Patch Feedback [merged]

Patch Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

and after that we can add the pandas!

it’s brilliant.

I actually would like some more animalistic races that are cute. I mean we have charr and asura which kind of resemble dogs and monkeys respectively, but what about cute cat people and such?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Archmagel.1350

Archmagel.1350

The agony system is really going to require a level of resistance which its mandatory for group leaders to know what kind of gear their members have in order to form successful groups or raids.

So we are going to need some form of gear score, publicly viewable agony resistance or inspect. What is your plan to address this ANet?

Feel free to give input as well people.

Gear score is what I would like to avoid.

I don’t like telling people that they can’t join me or that I can’t join others because they/I don’t have a certain type of gear, or some other requirement, so we can just try and enjoy the content of the game. I am pretty sure you wouldn’t like that either.

No gearscore, ever s’il vous plait, and let this be the last tier.

Fort Aspenwood~ Archmage Logan(80 Necro)
(“Big Hat”)Praise the Sun!

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

The agony system is really going to require a level of resistance which its mandatory for group leaders to know what kind of gear their members have in order to form successful groups or raids.

So we are going to need some form of gear score, publicly viewable agony resistance or inspect. What is your plan to address this ANet?

I don’t like telling people that they can’t join me or that I can’t join others because they/I don’t have a certain type of gear, or some other requirement, so we can just try and enjoy the content of the game. I am pretty sure you wouldn’t like that either.

Well, I would like to enjoy the content with everyone as well. But if there is someone without agony resistance then I will need to filter them out so I can enjoy the content.

It’s a downside really but it is a necessary evil in order to enjoy this wonderful content ANet has made for us.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Rangle.2539

Rangle.2539

But all MMOs need progression. New tier will give that progression.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

But all MMO need progression. New tier will give that progression.

Yer there has never been a successful MMO released without progression content, we need new tiers but patience, we need for the majority of people to have at least experienced ascended first.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

The more these games change, the more they stay the same.

8 classes in game. All 8 class forums are upset over their classes nerfs. Every class is upset and feels it’s underpowered ….so they are going to shelf that character and either roll another class or quit.

Very amusing.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

Well, I would like to enjoy the content with everyone as well. But if there is someone without agony resistance then I will need to filter them out so I can enjoy the content.

It’s a downside really but it is a necessary evil in order to enjoy this wonderful content ANet has made for us.

There we go: “What? U dont have FOTM equip? Go away Noob!”

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

The highest you can set your scaling level for the fractals is always the highest common difficulty level for all 5 members. If someone doesn’t have agony resistance gear you’ll know about it because you won’t be able to select the correct difficulty scaling.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: toomuchtatose.6874

toomuchtatose.6874

Instead of inclusive DE-kind of content, we have this exclusive elitist dungeon-style of content.

Necessary evil for the purpose of progression.

What is so necessary about it?

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

Instead of inclusive DE-kind of content, we have this exclusive elitist dungeon-style of content.

Because ANet stated themselves progression content is happening.

If you want to progress, you need to know group’s capabilities.

How are you to know capabilities of everyone without GS/inspect or something else?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

I don’t understand why they increased the cooldown on mesmer portal. I WvW in tier 3, and don’t see mesmer bombs every 60 seconds. May be different in higher tiers though.

However I’d expect that most organised and legit WvW groups would have more then 1 mesmer with them, thus making zero difference in the amount of portals actually going out, just only requiring a bit more work and co-ordination.

Only thing this has nerfed is how often I can drop a portal to help people trailing behind the main group to catch up.

There have been numerous other suggestions on how to nerf the portal without doing anything radical, but seems that none of them have been listened to. I agree they need to do something about it (imo making the portal’s effect much more pronounced, think pink explosion with doves or something coming out).

TLDR; Portals got nerfed, but nerfing didn’t solve any of the perceived problems with it.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

I thought it was a decent update… at least thieves got nerfed! And we have a new area to explore! And a new endless dungeon with a REWARD FOR THE EFFORT. Its not catering to the WoW fanboys or the Content locusts.. What do you plan to do in your full uber 1337 full runed exotic set? There is nothing you can do. Farm Orr… thats about it.. PvE wise anyway.. Everyone just sees a half empty glass.. that’s the real problem. /anti flame suit on

There’s only one thing you want to do at end-game, and that’s chase loot.

I don’t want to do that.

I had plenty of things to do at end-game. I didn’t have any gear left to gather. I was quite pleased with my skins, though eventually I would want a set of Arah gear.

Nothing gave you better gear, though, so all those hours I was spending ingame having fun, well, to you that’s all “nothing to do”.

