Patch day laurel

Patch day laurel

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

I feel as though I have been legitimately handicapped by having missed a misimplemented daily.

It’s just one day.

wasn’t expecting that sort of a reset… there was no warning, so I had no idea that it was happening

Dailies reset every single day at the exact same time, including the day of patch.

Not telling us that this would happen is even worse than letting it happen in the first place.

Really? Because it always has been like this for 5 months now, and you feel the need to complain just now.

Those are 25 points I can never get back.

They are converting old achievements to the “new system”. Some of your A-points will just go poof, how do you feel about that?

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yes, and I got the daily that reset at the normal time, however there was an extra reset that day, and that is the problem. When the patch came out at 4PM EST, the daily reset even though it normally is not supposed to with a patch, and people playing during those 3 hours could get 2 daily achievements in 1 day. That is the issue, and it has nothing to do with what you just posted about.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Patch day laurel

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Some people missed out because they were sleeping, some because they were working, others were eating, or watching TV.

Heck some tried to get it done but ran out of time, or had combo killer bugged.

Nothing about this is “unfair” to you because of your timezone.

is it unfair when the player next to you gets a rare drop but you only got a green? Should Anet fix this gross injustice to you every single time someone somewhere in the game got a reward that you didn’t?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Patch day laurel

Recycle.5493

Yes, and I got the daily that reset at the normal time, however there was an extra reset that day, and that is the problem. When the patch came out at 4PM EST, the daily reset even though it normally is not supposed to with a patch, and people playing during those 3 hours could get 2 daily achievements in 1 day. That is the issue, and it has nothing to do with what you just posted about.

Unlucky you then, you need to work all day long for an extra day of daily in a game just so you can catch up in digital numbers. You won’t be able to do anything else because you will waste all those time on a game that is supposed to make you relax from real life stress.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

I feel as though I have been legitimately handicapped by having missed a misimplemented daily.

It’s just one day.

Maybe it’s just one day for you, but for others that don’t like to skip dailies that’s one day lost. I wish people would stop forcing own view on others. It’s like saying you don’t have to eat tomatoes because I don’t like them.

wasn’t expecting that sort of a reset… there was no warning, so I had no idea that it was happening

Dailies reset every single day at the exact same time, including the day of patch.
The day the patch hit, the daily rest 3 hours PRIOR the schedule. Stop giving out false info.

Not telling us that this would happen is even worse than letting it happen in the first place.

Really? Because it always has been like this for 5 months now, and you feel the need to complain just now.

Those are 25 points I can never get back.

They are converting old achievements to the “new system”. Some of your A-points will just go poof, how do you feel about that?

I am sorry but it’s clear you don’t know what you are talking about.

People did 2 dailies in one day.
There’s nothing to argue about here. It was Anet’s fault that they didn’t say that the patch would have also involved a daily reset.
OR they could have waited and push the patch a few minutes prior the scheduled reset.

I want my jug of karma and 1 laurel.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: iHungeri.4096

iHungeri.4096

thank goodness this game actually has a pretty good in-game community, as opposed to this “i’m-entitled-to-everything” QQ-mentality that pervades the forum, or i’d have quit long ago.

will pay for a dolly rocket booster

Patch day laurel

Rising Dusk.2408

is it unfair when the player next to you gets a rare drop but you only got a green? Should Anet fix this gross injustice to you every single time someone somewhere in the game got a reward that you didn’t?

If the difference is RNG, fine, that’s a part of games; green or rare or blue or nothing is a part of the game and we’re all aware of it. No problem there. If they had announced that there’d be an extra daily and I chose not to be there for it, fine, that would have been my choice. No problem there. The problem is that it was not announced and was certainly unexpected, and it is ANet’s fault that this discrepancy happened.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Patch day laurel

Recycle.5493

There’s nothing to argue about here. It was Anet’s fault that they didn’t say that the patch would have also involved a daily reset.
OR they could have waited and push the patch a few minutes prior the scheduled reset.

