Only lvl 80 in Group or leave....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

I got a group together one day for AC when I was level 40ish. Everyone else was level 80. They all said they wanted to kick me, but did nothing about it. Everything went perfectly fine in AC, everything was going smooth and I never died, but everyone else in my party got downed at least twice. 2 minutes later, I get a kick and a nice whisper saying, “Don’t come back until you’re level 80”. I sent them a nice message saying, “L2P”. Needless to say, I added them to my friends list so I could plan revenge one day.

I leveled to 80, got a commander title, world completion, and I made a build that let me farm CoF extremely quickly, so quickly in fact, that I actually had people lining up in a queue to join my party for CoF farm runs. So I’m farming one day, and lo and behold, 2 guys that kicked me from AC showed up begging for a run. I let them in. I whisper the other members of the party explaining what happened to me and I tell them my plan. We get to the final boss, and I vote to kick them both when the boss was at 10% health. I got some pretty mean whispers, but all I said was, “Remember me? Now don’t kick lowbies or they may own your life one day”.

The Count of Monte Christo has nothing on you.

omg lol…that was a great one vayne

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Hey guys,

I wanted to compare my feelings about following topic with other players.

A few weeks ago I started a new Character …. at lvl 35 I wanted to go into Dungeons and then everything began…. I got kicked out, insulted etc.. when I dared to join a Group for AC at lvl 35….

It took me about 2 Hours to get together a Group for AC to enter it…!!

In my honest opinion many people have to change their mind in this game….
Of course I didnt join Groups which inteded to Speed-farm it…Just normal runthrough groups…People have to accept that its a Game and that profit is not the most important thing.. It should be fun which is bigger if you share it with others….

To put it in a nutshell: STOP kicking lower levels out of your groups, just because it will take 10 minutes longer…. Lets be a good community and be friendly to everyone!!!

What do you guys think about that?
What is your experience about that topic?

Thanks in advance

Just wait until you start getting kicked for being the wrong class or not having ascended gear. It’ll be even more fun!

I’ve only done one dungeon, EVER, and that was Arah story mode so I could complete my personal story. Mainly, because of how terrible this community can be.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Arena net want this kind of community to keep the game going.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago I started a new Character …. at lvl 35 I wanted to go into Dungeons and then everything began…. I got kicked out, insulted etc.. when I dared to join a Group for AC at lvl 35….

Of course I didnt join Groups which inteded to Speed-farm it…Just normal runthrough groups…People have to accept that its a Game and that profit is not the most important thing.. It should be fun which is bigger if you share it with others….

To put it in a nutshell: STOP kicking lower levels out of your groups, just because it will take 10 minutes longer…. Lets be a good community and be friendly to everyone!!!

Thanks in advance

Just wait until you start getting kicked for being the wrong class or not having ascended gear. It’ll be even more fun!

I’ve only done one dungeon, EVER, and that was Arah story mode so I could complete my personal story. Mainly, because of how terrible this community can be.

Agony resist aside, I have never been kicked by not having ascended gear nor have I’ve encountered a party asking to have ascended gears.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I still don’t know why people don’t join casual guilds if they have this problem.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

It’s Arena’s fault. They made dungeons unfit for lowbies.

Yup. I think the base level requirement is misrepresented as well, explorable paths are really better suited to 80s anyway. Most of the gear you can buy with tokens is max-level.

You can blame the players for that, actually. The original gear found in dungeons were of the level that the explorable was set at (for example AC gear was level 35, CM was 45, etc). Players complained and complained that it wasn’t max level until Arena.net caved.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

On the bright side, who’d wanna play with those people anyway?

I’ll leave any group what kicks people without good reason; and good riddance.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

(edited by Jack of Tears.9458)

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Players complained and complained that it wasn’t max level until Arena.net caved.

This, right here, is Anet’s biggest problem. They need ta stop trying to make everyone happy and just work on the game the way they want to. People what aren’t happy won’t play the game any less, and people what are having a good time will prolly keep having a good time.