You’re the kid who wants to go to a movie but goes to a party instead and then complains how boring it is and how great it would be to sit down shut up and put a movie in to watch. It was only boring because you wanted something else — one has to wonder why you don’t just go watch a movie and not kitten on other people’s fun.

There was plenty for me to do, and I was having fun doing it. It’s not my fault if there’s only one thing that’s fun for you, but the entire rest of the MMO market caters to what you’re looking for. The entire rest of the market. All of it. Grats on kittening up another MMO.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Yunni.8296

Yunni.8296

Massive and HUGE game breaking nerfs to my main class and then they add gear creep/grind as well.

This

The vertical gear progression and massive grind that has been added to the game is unacceptable to me. This isn’t the game that was advertised. /uninstalled

Patch Feedback [merged]

Rangle.2539

It’s just to make things easier for all of us to group with the right infusion lvl people.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

The highest you can set your scaling level for the fractals is always the highest common difficulty level for all 5 members. If someone doesn’t have agony resistance gear you’ll know about it because you won’t be able to select the correct difficulty scaling.

Yeah, but how you going to know who that person is?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Archmagel.1350

Yeah, I know that I for one, don’t like doing this to people. I also have 2 lower level friends who just started playing. They will be “side kicked” up to 80 for this weekend, but after that I am not going to tell them that they can’t join me because they don’t have fully slotted Ascended gear.

We would all like to do the dungeons for a challenge, but this Agony is just gating people from enjoying content. There shouldn’t be this “necessary evil”.

“How are you to know capabilities of everyone without GS/inspect or something else?” <- This a horrible mindset. Gear shouldn’t determine capability.

(edited by Archmagel.1350)

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

It’s just to make things easier for all of us to group with the right infusion lvl people.

Exactly, and only way to know this for sure is with inspect or GS.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Vladamire.2049

Vladamire.2049

This upcoming patch is pure garbage, not great. I finished grinding out my legendary 2 weeks ago and now I have to go back and grind out crap from dungeons that I have no desire to ever step foot in….How about you redesign this craptastic WvWvW. It completely sucks to see nothing but a zergfest. The pvp in this game isn’t even mediocre at best, its garbage. Fix that instead of worthless dungeons.

Patch Feedback [merged]

warmonkey.8013

Yer there has never been a successful MMO released without progression content, we need new tiers but patience, we need for the majority of people to have at least experienced ascended first.

lmao.

i mean you’re just so wrong i don’t even..

good god, but you’re just so wrong, haha.

keep talking kiddo, i’m sure your exhaustive knowledge of the last 3 years of the gaming market won’t let you down
haha

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

lmao.

keep talking kiddo, i’m sure your exhaustive knowledge of the last 3 years of the gaming market won’t let you down
haha

Really? Please list one.

I am more than willing to be corrected, just provide some substance please.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: toomuchtatose.6874

toomuchtatose.6874

Because ANet stated themselves progression content is happening.

If you want to progress, you need to know group’s capabilities.

How are you to know capabilities of everyone without GS/inspect or something else?

Why don’t we have something like Halloween labyrinth where there are group event bosses which are able to one-shot every around them… yes.. those does not incentivise everyone to GS/inspect their parties/allies.

Isn’t that progression too? That’s also grinding, a good time-sinker, make the group-event boss drop like 5tokens (out of 1500 required) for the backpack or something.

While letting the players experience first-hand agony where the boss is roaming around.

(edited by toomuchtatose.6874)

Patch Feedback [merged]

Rangle.2539

Please you don’t have to belittle people calling them kiddo. Just stay to the topic.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

Yeah, I know that I for one, don’t like doing this to people. I also have 2 lower level friends who just started playing. They will be “side kicked” up to 80 for this weekend, but after that I am not going to tell them that they can’t join me because they don’t have fully slotted Ascended gear.

We would all like to do the dungeons for a challenge, but this Agony is just gating people from enjoying content. There shouldn’t be this “necessary evil”.

“How are you to know capabilities of everyone without GS/inspect or something else?” <- This a horrible mindset. Gear shouldn’t determine capability.

Some people may not like this sure, but agony system does make gear strongly tied to capability.

Besides it wasn’t much different before, running CoF for example with a full exo group was like 20x faster than running with a full masterwork group.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

Please you don’t have to belittle people calling them kiddo. Just stay to the topic.