I am sorry but my time zone always allows me to complete 2 dailies in one day, which I did 3 total at the day of the patch, one before and one after the patch and another right after reset, as it always resets at 4 P.M. for me. If you still think it’s Anet’s fault, then maybe you should take this to the suggestion forum and tell them to make it better, otherwise I see nothing wrong here.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Everyone had a chance to get the first Laurel. I’ve completed my daily achievements before the patch. When the patch was released the daily achievements were reset and I was able to get the first laurel before midnight UTC.

The update was between 2 – 9am my time, during a weekday, reset is 11am my time. I don’t agree with you that everybody had that chance.

You had the chance. You were sleeping. Get over it. People missed the one time Karka event too because they weren’t on. You aren’t special, you don’t deserve anything.

Patch day laurel

Rising Dusk.2408

The key difference is that the one-time Karka event was announced. This special extra daily was not.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Evelynddra.9265

Evelynddra.9265

Everyone had the same opportunity. Some missed it.

No they didn’t. This may come as a shock but the world has different timezones. This update was very early morning during a weekday for some. Being penalized for living in a different timezone is silly.

I think the point is that the opportunity shouldn’t have existed in the first place.

No-one is being penalized for living in a different time zone. Penalized implies you are being punished. I’m positive the Areanet devs aren’t sitting there planning how to punish Oceanic players for being in a different time zone.

And as others have stated…it’s one laurel. ONE. Why there even needs to be a discussion is beyond me. It’s not fair, you’re right. I hate to burst your bubble though, but life isn’t fair. You did have the chance to get the extra laurel. No matter how much you say you didn’t, the fact is that it was available. Yes, it was at a time inconvenient for some, but it was there. So suck it up, and stop trying to label your whining about missing one (ONE) laurel as a discussion.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I wasn’t intending to say anything more on this topic, but people seem to be comparing one time events with daily (repeatable) achievements. I’m really not following this train of thought at all. A one time event is something you can do/or not do once. When it’s finished you will never be able to do it, or gain the rewards from it, again.

The daily that was missed by some (myself included) can be done again, the very next day, and you will be able to get the exact same reward. If you missed out on something unique that you cannot get again I would understand this thread more, but it’s not, it’s a reward you can get every day.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Patch day laurel

Fasalina.6571

I am sorry but my time zone always allows me to complete 2 dailies in one day, which I did 3 total at the day of the patch, one before and one after the patch and another right after reset, as it always resets at 4 P.M. for me. If you still think it’s Anet’s fault, then maybe you should take this to the suggestion forum and tell them to make it better, otherwise I see nothing wrong here.

Ok, then I’ll explain to you too what happened in my case and in many others’ cases, since it’s clear that people don’t read the pages before and just skip to the last page and comment on that.

I am GMT+1. My dailies, as well as all the other GMT+1 people’s dailies reset at 1AM in the morning, every day at the same hour.

ANet added the patch at 10PM, 3 hours before the reset, without telling us that the patch also included a daily reset.
What happened was that, we had two daily resets, one at 10PM (because of the patch) and one (and the normal one) 3 hours later at 1AM (when it was supposed to be)
People that were there, right after the patch did one set of dailies in the 3 hours. And then at 1AM (normal reset) they did another daily.

So to make it short. On the 28th and before the daily normal reset that happened at 1AM there was another reset prior to the normal one. Which means, people got 2 daily rewards for the 28th (and one of the rewards also included the new laurel) while other that didn’t know about this second reset didn’t get it and now are 1 laurel short.

When I logged on after the patch, I noticed that my daily quest reset, but since Anet didn’t say anything about it,and since I already did my daily for the 28th, I thought it was just a UI bug and didn’t actually try to do it because I supposed, that it wasn’t possible that the daily would reset before time

Point is:

Give 1 laurel to everyone that didn’t do the “extra daily” that day. Or better yet, cancel them and make it start from the 1st of February.
and next time ANet pay more attention to what you are doing

(edited by Fasalina.6571)

Patch day laurel

Fasalina.6571

I wasn’t intending to say anything more on this topic, but people seem to be comparing one time events with daily (repeatable) achievements. I’m really not following this train of thought at all. A one time event is something you can do/or not do once. When it’s finished you will never be able to do it, or gain the rewards from it, again.

