Patch Feedback [merged]

Patch Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

Guys, guys, why are you all so worried? you dont need bug fixes wth u talking about, you need gear progression, and its coming for u, after all this is what you wanted and this is what you will get, a game that no longer requires quality, imagination, additions of skills, pretty skins and whatever else is needed to give you a very good reason why you should care about the new content, all that is in the past, now you will have some mild eyecandy in the first few patches and then just senseless grind, just as you asked, hf guys and stop bashing the game.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

At least they havn’t started level increase yet lol. We just need to rememebr that it is an armour level:

White, Blue, Green, Yellow (Rare), Exotic, Infused and legendary.

Look on the bright side it appears that it will not change after this. How can it?

It won’t stop changing until they run out of colors.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Natural.7013

Natural.7013

Most of the naysayers to more progression are casuals correct? Also, if a few million bought this game and only a few thousand are upset then very well could be most of you are in the minority.

This game will lose concurrent players without more progression. You literally have to play an hour a week at best and still hit 80 in a month with full exotics. WvW is stale in current form, Spvp is near dead and the current dungeons are boring zergfests with no reward drops. There is hardly anything to do.

They want more then a niche like GW1 was, but I bet it’s gonna be just that without making more things to do that take time to,get. This isn’y Bf3 or CoD, it’s an MMO…make it one.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

Most of the naysayers to more progression are casuals correct? Also, if a few million bought this game and only a few thousand are upset then very well could be most of you are in the minority.

This game will lose concurrent players without more progression. You literally have to play an hour a week at best and still hit 80 in a month with full exotics. WvW is stale in current form, Spvp is near dead and the current dungeons are boring zergfests with no reward drops. There is hardly anything to do.

They want more then a niche like GW1 was, but I bet it’s gonna be just that without making more things to do that take time to,get. This isn’y Bf3 or CoD, it’s an MMO…make it one.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

My feedback, Arenanet has jumped the shark, and they`re out of their ever loving minds.

Quick, somebody cut the vacation the real development teams is on, the live team kiddies are running wild and have no clue what they’re doing.

Mesmer nerf plus gear grind = I’m moving on, I’m done!

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Dear Arena Net,

I can hardly contain my deep dissatisfaction with your decision to include Ascended gear and Infusion into your items along with how it was communicated and how the player base was so far addressed on the subject.

My decision pre-purchase your game was based on my deep trust towards you, earned over the years of GW1. Since the beginning of GW2 development you’ve always claimed that you will take what’s best in GW1 and take it to GW2, you were also very vocal and adamant about grind and vertical progression not being a part of your upcoming game.
I’ve played many games and many MMOs over the years and decided that I do not want to play a grindy, treadmill game any more, for various reasons. The most important reason why I bought your MMO in the end was because, on the top of promises to uphold the amazing GW1 legacy, it promised to have none of that.

Your sudden change in philosophy is disappointing, but on it’s own would probably not bring me to request a full refund on two accounts that I have pre-purchased (my own and my boyfriends). Your complete lack of respect and frankly insulting behaviour did.
I would expect from at least you decent, early communication on a change of this magnitude, but you barely spilled a word about it 3 days before the update, after over a month of Lost Shore advertisement. Unfortunately, this fits perfectly into your extremely poor PR since release.

You stayed completely silent for over a day and when you finally addressed the community, Chris Whiteside’s message managed to avoid answers to any of the crucial questions by insulting overall intelligence of your customers and frankly, insulting your most dedicated fans as well.

I’ve learned that, despite my long history with GW1 (feel free to check my account history), my close following of GW2 development, early pre-purchase, active play since day one including a lot of bug and bot reporting, I am not your most dedicated players.
Instead, people who bought the game without even bothering to check what it offers and burned through it without even experiencing the content to whine they have nothing to do now because the game is not like the others are your most dedicated fans.

And on top of that, you will not name it “gear treadmill”, because it’s such a bad word… Yes, naming it “progression” makes it so much better! …

Thank you for adding insult to injury.
You have made an amazing game during the past few years and it’s really sad to see you switch the philosophy that was your winning card so soon.