This guy gets it, we are all friends here.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Vladamire.2049

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

Dark Age of Camelot. There was no need to grind out raids or dungeons to get gear because everyone was on the same level gearwise. Sure you could do some dungeons but you didn’t need to, it was optional. Then along came this new expansion called Trials of Atlantis, which forced people to get new gear called artifacts and level them to be competitive in RvR (realm versus realm). Well a few months went by and look at that, over half the playerbase had quit.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Somewhat disappointed. For some reason i was expecting more substantial bug fixes for classes, particularly Ele, but it didn’t happen, only some minor stuff. And most of those bugs are known for months, some even since BWE1. I’ve never encountered this kind of behavior towards bugged content from devs before, in other games. To me not a single important issue was addressed in this patch. No major trait bug fixes, not a word on culling issue in WvW, not a word on bugged Arah event chain, and it seems that game’s engine tweaking/fixing stopped completely, sound in this game has been kittened all over since beta and not a single fix for it. Ehh. New content is awesome and all, but srsly… is it what we get for no sub?

(edited by wasted.6817)

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: siepher.9408

siepher.9408

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

GW1

Patch Feedback [merged]

Archmagel.1350

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

^^ Beat me to it!
Guild Wars

Patch Feedback [merged]

warmonkey.8013

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

daoc.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

GW1

GW1 had infusion too. They borrowed this awesome concept from that game.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

daoc.

Realm ranks were linear progression.

Patch Feedback [merged]

siepher.9408

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

GW1

that is a twist on the truth, they had infusion that you could add to your existing armor sure, that protected you from one skill in the whole game that was localized to the end of one campaign. no extra stats were added, and this was a part of the story of the game from the very begining.

literraly all infusion was in GW1 was like a 10 minute mini quest to get your armor to say infused on it. thats it.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Rangle.2539

Well, isn’t infusion is part of the story too in GW2? So, what’s the different?

Patch Feedback [merged]

Vladamire.2049

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

daoc.

What happened to DAoC when they put in the gear treadmill called artifacts? Thats right! The game died.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Archmagel.1350

No, this infusion is for a dungeon. (As far as we know anyways) It was extremely easy to get in GW1 and it was only for one part of the story.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: lleras.4170

lleras.4170

it’s brilliant.

I actually would like some more animalistic races that are cute. I mean we have charr and asura which kind of resemble dogs and monkeys respectively, but what about cute cat people and such?

Charr look more like dogs than cats??? Have you even LOOKED at the female Charrs? They’re definitely the ‘cat people’ of Guild Wars. They’re just not scrawny like Khajiits.

That being said, I’d love more animalistic races too…well, any type of additional race would please me so long as it wasn’t too similar to any existing race (or a Panda). GW2 has all other fantasy MMORPGs beat in the race department as far as I’m concerned. Sure, some people think Slyvari and Asura are the respective equivalent of Elves and Gnomes because of their cultures, but at least Anet DID make an effort to do something different.

Personally, I’d love to see Centaurs be added to the playable races. Although if they allowed customization of the horse part of the body as well, I’m guessing some people would attempt to make it like My Little Pony.

Please no pink or purple color options, Anet. XD

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

GW1

They had no better stats.

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

daoc.

What happened to DAoC when they put in the gear treadmill called artifacts? Thats right! The game died.

The game is still alive and well I don’t know what you are talking about.

But stay on topic please everyone

We want to brainstorm ideas on how to even further improve the excellent direction this game is taking.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Archmagel.1350

it’s brilliant.

Charr look more like dogs than cats??? Have you even LOOKED at the female Charrs? They’re definitely the ‘cat people’ of Guild Wars. They’re just not scrawny like Khajiits.

That being said, I’d love more animalistic races too…well, any type of additional race would please me so long as it wasn’t too similar to any existing race (or a Panda). GW2 has all other fantasy MMORPGs beat in the race department as far as I’m concerned. Sure, some people think Slyvari and Asura are the respective equivalent of Elves and Gnomes because of their cultures, but at least Anet DID make an effort to do something different.

Personally, I’d love to see Centaurs be added to the playable races. Although if they allowed customization of the horse part of the body as well, I’m guessing some people would attempt to make it like My Little Pony.

No! Bronys as far as the eye can see! O-o

Patch Feedback [merged]

Vladamire.2049

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

daoc.

We want to brainstorm ideas on how to even further improve the excellent direction this game is taking.

Yes because of the 5000 people that play it today really compares to the 300,000 that played it in its prime, also known as the time before ToA. This so called idea might be excellent to you, but to me its pure crap. This idea needs to be flushed down the toilet along with the moron who came up with it.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

it’s brilliant.

The charr race isn’t even remotely cute or appealing. I don’t know why anyone would play them.

We need some cute animal races that actually have some form of appeal. Pandas would be ok but it would be a bit of a ripoff, maybe something similar though.