The daily that was missed by some (myself included) can be done again, the very next day, and you will be able to get the exact same reward. If you missed out on something unique that you cannot get again I would understand this thread more, but it’s not, it’s a reward you can get every day.

I am seriously not that bothered that I wasn’t able to get 1 laurel.

The thing most annoying, and the main reason I don’t feel like letting it go is that it’s not the first time that Anet screws up because nobody thought about stuff in advance.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: BlackestKnight.1278

BlackestKnight.1278

Point is:

Give 1 laurel to everyone that didn’t do the “extra daily” that day. Or better yet, cancel them and make it start from the 1st of February.
and next time ANet pay more attention to what you are doing

Why punish everyone because you missed an opportunity ?

What a kittenty train of thought you just had. Just be happy some people got 2 dailies. I just got 1 Jug of Karma because I didn’t do the daily before the patch, you don’t hear me whine.

I almost missed the first laurel, and if I had, I wouldn’t have cared, just like I missed the Karka stuff…. Oh well, happy for those that got it!

Why can’t people just be happy for others and move on instead of wanting to always drag things down to a lowest common denominator.

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

The thing most annoying, and the main reason I don’t feel like letting it go is that it’s not the first time that Anet screws up because nobody thought about stuff in advance.

If you’re that annoyed over 1 laurel, you need to stop playing MMOs. Anet probably did think this through, decided to make the laurel available for 3 hours knowing that a part of their userbase wouldn’t get it, and thought : “Meh who cares it’s just 1 laurel”.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Kitten – reading this thread, you’d think a laurel was something worth complaining over.  I’d mail you one of mine if I could.  

It’s one laurel.

Good grief.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Or have we discovered an unrevealed mechanic in the ‘daily’ laurel system? Are we looking at laurel achievements that randomly pop up with a narrow 3 hour windows?

Part of me was initially intrigued by the idea of increasing the rate of laurel gain but there was another voice telling me that would be ill-advised even if I couldn’t define it. Sort of like when Frodo told Boromir ‘Your words would seem like wisdom but for the warning in my heart’

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Patch day laurel

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

It was Anet’s fault that they didn’t say that the patch would have also involved a daily reset.

It’s a patch we all knew was going to change how dailies work, if you didn’t use that information to conclude that the handling of the dailies for that day would probably be affected, that’s on you.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

And this is why Anet doesn’t take our opinions seriously…

Patch day laurel

Fasalina.6571

If you’re that annoyed over 1 laurel, you need to stop playing MMOs. Anet probably did think this through, decided to make the laurel available for 3 hours knowing that a part of their userbase wouldn’t get it, and thought : “Meh who cares it’s just 1 laurel”.

let me put something in BOLD for you from what I said.

Patch day laurel

Recycle.5493

let me put something in BOLD for you from what I said.

Let me rephrase his quote for you.

If you’re that annoyed over Anet, you need to stop playing their games. Anet probably did think this through, decided to make the laurel available for 3 hours knowing that a part of their userbase wouldn’t get it, and thought : “Meh who cares it’s just 1 laurel”.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

lol this thread reached 3 pages? It’s 1 laurel you will have forgotten about in less than a week. Get over it.

Patch day laurel

Fasalina.6571

The funny thing is that if they decided to actually ad 10 laurels for the January monthly. The situation would have been the opposite, and I bet every single White Knight in this thread would shush. “But, but I already did my monthly, what can I do now? Unfair unfair!!!111one”

No, I won’t stop playing this game because it’s the successor of one of the best games I ever experimented in my teens. (There’s a thing called post history for a forum member here, why don’t you check on people before starting bashing and calling a hater)

I complain because I want to make it better.
I used to defend this game with all my heart on every forum I ever found.
I am not bothered by the fact that I missed one laurel. I am bothered by the way Anet implements stuff without saying anything and without testing.
- Dyes becoming account bound – check
- Exotic weapons worth almost 0 Karma? – check (no rollback and a few, too little bans)
- Godskull exploit? – check (no rollback)
- Winter exploit? – check (no rollback, but some bans)

EDIT: and I probably missed a few

Patch day laurel

Fasalina.6571

It was Anet’s fault that they didn’t say that the patch would have also involved a daily reset.