You can’t have a cookie and it it.
A man who chases two rabbit, catches none.
For every person who complains, more leave silently.

Best regards and thank you for all the Quaggans,
O.B.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

You dont even know what MMO means and you are lecturing us about what a fail GW1 was and what not, u are free to choose from many numerous MMORPGS (not MMOS…) for the no life gear grinding you want, i go out with my friends, i get to have a job, i have family time too, things that ppl like you dont understand.
I am a programmer myself and this whole gear grinding concept is the easiest thing to program and expect long term results, for me this showing off like a teenie who has the most life to waste means nothing really, in the end ull just be happy to show off ur numbers that in 10 years will mean nothing to anyone as the game is then outdated, in gw1 i started enjoying the game since day 1, please dont insult me and tell me u enjoy grinding, we all know u just enjoy beying done with it and showing off temporarly, its a boring and easy concept that requires no brain just some mild coordination.
This patch already has prooven my point, it was supposed to be a massive patch with alot of things going on, all i see is some mild bugfixes, introduction of other bugs and grind.
Hf with it.

(edited by TheWarKeeper.5374)

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

Why does Anet hate mesmers so much? Lol

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: jal.1286

jal.1286

Regarding ascended gear: Anet spent years saying there would be no treadmill and that their game would “break the mold”. During those years we all saw one game after another fail because they were not being innovative and original. It took Anet 3 months to adopt the model of guaranteed failure.

Nobody does gear progression as well as WoW does and what gave GW2 a chance vs. all others is they sold us on the idea that they wouldn’t be copying ideas but creating something we’ve never seen.

We’ve seen this before.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: frogshake.2419

frogshake.2419

Who knows… what a joke this patch is.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

It’s not like anyone is going to read this far in the topic, but I’ll throw in my opinion.
The content and general update is very nice and addressed a lot of the annoying things. The change to the zones sounds good, but we’ll just have to wait and see if the population count in the lower areas change at all.

The professions balancing, now that is a whole different story. Except warriors (and maybe necros) everyone seems upset about one thing or the other. The general feeling is that the changes are so random and unexpected that they don’t really reflect the main issues people are having with the classes. Sure, some are good, some are bad but they rarely address what people are talking about strongest on the forums. It’s seems a lot like simple filler, to increase the size of the patch notes. Like you just took some random stuff from each class and decided that is the priority, despite some blatant bugs/imbalances.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Endymion.6180

Endymion.6180

Mesmer hate generation is bound to the number of annoying lttle kittens the class spawn every fraction of a second.
Therefore the math should be like this:
Dev hate toward class = N x (Mesmer x Annoying little kittens).

Endy.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: frogshake.2419

frogshake.2419

Like you just took some random stuff from each class and decided that is the priority, despite some blatant bugs/imbalances.

Must be part of the manifesto :P

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

LOL, the mesmer class and the thief class are played the most in pvp/wvw that it is getting to be mesmer/thief wars, instead of the other classes. I admit that mesmers are harder to level up, but once geared and leveld to 80 dish out a lot of damage and are hard as hell to take down, with minimal effort.

Welcome to mesmer/thief/warrior wars! GOOD JOB ANET! You managed to alienate at least 30% of your community!

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Feedback: To be 100% honest I feel as if ANet is so worried about content, gear progression, and e-sports, that they have forgotten one major thing… Their own Marketing / Sales pitch. When it’s READY. However, I believe the only thing that was ready was the terrain and art. The game looks absolutely amazing. But all the Professions are poorly balanced, especially those that were announced or created near the beginning, Elementalist being one. 80% of traits just do not work, Arcane is mandatory to have a 9 second cooldown, our attacks are about 70% slower than all others auto attacks, we are easy to dodge, easy to kill, they took away our might stacking, boon durations, and bunker builds. ANet, most of us were bunker because no other builds are viable. Now with 3k+ armor, I find Rangers 6 shotting me. Yea, RANGER, the supposed worst class in the game. Pets hit for 1k – 4k, Rangers melee for 1k – 4k, but they are broken. Sure they have broken skills / traits / utilities, but so does every other profession… I read they just hired a bunch of people for Bot removal and stuff, well a lot of Bots are now gone, how about sticking say 6 of them on the Profession team. That way each one is responsible for a profession. Then our only worries will have to be, “Oh goodie, what is our Developer going to fix for us this patch?” Not, “Oh no a Patch, what are we breaking today?”

