants anyway…..

Skinner box again.

So, how about we focus on pressuring them into the one thing that actually matters: creating TONS of new content.

Beast Sos.1457

OP seem to not really have played many MMORPG games.
Compared to other MMOs, GW2 introduced so far the quickest leveling to max and gearing up properly.
I did play couple of grindy and with a really rng + luck based games which could drive me crazy, and I’ve seen loads of people to rage quit due to rng trolling them daily.

Just like WatchTheShow.7203 said.
Aion is a perfect example of rng and bit of grindy thing.
Could make a stories for campfire trips how people raged and quitted due to rng beating them in socketing gear or enchantments.

Could point out Lineage 2 as well, where people finally got the best weapon they farmed for so long and it did end up being destroyed because enchanting failed.

Guild Wars 2 drop system, leveling system, gear system and raid system at this moment is much more player friendly than any game previously could ever have.

Regarding gold – really, in every MMO, in every game, if you want to get top notch stuff you have to pay for it, and it’s not cheap. Either you pay with your time battling vs rng drop rate in instances or vs certain bosses, or you purchase it from broker.
I have yet to see a guy with 200 ascend greatswords or staffs giving them out to every random level 80, or for symbolic 5 gold.

Same goes for crafting. Crafting shouldn’t be easy. Especially when you’re aiming for the best weapon/gear available currently in game.
You know what’s even funnier.
After playing Aion, and being used to such rng craft as in there, I’m pretty much happy with current craft available in GW2, as you have a 100% chance to craft an item and it takes a couple of mins to recraft 1k materials unlike in Aion where you would spend around an hour.

I’m not saying that GW2 is the best, and go full wannabe over it, but don’t turn pros into cons because you want it to be even easier than it already is :/

No one is understanding my point. I am not saying gw2 is a grindy game in general. I am saying if you do want a high end item in gw2 you HAVE to grind. When I say grind I mean doing something that is boring repetitive and time consuming. Something can be time consuming but not a grind. For exmaple, KN20 man raid in Tera. If I want the top tier armor I would have to run in repetitively but the raid was actually fun so it didnt feel like a grind.

Every game is going to have a grind but when it comes to gw2 if you want mist weaps you have to grind gold, if you want a legendary grind gold, if you want ascended gear grind gold. Other than the dungeon vendor, if you want armor or weapons you have to grind gold.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I logged in just so that I could comment on this with…

ARE YOU JOKING ME???

Is there even such thing as a game where this isn’t the case lmfao?

Coming from somebody that played runescape for just about a decade, I do not sympathize with you OP.

Beast Sos.1457

ARE YOU JOKING ME???

Coming from somebody that played runescape for just about a decade, I don’t what even know is this 12 I am and what. Beep boop bop.

Clearly you are ignorant and have no idea what I am talking about.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

ARE YOU JOKING ME???

I take it you’ve missed the hundreds of previous threads where this has been discussed.

The OP is correct but I doubt anet will listen its all been said before.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

ARE YOU JOKING ME???

Coming from somebody that played runescape for just about a decade, I do not sympathize with you OP.

That doesn’t make it ok.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know. I don’t ‘grind for gold’. A person can, if they wish to, but it isn’t necessary. You can go out and collect the mats to craft, say, Ascended Weapons or Armor. You can wait for special items to drop. It takes more time, maybe more effort, but their are choices.

For you, you said doing a raid in some other game, was repetitive, but not a ‘grind’ because you enjoyed it. For others, that would be the epitome of ‘grind’. Some people may enjoy Champ farming, so do not consider it a ‘grind’. It’s really very subjective.

At least, there are choices in the game. And, for me, that allows me to ‘play as I want to play’, and still be able to obtain the items I want. /shrug

Beast Sos.1457

I don’t know. I don’t ‘grind for gold’. A person can, if they wish to, but it isn’t necessary. You can go out and collect the mats to craft, say, Ascended Weapons or Armor. You can wait for special items to drop. It takes more time, maybe more effort, but their are choices.