It’s a patch we all knew was going to change how dailies work, if you didn’t use that information to conclude that the handling of the dailies for that day would probably be affected, that’s on you.

When I logged in AFTER the patch, I immediately checked on my daily just to be sure. You know what I found? I found that my kill variety and my daily events were done, even if there was a reset (because of the patch).
What would you think of that?
I’ll tell you what I thought: “Nah it would be inconsiderate and strange for ANet to reset the daily 3 hours before the normal reset, also considering some of the requirements for my daily are already done, it must be an UI bug” and I logged off and went to bed, because I had an exam the next day.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

One laurel, that’s one day more…

I didn’t get that extra laurel…

OH THE HUMANITY!

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Patch day laurel

Fasalina.6571

Seems that even thought I stated that I’m not angry about that one kitten laurel (yes, it bugs me a bit, but not that much to create so much drama), people keep coming with the same stuff.
At this point, it’s pointless to have discussion. Everyone can refuse to understand, use a sarcastic tone and troll.
I’ve had enough.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

i was one of those “lucky” ones playing during that 3-hour window between the patch and the daily reset. many players got random disconnects (took me 5 tries to get into LA), progress resets (yes, we’d spend an hour playing and disconnect, then the game didn’t remember what we did) and buggy achievements (it took a party of 5 with 2 staff eles about an hour of killing moas and ghost pirates to get that ridiculous combo killer daily).

i’d think of that 1 (ONE, SINGLE) laurel as compensation for bug-testing for Anet and just drop the issue.

This is probably the single best reply here.

I was there during the whole reset/backtrack/ etc time too. I got the combo because I am GOOD at combos. Unfortunately the goodness of my heart, my care bear (yes, you heard that right forum people who think I am a witch from he ll ) attitude helped scores of other people learn to do the combo, and I did not get to complete the “extra daily” because I only got the COMBO portion done.

Am I angry that others DID get it? Heck no. More power to ya. It is ONE LAUREL.

And I am ahead of you anyway, My heritage name is Sage Laurel. It was my name in Gw1, and it is my name in Guild Wars 2.

so nanny boo.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Patch day laurel

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The funny thing is that if they decided to actually ad 10 laurels for the January monthly. The situation would have been the opposite, and I bet every single White Knight in this thread would shush. “But, but I already did my monthly, what can I do now? Unfair unfair!!!111one”

No, I won’t stop playing this game because it’s the successor of one of the best games I ever experimented in my teens. (There’s a thing called post history for a forum member here, why don’t you check on people before starting bashing and calling a hater)

I am not bothered by the fact that I missed one laurel. I am bothered by the way Anet implements stuff without saying anything and without testing.
- Exotic weapons worth almost 0 Karma? – check (no rollback and a few, too little bans)

What does any of that have to do with laurels? It’s one laurel, they can’t compensate people every time some one misses a daily.

I’m not white knighting anet here, I see the faults where they lay and agree that they need to get better at Q&Aing their patches because they usually break about as much as they fix. But this isn’t one of those things.

Patch day laurel

Evelynddra.9265

You’re right I would stop “white knighting”, because 10 is much more than one. I’m also sure Anet tests; it’s ridiculous to think they don’t. They may not have a PTR (which I feel would be a good idea), but I’m sure they do internal testing. Otherwise we’d have MANY more issues. Contrary to what you seem to believe though…sometimes things happen that Anet doesn’t expect. They’re not gods; they’re just regular people who make mistakes.

Dyes – The entire dye system was different. They changed it to one that, imo, is much better. They changed it before release, so I’m unsure what the fuss is about. Things change in beta, it happens.

Exotic – Remember the part where I said Anet are human and can make a mistake? Here’s one. I’m not sure you understand the effects of a rollback. If they did a server rollback, could you imagine the outcry? There were lots of people who abused that exploit…but there were many more that didn’t. A rollback would have been a TERRIBLE idea. As for bans, they did permaban 3000 players, and gave another 1000 a 72 hour ban. These were players who exploited it hundreds and thousands of times. I think this is an appropriate punishment. This was obviously a mistake, and those who abused it knew what they were doing.