For instance, Armor of Earth trait (not the skill) never goes off… Magnetic Grasp after today’s lovely patch, also still stuck in air in-front of target for 4 seconds of free kill. Ride the Lightning + new sPvP map + going off bridge = stuck /no dodge / no waypoint / etc.

We want communication, we want the game most of us played in Beta. Who took over right before BWE3 because whoever that was, completely changed Guild Wars 2. We are now becoming Grind Wars 2, Gear Wars 2, Nerf Wars 2, take your pick. In the end I feel we will be doing something along those lines, Grinding, Gear Farming, or just Nerfed till the character is morphed into a useless state with 3 Ultimate skills… /Dance /Cry /Quit.

Thanks for understanding, and thanks for Alienating all who had hope. I find my time playing less and less with each patch as everyone I know has left and I play alone now. Horrible year for me, 2 Fail titles in a Row… Diablo 3, and now Guild Wars 2. :’(

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

At least they havn’t started level increase yet lol. We just need to rememebr that it is an armour level:

Look on the bright side it appears that it will not change after this. How can it?

Uh-oh.

Attachments:

Patch Feedback [merged]

Endymion.6180

Uh-oh.

They’ll probably stick with the ole websafe colours.

Endy.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: plug.4276

plug.4276

So this is the place we talk about the new patch ?

great, so here we go :
You killed the ranger class, we were waiting for this patch because of the supposed buff our class would get, guess what ? You did not deliver, as usual.

The population of ranger will now be 95% of bots running around like headless chickens, while we, formerly known as “ranger” will play another class because you obviously did not want us to keep playing our main characters.

So here we come warriors, i never wanted nor intended to play one, but it is now the only and best ranged class, so we don’t have a choice now do we ?

500+ hours played with my ranger, and like the vast majority of players, i will now stop playing it, because yes, we were patient enough to wait 3 month to get some fixes and buffs to the most broken class in the game, yet when you see no rangers in sPvP beeing played, nothing came to your mind.

The promess of a bright future was announced before this patch and we were eagerly waiting for it, knowing it will make or break our beloved class, and you broke it.

now move along and be like the rest of the player base people, play warrior, because this game was clearly designed for them, with their legendaries that do not look like they came out of a ‘my little poney’ episode, and their ranged weapons with a better gameplay / damage / utilities / ‘insert any quality here because rangers suck at ranged combat’

So long, promesses of a viable use for melee weapons, spirits, support and more, so long stupid pets, farewell my love, time to play something else.

Ëncre – Human guardian – [LEAD]

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

So except bug fixes and 1 new dungeon nothing of importance was added in my opinion – the best thing about this patch is making harvesting tools account wide.

I won’t even talk about Ascended items, it clearly shows you are catering to the hardcore minority and flat out ignored most of your players. You really want to be remembered as “liars” judging by the most comments all over the place, and not just on this site? You broke your own design philosophy and by doing that you broke trust of many players.

I will give it a chance, but I wont participate in this grind. It’s just not my thing. It only saddens me unless I play a LOT I won’t be able to participate in the content (a.k.a this dungeon) because I will certainly be out-geared when I log in after some time.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Bardes.1870

Bardes.1870

Because those who were killed by hiding-behind-wall Mesmers’ illusions hated mesmers.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Bardes.1870

Bardes.1870

Uh-oh.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dye

Well, they have 21+181+116+19 dyes.

So don’t worry about running out of colours, it is impossible.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: lleras.4170

lleras.4170

I hope everyone posting here is sending Anet emails (multiple would be better) as well. Not sure what good it may do, but I would assume they’d pay more attention to individual complaints flooding their office than those forcefully lumped together here which they may never look at.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Ahh Balance/fix drama. Hilarious.