Anet wastes too much energy and makes too many problems for themselves by trying ta give players what they think they want this month.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

OP is right, people need to be more open to lower levels. If you have 4 80s and 1 35, or heck even 3 80s and 2 35s it will still be beatable. Especially if that 35 has decent gear for that level. Especially if those 80s know what they are doing. It isn’t that hard.

that is also part of the problem, it’s not just that they are low level, it’s that they are also badly geared aka all in blues.

there’s rare level gear at 30 and 35, with this gear any lowbie can complete the dungeon without being a complete drag on the party or dying every other hit from boss.

and tbh ultimately the real problem is sitting between the pc and the chair !

aka player skill is more important than what level or what gear you are wearing !

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

People take all 80’s cause they want a quick easy run. But at level can be done just as easy. The lvl 31 was his first time in there

Attachments:

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Its funny to hear some of the elitist BS thrown about within this topic.

Its the same crap as when someone just doesnt quite get the mechanics of a boss fight or whatever.
I had it yesterday in the new TA path, this guy didnt speak English so had to have guildies translate for me to give advice on bosses. At one point he said “do you just want me to leave?” I said, “NO of course not. If you want to leave thats fine, but i would prefer that you stay and learn.” It turns out the guy ragequits at the last boss any way… Im gutted… but not because i cant finish the content, because i feel my challenge was to help him through it and i failed at that… Idk, dont get me wrong im not some shining teaching light to lead by example… I have moments of frustration at players sometimes.. but comon..

Now im sorry, but saying total bs like, probably wouldnt clear it etc is not justified at all. Level 80s can die just as easy in most dungeons due to the fact that stats dont really mean anything when alot of mechanics come from dodging any way. To prove this Iv been running alot of dungeons naked recently.
You are scaled to the dungeons level kitten . Correct me if im wrong but the only stats you are gaining is from gear, in which the core damage/armor rating is scaled as well. So therefore your only receiving the stat bonuses (which equate to small percentages), not the core stats them selves. Example;

Level 80 player with exotic gear. Scaled down to level 40. Effectively has the stats of a level 40 player, with level 40 exotic gear.
Therefore has no significant advantage over a level 40 player with blue/green gear. Just a very small statistical one.

And one last thing before angry rant over… If your so kittening desperate to finish content in a specified amount of time.. List your party or LFG post as speed run. Otherwise, shut the kitten up you elitist kittens and play the game as it was intended, with other HUMAN BEINGS not kittening robots with perfect skill and stats. The people that think of other people as a hindrance, have lost touch in the reasons they play these kind of MMOs in the first place, suppose its not their fault…. Having your head up your kittenhole that much has got to be disorientating.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: dalailamer.7291

dalailamer.7291

Today i ran for my 3rd time AC (I play this game from 2 weeks now, and my toon is lvl 38).

LFG looking, found a group, all lvl 80. PANIC.

Turns out i was the only one knowing what to do (story mode).
So i took the lead, explaining what mechanics and whatnot (Vet. WoW player here) and we managed to finish the dungeon almost flawless.

All in al it’s all about how any single player is wiling to contribute to the group, and what he wants to achieve with the run (story/farm/bunnies)

my tips:

- Use LFG and STATE in description what you’re willing to look for (ie: L80 speed run | noob story mode | noob farming | helping noobs | camping the starting wp)

- Whatever group you get, before start, ask and answer clearly what you know and what not.

- Be polite, you may get the chance to find good fellow players which comes in handy when you want to run another dungeon.

- Leave the party ONLY if everyone agrees to do so (seriously, whatever is your gamestyle, it kitten es people off)

- Enjoy

Posted by: Keyska.4105

Keyska.4105

It shouldn’t be beyond commonsense that they cap the DF.
The 80s should be the ones who need to build groups to do them. (under lvl ones I mean) Or dived it somehow…
Just one of many things that makes the game unfriendly in group content for players just starting the game or another character.
Rebalancing the lvl sync would fix nothing.
I don’t know what the answer is other then just capping it. You just cant expect people to be friendly anymore in mmos. (Unless finding a good guild).
Maybe make story mode solo versions at this point. (would be a nice addition; since no one really needs them anymore in mass.)