Godskull – I actually hadn’t even heard of this one. Again though, rollback would be a terrible idea for the reasons listed above. Also, can you rollback a single character? I haven’t heard of this happening before in games. Even if it was possible though, it would still be a bad idea. The weapons were already in the system.

Winter – Again, rollback = bad idea. Huge outcry. Bans for those who really abused it. Not sure what else you’d want.

So to end…Anet devs are human. They make mistakes. They can also improve (yay PTR!). Unfortunately whining does nothing. If you want change then demonstrate how and what could change instead of saying "I don’t like this. FIX IT!”

Patch day laurel

BlackestKnight.1278

Seems that even thought I stated that I’m not angry about that one kitten laurel (yes, it bugs me a bit, but not that much to create so much drama), people keep coming with the same stuff.
At this point, it’s pointless to have discussion. Everyone can refuse to understand, use a sarcastic tone and troll.
I’ve had enough.

The fact it was bugging you was the problem. It shouldn’t bug you and if it does, MMOs aren’t for you.

The fact you’ve had enough is a relief to all of us. They specifically were careful about the monthly because that is 10 days worth of effort. They didn’t give a crap about the daily because who gives a crap.

Measures and weights. Choose your fight, and all that crap.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

If you finished your monthly after the patch did you receive laurals?

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I believe there may have been a Dev post in another thread about setting your game’s time to the server time so you know when your Dailies reset.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Good afternoon friends, unfortunately I’m going to have to break a promise here and not respond to everybody’s posts. This thread gained much more attention than I thought it would.

I don’t really know what to say to people who think because the servers were online, everyone had an equal opportunity to participate in this daily. I think each word in the response would have to be in single syllables or something.

Thanks to those who have posted, regardless of whether you’re agreeing, disagreeing or just blatantly trolling. All input is welcome.

In other news, my therapist told me that posting a thread on a forum and responding to replies is definitely a red flag for a nervous breakdown.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Patch day laurel

Fasalina.6571

I’ll just say one last thing to answer to you, since so far you were the only one that answered without bashing.

First, they did ban people yes, but in the mean time a great lot of money and items were introduced in the market.

The Godskull exploit was: craft some Godskull rare GSs ( I think other weapons worked too) throw them in the mystic force, the recipe was broken and have a very, very high chance to give a precursor. They didn’t do anything about it, except fix it after way too much time.

In the mean time I remembered quite a few that show how much prior better and longer testing is important. I’ll just list one: fractals. First they released it half finished where agony crap with slightly better stats where available only there ( and they already said it was a mistake)
The the DC problems appeared where you were unable to finish a run if you were disconnected (I personally lost a good amount of time , when people dced left and right).
They come along and say, it’ll be released when ready, then how is it that this was implemented when it was obviously not ready?
And when did they fix it? 2 months later.
Another thing, I’m coming from a great deal of other MMOS (I don’t know why people are telling me that MMOs aren’t for me, considering I’ve been playing them, long before some of you were born). In all these MMOS, a rollback was never a problem. Regarding the QQ about an eventual rollback, the company would state what was it for (ie. some people that found an exploit became very rich, possibly causing a really big inflation in prices later on (and it’s exactly what’s happening now) – just an example.
I for one, would be extremely happy if I had to loose just a few levels and a few drops, for the future of a game.

And last thing, I know they are human, and humans make mistakes, but is it possible that a whole company makes mistakes? (and not just one, but quite a few?).

And to also answer BlackestKnight.1278

Ok, everyone managed to convince me that getting frustrated (even if just a tad bit) over a laurel is stupid, and made me look stupid.

But I’m still angry about the decision to roll the patch 3 hours sooner, just before the normal daily reset. Consider this: It’s the 28th of February, you still need 5 WvW kills to get your monthly, you manage to get back 2 hours before the reset, log in and discover that they already rolled the patch for March? The situation is the same in both cases. As far as I see it, this is the result of poor planning, and it doesn’t make the company look very serious and professional.