Most of the skills have been fixed to work as intended. This isn’t a nerf.
Elementalist got buffed extremely in the conjure weapon section.
Nerfed evasive arcana? LOL that skill still works the same except it’s not a finisher.

MEsmers being fully nerfed? i only see portal being nerfed significantly and giving phantasms and moa form a less unfair impact on opponents. Plus every other class needs line of sight, I dont see why the mesmer, who has 23576 ways of deluding the enemy needs a mechanic where they can hide behind walls. But on the other hand they buffed prestige and phantasmal mage. and finally made phantasm recharge work properly. Yet people scream “mesmer nerfs”

I dont even play PvP and a mesmer that much but I see youre being completely bonkers about it.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Uh, conjured weapons are still crummy and they require a specific build to even use effectively.

I guess they are marginally ok for OTHER classes not the ele. Going from 20 skills to 5 is actually detremental. You have to buff those things to be totally OP for me to even put one on my bar, personally. This patch didnt do that, not even close.

And EA blast finishers being removed? It’s now pretty terrible; it’s only good for the water heal. Rest the effects are really really trivial. Fire dodge = 16 dmg. Earth dodge = 67. Air dodge = one blind that rarely even hits stuff. Water = a very small heal and cleanse. All these effects are so short range that you have to be right on top of a target to even hit it. Yes, a 30 pt trait is actually WORSE than a 10 pt one….just like all the rest.

Point is that they just out right removed the finishers and didn’t even bother trying to adjust it. The bug that was making it OP was that it could trigger multiple times within the 10 second ICD. I agree it had to be fixed but not ruin it totally like they just did.

New builds might not even bother going 30 pts in any particular trait line: all our 30 pointers are now officially super bad. This is not a good thing imo.

Btw, the actual bunker build people was moaning about was dagger/dagger ones but they were the least effected by this nerf.

Last thing, it’s staff eles that got wrecked pretty much. The most funnest game play ever was remove entirely this patch making staff ele not only the worst ele weapon but also the most boring.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Why are the patch notes for skill balances so bad compared to the ones we have been getting for GW1? In GW1 we get great big write ups detailing what was done, why it was done and the direction they hope to move the class in. The patch notes help us to understand better why our classes are being nerfed/buffed in the way they are and better understand the vision to developers are trying to realise with our classes.

In GW2 not only do we get less details in the patch notes, but we also get less explanations of why something is being done or where the class is heading (and how it is getting there). Could we bring the GW2 standard up to the GW1 standard? Communication is one of ArenaNet’s weakest areas right now and this would be a big step towards easing frustrations with lack of insight into what’s going on with our classes.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

In GW1 those big notes only started happening few years after release. The first one I remember was one of the overhauls (mesmer?). At the moment the balances are only to balance blatantly overpowered builds or underpowered and detailed direction notes aren’t needed. These notes are pretty much self explanatory.

I am pretty sure we will start seeing them after the meta starts to settle down and specific classes become really dominating in high end paid tournaments, eg when boring gameplay becomes the norm and an overhaul becomes necessary.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

great, so here we go :
You killed the ranger class, we were waiting for this patch because of the supposed buff our class would get, guess what ? You did not deliver, as usual.

Perhaps I’m just blind and was too busy looking at the significant buffs to notice these massive nerfs that just killed ranger as a profession.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-15#Ranger

In short, what the hell are you talking about?

This patch included buffs to:

• the effect proc rates on spirits (up to 35%)
  • the harpoon gun’s primary skill (longer bleed and more damage)
  • greatsword (blocking now works while moving, and Maul is stronger)

Not to mention several skills have been added to the combo finisher list, which makes them more useful.

There is no way that anyone can look at a roster FULL of buffs and call it a nerf unless they just didn’t read.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Arena has the statistics. If the games population is being lowered by the absence of a more traditional endgame, then would those quitting because of the introduction of “statistical progression” have this game scrapped because of stubborness to take a middle ground?