Get those bear people already in game and make them cuter perhaps. The ones that talk slowly and have strange names.

Don’t get me started on the salad people.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Vladamire.2049

it’s brilliant.

They already added something from my little pony to the game. That nasty looking legendary shortbow that shoots rainbows. That thing came straight out of one of the my little pony’s piles of poop.

Patch Feedback [merged]

warmonkey.8013

you don’t see a difference between added “INFUSED!” under an item’s name, and adding gear with stats inflated over what you had previously stated would be the top tier of gear and promising to continue to add better gear in the future?

GW1 never increased levels or stats on gear.

You don’t see the difference?

Good. So let’s take the increased stats off this new garbage. You won’t see the difference, so it won’t matter, right?

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Steve.5034

Steve.5034

Also, what kind of player number cap are you putting on these dungeons? I mean 5 players is all well and good but it doesn’t feel anything like as epic as killing a mighty dragon with say, 25 or 40 people.

Why not just call it WOW as well. Put in your changes and people like you can stand yelling “LFG. Come to Lion Arch for inspection” and “LFG, Gear Score 2000 required”

When will you people realise that the vast majority don’t want that type of crap anymore and we found it here. Until now!

Thanks for reading, and thankyou arenanet for finally listening to the community ^^

They did the opposite.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

daoc.

Yes because of the 5000 people that play it today really compares to the 300,000 that played it in its prime, also known as the time before ToA. This so called idea might be excellent to you, but to me its pure crap. This idea needs to be flushed down the toilet along with the moron who came up with it.

I remember ToA, exploring the ocean depths and raiding those mighty ML encounters was fun and extremely epic.

I remember when I got my axe of malice to level 10 I felt like a walking god. That’s what this game needs, ascendant and legendary weapons and armor to level off killing a specific kind of monster or player.

Also master levels would be great, imagine having even more awesome and unique abilities to gain after you hit level 80.

Patch Feedback [merged]

siepher.9408

it’s brilliant.

The charr race isn’t even remotely cute or appealing. I don’t know why anyone would play them.

We need some cute animal races that actually have some form of appeal. Pandas would be ok but it would be a bit of a ripoff, maybe something similar though.

Get those bear people already in game and make them cuter perhaps. The ones that talk slowly and have strange names.

my charr is cute and fuzzy and noms salad people XD. but yeah the Kodan ( i believe you were referring to) would be an awesome addition as a playable race, as well as the largos, er whatever those underwater people are called.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Archmagel.1350

lmao.

haha

Really? Please list one.

daoc.

Maybe not as harshly, but I agree that this is not the direction the game should be headed. Gating people from the things you create is not what you want to do.

I am fine with it getting harder to do the more you do it, just so you can test your skills and get better drop chances. I am not fine with putting a required stat on it.

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

Also, what kind of player number cap are you putting on these dungeons? I mean 5 players is all well and good but it doesn’t feel anything like as epic as killing a mighty dragon with say, 25 or 40 people.

Why not just call it WOW as well. Put in your changes and people like you can stand yelling “LFG. Come to Lion Arch for inspection” and “LFG, Gear Score 2000 required”

When will you people realise that the vast majority don’t want that type of crap anymore and we found it here. Until now!

Thanks for reading, and thankyou arenanet for finally listening to the community ^^

They did the opposite.

Majority of people don’t want this kind of content?

How many people play WoW?

How many people play guild wars?

People standing in the middle of LA asking for inspection is just a natural part of any progression based game, no sense in fighting it.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: lleras.4170

lleras.4170

it’s brilliant.

=O What’s with the race hate, bro? I love Charr and Sylvari…well, all races actually. I’m least fond of Asura and don’t play them, but I don’t say ‘I don’t know why anyone would play them’.

I get the desire some people may have for a cute and cuddly race. I don’t see the appeal of that for a game like this, but I get some people like that sort of thing. I think the ‘cutest’ race they could implement at this point that would make sense would be the Skritt. But I guess their cuteness is subjective since they are basically rats. lol

Patch Feedback [merged]

nofo.8469

it’s brilliant.

my charr is cute and fuzzy and noms salad people XD. but yeah the Kodan ( i believe you were referring to) would be an awesome addition as a playable race, as well as the largos, er whatever those underwater people are called.

Fuzzy but cute is stretching it And yes I can see charr nomming salad people

Kodan are the ones I was thinking about and also largos too, but they aren’t really appealing enough to be playable races as they stand currently.

With a few modifications they would be wonderful playable races.

Can’t wait

Anyway I gotta go afk for 10 mins be back soon to continue this conversation.

TY for contributing everyone