Yggdrasill.7018

“This content is available from April 30 to May 12”

Oh, great, another temporary dungeon

Patch notes are up (30 April)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

Quote:

“Completing the meta-achievement for Flame and Frost, “Alliance Breaker,” awards you a Fused Gauntlet Ticket. Use this item to exchange it for your choice of Fused Gauntlets, a unique exotic item.”

Gauntlets of Burning Doom!

Yahhahah /cough Sorry. ;P

Edit:

Quote:

“Added the following rare weapon skin sets to the Weapon Master: Aureate, Flame, Verdant, and Norn.”

I wonder what those will look like.

Quote: “Summoned creatures and pets can no longer draw aggro from enemies that have not already aggroed on their master.”

Necros and Mesmers rejoice!

Quote: “Magic Find is now displayed on your Hero Panel.”

Quote: “There is now a rare chance to get the Cheetah Charr or Killer Whale Quaggan backpack covers from the Black Lion Chest.”

Quote: “To celebrate spring, the Gem Store will make available one miniature baby animal each week for the next 5 weeks.”

Quote: “An active customer-support link now appears when attempting to purchase gems fails.

I think I covered all the important information that people want to know.

(edited by Shadowlancer.7102)

Posted by: Gerandar.8092

Gerandar.8092

so how much longer until its up for download and heart of the mists will be working? O.o

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Gauntlets of Burning Doom!

Yahhahah /cough Sorry. ;P

I´m not getting it, what´s so funny?
I like it, finally those kitten achievements are actually good for something!

Polish > hype

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Achievements make the LS content sound fun. :P

Poor RTL though…

“The great jungle wurm can no longer be killed before its event starts. Increased the scaling cap on the wurm.” This happened to me for the first time yesterday. Though I had seen many complain about it, I had never seen the worm just straight up disappear instantly. Hope the other bosses have scaled decently too.

“To celebrate spring, the Gem Store will make available one miniature baby animal each week for the next 5 weeks. The first of these adorable additions is the Mini Hippo Calf, which is now available in the Minis category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.” – Goodbye my money. :S

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

“This content is available from April 30 to May 12”

Oh, great, another temporary dungeon

Hey as long as I can do it solo I’ll be happy:)

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

As a WvWer, the news of the change there fills me with utter glee. Yeehehehehehehe!

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

@ HawkMeister.4758

Oh that’s the excitement, sarcasm, and fake evil laugh all in one. I don’t know if the one time item will be bad kitten looking or just a disappointment. /crosses fingers

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Someone needs to post the new skins and gem items! I’m curious what the quiver looks like especially since I’d much rather turn my capacitor into a quiver than craft it!

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Hero Panel now displays magic find.

Woo, no more math! lols

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Quote: “Summoned creatures and pets can no longer draw aggro from enemies that have not already aggroed on their master.”

How’s this affect ranger pets and using them to pull though?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

@LanfearShadowflame.3189
I assume they can agro IFF (if and only if) you press f1 on the enemy. My assumption of course. =)

Plus, who pulls with their pets now? Shoot it with a long bow, problem solved.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

see i said the patch notes would be released earlier.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Maybe it means how they auto attack mobs, or aggro mobs without you ever hitting them? Not really sure..

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Gerandar.8092

Gerandar.8092

I assume they will only get aggro once they attack the mob :\ or they could activate the threat the moment you hit the attack skill for the pet O.o but I’m fairly sure its the ladder

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I don’t think it should since Ranger Pets are the only ones that can be directly commanded to attack something. I don’t know about Mesmers, but running around on a Necro with a pet out was really annoying sometimes – stop to do some mining and the pet would wander off and start beating on something that didn’t even notice you.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Looks pretty good. Still not happy about the confusion nerf, but the rest of the patch looks nice.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I do…obviously. Others I play with also do. Why? Because my pet can go further than my long bow.

@Et All that responded
Lol thanks, I’m also assuming that the critter should aggro on the pet, if I tell the pet to attack, but weirder glitches have occurred… Thus the question. ^.^

And yes, necro minions randomly aggroing on anything (and everything) was super annoying.