Ok. Woah. Stop right there. Scrapped? It’s out, it’s done, it’s made over 2 million sales already, and we’ve not even hit the Xmas buying period properly yet.

It’s entirely possible that a decent amount of players have been playing GW2 fanatically, and have “stopped” now that they have reached 80, got their full set of exotics, beaten all the dungeons, got the full set of dungeon armour, whatever.

Does this matter to the game or its profitability? No. Not one bit. GW2 was never going to satisfy this section of the gaming population no matter how much “Vertical Progression” they added to the game. There will always be people out there ready to dedicate 12 hours a day, 7 days a week to getting to the top of that progression ladder, and they will always whine and complain once they are at the top with nothing to do.

If anything, as a Buy to Play game, this is actually a good thing. These players have already bought the game, and quite probably dropped a lot of cash on gems on their way up. They’ve given all they’re likely to give, let them log out until the next expansion, it simply frees up server resources for the rest of us.

Who actually cares if the max concurrent players drops off? The game is still brimming with people, more than enough to keep it populated and vibrant, even with 10% of current population.

Yes, horizontal progression was promised. But, if the game cannot be sustained by horizontal progression then there will be no game for anyone at all.

Absolute rubbish. The game is hugely successful and popular, and this is because it didn’t have vertical progression, not despite it. They’re taking the game’s one major selling point GW2 had over WoW – No grinding needed! – and making a joke out of it.

Now with Ascended Gear and the promise of more tiers to come, what really differentiates GW2 from WoW? The graphics? What about when the new Elder Scrolls MMO comes along. That will be pure vertical progression, with better graphics, better combat and the GRINDIEST of grinds. How will GW2 differentiate itself from that?

Why would I stay and grind for 1 tier of items in GW2 when I can go to Elder Scrolls instead and grind for 100 tiers?

I don’t have figures for the amount of money the Gem Store is making, but it must be huge. Nearly everyone in my 500-man guild has bought at least some Gems, mostly for Black Lion keys, or to sell to get gold. This is all without “Vertical Progression”. We never needed it or wanted it, and we were happy to spend money on gems without it.

Now, with gear grind, I’m not so sure…

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

Gear grind and all that aside, the Ele “fixes” and the lovely new Mesmer bugs make me want to tear my hair out.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

I put a similar post in craftin forum , the Ascend Ring need more variation in stats, lot of the rings have the same stat, and a LOT with critical damage, but neither one have Healing Power to support characters, the only one is the jack all trade with all stats.

All the rings

http://www.gw2db.com/items/trinkets

The only stat combination ring with Healing Power

http://www.gw2db.com/items/71368-solaria-circle-of-the-sun

To me the issue here is what if i want go to support build with my Guardian or other character i prefer my old Cleric Ring/Jewels, and i have to change this only for the Agony Resistance but in stats i prefer the old exotic items.

I think we need more diferent stats with the rings, change some that are repeat , we have 2 o 3 with Pw, Pr and CritDamage and Pw,Th and crit damage., but neither with healing power.

thx

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

Still no fixes for Warrior traits: Crackshot with Volley (-20% cooldown) and Fast Hands (-5s weapon swap). These seem like low-hanging fruit and 3 months without a fix is pretty bad.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Lets see, hour a week, in one month that’s 4 hours. So you hit level 80 with full exotics in 4 hours? Interesting….

RIP in peace Robert

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Principe I.1492

Principe I.1492

my feedback?
OK:

are liars. you broke the promises made before the relase.
I bought the game because I thought the promise of “no grind” … and I was screwed.

GW2 ends here for me.
I will not buy from ArenaNet in the future

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

Drop rates are deffintly ruined. (Overall) White/green/blue/yellow you name all drops a lot less for every single person i’ve talk to on my server. (I farm a lot and i know who farms a lot our average really mirrors any change fast.) Yellows did drop less since a week or so but now it is really low. (You can check the prices going up on TP before telling its just my luck people.. i am not talking about 1 event on 1 person here.)