He wasn’t asking how to get around it.. LFG does nothing for him; Obvious anyway.
His point is it def shouldn’t be that way and Anet only encouraged it by not thinking it through. Bad enough dealing with bad pug in general But to be kicked out of content meant for your lvl range… *fail

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

OP youre doing it wrong. You are suppose to blame anet for this, and spend more time and resources to control player actions. Not for players to take personal responsibilty! Are you mad?!

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I agree with you OP. It’s a totally messed up mentality. The dungeon opens up to you at level X so if you’re level is >= X then you should be able to do it. Unfortunately, previous MMOs have ingrained the idea of “speed runs” and “farming” and the like and there is no way to fix that.

Other MMOs? I cannot think of a single MMO that rewards max level characters for doing low level instances so much that they farm them for coin while excluding the lower level characters that the dungeon was made for… What other MMO has that problem? Heck Most of them don’t even have “farmable” end game instances. and the true end game is hidden behind weeklong raid reset timers.

It’s an Elitist(read WoW and other modern MMOs) additude when you are running a lower level dungeon. We never had these problems in GW.

Again when did you have this problem in WoW or other modern MMO’s where the “elite” were going around running lower level dungeons?

This problem was made by Guild wars 2 because the only way to get anything in this game is to have gold. And the best way to get gold is to buy it with your credit card, work the TP, or Farm. In those previous MMOs farming for gold is second to running the content because you cannot buy your gear with gold, you cannot buy the BIS weapon with gold. You cannot buy the the rare skins with gold, the elite festival mounts, clothing, weapons, or items can not be purchased with gold. They come from playing the content only. Recently Guild Wars2 has been trying to get away from that. But it is ingrained into the game and us at this point.

We farm then sell what we don’t need, to buy what we do need. And repeat.

We don’t get a group together to kill ABC boss because they drop XYZ weapon. In fact Tequatl is the first boss in the game with a separate loot table from every other, everything in the game. We are just now getting to the idea that we can go do something specific for what we want rather than find the best gold grind we can get our hands on to get what we want.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This is why I always make my own groups when doing dungeons or other group content.

If I specifically say when putting the group together that it’s for people who are just at/over the level requirement, or haven’t done it before, or just want to take it slow and listen to the dialogue or whatever it is I’m doing then they can’t complain if they join the group and get exactly that.

The only time I’ve had a bad experience like most people describe was when I randomly joined a group with a guild member and 3 randoms which ended up being run by one random player who wanted to skip everything.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: SnidgetAsphodel.7961

SnidgetAsphodel.7961

Playing since launch but have yet to do a single dungeon in this game because of the elitist mentality displayed by much of the player base that infests many games. Other MMOs and the populace killed dungeons for me, and it appears the players of GW2 are only continuing the trend. I feel your pain, OP.

Cyro Renze – 80 Human Ranger
So Unprofessional [SUP] – Crystal Desert
“Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.”

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I just make group called “35+ exp”.

It is usually filled in 5 minutes. So I’m not sure what everyone is complaining.

Posted by: Zyst.3514

Zyst.3514

I have 5 80’s and wouldnt burden others by playing with my underlvl’ed alts also, and have my DM title, but I find you can lvl alts quite well by switching out to a underlvl’ed at 50% boss hps, or switching to alt for the last fight and bringing support skills. (eg. banners warrior, reflect spam mesmer, traps ranger, spirits ranger) Things that dont require good armor and stats to be good.
Had a new lvl 50 mesmer join my CM group, and spent a few minutes working with them before the dungeon started, they were the best member of the group for supporting our skipping runs, throwing up reflects, etc. But if they had insisted on staying sword/torch and running into melee only to die in a second every fight, i’ll be one of the first to put up a vote kick!
Problem comes when you do this daily, and all these lowbies start showing up in your party, imagine going AC exp and getting 3 lvl 30-33’s in your party, having to explain to them that they need 35 to not take mega dmg from exp…nope, just leave and make a new group. Or failing runs, 40 minute runs, cuz you don’t want to explain or lead your low level pugs (hold their hands thru all skill setups and fight strats) and these groups will kick you.
When we were all new, we did these dungeons with 5 lvl 30’s, and its hard, it takes a hour, now we’re 80’s and we want it to take 15 minutes, in and out, get our cash/tokens. If you want the challenge or you’re bored and want to see a dungeon, put up a post asking for all 30’s to do story AC, see how much harder it is. 1 80 and 4 30’s will still be a slow group unless the experienced player takes leadership and helps everyone learn the dungeon, and, well, who has that much time?