For you, you said doing a raid in some other game, was repetitive, but not a ‘grind’ because you enjoyed it. For others, that would be the epitome of ‘grind’. Some people may enjoy Champ farming, so do not consider it a ‘grind’. It’s really very subjective.

At least, there are choices in the game. And, for me, that allows me to ‘play as I want to play’, and still be able to obtain the items I want. /shrug

The thing is there are no viable options other than champ farming. Of course you can get anything in the game from just playing but it wont be viable. It will take a 2 years to get a legendary if you play a lot, and that is playing how you want not grinding. Dungeons should be just as rewarding as champ farming without having to speed run the sorter paths.

A big problem is that gold is everything in this game. Other than the dungeon vendors and the trinkets you can get with laurel/fractal relics there are no other option to get armor or weapons than gold. And getting gold in Gw2, if you want to do it the most viable way, is to champ farm. It is not like I can do the dungeons I enjoy and dynamic events I want to do and end up with foefire’s essence in almost the same amount of time someone running the champ train would.

All I am saying is this game needs more options to get the better rewards. The things all pve players want, nice skins. Better in gw2, since there is no better stats, are the skins. This is the progression, imo, for the pve players. And the only viable way to progress is to champ farm as the game is atm.

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

You must be new to video games…

Well this is more about MMO games, not games in general. I played a couple MMOs and whenever I wanted something in them I would be able to get it. It wasnt dependant on my luck but on my effort/time spent.

I’m not commenting on whether the RNG in GW2 is good, bad or needs to be toned down, just on how you’re wrong comparing GW2 to other MMOs.

I don’t know what MMOs you played in the past, but you obviously didn’t play their endgame at a very high level (I’m not talking about whether you reached max level or not, or trying to acquire relatively common dungeon drops).

Take MMOs like WoW and EQ2 and if you’ve ever done any top-tier raiding, you’ll remember that you get to fight a raid boss once a week, then hope your item drops (very low chance), and IF it does drop, THEN you still have to bid DKP against other people in your raid who want that same item. You were, out-bid? Too bad, you go again the following week and rinse and repeat this process.

Compared to other MMOs, RNG in GW2 isn’t bad at all. Yes, RNG for certain things like Ascended weapons chests and precursors are very, very low, but you still have alternative means of acquiring them.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Take MMOs like WoW and EQ2 and if you’ve ever done any top-tier raiding, you’ll remember that you get to fight a raid boss once a week, then hope your item drops (very low chance), and IF it does drop, THEN you still have to bid DKP against other people in your raid who want that same item. You were, out-bid? Too bad, you go again the following week and rinse and repeat this process.

Compared to other MMOs, RNG in GW2 isn’t bad at all. Yes, RNG for certain things like Ascended weapons chests and precursors are very, very low, but you still have alternative means of acquiring them.

You’re talking about old WoW not current WoW which is currently far easier to deck out a toon in BiS gear than in GW2.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may feel 2 years is too long, I don’t feel that way. What is the rush? So, you can ‘finish’ the game? Then, what will you do? Comment on how getting end-game items was too quick? Too easy? If the purpose of gaming is to have fun, why not use the things you find fun to garner the ‘shinies’ you want? If the stats are equivalent, it is not that you will be overly emcumbered by striving to obtain the special item you want in a way you find most fun.

I don’t really understand why anyone would do something they don’t enjoy in a game. It boggles the mind, or, at least, it boggles mine.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I don’t really understand why anyone would do something they don’t enjoy in a game. It boggles the mind, or, at least, it boggles mine.

Because the developers gate things and attempt to modify behavior patterns.

Anyway, 2 years for a Legendary is too long! See, I like having alts. This games grind is alt unfriendly since items are soul bound. Then we can begin talking about Laurels and time gating too. Thus, 2 years x 17 characters = too kittening long!

btw.. that’s 2 years with playing everyday for how many hours??? Reality does come calling for a lot of us. I’d like more reasonable time frames.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.