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

How long till the patch comes live ?

Simon.3106

I do…obviously. Others I play with also do. Why? Because my pet can go further than my long bow.

Longbow can reach target from a good enough distance AND can pull one or two targets from a MOb. Pets brings the whole mob. Each of their own. =b And every ranger I have played with uses a bow instead of relying on pets to pull. 0_0 Different server have different people i guess

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Killer Quaggan, gimme!

Simon.3106

To explain why we use bow instead of pets.
Solo:
if running solo, why waste time, waiting for your pet to run over to the enemy and tell them to kite the enemies back to you, when you can just shoot them from where you stand. Save about 15 seconds of your life if you get to the point

Dungeons:
I really dont think you want to pull in mobs. =) Unless you can survive, of course… like me -_-\/

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I wonder what projectiles are unblockable =\

Since almost every projectile protection skill was fixed, it would be cool thing by anet to actually explain which PvE bosses use unblockable skills.

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

First remark that interests me.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I wonder what projectiles are unblockable =\

Since almost every projectile protection skill was fixed, it would be cool thing by anet to actually explain which PvE bosses use unblockable skills.

I’m going to guess most of the things that feedback didn’t block bu guardian skills did block. So, Old Tom for starters.

Sad they didn’t fix Illusionary Berserker. :/

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Longbow can reach target from a good enough distance AND can pull one or two targets from a MOb. Pets brings the whole mob. Each of their own. =b And every ranger I have played with uses a bow instead of relying on pets to pull. 0_0 Different server have different people i guess

Depends on the situation really. Playing alone? Team of 2? Strategic dungeon play?

I tend to play alone, and when pulling with a longbow, the foe does not always switch its attention to my pet, which is where I want it.

Yes, longbow has considerable range, however my pet has a greater range, which can be handy depending on what I’m doing. Its nice to send my pet from mob to mob to mob to mob, bring them into a ball and then just rain arrows down on them while they are all focused on him.

In the case of dungeons, yeah pulling with my pet doesn’t work since I need to be more precise. Heck, most of the time, the poor thing is on heel until the foes are up close and personal.

Still, for solo pve play….fetch, Bacon, fetch! =)

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

The “under attack” notice at objectives now displays 30 seconds after it is first attacked. Does not affect waypoint usage.

does not affect waypoint…
where is the statement from A.net that they want to avoid blob and zerging?

Unless I’ mreading it totally wrong is something like “hills under attack, all to hills” defender die at hills and can respawn there en masse instead of having to go back from garri/citadel.
Nice, really nice.

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

Posted by: Brullyra.1592

Brullyra.1592

Just started downloading for me (UK)

Simon.3106

@ LanfearShadowflame.3189
=) Understandable. You’re right about the range so. I also play solo most of the time.

Anyways, patch is up! Good luck have fun guys. I am still working =( Adventure onwards!

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

The “under attack” notice at objectives now displays 30 seconds after it is first attacked. Does not affect waypoint usage.

Unless I’ mreading it totally wrong is something like “hills under attack, all to hills” defender die at hills and can respawn there en masse instead of having to go back from garri/citadel.
Nice, really nice.

And the other side of that coin is that waypoints are currently useless 95% of the time because they are always contested. All it takes is a single person to run past SM and knock on the door, or a person to hang around the water gate at Bay, for the WP to be unuseable. Maybe some people don’t mind spending gold on something that’s worthless most of the time, but I sure do.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

(edited by Sokar Rostau.7316)

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Just started downloading for me (UK)

Thanks, started too

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Does anybody know how long the achievements/titles will be available for? (Unless the date is the same as for the dungeon).

Too bad, I have finals up until next Friday, so I probably won’t be able to try the dungeon. Hope it’s fun for everyone else though!

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

but running around on a Necro with a pet out was really annoying sometimes – stop to do some mining and the pet would wander off and start beating on something that didn’t even notice you.

This may have been fixed prior, 73 levels into my Necro and this hasn’t happened to me once.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Nice, really nice.