Ranger main, no matter what nerf bat they hit us with!
SF guild on Jade Quarry.
Fav pet; Reef Drake

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’ll be honest, I hate getting under leveled characters in my group, you’re just a hindrance to the part and that’s the truth….

Pretty much this.

laokoko.7403

If AC story is that hard I dont’ think people’ll use it to power level. I went with all low level myself. Went pretty easy.

AC exp is harder with all low level. Because you might get stuck on the burrow. Or if you lack healing, spider boss will be a problem.

I actually do AC everyday on my low level. It is doable, but you really need class which have group heal.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

the underlying problem is that profit is the most important thing in this game due to everything being revolved around the trading post. Until they fix that, well..that’s just how it will be for most players. Sure, there are plenty of nice people out there that will run with you, but the others are about a dime a dozen.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

@Parlourbeatflex.5970

The dungeons are scaled for people of that level in rare gear of that level. An 80 with exotics is going to be quite a bit stronger than a 40 in rares because of gear plus traits which can add a lot to damage/utility.

Jeeze… everyone in here seems so angry… so much bigotry and hate flying around

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

laokoko.7403

You think the scaling is the problem. It’s not.

People just don’t know how to play their class when they are lvl40 that’s the main problem.

Sure the scaling does matter. But people don’t know how to play cause more problem.

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

I recently reached level 80 and I have not done even one dungeon. Read that again ANet. I have yet to do a dungeon and in great part it is because of the mentality mentioned by the OP.

Now, with the LFG tool things might be better. I admit I have not tried it yet.

You should.

From playing on release (well, pre-order headstart) until three days ago, I had done one dungeon. Just one.

Now that we have an LFG tool, I decided to give it a proper go. So over the weekend I did five dungeons using the tool.

Four of those five had 3-4 players of sub-level-80 in them (the fifth was Crucible of Eternity where the minimum level is such that everyone is likely to be 80, and we all were). Three of those four ran smoothly. Not saying we never wiped but we never wiped more than twice on a fight and people kept their spirits up. No negativity, no rage.

The fourth time, everyone was cool except for one guy who ragequit. Only problem was, he was the group leader so the instance dissolved. Oh well.

But a 75% success rate of getting a run with no negativity is pretty good. I’ll actually wager that you’d be lucky to get such good attitude in a “must be level 80” run.

laokoko.7403

^ ya I think people more or less get the attitude they need to have veterans to carry them through, or every dungeon must have 100% success rate.

There is another post on a person thinking veterans should help new people because they give up on a 90 minute arah run. If you give up arah after 90 minutes, the problem is not because no one is helping you. The problem is you just give up. Or maybe the dungeon is too long for his taste. It is not because no one is helping.

Like I said before, if speedrun or veteran group don’t want to carry me through AC, I just make my own lvl35+ group. You usually have 1 or 2 lvl80 who join anyway.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m one of the rare level 80 players who doesn’t mind letting lower levels tag along, it seems. I always put a notice for newer players to just say they need guidance, and then I happily teach them how to get through the dungeon as we go.

The funniest/most annoying part is when my post clearly states that we may have new players, and then players join and immediately quit when they see non-80’s in it.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

People have to accept that its a Game and that profit is not the most important thing.. It should be fun which is bigger if you share it with others….

lvl35 in AC is… not “Fun”. Not for you , not for a group. Just how it is. Spend a few hours and get to 40 at least, load up on rare/yellow gear. Don’t expect others to change their minds or play-style for you, or you will never have fun in this game, and be like those guys that do nothing and think you proved their point. If you must insist, find a guild to carry you through, since they play together and can probably do it with less than 5 in the group. If this game had drag corpse, I could quite literally say carry you at lvl35.