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Patch feed back, I guess I will try to stick to the topic, and here’s what I think after trying the patch:

- I sold something on the TP and there’s a red “1” dot under the TP icon, it stays there even after I went to check it and won’t go away unless I go all the way to a TP npc to get the funds out, the red dot is VERY annoying and distracting.

- It used to be that when ever you gets new mail (ie after completing a heart) it would play a ding and a bird flys across the screen, it helps me to know that I have completed the task for the heart and I could stop. After the patch it no longer plays a sound nor the bird flying across the screen, and I have to pay attention on the top roll of icons and constantly checking to see if I have gotten the hearts reward, which makes my first point more annoying.

- My lvl80 thief just relearn my off hand dagger 5 skill, and in the skill window I now have 2 off hand 5 skill icons, woohoo.

- last but not least, your new gear grind initiative just killed my desire to spend any more of my money in your game and company, just thought you may want to know.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Cutterslaine.2689

Cutterslaine.2689

Your a vocal minority apparently….which is unfortunate.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

I find the mesmer now next to useless in WvW. All it can do is stand around waiting for someone to fall off a wall during a seige. In the mean time, the thief appears/disappears so much it like a hack.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Most of the naysayers to more progression are casuals correct?

Incorrect. Most of the naysayers are experienced gamers, who care enough to get on the forums and complain. Most of the causals have absolutely no idea what’s coming, as they don’t read forum or blog posts. Just you wait until Jenny13FCanada finds out that the exotic piece she just spent all of her $15 allowance on buying gems for is now worthless. You think things are ugly now? This is just the beginning.

Also, if a few million bought this game and only a few thousand are upset then very well could be most of you are in the minority.

Possible, but highly unlikely. I have never seen such a unified and coherent rejection of a new feature as I have on these forums. Not to mention on Reddit, on GW2 guru and in my own guild chat. I think it’s fairly safe to say that the vast majority of those of us who know about and understand the incoming changes despise them, and we feel lied to. As I say, just wait until the people who don’t read GW2 blog posts and forums figure it out. The fireworks are to come.

Of course, Arenanet could ask us what we think, using an in-game survey or something, but I doubt they will do that, it’s fairly clear from the 10’000 post hate thread (and that’s with a LOT of posts being deleted due to bad language, threats etc,) what the community really thinks.

Even though as you rightly point out, 10’000 is only a small percentage of the whole population of the game, I think the sheer volume and ferocity of response is a good indication of what most of us think.

Yes, it will lose concurrent players. Good! We don’t want the content-locusts in here ruining our game. Let it drop down to half, hell, even 10% of what it is now. We don’t need 500’000 players online to make Lion’s Arch seem like a busy place, 50’000 will do just fine, and there will be a hell of a lot less lag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_video_games

GW1 was the 10th best selling PC game OF ALL TIME. Calling it a “Niche” game just shows your ignorance. If they even do the same number of sales as GW1, a game without any of the traditional MMO trappings, I think they will be more than happy with those sales plus cash shop revenue.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

According to the general population the only two classes that don’t need to reroll are Warriors and Guardians. The rest of the classes are all quiting or rerolling judging by the posts in the class forums.

Elementalist – “Other class besides Ely would you reroll too?”
Engineer – “Is anyone changing classes?”
Mesmer – “Abandoning Mesmer Class”
Necromancer – “I’m done”
Ranger – “Reroll then what”
Thief – “What are you re-rolling too?”

L
O
L

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Endymion.6180

Hey guys, I think I’ve found it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

Was this the manifesto that you’ve (clearly) lost?

Endy.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Dokuroizo.5348

Dokuroizo.5348

great, so here we go :

Perhaps I’m just blind and was too busy looking at the significant buffs to notice these massive nerfs that just killed ranger as a profession.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-15#Ranger

In short, what the hell are you talking about?

This patch included buffs to:

• the effect proc rates on spirits (up to 35%)
  • the harpoon gun’s primary skill (longer bleed and more damage)
  • greatsword (blocking now works while moving, and Maul is stronger)

Not to mention several skills have been added to the combo finisher list, which makes them more useful.