You are understanding it wrong. They are saying the change does not affect waypoints. I.E waypoints still become contested immediately upon attack, but the under attack warning is now delayed 30 seconds.

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

I hope so Zeudet.
As I’m not a native english speaker I was a bit unsure of the meaning.

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

so wheres the Suicide Button on Engineers?

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Elixikittenll = win.

Dev’s pwnd by their own forums

Edit: aww they fixed it. That was both elixirs u & x apparently; not entirely sure why the forums were blocking it…

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

Posted by: Danny.9812

Danny.9812

I tried this with my necro.. made him a MM. Summoned all minions and walked trough orr.. Sadly… it doesnt work.. or not the way most people think it works… I thought it meaned that your minions cant get aggro from monsters UNLESS the mosnter already has aggro on the player. This is incorrect.. or it jsut dont work with necro minions. The minions still got aggro from mobs while i hadnt and stayed out of range.. also when the mosnter attacked my minion.. the minion left my side and just went to battle.
So this Quote: “Summoned creatures and pets can no longer draw aggro from enemies that have not already aggroed on their master.” still doesnt help Minion master by any means.

Danny.9812

Looks pretty good. Still not happy about the confusion nerf, but the rest of the patch looks nice.

What confusion nerf? i dont see it stated anywhere…..

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Endure Pain skill: Players can now capture points while under its effects.

I’m all for buffing classes that need it, but it needs to be done differently. Invulnerable/stealthed captures are terrible design (for any class).

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I tried this with my necro.. made him a MM. Summoned all minions and walked trough orr.. Sadly… it doesnt work.. or not the way most people think it works… I thought it meaned that your minions cant get aggro from monsters UNLESS the mosnter already has aggro on the player. This is incorrect.. or it jsut dont work with necro minions. The minions still got aggro from mobs while i hadnt and stayed out of range.. also when the mosnter attacked my minion.. the minion left my side and just went to battle.
So this Quote: “Summoned creatures and pets can no longer draw aggro from enemies that have not already aggroed on their master.” still doesnt help Minion master by any means.

……….
That’s sad to hear. I thought I may give MM a try but…….

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

What confusion nerf? i dont see it stated anywhere…..

It’s in the part with the changes to WvW.

Posted by: PurveyorOfDoom.3746

PurveyorOfDoom.3746

A bit worried how the inability to block certain projectiles will effect FoTM game play but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

A bit worried how the inability to block certain projectiles will effect FoTM game play but I guess we will find out soon enough.

I guess people won’t block the agony-inflicting spheres of that crazy Asura anymore with the help of Guardian skills.

Posted by: PurveyorOfDoom.3746

PurveyorOfDoom.3746

I guess people won’t block the agony-inflicting spheres of that crazy Asura anymore with the help of Guardian skills.

Yea my main is guardian so I want to be relevant! You reflect the agony attack of the grawl boss with the reflect wall and spirit shield helps with old Tom among other things. Time will tell what exactly is unblockable :/

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Thanks for nerfing Ride The Lightning in PvE. You are terrible, arenanet.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Time will tell what exactly is unblockable

It would be good if the game actually told us that instead of letting us to find it all ourselfves =\

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Yea my main is guardian so I want to be relevant! You reflect the agony attack of the grawl boss with the reflect wall and spirit shield helps with old Tom among other things. Time will tell what exactly is unblockable :/

Pretty sure it has to do with the arrows in wvw, it was a tactic to protect siege from arrow cart fire. I’m going to venture a guess that it has little to no affect on most pve situations.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Danny.9812

Thanks for nerfing Ride The Lightning in PvE. You are terrible, arenanet.

It was not fair to other classes the traveling around map with it was insane.. They fixxed it so now its usefull but be made to get into combat.. If your read the patch noters right you ll see that when it hits the cooldown will be halved.. So there are your precious 20 sec cooldown again. So the only thing that is affected by it is map traveling.. and that was broken on an ele… Also ele has 1—% swiftness uptime anyways. If you play it right and know your class