Other than that, it’s been a few days, you should be at 40 at least now, so use the lfg tool and advertise for a lvl40’s group, start a group. Throwing a fit or whatever, in forums, because a group of 80’s don’t want you on is just sort of absurd.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

laokoko.7403

People have to accept that its a Game and that profit is not the most important thing.. It should be fun which is bigger if you share it with others….

lvl35 in AC is… not “Fun”. Not for you , not for a group. Just how it is. Spend a few hours and get to 40 at least, load up on rare/yellow gear. Don’t expect others to change their minds or play-style for you, or you will never have fun in this game. If you must insist, find a guild to carry you through, since they play together and can probably do it with less than 5 in the group. If this game had drag corpse, I could quite literally say carry you at lvl35.

Yah I mean there are different type of players. People just play for different reason. Some farm because they want cool skins to look good which is fun for them.

And if you really want to have fun. Why do you need some veterans to carry you through dungeon. Just go do dungeon for fun. If you can’t complete the dungeon, what’s the big deal?

Beside I think the OP should learn to use the LFG tool. Because I can form an AC group at anytime. All I need is to type “35+ exp”. And it is filled in 5 minutes. (That is for NA server, I dont’ play on EU so I can’t comment on that).

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

in my experience most lowlvls in lfg are leechers

you dont do any dmg when dont have best gear for your lvl + upgrades like runes/gems and buff food
no you dont do the dmg like an 80 would do in full exo gear
and with best gear i talk about gear not lower than max 5 lvls to your actual lvl or you just dont do the dmg like a 80 would do

so when wanna do the content on your lvl than start lfg on your own with something like “lfg ac max lvl 40” or “lvling run . i am lvl 35” something like this and you will have no problems

but yeah i know you dont wanna go with lowlvls on your lowlvl in the dungeon because they dont do enough damage

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Thanks in advance

I think Anet did everything it could to cause this.
AC was fun and friendly for alts….i sused it to introduce people to expl dungeons.

Some gold farmers complained >.> because stacking and losing everything was too easy in full exotic…

Anet ruined a fun LVL 35 dungeon…..making it even more unfriendly for lower levels.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Daywolf.2630

lvl35 in AC is… not “Fun”. Not for you , not for a group. Just how it is. Spend a few hours and get to 40 at least, load up on rare/yellow gear. Don’t expect others to change their minds or play-style for you, or you will never have fun in this game. If you must insist, find a guild to carry you through, since they play together and can probably do it with less than 5 in the group. If this game had drag corpse, I could quite literally say carry you at lvl35.

And if you really want to have fun. Why do you need some veterans to carry you through dungeon. Just go do dungeon for fun. If you can’t complete the dungeon, what’s the big deal?

Because being stuck in a dungeon for two hours when it should have taken 20 minutes is not fun, not for vets (I know you were in agreement). I sometimes accept lvl40+ into my AC groups, but that’s completely beside the point. Yet, not everyone has two hours to run one path (even me sometimes), so if anyone in the group protests, then the lower level player can just find another group if they cant run 98% of the way with a higher level alt to swap out at the end for the lower level one. Most players can understand that, have had no problems explaining it outside of the dungeon.

(edited by Daywolf.2630)

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

Its mostly mentioned here. I don’t mind that random one who is sub 80, but since around launch I spent hours and hours getting all of these done at that level I like making more with my time if/when I can. Helping someone and spending 1-2 hours while on line with the zone isn’t as appealing as it once was. In light of that doing a run that can take 15 mins sounds fantastic because I have ran them far too much as is and see no reason to spend more time on them than that, sorry if that offends you, but like others I would suggest finding a guild or utilizing the lfg tool to find like minded people.

Daywolf.2630

Thanks in advance

I think Anet did everything it could to cause this.
AC was fun and friendly for alts….i sused it to introduce people to expl dungeons.

Some gold farmers complained >.> because stacking and losing everything was too easy in full exotic…

Anet ruined a fun LVL 35 dungeon…..making it even more unfriendly for lower levels.