EDIT: And to end it. Moral of the story? ANet, wake up! I want you to be more professional in some cases. You’re a company for chrissake, start acting like one, already. More punctuality, more open discussion, more testing, and stop it with the “small changes” not mentioned in patches.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

I also missed out on the extra laurel as i wasn’t even aware that the daily had reset (UK, i think i already had it done for that day). The idea of squeezing in an achievement that half of the available servers will miss out on (timezones) is pretty inconsiderate (didn’t they learn from lost shores?). To be honest, i don’t think they should have added another ‘daily’ without a server-wide announcement which would at least have given us the choice to try to do it or forsake the laurel.

The reward for the ‘3-hourly’ does not concern me at all; it’s the thinking behind its’ release/implementation (consciously not caring about the EU server players) which is poor form at best. I thought the US had generally high levels of customer awareness, i guess i was wrong.

Patch day laurel

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I was in RAGE when I was almost completing and it reseted. No No No No No No Fair

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Patch day laurel

Evelynddra.9265

I’ll just say one last thing to answer to you, since so far you were the only one that answered without bashing.

First, they did ban people yes, but in the mean time a great lot of money and items were introduced in the market.

The Godskull exploit was: craft some Godskull rare GSs ( I think other weapons worked too) throw them in the mystic force, the recipe was broken and have a very, very high chance to give a precursor. They didn’t do anything about it, except fix it after way too much time.

In the mean time I remembered quite a few that show how much prior better and longer testing is important. I’ll just list one: fractals. First they released it half finished where agony crap with slightly better stats where available only there ( and they already said it was a mistake)
The the DC problems appeared where you were unable to finish a run if you were disconnected (I personally lost a good amount of time , when people dced left and right).
They come along and say, it’ll be released when ready, then how is it that this was implemented when it was obviously not ready?
And when did they fix it? 2 months later.
Another thing, I’m coming from a great deal of other MMOS (I don’t know why people are telling me that MMOs aren’t for me, considering I’ve been playing them, long before some of you were born). In all these MMOS, a rollback was never a problem. Regarding the QQ about an eventual rollback, the company would state what was it for (ie. some people that found an exploit became very rich, possibly causing a really big inflation in prices later on (and it’s exactly what’s happening now) – just an example.
I for one, would be extremely happy if I had to loose just a few levels and a few drops, for the future of a game.

And last thing, I know they are human, and humans make mistakes, but is it possible that a whole company makes mistakes? (and not just one, but quite a few?).

Yeah, and that’s very unfortunate. But I’ve also seen how people respond to rollbacks . The couple that happened during my time playing WoW were reacted to VERY negatively, regardless of reason. The same thing happened on other games that dare rollback server. I’ve also seen how this community reacts to anything that they may not like. For example, a missing laurel. A rollback would cause these forums to explode in rage. Regardless of why it happened (people here seem to never care about the why).

There are lots of issues. They do not surprise me though, as this tends to be a common theme both in new games, and new expansions (whether this is good or bad is another topic lol). I’ve played many games, and been through many expansions and they are never perfect. Some have terribly annoying bugs, some are small. I do feel Anet are trying to fix things. Especially with the next patches which they say they are focusing on those more annoying bugs and issues. Sometimes they take lots of time, like the d/c bug (which I couldn’t do any fractals until it was fixed). The thing is, we don’t know the extent of the bug. We’re not all programmers, yet we think we know more about it and yell when it isn’t done when we want it.

Anet tends to have issues communicating, but this community never seems to be happy. If they say anything, we take it as absolute truth. If they keep it vague we cry that we want details. It’s a vicious cycle.

It’s also not the whole company making mistakes. They have departments that work on different things. The people who design it, likely aren’t the ones who actually program it (to an extent, I’m sure programmers have some say). Some things slip through that wouldn’t if they had a PTR (like the Wintersday exploit). So I strongly think a PTR would vastly improve the amount of issues that leak through. Also, more details on the patch notes. What exact changes were made, how much was added/taken/adjusted. That would cut a lot of speculation (like with Orr drop rates now), and allow people to easier figure out how to tackle dungeons. I do find it fairly odd that they do not do this.