There is no way that anyone can look at a roster FULL of buffs and call it a nerf unless they just didn’t read.

So you mean useless underwater buffs ( yeah how much of your time do you spend underwater anyway?) and a useless spiritbuff ( the bloody thing dies if I sneeze to hard ) and of course the tooltip changes, make a GREAT improvement for us rangers?

These were not the area’s we requested changes, these were not the problems that kittened us.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Ranger community would like to thank everyone at Anet for admitting that the ranger is the profession that needs the most help currently but are given the least attention of professions to actually fixing things.

All is vain.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

Drop rates are deffintly ruined. (Overall) White/green/blue/yellow you name all drops a lot less for every single person i’ve talk to on my server. (I farm a lot and i know who farms a lot our average really mirrors any change fast.) Yellows did drop less since a week or so but now it is really low. (You can check the prices going up on TP before telling its just my luck people.. i am not talking about 1 event on 1 person here.)

I thought that too until I did Grenth. I think it’s hysteria now.

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Wolfend.5287

Wolfend.5287

My feedback is in my sig,

But if it is not clear: patch tore the fabric of guildwars core philosophy in two. A vision at odds with itself is now manifesting in the most peculiar way.

“Chasing two rabbits means you’ll end up with neither”, unless you have a shotgun and know how to use it.

If you want to repair damage, email me directly, for sound suggestions; but not unlike the “progress manifold” outlined a few years back on gw2 wiki suggestions.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:User/Volfen/Progress_Manifold_as_an_Alternative_Server_Type_-_Destiny_Servers.

(edited by Wolfend.5287)

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: blenheim.6489

blenheim.6489

Plinx nerf. Unwarranted. Hope there is something comparable in the new zone. If not, I wish I had known that the only bearable karma farming method was going to get nerfed so that I could have capitalized on it sooner instead of doing things I enjoy.

Also, adding mandatory participation in the new dungeon to the monthly achievement is lame. GW2 prides itself on multiple paths to the same end goal— before this. Running the dungeons you want for the gear you want and all of them contributing to the monthly was nice. Being pigeonholed into doing the new content to complete the monthly is a step in the wrong direction.

Gawdwyn

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Long and short of my feelings:

- my Ranger will be shelved until Anet learns to fix any of the problems everybody is talking about.
- my Necro is getting better, but ultimately isn’t there yet. the biggest problems weren’t addressed.
- my Guardian didn’t see much this patch, but it’s still the most viable option.
- should prob roll a Warrior, since it’s clear they’re Anet’s favorite child. all they saw were buffs.
- Anet focused on underwater combat improvement this patch for most professions. Pitiful.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Long and short of my feelings:

- my Ranger will be shelved until Anet learns to fix any of the problems everybody is talking about.
- my Necro is getting better, but ultimately isn’t there yet. the biggest problems weren’t addressed.
- my Guardian didn’t see much this patch, but it’s still the most viable option.
- should prob roll a Warrior, since it’s clear they’re Anet’s favorite child. all they saw were buffs.
- Anet focused on underwater combat improvement this patch for most professions. Pitiful.

They didn’t focus on underwater combat, there were things for underwater combat, but the overwhelming majority of fixes were for land combat.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Prima.3512

Prima.3512

My feedback so far:
- playing a lot more dungeons, mainly because of the Bag that gives you tokens, karma, gold (would love it if the token number would increase, maybe 5 instead of 3), maybe change the old dungeons, so that it does not get boring of the same old stuff
- still playing a mesmer, still loving the class
- new UI design changes, like the cleanness
- thats all for now, have to wait for the new dungeon

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Good work on the ranger and necro. They still need more, though. However, I can use them in PvE a little better.

Still waiting on Heartseeker to be balanced. And eles still need much more loving.

Still waiting on the official event to start, though:

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Patch Feedback [merged]

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Heartseeker is such a weak skill now and you want it to be nerfed even more? XD Do you know how old that stupid video is? There has been a huge nerf of the skill since it was done.