Oh yeah, horrible Anet scales up dungeons to make them challenging for us players at lvl80 in good gear. And any gear, who even speed runs with zerker in AC? Well, I’m sure there are some, but… :P heh

laokoko.7403

Because being stuck in a dungeon for two hours when it should have taken 20 minutes is not fun, not for vets (I know you were in agreement). I sometimes accept lvl40+ into my AC groups, but that’s completely beside the point. Yet, not everyone has two hours to run one path (even me sometimes), so if anyone in the group protests, then the lower level player can just find another group if they cant run 98% of the way with a higher level alt to swap out at the end for the lower level one. Most players can understand that, have had no problems explaining it outside of the dungeon.

Ya I’m not really replying to you. That’s why I say if “noob” just want to have fun. Why do they need veterans to carry them through.

Which get to the exact idea. Noob dont’ want to do a 2 hour dungeon when they can get carried in 20 minutes. And veteran dont’ want to do 2 hour dungeon to carry noob when they can do it in 20 minutes.

There never is a problem for low level to do AC. It just take much longer compare to getting carried by a group of veteran lvl80.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

OP is right, people need to be more open to lower levels. If you have 4 80s and 1 35, or heck even 3 80s and 2 35s it will still be beatable. Especially if that 35 has decent gear for that level. Especially if those 80s know what they are doing. It isn’t that hard.

that is also part of the problem, it’s not just that they are low level, it’s that they are also badly geared aka all in blues.

there’s rare level gear at 30 and 35, with this gear any lowbie can complete the dungeon without being a complete drag on the party or dying every other hit from boss.

and tbh ultimately the real problem is sitting between the pc and the chair !

aka player skill is more important than what level or what gear you are wearing !

And its so easy/cheap to get good gear at that level, there’s really no excuse for running in all blues, just laziness or lack of caring.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

laokoko.7403

^ I ran my lvl50 guardian through AC today.

Started an AC group with the title “35+ exp”. And people keep joining and leaving apparently to other group called “LFM PATH1/3”. Apparently they dont’ like to join me and my group because I’m low level and other group have high level people. (and mind you they are low level themself)

After 5+ minutes of waiting the group is finally finished. And we crawl our way through the dungeon. We wipe maybe 4 times and during that time 3 people left so we have to recruit more people.

After maybe 50 minutes, the dungeon is finished.

I’m sorry I don’t pitty new people. Apparently they(or many of them) just want to speedrun with veteran player or get carried when they could do the dungeon themself. They just don’t want to spend 1 hour in AC or 3 hour in Arah when they can get carried much faster.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

The idea that you NEED 80s to do dungeons of a lower level is a total fallacy perpetuated by lazy, impatient and unskilled players. The stat/dps difference between an downleveled 80 and your lvl 35 in blues is overcome and then some by the skill of the player. A bad lvl 80 on an AC run will be far more a liability than a half decent lvl 35.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Make your own group. “Non-80s welcome”

Bam, no need to whine on the forums.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

To put it in a nutshell: STOP kicking lower levels out of your groups, just because it will take 10 minutes longer…. Lets be a good community and be friendly to everyone!!

I’d say you should join a group of level thirtysomethings if you wanna do the dungeon. Otherwise, it’s not fair to expect people to carry you through the dungeon. You know that you will die and do little damage, so you are either clearly expecting the rest of the group to do things for you, or you don’t expect it to take just ‘10 minutes longer’

Can you find people lvl 80 who come along with you? of course you will, there’s always a kind spirit when you need it, but don’t expect everybody to be that kind spirit.

They ain’t carrying anybody, any more then THEY were carried when they were first doing the dungeon AT THE SPECIFIED APPROPRIATE LEVEL. News flash, snob, they get upleveled.

laokoko.7403

^ why do you think everyone is carried. If I’m low level I just run with low level. If I’m new to the dungeon I dont’ look for group which says veteran.

I just accept the dungeon is going to take longer.

I’m doing 40min – 1 hour AC run myself on my low level. And when I started arah a few month ago a usual run take 2-3 hours in non veteran group.

Maybe people need to stop thinking they should get carried when they can run the dungeon perfectly fine. It just take longer.

How am I suppose to care when I creat low level group and many low level try to avoid me. And they rage quit after a few wipe.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The issue about low levels having a hard time finding a party is being exaggerated.

You can start a LFG for a dungeon and advertise for any level and the party will fill up within 5 minutes.

I’ll run with any party when I have the time. I’ll take low levels with me and show them the ropes. But when my time is limited, I want to run with other guys that know the dungeon and know how to get through the content without being taught.

I have a harder time finding level 80 PUGs than I do finding groups that will take anybody.

laokoko.7403

^ Yes I do AC run. All I put is “35+ exp”. It is usually filled in 5 minutes.

And only reason it take 5 minutes is because low level avoid low level group. And many of them just join and left imediately when they see everyone is low level.

Not only that. Many of them rage quit when the group wipe a few times.

I have only failed 1 AC low level group, and that is only because I’m new to the LFG tool and is confused on how to refill the group when people rage quit.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

^ Yes I do AC run. All I put is “35+ exp”. It is usually filled in 5 minutes.

And only reason it take 5 minutes is because low level avoid low level group. And many of them just join and left imediately when they see everyone is low level.

Not only that. Many of them rage quit when the group wipe a few times.

I have only failed 1 AC low level group, and that is only because I’m new to the LFG tool and is confused on how to refill the group when people rage quit.

Those that quit are the ones looking to be carried, but then whine that 80s won’t take them.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

Actually, my experience is quite the opposite. I am usually the lowest level character in the group (mind you, I am talking about standard dungeons, not the exp mode ones) and yet most lvl 80 are beyond horrible. I very seldomly run dungeons because of this. Its not ok if my lvl 60 Guardian has to be the one carrying the group of lvl 80s in a lvl 40 dungeon

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I’m fine with lowbies as long as their gear is up to date.

Can’t count the amount of times I’ve done AC with level 35-40s who still have level 25 gear…one guardian had kept his pauldrons from character creation.

As long as you know what to do and your gear and level are up to the recommended requirements, I’m cool with anyone.

Being level 80 just usually means that your gear is up-to-date (usually).

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Those that quit are the ones looking to be carried, but then whine that 80s won’t take them.

Pretty much. There are tons of low levels running dungeons especially the first one. You want to run with people of your level. Nothing is stopping you. The OP wants people to stop their speed farms, stop their profits and have fun by being nice and sharing with everyone. Namely himself who is a level 35 all green (I hope at least) wearing character who. Will be inferior in every way to even a level 40 character.

The problem with that is you assume those people are going to get warm fuzzies for helping you get what you want while simultaneously slowing, hindering, or bringing to a complete stop their own progress. I don’t even know why people act like this is something bad or new to games.

When my kid wants to “play basketball” of course I take time out to play. But when I’m playing a friendly game with friends I don’t bring the toddler out onto the court.

Same thing here. You are still in the little leagues. If the pros let you play with them then great. But why would you expect it?

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

The OP wants people to stop their speed farms, stop their profits and have fun by being nice and sharing with everyone. Namely himself who is a level 35 all green (I hope at least) wearing character who. Will be inferior in every way to even a level 40 character.

Maybe you should read the opening post before you spread your bias all over the place. Where exactely do you read he was looking for 80ies to get dragged through? He was joining a group which wasn’t labeled to be speedrun or something.

Posted by: Coffee.7058

Coffee.7058

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

Blame Anet tbh.

They have designed this game to be so grindy and gold making unfriendly — these are one of the few routes in which one could make money. I remember them saying they hired an economist for the Tp — no comment.

You try to farm outside of dungeons or champs and you will get diminishing returns — yet the bots in orr say other wise.

Team Peenk

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Ac is very easy dungeon even after the revamp but some people don’t feel it is this way. In fact, I actually don’t understand why they buffed one of the lowest level dungeons which is targeted to some of the new players first dungeon. They should really scale difficulty with increasing dungeon level like most normal games…instead of revamping whatever they feel like.